PDA

View Full Version : Delonte West ran on court off bench during play - no suspension?

NYSpirit1
04-18-2011, 12:42 AM
After Ray Allen hit the clutch 3, Delonte West ran onto the court during play and chest bumped Ray Allen as the Knicks were inbounding.

The NBA completely ruined the Suns-Spurs series a few years ago because Amare stepped over the sideline, but it seems no one cares about this?

If the NBA is going to have rules, they need to be consistent.

Not to mention with the referee calls during the game.

hugepatsfan
04-18-2011, 12:42 AM
Really?

iggypop123
04-18-2011, 12:43 AM
that was a confrontation you fool, but there should have been a t called for sure, but given how the game ended you should know the game was in boston. they called a push on melo but didnt call the push on pierce. it is what it is. i fully expect the knicks to get the same treatment at home. kg will foul out in 20 minutes. the garden will be going nuts

BleedingGreen9
04-18-2011, 12:44 AM
i didnt even notice.....Even if hes suspended for a game with billups being Day2day not looken like he is going to play either tuesday night

Sadds The Gr8
04-18-2011, 12:45 AM
:facepalm: someone's MAD

Crackadalic
04-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Doesnt matter. The calls was bs towards the end. Just move on, game 2 is next

marlinsfan24
04-18-2011, 12:47 AM
Nothing related to this topic, but I found this tweet hilarious:

What if Kobe yelled "Motherf*cker!" in a Boston-LA game and Delonte got offended? Will Stern fine him $100,000 too??

http://twitter.com/beastleyBLVD

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-18-2011, 12:53 AM
The Knicks bench went on the court. Did notice that though. But it was just Ray and Delonte just bumping chests literately on the bench.

Raph12
04-18-2011, 01:03 AM
Didn't call Pierce for bearhugging Melo, but when he pushed him off they called offensive, then they didn't call it when Pierce shoved Melo... That's NBA refs for you.

metsrock229
04-18-2011, 01:10 AM
some NBA refs are horrible and have no business doing it, guys like this in every sport, and every year in the playoffs a team gets screwed over by terrible calls (or missed calls). It's just unfortunate that it was the knicks that got screwed over this time, but it happens to every team at some point..

Bad/Missed Calls in the game like the technical or offensive can't be fixed, but something that can be done like west not playing the next game should be carried out.

Tha Truth
04-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Delonte probably thought the Knicks were going to call a timeout thats why. He most likely didn't know they were out of timeouts. I'm sure Ray didn't know the Knicks were out of timeouts either or he wouldn't be chest bumping Delonte during the play.

AntiG
04-18-2011, 01:18 AM
They stopped calling that years ago. Been several times in the past few postseasons I've noticed stuff like that and they are never called.

metsrock229
04-18-2011, 01:18 AM
Delonte probably thought the Knicks were going to call a timeout thats why. He most likely didn't know they were out of timeouts. I'm sure Ray didn't know the Knicks were out of timeouts either or he wouldn't be chest bumping Delonte during the play.

just because he thought something was gonna happen doesnt excuse him

cant just assume, you know what they say...

Tha Truth
04-18-2011, 01:24 AM
just because he thought something was gonna happen doesnt excuse him

cant just assume, you know what they say...

I didn't say it excuses him, I'm just saying why he most likely did it.

At the end of the day Game 1 is in the books. The refs miss calls all the time, they are only human although it can be frustrating. I'm looking forward to Game 2 on Tuesday.

hgtiger32
04-18-2011, 01:31 AM
thread started by a knicks fan, this should end good

GrandDaddyPurp
04-18-2011, 01:40 AM

Hahahaha! That ish is hilarious!

But anyways, does anyone have a vid of this?

Rego247
04-18-2011, 01:47 AM
i believe the rule said u can't leave the bench during an altercation.

thats why we see assistant coaches block their guys when there's a scrum on the court.

king4day
04-18-2011, 01:50 AM
At most a tech, but coaches are on the court in the way all the time. There wouldn't be a suspension though. A fight is why there were suspensions for Amar'e and Diaw.

sep11ie
04-18-2011, 01:51 AM
You should be more unhappy with that terrible shot Melo took at the end there.

