PDA

View Full Version : J.R. Smith: Strong possibility he won't resign in Denver

LTBaByyy
04-21-2011, 06:04 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17901418

Why does he talk about this while they are in the playoffs?

I guess Chicago be ready for him

Hawkeye15
04-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Noah's deal kicks in next year. Unless J.R. will take a portion of the mid level (assuming they still have that with the new CBA), the Bulls won't have the money.

I would love my Wolves to throw a deal at him. Guaranteed minutes, and with JR only being 25, he can still afford to get with a rebuilding club

llemon
04-21-2011, 06:13 PM

Because he is JR Smith, millionaire moron.

Bulls actually already had JR for about 15 minutes.

Statements like the one he just made are why teams will be somewhat reluctant to sign him for serious money.

And Denver should now have enough capspace to look for a replacement, if Afflalo isn't that already.

llemon
04-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Noah's deal kicks in next year. Unless J.R. will take a portion of the mid level (assuming they still have that with the new CBA), the Bulls won't have the money.

I would love my Wolves to throw a deal at him. Guaranteed minutes, and with JR only being 25, he can still afford to get with a rebuilding club

Beasley and JR and Kahn. Oh My.

Lakers + Giants
04-21-2011, 06:15 PM
I'd love him on the lakers bench along with LO, Barnes and Blake. Shannon Brown is alway just ****in chucking shots at least JR gets hot and drains 3s unlike shannon. DO IT MITCH!

SteBO
04-21-2011, 06:18 PM
He'd be sick off my teams' bench. :D We do need bigs, but he'd be a nice fit in Miami.

Jonathan2323
04-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Chicago only will be able to use the MLE they are over the cap.

Maybe that will be enough.

gotoHcarolina52
04-21-2011, 06:19 PM
JR coming to Miami for the vet minimum. Then we get Nene to opt out and sign for the MLE.

Purple&Gold24
04-21-2011, 06:20 PM
I'd love him on the lakers bench along with LO, Barnes and Blake. Shannon Brown is alway just ****in chucking shots at least JR gets hot and drains 3s unlike shannon. DO IT MITCH!

I dont know about that :shrug:
I think he'd do better on a wolves
team or even pacers.

Mudvayne91
04-21-2011, 06:21 PM
JR coming to Miami for the vet minimum. Then we get Nene to opt out and sign for the MLE.

Great input.

Not a surprise though. We have an excess at the guard position as it is and JR/Karl have these conflicts. I think it's pretty stupid to mention this now, but I will wish him the best in the future.

papipapsmanny
04-21-2011, 06:23 PM
I would like him on the Wizards to go with wall and have crawford coming off the bench, and hope the wz get lucky and land derrick williams in the draft

Wall
Smith
Williams
Blatche
Mcgee

I could live with that as a Wiz fan, hell that would be a sick team compared to what I have been watching for the last 2 years

Sixerlover
04-21-2011, 06:24 PM
JR to Indiana for a blank check.

sep11ie
04-21-2011, 06:25 PM

Why do y'all think you can get everyone?

Hawkeye15
04-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Beasley and JR and Kahn. Oh My.

I am hoping Beasley is gone, and we draft Derrick Williams...

Jonathan2323
04-21-2011, 06:26 PM

I think he was kidding.

llemon
04-21-2011, 06:28 PM

WOW. I appreciate your imagination. JR for Vets' Min and Nene for MLE (if there is one, and for what amount it will be).

You are a big reader of comic books, aren't you?

Hawkeye15
He'd be sick off my teams' bench. :D We do need bigs, but he'd be a nice fit in Miami.

he has been complaining about minutes for 4 years. Do you really think he would sign with a team where he was yet again 3rd on the depth chart on the perimeter?

I would guess he goes somewhere that promises him the chance at 30+ mpg. Which is why I brought up Minny. I hope to god we move Beasley and Flynn, draft Williams, and Johnson can move to the 6th man role.

championships
I say let his little cocky *** go to a bad team and let him get humble watching the playoffs from home far a couple of years.

llemon
04-21-2011, 06:31 PM
I am hoping Beasley is gone, and we draft Derrick Williams...

