PDA

View Full Version : NBA admits more mistakes, that Garnett fouled Douglas

NYSpirit1
04-20-2011, 10:34 AM
The New York Knicks did more than complain about two non-calls in the final minute of Game 1 against the Celtics. They sent tape of two controversial plays to the league office, according to an NBA source.

The Knicks had problem with Kevin Garnett's collision with Toney Douglas that preceded Ray Allen's game-winning 3-pointer with 11.6 seconds left. And they also pointed out to the NBA that Delonte West ran onto the court after Allen's 3-pointer to chest bump Allen and the Knicks wanted a technical foul for six players on the court.

According to the source, the NBA admitted that Garnett's trip of Douglas, who was chasing Allen, was a foul while West's running onto the court would have been ruled a delay of game.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2011/04/knicks_compain.html

Wow I can't believe that they admitted to this and the Oklahoma City game.

So really, it should be the Knicks that are up 2-0.

The Celtics won a cheap Game 1 by getting bogus calls and beat the Knicks in the last seconds in Game 2 by playing 4 on 1. If the Knicks lose the series, the Heat are going to dominate the Celtics. If they can barely get by the Knicks by cheating and winning by playing Melo and scrubs, they aren't going to be able to beat 2 out of the 4 best players in the NBA and another top 10 player.

Becks2307
04-20-2011, 10:40 AM
we still lost the game man, its a stretch to say it would have been 2-0...it sucks but it happens.

gwrighter
04-20-2011, 10:40 AM
mistakes happen, there are 99 other possessions for the knicks to capitalize on and they didn't win the majority of them. it happens.

mikealike305
04-20-2011, 10:41 AM
It happened. Knicks are down 0-2. Get over it

BigBlueCrew
04-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Still believe the outcome hasnt been predetermined at 645 Fifth Avenue?

Slimsim
04-20-2011, 10:44 AM
I wish They didn't admit this. What does that do for us ?

ne3xchamps
04-20-2011, 10:47 AM
here we go......... more knicks fans :cry: about the refs. This doesn't surprise me. GET THE F OVER IT! I would be mad to if the no calls or bad calls were against the celtics, but you wouldn't see boston fans making threads about it after every game. Man Knick fans piss me off.

daleja424
04-20-2011, 10:48 AM
2-0? Really?

I will give you that it COULD be 1-1 right now... but to say it SHOULD be 2-0 Knicks is not only a stretch of reality...it is straight up fiction.

Sadds The Gr8
04-20-2011, 10:50 AM
:facepalm: not even I ***** and complain this much....get over it

mikealike305
04-20-2011, 10:52 AM
2-0? Really?

I will give you that it COULD be 1-1 right now... but to say it SHOULD be 2-0 Knicks is not only a stretch of reality...it is straight up fiction.

This

marlinsfan24
04-20-2011, 10:52 AM
2-0? Really?

This.

And stop acting just because the calls were bad that the Knicks lost. They could have still lost the game even if they got all the calls.

Sox72
04-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Poor officiating is the new Derrick Rose.

nycericanguy
04-20-2011, 10:57 AM
i mean them admitting it doesn't really change anything, i think everyone agreed the refs did the knicks dirty in the last 30 seconds... but that happens sometimes, especially on the road, the refs get caught up in the game... it hurts and it sucks because NY can't seem to catch a break this series but we gotta move on.

maybe NY will get some breaks in NY.

jtchilln
04-20-2011, 10:58 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2011/04/knicks_compain.html

The Celtics won a cheap Game 1 by getting bogus calls and beat the Knicks in the last seconds in Game 2 by playing 4 on 1. If the Knicks lose the series, the Heat are going to dominate the Celtics. If they can barely get by the Knicks by cheating and winning by playing Melo and scrubs, they aren't going to be able to beat 2 out of the 4 best players in the NBA and another top 10 player.

Quit your crying!! Celtics have owned the Knicks!!

If you wan't to be pissed at anyone be pissed at Amare who took himself out of a playoff game.

csenoner
04-20-2011, 10:58 AM
here we go......... more knicks fans :cry: about the refs. This doesn't surprise me. GET THE F OVER IT! I would be mad to if the no calls or bad calls were against the celtics, but you wouldn't see boston fans making threads about it after every game. Man Knick fans piss me off.

"get over it"?????

We havent been to the playoffs for 7 years, we come into boston and beat the celts and then get screwed by the refs and you say ' get over it?"'

Easy to say when you are getting blessed into the finals.

Would you 'get over it' if the nba stole the game from the celts when they deserved to win? no you would be complaining just like we are.

its been happening for years. the nba is one step up from the wwf. the difference is the players arent in on it.

The nba likes to control who moves on. and the refs is the way to do it.

shut your mouth. dont say get over it when you are sitting on a 2-0 cushion when you should prolly be down 0-2.

nycericanguy
04-20-2011, 10:59 AM
This.

And stop acting just because the calls were bad that the Knicks lost. They could have still lost the game even if they got all the calls.

i mean that was the reason though, If they call that foul on KG NY gets the ball back and BOS has to foul...obviously theres a 90% chance NY wins after that... but it is what it is... gotta move on... but lets not act like those weren't HUGE F up's by the refs...

Sox72
04-20-2011, 10:59 AM

If you wan't to be pissed at anyone be pissed at Amare who took himself out of a playoff game.

If by owned you mean beat, then yes. But owned usually refers to domination.

nycericanguy
04-20-2011, 11:01 AM
"get over it"?????

We havent been to the playoffs for 7 years, we come into boston and beat the celts and then get screwed by the refs and you say ' get over it?"'

Would you 'get over it' if the nba stole the game from the celts when they deserved to win? no you would be complaining just like we are.

its been happening for years. the nba is one step up from the wwf. the difference is the players arent in on it.

shut your mouth. dont say get over it when you are sitting on a 2-0 cushion when you should prolly be down 0-2.

i wouldn't go that far, they messed up... but i dont think the NBA is trying to get BOS in the finals, you could argue they would want NY to advance to meet MIA

they messed up, it hurts but we gotta move on, i dont think its a conspiracy, i think refs are human and they got caught up in the crowd.

Mishmin
04-20-2011, 11:02 AM
"get over it"?????

Get over it. Get a new coach too.

ne3xchamps
04-20-2011, 11:03 AM
"get over it"?????

if you read my whole post you would have seen that I said I would be pissed. apparently you just wanted to read what you wanted to hear. We as boston fans just wouldn't make threads about it after every game. Blessed into the finals. you need to get a grip. how about the mental breakdowns the knicks have in the final minutes of games against the celtics? I can't wait until you guys are knocked out so I don't have to see you guys on here for awhile.

ne3xchamps
04-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Get over it. Get a new coach too.

this. if you had a real coach and not some dumb f-k, it may be a little different. Plus I wish the refs would let more of the non crazy fouls go in the playoffs. ITS THE PLAYOFFS! GO HARD OR GO HOME!

Atownballa5
04-20-2011, 11:08 AM
complain complain complain thats all i hear knick fans doing right about now

Double_R
04-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Look at the Magic vs Cavs ECF, that was one of the worst officiated series I've ever seen. It seemed like the refs and Stern had a meeting and said let's set up a Lebron vs Kobe finals, but what happened, usually the better team wins regardless of the officiating. Mo Williams spiked DH with the ball and wasn't even whistled. ESPN was even debating it on PTI, etc, but the better team won and Stern didn't get his dream matchup.

Avenged
04-20-2011, 11:09 AM
All this admitting mistakes by the league means ****! It doesn't change the outcome of the game, teams don't get to replay that possession. It really means nothing. It doesn't justify anything.

jtchilln
04-20-2011, 11:14 AM
"get over it"?????

Celtics did get screwed.......last year game 7 of the NBA finals. How many more foul shots did the Lakers take than Boston in LA?

Should be down 0-2....haha!! What is NY's record against Boston this season??

jtchilln
04-20-2011, 11:15 AM
If by owned you mean beat, then yes. But owned usually refers to domination.

6-0 this season so far..... call it what you want.

ne3xchamps
04-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Look at the Magic vs Cavs ECF, that was one of the worst officiated series I've ever seen. It seemed like the refs and Stern had a meeting and said let's set up a Lebron vs Kobe finals, but what happened, usually the better team wins regardless of the officiating. Mo Williams spiked DH with the ball and wasn't even whistled. ESPN was even debating it on PTI, etc, but the better team won and Stern didn't get his dream matchup.

this.

Mile High Champ
04-20-2011, 11:19 AM
All this admitting mistakes by the league means ****! It doesn't change the outcome of the game, teams don't get to replay that possession. It really means nothing. It doesn't justify anything.

+ 1 Agreed, well said.

ChitownSports16
04-20-2011, 11:20 AM
oh goodness.....

PatsSoxKnicks
Celtics did get screwed.......last year game 7 of the NBA finals. How many more foul shots did the Lakers take than Boston in LA?

Should be down 0-2....haha!! What is NY's record against Boston this season??

Considering your team barely beat a team with 4 D-leaguers and Melo out there, I wouldn't be doing that much talking.....

PhillyFaninLA
A game is 48 minutes long. You don't lose a close game by one call. You can lose a game be allowing yourself be in a position to lose on a missed call.

nycericanguy

bad calls and missed calls happen during the course of any and every game.

But when two bad calls happen, both against the same team in the last 20 seconds and an obvious tripping foul leads to a wide open Ray Allen game winning 3 pointer...well that doesn't happen very often. That's what makes this a more unique situation.

29$JerZ

Pretty much

They admitted it. Good.
Now either fix these refs if you can or keep it to yourself because every Knick fan doesn't care about if we were right. We care about the L.

knicks=love
04-20-2011, 11:23 AM

owned the knicks? melo dropped 42 last night. you beat melo and a bunch of scrubs? you proud of that?

PatsSoxKnicks
6-0 this season so far..... call it what you want.

Right..So a question for you? Being a Celtics homer, you aren't in the least bit worried that they barely beat a Knicks team with Melo and a bunch of bums on it?

I'm sorry but the Celts should've won that game by 20+, not on a last possession make.

ChitownSports16
Considering your team barely beat a team with 4 D-leaguers and Melo out there, I wouldn't be doing that much talking.....

