PDA

View Full Version : Where will Roy play next year?

Lucky Junior
04-20-2011, 03:53 PM
I think it's obvious at this point that Brandon Roy and the Trail Blazers will divorce. Roy told reporters last night that he had to keep himself from crying on the bench. Mcmillian has lost all faith in what used to be their franchises best player. And with the addition of Wallace, Roy really isn't needed.

What I'm not sure of, is where will Roy end up? Who's willing to take on his salary given his injury history?

The Bulls come to mind. They have a little cap room, and are in desperate need of a SG. The Cavs, Wolves and Nets may be desperate enough. But I'm not sure in any direction. Let me know where you think he will end up, and why? Or maybe the Blazers just wont be able to move him.

northsid3r
04-20-2011, 04:04 PM
i don't think the bulls can afford him. i'm not sure I haven't looked it up yet but, the bulls only have 2-3 million available (i think) i'm pretty sure Roy is going to get paid morre than that. He'd be a nice addition to the bulls I just hope that where ever he goes that he can play close to what he was before his injuries started it's a shame.

sep11ie
04-20-2011, 04:10 PM
What team does he play for right now again?

Lucky Junior
04-20-2011, 04:12 PM
i don't think the bulls can afford him. i'm not sure I haven't looked it up yet but, the bulls only have 2-3 million available (i think) i'm pretty sure Roy is going to get paid morre than that. He'd be a nice addition to the bulls I just hope that where ever he goes that he can play close to what he was before his injuries started it's a shame.

They do only have $3 mil available... but I'm assuming guys like Korver and Brewer at 5 a piece could be moved to make room. He'd be taking their minutes anyway.

Noah's deal is the real problem. It jumps from $3 to $10.

Then again, Utah is in need of a SG, and they haev $17 coming off in the form of AK-47.

Lucky Junior
04-20-2011, 04:15 PM

He's a Blazer... but he's only played a total of maybe 30 minutes in the first two games of their series despite being healthy. They even put Pat Mills in ahead of him at one point! lol.

sep11ie
04-20-2011, 04:16 PM
He's a Blazer... but he's only played a total of maybe 30 minutes in the first two games of their series despite being healthy. They even put Pat Mills in ahead of him at one point! lol.

Yea thats it, I'll go with them.

Hellcrooner
04-20-2011, 04:18 PM
he is not gonna be cleared by doctors when the trade phisical tests are displayed.

Portland is stuck with Him.

DoJoTheSlasher
04-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Come to Dallas!

Kidd
Roy
Marion
Dirk
Chandler

northsid3r
04-20-2011, 04:22 PM
1. Rose
2. Roy
3. Deng
4. Boozer
5. Noah

If he played like he did before the injury Rose/ Roy will be the best back court in the NBA. Pretty good front court too.

Hunter48MVP
04-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Bulls seem like the best fit for him. If Bulls could work out a trade for himI think they will be the favorites for the 2012 championship. Other teams to consider: Cavs, Mavericks, Spurs, Hornets, Nets, Knicks, and Magic

Shammyguy3
04-20-2011, 04:30 PM
He won't be with the Bulls, that's for sure. We have no cap space, and we have no pieces that the Blazers would want in a trade. I also highly doubt the Bulls would want to trade for him & his contract.

So, he's definitely not coming to Chicago.

Dr Cyanide 28
04-20-2011, 04:35 PM
He won't be with the Bulls, that's for sure. We have no cap space, and we have no pieces that the Blazers would want in a trade. I also highly doubt the Bulls would want to trade for him & his contract.

this

blams
04-20-2011, 04:35 PM
People know he'll get better as he gets time to heal from the injury. He's not going to be easy to get.

Lucky Junior
04-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Come to Dallas!

Kidd
Roy
Marion
Dirk
Chandler

The Mavs actually did come to mind, because Cuban has an almost ******** willingness to spend. But how exactly would that work given re-signing Chandler is a MUST. Marion, Haywood, and Brewer maybe? I know they were one of the teams interested in Brewer when the Knicks let him go.

thephoenixson28
04-20-2011, 04:42 PM
PHOENIX FTW we are in need of a SG and we have the best training staff.

Lucky Junior
04-20-2011, 04:46 PM
People know he'll get better as he gets time to heal from the injury. He's not going to be easy to get.

Actually that couldn't be further from the truth. He has worn AWAY the cartilage in BOTH knees. It's widely assumed that he will NEVER be as explosive as he once was. Which makes it hard to justify paying him about $53 mil over the next 4 years. He's not even the starter anymore. If he doesn't get moved, he will become a HUGE distraction. And they still have to figure out what they want to do about Odem, and Miller.

