PDA

View Full Version : New Trouble For All Opponents Of LA

JasonJohnHorn
04-21-2011, 06:09 AM
Kobe barely broke double-digits, and Gasol failed to even do that. LA's two best players combined for 5-20 shooting last night. and Fisher's 2-9 from the field didnt help matters. The result? They still won!

With Odom, Bynum and Artest stepping up, and Barnes hustle and smart shot selection, the Lakers still pushed forward to win.

My thought: If the two best players in LA play as badly as they did last night and the team still pulls out a win, how is anybody supposed to compete with these guys when Gasol and Bryant are actually playing at their consistent, all-star level.

I though after the game one loss that these playoffs would be a little more interesting than I first expected, but after seeing the was LA pulled out a win with these two shooting 25% from the field, I just dont see how any team in the league can honestly compete with this team.

Thoughts?

Evolution23
04-21-2011, 06:19 AM
no way the lakers can do that to the thunder or a healthy spurs team.

Cano4prez
04-21-2011, 06:25 AM
It was the Hornets

Trueblue2
04-21-2011, 06:31 AM
It was the hornets minus David west. I'm a laker fan but get real. If pau and Kobe don't step it up we won't make it past Dallas. The hornets arent a bad team, but they are young, inexperienced, and not nearly as good as any other opponent we will be facing in the playoffs.

YoungOne
04-21-2011, 07:39 AM
celtics got outrebounded by 16 and still won... so?

Bulls_fan90
04-21-2011, 08:06 AM
If anything i think it's a good sign for their opponents.

kArSoN RyDaH
04-21-2011, 08:09 AM
The thing about it is both of them will never be that off again at the same time. Celtics and Lakers finals 2011. LEGOOOOO!

mttwlsn16
04-21-2011, 08:21 AM

this, but i add the Grizz to this list as well

jzero
04-21-2011, 08:22 AM
The thing about it is both of them will never be that off again at the same time. Celtics and Lakers finals 2011. LEGOOOOO!

scared to face a heat team in the finals? :p

marlinsfan24
04-21-2011, 08:33 AM

This. How do you know that wasn't the Hornets game plan? Take away Kobe and Gasol and let Bynum beat them,

PhillyFaninLA
04-21-2011, 08:33 AM
The fact is in a 7 game series a team with 1 player can't beat the Lakers no matter how good that 1 player (just CP3 and nothing that far above average IMO) is.

The Lakers need to gel better and play like champions to compete with OKC, Spurs, and Dallas.

In the East the Celtics and Heat would win pretty handily with the way the Lakers are playing right now and the Magic (Dwight and 2 or 3 pretty good+ players) would make it a series.

J4KOP99
04-21-2011, 11:37 AM
This. How do you know that wasn't the Hornets game plan? Take away Kobe and Gasol and let Bynum beat them,

Did you watch the game?

Kobe only shot 10 shots... This one was on Kobe being for being a facilitator. New orleans didn't "shut him down" or anything... he just played a different game and got his teammates more involved.

You honestly think New orleans has the personnel to "take away Kobe and Gasol"...?

The Lakers won because of their defense... Kobe didn't need to score. Gasol looked pretty bad out there but that, I believe, was due to the New Orleans gameplan. They doubled Pau almost every single time and clearly focused on him because he had lit them up during the regular season.

JordansBulls
04-21-2011, 11:41 AM
It was the Hornets

Who also are missing their 2nd best player and who are undersized as hell.

sep11ie
04-21-2011, 11:53 AM
This just in, being physical with Gasol throws his game off.

flclfanman
04-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Everyone outside of Cp3 and Ariza played like **** ON THE HORNETS and you barely win

If anything this is great news for everyone else. You won't beat OKC/DEN/DAL/POR playing like that.

DoubleDragon
04-21-2011, 12:00 PM

Yeah the Lakers are finished:rolleyes:

heard that for the past few years. Oh...are they going for a 3-peat?
Lucky I guess. (didn't they beat the "healthy Spurs team" by 30 right after the Spurs dismantled alot of teams including the Heat at their hottest part of the season?)

