PDA

View Full Version : Howard free agency prediction!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

JustinLafferty
04-21-2011, 01:04 AM
i really hope your joking. Westbrook-22, Harden-21, Ibaka-21, Perkins-26. and you say there would be no low post presence? Since Green leaving, Ibaka has been developing his game. The kid is 6'10 240 and a damn good defender. could you imagine that youth brought in here? holy balls man. I'm sure they'd be able to bring in another SF to play other than turk. that team right there alone westbrook/harden/turk/ibaka/perkins that is a play off team. no doubt. you have a shooter in harden, you have a scorer in westbrook, you have a low post presence in ibaka and a damn good rebounder and you have a very solid defender in perkins. and if daniel orton can develop at all and bringing in fran vasquez, orlando would be sitting pretty well for trading their all star away. do i want to do this trade? hell no, i love dwight, i want him in orlando for his whole career. but that trade right there would be the best anyone can offer. not only do you get youth, but you get NBA all-star talent, ready to play now. don't tell me that trade would be horrible...thats ridiculous. and arenas has an opt out clause and i could very well see otis smith talking to arenas about exercising that and they bring him back for less for getting him out of a terrible situation. they are good friends, i really could see that.

Perkins is not a scorer. Ibaka is not a huge scorer either. I believe I said we would have no low post scoring not low post presence. Harden and Westbrook would be nice but I wouldn't want to give up JJ and Bass. We could get Westbrook, Ibaka, Perkins, and Harden for Dwight and Jameer.... I'm pretty sure the cap would still be too much going to OKC unless they are under enough to absorb it... then we could flip JJ and Bass somewhere else if we wanted...

Also Westbrook is close to being a free agent. He would have to resign as a part of this deal as well.

JustinLafferty
04-21-2011, 01:08 AM
You know what? I like most of your post..you what what you are saying not unlike others here...:clap:

As for the LA will lose a lot... i think it would be Bynum,Ebanks,Caracter and 2 1st..that is the most we can offer.. But all this trades will depend on the new CBA..One poster from another site told me that a hard cap might be a big possibilit..

:facepalm: Bynum who gets hurt ALL the time...Ebanks and Caracter who don't ever play... and 2 LATE round first picks that will essentially bring us at best another Ebanks and Caracter..... cmon man!!! You can't seriously think that's a trade Orlando would take...LAL has no leverage....

orlandij
04-21-2011, 01:24 AM
Okay here is the deal. Orlando will never lose hope so I don't see them trading him before the deadline. I know this is probably the first anyone has heard this but the suns will have the cap space to sign two max free agents next summer and are going to try to pair Chris Paul and Howard. This would mean they would have to send Gortat and more for Howard but Orlando will really have no choice because they held out on hope they would resign him. It will be the Suns or Bobcats where he ends up unless Bulls pay up big time. I just don't see them doing more than adding an sg though.

iggypop123
04-21-2011, 01:25 AM
much like the melo situation howard holds the leverage. he has already indicated 2 teams he wants to go to. nobody will even think about trading for him if its just for a rental. its either la or brooklyn. salary dump or talent from LA

SP17
04-21-2011, 01:33 AM
:facepalm: Bynum who gets hurt ALL the time...Ebanks and Caracter who don't ever play... and 2 LATE round first picks that will essentially bring us at best another Ebanks and Caracter..... cmon man!!! You can't seriously think that's a trade Orlando would take...LAL has no leverage....

Come on dude? where did I say they would accept it..LOL read before you reply.. I said that is the most LA could offer since we dont have the assets..get the point? If we cant land him with that we move on..get it? :facepalm:

So as the Magic..Dwight has the leverage.

mballa22191
04-21-2011, 02:01 AM
The Bulls also have 4 1st rounders in the next two years. Only one, the Bobcats pick with lottery potential. But those could be sweeteners.

mballa22191
04-21-2011, 02:02 AM
I think magic would prob want the Bulls to take Turk too..

LA_Raiders
04-21-2011, 02:08 AM
I think he will be a Laker.

D.Howard & Arenas for Artest/Odom, Brown & Bynum

SP17
04-21-2011, 02:12 AM
I think he will be a Laker.

D.Howard & Arenas for Artest/Odom, Brown & Bynum

I'd rather take hedo than gilbert..

Trueblue2
04-21-2011, 02:16 AM
Brown has a player option and a trade waiver, if he chooses to stay with la he's gonna wave a trade if he chooses to test free agency he won't be on the roster.

SP17
04-21-2011, 02:20 AM
The Bulls also have 4 1st rounders in the next two years. Only one, the Bobcats pick with lottery potential. But those could be sweeteners.

28 and 30 this year to be exact.. next yrs bull's 1st..The Cats pick is tricky.. Its protected until 2015.. so if bobcats dont make the playoffs again next year and continue to suck that pick will be traded 4 yrs from now..

JustinLafferty
04-21-2011, 02:23 AM
Come on dude? where did I say they would accept it..LOL read before you reply.. I said that is the most LA could offer since we dont have the assets..get the point? If we cant land him with that we move on..get it? :facepalm:

So as the Magic..Dwight has the leverage.

The Lakers can put together a better package than Bynum, Ebanks, & Caracter.... They still have Odom, Brown, Pau Gasol....

Dwight, Turk, & Bass for Gasol, Bynum, and Ebanks (then add whatever it takes to match each side) additionally some draft picks probably too... Dwight has leverage overall but if he wants to go to the Lakers he's at the mercy of Orlando... I don't subscribe to the I'd rather get something small than nothing. Bynum himself is nothing. He's not going to make a difference in how good or bad our team is without Dwight. I'd let him walk before I let the Lakers or another team without cap space take the best center in the league.

SP17
04-21-2011, 02:35 AM
The Lakers can put together a better package than Bynum, Ebanks, & Caracter.... They still have Odom, Brown, Pau Gasol....

Dwight, Turk, & Bass for Gasol, Bynum, and Ebanks (then add whatever it takes to match each side) additionally some draft picks probably too... Dwight has leverage overall but if he wants to go to the Lakers he's at the mercy of Orlando... I don't subscribe to the I'd rather get something small than nothing. Bynum himself is nothing. He's not going to make a difference in how good or bad our team is without Dwight. I'd let him walk before I let the Lakers or another team without cap space take the best center in the league.

LOL man..keep dreaming..LA wont include Both of gasol or bynum in any deal...Instead of becoming contenders they just gut their team for the last few years of an old kobe...I think most of the front office wont allow that.. Brown only has 1 year left in his contract and can be a FA in the offseason since it is a PO.. Bynum is nothing? LOL..thank God your not the gm for the magic coz if you refer to him as nothing might as well call other inferior players dust.. Good Luck to that.. LA is not the desperate team here.. IF we cant land Dwight we might as well hang on to what we have and improve our team and stick to the plan of no contracts after KObe and Pau expire.

JustinLafferty
04-21-2011, 02:45 AM
LOL man..keep dreaming..LA wont include Both of gasol or bynum in any deal...Instead of becoming contenders they just gut their team for the last few years of an old kobe...I think most of the front office wont allow that.. Brown only has 1 year left in his contract and can be a FA in the offseason since it is a PO.. Bynum is nothing? LOL..thank God your not the gm for the magic coz if you refer to him as nothing might as well call other inferior players dust.. Good Luck to that.. LA is not the desperate team here.. IF we cant land Dwight we might as well hang on to what we have and improve our team and stick to the plan of no contracts after Kobe and Pau expire.

Bynum is a solid player (when healthy). If he was guaranteed to be healthy, sure it makes trading for him alot more mind easing but because he's never healthy he can't be counted on to be playing or be a difference maker.

With Kobe and Dwight you'd still have a championship roster until Kobe retires and have a much better piece with Howard to retool with than a mid 30's Gasol or the oft-injured Bynum.

Fisher
Kobe
Turk/Artest
Odom/Bass
Dwight

If you didn't have anyone signed past Kobe. I'm sure there would be plenty of stars at that point lined up to play with Dwight in LA. The Dwight trade (even giving up Bynum & Gasol) is better for you in the short run and long run. If I was a Lakers fan, I'd give up anybody not named Kobe to get Dwight because without Dwight your run may be done as soon as this year. With that said, I gotta crash. lol

One last addition, Bynum has a team option for 2012.. If we weren't contenders, we'd be in the same situation again with him.

lakerboy
04-21-2011, 02:45 AM
I hope the Orlando front office watched game 2 of today's game =D Bynum was killing

Raph12
04-21-2011, 04:04 AM
I hope the Orlando front office watched game 2 of today's game =D Bynum was killing

x2

I really think the only scare is his health, if he stays healthy until 2012, I'm sure we'll consider a package around Bynum (Bynum, Artest, Brown, etc...) very seriously.

BleedingGreen9
04-21-2011, 07:51 AM
rondo
allen
pierce
garnett
howard

NetsPaint
04-21-2011, 08:36 AM
It's interesting how many scenarios seem possible, even for small market teams (due to the great players Dwight Howard could play with).

As fun as it'd be to see him in a new home, deep down I hope he stays with the Magic. Would be nice after all the changes of superstars' teams.

BigCityofDreams
04-21-2011, 10:23 AM
He either stays in Orlando or goes to LA

MagicHero3
04-21-2011, 10:44 AM
OK howards value is much higher than you all are projecting. I think the Magic are sick of trading for old players: IF they trade him, they will be looking for young potential talent. and alot of it. He has a higher trade value than Melo for sure and look what denver got for him.

You want Dwight on the Bulls? who do they have to offer? Maybe trade D-Rose for him that might be fair. other than that, there is no potential superstar on that team.

Lakers? Cmon, we dont want old-***** Odom, Artest or Gasol or anyone like that.

Honestly, I cant even think of anyone I would trade Dwight for. CP3 maybe and some maybe?
the trade would HAVE to include a up and coming superstar but Who?

The Dude Abides
04-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Odom, Artest, and Gasol might be getting old but they would still start for Orlando and instantly make them better.

rythym
04-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Howard will be returning home next year.

bigA9331
04-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Pair up with Rondo in Boston

jrm2054
04-21-2011, 11:19 AM
he can be like melo and refuse to sign anywhere he dont want to so he will decide where to go not the best pakage offered to the magic.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Howard signs with Boston, as the Celtics have only 3 players on the books for the 2012-2013 season. Rondo, Avery Bradley, and Pierce.

Like it or not, the Celtics are serious players in the 2012 free agent market, which stars Howard, Chris Paul, and Deron Williams....potentially.

Oh, and after they sign Howard, they also sign Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett to lower tier contracts so that they can end their careers in Beantown, and bring championships #19 and #20 to Boston.

Lots of options for the Celtics going forward.

a lot of what you said is true, but i promise you, Dwight will never be a Celtic

Muttman73
04-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Bulls, Lakers and Thunder all make sense for obvious reasons, not sure where he will go..but whoever get's him will definitely be a favorite to win big for the next few years.

As for all of you Rose haters out there, well there really is nothing that's going to change your minds so go on hating. When he wins the MVP and if he leads the Bulls to a title this year you will still keep finding reasons to hate. Those of us not crippled by homerism will enjoy watching him play and win for years to come, with Dwight Howard or not.

MagicHero3
04-21-2011, 11:47 AM
here is the only package of players i would take for dwight...

CP3, David West and/or Okafor

Derrick Rose

Kevin Durant and Westbrook

Lebron or Wade

Honestly i cant even think of anymore off the top of my head.

