PDA

View Full Version : NBA issues statement and admits to officiating mistakes

NYSpirit1
04-18-2011, 05:26 PM
The NBA has agreed with George Karl's assertion that a tip-in late in the Oklahoma City Thunder's 107-103 win -- a basket the Denver Nuggets coach said soured his players' momentum in the game's final minute -- was goaltending.

The league issued a statement Monday afternoon, saying Kendrick Perkins was "improperly credited with a basket that should have been ruled offensive basket interference."

With 1:05 to play, Russell Westbrook launched a jumper from the right side that caromed off the rim, and Perkins' put-back followed, putting the Thunder up 102-101, a lead they wouldn't relinquish Sunday night as they took a 1-0 lead in the first-round playoff series.

"Although a player is permitted to touch the net while the ball is in the cylinder above the rim, Perkins also touched the ball while it was still in the cylinder which is a violation and constitutes goaltending," the NBA said in the statement.

Several Nuggets looked for it to be waved off as basket interference, and Karl was adamant after the game, insisting, "Obviously it was goaltending."

"The ball doesn't get outside the cylinder," Karl said. "It's not even outside the cylinder. So, how can't you see that?

"But that's part of the NBA."

After Perkins' tip-in, Kenyon Martin misfired on a jumper from the left wing that could've put Denver back ahead.

Westbrook then waited patiently deep on the left wing while Durant tried to fight his way open, but had to take matters into his own hands. He darted to the left elbow and hit a jumper to give the Thunder a 104-101 advantage with 22.4 seconds left, and Denver couldn't come up with a response.

Raymond Felton missed a potential tying 3-pointer with 12 seconds left, and Oklahoma City closed it out at the foul line.

In fact, all that kept the Thunder in the game was a hefty advantage at the foul line. They scored half their 24 first-quarter points on free throws, while Denver missed its only attempt.

The Nuggets hit their first seven shots, and 10 of their first 12, to charge ahead 23-10 in the first 7 minutes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/news/story?id=6384356

I'm surprised the NBA did this. They almost never admit to their mistakes, especially when it comes to officiating. At least they did something about it. Maybe comments on the Knicks game will follow.

metsrock229
04-18-2011, 05:30 PM
waiting for any celtics fans or any other fans to repeat what they said in the other thread, even though the NBA admitted to it.

ChicagoRox
04-18-2011, 05:31 PM
That is pretty amazing. Can't believe they admitted to being wrong.

BigBlueCrew
04-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Wow, those pigs must be flying

Hustlenomics
04-18-2011, 05:36 PM
for that game they were wrong. For the Celtics and Knicks game they weren't keep *****ing Knicks fans, you guys are looking really sad

ManRam
04-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Comments on the Knicks game won't follow, because the foul on Melo was a foul. Whether or not you think it should have been called at that juncture of the game...well, that's up to you, but the NBA has no reason to say that a foul that was a foul shouldn't have been a foul :shrug:

Da Knicks
04-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Comments on the Knicks game won't follow, because the foul on Melo was a foul. Whether or not you think it should have been called at that juncture of the game...well, that's up to you, but the NBA has no reason to say that a foul that was a foul shouldn't have been a foul :shrug:

The game is over and celtics won but the foul kg put on douglas, how do you explain that one. No need to explain to me but some posters just want to vent because clearly the knicks got robbed.:facepalm:

KnicksR4Real
04-18-2011, 06:00 PM
waiting on the next statement for the knick game

bahama0811
04-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Thanks for nothing. It's not like the outcome is changed any.

BigBlueCrew
04-18-2011, 06:12 PM
You mean you dont feel better cuz the NBA apologized? Not because those morons didnt get it right in the first place?