Well, we certainly all have our hopes.

As a Nets fan, I'm hoping Dwight demands a trade to New Jersey (of course, in the same secretive manner that 'Melo demanded a trade to the Knicks).

Mudvayne91
04-21-2011, 06:31 PM
He's come off the bench forever, so I do think he'll want to go to a team that he'll be starting and getting a lot of touches. I believe it's unlikely he goes to a team as a bench guy to LA or MIA.

nycsports2
04-21-2011, 06:32 PM

perfect so him tyson chandler and kenyon martin can meet melo,stat, and c billups in NYC and get me the ring i deserve!!!

gotoHcarolina52
04-21-2011, 06:32 PM
I think he was kidding.

At least someone in this thread can sense sarcasm/hyperbole. :clap:

llemon
04-21-2011, 06:33 PM
I say let his little cocky *** go to a bad team and let him get humble watching the playoffs from home far a couple of years.

Not really sure JR's main concern is winning.

CarniifeX
04-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Anyone seeing New Jersey as a possible fit?

210Don
04-21-2011, 06:37 PM
come to sa!!! RJ needs to be out this offseason

haggis
04-21-2011, 06:37 PM
I'll pass.

sep11ie
04-21-2011, 06:39 PM
he has been complaining about minutes for 4 years. Do you really think he would sign with a team where he was yet again 3rd on the depth chart on the perimeter?

I would guess he goes somewhere that promises him the chance at 30+ mpg. Which is why I brought up Minny. I hope to god we move Beasley and Flynn, draft Williams, and Johnson can move to the 6th man role.

Send Beas over toHouston for Budinger and Twill.

CHANGO
04-21-2011, 06:40 PM

Don't forget Tyson Chandler... :speechless:

Bibby
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Chandler

Chalmers
Smith
Jones
Haslem
Nene

:speechless:

llemon
04-21-2011, 06:43 PM
This thread has gotten much too ridiculous.

JR to China to play alongside Marbury.

Mudvayne91
04-21-2011, 06:47 PM
perfect so him tyson chandler and kenyon martin can meet melo,stat, and c billups in NYC and get me the ring i deserve!!!

This is just my personal opinion, but during Melo and Kenyon's playing time together, it didn't seem like they were the best of friends. I know they had some spats in the past. I'd be pretty surprised if Kenyon went to NY if he doesn't end up staying here.

mttwlsn16
04-21-2011, 06:48 PM
eric gordon
jr smith
blake griffin

Crackadalic
04-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Indy has around 34 mil in committed salaries this summer. So around 20 mil to spend. I might be wrong. i can see JR signing there

goose15
04-21-2011, 06:53 PM
cool, just dont go to Chicago.

Jewelz0376
04-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Jr strikes me as a guy who will most likely go to the highest bidder...and not to mention the highest bidder will most likely be a team that wants him to start... If I were JR I wouldn't go to any team unless I'm starting.... He has the potential to be a 20ppg scorer if he got scorers mins with his ability to create his own shot...

He would be str8 nasty on Chi I'd have to admit...

If I had it my way he'd sign with LA for the mle...and have him start at pg...ala Ron Harper

Chill_Will_24
04-21-2011, 06:55 PM
I have a feeling JR Smith will be going back to his hometown Newark. Nets need the help at the wing specifically scoring and atheleticism which he will provide. Minutes would not be a problem

KnicksR4Real
04-21-2011, 06:56 PM
He shoots too much...

Chill_Will_24
04-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Jr strikes me as a guy who will most likely go to the highest bidder...and not to mention the highest bidder will most likely be a team that wants him to start... If I were JR I wouldn't go to any team unless I'm starting.... He has the potential to be a 20ppg scorer if he got scorers mins with his ability to create his own shot...

:D Nets

Crackadalic
04-21-2011, 06:57 PM
I have a feeling JR Smith will be going back to his hometown Newark. Nets need the help at the wing specifically scoring and atheleticism which he will provide. Minutes would not be a problem

I can actually see him going there. Him and D-will will be a really good backcourt

BallIsAll
04-21-2011, 06:59 PM
I like aflallo better at this time anyway and he is a more consistent shooter. I love JR but if he wants to go he can just sign elsewhere. Maybe we can resign chandler and have him get JRs minutes at the 2.