McJoe
04-21-2011, 11:51 AM
He'll stay in Orlando. He's the face and its a good team. Its not like when Bosh left Toronto, Howard likes it in Orlando.

flclfanman
04-21-2011, 11:53 AM

Derrick Rose

Lebron or Wade

Greedy much? :speechless:

ManRam
04-21-2011, 11:55 AM

Derrick Rose

Lebron or Wade

That's fair value, but when you don't have leverage, you rarely get fair value.

We're not going to get any of those players if we trade him...

flclfanman
04-21-2011, 11:59 AM

You might get wade straighup if Riley and Miami is that heartless :shrug:

JordansBulls
04-21-2011, 12:01 PM

Would you take Noah and Boozer along with a few picks from the Bulls?

ManRam
04-21-2011, 12:02 PM
You might get wade straighup if Riley and Miami is that heartless :shrug:

When have two top 5 players ever been traded for each other? It just never happens, and won't happen anytime soon. I also doubt Orlando would trade him to Miami of all teams. They'd love to ship him out West, or at least out of the SW Division...

flclfanman
04-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Would you take Noah and Boozer along with a few picks from the Bulls?

*Jedi Mind Trick*

These are the picks you are looking for :nod:

Cubs Win
04-21-2011, 12:03 PM

Derrick Rose

Lebron or Wade

Well you are going to be VERY dissapointed. :laugh2:

flclfanman
04-21-2011, 12:04 PM
When have two top 5 players ever been traded for each other? It just never happens, and won't happen anytime soon. I also doubt Orlando would trade him to Miami of all teams. They'd love to ship him out West, or at least out of the SW Division...

If Miami can get a top 3 player for a player that will be slowing down/retiring in a few years, they do it. Superstar trades are rare (last one I remember was Pre-Meltdown Francis for T-Mac) but it's possible.

ne3xchamps
04-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Dwight Howard will be a Brooklyn Net before they open up Barclays Center. Seriously.

What pieces do the nets have?? I'm not being a smarta-s Im actually not sure. didn't they give up some bargaining chips to get dwill? Again, I'm not hating I'm actually not sure since I don't follow the nets obviously.

ManRam
04-21-2011, 12:12 PM
If Miami can get a top 3 player for a player that will be slowing down/retiring in a few years, they do it. Superstar trades are rare (last one I remember was Pre-Meltdown Francis for T-Mac) but it's possible.

I think if Orlando does move Howard, they would want a younger package more suitable to rebuilding. They simply would not improve at all if they simply swapped Howard for Wade. Not at all...

I'd almost rather just blow it up, trade whoever we can for youth and picks, than trade him for a 30 year old SG.

And again, I just couldn't imagine us ever trading him to an inter-division rival.

ne3xchamps
04-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Oh and another note, if he leads the magic on like lebron, (I'm not saying he would), and actually ends up a free agent alot of teams would have a shot. Its alot more limited I think if orlando trades him. If orlando trades him, that would be insane.

chitown815
04-21-2011, 12:16 PM
could you imagine if the bulls traded rose for anyone? the fans would burn down madison street

Anon
04-21-2011, 12:18 PM
What a team can offer is meaningless. If Dwight leaves it will be for a team of his choosing. It will be like Melo with the Knicks.

chitown815
04-21-2011, 12:19 PM
What pieces do the nets have?? I'm not being a smarta-s Im actually not sure. didn't they give up some bargaining chips to get dwill? Again, I'm not hating I'm actually not sure since I don't follow the nets obviously.

not much most went to utah, and DWill will not stay, he will probaly wind up in LA or NY

CostanzaNumba0
04-21-2011, 12:19 PM
I could honestly see a stoudemire, douglas, landry fields trade for howard

ne3xchamps
04-21-2011, 12:22 PM

that actually makes some sense. although I don't know if it would be enough to get him.

chitown815
04-21-2011, 12:24 PM

and you think dwight would want that mess? him and melo with zero depth and the most overrated coach in the nba

CostanzaNumba0
04-21-2011, 12:24 PM
that actually makes some sense. although I don't know if it would be enough to get him.

I think its been a dark horse for a while now amare at least gives orlando something to work with

CostanzaNumba0
04-21-2011, 12:25 PM
and you think dwight would want that mess? him and melo with zero depth and the most overrated coach in the nba

him and melo would be as good as kobe and shaq in their prime,

RCarlson85
04-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Chicago is a possibility since we have some pieces but would Orlando trade him in-conference? I'd hope we could throw a package around Boozer and keep Noah. Slide Noah to PF.

Rose/Watson
Bogans/Brewer
Deng/Korver
Noah
Howard

With Thibs' defensive mastermind. :drool:

Not sure what all would be traded, maybe Boozer, Asik, and a few other fillers/draft picks.

No way the Bulls get Howard without giving up Boozer and Noah. Boozer and fillers isn't equal to Howard. The Magic could and would get a better deal than that from alot of teams.

ManRam
04-21-2011, 12:28 PM
him and melo would be as good as kobe and shaq in their prime,

No they wouldn't.

Kobe was better than Melo is now.
Shaq was better than Dwight is now.

And LA had a great supporting cast.

DrDre94
04-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Give up STAT?!?!? Hell no... he's been here from the start and is almost guaranteed to be here for the remainder of his contract... possibly his career.

And Howard wont be traded to the Bulls for JUST Boozer, no way I see Orlando taking that. Do you understand what Howard is and is worth? Boozer is a spec compared to him

bolts4ever
04-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Honestly i think its pretty simple IF Bynum stays relatively healthy until the 2012 deadline Dwight Howard will be in LA!!!

this is the deal

ORL gets:
C-Bynum(16.4 mil team option after next season,
PF-Odom(8.2 mil team option after next season),
Pf/C- Derrick Caracter ( young potential)
SF-Luke Walton (expiring cntrct in 2012)
PG/SG- Shannon Brown (young talent)
Plus two 1st Rd pks

LAKERS get:

C-Dwight Howard
PF- Brandon Bass
SG- JJ Ridick

SP17
04-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Bynum is a solid player (when healthy). If he was guaranteed to be healthy, sure it makes trading for him alot more mind easing but because he's never healthy he can't be counted on to be playing or be a difference maker.

With Kobe and Dwight you'd still have a championship roster until Kobe retires and have a much better piece with Howard to retool with than a mid 30's Gasol or the oft-injured Bynum.

Fisher
Kobe
Turk/Artest
Odom/Bass
Dwight

If you didn't have anyone signed past Kobe. I'm sure there would be plenty of stars at that point lined up to play with Dwight in LA. The Dwight trade (even giving up Bynum & Gasol) is better for you in the short run and long run. If I was a Lakers fan, I'd give up anybody not named Kobe to get Dwight because without Dwight your run may be done as soon as this year. With that said, I gotta crash. lol

One last addition, Bynum has a team option for 2012.. If we weren't contenders, we'd be in the same situation again with him.

It wont be better at all..Kobe's last few years would be wasted and hoping and praying some cheap veterans would help us.. If Bynum avoid and Disastrous injury Lakers would still be contenders for the next 2-3 yrs.. After that we reload..

tbomlad
04-21-2011, 12:32 PM
No they wouldn't.

Kobe was better than Melo is now.
Shaq was better than Dwight is now.

And LA had a great supporting cast.

Yeah right! What r u smoking. Concentrate on hockey!

chitown815
04-21-2011, 12:32 PM
the difference with what the Heat did and the Knicks are trying to do is. the Heat divided their money, not two guys taking the max,

and Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Carmelo
Shaq >>>>>>>>>>>>any center ever

chitown815
04-21-2011, 12:33 PM

seriously, how old are you?

SP17
04-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Honestly i think its pretty simple IF Bynum stays relatively healthy until the 2012 deadline Dwight Howard will be in LA!!!

this is the deal

ORL gets:
Plus two 1st Rd pks

LAKERS get:

C-Dwight Howard
PF- Brandon Bass
SG- JJ Ridick

LOL man..Orlando will laugh at that offer..:facepalm: And that is coming from an LA fan like me...That offer alone may not land dwight then you want them to give us bass and reddick..:(

ManRam
04-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Give up STAT?!?!? Hell no... he's been here from the start and is almost guaranteed to be here for the remainder of his contract... possibly his career.

And Howard wont be traded to the Bulls for JUST Boozer, no way I see Orlando taking that. Do you understand what Howard is and is worth? Boozer is a spec compared to him

"The start"? He's been there for a season....

You'd really rather have Amare than Dwight? Dwight wouldn't leave NY if he went there. Too big of a market to turn your back on.

I have no interest in Amare really, but still, if I were a Knick fan, I'd be drooling over the idea of trading Amare for Dwight.

ManRam
04-21-2011, 12:37 PM

Hockey? :confused:

I love Dwight. But it really takes nothing more than a pair of eyeballs to realize that Shaq was better. He was the most dominant big man I've ever seen in my life. Dwight still has some work to do to be as dominant as Shaq was.

airronijordan
04-21-2011, 12:39 PM
He'll probably end up with the Lakers via sign and trade in the 2012 off-season

ManRam
LOL man..Orlando will laugh at that offer..:facepalm: And that is coming from an LA fan like me...That offer alone may not land dwight then you want them to give us bass and reddick..:(

Yeah. LA would not be getting Redick and Bass. Maybe one, but not both. They'd have to take on one of our bigger contracts too. Maybe not Gil, but definitely Hedo.

tbomlad

this is the deal

ORL gets:
Plus two 1st Rd pks

LAKERS get:

C-Dwight Howard
PF- Brandon Bass
SG- JJ Ridick

No way!!!!! Why would Orl trade the most dominant player in the NBA, one of the best pure and clutch shooters, and a young & upcoming PF for a crippled center, an old Odom, and a bunch of junk besides Brown?!! You must be a Lakers fan to write such nonsense.

NYYCowboys
04-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Amare for Howard straight up sign and trade...trade deadline 2012... book it.

faze38
04-21-2011, 12:44 PM
He is going to NY hands down get ready! Knicks will be a dynasty!

SP17
04-21-2011, 12:45 PM

you really think orlando would want stoudamire? My guess is they will trade howard for younger players.,picks and a contract that would expire in 1 or 2 years.. Stoudemire would make them competitive and put them in the playoffs as a lower seed.. If your orlando do you really want to pay that much money so stat for early exit every year and will also give you a middler 1st rounder? I dont think so..

If Dwight leaves expect orlando to go on rebuilding mode and be a lottery team for 1-2 years until all those ****** contracts expire..

tbomlad
04-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Hockey? :confused:

I love Dwight. But it really takes nothing more than a pair of eyeballs to realize that Shaq was better. He was the most dominant big man I've ever seen in my life. Dwight still has some work to do to be as dominant as Shaq was.

with a need for eyeglasses. Both were and are dominant but Dwight's athleticism allows him to dominate in ways Shaq can only dream of. Get real! When was last time you saw Shaq run down a PG on a break and pin his layup against the backboard.

chitown815
04-21-2011, 12:50 PM
with a need for eyeglasses. Both were and are dominant but Dwight's athleticism allows him to dominate in ways Shaq can only dream of. Get real! When was last time you saw Shaq run down a PG on a break and pin his layup against the backboard.

umm give it up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewBnHq04CRg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZnq33YreBg&feature=related

BigCityofDreams
04-21-2011, 12:52 PM
umm give it up

Ether!!!!!!

tbomlad
04-21-2011, 12:53 PM
umm give it up

Those could be Dwight's highlights. What's the point? I still didn't see the play I mentioned.

