PDA

View Full Version : Next level grizz

m77s
04-22-2011, 10:00 AM
The toughness of the NBA Playoffs, and Internal Imprvement of being a year further into their careers, and avoiding a Bad Start like the last 2 seasons, should definitely help the Grizz Next Season. But What are we going to have to do to get to the Next Level, where we can win a series or two, and it be expectd, or make a deep run into the playoffs. IMO, we need a 3PT shooter and a Backup PG that's steady and consistent that can stay in front of opposing PG's on D.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Juice traded for future picks to help pay for some of these additions, and give us a pipeline of talent in the future.

Excluding Trades, Who would you like to see us get in Free Agency, assuming Heisley will spend a little more to supplement a winning franchise?
Keep in Mind that the PG has to be better and more consistent than Grieves, also, The shooter has to be able to knock down 3's with regularity better than OJ

Who do you want and why?

Backup PG's Available
1) Shannon Brown
2) JJ Barea
3) Delonte West
4) Carlos Arroyo
5) Sasha Vujacic
6) Sebastian Telfair
7) TJ Ford
8) Earl Boykins

Shooter
1) Jason Kapono
2) Roger Mason
3) Steve Novak
4) Vlad. Radmanovic
5) Peja Stojakovic
6) Rasual Butler
7) Mike Dunleavy JR

I like the Idea of Shannon Brown as a Backup PG, because he has Playoff Experience, He could be a Steady Backup PG, We've already shown interest in him before, He would be Affordable, and he could also play the 2 in the event Juice is Traded.

I like the Idea of Kapono because besides his shooting ability, he could provide depth at the 3 in case Shane Leaves.

I think these two guys would help shore up some areas we need help in, to make us a more complete team. What do you think?

mttwlsn16
04-22-2011, 10:36 AM
grizz forum

kntresistheheat
04-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Jr smith would fit in nice!

BIG worm
04-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Kapono and shannon brown arent taking anybody to the "next level"

hugepatsfan
04-22-2011, 11:12 AM
I like their starting PG in Conley. TA has proven himself worthy as a starting SG. Gay is a great option at SF. Randolph is a stud PF. Gasol is a good C (need to resing him). I like their starting 5. I think they have a good PG, a defensive stopper, a great scoring wing, a great inside scorer and a good C. I wouldn't change that.

I think they need to get Mayo on track. He could be a stud 6th man IMO as a combo guard behind Conley and TA. Xavier Henery is a guy I like too. I'd like to see them develop him as a backup wing. They need more size inside off the bench though.

latinofire21
04-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Any Cap Gurus out there?

I thought they were at the salary cap limit and they had to make a decision between keeping Randolph or Gasol. They just paid Zach big money to stay. Do they even have enough to resign Gasol, Mayo, and then add another pg and shooter?

assisi805
04-22-2011, 12:46 PM
JJ Barea would be nice he was playing out of his mind last night

tdunk21
04-22-2011, 01:08 PM
grizz forum

this

The Jokemaker
04-22-2011, 02:19 PM
I'd continue developing Grevious behind Conley for the backup PG. Spent a first rounder on him, mgiht as well make him beneficial to the team.

The team definitley needs a shooter though. Two guys I like on that list are Dunleavy and Mason.

jzero
04-22-2011, 05:17 PM
I'd continue developing Grevious behind Conley for the backup PG. Spent a first rounder on him, mgiht as well make him beneficial to the team.

The team definitley needs a shooter though. Two guys I like on that list are Dunleavy and Mason.

mm i agree
Grevious is probably the toughest point guard out there but i reckon he should be starter
http://www.sinopenn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/general_grievous.jpg

mzgrizz
04-22-2011, 07:08 PM
this

Not this.........
The Grizzlies emergence this year is worthy of the whole forum

Sixerlover
04-22-2011, 07:47 PM
They need to make retaining Gasol priority #1. After that maybe a PG change, but every other position is solid for a deep run. Just chemistry at this point.

mzgrizz
04-22-2011, 10:01 PM
They need to make retaining Gasol priority #1. After that maybe a PG change, but every other position is solid for a deep run. Just chemistry at this point.

It is a priority, trust me. ZBo made sure the FO was going to re-sign Marc as he was signing.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/apr/19/perfect-fit/

sargon21
04-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Not this.........
The Grizzlies emergence this year is worthy of the whole forum

Not to mention, no one even goes to the Grizzlies forum, so no one would see it.

Hellcrooner
04-23-2011, 01:05 AM
It is a priority, trust me. ZBo made sure the FO was going to re-sign Marc as he was signing.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/apr/19/perfect-fit/

http://www.marca.com/2011/04/22/baloncesto/nba/1303467330.html

Marc Gasol will consider rejoining Barcelona.

Translation.

Im a Fa

Im restricted.

Other teams KNOW what im worht ( implying memphis doesnt)

If i want to leave for other nba team you either allow me to leave via sign andd trade adn get somethng or i go back to europe.

So dont be so self assured.

He is not going to be carrying Zachs bags forever.

mttwlsn16
04-23-2011, 01:37 AM
Not to mention, no one even goes to the Grizzlies forum, so no one would see it.

i did the other day

John Walls Era
04-23-2011, 01:42 AM
grizz forum

Don't be mean. He would be basically talking to himself :D

sargon21
04-23-2011, 01:56 AM
i did the other day

Awesome, how was desolation?

mttwlsn16
04-23-2011, 02:21 AM
Awesome, how was desolation?

ha it was almost as dead as the clippers forum :( which is kinda sad since theyre a young upcomming and a playoff team. im pulling for them

wasnt trying to bash the grizz at all

mzgrizz
04-23-2011, 11:48 AM

Then let me take this opportunity to welcome you to visit anytime you'd like!!!
I know it's hard to surf other forums when yours has become one of the top 3 forums but it hasn't been so long since the Bulls were struggling to get recognition as the Grizzlies are now. Thanks to U of M (and a very lucky lottery) for providing you with your key to success.

mzgrizz
04-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Don't be mean. He would be basically talking to himself :D

Dang Walls, in another post I thought you were starting to grudgingly give the Grizzlies some respect!
So feel free to post your comments in our forum! It's obvious we could use some traffic!!!!!

sargon21
04-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Nah man, that's why you gotta post the stuff in here, because it is thread worthy and no one would see it in the other one. Also, another topic on the grizzlies could be how do they make the next step?

Tdotraptors
04-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Kapono and shannon brown arent taking anybody to the "next level"

this haha

mzgrizz
04-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Nah man, that's why you gotta post the stuff in here, because it is thread worthy and no one would see it in the other one. Also, another topic on the grizzlies could be how do they make the next step?

I see, I see, BUT as the relatively new TM in the Grizzlies forum, I'd like to see a little more traffic in there . It will be VERY hard to be at the game tonight and post,too, but I will do my best.