Lakers are done for sure

stawka
04-21-2011, 12:02 PM
This just in, being physical with Gasol throws his game off.

Is that coming from a reliable source or one of those bs tweets?

flclfanman
04-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Is that coming from a reliable source or one of those bs tweets?

Yeah, watching the game. Put an Enforcer out there (ala Kurt Thomas or Jamal Magloire) and you can bully Gasol around quite easily.

Tarheels23
04-21-2011, 12:08 PM
I did like how they threw Kobe on CP3...

hgtiger32
04-21-2011, 12:19 PM
i predicted OKC over the Lakers to get to the Finals. so far after watching both teams play twice im even more convinced. perkins always gives gasol and bynum problems and the way Pau & Bynum are playing Perkins & Ibaka are going to eat them alive

stawka
04-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Yeah, watching the game. Put an Enforcer out there (ala Kurt Thomas or Jamal Magloire) and you can bully Gasol around quite easily.

you ruined his joke, and you killed it for me going along with it lol. Thanks bro :rolleyes:

danniboi168
04-21-2011, 12:27 PM
both teams played terrible, no trouble for opponents, just really dam boring.

td0tsfinest
04-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Yeah the Lakers are finished:rolleyes:

heard that for the past few years. Oh...are they going for a 3-peat?
Lucky I guess. (didn't they beat the "healthy Spurs team" by 30 right after the Spurs dismantled alot of teams including the Heat at their hottest part of the season?)

Lakers are done for sure

I think what the poster was referring to was the Lakers won't be able to win against the Thunder or Spurs if both Kobe and Pau play like they did yesterday, which is true. You can't expect to win a series, if your two best players are combining for only 19 points a night.

Lakers + Giants
04-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Kobe and gasol didn't have great games in last years Game 7 and they were still able to comeback from a 13 point deficit. Lakers won because of their defense, and when they play defense they are as tough to beat as any other team in the league.

Hawkize31
04-21-2011, 12:38 PM
The less Kobe shoots it, the better the Lakers are. This has been true for 3 years.

Avenged
04-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Who cares if it was the Hornets? The Lakers 2 top 10 players still struggled in a playoff game and won. That speaks about the depth and the improvement of Andrew Bynum. Yes, they won't be able to beat the top seeded teams this way, but they still did beat a playoff team with arguably the best PG in the game. If Andrew can keep this up, the Lakers will have 3 legitimate threats.

Rapsjaysleafs
04-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Lets home Mr. Glass Andrew Bynum can stay healthy for the playoffs.

I mean that in all honesty. In the playoffs I want the best people on the floor so no team can make any excuse when they lose.

kArSoN RyDaH
04-21-2011, 01:11 PM
scared to face a heat team in the finals? :p

Scared? :rolleyes:

I'm a Laker fan dawg, we ain't scared of anything homie.

kArSoN RyDaH
04-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Bynum carried us this game and so did LO/Artest. Our team is stepping up. Now we just need Pau to. Kobe played the distributor this game and locked down Pau for good parts of the game.

Chi StateOfMind
04-21-2011, 01:13 PM

this

kArSoN RyDaH
04-21-2011, 01:19 PM
this

Yeah you guys will be hoping our guys play like that? :rolleyes:

No team stands a chance against the Lakers in a 7 game series.

This team is going to 4peat.

Rapsjaysleafs
04-21-2011, 01:25 PM

You guys lost game 1. At home. TO THE HORNETS.
Maybe the worst team in the playoffs.

You guys are a great team but settle down a little bit

AIRMAR72
04-21-2011, 01:26 PM
wow cross rd opinons on PSD did you guys watch the game the refs MADE sure okafur stayed out da games THATS 2games LOADED WITH BOGUS CALLS against okafur new orlean beat themselves NOT da LAKERS missing FT and multiple T.O if you check kobe 15yr history with the lakers they won multiple game without kobe and when he take less shots there better team thats a fact da lakers need to keep feeding gasol and bynum but i see 6-7games if landry keeps attacking gasol and okafur is not in foul trouble lakers easily lose cause they not together as a TRUE team

smith&wesson
04-21-2011, 01:29 PM
They are the champs after all.

