PDA

View Full Version : Celtics in their prime... Best starting 5 ever?

Frantico
04-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Watching the Celtics the other night i started wondering... If each player was in the PRIME of their career, position for position, would they be the greatest starting 5 ever?

Rondo
Allen
Pierce
Garnett
Shaq

Can you imagine Shaq and KG together up front, say ten years ago? How many rings would those 5 guys have? Does any team come close? If so, who and why?

Gram
04-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Rondo wasn't around ten years ago. ;)

i.got.the.nutz
04-18-2011, 08:50 PM
They would probably win 12 in a row.

Frantico
04-18-2011, 08:52 PM
I know Rondo wasn't around then. That wasn't the question. The question was: If you took each player in their PRIME - meaning Rondo this year (or last year), Allen and Pierce maybe 5/7 years ago, and Shaq and KG 10/12 years ago - would any team in the history of the NBA have beaten them?

sixer04fan
04-18-2011, 08:55 PM
If all players were in their prime, I would have to say the 2004 Lakers with Kobe/Shaq/Malone/Payton are up there... And they didn't even win the title lol.

J4KOP99
04-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Lakers 2004. Put me in there as the 5th starter and they're still better.

Payton in his prime
Kobe in his prime
Me in my prime
Karl Malone in his prime
Shaq in his prime

Malone&Shaq> KG and Shaq...

Payton is better than Rondo.

Kobe is lightyears ahead of Allen in his prime

and I've never been helped off of the court in a wheelchair... only to return about 2 minutes later. Thus giving me a slight edge.

sixer04fan
04-18-2011, 09:02 PM

Payton in his prime
Kobe in his prime
Me in my prime
Karl Malone in his prime
Shaq in his prime

and I've never been helped off of the court in a wheelchair... only to return about 2 minutes later. Thus giving me a slight edge.

Hahaha. But yeah seriously, 2004 Lakers > this Celtics team in everyone's prime...

Swashcuff
04-18-2011, 09:02 PM

Payton in his prime
Kobe in his prime
Me in my prime
Karl Malone in his prime
Shaq in his prime

I don't think he was comparing to other teams while they were all in their primes tho. He was talking about other starting 5s in general.

04-18-2011, 09:03 PM
i know

PurpleJesus28

Payton in his prime
Kobe in his prime
Me in my prime
Karl Malone in his prime
Shaq in his prime

:laugh:

both are pretty beastly lineups, dunno who id pick.

which team would have better chemistry? kobe had some issues w/shaq back in the day, would that effect the way Super-Lakers played with Malone and Payton in their primes too?

416+

Frantico
04-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I'd have to say that 2004 Lakers team in their prime might have been the greatest ever. And as much as Payton and Malone are respected, I still think they are WAY under rated. Still... no way Rick Fox can contain Pierce. I'd still take the Celtics.

J4KOP99
04-18-2011, 09:06 PM
I don't think he was comparing to other teams while they were all in their primes tho. He was talking about other starting 5s in general.

Oh, well then it's easily the Celtics... but this is a waste of time if that's the case. What other team has ever had 5 all-stars in their starting five... all in their prime?

The 2004 Lakers would be better than the current Celtics, if both teams were in their prime.

Kobe and shaq would be fine... chemistry issues or not.

roshan3ai
04-18-2011, 09:10 PM
It's up there, that's for sure

Swashcuff
04-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Oh, well then it's easily the Celtics... but this is a waste of time if that's the case. What other team has ever had 5 all-stars in their starting five... all in their prime?

The 2004 Lakers would be better than the current Celtics, if both teams were in their prime.

Kobe and shaq would be fine... chemistry issues or not.

I really don't think that makes a difference if we're having a hypothetical debate. Chemistry issues or not they are figured to be better.

Bluffmasta
04-18-2011, 09:13 PM
What about the Spurs in their prime ?

Parker healthy
Ginobili healthy
Jefferson
mcdyess
and Duncan

Swashcuff
04-18-2011, 09:14 PM

Parker healthy
Ginobili healthy
Jefferson
mcdyess
and Duncan

Not even close.

Bluffmasta
04-18-2011, 09:15 PM
What about the heat ?
Bibby in his prime
Wade
James
Bosh
Big Z or Jamal Magloire

i.got.the.nutz
04-18-2011, 09:18 PM
What about the heat ?
Bibby in his prime
Wade
James
Bosh
Big Z or Jamal Magloire

Shaq/Malone or Shaq/KG would obliterate Miami's front line.