They still won... Dont get it... Alot fans live by "we shoulda won""you barely beat a team with blah blah blah" you lose, they win take the lost and move on to the next game!

davidst.hubbins
04-20-2011, 11:28 AM
So wait a second, all the Knicks fans were "baby's" yesterday because they blamed the refs for blowing a call on what turned out to be the game winning shot. Yet, the NBA comes out and ADMITS they blew said call on what turned out to be said winning possession and yet the Knicks fans STILL don't have a right to complain? I don't get it.

Celtics fans = Yankees fans

PatsSoxKnicks
04-20-2011, 11:28 AM
They still won... Dont get it... Alot fans live by "we shoulda won""you barely beat a team with blah blah blah" you lose, they win take the lost and move on to the next game!

I actually didn't expect the Knicks to win this series. I had the Celts winning in 6. But I have to say, my opinion has changed on the Celts. Going into the playoffs, I thought there was a 50-50 shot they'd be in the Finals. Right now? I'm almost positive they're going to lose to the Heat. And I'm not sure that its going to be a 7 game series like I was thinking it would be before the playoffs began. Based on both teams play so far, I could see that series being over in 5.

The Celts can still "find themselves" but the way they've played in the first 2 games doesn't scream "title contender".

Double_R
04-20-2011, 11:29 AM
bad calls and missed calls happen during the course of any and every game.

But when two bad calls happen, both against the same team in the last 20 seconds and an obvious tripping foul leads to a wide open Ray Allen game winning 3 pointer...well that doesn't happen very often. That's what makes this a more unique situation.

I'm with you, it sucks. Remember when the Knicks played the Magic just a month ago and they were in danger of missing the playoffs and DH was called for an over the back looseball foul on a offensive rebound he dunked that would have tied the game, but instead the 6th foul was called and he was t'd up and the Magic lost the game.

Howard rebounded from a quiet first half to finish with 29 points and 18 rebounds, but Orlando didn't score after he picked up his sixth foul going for a rebound with 1:17 remaining in a two-point game, then tossed the ball into the backcourt after the whistle.

"There's nothing you can do about it now. I just went for the rebound," Howard said.

"I think that should have been a delay of game," he added of the tech. "Every time you roll the ball down the court, they usually call a delay of game, but it's cool, you know. I'll try to get it rescinded. If not, I'll just have to continue to play."

"I mean 99.9 percent when you throw the ball down the other side, it's a delay of game warning," Gilbert Arenas said. "They've got to call it how they see it. You can't put too much on what they do. They're human, too. The calls they see is the calls they're going to make."

The Magic then got another bad break when Richardson was called for an offensive foul away from the ball on Anthony after they became tangled, negating what would have been a tying 3-point basket by Turkoglu.

The Knicks finished it off at the line as the Magic players on the bench yelled their frustration toward the referees and fans.

SteBO
04-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Listen guys, a loss is a loss no matter how you spin it and the Celtics won the game, which in essence is all that matters. But BOS fans can't sit there and tell me that they're proud of the way things are going so far when you look at the big picture. Call it excuses all you want, but the reality is, the officiating so far in the playoffs, especially this series, has been atrocious and there's no getting around that, and despite BOS getting every call down the stretch of these games, they still had to squeak out the wins. It's good that they're winning, that's all that matters, but it's a different ballgame on the road, where you're least likely to get the favorable calls you've been getting in the fourth quarter. And I agree with a poster above me. If BOS really wanted to impose their will on this series, they would have blown the doors off this Knick team, and not give them anything positive to take out of this game heading into NY. I'm not into style points here, because it isn't important, but BOS still needs to play better if they're going to sweep or win in 5 like some of you are saying.

AntiG
04-20-2011, 11:35 AM
There were more screwed up calls and non-calls going AGAINST the Celtics in BOTH games. The Knicks just got screwed on that one particular call (the Anthony offensive foul was legit, the KG non-call should have been a foul, he tripped him clearly) and it affected the final play, but before that there were a plethora of bad officiating that screwed over the Celtics (phantom screen call against West who was standing out of bounds and near no one, Stat tackling KG during a layup, KG's clean block that was called a foul are just 3 off of the top of my head). The officiating in the NBA stinks. It screws both sides. If you want to play the "well if they had called it" game, then the Celtics would have won by more points via extra free throws and possessions.

Stop crying already Knicks fans.

ChitownSports16
04-20-2011, 11:35 AM
I actually didn't expect the Knicks to win this series. I had the Celts winning in 6. But I have to say, my opinion has changed on the Celts. Going into the playoffs, I thought there was a 50-50 shot they'd be in the Finals. Right now? I'm almost positive they're going to lose to the Heat. And I'm not sure that its going to be a 7 game series like I was thinking it would be before the playoffs began. Based on both teams play so far, I could see that series being over in 5.

The Celts can still "find themselves" but the way they've played in the first 2 games doesn't scream "title contender".

And I have the same opinion as you... I dont see the C's in the nba finals myself.

But, to call out a teams fan after they got the W is just wrong to me...

Mishmin
04-20-2011, 11:36 AM
Admitting these bad calls or lack of calls is just keeping a wound from healing. We all wish refs could get it right all the time but they're human. To say that it's all a big conspiracy for ratings is incredibly naive. And if you still want to believe that, then just wait until you get your new big three with cp3, and then apparently Stern will "bless" such an exciting team right into the finals.

nycericanguy
04-20-2011, 11:43 AM
Just to play devils advocate here... because NO ONE seems to have noticed this.

When Bill Walker pushed Ray Allen under the basket he was called for a foul and a Tech - BOS + 1 point.

Then in the 4th quarter the exact same play happens, Glen Davis pushes Jeffries under the basket... NOTHING is called, not even a foul.

Double_R
04-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Just to play devils advocate here... because NO ONE seems to have noticed this.

When Bill Walker pushed Ray Allen under the basket he was called for a foul and a Tech - BOS + 1 point.

Then in the 4th quarter the exact same play happens, Glen Davis pushes Jeffries under the basket... NOTHING is called, not even a foul.

Like I said earlier, I agree that there have been a few bad calls, but at the same time, wouldn't the Knicks be the team that Stern would want to play the Heat in the second round?????? I mean NYC is the mecca of sports, and msg is the mecca of basketball.

Knicks vs Heat = Melo & Stat vs Big 3= Hella Ratings

Celtics vs Heat = Big 3 vs Old 3 and young 1= really good ratings

BigBlueCrew
04-20-2011, 11:47 AM
I noticed that garbage. I thought more of the same crapola what were you gonna do go shoot the refs? I wish.

PhillyFaninLA
04-20-2011, 11:50 AM
again 48 minutes in a game. You don't lose with a missed call.

game 1: The Knicks out scored the Celtics by 13 in the second after losing the first by only 1 point. That means a halftime lead of 12 points. They didn't hold onto a 12 lead that was not because of a missed penalty.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Als.CQKG0MwO20XuzzHbYYKQvLYF?gid=201 1041702

Game 2: half time score 45 - 44 in favor of the Knicks. They end up down by 7 after the 3rd quarter.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AioTGTOIYMsJmAPxGGDiMBSQvLYF?gid=201 1041902

In both games the Knicks where in a position to win. The more experienced and more talented Celtics team did what needed to be done to win and the Knicks didn't. Both teams had chances throughout the game to not be close enough for a relevant bad or missed call to hurt them.

netsgiantsyanks
04-20-2011, 11:52 AM
:pity:

nycericanguy
04-20-2011, 11:53 AM
^ yes there are lead changes during the course of games...

jtchilln
04-20-2011, 11:55 AM
owned the knicks? melo dropped 42 last night. you beat melo and a bunch of scrubs? you proud of that?

6-0 this season.....YAH, I'M PROUD OF THAT!!

Big deal, 42pts and they still lost. What's your point?

PatsSoxKnicks
04-20-2011, 11:55 AM
And I have the same opinion as you... I dont see the C's in the nba finals myself.

But, to call out a teams fan after they got the W is just wrong to me...

Again, why is beating a team that has a bunch of D-leaguers on it worthy of being an arrogant prick?

Also, I know the poster a bit. He's a troll. And he apparently trolled the Jets forum a lot, and the Pats ended up losing to the Jets. You would think he would learn from that.

PhillyFaninLA
04-20-2011, 11:58 AM
^ yes there are lead changes during the course of games...

I love how you ignore the actual point I was making to make a mindless statement like this.

Here is my point. In game 1 of Sixers - Heat the Sixers had a big lead. The Sixers gave up the lead and become down. The Sixers had a strong 4th quarter surge but the Heat in the last 2 minutes stopped the surge and did what they had to do to win, and win by enough to not have a blown call be relevant.

The Knicks had chances in both games to not let the Celtics take the lead and they had a chance to have a big enough lead late in the game to have 1 or 2 bad calls go against them and still win. That is my point. 1 or 2 or even 3 plays don't decide the game in any sport.

netsgiantsyanks
04-20-2011, 11:59 AM
i can't understand how when the knicks lose, all of a sudden it's "oh, you beat a team with 2 stars with a bunch of scrubs." but, when they win, all of a sudden the scrubs transform into superstars.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-20-2011, 12:02 PM

Point? Again the Celts were facing a team with 4 bums and Melo. Well, 3 bums, a young inexperienced 2nd year backup PG and Melo. And they won on a last possession shot. Is that really something you should be proud of?

I think his point is considering the circumstances, the Celts should've won by 20+ rather then on a last possession shot. And say what you want but margin of victory has proven to be a good indicator of future performance. Granted, you can't take MOV in 2 games to mean much.

Considering the way they've played so far, I highly doubt the Celts will be able to beat the Heat. I was actually giving the Celts a 50-50 shot at the finals before the playoffs. I thought a potential Heat-Celts series would go 7 games. Now? Well, lets just say my opinion on the Celts has changed.

And on another note, didn't you learn your lesson after trolling the Jets forum for most of the year and then watching the Pats lose to the Jets in the playoffs?

blacknell
04-20-2011, 12:05 PM
seriously who gives a damn that they come out after the game and say oops i made a mistake? They need to get theat crap right the first time

nycericanguy
04-20-2011, 12:07 PM
I love how you ignore the actual point I was making to make a mindless statement like this.