Chi StateOfMind
04-21-2011, 01:30 PM

I guess all the teams should pack it up then huh??Y bother playing the almighty lakers...i mean cmon bro u guys lost game 1 at home to the HORNETS!!!!

U guys have a great team but fans like u are the reason fanbases get hated on b/c of comments like urs...and to be in denial that if a team shuts down ur top 2 players u guys will win 7 games is biased and naive...

Hope to see u guys in the finals too...

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-21-2011, 01:36 PM
lol Bynum finally decides to show up in a Playoff game

kArSoN RyDaH
04-21-2011, 01:37 PM
hahaha one game at home to the hornets where EVERYTHING went perfect for them. 3 turnovers tied playoff record. they had one guy shoot 100% from the field and CP3 had a field day with fisher.

game 2?

Kobe locked down CP3 (cp3 only scored 4 points on Kobe)
Artest balled
Pau sucked
Kobe didnt score

and we won?

Every team should just pack it up.

This sheit is ours!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Everyone knows the Lakers are better when Kobe doesn't shoot alot... cuz they're not playin team ball. That's why I don't buy that "don't piss off Kobe" Why? let him score 60. You'll problley win

rabueed
04-21-2011, 01:41 PM
This is why a topic like this should be posted in the Lakers forum. Very few people in here have posted any objective comments (and by that, all of them have hints of annoyance, jealousy, ignorance, and stupidity) from both Laker fans and other fans alike.

Damn, I've never been around during playoff time on here. Way more civilized during the year. I think I'm gonna stick to that.

AIRMAR72
04-21-2011, 01:47 PM
hahaha one game at home to the hornets where EVERYTHING went perfect for them. 3 turnovers tied playoff record. they had one guy shoot 100% from the field and CP3 had a field day with fisher.

game 2?

Kobe locked down CP3 (cp3 only scored 4 points on Kobe)
Artest balled
Pau sucked
Kobe didnt score

and we won?

Every team should just pack it up.

This sheit is ours!

dude STOP LYING kobe did NOT SHUT chris out of the game chris was leaving kobe standing still rearrange his ankles at one point in game kobe had to take orders from THE coaching staff to start offense tru gasol or bynum plus kobe is almost FINISH that is why hes taking long range J there is nomore thrust in kobe to drive to basket at will he was save by artest again odam played well and bynum showed up but to be fair new orleans beat themselves

BrahCake954
04-21-2011, 01:55 PM
obvious homer is obvious

lakers will not make it past round 2

mikealike305
04-21-2011, 01:55 PM
lol at karson rydah. are u serious dude? i have a feeling u are just jokeing around. at this rate lakers would be lucky to make it to the WCF let alone win it all. kobes old and broken down man. he cant even stay infront of paul. i know it must be hard as a laker fan but the sooner u accept this the easier it'll be

BrahCake954
04-21-2011, 01:56 PM
and lol
@ the idiot who said kobe locked down CP..

plz go and learn the game of bball, kobe couldnt guard cp3 to save his life.. cp was getting double team all game long..

fool

and lol @ the statement "artest balled" LMAO artest aint ****.. ariza > artests life.. artest is a scrub tbo

championships
04-21-2011, 02:15 PM
wow cross rd opinons on PSD did you guys watch the game the refs MADE sure okafur stayed out da games THATS 2games LOADED WITH BOGUS CALLS against okafur new orlean beat themselves NOT da LAKERS missing FT and multiple T.O if you check kobe 15yr history with the lakers they won multiple game without kobe and when he take less shots there better team thats a fact da lakers need to keep feeding gasol and bynum but i see 6-7games if landry keeps attacking gasol and okafur is not in foul trouble lakers easily lose cause they not together as a TRUE team

Ekafor was in foul trouble because Bynum dominated him. Maybe you missed that part of the game.

gaughan333
04-21-2011, 02:16 PM

This is the longest run-on sentence I've seen.