Swashcuff
04-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Shaq/Malone or Shaq/KG would obliterate Miami's front line.

I think he's talking about this season however.

Nikeman
04-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Malone is sooooo underrated... I believe he is the second leading points scorer of all time?

He was the mailman, he'd take a dump on KG.. That's why I got the Lakers.

Payton>>Rondo- Rondo is a better passer, but Payton is light years ahead in offense.

Kobe>>>>>>> Allen- no doubt

Fox<<< Pierce

Malone>>> KG

Shaq=Shaq

As far as Chemistry, Celts win

They have an amazing fit, with Shaq as dominant post scorer, KG as an elite post defender who can score, Pierce as a scorer/slasher, Allen as a shooter, and Rondo as a QB type passer. Lakers is mainly scorers.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-18-2011, 09:28 PM
I remember seeing a video game simulation on NBA Live 02(I think) on some website with this starting five and they went 82-0 and won every playoff game.

Bluffmasta
04-18-2011, 09:30 PM
i also like the 03 spurs
parker
gino
bowen/jackson
duncan
robinson

that would be a great defensive team.

MiamiWadeCounty
04-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Not to be a homer, just want to mention a team that would have been great in their prime.

06 Champion Heat Team 8 man rotation:
PG: J. Will/Gary Payton
SG: Wade
SF: A. Walker/Posey
PF: Mourning/Haslem
C: Shaq

G. Payton > Rondo
D. Wade > Allen
A. Walker < Pierce
A. Mourning < KG - although I believe they are equal defensively
Shaq = Shaq

Bluffmasta
04-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Not to be a homer, just want to mention a team that would have been great in their prime.

06 Champion Heat Team 8 man rotation:
PG: J. Will/Gary Payton
SG: Wade
SF: A. Walker/Posey
PF: Mourning/Haslem
C: Shaq

G. Payton > Rondo
D. Wade > Allen
A. Walker < Pierce
A. Mourning < KG - although I believe they are equal defensively
Shaq = Shaq

did Mourning start at pf on that team? i honestly cant remeber i thought he was the back up center ?

EDIT: NEVERMIND

RipCity32
04-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Hahaha. But yeah seriously, 2004 Lakers > this Celtics team in everyone's prime...

Haha but seriously 2004 pistons

hotpotato1092
04-18-2011, 09:48 PM
If Clyde Drexler would have played one more year Houston would have had Hakeem, Barkley, Pippen and Drexler with Cutino Mobley (very underrated) as the fifth starter. Not as good as some of the others mentioned, but deserves to be mentioned. How about the current Mavs? Kidd, Caron, Peja, Marion and Dirk in their primes would be an offensive juggernaut. How about the '07 Suns with Nash, Grant Hill, Shaq, Amare and Barbosa? These may not be the best ever, but just some cool ones to think about. Btw I'd take the '04 Lakers over the current Celtics, people forget, they had a ton of older guys on that team. Horace Grant and Rick Fox would be huge in their primes for that group.

BKdoubleStacker
04-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Haha but seriously 2004 pistons

haha but seriously 09 and 10 lakers

TrueFan420
04-18-2011, 10:29 PM

Payton in his prime
Kobe in his prime
Me in my prime
Karl Malone in his prime
Shaq in his prime

While I agree that the 04 lakers in their prime are better than the celtics in their prime I think the players on the celtics mesh better. you have a pass first pg, a deadly shooter at the 2, a slasher at the 3, defence and post game at 4 and shaq at the five. Whereas with the lakers i think the biggest problem lies with getting the mail man to fit in with shaq plus kobe on top of all of that.

Astronaut
04-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Uhh, how about the 80's Celtics teams....
'04 Lakers...
Spurs..

The question isn't whether they mesh better, its how they look on paper.

sixer04fan
04-18-2011, 10:35 PM
The '88 Eastern All Star team starting lineup:

Isiah Thomas
Michael Jordan
Larry Bird
Dominique Wilkins
Moses Malone

Hellcrooner
04-18-2011, 10:43 PM
lets play along and 84 lakers players were all prime at same time

magic, wilkes, worthy,mcaddo, kareem that eats alive any other team .