KnicksR4Real
04-21-2011, 06:59 PM

All Nets fans think people are gonna play for them, however I will say Knicks fans do too.

Stunner
04-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Pacers
Bulls
Knicks

i think he might wind up at

bahama0811
04-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Bye JR...

Chill_Will_24
04-21-2011, 07:06 PM
All Nets fans think people are gonna play for them, however I will say Knicks fans do too.

Thats true. Realistically i only think JR will sign with us cuz the Nets will pay him the money he wants and give him starters minutes. Plus hes from Newark. Ignore my sig. Thats just me wishing. Dwight will be a Laker. Thats my prediction on Dwight

Chill_Will_24
04-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Pacers
Bulls
Knicks

i think he might wind up at

Nice avatar... homeless power ranger :laugh:

JRisdabest
04-21-2011, 07:09 PM
hes gona be a clipper next yr . quote me

airronijordan
04-21-2011, 07:15 PM
In this past season - Melo, Nene (but recently said he wants to stay in Denver), Felton, Kmart, JR Smith have all expressed their frustration with the Nuggets organization (FO/Coach)

The organization needs to get their act together....It's gonna be hard for them to convince free agents to come

Mudvayne91
04-21-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm not sure if there's enough touches/minutes per game for JR as a Clipper. At least the way their roster is constructed right now.

ne3xchamps
04-21-2011, 07:20 PM

:laugh: that's good stuff!

Baller1
04-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Don't go to Chicago please.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-21-2011, 07:35 PM
I would cry tears of joy if JR Smith was in a Knick uniform next season!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Also Kenyon Martin! :D

llemon
04-21-2011, 07:39 PM
In this past season - Melo, Nene (but recently said he wants to stay in Denver), Felton, Kmart, JR Smith have all expressed their frustration with the Nuggets organization (FO/Coach)

The organization needs to get their act together....It's gonna be hard for them to convince free agents to come

Melo, KMart and JR being frustrated by an organization that is trying to win isn't surprising, as they are certainly in the top 10 most selfish players in the league.

Felton is unhappy because Lawson is starting over him, and Ty is possibly the better PG.

I imagine Nene is happy that 'Melo and his attitude is gone, and he'll be happy if JR and Kenyon are gone also.

But that is just my opinion.

IBleedPurple
04-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Melo, KMart and JR being frustrated by an organization that is trying to win isn't surprising, as they are certainly in the top 10 most selfish players in the league.

Felton is unhappy because Lawson is starting over him, and Ty is possibly the better PG.

I imagine Nene is happy that 'Melo and his attitude is gone, and he'll be happy if JR and Kenyon are gone also.

All great points, and I agree

Hawkeye15
04-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Well, we certainly all have our hopes.

As a Nets fan, I'm hoping Dwight demands a trade to New Jersey (of course, in the same secretive manner that 'Melo demanded a trade to the Knicks).

I try and keep my hopes on a smaller, more realistic level

airronijordan
04-21-2011, 08:05 PM

Well Melo started being unhappy because the Nuggets started being cheap and wanted financial savings (first sign was when they traded Camby)

Nene was upset because the Nuggets didn't bother talking about a contract extension with him (while they were dealing with the Melodrama)

All I know, is that in order for you to attract free agents - your current players have to be happy........If free agents see that the team's current players aren't happy then they probably wont consider signing with the team unless the Nuggets throw more money

Hawkeye15
04-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Send Beas over toHouston for Budinger and Twill.

I would do that in a heartbeat.

Silent
04-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Chicago only will be able to use the MLE they are over the cap.

Maybe that will be enough.

actually we have 3 mill over

effen5
04-21-2011, 08:12 PM

You know who this reminds me of....Ben Gordon...wanted to get paid and now hes in Detroit

:laugh:

Funny...they are almost identical players too.