JamaicanYouth
04-21-2011, 02:18 PM
i predicted OKC over the Lakers to get to the Finals. so far after watching both teams play twice im even more convinced. perkins always gives gasol and bynum problems and the way Pau & Bynum are playing Perkins & Ibaka are going to eat them alive

Bynum has been dominating and since when does bynum have trouble with perkins? lol pretty sure he is alot more physical than gasol and will give perkins problems.Pau on the other hand is sweet lol he is always trying to flop and looks at the ref everytime he makes a move and will probably get beat up down there with ibaka

championships
04-21-2011, 02:21 PM
I know you guys Hope and wish the Lakers reign is over. I guess you guys are tired of them winning so much. Understandable..lol But It's not over this year, Not yet guys. hahahaha

mikealike305
04-21-2011, 02:31 PM
I know you guys Hope and wish the Lakers reign is over. I guess you guys are tired of them winning so much. Understandable..lol But It's not over this year, Not yet guys. hahahaha

sad sad laker fans...... look the sooner u let go the better. when u realize that its over for kobe and the lakers the easier its going to be when they dont make it to the WCF. open your eyes now and save yourself some heartache.

lakeshow3peat
04-21-2011, 02:35 PM
As a lakers fan this i did expect this to happen tough playoffs for my lakers to get that 3 peat but everyone struggles right? In my opinion you got to struggle to succeed and two time defending champs they know how to win and will win this year . Might take them seven game series all the way or they will pick it up kobe doing work , Lamar keeping doing his thing , Bynum dominating , Fisher clutch , and yeah PAU Soft ***** playing physical . *********** no worries bring on whoever we have every way to beat opponents .

championships
04-21-2011, 02:36 PM
sad sad laker fans...... look the sooner u let go the better. when u realize that its over for kobe and the lakers the easier its going to be when they dont make it to the WCF. open your eyes now and save yourself some heartache.

Is that what you wish and pray for before you go to bed. We'll see

bulldog312
04-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Couldn't I turn it around and say Kobe played great in game 1 and it still wasn't enough to even beat the Hornets? Your point is correct that if everyone on the Lakers plays up to their potential every game or nearly every game they will win the title. But it's kind of a "duh" statement and you could say that for about 8 different teams.

The reality is that every player doesn't play up to his potential every night, or even most nights. Sure, you have stars that will have a good game 8 out of 10 times, but usually your role players are more sporadic with their performance and different players step up on different nights and not all at once.

mikealike305
04-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Is that what you wish and pray for before you go to bed. We'll see

i dont pray before bed
actually id love to see LA in the finals again. i had them as my preseason favorite in the west. just dont see it happening. look at the trouble they are having with the hornets. how can u seriously tell me they are going to make it past OKC?
kobe has a bum leg. he cant play good D and with that leg he needs to be a jump shooter. in doing that he will get a lot less open looks. just dont see them getting to far.

coolio136
04-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Kobe barely broke double-digits, and Gasol failed to even do that. LA's two best players combined for 5-20 shooting last night. and Fisher's 2-9 from the field didnt help matters. The result? They still won!

With Odom, Bynum and Artest stepping up, and Barnes hustle and smart shot selection, the Lakers still pushed forward to win.

My thought: If the two best players in LA play as badly as they did last night and the team still pulls out a win, how is anybody supposed to compete with these guys when Gasol and Bryant are actually playing at their consistent, all-star level.

I though after the game one loss that these playoffs would be a little more interesting than I first expected, but after seeing the was LA pulled out a win with these two shooting 25% from the field, I just dont see how any team in the league can honestly compete with this team.

Thoughts?

Hornets are 7th seed for a reason and the fact that they don't have David West doesn't help the cause.

DCB/LAL
04-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Its pretty amazing to say the least... and thats why when they bring their A-Game there is NO TEAM that can beat them.

If LA brought their A-Game everygame they would SWEEP through the playoffs... Even if the other teams brought theirs. Simple as that it really is.