JCmasta
04-18-2011, 10:46 PM
KG and Shaq on the same team in their prime? Oh my god, good luck scoring.

ny212
04-18-2011, 10:51 PM
are you serious its def the 04 lakers over the celtics now....the lakers had horace grant, bryon russel,rick fox,deaven george on the bench..in their primes they were very good roll players..derek fisher was on the bench also

Frantico
04-18-2011, 11:24 PM
The original question was the STARTING 5 in their prime against other REAL teams (Jordan's Bulls, 80s Celtics, etc...) - would they be the greatest starting 5 ever? I never mentioned the bench.

BlondeBomber41
04-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Yeah, if you're mentioning the bench the Celtics have another MVP caliber performer in his prime coming off the bench in Jermaine O'Neal.

JPHX
04-19-2011, 12:51 AM
this always comes up wherever shaq goes. basically use the "prime" scenario on any of Shaq's previous teams and that would be a pretty damn good team. He was just that dominant.

BleedingGreen9
04-19-2011, 01:34 AM

They didnt even win that year??? so nooo

KingPosey
04-19-2011, 01:56 AM
Malone is sooooo underrated... I believe he is the second leading points scorer of all time?

He was the mailman, he'd take a dump on KG.. That's why I got the Lakers.

Payton>>Rondo- Rondo is a better passer, but Payton is light years ahead in offense.
Kobe>>>>>>> Allen- no doubt

Fox<<< Pierce

Malone>>> KG

Shaq=Shaq

As far as Chemistry, Celts win

They have an amazing fit, with Shaq as dominant post scorer, KG as an elite post defender who can score, Pierce as a scorer/slasher, Allen as a shooter, and Rondo as a QB type passer. Lakers is mainly scorers.

And defense, for that matter.

Raph12
04-19-2011, 02:23 AM
04 Lakers in a landslide talent-wise...

xbrackattackx
04-19-2011, 02:49 AM
They didnt even win that year??? so nooo

They are talking about them in their prime. Read next time before you blindly bash knuckle dragger.

Hellcrooner
04-19-2011, 02:56 AM
mmm i was wondering if PRIME Wilt WOULD HAVE JOINED lakers instead of an almost washed up wilt and baylor had been prime baylor instead of injury riddled baylor

Tarheels23
04-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Well noone knows what Rondo in his prime is because he has not hit it yet (or maybe he has). That 04 Lakers squad was pretty beast but they didnt have a SF. Its a tough call

Hangtime
04-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Everything looks better on paper. You still have chemistry issues. Superstars need the ball more in their prime in order to be effective. Some of those guys would have to take a lesser role. What is Karl Malone doing when you constantly pound the ball into Shaq. Just standing watching not being very effective at what he does best. There's a reason most superstars past their prime join forces later in their career. They are more willing to change.

uprightciti
04-19-2011, 12:01 PM
No never would have happened but they would have won 10 championships

pedrofan45
04-19-2011, 12:05 PM
KG and Malone I'd say are equal.. Shaq is Shaq... Pierce and Allen in their PRIMES.. .. let's not forget Allen is one of the greatest shooters ever and in his prime he was waaayy more than that, a player that could create his own shot and take on defenses by himself.. and then with Pierce being in his prime?? while having Rondo being the distributer.. While the talent level is close.. The Celtics would win a 7 game series every time.. It'd be almost impossible to score on them because 1-5 are all insane defenders... then there is the chemistry factor

Rivera
04-19-2011, 12:15 PM

Parker healthy
Ginobili healthy
Jefferson
mcdyess
and Duncan

in all honesty....

this team would give all those teams major problems and could win because they would be a team and they would have the least amount of egos on that team and could actually share the ball

Knickrocketsfan
04-19-2011, 12:20 PM
KG and Malone I'd say are equal.. Shaq is Shaq... Pierce and Allen in their PRIMES.. .. let's not forget Allen is one of the greatest shooters ever and in his prime he was waaayy more than that, a player that could create his own shot and take on defenses by himself.. and then with Pierce being in his prime?? while having Rondo being the distributer.. While the talent level is close.. The Celtics would win a 7 game series every time.. It'd be almost impossible to score on them because 1-5 are all insane defenders... then there is the chemistry factor

LMAO really? now ray allen is an insane defender:facepalm: and dont get me started on pierce

PhillyFaninLA
04-19-2011, 12:21 PM
I think the starting 5 of Magic Lakers, the Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Bulls and the Russell Cetlics would be as good if not better. Again just taking into account the starters verse the starters I think those 3 are better with all players in there prime.