Here is my point. In game 1 of Sixers - Heat the Sixers had a big lead. The Sixers gave up the lead and become down. The Sixers had a strong 4th quarter surge but the Heat in the last 2 minutes stopped the surge and did what they had to do to win, and win by enough to not have a blown call be relevant.

The Knicks had chances in both games to not let the Celtics take the lead and they had a chance to have a big enough lead late in the game to have 1 or 2 bad calls go against them and still win. That is my point. 1 or 2 or even 3 plays don't decide the game in any sport.

On the road in the playoffs, of course the home team is going to make a run, thats a given. BOS also blew a 10 point lead...it happens... the NBA is a game of runs. Not like NY blew a 20 point 4th quarter lead, then I could see your point.

And OF COURSE a game can be decided by 1 bad call! Are you kidding, in the playoffs alot of games come down to just that... ONE PLAY.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-20-2011, 12:08 PM
i can't understand how when the knicks lose, all of a sudden it's "oh, you beat a team with 2 stars with a bunch of scrubs." but, when they win, all of a sudden the scrubs transform into superstars.

Bill Walker, Jared Jeffries and Roger Mason will NEVER be superstars. They can score 40 points and they'll still be bums.

knicks=love
04-20-2011, 12:10 PM

you won by 3 against SCRUBS! WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU ****ING UNDERSTAND? you were obviously dropped as a baby if you're not worried at all. :facepalm:

Point? Again the Celts were facing a team with 4 bums and Melo. Well, 3 bums, a young inexperienced 2nd year backup PG and Melo. And they won on a last possession shot. Is that really something you should be proud of?

I think his point is considering the circumstances, the Celts should've won by 20+ rather then on a last possession shot. And say what you want but margin of victory has proven to be a good indicator of future performance. Granted, you can't take MOV in 2 games to mean much.

Considering the way they've played so far, I highly doubt the Celts will be able to beat the Heat. I was actually giving the Celts a 50-50 shot at the finals before the playoffs. I thought a potential Heat-Celts series would go 7 games. Now? Well, lets just say my opinion on the Celts has changed.

And on another note, didn't you learn your lesson after trolling the Jets forum for most of the year and then watching the Pats lose to the Jets in the playoffs?

giants fan here, but god damn.. GOT EM!

ayuntalo
04-20-2011, 12:12 PM

its funny that Celtics fan use the 42 points by Melo as an excuse. instead that should be Celtic's SHAME. a single guy with scrubs against the Great Celtic Mystic Defense really? i thought defense is your "masterpiece"

on the other hand, the game is over and the celtics won a clean game 2.
yes knicks are without their 2 other stars but it aint the celtics fault. give the celtics credit and get over with it. just hope knicks can come back

Gibby23
04-20-2011, 12:14 PM

The celtics went 7 games every round except the finals they year they won the championship. They are not worried about the Knicks and it shows in the way they have been playing. When Rondo was doing layup drills to start the game, they knew they would win no matter what the knicks did because the Celtics were able to score anytime they needed to.

ayuntalo
04-20-2011, 12:15 PM
funny thing though is NBA sees and admits mistake..BUT DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. so whats the sense Mr. Stern??

NickyNick
04-20-2011, 12:16 PM
"get over it"?????

get over it

its not your fault.....its not your fault

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfXpRn8uFL8&feature=fvst

Gibby23
04-20-2011, 12:16 PM
its funny that Celtics fan use the 42 points by Melo as an excuse. instead that should be Celtic's SHAME. a single guy with scrubs against the Great Celtic Mystic Defense really? i thought defense is your "masterpiece"on the other hand, the game is over and the celtics won a clean game 2.
yes knicks are without their 2 other stars but it aint the celtics fault. give the celtics credit and get over with it. just hope knicks can come back

Did you see the last defensive play from the Celtics? Or even the last 2? Jefferies got lucky the first time and the second time he was jefferies again. The Celtics forced Mello to pass both times and it worked.

Da Knicks
04-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Hooray they admitted they where wrong, does that make the series 1-1 now? No it doesnt it just makes the loss that much worse, and if we want to vent we can. Too bad all these pricks in here feel we should just stay quiet when the celts get all the calls. Knicks just need one win to get going!

Slimsim
04-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Can't wait till the heat bull magics and Celtics fans start complaining about the refs Can't wait

vantroi775
04-20-2011, 12:20 PM
lol so the knicks fans excuse now is that the celtics beat a bunch of scrubs. newsflash... we all knew that! your team consists of 2 scorers (one of which is injury prone), an "ok" OLD pointguard and a bunch of d-leaguers. this is no surprise to anyone. you never had a chance in this series. and unless you get 3 great defensive starters to go along with your 2 non-defending """"""""""stars""""""""", you will NEVEr win anything with that melo/amari duo. :)

tonydanza87
04-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Im a Knicks fan im just not 16 and realize that making a thread like this comes off as nothing but sour grapes. Now its steering towards "oh theres no way the Celtics will beat the Heat" I mean have some class. The officiating has sucked but the KNICKS lost the game not the referees. Any fan that thought we were taking the NBA by storm this postseason was delusional. We have been outcoached and in the final 2 min. of games outplayed, plain and simple, stop with this ref nonsense, ****** calls and all.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-20-2011, 12:21 PM
The celtics went 7 games every round except the finals they year they won the championship. They are not worried about the Knicks and it shows in the way they have been playing. When Rondo was doing layup drills to start the game, they knew they would win no matter what the knicks did because the Celtics were able to score anytime they needed to.

So you're saying they purposely waited for the final seconds of the game to start playing because they were 100% positive their game winners were going to go in?

Also, the year the Celts won the championship, they won a lot of blowouts. That's a little different then winning 2 games on a last possession shot. What if the Ray Allen and KG shots didn't go in? It seems a little ridiculous to half *** it until the last possession of the game.

I know you're thinking the Celts are like the Lakers and they just turn it on when they feel like it but when the Lakers know they have to win a game, they win it in a blowout, not on a last possession. And you don't see them have 2 lackluster games in a row. Also, that's not the Celtics mindset. They do play hard in each of their playoff games. And considering the age of the Celts, why would they want to fool around? I would think they would want to maximize their chances at rest. And that means blowing out a team with a bunch of scrubs and resting your older starters in the 4th.

tonydanza87
*been

topdog
Man, I know what this guy is saying... if refs hadn't made that bogus call against Michael Beasley when we were playing the Spurs, the Timberwolves would be playing the Lakers right now. FML!

jtchilln
04-20-2011, 12:23 PM

Again, who's fault is it that Amare took him self out of a playoff game and the Knicks had to play "scrubs"? Here is an idea, build a bench in NY..just a thought.

Who's trolling....?? I come in here and basically read a bunch of post from crying Knicks fans.....C'mon man, you're better than that. Their are probably 10+ calls each game that can go either way, good teams figure out out to get through the so called "bad calls".

You're 100% right...we might not beat the Heat but I'm not worried about them right now. I'll worry about that after Boston gets past NY.

Gibby23
04-20-2011, 12:25 PM
So you're saying they purposely waited for the final seconds of the game to start playing because they were 100% positive their game winners were going to go in?

Also, the year the Celts won the championship, they won a lot of blowouts. That's a little different then winning 2 games on a last possession shot. What if the Ray Allen and KG shots didn't go in? It seems a little ridiculous to half *** it until the last possession of the game.

Go look at the Atlanta Series from 2008. The Celtics don't give a crap about the Knicks. It shows by the way they play. They even changed their game plan because the Knicks let rondo score all he wants, so the Celtics went away from what they do, let Rondo go for 30, and still win.

smith&wesson
04-20-2011, 12:31 PM
delonte west also ran out on the court again in the 2nd game when garnet took somone down on a hard foul, actually it looked like most of the boston bench cleared out on to the floor.

refs are turning a blind eye. its a shame really..

magichatnumber9
04-20-2011, 12:32 PM
here we go......... more knicks fans :cry: about the refs. This doesn't surprise me. GET THE F OVER IT! I would be mad to if the no calls or bad calls were against the celtics, but you wouldn't see boston fans making threads about it after every game. Man Knick fans piss me off.This... quit crying your embarrassing the false toughness of your city.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Go look at the Atlanta Series from 2008. The Celtics don't give a crap about the Knicks. It shows by the way they play. They even changed their game plan because the Knicks let rondo score all he wants, so the Celtics went away from what they do, let Rondo go for 30, and still win.

Again, terrible example. THE CELTICS WON EACH GAME IN THE ATLANTA SERIES IN A BLOWOUT. That is VERY different then winning 2 games on a last possession shot.

And you still didn't answer my question. You're saying the Celtics have *** it for the whole game and are waiting until the FINAL POSSESSION to start playing? Why in the world would they do that?

And they've still played excellent defense. The problem has been offense. Thats been the Celts problem during the regular season too. Contrary to belief, defense alone doesn't win championships. You need some offense.

I know you're thinking the Celts are like the Lakers and they just turn it on when they feel like it but when the Lakers know they have to win a game, they win it in a blowout, not on a last possession. And you don't see them have 2 lackluster games in a row. Also, that's not the Celtics mindset. They do play hard in each of their playoff games. And considering the age of the Celts, why would they want to fool around? I would think they would want to maximize their chances at rest. And that means blowing out a team with a bunch of scrubs and resting your older starters in the 4th.

ayuntalo
04-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Did you see the last defensive play from the Celtics? Or even the last 2? Jefferies got lucky the first time and the second time he was jefferies again. The Celtics forced Mello to pass both times and it worked.

even awful defensive teams can play defense for a spurt.
GREAT DEFENSIVE TEAMS ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE LOCK DOWN DEFENSE THROUGHOUT THE GAME.
Jeffries bailed out the C's by not taking the shot at point blank range.
the knicks lose game 2 no excuse.
but be honest to yourself, Celtics arent the same since the Perkins trade, they have seriously declined.

magichatnumber9
04-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Can't wait till the heat bull magics and Celtics fans start complaining about the refs Can't wait
So in a way your admitting it's embarrassing to witness right?

Raph12
04-20-2011, 12:35 PM
How does this change anything now... The poor officiating is really annoying at times.