ManRam
04-18-2011, 06:14 PM
The game is over and celtics won but the foul kg put on douglas, how do you explain that one. No need to explain to me but some posters just want to vent because clearly the knicks got robbed.:facepalm:

That was one no-call. Yes, it was at a really important time, but still, it's one of those things that sometimes goes your way, and sometimes doesn't. Throughout the duration of the game there were undoubtedly a ton of those iffy calls that went the Knicks way, and a ton that went Boston's way. I know you'll point out that they called the one on Melo, but the refs were letting them play physical all game. A screen set with both feet set is something they had been letting go all game. That's a 50/50 call that didn't go your way.

The NBA won't, and shouldn't, release a statement saying that the ref should have called that. If they did, I'd expect them to comment on them all.

I understand being upset that two calls went Boston's way...but that's how it goes. Unless you review every single play, there's nothing that can be done. The refs have 3 sets of eyes and have to watch 10 different players. The calls even out over the series. It may seem unfortunate, but the NBA doesn't need to apologize for anything.

Crackadalic
04-18-2011, 06:18 PM

Its not that foul itself were mad about but that exact same foul was going on between melo and pierce all game and don't call it yet with 30 seconds left all of a sudden you call it in a crucial possession. If they was going on in the finals people would rage

With that said whats done is done and onward to game 2

ManRam
04-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Its not that foul itself were mad about but that exact same foul was going on between melo and pierce all game and don't call it yet with 30 seconds left all of a sudden you call it in a crucial possession. If they was going on in the finals people would rage

With that said whats done is done and onward to game 2

I understand, but what do you expect the NBA to say? Seriously, tell me how they'd comment on that...I'm curious. Because a foul is a foul. They could say that the refs must 100% call every play the same throughout the game, but you know what, that's impossible. I get why Knick fans are pissed, and I'd be too if it happened to my team, but it was a foul. That's all there is to it, and the NBA can't apologize for that.

Crackadalic
04-18-2011, 06:24 PM
I understand, but what do you expect the NBA to say? Seriously, tell me how they'd comment on that...I'm curious. Because a foul is a foul. They could say that the refs must 100% call every play the same throughout the game, but you know what, that's impossible. I get why Knick fans are pissed, and I'd be too if it happened to my team, but it was a foul. That's all there is to it, and the NBA can't apologize for that.

Im not expecting them to do anything because i know there not gonna do anything. Ive seen worse calls(Lakers/Kings 2002, Spurs/Suns 2007). Im just stating the calls were just really bad at the end of the game

Nothing we can do just move on to the next one and hopefully a call doesnt determine a game

KnicksR4Real
04-18-2011, 06:26 PM
**** the NBA!

TboneM3
04-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Even though this doesn't change the result or the series, at least the NBA fessed up. The first step in recovery is admitting that you have a problem...

Baller1
04-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Cool, we're still 1-0. I was being objective about this whole thing, but since no one else is being objective about it I'm not going to be.

The fact that everyone is saying "that's why the Nuggets lost the game" has urked me to the point where I don't even feel bad at all. They lost because of poor fourth quarter execution and missed free throws, not because of one call.

Reversed86Curse
04-18-2011, 06:32 PM
There are bad calls every game, called against every team. Refs get a lot of calls wrong or don't call ones they should. Nothing new. Fans will always over analyze the refs calls when their team loses, guaranteed

Kashmir13579
04-18-2011, 06:38 PM
For the Celtics and Knicks game they weren't keep *****ing Knicks fans, you guys are looking really sad

i mean, your team won the game, and somehow you come off as the one "*****ing and really sad".

NYK4L
04-18-2011, 06:38 PM
There are bad calls every game, called against every team. Refs get a lot of calls wrong or don't call ones they should. Nothing new. Fans will always over analyze the refs calls when their team loses, guaranteed

It's real easy to say that when games go your way.

Crackadalic
04-18-2011, 06:41 PM

I don't think I've ever seen or heard the Celtics lose because of bad calls down the stretch so its hard for me to agree with you but ill go with it if that makes you happy

Reversed86Curse
04-18-2011, 06:42 PM
It's real easy to say that when games go your way.