Knickrocketsfan
04-19-2011, 12:21 PM
in all honesty....

this team would give all those teams major problems and could win because they would be a team and they would have the least amount of egos on that team and could actually share the ball

the whole point of the big three is now that they are old they dnt have ego's idk if you can say the same thing about them in thir primes

Hangtime
04-19-2011, 12:22 PM
in all honesty....

I agree with you. Much better team defensively and offensively. I dont think most people here understand the importance of chemistry and how different those players were in their prime.

Baller1
04-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Probably the '04 Lakers. I miss The Glove.

TopsyTurvy
04-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Malone and KG are equal? Pass me some of that because it's gotta be good to even consider those two in the same sentence...

mavwar53
04-19-2011, 12:49 PM

Payton in his prime
Kobe in his prime
Me in my prime
Karl Malone in his prime
Shaq in his prime

This, all I could think about when I saw the foolish title of this thread was this team.

chitown815
04-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Malone and KG are equal? Pass me some of that because it's gotta be good to even consider those two in the same sentence...

wow malone is so underrated
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IASPaR9OIGs&feature=related

tbone2171
04-19-2011, 12:57 PM

Parker healthy
Ginobili healthy
Jefferson
mcdyess
and Duncan

dohkay :laugh2:

Hitman21
04-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Give me Jordan, Rodman, Pippen in their prime, along with any other 2. no other team comes close, and i hate the bulls

BradytoGronkTD
04-19-2011, 01:16 PM
:drool:J O'neal in his prime coming off the bench

madvillian9
04-19-2011, 01:18 PM
1996-1997 Bulls

Ron Harper in prime before injury
MJ
Scottie in prime
rodman in prime
kerr in prime arguably best 3pt shooter ever
robbert parrish in prime
kukuc was a stud off the bench
this team complements each other very well

ill take my bulls over the prima donnas

madvillian9
04-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Give me Jordan, Rodman, Pippen in their prime, along with any other 2. no other team comes close, and i hate the bulls

parrish in his prime and harper or kerr

over

Frantico
04-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Are you serious? You think Jordan, Rodman, Pippen and any other 2 could beat the Celtics in their prime?? You have to be kidding. Who in the hell would stop Shaq and KG in the post?? Come on, be real.

And the Spurs?? Really?

The only team that might be equal would be the 2004 Lakers, but even then I'd take the C's because of their defense. I think most people here (because of age I suspect) are forgetting just how sick Shaq, KG, Pierce, and Allen were in their prime. And with Rondo dishing? Forget it.

Frantico
04-19-2011, 01:25 PM
People read the thread... STARTING 5

Hitman21
04-19-2011, 01:27 PM
parrish in his prime and harper or kerr

over

Kukoc?

pedrofan45
04-19-2011, 01:28 PM
LMAO really? now ray allen is an insane defender:facepalm: and dont get me started on pierce

1-5 the celtics are insane defenders when it comes to TEAM defense.. KG is a huge part of it. I agree Allen isn't a great defender when it comes to one on one, but he has always done a great job in defending Kobe one on one, same with Pierce.. So yeah, I think 1-5 the Celtics defense would own the Lakers

edit: well not own, that's just the way I talk, but they'd certainly beat the Lakers

tbone2171
04-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Some interesting groups of players that would be cool to see all in prime:

'10-11 Phoenix Suns: Jason Richardson, Steve Nash, Grant Hill, Vince Carter
'05-06 Miami Heat: Shaq, Dwayne Wade, Alonzo Mourning, Gary Payton, Jason Williams
'04-05 Philadelphia 76ers: Allen Iverson, Chris Webber, Andre Iguodala
'98-99 New York Knicks: Patrick Ewing, Latrell Sprewell, Allan Houston, Larry Johson, Marcus Camby
'98-99 Houston Rockets: Hakeem Olajuwon, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen
'97-98 Houston Rockets: Hakeem Olajuwon, Charles Barkley, Clyde Drexler, Kevin Willis
'97-98 Phoenix Suns: Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Kevin Johnson, Danny Manning

I'm sure there are a lot more..just some that come to mind.

KingPosey
04-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Are you serious? You think Jordan, Rodman, Pippen and any other 2 could beat the Celtics in their prime?? You have to be kidding. Who in the hell would stop Shaq and KG in the post?? Come on, be real.

And the Spurs?? Really?

The only team that might be equal would be the 2004 Lakers, but even then I'd take the C's because of their defense. I think most people here (because of age I suspect) are forgetting just how sick Shaq, KG, Pierce, and Allen were in their prime. And with Rondo dishing? Forget it.