I think this is as cheap as you could get a "potential" star in a long time.

Lucky Junior
04-20-2011, 04:51 PM

Phoenix never crossed my mind, but it makes sense. They could afford him outright if they let Carter and Pietrus go as expected. They are desperate enough to keep Nash to gamble. And they have some young players and a lottery pick to offer in return. It actually makes the most sense out of any team.

nolin
04-20-2011, 04:52 PM
I think it's obvious at this point that Brandon Roy and the Trail Blazers will divorce. Roy told reporters last night that he had to keep himself from crying on the bench. Mcmillian has lost all faith in what used to be their franchises best player. And with the addition of Wallace, Roy really isn't needed.

What I'm not sure of, is where will Roy end up? Who's willing to take on his salary given his injury history?

The Bulls come to mind. They have a little cap room, and are in desperate need of a SG. The Cavs, Wolves and Nets may be desperate enough. But I'm not sure in any direction. Let me know where you think he will end up, and why? Or maybe the Blazers just wont be able to move him.

Bulls will be signing drose to an extention sometime next year. there sg position will be filled by the MLE if that even exist after the new CBA. no way they would be able to take on roys contract or anyone else over 6 mil.

Branwegner84
The guy is due $13,604,000, $15,032,420, $16,730,840, $18,159,260, and $19,587,680; if he unable to return to his former self, which is unlikely, then no one is going to want him or his contract. The Blazers are stuck with him.

Purple&Gold24
He'll come play Pg for the Lakers.
Roy
Bryant
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

thephoenixson28
04-20-2011, 04:56 PM
It's funny cuz I mentioned a trade involving Roy in the Suns forum

smith&wesson
04-20-2011, 04:58 PM

have you seen his stat line for the last two games ? the blazers are stuck with him untill his contract is up. he is now what you call untradable and over paid. he just isnt what he was prior to his injuries.

Lucky Junior
04-20-2011, 05:00 PM
The guy is due $13,604,000, $15,032,420, $16,730,840, $18,159,260, and $19,587,680; if he unable to return to his former self, which is unlikely, then no one is going to want him or his contract. The Blazers are stuck with him.

I predicted the Magic-Wizards deal and someone said almost that exact same thing about Arenas.

A GM on the hot-seat (or even a warm-seat) will take chances, because if they don't pan out, well he was gone anyway.

nolin
04-20-2011, 05:03 PM
It's funny cuz I mentioned a trade involving Roy in the Suns forum

lol do you think these same suns who didnt want to sign amare to a long term contract do to past and future injury concerns are going to take a chance on roys and his bad knees? not to mention his contract isnt to great..

thephoenixson28
04-20-2011, 05:03 PM
A trade of Lopez,Childress,Carter, and a 1st would do the trick

nolin
04-20-2011, 05:08 PM
I predicted the Magic-Wizards deal and someone said almost that exact same thing about Arenas.

A GM on the hot-seat (or even a warm-seat) will take chances, because if they don't pan out, well he was gone anyway.

true some team might take a chance on him but it will not be sarver or reinsdorf. 2 of the cheapest owners in the nba.

Nets fan 93
04-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Nets! We really done have too many assets though.

thephoenixson28
04-20-2011, 05:11 PM
lol do you think these same suns who didnt want to sign amare to a long term contract do to past and future injury concerns are going to take a chance on roys and his bad knees? not to mention his contract isnt to great.. Maybe you learn from your mistakes. Amare is putting up big numbers in New York. If we give them our trash for there damaged goods, I see why not.

D1JM
04-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Who will want him? He's getting paid like 15+ year

jzero
04-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Come to Dallas!

Kidd
Roy
Marion
Dirk
Chandler

you still wouldnt win anything

tyfreaks brotha
04-20-2011, 05:28 PM
I would like to see him with the Suns. He's the perfect guy to get them in the playoffs with a great training staff

Nash
Roy
Childress
?
Gortat

tyfreaks brotha
04-20-2011, 05:28 PM

What cuz ur Wade/lebron/bosh :rolleyes:

spreadeagle
04-20-2011, 05:39 PM
As a Raptors fan it is sooooo tempting to want to bring him in to play SF since we now have Sonny Weems and Linas Klieza stinking it up currently at the position but he makes way to much cash...and with the new CBA 15-19 mil a year could seem like 20-23 next year if salaries are lowered...and yes the Suns are the obvious choice...two words Grant Hill

Branwegner84
04-20-2011, 05:39 PM

Arenas was still playing well before he was traded, the same can't be said for Roy. It's sad, but he is done. The Arenas trade was a trade of equally bad contracts, if Roy does get dealt, it will be for someone with a equally bad contract as his.

bmd1101
04-20-2011, 05:43 PM
1. Rose
2. Roy
3. Deng
4. Boozer
5. Noah

If he played like he did before the injury Rose/ Roy will be the best back court in the NBA. Pretty good front court too.