It's also easy to b**** when it doesn't

Confusious
04-18-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm going to assume that the Nuggets will get some sort of break later on in the series to make up for it.

D-Leethal
04-18-2011, 06:47 PM

Not giving Delonte West a T for running on the court and chest bumping Ray Allen during live game action is something that should be addressed by the NBA

Reversed86Curse
04-18-2011, 06:49 PM
I don't think I've ever seen or heard the Celtics lose because of bad calls down the stretch so its hard for me to agree with you but ill go with it if that makes you happy

There are plenty of bs calls against the C's. I can make the same comment about the Knicks since I don't watch much of them.

DCB/LAL
04-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Yeah the Nuggets got robbed the Refs GAVE the Thunder 2 points.

And Com'on Knicks fans its embarrassing already the Knicks lost nothing else to it calls could of gone either way but STILL Ray Allen had to hit that shot to get the points and Melo had to hit his and missed get over.

There will be no statement on the NBA appologizing to the Knicks cause there is no need for it.... There were plenty of missed calls for BOTH teams let me ask you this...

Should the NBA go through EVERY game and appologize for EVERY MISSED call theres been plenty in these playoffs. Thats just stupid... The Thunder were GIVEN points the Celtics were not(as good a shooter as Ray is) thats a HUGE DIFFERENCE.

BigBlueCrew
04-18-2011, 06:51 PM

Hey if bad calls are made all the time, in every game, maybe I can referee in a playoff game? I have always wanted to ref in one. I mean, how hard can it be?

NYK4L
04-18-2011, 06:51 PM
It's also easy to b**** when it doesn't

Yeah ok your a genius.. this is the playoffs not the regular season..one game can cost you the series. I don't really care about the loss anymore it is what it is.. Still i'd rather be one up than one down.

PhillyFaninLA
04-18-2011, 06:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/news/story?id=6384356

I'm surprised the NBA did this. They almost never admit to their mistakes, especially when it comes to officiating. At least they did something about it. Maybe comments on the Knicks game will follow.

Melo made a foul and it was called. Technically it was the correct call, it was just not a call that is usually made at the end of a game.

oak2455
04-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Yeah ok your a genius.. this is the playoffs not the regular season..one game can cost you the series.

:clap::clap:

JeffG20
04-18-2011, 06:57 PM
I still think Melo going 5-18 hurt them more then any Ref did.

oak2455
04-18-2011, 06:58 PM
i mean, your team won the game, and somehow you come off as the one "*****ing and really sad".

I just don't get these fans I mean even if you were Bias you would see how bad the game was officiated......doesnt take any sort of Degree :facepalm:

PC
04-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Melo made a foul and it was called. Technically it was the correct call, it was just not a call that is usually made at the end of a game.

And considering the refs were letting them play up until that point, it was a pretty shocking call.

But that's not the main call we're upset about. KG blatantly tripped TD leaving Ray Allen wide open to hit the game winning 3 pointer

Kashmir13579
04-18-2011, 07:00 PM
I just don't get these fans I mean even if you were Bias you would see how bad the game was officiated......doesnt take any sort of Degree :facepalm:

the last 47 seconds man... disgusting. a lot of people agree not just Knicks fans so don't sweat it.

oak2455
And considering the refs were letting them play up until that point, it was a pretty shocking call.

But that's not the main call we're upset about. KG blatantly tripped TD leaving Ray Allen wide open to hit the game winning 3 pointer

Pics and Video to prove it , what a shame:facepalm:

metsrock229
Some of these celtic fans amaze me. completely bewildered on their thinking process.

TheHoopsProphet
04-18-2011, 07:01 PM
**** the NBA!

now dont bite the hand thats going to feed you, knicks fan.

Kashmir13579

Exactly. Denying the merit to this statement would make you blind or a lier. one or the other.

oak2455
the last 47 seconds man... disgusting. a lot of people agree not just Knicks fans so don't sweat it.

