PDA

View Full Version : Why the Bobcats for CP3?

ODdFUTUrE49
04-19-2011, 02:22 AM
Aside from the fact he's from there and his sponsor Jordan owns the team I don't see why else he'd want to take his talents there I mean doesn't he want to win, Stephen Jackson is not the answer I'm sorry and Jordan doesn't always make the wisest of decisions..I have a thoery of him going to the Clippers and it being a ridiculous line up it may very well be what they need to turn the franchise around, imagine him feeding Griff all day and finding Gordon on the wing for 3 while still having intriguing players like Bledsoe, DeAndre Jordan, and Kaman...but let's be real it's the Clippers who wakes up and says I want to be Clipper haha..to me the Mavs should be the ideal destination for him and with Cuban always making a push to get better I wouldn't put it past him. What do you guys think?

GoatMilk
04-19-2011, 02:50 AM
ESPN spun it
read the article again

bholly
04-19-2011, 03:06 AM
Yeah, he got asked about going there, and he essentially said "I'll consider all my options" rather than just saying no. There's been no evidence to suggest they're really more likely than anyone else.

Whomewhome
04-19-2011, 03:09 AM
I hope and pray Dallas makes a run at him and gets him. Because if they do, they won't need Deron Williams. Deron is from the Dallas area and I expect Cuban to go hard after him in 2012.

ODdFUTUrE49
04-19-2011, 03:11 AM
oh ok guess I didn't catch that my fault..although it still is going to be interesting to see what route he decides to take.

ODdFUTUrE49
04-19-2011, 03:14 AM
I hope and pray Dallas makes a run at him and gets him. Because if they do, they won't need Deron Williams. Deron is from the Dallas area and I expect Cuban to go hard after him in 2012.

Ohh I most def. think he will go after him no question, as much as I dislike the Mavs..no denying they got one of the best owners, he never settles as no owner should.

Whomewhome
04-19-2011, 03:16 AM
Ohh I most def. think he will go after him no question, as much as I dislike the Mavs..no denying they got one of the best owners, he never settles as no owner should.
I hope Prokhorov is the same, although he will be more silent there is no question about that.

ODdFUTUrE49
04-19-2011, 03:20 AM
I hope Prokhorov is the same, although he will be more silent there is no question about that.

More silent indeed, it usually always seems to be the quiet one's who actually get it done.

Whomewhome
04-19-2011, 03:22 AM
More silent indeed, it usually always seems to be the quiet one's who actually get it done.
Silent but Deadly that's what we Nets fans are expecting.

ODdFUTUrE49
04-19-2011, 03:28 AM
Silent but Deadly that's what we Nets fans are expecting.

Must be nice haha..hope the new owners for the Warriors are the same way!:pray:

Knicks21
04-19-2011, 03:34 AM
As long Sterling is around, he wont be a clipper unfortunatley.

ODdFUTUrE49
04-19-2011, 03:40 AM
As long Sterling is around, he wont be a clipper unfortunatley.

Yea he's the reason why that franchise has had no success..it's a damn shame too cause the B.Griff and Gordon can ball! Good thing I'm not a Clippers fan ha.

DreamShake
04-19-2011, 04:00 AM
I doubt he goes to Charlotte, but it'd be cool so we wouldn't have him form another super team with stat and melo.

ODdFUTUrE49
04-19-2011, 04:16 AM
I doubt he goes to Charlotte, but it'd be cool so we wouldn't have him form another super team with stat and melo.

Let them all go to the east..in the end the west only plays one of them anyway!

millerandco
04-19-2011, 04:22 AM
he'd do awesome with the clips...but doubt it will happen

DreamShake
04-19-2011, 04:28 AM
Let them all go to the east..in the end the west only plays one of them anyway!

True. I just don't like the way the league is headed with all the super teams.

jrm2054
04-19-2011, 09:46 AM
I want him to go to mavs or knicks or magic

davids22
04-19-2011, 06:05 PM
I want Christ Paul to go to the Mavericks, Magic, or Clippers. All of those teams would pair him up with a big man who would DOMINATE having a true point guard like Christ Paul, especially one that can score like CP3 can.

CP3 + Dwight would probably be the grossest combo, as long as they keep their core shooters.
CP3 + Blake would provide the longest window for him to win championships
CP3 + Dirk and the rest of the Mavericks roster would probably be the immediate contenders but the shortest window.

bringinwood
04-19-2011, 06:15 PM
I want to see CP3 in Philadelphia...

Punk
04-19-2011, 07:06 PM

Well, Paul was the one who first mentioned a Big 3 in NY. So, it's inevitable that he joins.

jzero
04-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Well, Paul was the one who first mentioned a Big 3 in NY. So, it's inevitable that he joins.

it's not inevitable

drobe86
04-19-2011, 09:41 PM
cp3 needs a bigger market than charlotte. I think the Mavs are a possible desitination, but I think he stays.

davids22
04-20-2011, 01:45 AM
cp3 needs a bigger market than charlotte. I think the Mavs are a possible desitination, but I think he stays.

that's the single reason why the NBA is ******** when it comes to parity

KG2TB
04-20-2011, 01:54 AM
The Clippers would be the best destination if they had a different owner, different coach, and different uniforms :)

If I were a player, there's no way I would willingly sign to a team owned by Sterling. No way.

It'll be interesting to see what transpires. I wouldn't be surprised if he does go to NY. Dallas would be an interesting scenario. CP3 would know he's got an owner who will back him and just wants to win no matter what. I think there's still a small possibility he'll stay with NO, too.

THE MTL
04-20-2011, 01:55 AM
Seriously, I think Chris Paul to the Knicks is pretty much sealed up. "The Toast" was real ppl!

davids22
04-20-2011, 02:16 AM
Seriously, I think Chris Paul to the Knicks is pretty much sealed up. "The Toast" was real ppl!

Can the Knicks even financially do this? They signed Melo AND Amare to max contracts. That 2-man core will be around for-sure for the next 3 seasons(Melo for 3 and Amare for 4). The Knicks have almost nothing left to trade, so I think acquiring him next season is very far-fetched. Contracts for players always increase as the salary progresses on years, meaning Melo and Amare will be making slightly more in CP3's first year after free agency. CP3 would either have to take a paycut, or the Knicks would have to sign him to the biggest deal they could, and have almost NOTHING left for role players (Landry Fields will probably want to get paid within the next 3 years if his progression continues strong, and don't always count on someone taking a hometown discount).

For winning, the Knicks makes sense for CP3, but he could also take more money with just a slightly lower chance of winning (but still pretty damn good) in Orlando (if Dwight stays) or LA (Clippers).