I think they could. Jordan wins the games he has too.

Rentzias
04-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Probably the '04 Lakers. I miss The Glove.

I'd probably go with this too, although if Medvedenko had started 5 more games that season, he'd have to be in your "starting 5.":phew:

Hangtime
04-19-2011, 02:18 PM

And the Spurs?? Really?

We all know how good they were in their prime. Some of the greatest ever. The problem here is that certain players like KG is not the same guy he was at his peak when a guy like Shaq is in the paint dominating at his peak. The same with Pierce and Allen. Two guys who needed the ball in their hands to be what made them superstars in their prime. Somebody on that team has to make major sacrifices and dramatically change their game. A team with better cohesion and chemistry like the Bulls will beat them in a series. If they change who they were then they are not what we knew them to be.

mttwlsn16
04-19-2011, 02:21 PM

Payton in his prime
Kobe in his prime
Me in my prime
Karl Malone in his prime
Shaq in his prime

this whole post is one big win :clap:

Hawkeye15
04-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Rondo
Allen
Pierce
KG
Shaq

They would beat any team in history, yes.

Dee_Edge
04-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Still couldn't beat....

95-96 Bulls

pg-Ron Harper/Steve Kerr
sg-Micheal Jordan/Jud Buechler
sf-Scottie Pippen/Toni Kukoč
pf-Dennis Rodman
c-Luc Longley/John Salley

Frantico
04-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Right... I'd love to see Longley and Salley try to stop Shaq. And Harper try to catch up to Rondo.

Hangtime
04-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Harper wouldn't try to catch up to Rondo. Stay in front of him and Just let him shoot jumpshots.

AIRMAR72
04-19-2011, 03:25 PM

Payton in his prime
Kobe in his prime
Me in my prime
Karl Malone in his prime
Shaq in his prime

PRIME RAY WAS just as good as prime kobe ray played on small market team in his early days ray was always A BETTER SHOT MAKER furthermore more kobe was reason why da glove didnt get his ring till he teamed up with wade

AIRMAR72
04-19-2011, 03:42 PM

And the Spurs?? Really?

i promise you they would beat boston jordan was unreal rondo would HAVE problems when pip and jordan playing fullcourt press nobody force turnovers like jordan and pip rodman would BE a nightmare for garnett in most case garnett would foul out cause da worm would out work'em.. pip and jordan were both great defender with eyes all around there head the blazer team with clyde and porter and buck(great person) AND KERSEY and kevin duckworth(RIP) WOULD BEAT BOSTON and JORDAN took them out even the magic team with shaq and penny and nick anderson guess WHAT jordan took them out too

leftymo
04-19-2011, 04:35 PM
PRIME RAY WAS just as good as prime kobe ray played on small market team in his early days ray was always A BETTER SHOT MAKER furthermore more kobe was reason why da glove didnt get his ring till he teamed up with wade

:facepalm:

You did not just say that... Prime Ray Allen did have superior statistical seasons to Kobe, but Kobe was not in his prime. They both came out roughly around the same time, but Allen is older than Kobe.

Prime Kobe dwarfs Ray Allen...

the only people that think Allen is on par with Kobe reside in Boston.

leftymo
04-19-2011, 04:40 PM
I'll take the 2004 Lakers...

The current Celtics have a great roster, 6 former or current allstars. I can't recall another team in recent history with that much talent (albeit all out of their prime)

Karl Malone is #2 all time NBA scorer, KG isn't. Malone also led his team to the NBA Finals twice only to lose. KG didn't (by himself).

Gary Payton is one of the greatest PG's in NBA history who also led his team to the NBA Finals as the lead guy. Rondo hasn't.

Kobe, i won't even count the 3 titles in the early part of the decade, nor the 2 more recent ones... that 2004 team was his team. He was the lead player, leading scorer, and his poor play cost them a title... Even if you exclude that he led the 2008 team to the finals.

Shaq is Shaq...

doesn't matter who the SF was... the current celtics... KG, Allen, Pierce all did nothing with their own teams. The furthest Pierce & KG could go was the conference finals. Rondo isn't in his prime yet, but when he's 27 years old, let me know how far he takes his team.

Swashcuff
04-19-2011, 04:40 PM

That's where you go completely off track. IF you said Prime KG was just as good or even better than prime Malone you could have made an argument for yourself. Not in this instance however.