Raph12
04-21-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm telling you guys that Bynum is the 2nd best center when healthy, he's the 4th option in LA behind Kobe, Pau and Odom, but he'd be an outstanding 2nd option anywhere else...

championships
04-21-2011, 03:01 PM
i dont pray before bed
actually id love to see LA in the finals again. i had them as my preseason favorite in the west. just dont see it happening. look at the trouble they are having with the hornets. how can u seriously tell me they are going to make it past OKC?
kobe has a bum leg. he cant play good D and with that leg he needs to be a jump shooter. in doing that he will get a lot less open looks. just dont see them getting to far.

In their last two title runs, Can you tell me when they didn't have troubles with teams?
I'm not saying it's a lock for them to go all the way but as a Die Hard fan I still believe they can. For people to be counting them out already is crazy talk and It's usually people who just flat out root against them who say they are done already.

godolphins
04-21-2011, 03:02 PM
:shrug: That was a fluke and if they play like that against the Thunders, Mavs or Spurs you can chalk up a L for LA

KmB728
04-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Ekafor was in foul trouble because Bynum dominated him. Maybe you missed that part of the game.

Ekafor? Maybe you missed that part of the guy because his name is Okafor....

championships
04-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Hornets are 7th seed for a reason and the fact that they don't have David West doesn't help the cause.

Hornets would be the 5th seed in the east. They finished with a better record then the Hawks. They're not as bad as a team as everyone seems to claim they are. Paul is a superstar player and yes he is giving the Lakers fits. I would hope a team with a player like that could win atleast on or two games in the playoffs. Ariza is no scrub either.

ElMarroAfamado
04-21-2011, 03:09 PM
It was the Hornets

It is The Sixers, is the first thing I think about whenever your comrades say anything remotely positive about your Series. Really. The Sixers?

championships
04-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Ekafor? Maybe you missed that part of the guy because his name is Okafor....

Sue me. I mispelled his name. Must be because he can't stay on the court very long against Bynum.

Baller1
04-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Durant and Westbrook didn't play all that well last night and we mopped the Nuggets. No, my thoughts about the Lakers haven't changed.

Baller1
04-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Bynum has been dominating and since when does bynum have trouble with perkins? lol pretty sure he is alot more physical than gasol and will give perkins problems.Pau on the other hand is sweet lol he is always trying to flop and looks at the ref everytime he makes a move and will probably get beat up down there with ibaka

In the last game OKC and LA played, we dominated the game while Bynum struggled. I know it's a game, but Perkins definitely plays the Lakers well; he's got that Boston blood in him still.

L@ker4Life
04-21-2011, 03:29 PM
i dont pray before bed

First, you're a bandwagon Heat fan and based on your posts have a very low bball IQ.

Do you remember 2 years ago on our way to the championship we went 7 games with a Yao and Mcgrady less Rocket team? This team is about overcoming adversity. The game of basketball is matchups. NOH happen to match up well with us. We will win and you will see a different Lakers Offensive team against Mavs. One is not better than the other, just matchups are different.

You should worry about making it past Boston cause Lebron hasn't been able to do it. Everybody knows they are stashing Shaq until that series. You guys aren't even going to make it to the ECF. You guys can't win close games, and in the playoffs almost everygame is going to be close. I would worry about your own team before you start saying how bad Kobe and the lakers are. It sounds to me that you're trying to convince yourself :rolleyes:

RaiderLakersA's
04-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Haven't we all been here before?

First Round: Lakers look pedestrian, if not mortal. People start questioning Kobe's shot selection and his mileage, Pau's heart and Bynum's health.

Second Round: Lakers wake up, realize they only need 4 wins to get to the Western Conference Finals, and start putting in work.

Western Conference Championship: Lakers get consistent effort across the board, minus a one-game lapse here and there. Kobe gets a tune-up before tuning up the opposing players, and someone who looks like Fisher, but plays like Captain America shows up and the Lakers move on to the Finals.

The NBA Finals: Anyone's guess which Lakers squad shows up. But if the Lakers make it that far, there really is only 1 team that can honestly, confidently say that they can go toe to toe with the Lakers and win...and yet, their starting 5 is no longer the same "...starting 5 (that) has never lost a playoff series."