Sports Illustrator
04-21-2011, 08:13 PM
I say that J.R. Smith will go to the team that offers him the most money with the most minutes, whether it be starting or off the bench. It is tough to say which team it will be as it is too early to tell. However, I can confidently say he probably will not return to the Nuggets.

mdm692
04-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Phoenix suns via s&t

llemon
04-21-2011, 08:49 PM
I try and keep my hopes on a smaller, more realistic level

Good luck with that.

Neither of our hopes will have any effect on anything.

mttwlsn16
04-21-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm not sure if there's enough touches/minutes per game for JR as a Clipper. At least the way their roster is constructed right now.

they need a SF badddly
and something resembling a bench

BRAVE KID
04-21-2011, 09:08 PM
J.R is pretty overrated. There is no doubt that when he gets hot..he's dangerous as anybody out there..but nobody pays attention to how he plays when he isn't.

Doesn't play defense, will take poor shots, will complain on just about anything and that makes his bad defense even worse, and he lacks mental strength.

He and Karl have always been scuffling and he hasn't changed..maybe he just needs to go.

I'd be lying if I said I wish him good luck. More like good riddance.

still1ballin
04-21-2011, 09:32 PM
He would fit well with the Lakers. Lakers lack an outside shooter.

John Walls Era
04-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Denver doesnt need him. JR Smith is gOod when hes hot, but otherwise hes just avg

MJ-BULLS
04-21-2011, 10:14 PM
I would take a chance on him, He would fit very well with our team.
A athletic SG that can be explosive at times offensively and with his athleticism.

Problem is, would he take less money to come here? i think so, thats if he cares about winning. If im not mistaken, didn't his brother and some of his family members hoped he would be traded to Chicago this past deadline.

JerseysFinest
04-21-2011, 10:39 PM
He'll be a Net.
-Incentive is there to play with one of the best point guards in the league
-He's returning home (from Freehold, a town close to where the Nets currently play)
and where he played in high school.
-Owner with billionaire swag who forgets where his yacht it

Mudvayne91
04-21-2011, 11:06 PM
they need a SF badddly
and something resembling a bench

I don't doubt that the Clippers would want him, but I don't know if him playing SF there would work out long term. He's played SF at certain times, but it's not his best position.

That and I don't think he wants to necessarily play SF. This is just an assumption, but I think he wants to go to a team and be able to play a Monte Ellis type of role for a team. And If he was content with playing off the bench, I don't think there would be the issues there are with him and Karl right now.

knicks=love
04-21-2011, 11:11 PM

billups/douglas
smith/fields/melo
melo/shawne williams/walker
amare/martin
chandler/turiaf

even throw in our first rounder.. one of the morris twins?

:drool:

BkOriginalOne
04-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Bulls
Wolves
Clippers
Knicks
Nets

goose15
04-21-2011, 11:30 PM
J.R. will go to NJ/Brooklyn

iggypop123
04-21-2011, 11:32 PM
jr is perfect for ny or the lakers. with all that said i dont know why he would pull a roy right now.

IBleedPurple
04-21-2011, 11:49 PM
billups/douglas
smith/fields/melo
melo/shawne williams/walker
amare/martin
chandler/turiaf

even throw in our first rounder.. one of the morris twins?

:drool:

That still isn't a championship roster, and there is a salary cap in the NBA. Chauncey's contract for next year is kinda steep.

MrfadeawayJB
04-21-2011, 11:56 PM

I think JR is one of the most gifted scorers in the game....if he can ever get his head straight, he could easily be an allstar....he has a bright future cause he is only 25

knicks=love
04-22-2011, 12:06 AM
That still isn't a championship roster, and there is a salary cap in the NBA. Chauncey's contract for next year is kinda steep.

not a championship roster? i didn't say it was? our biggest problem is a big man, and a lack of a bench. we'd be tied 1-1 or possibly, POSSIBLY (chill out people, i said possibly) up 2-0 to boston right now. smith is the sg we could use and chandler is a big man we pretty much need. yeah billups is steep, but this is just a dream, chill big guy.

iggypop123
04-22-2011, 12:09 AM
i just remembered the knicks probably wont have room for jr. cause they will target either deandre jordan, marc gasol or samuel dalembert

mttwlsn16
04-22-2011, 12:11 AM
I don't doubt that the Clippers would want him, but I don't know if him playing SF there would work out long term. He's played SF at certain times, but it's not his best position.