I havent yelled that loud since the Ewing days, my son who is 2 thinks I'm crazzzy:D

Kashmir13579
04-18-2011, 07:03 PM
I havent yelled that loud since the Ewing days, my son who is 2 thinks I'm crazzzy:D

lmao. i can't imagine. he probably thought OJ broke into the house.

PhillyFaninLA
04-18-2011, 07:06 PM

If you want to fault them for not calling fouls earlier in the game fine, but you can't criticize and official for accurately calling a penalty.

oak2455
04-18-2011, 07:07 PM
lmao. i can't imagine. he probably thought OJ broke into the house.

Listen I think for some strange reason the Knicks forget fast, they will come out firing in game 2 and win by like 10:eyebrow: OJ ha ha ha ha well played:clap::clap:

nycericanguy
04-18-2011, 07:09 PM
for that game they were wrong. For the Celtics and Knicks game they weren't keep *****ing Knicks fans, you guys are looking really sad

The calls made on Melo and the non-call on KG are completely objective, whereas the goal tending call is in the rulebook and is not objective. The NBA is not going to comment on objective calls, but when they are wrong they will admit it, just like the NCAA admitted they were wrong about that infamous game this past month.

PC
04-18-2011, 07:10 PM
If you want to fault them for not calling fouls earlier in the game fine, but you can't criticize and official for accurately calling a penalty.

The Melo one hurt, but once again, that's not the main issue here. The refs clearly blew a call that literally determined the game. I guess the refs thought TD was an uncoordinated klutz that decided to trip himself with the game on the line.

Kashmir13579
04-18-2011, 07:13 PM
for accurately calling a penalty.

if that was the case Knicks would've won the game.

BigBlueCrew
04-18-2011, 07:15 PM
The Melo one hurt, but once again, that's not the main issue here. The refs clearly blew a call that literally determined the game. I guess the refs thought TD was an uncoordinated klutz that decided to trip himself with the game on the line.

Maybe TD has an inner ear problem?

PhillyFaninLA
04-18-2011, 07:15 PM

So the Knicks fan does not want to count a valid argument about the Melo call but wants to count a call that would have benefited the Knicks.

Look my point is the Melo call was accurate and as I said no one can complain about the officials making a correct call and as I said you can get on them for a call they missed. Its not personal its one they saw and called one they either didn't see or didn't see as a penalty.

championships
04-18-2011, 07:16 PM
I use to be happy for the Knicks for making the Playoffs. Now I wish they didn't. All I see is Knick fans crying their ***** off. God Damn this thread wasn't even about the Knicks but you guys turned it into just that.
It was a bad no call but get over it. Even after that the Knicks still had a chance to tie or win. Mello had plenty of time to drive to the hoop but instead he just dribbled in one spot and shot an awful 3 over two guys.
Bad call or not Knicks still had a chance and blew it.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-18-2011, 07:18 PM
That was one no-call. Yes, it was at a really important time, but still, it's one of those things that sometimes goes your way, and sometimes doesn't. Throughout the duration of the game there were undoubtedly a ton of those iffy calls that went the Knicks way, and a ton that went Boston's way. I know you'll point out that they called the one on Melo, but the refs were letting them play physical all game. A screen set with both feet set is something they had been letting go all game. That's a 50/50 call that didn't go your way.

The NBA won't, and shouldn't, release a statement saying that the ref should have called that. If they did, I'd expect them to comment on them all.
I understand being upset that two calls went Boston's way...but that's how it goes. Unless you review every single play, there's nothing that can be done. The refs have 3 sets of eyes and have to watch 10 different players. The calls even out over the series. It may seem unfortunate, but the NBA doesn't need to apologize for anything.

Exactly then they shouldn't be apaologzing for the Denver-Thunder game either. "Sorry" doesn't change the fact that Denver is down 0-1. I don't expect or need an apology from Stern, or of the other robot's working for the NBA. Cuz you and I both know what happened.