If roy was the old roy he would be starting for the blazers and this topic would have never came up. Don't expect him to ever be the roy of old he never will be that way again.

ChitownSports16
04-20-2011, 05:48 PM
I forsure hope the bulls dont!

Hawkeye15
04-20-2011, 05:49 PM
he is owed $65 million over the next 4 years, for a player who can't play more than sparse minutes here and there.

Portland is stuck with him.

Hawkeye15
04-20-2011, 05:49 PM
as sad as it is to say, he is the new Michael Redd.

midwestmadman
04-20-2011, 05:51 PM
He'll be a Blazer, and he will start.

tyfreaks brotha
04-20-2011, 06:00 PM

Very sad indeed

IndiansFan337
04-20-2011, 06:05 PM

No team in the NBA is going to take on his contract at this time. He has too many years left on that deal and has had too many injuries hit him over the past two years for any team to justify the risk it would be taking. He will be in Portland next year....So hopefully some rest this summer gets him closer to his peak form.

MrfadeawayJB
04-20-2011, 06:07 PM
He won't leave portland...no one else wants to pay him that $$$

GoatMilk
04-20-2011, 06:10 PM

unfortunately, thats a good comparison

although maybe with a summer off he can strengthen his body

Jonathan2323
04-20-2011, 06:10 PM
I don't think Roy will be ever the same. He should probably be a 6th man instead of starting.

JoeDirt05
04-20-2011, 06:13 PM

i do agree you guys have an AMAZING training staff seeing how the blazers buy your guys draft picks for millions of dollars every year how bout we just buy your training staff and roy stays in portland :)

JoeDirt05
04-20-2011, 06:14 PM
No team in the NBA is going to take on his contract at this time. He has too many years left on that deal and has had too many injuries hit him over the past two years for any team to justify the risk it would be taking. He will be in Portland next year....So hopefully some rest this summer gets him closer to his peak form.

his contract is insured for his knees so really anyone could take him

BallIsAll
04-20-2011, 06:18 PM
with kmart and jr coming off the books i say hes the star the nuggets need! plus the blazers like felton..

drobe86
04-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Its funny how people really believe this guy has something left in the tank. Roys career is over. He has no lift, no explosiveness, his shot is gone, defensively even the slowest of NBA player blow by him with ease. I would go crazy if Cuban traded for this bum. His career is over

Lucky Junior
04-20-2011, 06:48 PM
He'll be a Blazer, and he will start.

Not over Batum or Wallace. They could try to play him at the point, but he doesn't have the quickness/agility for it. And if you listen to his interview from last night it's clear that in his current mind state, being the 6th is out of the question. If they can't move him, I think he'll demand a trade, which would further reduce his value. It's a no-win situation.

jiggin
04-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Blazers aren't going to give him away...so...prepare to give up something of value if they move him.

Otherwise, he will continue to be a bench player that is paid alot...and they will handle his attitude and media comments behind closed doors in the GM's office.

He is a nice kid. Seems to be respectful most of the time.

If he is told to shut the **** up, he most likely will. His agent recently took the assistant GM job with the Warriors so it will be fun to watch his new representation and how they will handle this snafu. Not a lot of ground to grovel on, he has been hurt with significant surgeries the blazers paid for and he is a max guy.

Shut up and play when we tell you too may be all he hears from the Blazers and his agent...at least till he can prove in the off-season he is the Roy of old. LOL

hotpotato1092
04-20-2011, 07:46 PM
I want him and/or Oden to end up in Phoenix, give that training staff a chance to work another miracle.

Crackadalic
04-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Didn't he sign a extension? He isnt going anywhere

jiggin
04-20-2011, 08:00 PM
They could try to play him at the point, but he doesn't have the quickness/agility for it.

If he could get his spring back in that step it may be worth it for them to give him a look, with Patty Mills and Andre Johnson waiting in the wings (andre being gone at season end). Johnson isn't going anyway, he was named D League POY i think...and right now Paul Allen has a hard on for Patty Mills.