That and I don't think he wants to necessarily play SF. This is just an assumption, but I think he wants to go to a team and be able to play a Monte Ellis type of role for a team. And If he was content with playing off the bench, I don't think there would be the issues there are with him and Karl right now.

i can see that. i still personally hold out hope that the Wolves 2012 1st rounder lands us Harrison Barnes to play the 3 :drool:

mttwlsn16
04-22-2011, 12:12 AM
i just remembered the knicks probably wont have room for jr. cause they will target either deandre jordan, marc gasol or samuel dalembert

DJ is a RFA, and unless he gets some ridic offer, theyll likely match, and look to move kaman in a deal. idk what gasol/dalembert situation is tho

Chi StateOfMind
04-22-2011, 12:22 AM
I'm not one to get into salaries but real talk what are SERIOUS destinations not just homer picks??????

airronijordan
04-22-2011, 12:41 AM
I'm not one to get into salaries but real talk what are SERIOUS destinations not just homer picks??????

I think the pacers would be considered a serious destination, since they have a lot of cap space

He'll end up going to the team that gives him the most money

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-22-2011, 11:23 AM

Melo going to NY proves he's not selfish, by teamin up with Amar'e & willing to share the spotlight. Kenyon being unhappy with a winning team? Come on man... He was pretty happy when Denver was in the WCF when Melo and Chauncey were there. JR Never said anything about wanting out before. And it's not the first time JR has been bashed publicly by GK and JR's problley sick of it, and rightfully so. JR is in all honesty problley you're best player. Except for maybe Nene & Gallinari. For him to be playing less then 10 minutes in a playoff game blows my mind. If Kenyon and JR leave there goes all your swag, toughness and agressiveness.
These Nugget's fans act like Melo was the devil for the last 7 years but when he was there, they werent saying anything! Now I even hear that Nene is getting frustrated with what's going on.... Is Nene selfish now?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-22-2011, 11:26 AM
He'll be a Net.
-Incentive is there to play with one of the best point guards in the league
-He's returning home (from Freehold, a town close to where the Nets currently play)
and where he played in high school.
-Owner with billionaire swag who forgets where his yacht it

I was thinkin the exact same thing last night :(

JerseysFinest
04-22-2011, 11:32 AM

Nets.

He's not going to New York, they won't have enough salary cap space assuming the cap is similar to what it is now and he doesn't want to play a bench role

He's not going to Miami to play a bench role and sign for significantly less

He's not going to Chicago because the Bulls can't offer him a lot because they do not have significant cap room.

He's not going to the Lakers to play the bench and take less money.

And I'd wager Indiana isn't very much interested in him, I don't think his character exemplifies what Bird wants of his players: high character, respectable men.

Il Mago 7
04-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Raptors..

latinofire21
04-22-2011, 11:42 AM
This is just my personal opinion, but during Melo and Kenyon's playing time together, it didn't seem like they were the best of friends. I know they had some spats in the past. I'd be pretty surprised if Kenyon went to NY if he doesn't end up staying here.

I would be surprised if he stays in Denver. Too many players and not enough minutes to keep everyone happy. I see JR, Wilson, Nene, and Martin all leaving at the end of this season with trade requests from Gallo and Felton.

Felton isnt the starter like they said he would be.

Jr Smith and Karl never got along and has lost a lot of his minutes since the trade. I could see him landing on a playoff team and starting for the right couach. New Orleans San Antonio Houston or OKC.

Kenyon isnt going to want to be apart of a rebuilding team. I could see him signing for veteran minimum to chase a ring. Celtics, Bulls, Lakers, Mavericks, Knicks.

Nene has a lot of suiters, and i truly doubt he stays in denver with their current future ahead. Hes going to want to be on a more stable situation with championship aspirations. I can seriously see him landing in San Antonio or Boston.

Wilson Chandler is looking for big bucks this off season and doesnt mind being apart of a rebuilding team. I wouldnt be surprised seeing him on the Nets T wolves or Bobcats next season.