SP17
04-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Yeah. LA would not be getting Redick and Bass. Maybe one, but not both. They'd have to take on one of our bigger contracts too. Maybe not Gil, but definitely Hedo.

yeah..I have been checking on the contracts the last few wiks..If Magic will trade Dwight to LA..the deal would likely involve hedo..to clear some additional cap for magic..That is also another way to entice orlando.. The Nets deal would also be complicated to do if New Jersey signs a FA this year.. Having brook as a centerpiece would require more contracts.

bolts4ever
04-21-2011, 12:56 PM

Youre insane if you think Lakers are gonna take Hedos RIDICULOUS!! contract with 3 yrs 34 mil left on it.

The reality is Odom will be an allstar in the East he makes under 9mil

this will be a tricky trade Lakers will have to give up more than Bynum to get Dwight
and magic will have to include more to pri Odom from the Lakers

i.e Bass and Ridick (overpaid but good player) lakers might take 1 of the 2

Jiggie
04-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Here we go.... Best player on the best team in the league without playing with 2 of his best players for over half the season. Only all star on that team, and most likely the MVP of the league. Yes, Rose is a top 5 player. His stats were better than Kobe's this year.

Quite possibly one of the dumbest posts on PSD to date... What the last sentence has anything to do with anything is beyond me, lol.

chitown815
04-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Those could be Dwight's highlights. What's the point? I still didn't see the play I mentioned.

Centers in Shaqs era
David Robinson
Alonzo Mourning
Patrick Ewing
Hakeem Olajuwon
Dikembe mutombo
Vlade Divac
yao
duncan
Dwight
dwight has faced some of them, but shaq all of them in their primes

RaiderLakersA's
04-21-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm starting to think that Dwight plays out his current contract in Orlando. Sure, the Magic will want to trade him, but if Dwight comes out and states that he won't sign an extension if traded and that he wants to test the FA market, most teams will take that as a sign that they don't need to trade away key pieces in order to get Dwight's services.

Greet
04-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Rose's game and Dwight's game wouldn't even mesh well. :shrug:

Dwight needs a PG who will pass the ball.

Oh and Rose being top 5 is such a joke, this kid is easily the most overrated NBA player of the last decade.

mikealike305
04-21-2011, 01:25 PM
if hes traded i have no idea.... leaves in FA. i dont think its going to be the lakers. kobe is on a decline and i dont think a duo of kobe at this age and dwight can win it all

SB75
04-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Atlanta.... look at his new tv add, just a hint.

mikealike305
04-21-2011, 01:27 PM
instead of dwight leaving, maybe he should stay and get chris paul to go over there

mRc08
04-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Rose's game and Dwight's game wouldn't even mesh well. :shrug:

Dwight needs a PG who will pass the ball.

Oh and Rose being top 5 is such a joke, this kid is easily the most overrated NBA player of the last decade.

yeah, he mad

Greet
04-21-2011, 01:34 PM
yeah, he mad

I mean I must have missed a couple years of the NBA when being an inefficient scorer, bad passer, average rebounder, under-average defender is cause for being a top 5 player in the NBA.

flclfanman
04-21-2011, 01:42 PM
I mean I must have missed a couple years of the NBA when being an inefficient scorer, bad passer, average rebounder, under-average defender is cause for being a top 5 player in the NBA.

That didn't stop people from ranking Iverson in the top 5 in his prime :laugh2:

average rebounder? Rose is the third best rebounding PG in the league behind Rondo and Westbrook.

Bad Passer? Do you want him to average 12 dimes a game? or being the only player top 10 in points and assists not enough?

I'll give you inefficient scorer, but so is Kobe and anyone not named Hennry Abbot doesn't have the balls to criticize him so :shrug:

mikealike305
04-21-2011, 01:44 PM
lol another thread turned into a rose thread. can we focus guys??

jojoe1188
04-21-2011, 01:50 PM
the celtics are going to have A LOT of cap space if resigning green doesn't cost too much. pretty sure KG and ray will come back at vet. minimums to have another couple shots at a title with dwight-rondo-green-pierce

todu82
04-21-2011, 02:15 PM
I still think he stays in Orlando especially if they start to add good pieces around him or advance far in the playoffs over the next 2 years.

ne3xchamps
04-21-2011, 02:17 PM

you must either be young, naive, or have a bad memory. Shaq IS one of the top 3 dominating centers of all time. so you are the one smoking something. watch espn classic sometime if they have games from his orlando days, you will see what we adults are talking about.

JustinLafferty
04-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Youre insane if you think Lakers are gonna take Hedos RIDICULOUS!! contract with 3 yrs 34 mil left on it.

The reality is Odom will be an allstar in the East he makes under 9mil

this will be a tricky trade Lakers will have to give up more than Bynum to get Dwight
and magic will have to include more to pri Odom from the Lakers

i.e Bass and Ridick (overpaid but good player) lakers might take 1 of the 2

You do realize that Dwight is more valuable than Odom & Bynum right? lol Like that alone is NOT a straight up trade... Dwight is a guy who ensures the Lakers will be contenders for the next 10 years. Past the next 3 that can't really be guaranteed with anyone on your roster. Your GM would take back Hedo in a heartbeat in a trade first of all because he passes better than anyone to Dwight and he's a point forward.

I don't really think Redick or overpaid either though. His contract was frontloaded by the Bulls to keep us from signing him so now his contract is only 6.5 mil.

Lake_Show2416
04-21-2011, 02:59 PM
He's coming to Hollywood where he belongs, Lakers will make a hard push for him like no other player they've pursued in the recent past

bolts4ever
04-21-2011, 05:11 PM
You do realize that Dwight is more valuable than Odom & Bynum right? lol Like that alone is NOT a straight up trade... Dwight is a guy who ensures the Lakers will be contenders for the next 10 years. Past the next 3 that can't really be guaranteed with anyone on your roster. Your GM would take back Hedo in a heartbeat in a trade first of all because he passes better than anyone to Dwight and he's a point forward.

I don't really think Redick or overpaid either though. His contract was frontloaded by the Bulls to keep us from signing him so now his contract is only 6.5 mil.

I really thunk a lot of fans are underestimating the value of both Bynum and Odom overhyping the value of Hedo Turgolu.

Though i think its a close trade I do believe ORL will have to add another player to get Odom especially if the Lakers take on Hedos ridiculous contract!

*Silver&Black*
04-21-2011, 05:17 PM
To his hometown and best friend Josh Smith and the ATL. Or L.A.

detzfish
04-21-2011, 05:27 PM
he will end up in detroit with chris paul because they envision great growth of austin daye and greg monroe.

i can dream

tbuk100
04-21-2011, 05:29 PM
D. Howard is from San Antonio and will want to come home! Go Spurs.

Parker
Ginobili
Jefferson
Duncan
Howard

j11430
04-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Didn't he already come out and say he would love to play with the celtics after being with all of them at the all-star game? I would think that's the favorite as of now, regardless of how much sense he makes with other teams

bigA9331
04-21-2011, 05:35 PM
D. Howard is from San Antonio and will want to come home! Go Spurs.

Parker
Ginobili
Jefferson
Duncan
Howard

He's from Atlanta...

Chill_Will_24
04-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Dwight will choose where he is traded and there are already rumors as to his preferred destination. He will be a Brooklyn Net or a LA Laker. My prediction is he will be traded to LA although its hard to imagine with Shaq already having done them dirty before. It all depends on Bynum staying healthy. Bynum is a very good return for Dwight and so is Brook Lopez. They dont seem attractive but its not about what ORL wants. Its always in the stars hands. If Dwight says LA or NJ then those "scrubs" suddenly become nice young pieces to rebuild with. Many ORL fans will say they would rather let him walk but thats just pride talking. Lopez is a very talented C and Bynum despite his health issues is too.

gotoHcarolina52
04-21-2011, 06:40 PM
He's from Atlanta...

I'm pretty sure he was born on South Beach . . .

Lake_Show2416
04-21-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm pretty sure he was born on South Beach . . .

Actually i heard Orange County ;)

tbomlad
04-21-2011, 07:50 PM
you must either be young, naive, or have a bad memory. Shaq IS one of the top 3 dominating centers of all time. so you are the one smoking something. watch espn classic sometime if they have games from his orlando days, you will see what we adults are talking about.

Howard just won his third straight defensive player of the year award. I don't remember Shaq accomplishing this feat. :confused: Don't embarrass yourself.

MSU4life
04-21-2011, 08:04 PM
to all the rose haters, dont act like u wouldnt die to have him on your team

Hindy27
04-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Howard just won his third straight defensive player of the year award. I don't remember Shaq accomplishing this feat. :confused: Don't embarrass yourself.
Mutombo won 4 of them, I gather he is better than Shaq too.:rolleyes:

If the choice was prime Shaq v prime Howard, anyone with a clue about basketball would pick Shaq. Howard is one of the best defenders in recent memory but Shaq is one of best players in the history of the game.

lamar2006
04-21-2011, 08:21 PM
if he is traded he will be a Laker. Bynum > than Noah. Yes, he gets injured but when healthy he is a top3 center. Noah is only a defensive minded player. Besides doesnt Dwight want to play with Kobe

Chill_Will_24
04-21-2011, 08:29 PM
if he is traded he will be a Laker. Bynum > than Noah. Yes, he gets injured but when healthy he is a top3 center. Noah is only a defensive minded player. Besides doesnt Dwight want to play with Kobe

Agree with most of this...

evadatam5150
04-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Chicago is a possibility since we have some pieces but would Orlando trade him in-conference? I'd hope we could throw a package around Boozer and keep Noah. Slide Noah to PF.

Rose/Watson
Bogans/Brewer
Deng/Korver
Noah
Howard

Not sure what all would be traded, maybe Boozer, Asik, and a few other fillers/draft picks.

Keep dreaming.. Noah and Boozer both don't even come close to what Orlando's going to want if they trade Dwight.. Period..!!! Boozer is just hurt way too much and Noah's a one trick pony.. Good edition for some rebounds and a little D but you really don't get much more than that and some hustle.. I'm not saying Dwight to the Bulls isn't ever going to happen but it's going to be much more expensive than what your wet dream has conjured up..

Just saying..

Chill_Will_24
04-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Keep dreaming.. Noah and Boozer both don't even come close to what Orlando's going to want if they trade Dwight.. Period..!!! Boozer is just hurt way too much and Noah's a one trick pony.. Good edition for some rebounds and a little D but you really don't get much more than that and some hustle.. I'm not saying Dwight to the Bulls isn't ever going to happen but it's going to be much more expensive than what your wet dream has conjured up..

Just saying..

Bulls would have to be willing to part with any player not named Rose whether they like it or not. Boozer is old and always injured and Noah is Anderson Varejao 2.0

They have nice young players to trade and a few good picks too. They could get Dwight. Problem is that the first wave of rumors indicate that Dwight is only interested in two teams and CHI is not one

tmacsc2
04-21-2011, 08:38 PM

Rose/Watson
Bogans/Brewer
Deng/Korver
Noah
Howard

how about adding t-mac to the mix as a bench player? FUDGE bogans!

vickaz07
04-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Probably go to the Pacers and team up with Hansbro

BradytoGronkTD
Boston has a lot of money coming off the books in 2012, they could be a dark horse team

Rondo, Green, and D12 for the win!

FlashMacker
I think he'll sign for the MLE (no they won't be taking it away) with the Heat.

Chalmers
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Howard

That would be sweet if he did

evadatam5150
umm give it up

Originally Posted by tbomlad

That's just a tad ignorant or you really aren't a basketball fan.. I love me some Dwight but to intimate that Shaq wasn't dominant or physical or athletic is just plain silly.. I think the problem is that most fans think of Shaq now as apposed to remembering who he was in the beginning and in his prime.. Shaq was flat out dominant in ways that Dwight is growing into now.. Dwight's career is somewhat freakishly mirroring Shaq's but make no mistake about who Shaq was and what he's accomplished in his career.. I have no doubt in the possibilities that await Dwight Howard in his NBA career, but that doesn't give anyone the right to take away what Shaq has clearly earned through out his illustrious career..