I just don't think the blazers can EVER go back to the isolation Roy that he liked and wants back, not with LA emerging as he has. I mean, lets not forget that LA was actually drafted before Roy and expected to be amazing when drafted 2nd overall in the 2006 draft. I mean, Aldridge WAS suppose to be the man...and now that he has the chance he is running with it, can't take that away all the sudden.

Blazers could certainly use some top shelf support role players, if nothing else to solidify that bench for next year...lord knows they will have injuries; its the Blazers.

drew_ellis_23
04-20-2011, 08:10 PM

He's healthy? Guy moves like a 40 year old and a slow one at that. Can't make a shot. He is done.

Lim
04-20-2011, 08:10 PM
why do people keep saying go to pheonix? like a training staff is going to save him. him and grant hill are 2 completely different situations. hill injured his foot over and over, roy injured his knees over and over, roy is bone on bone right now. doctors have even said he has at best 2 years left. he aint going no where, he will sit on portlands bench, earn his money and then retire. someone might take a chance on him for the minimum when his contract is up, but other than that he is done.

drew_ellis_23
04-20-2011, 08:12 PM

Yep one of the smartest moves the Blazers made.

gaughan333
04-20-2011, 10:16 PM
He's done. He's signed to a huge contract. I want no part of him in chicago

gaughan333
04-20-2011, 10:17 PM
Yep one of the smartest moves the Blazers made.

Can that insurance be moved? Or is his contract insured by the Blazers?

JoeDirt05
04-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Can that insurance be moved? Or is his contract insured by the Blazers?

its insured by and independent insurance company so it can go to anyone

dodie53
04-20-2011, 11:30 PM

i agree with you

Hunter48MVP
04-21-2011, 01:44 AM

very true

sargon21
04-21-2011, 01:56 AM
portland is a shiest of an organization, they don't trade ****

sargon21
04-21-2011, 01:57 AM
meaning they always just try to rip the other team off

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-21-2011, 02:08 AM

there's no treatment for roy's knees yet

LA_Raiders
04-21-2011, 02:10 AM
Can he stil play with those banged up knees?

ragee
04-21-2011, 02:16 AM
He is not going anywhere... He is not even worth an expiring contract... I think it would be best for Portland to just limit his mins for a while and hope that he could somehow get his game back...

JoeDirt05
04-21-2011, 02:52 AM
meaning they always just try to rip the other team off

isnt that the definition of a good organization? getting the very most out of a player at the expense of another team sounds like a pretty good idea to me... the nuggets did the exact same thing they knew NY would give them whatever they wanted because NY didnt want NJ to get melo its a great idea to rip off the other teams if they are dumb enough to pay the price lol

thephoenixson28
04-21-2011, 03:26 AM
there's no treatment for roy's knees yetSame could be said about Grant Hill. #justsayin

Hellcrooner
04-21-2011, 03:33 AM
Same could be said about Grant Hill. #justsayin

and when was the last year he was deserving of an almost max contract?
thats what roys is making for the next 5 or 6 years.

championships
04-21-2011, 03:37 AM
Sadly I think he is done. His knees has ended his career very early.

DerekRE_3
04-21-2011, 03:42 AM
Same could be said about Grant Hill. #justsayin

Because Grant Hill has been worth $15 mil a year for the past few seasons? Yeah right. That's what Roy is making next season, and it goes up every year until it hits $19 mil in 2014-2015.

SeoulBeatz
04-21-2011, 04:04 AM
Roy's future is incredibly up in the air, so I don't know how many teams will be eager to pick him up.

Incredibly sad for a guy who I thought was the 3rd best SG in the league behind Kobe and Wade and certainly top 10.

Iggy and Speights for Oden and Roy :)? Would be a huge risk but I'd be down. You'd get a sure thing in Iggy and "potential" in Speights haha.

PG: Jrue Holiday
SG: Brandon Roy
SF: Evan Turner
PF: Thad Young
C: Greg Oden

I love that on paper (when healthy) even though Thad's better suited off the bench.

Poor man's Brandon Roy (Evan Turner) and Brandon Roy together on the Sixers.

Could be interesting.... but this will never happen.... and Oden and Roy are serious gambles at this point.

stlbest5in2013
04-21-2011, 04:40 AM
the only way he leaves portland is in a buyout. a very expensive one at that, and portland wont do that, they are cheap.

JasonJohnHorn
04-21-2011, 06:15 AM
Well, the Heat won a title with Eddie Jones playing relatively big minutes on bummed knees, and I dont think they'd care much about salaries.