Wait for it.

gaughan333
04-21-2011, 03:37 PM
First, you're a bandwagon Heat fan and based on your posts have a very low bball IQ.

Do you remember 2 years ago on our way to the championship we went 7 games with a Yao and Mcgrady less Rocket team? This team is about overcoming adversity. The game of basketball is matchups. NOH happen to match up well with us. We will win and you will see a different Lakers Offensive team against Mavs. One is not better than the other, just matchups are different.

You should worry about making it past Boston cause Lebron hasn't been able to do it. Everybody knows they are stashing Shaq until that series. You guys aren't even going to make it to the ECF. You guys can't win close games, and in the playoffs almost everygame is going to be close. I would worry about your own team before you start saying how bad Kobe and the lakers are. It sounds to me that you're trying to convince yourself :rolleyes:

I'm assuming that the match up that you are referring to is at the pg position. The thunder have a very good one as well, as well as much better players thank the hornets at other positions. OKC is young, but I really see them giving LA problems if they meet.

mikealike305
04-21-2011, 03:43 PM

lmaoooo
no... it sounds to me that YOU'RE trying to convince YOURSELF.
and low bball I.Q?? everything after "Do you remember 2 years ago..." is completely irrelevent.... why u might be asking? IT WAS 2 YEARS AGO. what does that have ANYTHING to do with today? lol what a joke of a post.
oh guys... do u remember the heat winning in 06??? that means were going to do it again!! i just know it!! :facepalm: laker fans.....
one thing i can agree with u about is that it isa game of match ups. lets see how well your lakers and old kobe match up against OKC and young fast westbrooke and durant

Hawkeye15
04-21-2011, 03:57 PM
its against a Hornets roster that has no frontcourt, and one man willing them. The Lakers won't get away with this kind of play against The Spurs, Mavs, Thunder, etc. But, how many times have we seen the Lakers play down to the level of another team in one round, only to come out and whip the team they play in the next round? I don't believe they are "struggling" until I see someone send them home.

Purple&Gold24
04-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Yeah but its just the hornets. Kobe and Pau can sit out the series and we'd win a close match. The we will need them both against the spurs and thunder.

Jewelz0376
04-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Like many have already said it's the Hornets...All the Lakers needs Kobe to do this series is continue to defend cp3 well...Next series against Dal or Por (and every series after) they will def need more from Pau and Kobe to win and they will get it

sunsfan88
04-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Uh yea too bad Bynum, Odom, Artest and Barnes will never play this well when Kobe & Gasol play good.

Its one or the other, not both.

sunsfan88
04-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Like many have already said it's the Hornets...All the Lakers needs Kobe to do this series is continue to defend cp3 well...Next series against Dal or Por (and every series after) they will def need more from Pau and Kobe to win and they will get it

Continue to defend well? Does that mean that he has already defended Chris Paul well? Cause it sure didn't happen in GM 2 and I doubt it happened in GM 1.

Only reason CP3 did worse in GM 2 was because the Phil Jackson finally realized that Gasol can't Paul so they stopped switching on pick & rolls.

TboneM3
04-21-2011, 06:54 PM
^What are you talking about lol.

I love all this talk on PSD. Like any of us have a crystal ball or are able to predict wins by comparing teams that played each other 2 months ago or whatever else we come up with.

Lakers have won the last two championships, therefore they're favorites to win it again this year. We'll have to wait to see how it all plays out. Anybody who is writing off previous champions, however, is missing brain cells.

Jewelz0376
04-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Continue to defend well? Does that mean that he has already defended Chris Paul well? Cause it sure didn't happen in GM 2 and I doubt it happened in GM 1.

Only reason CP3 did worse in GM 2 was because the Phil Jackson finally realized that Gasol can't Paul so they stopped switching on pick & rolls.

Kobe fouled him on a couple 3s...and then he had the bad possession at the end of the quarter when he was trying to press cp3 full court and cp3 hit him with a 3...but other than that he did a good job on him... Sure guarding a guy like cp3 is a team effort (as it is with any great player)..but Kobe still did a good job on him considering the caliber of playing cp3 is...