Gibby23
04-20-2011, 12:36 PM
even awful defensive teams can play defense for a spurt.
GREAT DEFENSIVE TEAMS ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE LOCK DOWN DEFENSE THROUGHOUT THE GAME.
Jeffries bailed out the C's by not taking the shot at point blank range.
the knicks lose game 2 no excuse.
but be honest to yourself, Celtics arent the same since the Perkins trade, they have seriously declined.

They play enough defense to get the W. They put 2 on Melo all the time after he got hot and were forcing scrubs to beat them, and the scrubs couldn't do it.

Knickrocketsfan
04-20-2011, 12:36 PM

stop embarrassing knicks fans with this statement

Vee-Rex
04-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Boo hoo cry me a river. We could examine that entire game and nit-pick every single call. Who cares if one team gets two BS calls at the end of the game if the other has been getting BS calls the entire game to keep them in?

But but, it was just Melo and scrubs! So what. It's the playoffs. Everyone is going to come to play, and Melo and these scrubs were hitting jumpshot after lucky jumpshot and having the ball bounce right into their hands for rebounds. The Knicks were INCREDIBLY lucky with having the ball bounce their way on missed shots.

I could whine and complain and make a thread about how the Lakers were given wayyyyyyyy more free throw shots in last year's finals, and how Stern gave them game 7 when they were losing, but it's over with. I won't make a thread about it because that's just lame.

Bad calls happen. It sucks. Maybe the Knicks could be up 2-0. Maybe they'd still be down 0-2. All the crying is pretty pathetic, though.

ayuntalo
04-20-2011, 12:39 PM
They play enough defense to get the W. They put 2 on Melo all the time after he got hot and were forcing scrubs to beat them, and the scrubs couldn't do it.

no arguement here. thanks for being honest :clap:

chicago lulz
OP made his point ith the previous 2-3 threads made about officiating. We get it, refs ****ed up. You're just repeating yourself. If I recall Knicks had a decent lead during the game. Why were they not able to keep or build on that league. The miscall may have effected that one play but it didn't effect what went on beforehand (Knicks losing the lead).
Quit acting as if it's entirely the refs fault, and start putting more blame on the teams. Your team lost and admission to mistakes by the nba doesn't change the fact.

Gibby23
Boo hoo cry me a river. We could examine that entire game and nit-pick every single call. Who cares if one team gets two BS calls at the end of the game if the other has been getting BS calls the entire game to keep them in?

But but, it was just Melo and scrubs! So what. It's the playoffs. Everyone is going to come to play, and Melo and these scrubs were hitting jumpshot after lucky jumpshot and having the ball bounce right into their hands for rebounds. The Knicks were INCREDIBLY lucky with having the ball bounce their way on missed shots.
I could whine and complain and make a thread about how the Lakers were given wayyyyyyyy more free throw shots in last year's finals, and how Stern gave them game 7 when they were losing, but it's over with. I won't make a thread about it because that's just lame.

Bad calls happen. It sucks. Maybe the Knicks could be up 2-0. Maybe they'd still be down 0-2. All the crying is pretty pathetic, though.

No they wern't. The celtics are not a good rebounding team.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Again, who's fault is it that Amare took him self out of a playoff game and the Knicks had to play "scrubs"? Here is an idea, build a bench in NY..just a thought.

Who's trolling....?? I come in here and basically read a bunch of post from crying Knicks fans.....C'mon man, you're better than that. Their are probably 10+ calls each game that can go either way, good teams figure out out to get through the so called "bad calls".

You're 100% right...we might not beat the Heat but I'm not worried about them right now. I'll worry about that after Boston gets past NY.

Amare took himself out of the game? Do you have any clue what you're talking about? He literally couldn't move. He had to have someone put on his shoes for him. I've had back spasms before. You literally can't move and trying to jump? forget it.

I haven't said anything about the refs in this thread. And I haven't blamed the Knicks losses on refs. The Celts are a better team. I even predicted they'd win this series. But you were trolling. And you have a reputation for trolling. What you said doesn't change that fact. Are a lot of Knicks fans being babies about the refs? Yes but that doesn't change the fact that you were still trolling.

iced_earth4
04-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Knick Fans!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoxl8IK7po

Lo Porto
04-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Jazz fan here so I'm neutral.

Game 1 was ridiculous. How does Amare not go to the line on both those drives late in the 4th when Jermaine/Garnett fouled him? What was that call against Melo when Pierce was all over him? How do they not call the illegal screen on Garnett when Douglas got sent to the floor?

One bad call is one thing. Multiple bad calls is just unacceptable. I don't blame Knick fans for being upset about Game 1.

topdog
04-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Jazz fan here so I'm neutral.

Game 1 was ridiculous. How does Amare not go to the line on both those drives late in the 4th when Jermaine/Garnett fouled him? What was that call against Melo when Pierce was all over him? How do they not call the illegal screen on Garnett when Douglas got sent to the floor?

One bad call is one thing. Multiple bad calls is just unacceptable. I don't blame Knick fans for being upset about Game 1.

I think this could have been a decent thread if the OP hadn't made bold claims such as the Knicks should be ahead 2-0. How people present a discussion helps to color the rest of it.

latinofire21
04-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Like I said earlier, I agree that there have been a few bad calls, but at the same time, wouldn't the Knicks be the team that Stern would want to play the Heat in the second round?????? I mean NYC is the mecca of sports, and msg is the mecca of basketball.

Knicks vs Heat = Melo & Stat vs Big 3= Hella Ratings

Celtics vs Heat = Big 3 vs Old 3 and young 1= really good ratings

Just to point a flaw in your thinking. Celtics vs Lakers highest rating ever for NBA. So I think they may just want the Celtics there a little more then the Knicks.

ne3xchamps
04-20-2011, 01:20 PM
delonte west also ran out on the court again in the 2nd game when garnet took somone down on a hard foul, actually it looked like most of the boston bench cleared out on to the floor.

refs are turning a blind eye. its a shame really..

:facepalm: all it would have been is a delay of game, they called a timeout. It would have been the 1st delay of game, so nothing would of came out of it. You really are digging deep now aren't ya?

nycericanguy
04-20-2011, 01:22 PM
I think this could have been a decent thread if the OP hadn't made bold claims such as the Knicks should be ahead 2-0. How people present a discussion helps to color the rest of it.

agreed, but the OP is known for wanting to start controversy. NY COULD be 2-0, but more likely I think this series should be 1-1 right now.

Game 2 was pretty clean, NY was just unfortunate to lose CB & Amare, but certainly not the Celtics fault.

Double_R
04-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Just to point a flaw in your thinking. Celtics vs Lakers highest rating ever for NBA. So I think they may just want the Celtics there a little more then the Knicks.

Ok, so where's the flaw, I never said that it wouldn't be a highly rated series, I just said that the Knicks vs Heat is something that would probably draw a bigger rating that the Heat vs Celtics.

The Celts are getting to be played, they are aging and when people see the same team over and over they get over them, ratings don't go up the more you see something. Another thing is that the Lakers are what make the draw more so than the Celts. This isn't the 80s, not everyone is a Celts fan, but NYC however has a bigger fan base and has a buzz around them unlike the last 10 years.

Evolution23
Celtic fans are just happy right now casue the calls went their way. Wait till the same thing happens to you, lets see how reasonable you all are.

ne3xchamps
Knick Fans!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoxl8IK7po

lmfao :laugh::laugh:

JSportsBullies
04-20-2011, 01:30 PM
As a Knick fan I'm pissed at both games. They should have won both. There are a lot of calls going the Celtics way, especially at the end of the game.

Game 1 it was all Amare, they did blow a huge lead, but the no call lead to the game winning 3 by Allen.

Game 2 was all Melo and Rondo. The Knicks should have won again, bad calls again in Celtics favor. The one I remember is the foul they gave to Melo that Big Baby even thought was going to him. Jefferies is a coward and should have taken the shot at end of game 2. i hate him so much, he is a waste on the court. He had 2 huge plays in last second of game and failed both times letting Garnett score and trying a garbage pass instead of shooting and letting Garnett get the ball.

I'm just so frustrated with the refs, they can't seem to decide when to let them play or make calls. I just want consistency. There were plays where calls didn't get played because the refs were out of position. They seem as bad as the refs in college. The only call that really went the Knicks way was the non-Back court call.

To the people calling Knicks fans complainers and saying their teams fans would never make threads, that BS and we all know it. This is a sports forum, people complaining is pretty much the point of it.

Lets see how Boston fares in New York. Still say this goes to game 7. And this series going that long and the reforming of a rivalry between Boston, NY, and Miami is great for the NBA.

ne3xchamps
04-20-2011, 01:39 PM
As a Knick fan I'm pissed at both games. They should have won both. There are a lot of calls going the Celtics way, especially at the end of the game.

Game 1 it was all Amare, they did blow a huge lead, but the no call lead to the game winning 3 by Allen.

Game 2 was all Melo and Rondo. The Knicks should have won again, bad calls again in Celtics favor. The one I remember is the foul they gave to Melo that Big Baby even thought was going to him. Jefferies is a coward and should have taken the shot at end of game 2. i hate him so much, he is a waste on the court. He had 2 huge plays in last second of game and failed both times letting Garnett score and trying a garbage pass instead of shooting and letting Garnett get the ball.

I'm just so frustrated with the refs, they can't seem to decide when to let them play or make calls. I just want consistency. There were plays where calls didn't get played because the refs were out of position. They seem as bad as the refs in college. The only call that really went the Knicks way was the non-Back court call.

To the people calling Knicks fans complainers and saying their teams fans would never make threads, that BS and we all know it. This is a sports forum, people complaining is pretty much the point of it.

Lets see how Boston fares in New York. Still say this goes to game 7. And this series going that long and the reforming of a rivalry between Boston, NY, and Miami is great for the NBA.

newbee's :facepalm:

nickdymez
04-20-2011, 01:42 PM

lol@ this post. You realize the NBA admitted to mistakes and thats why the Knicks fans are making threads about it. These were huge mistakes that cost them the win...

JSportsBullies
04-20-2011, 01:50 PM
"Newbies"

Are you saying I'm a newbie.
Look the internet is maybe up 90% of people complaining about something or someone.

I was just making a point of saying that saying people should stop saying that everyone is complaining, it doesn't add anything to the discussion. It just takes up space. Instead write something that adds something.

Yea, me and a million other Knicks fans are complaining because the refs changed the out come of the game. A bad call 2 secs in or 2 secs left still effects the final score. Refs need to be held accountable just like anyone else.