Swashcuff
04-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Karl Malone is #2 all time NBA scorer, KG isn't. Malone also led his team to the NBA Finals twice only to lose. KG didn't (by himself).

Neither did Malone. He had more help than KG ever had prior to his Boston days.

doesn't matter who the SF was... the current celtics... KG, Allen, Pierce all did nothing with their own teams. The furthest Pierce & KG could go was the conference finals. Rondo isn't in his prime yet, but when he's 27 years old, let me know how far he takes his team.

:confused:

What does any of that have to do with anything. Payton and Malone had great help to reach where they did. Why do you think the same prime Kobe couldn't take the Lakers out of the first round? He didn't have the help. That's really no reasoning right there.

cypherthor
04-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Seriously if your talking in their primes the 2004 lakers win hands down... no questions asked. Paton, Karl, Shaq, Kobe... and of course Luke Walton.. :P

SANDBURG23
04-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Watching the Celtics the other night i started wondering... If each player was in the PRIME of their career, position for position, would they be the greatest starting 5 ever?

Rondo
Allen
Pierce
Garnett
Shaq

Can you imagine Shaq and KG together up front, say ten years ago? How many rings would those 5 guys have? Does any team come close? If so, who and why?

There not even the best starting 5 in celtics history.

Remember
Johnson
Ainge
Bird
McHale
Parrish

Or the lakers team of:

Magic
Scott
Worthy
Green
Kareem

Didn't a Rocket's team have:

Cassell
Drexler
Horry
Barkley
Olajuwon

and another Rocket team have:

Cassell
Smith
Pippen
Barkley
Olajuwon

Ty Fast
04-19-2011, 04:52 PM
this years heat

KingPosey
04-19-2011, 05:05 PM

WHAAAAT?!

You cant honestly believe that can you? I promise it will be extremely hard to find one person that agrees with you.

kjdills13
04-19-2011, 05:08 PM
What about the 2008/2009 suns

nash ( back to back MVP)
Bell ( GREAT defender and 3pt shooter)
Hill ( remember he was one of the best players in the NBA when healthy)
Amare ( one of the best offensive big men)
Shaq ( is just shaq )

Thats a really good team

nash> Payton (Not by much)
Bell < Kobe
Hill>Rick Fox
Amare < Malone ( NOT BY MUCH)
Shaq=Shaq

thats a GREAT GAME

nash>Rondo
Bell<Allen
Hill>Pierce
Amare<KG ( but amare dominates KG when they play head to head)
shaq=Shaq

Geargo Wallace
04-19-2011, 05:16 PM
I would have to say 04 Lakers because of prime Payton. Payton, in his prime, was as good, if not better than any PG in NBA history. He could flat-out embarrass opposing PG's. Rondo would have no chance. KG and Malone is pretty much a wash. Ray and PP > Kobe and SF though.

Swashcuff
04-19-2011, 05:16 PM
What about the 2008/2009 suns

nash ( back to back MVP)
Bell ( GREAT defender and 3pt shooter)
Hill ( remember he was one of the best players in the NBA when healthy)
Amare ( one of the best offensive big men)
Shaq ( is just shaq )

Bell was a very good defender but certainly not great.

Thats a really good team

nash> Payton (Not by much)
Bell < Kobe
Hill>Rick Fox
Amare < Malone ( NOT BY MUCH)
Shaq=Shaq

Malone >>> Prime Amar'e by plenty much. In all aspects of basketball.

thats a GREAT GAME

nash>Rondo
Bell<Allen
Hill>Pierce
Amare<KG ( but amare dominates KG when they play head to head)
shaq=Shaq

Player G W L GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
K. Garnett 21 13 8 21 37.0 10.3 18.3 .561 0.0 0.4 .000 4.3 5.0 .858 3.2 9.8 13.0 4.0 1.5 1.3 2.7 2.7 24.9
A. Stoudemire 21 8 13 21 35.4 8.0 15.0 .532 0.1 0.2 .400 5.1 7.0 .740 2.5 4.6 7.1 1.3 0.7 1.3 3.0 3.9 21.2

^ is that what you call domination?

Kevin Garnett had his career high of 47 against Amare and on 2 occasions while KG was nearing the end of his prime and Amare was just entering KG held him to under 5 points in a game.

Hangtime
04-19-2011, 05:22 PM
WHAAAAT?!

You cant honestly believe that can you? I promise it will be extremely hard to find one person that agrees with you.

I was just as shocked as you were.