Tell a die-hard Nugget's fan "that's how things go"

Kashmir13579
04-18-2011, 07:27 PM
So the Knicks fan does not want to count a valid argument about the Melo call but wants to count a call that would have benefited the Knicks.

He's not talking about the 'Melo call. that should be obvious to you after his 3 posts stating we can live with the 'Melo call.

Kashmir13579
04-18-2011, 07:28 PM
I use to be happy for the Knicks for making the Playoffs. Now I wish they didn't.

get used to it.

championships
04-18-2011, 07:29 PM
get used to it.

All the crying?

Kashmir13579
04-18-2011, 07:34 PM
All the crying?

i'm sorry but Knicks fans have every right in the world to be pissed about how the final 47 seconds were called in last nights game. im never one to complain about the refs and even i saw it.

NYK4L
04-18-2011, 07:36 PM
All the crying?

Is this guy serious? Why doesn't he worry about N.O.

ne3xchamps
04-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Not giving Delonte West a T for running on the court and chest bumping Ray Allen during live game action is something that should be addressed by the NBA

not this again. there is a whole thread of you knick fans b-ing about this. go there if you want to cry more.When Stat posterized davis, half the NY bench was on the court. man you knick fans are sad.

Crackadalic
04-18-2011, 07:38 PM
I use to be happy for the Knicks for making the Playoffs. Now I wish they didn't. All I see is Knick fans crying their ***** off. God Damn this thread wasn't even about the Knicks but you guys turned it into just that.
It was a bad no call but get over it. Even after that the Knicks still had a chance to tie or win. Mello had plenty of time to drive to the hoop but instead he just dribbled in one spot and shot an awful 3 over two guys.

Nobody is crying that is was a foul because it was but why call the foul when the ref hasnt done that all game yet do it with 30 seconds left in the game. Same thing with the OKC/Den game with the off interference

All i know is both teams better be ready for game 2.

buch88
04-18-2011, 07:38 PM
:laugh: yeah the nba will admit that for a denver OKC game, but they sure as hell won't admit it when the lakers win games on questionable officiating.

championships
04-18-2011, 07:41 PM
i'm sorry but Knicks fans have every right in the world to be pissed about how the final 47 seconds were called in last nights game. im never one to complain about the refs and even i saw it.

You guys still had plenty of time to win or tie. Why not be pissed about Melos poor decision with the basketball in the final seconds. Complain till your red in the face, you're still down a game. I really hope your knicks aren't dwelling on it as much as the fans are or else they have already lost game 2.

hyb152
04-18-2011, 07:41 PM

um, judging by your sig, icon, etc... you're a laker fan.... so you should look in a mirror and then maybe rethink your last post. The only difference is instead of crying about the officiating like knicks fans, u laker fans cry about lebron and find a way to bash him in some way that doesn't even relate to the thread title. And we all know laker fans never complain about the officiating like knicks fans are because the refs are LA's star players.

championships
04-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Is this guy serious? Why doesn't he worry about N.O.

What does this have to do with Knick fans blowing up the forum about how how they hate refs???

Are you serious?:cry::cry:

ne3xchamps
04-18-2011, 07:45 PM
oh and by the way, losing this one game didn't mean all that much. the series is not won in the first game. I know it would be better being up 1-0 rather than down 0-1, but its not like it was game 3 and now you are down 0-3. RELAX.

championships
04-18-2011, 07:52 PM
um, judging by your sig, icon, etc... you're a laker fan.... so you should look in a mirror and then maybe rethink your last post. The only difference is instead of crying about the officiating like knicks fans, u laker fans cry about lebron and find a way to bash him in some way that doesn't even relate to the thread title. And we all know laker fans never complain about the officiating like knicks fans are because the refs are LA's star players.

What the hell does this have anything to do with this???? How many threads are the Knick fans going to cry over game 1?