Yes there will be mistakes and thus the fans of the team getting screwed will complain.

Hitman21
04-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Do not generalize all knicks fans based on what a few posters say on this website. Yes there were bad calls made...should the series be different..who knows..all that matters is that we are down and now we have to come back...which wont happen.

All i know is...if boston is struggling this much against a depleted knicks team, then get ready to be stomped out in the next round

redsox0717
04-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Do not generalize all knicks fans based on what a few posters say on this website. Yes there were bad calls made...should the series be different..who knows..all that matters is that we are down and now we have to come back...which wont happen.

All i know is...if boston is struggling this much against a depleted knicks team, then get ready to be stomped out in the next round

Yep just like 2008 against the Hawks

Vee-Rex
04-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Boston struggled against Atlanta in 2008. Went 7 games. They struggled against Lebron (his teammates were nothing then) in 2008. Went 7 games. Boston won the championship that year.

Not saying Boston will do it this year but you can't say: DEY STRUGLIEN AGINST DEPLEETED KNIKS SO THEY GON LOOSE NXT ROUNDE!

The Cavaliers smoked Chicago last year. Orlando smoked Charlotte and Atlanta last year. Guess what? They both still lost to Boston.

All the great teams win tough games. So far Boston is up 2-0, but New York isn't gonna roll over. It won't be easy for Boston against New York, depleted team or not because this is the NBA playoffs.

JSportsBullies
04-20-2011, 02:05 PM
All the great teams win tough games. So far Boston is up 2-0, but New York isn't gonna roll over. It won't be easy for Boston against New York, depleted team or not because this is the NBA playoffs.

This is true but to me this seems to be a year of change in NBA. So many great teams have lost a game or almost in first round. There are lots of young teams looking to be moving up the ladder as others are moving down. This is definitely one of the best playoffs in recent years.

Punk
04-20-2011, 02:13 PM
First off, who's crying? Learn some new material already. Secondly, that play turned the game around. Every Knick fan in the world deserves to be pissed about it considering we get screwed often home and road games.

If it was your team, "crying" would be often. Just watch.

The simple fact they are admitting they have "mistakes" pisses me off because I know it won't change. All they will do is admit when Joey Crawford starts handing out unnecessary techs instead of fining him, suspending him or telling him to knock it off.

The Knicks will win the next 2 games. The problem I have is the fact, there was blatant things going on that THREE officials can't call.

Vee-Rex
04-20-2011, 02:14 PM
This is true but to me this seems to be a year of change in NBA. So many great teams have lost a game or almost in first round. There are lots of young teams looking to be moving up the ladder as others are moving down. This is definitely one of the best playoffs in recent years.

Truth!

I'm watching pretty much every game.

magichatnumber9
04-20-2011, 02:17 PM
In game 2 why was Carmelo trying to give KG a colonoscopy? Did anyone else see that?

JSportsBullies
04-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Can't wait to see all the BS make up calls.
Y can't they just call the game fair and even, then we could be pissed at players and teams for losing.
Bad calls ruin sports.

iggypop123
04-20-2011, 02:18 PM
saying it sould be 1-1 is more than fair. that game was stolen from them. game 2 was just choking.

jockrider
04-20-2011, 02:21 PM
i really hope celtics go in nyk and blow them just to end the *****ing.

shizzle09
04-20-2011, 02:24 PM
That was one of the worst missed calls ive ever seen. How do you miss KG first stick his leg right into douglas's leg causing him to trip. At the same time he stuck his elbow out. so he hit him with he elbow and the leg while KG was still moving. All 3 are fouls. moving screen, the elbow and the trip. all with the game on the line? awful. they didnt have to admit to this one. Knicks should have won that game plain and simple.

JSportsBullies
04-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Game 1 should have definitely been a win for Knicks if not for Refs. Game 2 was a combo of bad judgement by Jefferies, injuries, and bad calls. Both games were won in last seconds of games, thats amazing.

If you want the Celtics to blow out Knicks your not a basketball fan. These have been the two most intense games of playoffs. Any fan would love to see this series be a slug fest like this. Watching this series is like looking into the past. Very little show off plays, physical play, grinding by both teams to stay close.
This hopefully will be the start of a re-newed Celtics/Knicks rivalry.

If you don't like the discussions go to another forum or thread.

Kashmir13579
04-20-2011, 02:36 PM
2-0? Really?

not at all. we would be 1-1 at worst. 2-0 if Amar'e didn't get hurt. care to tell me how its "straight up fiction"? i'd really like to hear more from you on this..

jockrider
04-20-2011, 02:38 PM
That was one of the worst missed calls ive ever seen. How do you miss KG first stick his leg right into douglas's leg causing him to trip. At the same time he stuck his elbow out. so he hit him with he elbow and the leg while KG was still moving. All 3 are fouls. moving screen, the elbow and the trip. all with the game on the line? awful. they didnt have to admit to this one. Knicks should have won that game plain and simple.

even if they called the foul the knicks would be fouled and they would have to hit some freethrows so even if they hit both boston would have had a chance to tie it. so saying knicks "should" have won is a stretch.

jockrider
04-20-2011, 02:39 PM
not at all. we would be 1-1 at worst. 2-0 if Amar'e didn't get hurt. care to tell me how its "straight up fiction"? i'd really like to hear more from you on this..

you think Mello would have gone off like that if amare was still playing? amare would demand touches he may have been cold and cost them some buckets who knows anything could have happened,

NickyNick
04-20-2011, 02:39 PM

why would it be 2-0 if amare was there?

PatsSoxKnicks
04-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Yep just like 2008 against the Hawks

People keep saying this but its a bad comparison. The Celtics blew out the Hawks in every win. In their losses in that series, it wasn't unreasonable to say they looked disinterested. Now that may have been the case in the 2nd half of game 2 but what about game 1 and the first half of game 2? And as I said, the Celts haven't had any blowout wins in this series.

Also, that was the first time the Celts big 3 had played together in the playoffs. That's not the case here.

The fact of the matter is that during their wins against the Hawks in 08, they looked impressive. Again, that's not the case here.

JSportsBullies
04-20-2011, 02:41 PM
even if they called the foul the knicks would be fouled and they would have to hit some freethrows so even if they hit both boston would have had a chance to tie it. so saying knicks "should" have won is a stretch.

They were up by 1. Even if they hit one free throw there would have been so little time left that Boston would have very little chance to go down the court and get a shot off, and definitely not one as wide open (because of the foul).

Hitman21
04-20-2011, 02:44 PM

Bro..it was multiple calls....the offenseive foul on melo, the non call on KG, and celtics should have been issues a tech..for 6 people running off the bench. Not just west...DOC and Lawrence Frank all came off the bench. And the NBA rules clearly state..that is an assistant comes onto the court then a technical should be assesed right away.

Section V--Conduct
a. An official may assess a technical foul, without prior warning, at any time. A technical foul(s) may be assessed to any player on the court or anyone seated on the bench for conduct which, in the opinion of an official, is detrimental to the game. A technical foul cannot be assessed for physical contact when the ball is alive.
EXCEPTION: Fighting fouls and/or taunting with physical contact.
b. A maximum of two technicals for unsportsmanlike acts may be assessed any player, coach or trainer. Any of these offenders may be ejected for committing only one unsportsmanlike act, and they must be ejected for committing two unsports-manlike acts.
c. A technical foul called for (1) delay of game, (2) coaches box violations, (3) defensive 3-seconds, or (4) having a team total of less or more than five players when the ball is alive, or (5) an offensive player hanging on his basket ring or backboard, is not considered an act of unsportsmanlike conduct.
d. A technical foul shall be assessed for unsportsmanlike tactics such as:
(1) Disrespectfully addressing an official
(2) Physically contacting an official
(3) Overt actions indicating resentment to a call
(4) Use of profanity
(5) A coach entering onto the court without permission of an official

Kashmir13579
04-20-2011, 02:44 PM
you think Mello would have gone off like that if amare was still playing? amare would demand touches he may have been cold and cost them some buckets who knows anything could have happened,

why would it be 2-0 if amare was there?

we Lost by 3 with Jared Jeffries being our 3rd scoring option behind 'Melo and Douglas. i think that speaks for itself. it would not have been as easy to double 'Melo on that final possession (not to mention the entire game) and its likely Amar'e would've dunked that **** as opposed to the Jeffries TO. its pretty simple stuff for someone who watched every possession of the game.

Knicks have been getting dealt 7-2 off-suit in these playoffs and somehow manage to stay in it.

AddiX
04-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Kg has been setting moving screens both games, in game 2 he was doing it blatantly non stop,

jockrider
04-20-2011, 02:47 PM
They were up by 1. Even if they hit one free throw there would have been so little time left that Boston would have very little chance to go down the court and get a shot off, and definitely not one as wide open (because of the foul).

wrong, there was 19 secs left when kg fouled douglas if they fouled right away they would have enough time to bring up a play.

plus anyone notice mello foul pierce on that play? that would have fouled mello out the game.

iggypop123
04-20-2011, 02:48 PM
08 is a bad example. that celtics squad couldnt win on the road and atlanta had a crazy crowd. better than okc. this is different. the knicks should be tied at the worst if not for refs. maybe playing on the road could help them get focused but in no way is this similar

jockrider
04-20-2011, 02:49 PM
we Lost by 3 with Jared Jeffries being our 3rd scoring option behind 'Melo and Douglas. i think that speaks for itself. it would not have been as easy to double 'Melo on that final possession (not to mention the entire game) and its likely Amar'e would've dunked that **** as opposed to the Jeffries TO. its pretty simple stuff for someone who watched every possession of the game.

Knicks have been getting dealt 7-2 off-suit in these playoffs and somehow manage to stay in it.

who's to say you guys would be in the same situation? amare could have changed the game for better or worse.

JSportsBullies
04-20-2011, 02:50 PM
we Lost by 3 with Jared Jeffries being our 3rd scoring option behind 'Melo and Douglas. i think that speaks for itself. it would not have been as easy to double 'Melo on that final possession (not to mention the entire game) and its likely Amar'e would've dunked that **** as opposed to the Jeffries TO.