I'm not saying Kobe locked him down...but he did about as well as you can expect against cp3 in the playoffs...

Crackadalic
04-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Lakers are cruising man

ne3xchamps
04-21-2011, 07:29 PM
It was the Hornets

this.

ne3xchamps
04-21-2011, 07:31 PM
In the last game OKC and LA played, we dominated the game while Bynum struggled. I know it's a game, but Perkins definitely plays the Lakers well; he's got that Boston blood in him still.

hell yeah. I really have a feeling the thunder are going to scare the s-t out of the lakers. laker fans attack!!:hide::laugh2: silly laker fans

John Walls Era
04-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Lakers better pick it up, Thunder are looking great right now.

Sly Guy
04-21-2011, 08:04 PM
It was the Hornets

haha, seriously.

nolafan33
04-21-2011, 08:31 PM
They were that bad because of the Hornets, not because they had "off nights" or any stupid copout like that. The Hornets should have won last night, but we couldn't make a free throw and make unforced turns that we normally would not make. Leaves me confident for the rest of the series.

Tanakid777
04-21-2011, 08:38 PM
It was the hornets minus David west. I'm a laker fan but get real. If pau and Kobe don't step it up we won't make it past Dallas. The hornets arent a bad team, but they are young, inexperienced, and not nearly as good as any other opponent we will be facing in the playoffs.

Objectivity FTW!!

Lim
04-21-2011, 10:52 PM
dude STOP LYING kobe did NOT SHUT chris out of the game chris was leaving kobe standing still rearrange his ankles at one point in game kobe had to take orders from THE coaching staff to start offense tru gasol or bynum plus kobe is almost FINISH that is why hes taking long range J there is nomore thrust in kobe to drive to basket at will he was save by artest again odam played well and bynum showed up but to be fair new orleans beat themselves

the best part of this post is at the bottom it says: Last edited by AIRMAR72; Today at 01:52 PM.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-21-2011, 11:00 PM
hell yeah. I really have a feeling the thunder are going to scare the s-t out of the lakers. laker fans attack!!:hide::laugh2: silly laker fans

I find it funny that a Celtic fan would be saying anything. Considering how they have looked against a far worse team than the Hornets. The Hornets are better than teams 5, 6, 7, and 8 in the east. The Bulls are getting all they could handle out of the Pacers. The Heat have been close to losing 2 games against the Sixers of all teams. Neither the Sixers or Pacers have a player of CP3's caliber. Nor do they have a big as good as Okafor. Nor do they play defense like the Hornets. So if we are going to judge a team by how they are performing against what teams, I guess the Bulls, Heat, Celtics, Magic, and Spurs are not contenders. The Celtics almost lost 2 games against the softest team in the league at home. With their starting point guard out, their star power forward out, and a gift from the refs. If I was a Celtic fan, I would want to refrain from commenting on other teams

iggypop123
04-21-2011, 11:34 PM
the league isnt in trouble. the lakers played 2 games in la and that great home court advantage netted them -12 fts. its not like they will get better treatment on the road.

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-22-2011, 03:44 AM
Uh yea too bad Bynum, Odom, Artest and Barnes will never play this well when Kobe & Gasol play good.

Its one or the other, not both.

Isn't that a good option to have? I like not having to rely on 1 or 2 guys to do everything. If Kobe or Pau struggles, we have somebody who can pick them up. If Rose struggles, the Bulls have nobody. If westbrook or durant struggle, they have no other offensive options.

The whole team does not have to be clicking for the lakers to win. But if they are...........

assisi805
04-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Fluke.

ElMarroAfamado
04-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Same Laker Hatred every year, same result in the end.

Gibby23
04-22-2011, 01:46 PM

I know the Thub=nder won the game, but don't go pumping up an average center that Bynum owns. Bynum had 12 points, 13 rebounds, and 2 blocks that game. Perkins has trouble with bynum and Perkins said it himself. Perkins is in no way comparable to Bynum. Perkins is a 6 and 8 guy.