Geargo Wallace
04-18-2011, 02:00 AM
Delonte is a great teammate. He'll keep ur mom happy if you want him to. Delonte is the man. I wish I was bi-polar. I'd get away with everything! I didn't see anything wrong though.

Trueblue2
04-18-2011, 02:32 AM

Dude I read that, laughed for 5 minutes straight, and posted that on my Facebook... Literally the funniest thing ive read this year.

letsgobrownies7
04-18-2011, 02:37 AM

:laugh: :laugh:

ellesmeire
04-18-2011, 02:45 AM
before you make a thread criticizing the refs think about this...(trying not to bait but...)...could you yourself do better? Ive ref'd basketball games(city level) and been a baseball ump, its a lot harder than it looks...especially the speed of the game, its fricking fast

ellesmeire
04-18-2011, 02:48 AM
not a big deal if you ask me, ive seen it before

ks32
04-18-2011, 02:49 AM
before you make a thread criticizing the refs think about this...(trying not to bait but...)...could you yourself do better? Ive ref'd basketball games(city level) and been a baseball ump, its a lot harder than it looks...especially the speed of the game, its fricking fast

horrible example, it's their jobs they get PAID to do it :confused:

pd1dish
04-18-2011, 02:51 AM
these knick fans are real mad...

Trueblue2
04-18-2011, 02:54 AM
Honestly that's the call knick fans are upset about?? Really?

ellesmeire
04-18-2011, 02:56 AM
I mean really poeple get all upset over this ref call and that ref call, and people dont realize how difficult it is, stars get special treatment just *****ing about it wont change it at all, it has been this way for a long time and will continue to be

in the same vein complaining about a call in the game and then ignoring the special treatment amare and carmelo get is just silly

Kashmir13579
04-18-2011, 02:57 AM
rightfully so. the offensive on 'Melo had not been called the entire game and Ray Allen's open 3 involved Douglas and KG's blatantly extended foot.

ks32
04-18-2011, 02:58 AM

obviously, bull***** officiating ruined the game, all you knicks haters yappin about how they blew the 12 point lead, cool they didnt give up against a tough celtics team and fought to the end, just bad officiating throughout the entire game. missed calls and bad calls everywhere for both teams

it's aggravating because it isn't often when the knicks play awesome defense, and when they do they usually win. they played great D tonight and ended up with the loss

life goes on game 2 tuesday

CityofChaos
04-18-2011, 03:01 AM
PSD Knicks fans are so ****ing annoying GTFO

ellesmeire
04-18-2011, 03:02 AM
hey now, im no knick hater...I was hoping for a knick upset, but you start complaing about the game its going to open a full can of worms, im sure Celtic fans could come here and say the refs blew multiple calls as well...

ks32
04-18-2011, 03:04 AM
PSD Knicks fans are so ****ing annoying GTFO

don't read the thread then? i dont know what to tell you..? :confused:

ks32
04-18-2011, 03:05 AM
hey now, im no knick hater...I was hoping for a knick upset, but you start complaing about the game its going to open a full can of worms, im sure Celtic fans could come here and say the refs blew multiple calls as well...

obviously, that's why i said just horrible officiating throughout the entire game not just the calls that didn't go the knicks' way

ellesmeire
04-18-2011, 03:06 AM
well maybe a better question is how the NBA can fix the refing scene throughout the NBA...because thats the only way any **** changes...

Crackadalic
04-18-2011, 03:19 AM
The officiating was bad on both sides. i thought we got calls that we didnt deserve to get and vice verse. Its the last minute of the game where the officiating was really bad. If your gonna call a no call for KG setting a dirty pick and extending his foot to trip Tony(seen the replay 5 times) then why not do the same when they call Offensive foul when clearly Pierce flop. Stuff like that should be a no call and should just let players play. If your gonna have no calls all game why blow the whistle at that moment when melo clearly didnt not push off?

Look i get that its hard to ref games especially nba games but you can't let things like that slide especially if that could have been a situation in a game 7 or something.

With that said this lost doesnt excuse that we poorly executed through out the 2nd half and the Melo shot himself in the foot. If KG didnt smoother Amare the last 2 mins he would have been our go to guy down the stretch but it is what it is.