I hate Jeffries, he is so soft and scared. You could see it in that play. He is a big dude but chooses a terrible pass as opposed to throwing down the game winner.

roshan3ai
04-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Well this really helps now! Thanks! Now everything is all better.

NickyNick
04-20-2011, 02:54 PM

you dont get it, the game would of played out differently. it wouldnt of been amare in jeffries shoes on that last play. the score would have been different, melo wouldnt have gone off so much, maybe amare misses some shots and they are down 5 at that point.

you cant say if amare was there e would have won that game, the fact is no one knows what would of happened.

Kashmir13579
04-20-2011, 02:58 PM
who's to say you guys would be in the same situation? amare could have changed the game for better or worse.

Well excuse me if i choose to believe that since he leads the NBA in 4th quarters scoring and was just coming off a monumental performance in game 1 (where he made it perfectly clear Garnett can't guard him), he would've "changed the game" for the better. ya get it? 2+2 doesn't equal 5.

Kashmir13579
04-20-2011, 03:01 PM
you dont get it, the game would of played out differently. it wouldnt of been amare in jeffries shoes on that last play. the score would have been different, melo wouldnt have gone off so much, maybe amare misses some shots and they are down 5 at that point.

you cant say if amare was there e would have won that game, the fact is no one knows what would of happened.

so it wouldn't have made it A LOT more likely the Knicks get this win?? look, i'm not gonna sit here and argue with people who see no reason. 'Melo NEEDED Amar'e or Billups last night. if you don't understand that you didn't watch the freaking game.

JSportsBullies
04-20-2011, 03:02 PM

I agree Amare being in doesn't translate into a win. But you can't say they would be worse with him in.

NYKnicksAllDay
04-20-2011, 03:03 PM
So is the league admitting this supposed to make us feel better? Like someone else said, I wish they wouldn't have admitted it. With that said, it's over. Move on. No point on dwelling what's done. We've got two home games coming up and a damn good chance to tie this thing up. Oh and btw, I hate threads like these because it makes all Knick fans look like whiny idiots.

Kashmir13579
04-20-2011, 03:04 PM
I agree Amare being in doesn't translate into a win. But you can't say they would be worse with him in.

nahhh thats pretty much what they're saying. :laugh2:

Southsideheat
04-20-2011, 03:06 PM
calls are going to be missed, its part of sports. If there wasn't 9 different camera angles, we wouldn't even know the difference.

AddiX
04-20-2011, 03:10 PM
How about the rdiculous call on Anthony when he barely pushed Paul pierce in clutch time.

Or the no call on the play that knocked billups out the game.

If anyone watched nothing but the last 3 minutes of both games, there is no way anyone could say the celtics didn't get insane preferable treatment.

Piercefan34
04-20-2011, 03:10 PM

celtics always play down to their opponent that's what they've done since the big 3 came into being. Hawks '08 Bulls '10. Once we face someone they think is worth their time they'll stet their game up its what they do don't worry about them man. i'd start questioning your coaching down the stretch. just sayin

jockrider
04-20-2011, 03:11 PM
nahhh thats pretty much what they're saying. :laugh2:

you don't get it do you, if amare was playing maybe mello would have not gotton hot and maybe amare doesn't go off maybe he plays well but doesn't go off like mello did. who knows he could have made some mistakes down the stretch.

or maybe him and mello both go off and you guys win by 20.

JSportsBullies
04-20-2011, 03:11 PM
So is the league admitting this supposed to make us feel better? Like someone else said, I wish they wouldn't have admitted it. With that said, it's over. Move on. No point on dwelling what's done. We've got two home games coming up and a damn good chance to tie this thing up. Oh and btw, I hate threads like these because it makes all Knick fans look like whiny idiots.

You know what would make me feel better, Refs who blow big calls in playoffs( in all sports) to publicly apologize and resign or be fired. You are payed to watch a game and make the calls when they apply. If you can't do that you don't deserve a job.

I pray for the day when we can have robots as refs. We can make one play jeopardy, why not one that can call a BBall game.

JSportsBullies
04-20-2011, 03:14 PM
i'd start questioning your coaching down the stretch. just sayin

Dantoni doesn't wear a black and white striped shirt so how does he have an effect on the calls

knicks=love
04-20-2011, 03:15 PM

so do you check, raise, or fold?

netsgiantsyanks
04-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Bill Walker, Jared Jeffries and Roger Mason will NEVER be superstars. They can score 40 points and they'll still be bums.

that wasn't what i was trying to say. it's knick fans that look at them as if they were superstars.

Trueblue2
04-20-2011, 03:27 PM

The nba addmitted to an offiating mistake, how is that not thread worthy. When the NBA admits it it's a little more than *****ing.

nycsports2
04-20-2011, 03:30 PM
if you read my whole post you would have seen that I said I would be pissed. apparently you just wanted to read what you wanted to hear. We as boston fans just wouldn't make threads about it after every game. Blessed into the finals. you need to get a grip. how about the mental breakdowns the knicks have in the final minutes of games against the celtics? I can't wait until you guys are knocked out so I don't have to see you guys on here for awhile.

Youll just have to deal with us in yankee and jets jerseys anyway:eyebrow: bwahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! EVIL EMPIRE NYC!!! LOL

Lakerhead4ever
04-20-2011, 03:38 PM
these heat fans really hate the knicks lol no sympathy lol

Tuck&Rolle
04-20-2011, 03:44 PM
I love how fans of other teams say "get over it, it happens" really? I'd love to see how you felt if it were your team.

JSportsBullies
04-20-2011, 03:48 PM
I love how fans of other teams say "get over it, it happens" really? I'd love to see how you felt if it were your team.

Exactly I'm sure if the Big 3 were getting dogged by refs they would be talking and complaining just as much.

Lil Rhody
04-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Wow a Knicks fan admiting his team if full of scrubs and then says Bosh is top 10 hahahaha

Kashmir13579
04-20-2011, 04:05 PM

if Billups is back and Amar'e can give us 75% i'm going all in.

gotoHcarolina52
04-20-2011, 04:06 PM

The winner gets the Heat, so your best bet would be to fold. :D

Missing56&33
04-20-2011, 04:08 PM
I can understand missing some calls, and letting them play so to speak but when its so obvious and right in front of you ....right in front of the play its ridiculous to not call that foul. It was a game changing play. If you gonna cheat do it discretely. Like when Big Baby traveled....it was early in the game and he appeared to have gotten the pass off in time before he traveled....it looks better when you screw the away team inconspicuously.;)

ne3xchamps
04-20-2011, 04:09 PM

this.

chicago lulz
04-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Wow a Knicks fan admiting his team if full of scrubs and then says Bosh is top 10 hahahaha

funny sig

IceMan360
04-20-2011, 04:33 PM
It happened. Knicks are down 0-2. Get over it

:clap:
thread/

Purple&Gold24
04-20-2011, 04:41 PM
That sucks, I say it would have been 1-1

Kashmir13579
04-20-2011, 04:42 PM
that wasn't what i was trying to say. it's knick fans that look at them as if they were superstars.
oh really? show me these Knicks fans, please.

its an uphill climb, no doubt.

knicks=love
04-20-2011, 04:49 PM

haha come on, don't start with that.

OldSchool
04-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Its funny that the NBA admitted something we have been saying for days now...lol. Anyway... At least the Celtics fans know the deal now...lol. At this point it is what it is... we are down 2-0. We gotta win 2 at home to make it a series again.

Crackadalic
04-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Once again the op always start these types of threads only to get posters to start arguing over nothing and never answer himself.

IDK how admitting they were wrong helps us in anyway. Refs pretty much killed our chances the last 30 seconds in game 1 and we could have won game 2 but the better team won. Im over it and other knick fans should be over it to. On to game 3 yall

jzero
04-20-2011, 05:34 PM

well you are watching the NBA...where **** happens

jzero
04-20-2011, 05:35 PM
hell if the 6ers beat the heat then the knicks fans will be super upset if they lose because of this :p

midwestmadman
04-20-2011, 05:41 PM
I am growing tierd of hearing more about the officating than the games, and I don't blame us in these chat boards or the media. I blame the refs, and the fact that Stern never seems to try to get them on the same page. Why not have the refs get fined and suspended from now on? I want to see a game where a foul charged to LeBron James is the same for the 12th man in the roatation, no more bs superstar calls, no more swallowing the whistle. If we call bs handcheck touch fouls for one player call them for every player, it's bs and it needs to change. Let the players decide the games by the rules, and not by the judgement of the refs, enforce the league rules do not just make calls for the players the fans like.

koreancabbage
04-20-2011, 05:46 PM
they are down 2-0, big whoop, expected it to be like this anyways. the only thing is how close each game is. if people are complaining about one missed (okay exaggerating, there is more but none as big as the ones stated) call in the whole 48 minutes of gameplay, well, the Knicks better play and avoid situations like this.

If the Knicks play better and avoid letting the game being so close that one call would make or break them, then there should be no problem.

mizzacNYC
04-20-2011, 05:50 PM
This thread was exhausting... Bottom-line everybody knows the calls were horrible even the Celtic fans although they'll never admit thats what won them game 1. The NBA admitting the mistake only co-signs the notion.

So Knick fans no need to go at it with Celtic fans over it outside of the NBA agreeing about the calls we have no wins to go with it. The fans are fans so weather they sqweek by or blow us out the Celtics are still gonna be the best thing since slice bread to them. As for the Celtics team, players and coach realize they are very lucky to make it out 2-0 at home.

I just hope that the refs. have had to answer for those calls or lack there of so in the future meaning game 3 our stars can get the same treatment as the Celtic stars or vise versa especially down the stretch in a close game.

As for game 2 I have my complaints with the Knicks as a team and its coaching but I was extremely proud of the effort as a whole, it shouldn't have even been close. I hope this put the battery in our backs knowing we have everything we need to beat the Celtics even on their floor. Having Billups and STAT back for game 3 in MSG wouldn't hurt either. Celtics we're coming for that head better keep ya guard up...

PatsSoxKnicks
04-20-2011, 05:54 PM

No rational Knick fan looks at Jeffries, Mason or Bill Walker as a superstar. I ****ing hate Jeffries. He's garbage. And I don't really see any Knicks fans that look at them as if they are superstars? :confused: They suck. We know it.