Tarheels23
04-22-2011, 12:12 PM
I think he goes to the highest bidder

Baller1
04-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Yeah I see JR chasing the money.

ChitownSports16
04-22-2011, 12:27 PM
JR will be chasing money.

Gibby23
04-22-2011, 12:27 PM

So you want to move Beasely and sign a smaller version of him?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Nets.

He's not going to New York, they won't have enough salary cap space assuming the cap is similar to what it is now and he doesn't want to play a bench role

He's not going to Miami to play a bench role and sign for significantly less

He's not going to Chicago because the Bulls can't offer him a lot because they do not have significant cap room.

He's not going to the Lakers to play the bench and take less money.
And I'd wager Indiana isn't very much interested in him, I don't think his character exemplifies what Bird wants of his players: high character, respectable men.

IDK where you getting the he "doesn't wanna bench role" because JR Smith has never had a problem with coming off the bench, only asking for consistant minutes.

JerseysFinest
04-22-2011, 12:37 PM
IDK where you getting the he "doesn't wanna bench role" because JR Smith has never had a problem with coming off the bench, only asking for consistant minutes.

Let's say a handful of teams offer you a cheap contract to play the bench. Then your hometown team offers you a starting spot. Which do you choose?

tcav701
04-22-2011, 12:42 PM
I think the nets will offer him the most money.

I wouldnt count out the Pacers, Suns or Magic though.

nycericanguy
04-22-2011, 12:46 PM
I would be surprised if he stays in Denver. Too many players and not enough minutes to keep everyone happy. I see JR, Wilson, Nene, and Martin all leaving at the end of this season with trade requests from Gallo and Felton.

Felton isnt the starter like they said he would be.

Jr Smith and Karl never got along and has lost a lot of his minutes since the trade. I could see him landing on a playoff team and starting for the right couach. New Orleans San Antonio Houston or OKC.

Kenyon isnt going to want to be apart of a rebuilding team. I could see him signing for veteran minimum to chase a ring. Celtics, Bulls, Lakers, Mavericks, Knicks.

Nene has a lot of suiters, and i truly doubt he stays in denver with their current future ahead. Hes going to want to be on a more stable situation with championship aspirations. I can seriously see him landing in San Antonio or Boston.

Wilson Chandler is looking for big bucks this off season and doesnt mind being apart of a rebuilding team. I wouldnt be surprised seeing him on the Nets T wolves or Bobcats next season.

I'd be surprised if he got it, he has played horrible as of late and will have a 3rd surgery on his left ankle this offseason. thats a HUGE red flag for a guy thats only 23. It will be interesting to see what DEN does with him.

celtics_4life
04-22-2011, 12:47 PM
JR is going to da celtics! ray allen is at da end of his career and he would b perfect to go along with rondo and pierce! come on ainge!!!!!!!

Muttman73
04-22-2011, 12:51 PM

Because everyone wants a part of those 7 championships

tcav701
04-22-2011, 12:54 PM
JR is going to da celtics! ray allen is at da end of his career and he would b perfect to go along with rondo and pierce! come on ainge!!!!!!!

JR Smith is the exact opposite of what the Celtics want.

daboywonder2002
04-22-2011, 02:29 PM
call me crazy but if jr wants to improve his image and have a successful career. boston is the place for him. Ray allen's time is almost up. The celts need a backup 2 in the worst way. delonte health is questionable. what better team to learn from than the celts? what better mentor to have than ray allen? If Jr can accept hard coaching and just listen. He can be a part of the celts new future. Rondo, jeff green, jr smith. (not bad, not bad at all)

gotoHcarolina52
04-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Because everyone wants a part of those 7 championships

Now you've gon rabid. Heat will only win the next 6.

meloman1592
04-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Jr to the knicks!! Fields sucks

rapjuicer06
04-22-2011, 02:51 PM
if orlando had the money to get him he'd be perfect. jason richardson has sucked total ***, and jr would be the perfect replacement for him. i personally don't like the guy, but he's as talented as they come

daboywonder2002
04-22-2011, 02:59 PM
JR Smith is the exact opposite of what the Celtics want.

but he's exactly what they need. athleticism. 3 point range. not injury prone. has a defined position(not a tweener). being on a young team is not what jr needs. being on a vet squad like the celts will do wonders for his career. If he actually listens to a guy like ray allen(training regimine, work ethic) oh my god the sky is the limit. Also think about it, rondo and perk were both raw but doc and ainge stuck with them and it paid off. jr should not go to a young team or go back home. both would be disastrous for his career.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Let's say a handful of teams offer you a cheap contract to play the bench. Then your hometown team offers you a starting spot. Which do you choose?

depends on where the money's @ if NJ offers him more money & a starting spot then the choice is clear.