BradytoGronkTD
04-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Id take prime Shaq any day of the week over howard

tbomlad
04-21-2011, 09:14 PM
That's just a tad ignorant or you really aren't a basketball fan.. I love me some Dwight but to intimate that Shaq wasn't dominant or physical or athletic is just plain silly.. I think the problem is that most fans think of Shaq now as apposed to remembering who he was in the beginning and in his prime.. Shaq was flat out dominant in ways that Dwight is growing into now.. Dwight's career is somewhat freakishly mirroring Shaq's but make no mistake about who Shaq was and what he's accomplished in his career.. I have no doubt in the possibilities that await Dwight Howard in his NBA career, but that doesn't give anyone the right to take away what Shaq has clearly earned through out his illustrious career..

Wait, wait, wait, I never said Shaq was not a dominant or physical player. In fact I said the opposite. I went to many of games when Shaq was with the Magic. I know how dominant Shaq was back in the day and throughout his career so that's not the problem. The problem is comparing Shaq's entire career to Dwight's seven years. The bottom line is 10 years from now if everyone is giving an unbiased opinion, no one will say Shaq was a more dominant player than Dwight Howard. I will go as far as to say, barring any major injury, when Dwight's career is all said and done he'll be remembered as the greatest (big man). The problem is that the Magic need to get him a superstar to play with like Shaq had Penny, Kobe, and D-Wade. If the Magic can't land one then I would love to see Howard join Rose. And if Howard carries this current Magic team to a title this year then I'll put him as the greatest right NOW!! lol

sportscrazed
04-21-2011, 09:51 PM
He's most likely going to LA, but from what my sources told me there is still a slight chance he stays in Orlando.

Also hearing he is sort of interested in Chicago and not interested in New Jersey

Chill_Will_24
04-21-2011, 10:06 PM
He's most likely going to LA, but from what my sources told me there is still a slight chance he stays in Orlando.

Also hearing he is sort of interested in Chicago and not interested in New Jersey

Broussard? is that you???

JB0B0
04-21-2011, 10:08 PM

My sources (common sense) are telling me the same.

JWO35
04-21-2011, 10:22 PM
Dwight was born and raised in the motor-city, he played HS basketball with fellow Detroiter Chris Paul...I'll be shocked if he doesn't sign with his favorite team growing up, The Detroit Pistons

Oh and his favorite rapper is Eminem :D

cypherthor
04-21-2011, 10:30 PM
I think he goes to Huston. Huston loves their centers and they probably will give up the most assets to Orlando. I still kind of think he stays in Orlando though.

tkshy
04-21-2011, 10:38 PM
LA Lakers trade 1st round pick and Bynum for Howard.
then trade Odom and Blake for Paul.

Done. Done.

PG-CP3
SG-Kobe
SF-Artest
PF-Gasol
C-Howard

The Final Boss
04-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Clowns.

NYYCowboys
04-22-2011, 12:55 PM
If Nets fans think the Magic will accept that joke Brook Lopez for Howard they are out of their minds. He can score and that's about it. He's one of the worst rebounding centers maybe ever, and his defense is awful. It's going to take A LOT more than him to pry Howard away from the Magic especially if the Lakers offer a package centered around Bynum.

trentman1155
04-22-2011, 01:24 PM
HE IS GOING TO THE CELTICS!:clap:

Rondo/West/Arroyo
Green/Walfer/
Pierce
Garnet/Davis
Howard/Nenad Kristic

chitown815
04-22-2011, 01:25 PM
LA Lakers trade 1st round pick and Bynum for Howard.
then trade Odom and Blake for Paul.

Done. Done.

PG-CP3
SG-Kobe
SF-Artest
PF-Gasol
C-Howard

why not just trade walton and artest for lebron or durant while you at it

chitown815
04-22-2011, 01:26 PM

Rondo/West/Arroyo
Green/Walfer/
Pierce
Garnet/Davis
Howard/Nenad Kristic

wont happen
Lakers Bulls or Magic

ManRam
04-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Dwight was born and raised in the motor-city, he played HS basketball with fellow Detroiter Chris Paul...I'll be shocked if he doesn't sign with his favorite team growing up, The Detroit Pistons

Not sure if this is serious...

None of this is true. Literally none of it.

jezzyman05
04-22-2011, 01:31 PM

Where the hell did you get info info from ESPN ? :facepalm:

Dwight Howard was born in Atlanta, Georgia, played his high school ball in SW ATLANTA Christian Academy and then the Orlando Magic...

Chris Paul (one of my favorite players outside the spurs) was born in Lewisville, NC played his high school ball at West Forsyth High School, where he almost broke the state record by scoring 61 points in a game honoring his grandfather who died a few days before that game, and went to Wake Forest

If your trying to be funny...it's not working please think before you post crap like this

JustinLafferty
04-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Where the hell did you get info info from ESPN ? :facepalm:

Dwight Howard was born in Atlanta, Georgia, played his high school ball in SW ATLANTA Christian Academy and then the Orlando Magic...

Chris Paul (one of my favorite players outside the spurs) was born in Lewisville, NC played his high school ball at West Forsyth High School, where he almost broke the state record by scoring 61 points in a game honoring his grandfather who died a few days before that game, and went to Wake Forest

If your trying to be funny...it's not working please think before you post crap like this

I'm pretty sure that was a joke. A couple pages back there was a guy that was serious I'm pretty sure and said he was from somewhere else so a few more added on fake ones about their own city.

jezzyman05
04-22-2011, 01:42 PM
why not just trade walton and artest for lebron or durant while you at it

I know right the Magic will not trade Dwight, they are going to try and give him what he wants, if Dwight leaves Orlando Im not sure the Lakers will hard a hard time afforing him, I don't know the Lakers cap situation, but with Kobe and Gasol, Bynum and Artest I sure that will chew up alot of thier cap space, and if it dosen't then after the new CBA I'm sure it will.

When Howard becomes a free agent you got the Celtics, Spurs, Rockets, Brooklyn, Clippers all having massive contracts off the books (top 3 being the Celtics, Spurs, and Brooklyn) and can offer more than the Lakers could, something to think about for those "he coming to LA" fans.... my prediction is he stays in Orlando, and to be honest with you he has not giving any indication to think otherwise.

jezzyman05
04-22-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm pretty sure that was a joke. A couple pages back there was a guy that was serious I'm pretty sure and said he was from somewhere else so a few more added on fake ones about their own city.

Ya I just saw that thanks I got really really heated about it :)

gotoHcarolina52
04-22-2011, 01:51 PM

LOL! Holy ****, your sig is the best one I've see on this entire site.

gotoHcarolina52
04-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Dwight Howard will be signing with the Miami Heat.

Chill_Will_24
04-22-2011, 08:48 PM
If Nets fans think the Magic will accept that joke Brook Lopez for Howard they are out of their minds. He can score and that's about it. He's one of the worst rebounding centers maybe ever, and his defense is awful. It's going to take A LOT more than him to pry Howard away from the Magic especially if the Lakers offer a package centered around Bynum.

Your an idiot. If Dwight demands a trade to the Nets, Brook will suddenly look a lot better. If he damands a trade to LA, so will Bynum. If he damands a trade to CHI so will Noah... get it? Its not about what ORL wants. Only idiotic teams give up a kings ransom for one player... oh wait...

Deron Williams is already talking about staying in NJ and he is a definite draw for other players. If you dont think Dwight would be intrigued to play with a top 2 pg then i dont know what to say to you.

Anyway i still predict Dwight will be a Laker

BALLER71
04-22-2011, 08:55 PM
mid level ? for howard ? he will be looking for a very lucrative deal. mid level dosnt scratch the surface of what he will get. wait why am i responding to this, you cant be serious.

.... lol.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Favorites would have to be Boston, LA and Orlando. Darkhorse: Nets.

NJ Raven
04-22-2011, 10:01 PM
He's going to LA or staying in ORL. He isn't coming to the Nets.

Draco
04-22-2011, 11:09 PM
If Dwight comes to the Bulls for some combo of Noah/Boozer and fillers then it's over for the rest of the NBA. Best inside, outside combo in the NBA by a wide margin. I've been on that bandwagon for a while.

northsid3r
04-22-2011, 11:26 PM
If Dwight comes to the Bulls for some combo of Noah/Boozer and fillers then it's over for the rest of the NBA. Best inside, outside combo in the NBA by a wide margin. I've been on that bandwagon for a while.

what ever it takes to bring him to Chicago and team up with Rose. get it done GarPax

JB0B0
04-22-2011, 11:29 PM
Favorites would have to be Chicago, LA and Orlando. Darkhorse: Nets.

Fixed.

lakerboy
04-22-2011, 11:51 PM
Bynum please don't get injured. If he doesn't get injured this playoffs we might have Dwight as soon as the summer.

Sportfan
04-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Brook>Bynum without a doubt.

SugeKnight
04-23-2011, 12:26 AM
He is going to the warriors for the vet minimum. duh

Curry
Ellis
Wright
Lee
Howard

BSF101
04-23-2011, 12:29 AM
I maybe bias here, But I think Boston should go after him.

Ray, Piece and KG ain't gonna be around forever. Shaq will likely play one more season.

So I see it like this

Pierce

Allen

KG

Rondo

Howard.

One can dream.

Trueblue2
04-23-2011, 12:40 AM

Really???

HouRealCoach
04-23-2011, 12:45 AM
I hope he goes to NY

TheRunKiller
04-23-2011, 01:03 AM
lol @ all those people getting scared just thinking about rose/howard on the same team.

Lakers + Giants
04-23-2011, 01:11 AM
If lakers don't win it all this year I do expect them to go hard for Howard. Bynum for Howard works straight up, not saying it will happen but lakers will try it and at least orlando won't lose Howard for nothing and get back a great C with a 14 mil expiring contract next year.

gaughan333
04-23-2011, 01:36 AM
dwight howard will be signing with the miami heat.

nope

THE MTL
04-23-2011, 01:45 AM
Its not like any of the good teams have "MASSIVE" cap room. Dwight Howard wont have Carmelo's flexibility because whatever team he wants CANNOT sign in free agency thus taking alot of power away.

If he wants LAL......they got no cap for him, so ORL could just reject all offers. And if Dwight refuses to resign its not like he can go to the Lakers in the offseason, he would be going somewhere like Minny

TheRunKiller
04-23-2011, 01:56 AM
nope

Heat fans think they are getting everybody lol

mohye
04-23-2011, 02:02 AM
If he gets traded i see him going to the Lakers... something in the ballpark of Odom and Bynum for Turk and D12 should get the deal done.

lakers4sho
04-23-2011, 02:07 AM
Its not like any of the good teams have "MASSIVE" cap room. Dwight Howard wont have Carmelo's flexibility because whatever team he wants CANNOT sign in free agency thus taking alot of power away.

If he wants LAL......they got no cap for him, so ORL could just reject all offers. And if Dwight refuses to resign its not like he can go to the Lakers in the offseason, he would be going somewhere like Minny

Orlando gets nothing in return

mohye
04-23-2011, 02:10 AM

What an idiot!!! lemme guess your gonna show stats to prove this right?? Remember Lopez plays for a team thats happy to win 20 games a year.. Bynum plays for the 2 time defending champs and is the 4th option on this team:facepalm:

JiffyMix88
04-23-2011, 02:19 AM
Dwight will join Chris Paul in Charlotte to play for the Bobcats

flclfanman
04-23-2011, 02:27 AM
Dwight will join Chris Paul in Charlotte to play for the Bobcats

Just to get traded 2 years later for some crappy draft pick deal? :laugh2:MJ seems to have no problem trading his top players for Garbage

cough* Felton,Wallace*cough

P-O-Z
04-23-2011, 02:33 AM
I expect him to come out and announce its been a lifelong dream to play for the t-wolves

JiffyMix88
04-23-2011, 03:52 AM
Just to get traded 2 years later for some crappy draft pick deal? :laugh2:MJ seems to have no problem trading his top players for Garbage

cough* Felton,Wallace*cough

He was freeing up space to sign Paul and another superstar(howard). CP actually wants to play in his hometown

SP17
04-23-2011, 08:57 AM
I want to post this again for people who dont know some **** here...