BigBlueCrew
04-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Thats what I wanted to know. What Knicks fan thought Mason, Jeffries, or Walker was a superstar? I didnt even want Jeffries taking the either of the final two shots.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-20-2011, 06:08 PM
celtics always play down to their opponent that's what they've done since the big 3 came into being. Hawks '08 Bulls '10. Once we face someone they think is worth their time they'll stet their game up its what they do don't worry about them man. i'd start questioning your coaching down the stretch. just sayin

So you're saying that the Celts purposely let the game come down to the last possession in 2 straight games? I can understand 1 game but 2 straight? Even when the Lakers fool around in the playoffs, they never play down to their competition for 2 straight games.

And did you even watch the Hawks series? The Celts won all 4 games in blowouts. Not close games. Pretty different if you ask me. And the Bulls in 10? Yeah, they struggled that series. They didn't play down to their competition; they just struggled because in the VERY next series, they lost to the Magic (including getting blown out in game 7). Granted, they didn't have KG that year, so obviously that's completely different circumstances. But lol at how much you appear to know about your own team (using the Bulls in 10 was a bad example).

Yes, our coaching sucks down the stretch. What's your point? What does that have to do with the fact that the Celts are struggling at home to beat a beat up Knicks team? You want me to bow down and call the Celtics title favorites because of the way they're playing against the Knicks? Won't happen. The Knicks aren't title contenders. The Celts are supposed to be. But they certainly don't look it. If you're telling me you aren't worried about the Celts, then I think you're a liar.

amos1er
04-20-2011, 06:13 PM
i wouldn't go that far, they messed up... but i dont think the NBA is trying to get BOS in the finals, you could argue they would want NY to advance to meet MIA

they messed up, it hurts but we gotta move on, i dont think its a conspiracy, i think refs are human and they got caught up in the crowd.

I would go that far. There have been many times that a team has been ****ed in very questionable ways and the real problem is that it happens all too often for it to be "just a mistake".

Remember some of their biggest cheats. Think back to how they extended the Lakers vs Sacramento series back in 2002. They cheated for Sac in game 3 and LA in game 6. They will even cheat to make one team win over another like they did in the 2004 finals. They screwed the Lakers hard core especially in game 4. They cheated in the 2006 finals for Miami Wade set finals records for individual freethrow attempts, including in a pivotal game 5 when he shot 25 freethrows which was more than the entire Mavs team shot. He also received a last minute BS call that gave the Heat the game. They cheated the Suns in 2007 against the Spurs. They ****ed the Lakers in 2008 in game 2 where Leon Poe shot more freethrows than the entire Lakers team. Not saying that the refs cost the Lakers the series, just saying that they cost the Lakers game 2.

Even Tim Donaghy came out and admitted that the refs were told by Stern to influence the outcome of games. I don't know why there are people out there who actually think that David stern is all about fair play...he is all about market share and profits...if it is convenient for him he will play fair, and if there is a chance to gain market share by having one team (that may contain a "superstar player" he is trying to hype up or hype down) win over another then he will have the refs do his bidding. The original poster was exactly right...the NBA is like the WWE...only the players are not in on it. I am a fan of the NBA and after many years I have come to except that....many of you should open your eyes and do the same.

uprightciti
04-20-2011, 06:17 PM
the knicks will win the next 2 games because they got ****ed with bad officiating and should have won both of those games

Kashmir13579
04-20-2011, 06:35 PM
This thread was exhausting... Bottom-line everybody knows the calls were horrible even the Celtic fans although they'll never admit thats what won them game 1. The NBA admitting the mistake only co-signs the notion.

So Knick fans no need to go at it with Celtic fans over it outside of the NBA agreeing about the calls we have no wins to go with it. The fans are fans so weather they sqweek by or blow us out the Celtics are still gonna be the best thing since slice bread to them. As for the Celtics team, players and coach realize they are very lucky to make it out 2-0 at home.

I just hope that the refs. have had to answer for those calls or lack there of so in the future meaning game 3 our stars can get the same treatment as the Celtic stars or vise versa especially down the stretch in a close game.

As for game 2 I have my complaints with the Knicks as a team and its coaching but I was extremely proud of the effort as a whole, it shouldn't have even been close. I hope this put the battery in our backs knowing we have everything we need to beat the Celtics even on their floor. Having Billups and STAT back for game 3 in MSG wouldn't hurt either. Celtics we're coming for that head better keep ya guard up...

So you're saying that the Celts purposely let the game come down to the last possession in 2 straight games? I can understand 1 game but 2 straight? Even when the Lakers fool around in the playoffs, they never play down to their competition for 2 straight games.

And did you even watch the Hawks series? The Celts won all 4 games in blowouts. Not close games. Pretty different if you ask me. And the Bulls in 10? Yeah, they struggled that series. They didn't play down to their competition; they just struggled because in the VERY next series, they lost to the Magic (including getting blown out in game 7). Granted, they didn't have KG that year, so obviously that's completely different circumstances. But lol at how much you appear to know about your own team (using the Bulls in 10 was a bad example).

Yes, our coaching sucks down the stretch. What's your point? What does that have to do with the fact that the Celts are struggling at home to beat a beat up Knicks team? You want me to bow down and call the Celtics title favorites because of the way they're playing against the Knicks? Won't happen. The Knicks aren't title contenders. The Celts are supposed to be. But they certainly don't look it. If you're telling me you aren't worried about the Celts, then I think you're a liar.

:clap:

JSportsBullies
04-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Even Tim Donaghy came out and admitted that the refs were told by Stern to influence the outcome of games. I don't know why there are people out there who actually think that David stern is all about fair play...he is all about market share and profits...if it is convenient for him he will play fair, and if there is a chance to gain market share by having one team (that may contain a "superstar player" he is trying to hype up or hype down) win over another then he will have the refs do his bidding. The original poster was exactly right...the NBA is like the WWE...only the players are not in on it. I am a fan of the NBA and after many years I have come to except that....many of you should open your eyes and do the same.

I completely agree with you. This series going the full 7 either way helps the NBA. Its 2 of the biggest sports cities and 2 original teams. Stern is foaming over the idea of a NY/Boston rivalry and the return of basketball in NY. The only thing people are talking about in the sports world is this. No one talks hockey, baseball just started, and NFL is dead with the lock out. Stern gets all the coverage on ESPN and websites. He wants to squeeze out all he can before the possible NBA lock out.

BullsFan_1
04-20-2011, 07:06 PM
It's great that they came out and said that they made a mistake, but what is the point? If nobody is going to be held accountable, then just don't say anything... It makes no sense.

koreancabbage
04-20-2011, 07:20 PM
the knicks will win the next 2 games because they got ****ed with bad officiating and should have won both of those games

how does this reasoning help the Knicks in winning the next two games? lol

knicks4life33
04-20-2011, 07:21 PM
funny thing is even paul pierce said the first game the last possession when carmelo had the ball and they called a offensive foul on him it was a horrible call and he didnt foul him lol

SteBO
04-20-2011, 07:23 PM
funny thing is even paul pierce said the first game the last possession when carmelo had the ball and they called a offensive foul on him it was a horrible call and he didnt foul him lol
I just remembered that. Haha. Those first two games were just horribly officiated at the end.

what54!?
04-20-2011, 07:26 PM
why are they admitting it? this doesn't help the knicks at all

championships
04-20-2011, 07:37 PM
I have to admit, I was totally wrong on this one. I am shocked that the NBA released this statement. Even though true, They almost never admit mistakes on personal foul calls.

championships
04-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Maybe the NBA is trying to make some kind of point to the referee union.

Crackadalic
04-20-2011, 07:51 PM
I just don't see how admitting their mistakes helps us in anyway. Questionable calls in a lot of the games in the 1st round. Stern better address this after the season is over and have them be more consistent in their calls. Maybe have 4 refs at a game this time or get rid of all those camera crews thats blocking the refs full view of the game

DCB/LAL
04-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Meh... the Knicks filed a complaint and provided video evidence of the missed call, the league HAD NO CHOICE but to issue a statement.

Any team can do this really...there are plenty of missed calls at the end of game whether it be charges etc... the only difference is MOST teams and coaches move on cause really there is no point in filing a complaint the fact remains you STILL LOST and that cant be changed... Knicks just decided to take it further and cry about it more most teams.

We've heard coaches complain about calls before and many of them have a case but ALMOST NEVER do they file complaints if they did the NBA would issue them an apologitic statement as well.

So whats the big deal? :shrug:

CityofTreez
04-20-2011, 08:00 PM
What a Joke, so does this make it acceptable. Ruin the outcome of a HUGE game, and then admit fault, and it's suddenly justified. These refs are given ALOT of credit/respect/income and they effect the game more the DAMN players.

It's getting pathetic, the officiating has been Consistent at being Inconsistent for years now!

Crackadalic
04-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Meh... the Knicks filed a complaint and provided video evidence of the missed call, the league HAD NO CHOICE but to issue a statement.

Any team can do this really...there are plenty of missed calls at the end of game whether it be charges etc... the only difference is MOST teams and coaches move on cause really there is no point in filing a complaint the fact remains you STILL LOST and that cant be changed... Knicks just decided to take it further and cry about it more most teams.

We've heard coaches complain about calls before and many of them have a case but ALMOST NEVER do they file complaints if they did the NBA would issue them an apologitic statement as well.

So whats the big deal? :shrug:

I guess Denver was crying about it too since they did the same thing. Point is it has to be more consistent and im not even talking about just this year but the last couple of years. A ref should never decide the outcome of a game

championships
04-20-2011, 08:15 PM
I do find it funny that the Knicks filed a complaint along with video evidence. I mean what are they looking for anyway? Are they happy the NBA went public to say it was a mistake? Cause that's all that can come out of it.
This didn't change the results whatsoever, They're still down 2-0. Maybe the knicks hope the refs will give them game 3.

KnicksR4Real
04-20-2011, 08:24 PM
There should be alot of bans handed out...

JordanFanatic
04-20-2011, 08:24 PM
If this was your team, you guys would be "crying" about this. The refs really need to open their eyes, the NBA should do play challenging.. KNICKS SHOULD BE UP 2-0 HANDS DOWN!