What a great post buddy, all you can do is try to bring up something that is far off- topic.

Hustlenomics
04-18-2011, 07:56 PM

Sorry but I didn't ***** about the officiating at all during the game. KG got called for the exact foul Melo did in the first quarter. Both teams played hard and had Celtics lost it would have been because the Knicks played better.

PhillyFaninLA
04-18-2011, 07:57 PM
He's not talking about the 'Melo call. that should be obvious to you after his 3 posts stating we can live with the 'Melo call.

I like how you deleted half of my post, you know the part that addresses what your talking about here.

tr4shb0t
04-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Calling 10 times as many fouls on one team in a quarter is not a mistake. I don't think they want to touch that one though.

mjqusoldier
04-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Sorry but I didn't ***** about the officiating at all during the game. KG got called for the exact foul Melo did in the first quarter. Both teams played hard and had Celtics lost it would have been because the Knicks played better.

KEY WORD IN BOLD. You dont make a call at that stage of the game. you can make it early in the game but to make a call like that on a pierce flop is ridiculous and than they couldve evened the terrible call by calling a foul on KGs illegal screen. They blew it but it is what it is. I know 1 thing though the Celtics are on the dowslide and the Knicks are on the Upswing:)Feels good:clap::clap::clap:

ne3xchamps
04-18-2011, 08:09 PM
KEY WORD IN BOLD. You dont make a call at that stage of the game. you can make it early in the game but to make a call like that on a pierce flop is ridiculous and than they couldve evened the terrible call by calling a foul on KGs illegal screen. They blew it but it is what it is. I know 1 thing though the Celtics are on the dowslide and the Knicks are on the Upswing:)Feels good:clap::clap::clap:

feels good to what?? Bait??? BTW half of the knicks salary cap will be wrapped up in 2 players, even after a new cba is reached.

Piercefan34
04-18-2011, 08:23 PM

shut up lol you guys are all sounding really dumb. players come out and celebrate all the time. they give T's to those who come out during fights. stop *****ing and move on guys please its getting old

BRAVE KID
04-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Whoopie, doesn't mean a darn thing now.

Gram
04-18-2011, 08:29 PM
lol at this entire thread.

NYK4L
04-18-2011, 08:30 PM
What does this have to do with Knick fans blowing up the forum about how how they hate refs???

Are you serious?:cry::cry:

You still here? Remember I told you worry about N.O.

Stuckey#3
04-18-2011, 08:40 PM
If they were wrong then they should replay the last 1:06 of the game. I know they have replayed for mistakes in the past. Does anyone know the criteria on what constitutes replaying some of the game?

dtmagnet
04-18-2011, 08:41 PM

Yeah thats what I was thinking, what do they think this makes Nuggets fans feel better or something? If anything it hurts more.

Game_Over
04-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Yeah thats what I was thinking, what do they think this makes Nuggets fans feel better or something? If anything it hurts more.

Exactly its like umm thanks commish for admitting your refs are the worst in all the major 4 sports!! I know we don't have a super star so we won't get any make up calls:rolleyes:!!

Kashmir13579
04-18-2011, 09:00 PM
I like how you deleted half of my post, you know the part that addresses what your talking about here.

the rest of your post was irrelevant to what PC was saying.

Kashmir13579
04-18-2011, 09:02 PM
You guys still had plenty of time to win or tie. Why not be pissed about Melos poor decision with the basketball in the final seconds. Complain till your red in the face, you're still down a game. I really hope your knicks aren't dwelling on it as much as the fans are or else they have already lost game 2.

'Melos poor shooting night has nothing to do with that atrocious non-call.

PhillyFaninLA
04-18-2011, 09:11 PM
the rest of your post was irrelevant to what PC was saying.

The rest of my post is what you refuted and said I didn't say.

See if I edited your post then I can say you said rest your PC and claim its off topic or irrelevant but in essence what I'd be doing is lying to disguise my point, make another poster look bad and try and sound like I'm saying something that I'm not.