As of right now if Dwight tells the magic he will use his ETO..some teams come to my mind..

First and foremost New Jersey
They can use brook as centerpiece, lakers 1st rounder this year.,another early 1st rounder and another middle 1st rounder next year since I think they will be in the playoffs next year. Problem with NJ is if they sign a FA this year they will use that cap space and trading for dwight and matching salaries will be difficult since brook is payed at a cheap salary.They need to add 1-2 more players to match salaries.

As for the Lakers.,Bynum is a good trade chip if healthy problem with that health is always a suspect with him.. Lakers have some assets in ebanks,caracter and 2 future 1st.. Not a pretty good offer but decent.. Also I think magic would like to add another bad contract to that deal..But bynum,ebanks,caracter and picks deal would not be a salary problem.

As for Chicago,any deal for dwight will make noah as centerpiece, add the 2 late 1st rounders this year, bulls pick next year and the charlotte pick which is lottery protected until 2015.. also a decent return but I think noah is more suited for a defensive team rather than be a building block for a team rebuilding.. Also pls dont add boozer.. His big contract is another thing the magic wants to avoid with gilbert already in their hands..

Other teams like Sacto and Houston also have some decent picks and prospects but the problem with that is would dwight want to be with an unproven team and risk more years not contending..

If the magic gets eliminated this year rumors will spread in magic kingdom for the whole offseason...

SP17
04-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Another team I forgot is OKC..I"m pretty sure they would trade anybody from their team not name Durant to get a player like dwight..

mikealike305
04-23-2011, 09:19 AM
i think hes going to retire

Niro
04-23-2011, 09:58 AM
i think hes going to retire

this

Minimal
04-23-2011, 10:02 AM
I say he stays in Orlando, he ain't leaving Stan, period.

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 10:45 AM
I want to post this again for people who dont know some **** here...

As of right now if Dwight tells the magic he will use his ETO..some teams come to my mind..

First and foremost New Jersey
They can use brook as centerpiece, lakers 1st rounder this year.,another early 1st rounder and another middle 1st rounder next year since I think they will be in the playoffs next year. Problem with NJ is if they sign a FA this year they will use that cap space and trading for dwight and matching salaries will be difficult since brook is payed at a cheap salary.They need to add 1-2 more players to match salaries.

As for the Lakers.,Bynum is a good trade chip if healthy problem with that health is always a suspect with him.. Lakers have some assets in ebanks,caracter and 2 future 1st.. Not a pretty good offer but decent.. Also I think magic would like to add another bad contract to that deal..But bynum,ebanks,caracter and picks deal would not be a salary problem.

As for Chicago,any deal for dwight will make noah as centerpiece, add the 2 late 1st rounders this year, bulls pick next year and the charlotte pick which is lottery protected until 2015.. also a decent return but I think noah is more suited for a defensive team rather than be a building block for a team rebuilding.. Also pls dont add boozer.. His big contract is another thing the magic wants to avoid with gilbert already in their hands..

Other teams like Sacto and Houston also have some decent picks and prospects but the problem with that is would dwight want to be with an unproven team and risk more years not contending..

If the magic gets eliminated this year rumors will spread in magic kingdom for the whole offseason...

I agree with your entire post including OKC. LA HAS to be the favorites. This is a players league now so the superstars ALWAYS get their wish ultimately. If Dwights first choice is LA, he will be in LA. Also lets not forget LAC. Rumors are swirling that the reason Dwight wants LA is NOT because its the Lakers. Hes wants to play in Hollywood cuz he has acting aspirations. Sure he wants to win but who is to say that a a front court of Griffin and Dwight will not dominate the league with Gordon making plays?

killbumdeluxe13
04-23-2011, 11:25 AM
I think he'll go to Boston. It would require him to waive his player option for the 2012 season, so depending on how much salaries are effected by the new CBA this could all change. I think Howard is scheduled to make like 19 million that year if he chooses to stay with Orlando. However, I thought this was partially the reason Boston traded Perk, Ainge is slowly gearing up for when the Big 3 retire. They got Jeff Green who will be a very good replacement for an aging Pierce, and created room in their front court to sign another big time player. Before the 2012 season Garnett's and Allen's contracts expire, I'm assuming they'll retire at that point, I don't think Boston would resign them. That would give Boston plenty of room to sign Howard as their new center, and I think the opportunity to play with Rondo would be enough to entice Howard to sign with Boston. Orlando's pg's have been consistently criticized for not getting the ball to Dwight enough, and Dwight himself has been criticized for not taking enough shots. Rondo will absolutely be able to get him the ball and those two could create an extremely formidable duo. As a Bulls fan I like the idea of having Howard alongside Rose, but I dont think the front office will trade for him, and given the opportunity I think Howard would choose to play with Rondo instead of Rose because of the aforementioned knocks against him and his team.

SP17
04-23-2011, 11:47 AM
I agree with your entire post including OKC. LA HAS to be the favorites. This is a players league now so the superstars ALWAYS get their wish ultimately. If Dwights first choice is LA, he will be in LA. Also lets not forget LAC. Rumors are swirling that the reason Dwight wants LA is NOT because its the Lakers. Hes wants to play in Hollywood cuz he has acting aspirations. Sure he wants to win but who is to say that a a front court of Griffin and Dwight will not dominate the league with Gordon making plays?

me too..I agree with most of your post..with reagrd to to the clips I know they have a pretty good team with blake and gordon but as a superstar do you really want to play for a 2nd team in LA? we all know lakers will always be the team for LA and with sterling as your owner that team would suck in the near future.

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 11:52 AM
me too..I agree with most of your post..with reagrd to to the clips I know they have a pretty good team with blake and gordon but as a superstar do you really want to play for a 2nd team in LA? we all know lakers will always be the team for LA and with sterling as your owner that team would suck in the near future.

I dont think thats relevant because then why would Howard be considering the Brooklyn Nets? idc how much hype their billion dollar arena id getting or how much better Deron Williams is than Melo or STAT; the Nets will ALWAYS be the second team in NY.

JB0B0
04-23-2011, 11:53 AM
I think he'll go to Boston. It would require him to waive his player option for the 2012 season, so depending on how much salaries are effected by the new CBA this could all change. I think Howard is scheduled to make like 19 million that year if he chooses to stay with Orlando. However, I thought this was partially the reason Boston traded Perk, Ainge is slowly gearing up for when the Big 3 retire. They got Jeff Green who will be a very good replacement for an aging Pierce, and created room in their front court to sign another big time player. Before the 2012 season Garnett's and Allen's contracts expire, I'm assuming they'll retire at that point, I don't think Boston would resign them. That would give Boston plenty of room to sign Howard as their new center, and I think the opportunity to play with Rondo would be enough to entice Howard to sign with Boston. Orlando's pg's have been consistently criticized for not getting the ball to Dwight enough, and Dwight himself has been criticized for not taking enough shots. Rondo will absolutely be able to get him the ball and those two could create an extremely formidable duo. As a Bulls fan I like the idea of having Howard alongside Rose, but I dont think the front office will trade for him, and given the opportunity I think Howard would choose to play with Rondo instead of Rose because of the aforementioned knocks against him and his team.

Why would he choose Boston over Chicago? Chicago finished with a better record, has an emerging superstar/MVP, great role players, AND they're still young. Boston has an aging team and Rondo/Green/Howard would not be enough to contend for a title.

killbumdeluxe13
04-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Because Derrick Rose isn't the pass first pg that Rondo is. I would think Howard would prefer Rondo over Rose.

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Why would he choose Boston over Chicago? Chicago finished with a better record, has an emerging superstar/MVP, great role players, AND they're still young. Boston has an aging team and Rondo/Green/Howard would not be enough to contend for a title.

I agree. CHI is the best fit basketball wise. Although i give more props to your amazing coach than your players. Out of all your players i only feel like Rose is the only player that is unreplaceable and even HE is kind of overrated by the media. He's an amazing talent but far from efficient. Intelligent basketball fans can also see that his assist numbers only mask the truth that he's kind of a ball hog similar to Lebron. Would still kill to have him on my team :D Dwight is the MVP imo with Rose coming in second.

Anyway on topic yes, if im Dwight i choose CHI just because of the potential dynasy that would form. Imagine losing only Noah and role players for the best C in the league?

If only it were just basketball that drives players. Dwight will go to the Lakers and they have a better package to offer than CHI

SP17
04-23-2011, 12:06 PM

you know what I agree with most of your points because before I really expected dwight to end with the C's but a poster said dwight dont prefer Boston and having rondo would be the same as having deron in your team with williams the better player of the 2..(just my opinion though so its a wash) another reason is if the magic decides to trade dwight before he can exercise that eto I dont think the C's have anything to entice the magic lyk LA,nets or bulls..I expect dwight to be with another team by feb next year.

SP17
04-23-2011, 12:11 PM
I dont think thats relevant because then why would Howard be considering the Brooklyn Nets? idc how much hype their billion dollar arena id getting or how much better Deron Williams is than Melo or STAT; the Nets will ALWAYS be the second team in NY.

because as most mets fan say their arena is the best.. dont know about that but they do have the assets to land dwight..only disadvantage they play in the same conference.

SP17
04-23-2011, 12:16 PM

I agree that if given a choice he will pick chicago over boston..problem with that is I think D12 will be traded before he can use that eto and boston will not be his first choice..Another reason is salaries should be enough so another player plus noah should be in in the package..

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 12:23 PM
because as most mets fan say their arena is the best.. dont know about that but they do have the assets to land dwight..only disadvantage they play in the same conference.

In that i DO agree. The Nets def have the pieces. Lopez gets a lot of unfair treatment on this site. Im no fan of his but i feel its unfair that his rebounding numbers alone have made everyone consider him a bum without knowing his story. I feel his bout with mononucleosis affected his strength and his conditioning. He lost soo much weight prior to the season because of it. He averaged 8 boards per his first two years and now suddenly hes the worst rebounding C in the league? I dont buy it. An off season of bulking up and he'll retun to form. Ppl also point to his lack of defense. Defense can be taught and hes only 22y old i believe so he can still learn. I think his team relies so heavely on him for offense that he doesnt play aggressive on D to avoid fouls.

ORL should def want him but who knows cuz Bynum is still the better of the two imo

killbumdeluxe13
04-23-2011, 12:24 PM
i agree if the nets keep Dwill then that probably is more enticing than playing with Rondo. But, the nets will always be second fiddle to the Knicks and Dwill has yet to be locked up past next season. Boston has history on their side with their championship pedigree.

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 12:28 PM
i agree if the nets keep Dwill then that probably is more enticing than playing with Rondo. But, the nets will always be second fiddle to the Knicks and Dwill has yet to be locked up past next season. Boston has history on their side with their championship pedigree.

