PDA

View Full Version : Always got to say the right things....

ajnapoleon
04-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Its like you cannot be yourself if you play pro-ball in any sport you have to say some pre-written statement anytime your around a camera or if you can be seen. you have to portray some sort of image or you will be blasted by the media.......

albertc86
04-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Do you watch the NBA? Most of these guys are college educated and a lot of them talk like they never stepped a foot in a classroom. They get a little money and they start acting and talking like rappers.

NothingbutWill
04-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Of course. Like in any professional work place, you have to act professional and especially since your sport profession is covered by the media. You can't act like how you act at homel because you want a wholesome image so the audience wouldn't get offended by your actions. If any pro ball player started cursing and blew up over a loss game then their fans, audiences would be displeased.

albertc86
04-18-2011, 04:57 PM
I must not be watching the same NBA as you guys.

ajnapoleon
04-18-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm not talking about cursing and yelling I'm talking about the "both teams play hard and we don't have any problems with so and so and I dint have any views on that outside subject...I was reading in the 60's Ali Jim brown and jabber talked about outside things and was really into the community. It's like the image is everything and when we catch them be themselves we are shocked!!! Like kobe and his telling on shaq when he got caught and tiger with his adultry it's crazy these are real people with vises like us. I'm not saying act like you in the street but answer the question like you want not how people want you to answer.

Shammyguy3
04-18-2011, 05:15 PM
cool story bro

and now, you're sorta right. But, some of the guys that give those perceived "by the book" remarks actually mean them (Durant, Love, Rose to name a few). Others don't want to rile the other team up (like Granger & the Pacers are doing to the Bulls, like the Grizzlies basically did by tanking to get the Spurs). It's all a strategy, nothing wrong with that.

mRc08
04-18-2011, 05:17 PM
i think some of it might be because athletes don't like the attention. If i constantly had media follwoing me constantly i would do my best to fly under the radar, aka, say the right things all the time. Not to mention you cant forget endorsments and things like that.

albertc86
04-18-2011, 05:18 PM
To be honest, all post-game interviews sound the same to me.

ajnapoleon
04-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Thats what I'm saying it's like a tape recorder at the end of every game... It's funny actually..

mRc08
04-18-2011, 05:24 PM
anything that doesn't stick to the same routine response gets blown up on espn everytime. just look at a.i. with "practice". he was speaking his mind truthfully, and look what happened. one of the most famous sound bytes ever.

ajnapoleon
04-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Also how is it that people think rose Durant love really really mean it and are the nice guys? .... Remember Kobe was the nice guys could never do wrong ... What's was the shock factor on that?... No one surprises me

Geargo Wallace
04-18-2011, 05:38 PM
I wish players would talk a little more honest at times and not be so worried about offending their opponents. But if they say some provocative stuff like they're 50 Cent or something, they should expect negative attention, and possibly fines. I can't stand hockey player's interviews because it's always the same "we played well. we played hard" ********. I like that Noah and Shaq, and a few others will say things to rattle their opponents. I like that Big Baby said that "Amare is easy to guard", even if it's not true. People and players have to stop shying away from *****-assness and the media has to stop acting like a bunch of douchey TMZ reporters.

mRc08
04-18-2011, 05:40 PM
the thing is durant made no big deal when he re-signed, went to all the teams summer games, etc. Also, he has completely embraced playing for an expansion team. Rose on the other hand, has enver once said anything negative, and is a hometown guy.

Geargo Wallace
04-18-2011, 05:42 PM
the thing is durant made no big deal when he re-signed, went to all the teams summer games, etc. Also, he has completely embraced playing for an expansion team. Rose on the other hand, has enver once said anything negative, and is a hometown guy.

What are you getting at?

ajnapoleon
04-18-2011, 06:03 PM
You know what's funny about that contract thing with Durant .... Lebron the evil one did the same thing and Carmelo and bosh..... No fan fare how do you think they was at the last team for 7 years? But hey Durant is the end all be all right lol... But yeah I want players to be more honest let it fly once and a while not both teams play hard crap...

mRc08
04-18-2011, 06:05 PM
im responding to the guy above who wondered why peolple believe rose and durant are sincerely good guys. Those are my reasons. outside of just words (post game interviews and tweets), these guys have done things that show me they are good guys.

Ovratd1up
04-18-2011, 07:47 PM
The NBA does it to protect their image. Like any business would.

I wish Kobe would've just said,
"I called him a ****** because I was mad and it's a common insult. Everybody with ears knows it has nothing to do with our little 'gay communities.' I'm not a homophobe at all, but the **** that ref pulled was certainly gay as hell."

But no, he has to go to his lawyers and give this systematized statement to save his *** from further beating at the hands of Stern... god damnit.