I'm a lot of things but I don't lie to make a point like you have in your last two posts. I'm adding you to my ignore list since your dishonest and don't care about facts. You obviously don't care what other posters say when you refute what they say by quoting them and deleting the part of there quote to make it seem like its not what they say it just fits what your claiming they didn't say...It just makes you a liar and disingenuous.

JeffG20
04-18-2011, 09:12 PM

Well had he defered to another team mate maybe it would not of come down to a blown call. If your 5-17 at that point and Amare's clearly having the better night, you dont take that shot.

Knickfansince97
04-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Yeah the Nuggets got robbed the Refs GAVE the Thunder 2 points.

And Com'on Knicks fans its embarrassing already the Knicks lost nothing else to it calls could of gone either way but STILL Ray Allen had to hit that shot to get the points and Melo had to hit his and missed get over.

There will be no statement on the NBA appologizing to the Knicks cause there is no need for it.... There were plenty of missed calls for BOTH teams let me ask you this...

Should the NBA go through EVERY game and appologize for EVERY MISSED call theres been plenty in these playoffs. Thats just stupid... The Thunder were GIVEN points the Celtics were not(as good a shooter as Ray is) thats a HUGE DIFFERENCE.

The refs basically gave ray allen the shot. im not complaining im just saying the outcome wouldve been different if they made the right calls late in the game. usually at the end of games they dont call fouls at all. But the refs did call a foul one way and not the other with seconds left on the clock. to me the knicks dont deserve anything from the league, but people should realize it wasnt it is what it is on to game 2

iggypop123
04-18-2011, 09:34 PM
even when the nba tries to make things right it still fails.

mzgrizz
04-18-2011, 11:03 PM

And how could they deny the REPLAY !!!!!! Thanks for nothing x 2

AddiX
04-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Refs in most the playoffs games have been terrible.

jzero
04-18-2011, 11:28 PM
who the hell cares
doesn't affect any results

jzero
04-18-2011, 11:40 PM

but melo's poor shooting night did cost you the win
blame it on the officiating all you want but at the end of the day you still gotta win 4 games

DenButsu
04-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Their next apology should be to the Pacers. Two terrible calls to ensure that they can't come back against Chicago in the final minute.

mttwlsn16
04-19-2011, 12:31 AM
bulls pacers game 2 was a ****ing joke

CHANGO
04-19-2011, 12:34 AM
Their next apology should be to the Pacers. Two terrible calls to ensure that they can't come back against Chicago in the final minute.

YEP! 100% true! The offensive foul on Hibbert was a complete joke... And early in the game Rose fouled Price in a 3 pointer, IN FRONT OF THE REF and... no call...

DMasta718
04-19-2011, 12:34 AM
Pacers next on the list

metsrock229
04-19-2011, 12:51 AM
I feel like this nba forum (just like the actual NBA) is starting to become a joke, especially certain knicks fans and a few celtics/other fans

Kashmir13579
04-19-2011, 03:15 AM
Well had he defered to another team mate maybe it would not of come down to a blown call. If your 5-17 at that point and Amare's clearly having the better night, you dont take that shot.

Amar'e was not in position to get the ball. watch the footage before making statements like that. 'Melo should've/could've kicked it to Toney Douglas. in the end, i don't have a problem with 'Melo taking that shot in particular. he's who we want taking that shot. but like i said, NONE of that has to do with the non-call. there is absolutely NO correlation. its irrelevant.

Kashmir13579
04-19-2011, 03:18 AM
you guys who wanna bash Knicks and their fans (or maybe just like bashing people in general whenever an opportunity presents itself) can say whatever you'd like. Even Paul Pierce said it was a BS call to make and Doc Rivers hinted the same. The KG trip on Douglas needs no words. It doesn't matter WHAT team is playing, they're gonna lose if they get shafted like that in the last minute of a close game.