:clap: Until DWill signs on the line, there is nothing enticing about the Nets. Their new arena? Dwight has that... the NY market? Knicks are still number 1 in NY and always will... winning? CHI and LA are the best fit there... i disagree about BOS thou. I believe i read somewhere that Dwight was quoted as saying he hated the Celtics

DoMeFavors
04-23-2011, 12:30 PM

Worst rebounding centers ever? He needs surgery on his arm in the summer it caused pain. Last season he avg nearly 9 a game. I dont know how one season makes him the worst rebounding center ever.
Amare isnt a good rebounder either.

*Superman*
04-23-2011, 12:48 PM
An hour prior to Friday’s Game 3, Orlando’s Dwight Howard playfully confronted an ESPN reporter about the validity of his claims that the superstar center would be traded from the Magic this summer.

Howard wondered aloud to ESPN’s Ric Bucher about his reports in weekly chats that he would be traded by a Magic franchise fearful of losing him in free agency after the 2011-12 season with no compensation in return. Howard can become an unrestricted free agent after next season.

``If I’m getting traded, tell me where I’m going?’’ Howard said. ``Let me call my agent and tell him where I’m going.’’

Bucher said on Friday in an ESPN chat that ``I'm not reporting that Dwight will be traded this summer. I believe he will be based on what I’m hearing. … Anyone saying he categorically doesn’t want to leave Orlando, I have one question for you: Why hasn’t he signed his extension? It makes absolutely no fiscal sense not to with the looming lockout. I don’t care what he says; I care what he does. And what he’s doing is leaving his options open.’’

As he was balking at Bucher’s suggestions that he was following Shaquille O’Neal’s path from Orlando to Los Angeles and questioning the suggestions that he would be open to playing in a big media market such as L.A., New York or Chicago, Howard then shed some light on his thinking about his pending free agency.

``The biggest market of all is outside of the United States,’’ Howard said. ``In today’s NBA you can get anything you want (in terms of endorsements) and you don’t have to play in a big market.’’

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton_notes_042211.html

jim51990
04-23-2011, 12:49 PM
he will be in celtic green
him and rondo will be a dynamic force
bill russell will be big in convincing him to boston
i dont say this because im a celtics fan because i dont like dwight but i truly believe it will happen

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Worst rebounding centers ever? He needs surgery on his arm in the summer it caused pain. Last season he avg nearly 9 a game. I dont know how one season makes him the worst rebounding center ever.Amare isnt a good rebounder either.

Agreed... cant believe i said that...

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 01:05 PM
http://www.nba.com/magic/news/denton_notes_042211.html

Dwight is the best... :D

*Superman*
04-23-2011, 01:14 PM
In my best, non-homer opinion, I KNOW he wants to stay with Orlando. He wouldn't trash talk James so much, and then eventually pull one. If he does, I will lose respect for him. No one on our team is preforming in the playoffs besides him it has to be frustrating. If the Magic can better this team, bring in a SG that can penetrate and score on their own, I think he has an even better chance of resigning. Hell if Arenas gets back to his old shape over the off-season that might be enough. All he wants to do is help THIS team win a championship. I think he turns out to be a Duncan/Garnett player rather than James/Anthony, who left their teams. Hopefully the Magic put pieces around him and don't leave him like Garnett in Minny.

flips333
04-23-2011, 01:16 PM
A noah, Gibson package might workto bring him to chicago.

I could see lopez and _____ not shure what goes in there to send him to jersey.

The bynum thing... I don't know why anyone would trade for him... He gets hurt every year. I'd rather have Lopez, or noah just cause then at least... Ya know what ya got.

DoMeFavors
04-23-2011, 01:17 PM
In my best, non-homer opinion, I KNOW he wants to stay with Orlando. He wouldn't trash talk James so much, and then eventually pull one. If he does, I will lose respect for him. No one on our team is preforming in the playoffs besides him it has to be frustrating. If the Magic can better this team, bring in a SG that can penetrate and score on their own, I think he has an even better chance of resigning. Hell if Arenas gets back to his old shape over the off-season that might be enough. All he wants to do is help THIS team win a championship. I think he turns out to be a Duncan/Garnett player rather than James/Anthony, who left their teams. Hopefully the Magic put pieces around him and don't leave him like Garnett in Minny.

I think its going to get much better in Orlandos case, for a long time the magic have Hedo and Arenas under contract and not a lot of teams are going to trade for those guys, if any. Jameer can be traded for something but thats about it.

j-bay
04-23-2011, 01:19 PM
how about mcgee for howard

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 01:38 PM
A noah, Gibson package might workto bring him to chicago.

I could see lopez and _____ not shure what goes in there to send him to jersey.

The bynum thing... I don't know why anyone would trade for him... He gets hurt every year. I'd rather have Lopez, or noah just cause then at least... Ya know what ya got.

no it wont... not even close

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 01:40 PM
I think its going to get much better in Orlandos case, for a long time the magic have Hedo and Arenas under contract and not a lot of teams are going to trade for those guys, if any. Jameer can be traded for something but thats about it.

:confused:

RadiantShot
04-23-2011, 01:56 PM
He's not going anywhere. Hold your high-horses.

allSUAVE
04-23-2011, 01:58 PM
the only team that can acquire him in a trade realistically

1)lakers
2)bulls

and that's the only team I see him playing for anyways if he leaves orlando

RadiantShot
04-23-2011, 02:00 PM
how about mcgee for howard

Oh, nice.

JerseysFinest
04-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Where I see Howard going, if he does not stay with the Magic, logically speaking is the New Jersey Nets.

People like to bash Brook Lopez as a centerpiece of any deal, without realizing the 23 year old kid has been playing with a calcium deposit in his arm which when he faced contact caused pain, and was still recovering from a late summer contraction of mononucleosis. Pundits nationwide regarded Lopez as a rising future top 5 center last season, and an off year causes the media to believe he's a soft and worthless big man.

Nets also will most likely include double double machine Kris Humphries as well, a very good asset to have on your side (a very scrappy and hard-working player). Plus, as a bonus, you get Kim Kardashian courtside at the games :) . Nets also have picks in the this draft and the draft's upcoming. One advantage the Nets have as well is that they're under the cap, and therefore can trade for Howard without matching salaries, something the Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, or Knicks can do.

allSUAVE
04-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Where I see Howard going, if he does not stay with the Magic, logically speaking is the New Jersey Nets.

People like to bash Brook Lopez as a centerpiece of any deal, without realizing the 23 year old kid has been playing with a calcium deposit in his arm which when he faced contact caused pain, and was still recovering from a late summer contraction of mononucleosis. Pundits nationwide regarded Lopez as a rising future top 5 center last season, and an off year causes the media to believe he's a soft and worthless big man.

Nets also will most likely include double double machine Kris Humphries as well, a very good asset to have on your side (a very scrappy and hard-working player). Nets also have picks in the this draft and the draft's upcoming. One advantage the Nets have as well is that they're under the cap, and therefore can trade for Howard without matching salaries, something the Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, or Knicks can do.

stop reading after that! :facepalm:

JerseysFinest
04-23-2011, 02:16 PM
stop reading after that! :facepalm:

Right, your absolutely right. Logically speaking, he'll take the Mid Level Exception to play with the Knicks, because the Knicks are the best basketball team on the planet. I mean, playing with arguably the best point guard in the league? Please, Madison Square Garden, Carmelo, and Stoudemire all day every day. Then, Chris Paul will sign for the veteran's minimum, then the Knicks will really be the best team on the planet! No one will mess with the Knicks man, real talk.

allSUAVE
04-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Right, your absolutely right. Logically speaking, he'll take the Mid Level Exception to play with the Knicks, because the Knicks are the best basketball team on the planet. I mean, playing with arguably the best point guard in the league? Please, Madison Square Garden, Carmelo, and Stoudemire all day every day. Then, Chris Paul will sign for the veteran's minimum, then the Knicks will really be the best team on the planet! No one will mess with the Knicks man, real talk.

who said anything about the knicks guy!?

i said

1)bulls
2)lakers

realistically have better offers.

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 02:23 PM

Evry on wntz 2 take der j train str8 2 da guhhhhhdan....:D

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 02:24 PM

i said

1)bulls
2)lakers

You must hope so... cuz Deron Williams and Dwight Howard would run NY

allSUAVE
04-23-2011, 02:26 PM

I Mean even when we suck we have people in jersey coming to the garden.

that's WINNING if you ask me (Charlie sheen voice)

allSUAVE
04-23-2011, 02:28 PM
You must hope so... cuz Deron Williams and Dwight Howard would run NY

and the arena will still be empty

JerseysFinest
04-23-2011, 02:30 PM

i said

1)bulls
2)lakers

The Bulls would presumably offer Noah, Boozer, Gibson, draft picks, cash for Howard. That is a very good deal, but in all honesty that cripples the Magic from making any further roster moves since Noah and Boozer are on 5 year deals making a lot of money. The Magic aren'e sending anyone out besides Howard either.

The Lakers are the same. Except with Andrew Bynum's injury history, you have to have concerns. Yesterday we saw he either tweaked or hurt his knee, and he was a complete non-factor the rest of the game. The Magic are dealing their franchise player, they cannot imperil their future success by taking on a guy who has issues staying healthy.

Lopez is still on his rookie deal and his performance with the team will judge how much they'll offer him. The Nets have salary cap space this upcoming offseason as well, and therefore can absorb say Turkoglu as well in order to free up room on Orlando's books. And no other team is guaranteeing Kim Kardashian appearances courtside other than the Nets :cool:

assisi805
04-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Thunder

JerseysFinest
04-23-2011, 02:34 PM
hilarious lol

Don't turn this thread into a turf war, this is about Dwight Howard's free agency predictions. By the way, let's be real here: the best point guard in the league other than Rose and the best center on the same team would draw an empty arena?

RadiantShot
04-23-2011, 02:35 PM
I've got a great idea. How about Dwight Howard stays in Orlando, and we laugh.

BigCityofDreams
04-23-2011, 02:41 PM
He was freeing up space to sign Paul and another superstar(howard). CP actually wants to play in his hometown

I didn't know his hometown is NY lol

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 02:45 PM

Of course... NJ has the worst fan base in sports while the NY is the best. Thats why Brooklyn is such a big deal for the NBA. Brooklyn has the largest population in NY. The Barclays Center will be sold out every night with JUST Deron Williams and competitive play.

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 02:47 PM
and the arena will still be empty

I highly doubt that but i guess thats your opinion. I still believe that Nets fans are dreaming and Dwight will be a Laker. They have the best package to offer in addition to it being his preferrd destination.

*Superman*
04-23-2011, 02:47 PM
^^I think Dwight in your sig is saying "Why the hell would I go to the Nets?"

;)

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 02:55 PM
hilarious lol

Don't turn this thread into a turf war, this is about Dwight Howard's free agency predictions. By the way, let's be real here: the best point guard in the league other than Rose and the best center on the same team would draw an empty arena?

Disagree. Rose is the better player by far and would own possibly ANY player in a one on one pickup game... but... hes not the best PG. I dont think he ever will be based on his style of play. Hes a SG in a PG body like Iverson. His assist numbers are a smokescreen and intelligent observers would notice that hes nowhere near elite at setting up his teammates or elevating others.

1.Chris Paul
2.Deron Williams
3.Derrick Rose

Again thats only in regards to the PG ranks. I truly believe Rose is the better player out of the three of them overall and he fully deserves to be in the MVP talks

RadiantShot
04-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Let's take a look at this, as if it were a court-case, shall we? Dwight Howard is being convicted of moving cities, or being traded. Until proven guilty, I don't think anyone can say he'll be moving from Orlando, to continue his career elsewhere. Below are two great examples of things Dwight has said, regarding Orlando.

It's clear Dwight Howard loves Orlando. There's no doubt about that. I think people overrule the fact that we've made efforts to continuously get better as a team, and that Otis is in the cut to do nearly anything Dwight wants, in order for him to stay. That's one thing.