Fnom11
04-22-2011, 04:30 PM
JR can go anywhere he wants for anything up to a MLE so it will be interesting to see his choice.

I always thought he was wasting his talents in Denver.

TheRunKiller
04-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Rose
Smith
Deng
Boozer
Noah :drool:

apope26
04-22-2011, 04:40 PM
JR Smith to the Hornets... CP needs offensive help. load the west... and knock off the Lakers. Too many stars are coming to the EAst! by any means, JR is not a star... but damn stay yo *** in the West= gracias

maddBat
04-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Jr to the knicks!! Fields sucks

i thought he was roy? :rolleyes:

Mudvayne91
04-22-2011, 04:51 PM
JR can go anywhere he wants for anything up to a MLE so it will be interesting to see his choice.

I always thought he was wasting his talents in Denver.

How so? He's been one of the more efficient players coming off the bench for most of his career with Denver. I admit the trade has hurt his playing time, but it's not like he'd be starting everywhere else except Denver.

jzero
04-22-2011, 05:08 PM
I would like him on the Wizards to go with wall and have crawford coming off the bench, and hope the wz get lucky and land derrick williams in the draft

Wall
Smith
Williams
Blatche
Mcgee

I could live with that as a Wiz fan, hell that would be a sick team compared to what I have been watching for the last 2 years

yuck washington :p

jzero
04-22-2011, 05:09 PM
call me crazy but if jr wants to improve his image and have a successful career. boston is the place for him. Ray allen's time is almost up. The celts need a backup 2 in the worst way. delonte health is questionable. what better team to learn from than the celts? what better mentor to have than ray allen? If Jr can accept hard coaching and just listen. He can be a part of the celts new future. Rondo, jeff green, jr smith. (not bad, not bad at all)

there is no future for the celtics when CBA comes in, unless smith settles for the minimum
doubt that happens

latinofire21
04-22-2011, 05:17 PM
The Knicks definitely won that trade. That team is going to be blown up in the offseason. Good luck retaining any of those players. Jr wants out, Kenyon wants a huge payday or else hes out, Nene is going to be getting offers everywhere so i doubt he stays in a rebuilding situation with Denver, Chandlers out, Felton is out, Gallinari i doubt is going to stay. Who is going to be the group to build around? Lawson Affalo and Harrington?

Denver is done.

KB24PG16
04-22-2011, 05:23 PM
LO, Jr, barnes, and blake off the bench :drool:

MelkyNYY
04-22-2011, 05:47 PM
JR Smith wants to come back to the east coast. Specifically, Jersey where he grew up. New York, the Nets, the 76ers...trust me. If he leaves he's coming home.

daboywonder2002
04-22-2011, 06:41 PM
there is no future for the celtics when CBA comes in, unless smith settles for the minimum
doubt that happens

im looking at hoopshype now. Kristic gone. shaq- gone. jermaine- maybe?? von wafer- gone. murphy- gone. carlos arroyo- maybe? more than enough money to sign bbd, green and smith.

llemon
04-22-2011, 06:49 PM
im looking at hoopshype now. Kristic gone. shaq- gone. jermaine- maybe?? von wafer- gone. murphy- gone. carlos arroyo- maybe? more than enough money to sign bbd, green and smith.

Celts '11-'12 payroll at $73.5 mil.

IversonIsKrazy
04-23-2011, 12:42 AM
Chicago, Miami, Orlando, New York, New Orleans, are all good fits. But u never know, teams like Minny can throw a lot of $$$$ at his face and some1 like him would go running. He will be an unpredictable free agent this off-season, though I hope Bulls pick him up!