I would wait though. Portland has generally been a stand up franchise when handling its players. They have been exceptionally patient and understanding with Oden, and they managed to smooth things over with Fernandez. Emotions are running high right now. Roy has to accept the bumpy road that is in front of him and the reality that he may never return to form. It is heartbreaking to know what you could have done and have chance take that away from you, but guys like Eddie Jones have played on bum knees and still contributed, so Roy, if he doesnt return to form (and lets all hope that he does), can still earn a living in the NBA, and I think Portland would be more than happy to provide him with a home.

Lets wait and see. I can see Roy playing in Portland for years to come if he isnt forced into retirement.

Lets all hope for the best and let emotions cool down.

sunsfan88
04-21-2011, 07:45 AM
He better not play for PHX.

The guy's career is done. His knee will never allow him to be relevant again.

unbalanced
04-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Sadly imo, he's done. He will be offered an injury settlement and will not be on an NBA roster at this time next year.

DerekRE_3
04-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Roy's future is incredibly up in the air, so I don't know how many teams will be eager to pick him up.

Incredibly sad for a guy who I thought was the 3rd best SG in the league behind Kobe and Wade and certainly top 10.

Iggy and Speights for Oden and Roy :)? Would be a huge risk but I'd be down. You'd get a sure thing in Iggy and "potential" in Speights haha.

PG: Jrue Holiday
SG: Brandon Roy
SF: Evan Turner
PF: Thad Young
C: Greg Oden

I love that on paper (when healthy) even though Thad's better suited off the bench.

Poor man's Brandon Roy (Evan Turner) and Brandon Roy together on the Sixers.

Could be interesting.... but this will never happen.... and Oden and Roy are serious gambles at this point.

Your best bet with that would be getting an injury settlement within a few years...and in the mean time get average production at best. Would be a horrible trade for the Sixers.

mikealike305
04-21-2011, 09:36 AM
i think denver should take a look at him. they are a star player away from being a top tier team in the leauge. if they can convince the cast they have now to stick around, then pick up roy. got a great team there

DitchDat
04-21-2011, 09:37 AM

No. The Bulls don't need Roy. They need a catch-and-shoot 2-guard, not a ballhandling 2 like Roy. Roy + another ballhandler doesn't work.

Cavs (BD) and Nets (D-Will) same thing.

I would actually like to see him with the T-Wolves, because that's the franchise that traded him away for Randy Foye. Their point guard situation will have to be monitored though. If it's a Billups-type PG, I say go for it.

thephoenixson28
04-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Because Grant Hill has been worth $15 mil a year for the past few seasons? Yeah right. That's what Roy is making next season, and it goes up every year until it hits $19 mil in 2014-2015.
I'm talking about play, not money. What I'm saying is Grant Hill was a walking injury waiting to happen. Now that he plays with Phoenix, he missed about 6 games in 3 years. If grant hill can do it, I'm pretty sure Roy can.

WeBallin
04-21-2011, 10:30 AM
I'd trade Roy for tayshaun Prince Straight up

PrettyBoyJ
04-21-2011, 10:32 AM
I dont think its gonna be a divorce jus yet.. Problem with some of these players they come back from injuries too early risking a high chance of re-injuring it.. I know they wanna look like a warrior or tough guy but you gotta be smart as well.. Brandon Roy needs to just get healthy amd come back strong forget about playing now cuz he can only make things worse..

Hitman21
04-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Roy for nick young straight up

DerekRE_3
04-21-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm talking about play, not money. What I'm saying is Grant Hill was a walking injury waiting to happen. Now that he plays with Phoenix, he missed about 6 games in 3 years. If grant hill can do it, I'm pretty sure Roy can.

Well ignoring the money part of it is...stupid. I'm sure he can keep playing, but not even close to the level needed to justify the contract he signed. If Hill was making what Roy will make the next few years, you'd be begging for his retirement.

Not only that, it's a completely different injury, so I don't know why you are comparing them. Roy's injury is more similar to Chris Webber's knee injury. You know, the one that crippled him and his career.

thephoenixson28
04-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Well ignoring the money part of it is...stupid. I'm sure he can keep playing, but not even close to the level needed to justify the contract he signed. If Hill was making what Roy will make the next few years, you'd be begging for his retirement.