As Superman said, if he's already previously trashed the king for leaving Cleveland, it would make next-to-no-sense to leave, and follow in the foot-steps and direction LeBron did.

I think Dwight is a humble guy, and I think HE, more than everyone wants to build his legacy in Orlando. I think regardless of him wanting to win a championship, he wants to do it in Orlando. That's the key to all of this. I just can't quite see him pulling a LeBron stunt. I felt like all along, the legacy of LeBron was ruined from leaving Cleveland to venture off to Miami, and I can't see how Dwight would trail that.

In all honesty, he wants to win in Orlando. I think as long as our organization is willing to respect Howard's requests, we should be just fine. Like I said, until someone can absolutely prove he wants to move somewhere else, everything else is invalid. Period.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2011/03/dwight-howard-to-jimmy-fallon-i-want-to-stay-i-love-orlando.html

Fallon: “Can you come to New York? Come on, come to New York. It’ll be fun!”
Howard: “I’ll come to New York when we play the Knicks.”
Fallon: “Oh, come on! Are you going to stay? Are you going to stay in Orlando?”
Howard: “I want to stay. I love Orlando. It’s a beautiful, beautiful city and I have a nice, two-bedroom house there.”
Fallon: “Oh, yeah. It’s a nice studio apartment, I’m sure.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2011/03/dwight-howard-i-want-to-finish-my-career-here.html

“I love Orlando. The city has been very good to me and I would love to finish my career here. I want to win a championship and I want to win it in Orlando,” Howard said on the Dan Patrick Show Monday morning.

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 03:00 PM
I've got a great idea. How about Dwight Howard stays in Orlando, and we laugh.

Well CLE fans were fully prepared to do the same to all those silly Bulls, Nets, Clippers, Knicks, and Heat fans but yea... i dont think they are laughing THAT hard...

*Superman*
04-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Magic center Dwight Howard said he is annoyed by the recent talk about his contract and the possibility he would leave Orlando when he becomes a free agent.

Howard expounded on some recent Twitter comments Tuesday morning at the Magic's practice before Tuesday night's game against the Los Angeles Clippers.

He said his situation should not be compared to what happened with Miami's LeBron James or what is going on with Denver's Carmelo Anthony because they "have nothing to do with Dwight Howard."

Howard said he's "really tired of" the contract talk and that he wants "to help this franchise win a championship."

Howard's current contract runs through the 2012-13 season, but he could utilize an early termination option and become a free agent after next season.

"Yeah, I am annoyed," Howard said. "I can't sign a contract this year. I can't sign anywhere this summer, so why keep bringing it up? Why are people talking about me going any other place right now? Right now is about this season. It's not about L.A., New York or whatever. I'm really tired of it. I don't wanna be talking about where I'm gonna be playing basketball next or people in Orlando asking me 'Are you going to leave us?"'

Magic fan Mike Philpot sent Howard this message via Twitter on Monday afternoon: "D12 be different. Stay in Orlando. You can own this city. See Jordan and Tim Duncan for examples."

Howard responded with: "I never said I wanted to leave stop reading the rumors. It's really stupid. And annoying to be honest. They tryna make something outta nothing I have another yr under my contract before I can sign."

On Tuesday, when asked about the Twitter exchange, Howard expressed even more discontent about recent reports that have surfaced in the past few weeks about his future. There have been reports that Howard is flirting with the idea of going to larger markets like New York or Los Angeles should Orlando not win an NBA title.

"I never said anything about leaving," Howard said. "I never said anything about me not being happy here or me 'pulling a LeBron' like people say on Twitter. But I'm just really tired of it. I want to help this franchise win a championship."

Howard also doesn't want to be compared to how James handled his departure from Cleveland or what is happening with Anthony in Denver.

"That's Carmelo and LeBron," Howard said. "That has nothing to do with Dwight Howard. I'm focused on this season. This is the moment right here. When we get down the road to 2012 or whenever when it's time to sign, then we can talk about that stuff. But as for now, I don't wanna be talking about it. There's no need to bring up what's gonna happen in the future.

"We can't go to the future right now anyway."

Magic President of Basketball Operations Otis Smith said in published reports earlier this year that he planned to offer Howard a contract this summer. But while Howard was direct about his disdain over the speculation around him Tuesday, he has yet to deflect the rumors by saying that he would re-sign with the Magic.

For now, though, Howard said he isn't thinking about the future - whatever it may hold.

"No. I think about tonight's game and what we have to do to win a championship," he said. "That's the only thing on my mind."
Nuff' said?

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 03:08 PM
^^I think Dwight in your sig is saying "Why the hell would I go to the Nets?"

;)

And Dwight in your sig is thinking " why can Arenas just shoot Turk then himself so we can have space to sign someone that can help me..."

*Superman*
04-23-2011, 03:13 PM
And Dwight in your sig is thinking " why can Arenas just shoot Turk then himself so we can have space to sign someone that can help me..."

Don't worry, I'm thinking the same thing. That doesn't mean anything.

Anyways I'm done with this thread. People can keep have wet dreams about getting Dwight, just don't run dry, you still have a year to wait.

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Nuff' said?

I fully agree that he wants to win a title in ORL just like i fully believe Lebron wanted to win one in CLE. He said he loves ORL, and i believe him. He said he would love to stay, and i believe him. He said he would not handle it like Lebron did and i definitely believe that. He's never once said he will stay in ORL. Just like with the Carmelo situation. Melo explicitly said that he would've loved to stay in DEN and finish his career there. He NEVER said he wanted to play in NY. All your links prove nothing except what we already know; which is that Dwight loves ORL and wants to win, preferrably there.

If reading those quotes helps you sleep thats fine. However in my honest opinion, Dwight will be a Laker before next season starts

RadiantShot
04-23-2011, 03:34 PM
I fully agree that he wants to win a title in ORL just like i fully believe Lebron wanted to win one in CLE. He said he loves ORL, and i believe him. He said he would love to stay, and i believe him. He said he would not handle it like Lebron did and i definitely believe that. He's never once said he will stay in ORL. Just like with the Carmelo situation. Melo explicitly said that he would've loved to stay in DEN and finish his career there. He NEVER said he wanted to play in NY. All your links prove nothing except what we already know; which is that Dwight loves ORL and wants to win, preferrably there.

If reading those quotes helps you sleep thats fine. However in my honest opinion, Dwight will be a Laker before next season starts

"That's Carmelo and LeBron." Look at Superman's post. Anything else?

JerseysFinest
04-23-2011, 03:39 PM
TBH, I'm not exactly rooting for him to leave. I prefer for parity to rule the league. I never really thought he'd leave to begin with, I'm just pointing out the legitimacy in the Nets being trading partners in the event he would want to leave. He doesn't to me come off as a guy like Carmelo or LeBron who would truly leave the team that drafted and grew up with him. I can see why superstars would leave those respective situations (no disrespect), but even Orlando is a wonderful city, warm weather, beautiful chicks, Disney Land?! And it fits his personality. Of course it would be awesome to see him pair up with Kobe, or Deron, or D-Rose. But I'm secretly hoping the Magic improve the roster enough for him to have enough help to win it all.

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 03:43 PM
"That's Carmelo and LeBron." Look at Superman's post. Anything else?

OK.... i read it just fine. He's being non commital just like Bron and Melo were... I dont see much difference between his comments and anything Bron and Melo said in regards to their free agencies. You think Dwight wants to be booed out of his own arena by saying something other that what he has said?

Look man im not trying to down you or any ORL fans. I hope it all works out for you guys but all im saying is that in my opinion Dwight will be a Laker before next season

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 03:46 PM
TBH, I'm not exactly rooting for him to leave. I prefer for parity to rule the league. I never really thought he'd leave to begin with, I'm just pointing out the legitimacy in the Nets being trading partners in the event he would want to leave. He doesn't to me come off as a guy like Carmelo or LeBron who would truly leave the team that drafted and grew up with him. I can see why superstars would leave those respective situations (no disrespect), but even Orlando is a wonderful city, warm weather, beautiful chicks, Disney Land?! And it fits his personality. Of course it would be awesome to see him pair up with Kobe, or Deron, or D-Rose. But I'm secretly hoping the Magic improve the roster enough for him to have enough help to win it all.

Sorry im no hyprocrite. I wish upon a star every night that Dwight will be a Brooklyn Net... although i know in my heart he will be a Laker.

However i will admit that ive always cheered for the Magic to do well. I was so heartbroken by the loss at the finals to the Lakers

NYK BaLLaS
04-23-2011, 05:23 PM
rose is having one good year and now hes god all of a sudden?

Chill_Will_24
04-23-2011, 06:32 PM
rose is having one good year and now hes god all of a sudden?

You think this year is an anomaly?.. i forgot... Knicks fans go off of single games. Not a whole year. Thats why Melo is God; He scored 42 in one game. Rose has done this for a whole season so no way its legit. Rose sucks. Such a bum. :D

iggypop123
04-23-2011, 07:05 PM
im sure howard does love orlando. its not like a cleveland situation where he upgraded his city when he left, but ultimately its about winning. what good is it to be in a city you like if you are never gonna win a title. the contracts of arenas and hedo arent going anywhere. heck this offseason they could lose richardson. unless fran vasquez comes and its the second coming of sabonis they are screwed

SP17
04-23-2011, 09:29 PM
After reading all those things Dwight said.. It makes me think of Bron and MElo all over again but the difference is dwight dont want to make those mistakes the 2 made so he is avoiding all things to avoid any booing from the magic fans. When its all said and done I think he would change team but will be through a trade that could land the magic some youth and picks to act as building blocks for the future.

You could not fault dwight for leaving later on coz when you gets older winning championship is every players thirst..Also it seems that winning is very important to him and I dont think the magic is going to win 1 with that roster they have.. So its better for them to trade dwight and get some young pieces.. Hope both Dwight and the magic will benefit from a deal in the near future.

KnicksR4Real
04-23-2011, 09:39 PM
New Jersey via trade

SP17
04-23-2011, 09:48 PM

Nets also will most likely include double double machine Kris Humphries as well, a very good asset to have on your side (a very scrappy and hard-working player). Plus, as a bonus, you get Kim Kardashian courtside at the games :) . Nets also have picks in the this draft and the draft's upcoming. One advantage the Nets have as well is that they're under the cap, and therefore can trade for Howard without matching salaries, something the Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, or Knicks can do.

You know what? Bulls has more picks than the nets for this year and next years draft.. Nets only have the LA pick, an early 2nd rounder this year and their 1st rounder next year which woul probably be a middle 1st since Nets would probably be in the playoffs.. Bulls have the 28 and 30th pick this year, their own pick next year and the bobcats pick that is protected until 2015.
I guess you should 1st check your facts. btw Im not a bulls or nets fan..just clearing you up on some things..

As with regards to cap space.. that would only be applicable if the Nets dont use that in the offseason or dwight gets traded before they sign anybody. I really think they will sign a FA this offseason and use that cap space. If they do that it becomes very tricky for the nets since Brook is on a cheap contract and matching salaries would be a big problem in any future trade for Dwight..

So it really depends on what they do with that cap space..

BigCityofDreams
04-23-2011, 09:55 PM
After reading all those things Dwight said.. It makes me think of Bron and MElo all over again but the difference is dwight dont want to make those mistakes the 2 made so he is avoiding all things to avoid any booing from the magic fans. When its all said and done I think he would change team but will be through a trade that could land the magic some youth and picks to act as building blocks for the future.

You could not fault dwight for leaving later on coz when you gets older winning championship is every players thirst..Also it seems that winning is very important to him and I dont think the magic is going to win 1 with that roster they have.. So its better for them to trade dwight and get some young pieces.. Hope both Dwight and the magic will benefit from a deal in the near future.

