PDA

View Full Version : NBA needs to do a better job protecting their players

latinofire21
04-18-2011, 11:29 PM
I have been saying this for years and unfortunately it has come to fruition. Anyone watching this Pacers Bulls game has to be mortified right now. The whole game has changed since the camera man took out Collison.

Why does the NBA allow them to sit under the basket? I was watching the replay and the guy is wearing timbs and stretched out like hes on a lawn chair. Nothing is said at all in the commentating and its just overlooked. If that was Rose I guarantee you people would be making NBA rule ammendments by the second half.

Its really sad that this Pacer team has the Bulls on the ropes and a serious injury that could have been avoided by due dilligence is going to seriously effect this series.

They go overboard on fines for techs and giving technicals out. They go overboard on fines for name calling (KOBE). However when it comes to getting comfortable right under the hoop and protecting your own product, forget it, lets get those cool dunk angles for the next playoff commercial instead of protecting the players.

I am starting to feel like the NBA is the WWE. They only issue statements that negatively effect them to draw more viewing, like they did with the poor officiating in the Denver game. Im still waiting for the Boston Knicks apology. That should be coming soon.

B-Ray
04-18-2011, 11:37 PM
I agree. The cameramen sit too close.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-19-2011, 12:06 AM
They too cheap to spend an extra $100-500 for a camera that allows great quality while being farther back.

sargon21
04-19-2011, 01:12 AM
they need to move those ****in cameras, imagine if a star player got hurt like that

redwhitenblue
04-19-2011, 01:15 AM
It's been like that for years, remember Rodman kicking the cameraman? Everyone thought that would initiate a move, it doesn't. the NBA makes great money off the posters that those guys get pictures for

Hellcrooner
04-19-2011, 02:59 AM
if nba cared for their players health there wouldnt be 82 games in the regular season.

there would be liek 40 t0 50 with no back to back nights.

you wouldnt believe the amount of players that wouldng have been lost for stardom because of frriggin injurys.

you wouldnt beleive the amoung of players that would TRHIve and play MUCh bETTEr if they had less games and hadnt to save legs so much.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-19-2011, 03:03 AM
if nba cared for their players health there wouldnt be 82 games in the regular season.

you wouldnt believe the amount of players that wouldng have been lost for stardom because of frriggin injurys.

you wouldnt beleive the amoung of players that would TRHIve and play MUCh bETTEr if they had less games and hadnt to save legs so much.

DD&P(Don't Drink & Post)

Whomewhome
04-19-2011, 03:12 AM
It's Funny this is the third time this week I hear the NBA is becoming like WWE! There must be some truth to it. I didn't see what happened in this incident but I know the League is becoming a joke thanks to officiating and petty little fines here and there

championships
04-19-2011, 03:32 AM
I have been saying this for years and unfortunately it has come to fruition. Anyone watching this Pacers Bulls game has to be mortified right now. The whole game has changed since the camera man took out Collison.

Why does the NBA allow them to sit under the basket? I was watching the replay and the guy is wearing timbs and stretched out like hes on a lawn chair. Nothing is said at all in the commentating and its just overlooked. If that was Rose I guarantee you people would be making NBA rule ammendments by the second half.

Its really sad that this Pacer team has the Bulls on the ropes and a serious injury that could have been avoided by due dilligence is going to seriously effect this series.

They go overboard on fines for techs and giving technicals out. They go overboard on fines for name calling (KOBE). However when it comes to getting comfortable right under the hoop and protecting your own product, forget it, lets get those cool dunk angles for the next playoff commercial instead of protecting the players.

I am starting to feel like the NBA is the WWE. They only issue statements that negatively effect them to draw more viewing, like they did with the poor officiating in the Denver game. Im still waiting for the Boston Knicks apology. That should be coming soon.

You have a point here. Those camera guys down there are dangerous. How many times do you see a player go flying into them?. Every time I see a laker go diving into that area I cringe and pray they get up.

As far as the bolded part, Don't hold your breathe.

lakeshow3peat
04-19-2011, 04:04 AM
How is NBA at fault? Players play the game not NBA shorter season or not there are still going to be injuries its part of the game .

millerandco
04-19-2011, 04:21 AM
agreed. i've always thought that...its always awful going for a layup when you know there is something there you could land on when you play in the playgrounds...let alone a whole heap of feet from cameramen

Lim
04-19-2011, 05:39 AM
true, its also stupid to have fans courtside with METAL chairs(Hi kobe).

mikealike305
04-19-2011, 09:32 AM
i dont like but camara guys being there either but that calm down. it sucks but its not like he broke something or got a concusion. sprained ankle. i saw it and i wouldnt say i was anywhere near "mortified". that should be changed but so do many more pressing issues

latinofire21
04-19-2011, 09:47 AM
i dont like but camara guys being there either but that calm down. it sucks but its not like he broke something or got a concusion. sprained ankle. i saw it and i wouldnt say i was anywhere near "mortified". that should be changed but so do many more pressing issues

The whole game changed. If you didnt notice, as soon as Collison went down, so did that 10 point lead. It very well changed this series. Like I said had it been Derrick Rose I guarantee something would have been done but since its a small market team its being overlooked.

MAC10TIZZY
04-19-2011, 09:53 AM

i agree

YoungOne
04-19-2011, 10:05 AM
I hate to see everytime a player has to dive into the stands to get the ball, thats just irresponsible and all about making money, how many players has to get hurt before they will change it??

Drunken Machine
04-19-2011, 11:39 AM
this is a little off-topic but i do believe that reducing the number of games in a season would benefit the players - especially the big men like Yao Ming. That would more than likely mean players will have to accept significant salary cuts. i guess the question is, what makes more money? the game itself or the players?