Not only that, it's a completely different injury, so I don't know why you are comparing them. Roy's injury is more similar to Chris Webber's knee injury. You know, the one that crippled him and his career.What about Chris Paul, he had the same injury. Roy is not a above the rim type player. I rather have Roy then any of our Sg right now.

thephoenixson28
04-21-2011, 01:20 PM
And I brought up Hill, cuz he was known for nothing but injuries. But you see his play now, imagine if he was 10 years younger.

sp1derm00
04-21-2011, 04:57 PM
And I brought up Hill, cuz he was known for nothing but injuries. But you see his play now, imagine if he was 10 years younger.

How about your training staff work on getting VC back to health?

thephoenixson28
04-21-2011, 06:22 PM
How about your training staff work on getting VC back to health?Vince Carter was lazy. There is a Article that came out that Grant Hill was questioning his work ethic. But what about Shaq,Nash,and Hill.

Hawkeye15
04-21-2011, 06:38 PM
What about Chris Paul, he had the same injury. Roy is not a above the rim type player. I rather have Roy then any of our Sg right now.

Paul still has cartilage though. He is a few years away from being in Roy's situation.

No training staff can fix it dude. Its bone on bone in his knees. Paul has a few years left, Roy is basically done. I hope I am wrong, and there something comes out that can help Roy, but as of now, he is a totally limited player, both minutes, and effectiveness wise

Lake_Show2416
04-21-2011, 06:59 PM
he's not going anywhere, have you seen him play? he can hardly run, doesn't get off the floor when he tries to elevate, plus he recently signed a huge contract that would be paying him around 15 million annually. Nobody would want that

Tanakid777
04-21-2011, 07:00 PM

Ice cold

Chronz
Im going to bump this in a few months when Roy gets traded for Rashard Lewis

sunnydayin'zona

thats the key difference between suns signing amare and potentially trading for roy, amare's knees aren't insured. roy's are. roy or michael redd are worth a shot to try in phoenix, maybe. we would no longer have the cap space for a pf unless portland took back warrick, which they may consider doing considering the fact that roy's contract is very bad now

Master Mind
04-21-2011, 07:58 PM
NJ? :shrug:

assisi805
04-21-2011, 10:20 PM
We'll Take him.

Hellcrooner
04-21-2011, 11:28 PM
Im going to bump this in a few months when Roy gets traded for Rashard Lewis

or elton brand

JPHX
04-21-2011, 11:45 PM
Isn't Dejuan Blair's knees bone on bone as well? And its not just the training staff that keeps guys like Nash and G-Hill healthy. They have to put in the corrective exercises, the table work, and have incredibly disciplined diet. I think Roy can still play, he just needs the combination of a great physical trainer and discipline & determination.

P.S: Why can't the Blazers keep their players healthy???

Silent
04-21-2011, 11:50 PM

Are u serious they would trade him for a veal meal at mcdonalds at this point

netsgiantsyanks
04-21-2011, 11:51 PM
he is not gonna be cleared by doctors when the trade phisical tests are displayed.

Portland is stuck with Him.

that is true, actually.

stawka
04-22-2011, 12:18 AM
The Bulls would be an awesome choice for him. They obviously don't need him to be the Roy of 2 years back with Rose being there, but even if he was in a wheelchair he's a big upgrade over Bogans. Damn, the Bulls can go after JR too

Mattski1991
04-22-2011, 12:31 AM
Roy for Iguodala

fadedmario
04-22-2011, 12:35 AM
I wouldn't trade Jason Maxiell for him - he's done

tmacsc2
04-22-2011, 12:46 AM
He is killin right now!

HiphopRelated
04-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Portland

plenty years left on contract for big money and no knees

Baller1
04-22-2011, 02:39 AM
I dont see Roy going anywhere. He's loved in that city and I still have faith that he can somehow resurrect his career.

koreancabbage
04-22-2011, 09:19 AM
not leaving and he's untradeable. The Blazers always had problems somehow, i think of all teams being royally screwed, first comes

1) Los Angeles Clippers

2) Portland Trailblazers
yea, thats about right. The coach is out of his mind for not playing Roy. can u say best 8th man ever?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-22-2011, 09:50 AM
or elton brand

:confused:

jzero
04-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Isn't Dejuan Blair's knees bone on bone as well? And its not just the training staff that keeps guys like Nash and G-Hill healthy. They have to put in the corrective exercises, the table work, and have incredibly disciplined diet. I think Roy can still play, he just needs the combination of a great physical trainer and discipline & determination.

P.S: Why can't the Blazers keep their players healthy???

agreeed

latinofire21
04-22-2011, 05:23 PM

Roy is headed to San Antonio or Pheonix.