Yep Dwight is smart enough to not cause a stir and rock the boat. The last thing he wants is to go through what Melo went through. Even if he does want to stay in Orl you have to think he takes a step back and questions if this team is good enough to win a ring.

Young and Stupid
04-23-2011, 10:09 PM
My fellow Nets posters have pretty much summed it up, but I'd just like to add a few things.

ManRam, I'm not sure what the date on that article you posted is, but Dwight Howard can sign an extension at this very moment. In fact, he's been eligible to do so since last summer.

However, Howard, making $16.51 million this season, has been eligible to sign an extension with the Magic since July 12, 2010. That was the first allowed day due to it being the three-year anniversary of when he had signed previously.

Source: AolNews (http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/19/dwight-howard-eligible-now-to-sign-contract-extension-with-orlan/)

If he wants to stay, why hasn't he signed said extension? Now, if you counter with something like: "well, he wants to pressure the Magic into doing whatever they can to put the team in a better position to win" then I'd be forced to ask: put the team in a better position, how? The Magic's cap-situation (http://hoopshype.com/salaries/orlando.htm) is putrid; they're strapped by two albatross contracts -- Arenas and Turkoglu -- each of which are pretty much untradeable. Otis Smith has rendered the team into an immovable state, there's nothing the Magic can really do in terms of making additions to the team; the roster as you see it now, is pretty much what they'll be dealing with for the foreseeable future.

I don't think anyone would deny that Dwight Howard wants to stay -- and of course, win -- in Orlando, but the Magic have kind have put him in a helpless situation. It would be a miracle if the team is able to make any significant changes to the roster in the next three or so seasons and Dwight Howard -- similar to LeBron James -- can't do it all by himself. Quite frankly, it would be an altruistic act for Howard to stay with the Magic instead of putting himself in a better situation to win. Is it fair for Dwight to have to sacrifice his prime because Otis Smith took a huge gamble which didn't pay off? I don't think so.

I'd be lying if I said that I hope he stays in Orlando because I don't want to see a player of Howard's caliber have to waste the prime of his career playing with the likes of Hedo Turkoglu and an over-the-hill Gilbert Arenas. Of course, as an NBA fan I'd like for there to be some parity -- with teams being able to retain their superstars -- but I don't want to see said stars have to waste their immense talent because they don't want to hurt some fans' feelings. It's a sticky situation; one that I think will end with some broken hearts in Central Florida.

Personally, I think he'll be a Net before they open up Barclays Center, but I'm far from an objective observer. I don't know what will happen going forward -- there are a lot of factors that can affect this situation, the most obvious one being the impending CBA -- but I'll be very surprised if Dwight Howard is still on the Orlando Magic come the beginning of the 2012 season. All we can say now, is that we'll see what happens; but if I was a Magic fan, I would be hoping for Smith to see the writing on the wall and make a trade this summer to get as much value out of Howard as possible.

SP17
04-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Well said man...

Raph12
04-24-2011, 03:03 AM
If the Magic can't land CP3 or DWIll via trade (for Nelson+Redick+etc), Dwight is gone... Plain and simple (to LA for a package around Bynum IMO).

SP17
04-24-2011, 05:09 AM
If the Magic can't land CP3 or DWIll via trade (for Nelson+Redick+etc), Dwight is gone... Plain and simple (to LA for a package around Bynum IMO).

you know Raph posters like you and manram are very good..Because you realize that if orlando can't improve dwight will be gone...Its pretty obvious that he will leave via FA so why not trade him to get some decent value...Other magic fans here cant face that reality..

Jewelz0376
04-24-2011, 05:18 AM

:pray:

aussie
04-24-2011, 06:18 AM
hornets

jzero
04-24-2011, 07:31 AM
hornets

i would love for that to happen

MagicBucsSox
04-24-2011, 08:42 AM
Adidas is gonna PUSH HIM INTO CHICAGO,or LA mark my words, money he misses out on in the new CBA he will make in endorsements tenfold

SP17
04-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Adidas is gonna PUSH HIM INTO CHICAGO,or LA mark my words, money he misses out on in the new CBA he will make in endorsements tenfold

what do you think about the nets?

X12Celtics3
04-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Obviously I'd love him in Boston, but more than I want him on the Celtics I think that I DON'T want him in Los Angeles.

BowDown
04-24-2011, 10:46 AM
For those that say Rose is not a Top 5 player... I'd like to see your list.

Bryant
James
Wade
Rose
Howard

Personally, I'd take Rose over anyone else in the league.

BowDown
04-24-2011, 10:49 AM
As far as a trade...

How about

Chicago sends Boozer, Noah and 2012 1st and 2nd for Howard

Chicago gives up any pick Orlando wants except the Charlotte pick we use to draft a PF with.

MagicBucsSox
04-24-2011, 11:00 AM
As far as a trade...

How about

Chicago gives up any pick Orlando wants except the Charlotte pick we use to draft a PF with.

Lol. When u talk trades , talk with your fan hood away from reality. Why would Orlando not take a bobcat pick over a bulls(with Dwight ) pick? Basically a 29 or 30 pick? The magic will anally rape any team they trade him to, and rightfully so

Young and Stupid
04-24-2011, 11:07 AM

1) LeBron
2) Dwight
3) Wade
4) Durant
5) Bryant
6) Paul
7) Rose

He's getting up there -- and he still has plenty of room to grow -- but he's not in the top-5 as of now.

Of course you would, you're a Bulls fan.

As far as a trade...

How about

I'd be surprised if the Magic are intrigued by that offer; it doesn't really set the Magic up well. Now, if Howard says that he'll only go to Chicago, then the Magic will have no choice, but to deal with the Bulls; however, at this moment in time the Bulls don't have much to offer to Orlando in return for Dwight.

The magic will anally rape any team they trade him to, and rightfully so

Maybe, maybe not. It's all about leverage ... and it's very likely that the Magic won't have a lot of it. We'll see what happens.

BowDown
04-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Lol. When u talk trades , talk with your fan hood away from reality. Why would Orlando not take a bobcat pick over a bulls(with Dwight ) pick? Basically a 29 or 30 pick? The magic will anally rape any team they trade him to, and rightfully so

I don't think they will. Just like Denver, they will have their hands tied a bit and look at the best offer but might not be in a position to make ultimatums. Noah and Boozer and a couple picks is fair enough, IMO.

If the guy doesn't want to be on that team, not much the Magic can to about it other than see him walk in FA.

DRose and Howard is a union I'm sure Dwight is thinking can dominate the league for years to come. Honestly, Other than Hedu, who else does the Magic have? If I were him, I would bail too. Just ask LeBron.

BowDown
04-24-2011, 11:14 AM
1) LeBron
2) Dwight
3) Wade
4) Durant
5) Bryant
6) Paul
7) Rose

He's getting up there -- and he still has plenty of room to grow -- but he's not in the top-5 as of now.

Of course you would, you're a Bulls fan.

I'd be surprised if the Magic are intrigued by that offer; it doesn't really set the Magic up well. Now, if Howard says that he'll only go to Chicago, then the Magic will have no choice, but to deal with the Bulls; however, at this moment in time the Bulls don't have much to offer to Orlando in return for Dwight.

Maybe, maybe not. It's all about leverage ... and it's very likely that the Magic won't have a lot of it. We'll see what happens.

Let's end this now guys, Rose is better than Paul, no question. Paul is not close to the player Rose is right now. I'll give you Bryant. Wade is not the same player he was, Durant is great but Rose is a better one on one guy and Howard and James are much bigger but probably not as skillful as Rose.

Young and Stupid
04-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Let's end this now guys, Rose is better than Paul, no question. Paul is not close to the player Rose is right now. I'll give you Bryant. Wade is not the same player he was, Durant is great but Rose is a better one on one guy and Howard and James are much bigger but probably not as skillful as Rose.

:laugh2:

Like I said, you're a Bulls fan.

BowDown
04-24-2011, 11:19 AM
:laugh2:

Like I said, you're a Bulls fan.

Not to seem like a homer, but tell me why you'd take Paul over Rose? Did you watch them play against eachother? Rose dominated.

Rose is single-handedly keeping the Bulls in it without a great support cast.

Just curious to why you think that.

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2011, 11:21 AM

They MIGHT be able to land CP3 that way. It would have to be more thou. NO will have many suitors for Paul and there are better young players to be had than Nelson.

I believe you would have to trade Nelson, Anderson, Orton, Bass and picks.. still might not be enough because none of those players are players to build around and there's better players to be had by NO

allSUAVE
04-24-2011, 11:21 AM
1-9 from the 3pt line yesterday for Derick Rose he attempt too much shots

CP3>Rose

allSUAVE
04-24-2011, 11:23 AM
This Chill_Will_24 kid wants him to be a Net but don't want to Jinx it at the same time.

That's why he keep saying he will be a Laker

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2011, 11:24 AM

Bryant
James
Wade
Rose
Howard

What are you like 12ys old?

Do you even know basketball?

BowDown
04-24-2011, 11:25 AM
1-9 from the 3pt line yesterday for Derick Rose he attempt too much shots

CP3>Rose

No one else on the team was doing anything... he had too, feeling it or not.

BowDown
04-24-2011, 11:27 AM
What are you like 12ys old?

Do you even know basketball?

Why do I have to be 12 giving my opinion on top players?

Rose plays for my favorite team yes but he has shown me night in and night out why he is the MVP of the league.

jp611
04-24-2011, 11:28 AM
bowdown, you are just making Bulls fans look bad, and I've never even seen you in the Bulls forum before :laugh2:

Chill_Will_24
04-24-2011, 11:28 AM
As far as a trade...

How about

:laugh: You would be getting the best C in the league and you want to demand which picks you send out... :pity:

Noah, Gibson, Asik, Brewer plus every pick you have... Still might not get it done cuz the centerpiece of your deal is Noah; a career garbage man. Bynum is still the most attractive piece to be had Bynum>>>>>>>Noah

allSUAVE
04-24-2011, 11:29 AM
No one else on the team was doing anything... he had too, feeling it or not.

He's a PG get your teamates involved.

Boozer plays way better with Deron Williams I wonder why? Hmm:eyebrow:

BigCityofDreams
04-24-2011, 11:29 AM
you know Raph posters like you and manram are very good..Because you realize that if orlando can't improve dwight will be gone...Its pretty obvious that he will leave via FA so why not trade him to get some decent value...Other magic fans here cant face that reality..

How hard will it be for them to improve?

BowDown
04-24-2011, 11:31 AM
bowdown, you are just making Bulls fans look bad, and I've never even seen you in the Bulls forum before :laugh2:

I was on before you joined bud.

I don't need to post on a forum to show Im a fan of the team...

Do you have season tickets? Oh wait, I do as I have for 10 years now.

jp611
04-24-2011, 11:33 AM
allSUAVE for the record, Derrick Rose does get his teammates involved as evidenced by his 10 assists yesterday and 8 APG this season, he also has a 38.9 AST%

BowDown
04-24-2011, 11:33 AM
He's a PG get your teamates involved.

Boozer plays way better with Deron Williams I wonder why? Hmm:eyebrow:

I agree with you here. But Boozer sucks.

jp611
04-24-2011, 11:34 AM
I was on before you joined bud.

I don't need to post on a forum to show Im a fan of the team...

Do you have season tickets? Oh wait, I do as I have for 10 years now.

i dont care what you have, you're acting like an assclown in here, and making bulls fans look bad, its people like you that give Bulls fans a bad rap on PSD, just stop, Rose isnt the best player in the league, grasp that concept