Chill_Will_24
04-20-2011, 08:26 PM
There are missed calls ll over the finals... Denver got screwed in the final seconds as well. Truthfully its your own teams fault for putting themselves in that situation by letting it come down to the wire. The Celtics have been playing horrible bb during the first round. They are lucky to be up. They should have blown out the Knicks both games with the way the Knicks played the first game and had no bodies on the second. IMO Boston sweeps this one. Notice how well Melo played last game.... WITHOUT Amare. They disrupt eachother. They still havent figured out how to play together. They each play better when the other is out of the game.

Chill_Will_24
04-20-2011, 08:29 PM
If this was your team, you guys would be "crying" about this. The refs really need to open their eyes, the NBA should do play challenging.. KNICKS SHOULD BE UP 2-0 HANDS DOWN!

Your wrong... HAND DOWN!!!

DCB/LAL
04-20-2011, 08:36 PM
I guess Denver was crying about it too since they did the same thing. Point is it has to be more consistent and im not even talking about just this year but the last couple of years. A ref should never decide the outcome of a game

Nobody is denying that it was a missed call... EVERYONE realizes it was the difference is the Thunder were given points where as the Celtics still had to hit the shot. Missed calls happen in every game LIKE I SAID EVERY TEAM can file complaints with video evidence and get an APOLOGITIC STATEMENT from the league as the Knicks did.

I mean honestly what is the league gonna say? That the their wasn't a missed call? Happens in every game difference is teams dont file compaints like the Knicks did which is why the league doesnt give statements on other missed calls.

And are you sure the Nuggets filed a complaint or did the league just decide to issue a statement?

Quietmoney
04-20-2011, 08:43 PM
To all the Celtic fans, I'll bookmark this thread and come back to it after game 3 and game 4 at the garden and see how your talking then. No one wants to get screwed by the refs! I repeat No One!! Now do the Knick fans need to get over it.. Yes they do. To be honest with the Celtic fans, I was very impressed with the way my team played. We did not shoot the ball as we normally do and was in the game minus two starters. It's good to be up 2-0 but the series isn't over by a long shot. Just curious to see how you guys would do without one or two of the big four?? Added with some lopsided officiating on the road in a hostile Madison Square Garden. I'll be looking for you guys when we get back our players and back to the garden. Oh... one more thing... Just a little food for thought, I've been a knick fan for many years and I've seen my team go up 2-0 a few times only to loose the series. Don't think for one moment that you guys have this rapped up. The worse thing you can do is count your chickens before they hatch. Ya'll have to win two more games and from the looks of how this thing is going, that could be a little bit harder than you think.

Vee-Rex
04-20-2011, 10:16 PM
To all the Celtic fans, I'll bookmark this thread and come back to it after game 3 and game 4 at the garden and see how your talking then. No one wants to get screwed by the refs! I repeat No One!! Now do the Knick fans need to get over it.. Yes they do. To be honest with the Celtic fans, I was very impressed with the way my team played. We did not shoot the ball as we normally do and was in the game minus two starters. It's good to be up 2-0 but the series isn't over by a long shot. Just curious to see how you guys would do without one or two of the big four?? Added with some lopsided officiating on the road in a hostile Madison Square Garden. I'll be looking for you guys when we get back our players and back to the garden. Oh... one more thing... Just a little food for thought, I've been a knick fan for many years and I've seen my team go up 2-0 a few times only to loose the series. Don't think for one moment that you guys have this rapped up. The worse thing you can do is count your chickens before they hatch. Ya'll have to win two more games and from the looks of how this thing is going, that could be a little bit harder than you think.

Paragraph breaks, please.

And calm down lol. You people are taking this really really badly. We could all leave our phone numbers in case the Knicks win the next 2 so you can call us and let us hear it.

The refs F'd up. They do a lot. I'd be happy to give you your foul calls for these 1st two games if the Celtics could get a lot of the BS foul calls waived from game 7 of last year's finals and have it replayed. Now that's just silly ain't it? Chill out.

dodie53
04-20-2011, 11:23 PM
good for the nba for admitting their mistakes

knicks4life33
04-21-2011, 12:07 AM
I rather have the nba say it was a foul instead of no it wasnt a foul cause us knick fans are goin have to always bring that up but im ready move on game 3

BleedingGreen9
04-21-2011, 07:58 AM
just be happy u made the playoffs at all now sit down and let the big boys play basketball

Knickrocketsfan
04-21-2011, 08:59 AM
newbee's :facepalm:

being on PSd longer does not give you the right to put someone else down.

magichatnumber9
04-21-2011, 09:11 AM

Celtic fans are not even talking. It's everyone else sick of the *****ing.

Supa
04-21-2011, 10:21 AM
NBA officials love the Knicks, game officials love Celtics, something got to give.

---

JSportsBullies
04-21-2011, 08:51 PM
I don't get why all u guys are hating on the Knicks. They got screw, we all know it. The Celtics have played like garbage the 2 games considering most people thought they would run over the Knicks.

Game 3 will show what both teams are really made of. Refs should be on their toes and call a good game, other wise there will be a riot in the garden.

Lastly anyone who thinks the Celtics will sweep hasn't been watching and is out of their mind.

ne3xchamps
04-21-2011, 09:04 PM

settle down. bookmark it, make it your homepage, I dont give a s-t. I for one said I would be pissed too, but I just don't see the purpose of b-ing about it in a thread after every game with bad calls. that is all. :laugh2: bookmarking it.

ne3xchamps
04-21-2011, 09:12 PM
being on PSd longer does not give you the right to put someone else down.

I wasn't putting them down. If you opened your eyes I bolded the part that I facepalmed him for. He thinks all most people do is piss and moan in these sports forums, which they don't. so here is an idea, how about you pay attention and read what I meant before you turn into a sensitive flower. and I can't believe this thread is still open! wow!

Mr Haha
04-21-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm a Knicks fan, and I'm glad that the NBA owned up to this, even though it doesn't do us any good. The last thirty seconds of game 1 was an all-time travesty.

To say that would should be up 2-0 is a real stretch, but 1-1 is reasonable. That said, it is definitely time to move on. We've got our first meaningful home playoff game in a decade tomorrow night, and we should be really thankful for that. Let's go Knicks!

cypherthor
04-21-2011, 10:27 PM
I will say thinks... we as Knick fans have not been in the playoffs in ages. It has been painful as a knick fans. People telling us to get over it when we nearly won a game and there was any doubt about the legitimacy of the loss sucks. What ever happened to the Cinderella treatment? I know if the heat or lakers had not been in the playoffs since 2004 I would be cheering for them to win, not hating on them.

jockrider
04-21-2011, 10:38 PM
I will say thinks... we as Knick fans have not been in the playoffs in ages. It has been painful as a knick fans. People telling us to get over it when we nearly won a game and there was any doubt about the legitimacy of the loss sucks. What ever happened to the Cinderella treatment? I know if the heat or lakers had not been in the playoffs since 2004 I would be cheering for them to win, not hating on them.

probably has something to do with their fans, and plus it's new york! no one cheers for ny sports outside of ny

Hoopsadvocate
04-21-2011, 10:39 PM
I hope the NBa admits the other mistake where the knicks went backcourt in the last game and it wasnt called so it will be even and knick fans can stop complaining.

Hoopsadvocate
04-21-2011, 10:42 PM

I originally did want the knicks to win to see a heat v knicks in round 2 and for the cinderella treatment as u called it but after hearing knicks fans whine and moan about the refs all the time and saying how good they are even thought they are 0-2 just because they took the celtics to close games made me change my mind.

Sweep em boston.

Wade>You
04-21-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm surprised they are fessing up to the "missed" calls, but until something is done about it, this is just blowing smoke to keep the masses under control.

Kashmir13579
04-21-2011, 10:53 PM
can't this thread just die already? it almost died then somebody bumped it. game 3 is tomorrow.

bklynny67
04-21-2011, 11:24 PM
at least they admitted it and maybe (hopefully) in the future they will start making the right calls at the end of games. to me, series should be 1-1... Knicks probably win game 1 if they call the Garnett foul. game 2 they simply beat us in the closing seconds.

it just really sucks cuz 1-1 would be a whole lot different right now.

bklynny67
04-21-2011, 11:26 PM
I hope the NBa admits the other mistake where the knicks went backcourt in the last game and it wasnt called so it will be even and knick fans can stop complaining.

how is that even? one of them was the game deciding play... they call the Garnett foul, the Knicks win... and IF the Knicks won game 2, it wouldn't have been because of the backcourt viol.

Crackadalic
04-21-2011, 11:35 PM
Can we stop *****in about the damn call. Its was a bad call but theres nothing to do about it. Close this ****. On to game 3 fellas

Gram
04-22-2011, 09:44 AM
I hate how every Celtic and Heat fan always say quit your crying... That's more annoying than the Knick fans crying themselves. :/

ne3xchamps
04-22-2011, 09:46 AM
probably has something to do with their fans, and plus it's new york! no one cheers for ny sports outside of ny

this.

koreancabbage
04-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Lol 'Bosh is a Top 10 players'. If this was Vietnam you'd be taken to the wood-line posting stupidity like this.

as of right now, he can be argued in some views. Just b/c he's averaging 18 and 8 as the third option and Amare is average 25 and 8 (who does average 7 more shots) as the main guy does now mean Amare is automatically a better player. Bosh could easily be beasting it right now with a averages of 26/11/3 in NY.

as of right now, Dirk/Amare/Bosh/Gasol (in no particular order) are the top PFs in the game. Amare and Bosh are both equally as good. and Both of them has led their teams to a .500 records anyways as the main guy.

celtics_4life
04-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Damn!!! what kind of knick fan r u???? sayin ur team sucks n ****! hella stupid! callin dem scrubs n bums! if u think u could do a better job as a refree then what r u waitin 4?? go apply!!!! thats good they admitted there mistakes becuz all this *****ing by knick fans is music to my ears! just take the L like a man!!! we will b seeing BS calls in NY! but the celtics r still gonna take the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ElMarroAfamado
04-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Poor Knicks....

ElMarroAfamado
04-22-2011, 01:43 PM
The Knicks have NO SIZE....so it be best for the rest of the league (leave other teams that can beat the Heat) for them to just get ousted...lord knows they could have won game 2 if they atleast had Mozgovs rebounding...

TRUTH-TELLER
04-22-2011, 01:51 PM
nba refs are more corrupt than the NYPD

assisi805
04-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Obviously.....