We just gotta learn from our mistakes(especially the younger guys) and take care of business in game 2

John Walls Era
04-18-2011, 04:16 AM
Totally different scenario. Amare and Diaw (?) ran off the court to get into Horry's face. As long as Delonte doesn't impede the process of the game, he can go onto the court; I think those are the rules...

buch88
04-18-2011, 04:32 AM
Lmao this thread is a joke since a knick fan started it

championships
04-18-2011, 04:47 AM
You only get suspended for leaving the bench when there is an altercation on the court, Not when you celebrate with a teammate.

JPHX
04-18-2011, 04:59 AM
you had to bring up the damn suns/spurs series. cause im not already depressed the suns aint in the playoffs. :cry:

bostncelts34
04-18-2011, 07:47 AM
I know people complain, but wow. Every post is a NY fan complaining. You know how many times i saw a NY player step over the sideline near their bench when a NY player hit a big shot? Answer: Tons of times.

The rule is made for confrontations. Stop trying excuses. Celtics played a terrible first half, Knicks played terrible in the 2nd half and din ot execute down the stretch, get over it. Good game.

ttam68
04-18-2011, 08:55 AM
Amare got suspended because it was during a "confrontation." This is entirely different. The rule is there to prevent massive brawls not chest bumps.

Hangtime
04-18-2011, 09:42 AM
This game like any professional sport will always be subject to human errors that costs a team the game. It has always and will always be like that. If the Knicks had not gone stone cold for much of the 3rd qtr it wouldn't come down to bad officiating at the end.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-18-2011, 09:51 AM
listen,

the guy is a bi-polar mess, he hit a high and he couldnt control himself lol

anyway, i said this in another whining thread... didnt someone make an official officiating b*tching thread? cause this thread fits the bill perfectly

Piercefan34
04-18-2011, 10:35 AM

lol. one win already and its being blamed on officiating.

magichatnumber9
04-18-2011, 10:56 AM
you had to bring up the damn suns/spurs series. cause im not already depressed the suns aint in the playoffs. :cry:Kimmi is so ****ing hot.

oak2455
04-18-2011, 11:25 AM
I think this thread has no merit but the calls were BS.. if your a Celtic fan and win games like this you should win it all:rolleyes:

Evolution23
04-18-2011, 03:41 PM

oh no a guy from wisconsin not tending to his farm, this should be good

algreek3
04-18-2011, 03:43 PM
You only get suspended for leaving the bench when there is an altercation on the court, Not when you celebrate with a teammate.

Incorrect. Show me the rule. By what I remember a player can not enter the court of play for ANY reason. None whatsoever.

The Knicks players had to run routes and had to go around Delonte to get down the court.

MDfootball36
04-18-2011, 03:52 PM
The NBA is clearly fixed and its to give the Celtics the advantage, just gotta move on and get ready for game 2. Nothing that can be done about it now.

Super.
04-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Can we call a T on Spike Lee when A'mare hit that 3 that didn't count and he ran around the court?

:violin:

Get over it

BoozerYells
04-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Incorrect. Show me the rule. By what I remember a player can not enter the court of play for ANY reason. None whatsoever.

The Knicks players had to run routes and had to go around Delonte to get down the court.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_12.html?nav=ArticleList

c. During an altercation, all players not participating in the game must remain in the immediate vicinity of their bench. Violators will be suspended, without pay, for a minimum of one game and fined up to $35,000. The suspensions will commence prior to the start of their next game. A team must have a minimum of eight players dressed and ready to play in every game. If five or more players leave the bench, the players will serve their suspensions alphabetically, according to the first letters of their last name. If seven bench players are suspended (assuming no participants are included), four of them would be suspended for the first game following the altercation. The remaining three would be suspended for the second game following the altercation.

Tarheels23
04-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Wow, Knicks fans are just cry babys lol. When Amare absolutely posterized big baby the entire Knicks bench stepped on the court. I dont hear you crying foul about that?

J4KOP99
04-18-2011, 04:14 PM
For whatever reason, this current Celtics team gets away with more than any other team since Jordan's Bulls. I do not understand it, but it is what it is.

Maybe 3% of Garnetts screens are legal and Pierce flops more than Vlade Divac. Somehow they still get away with it. I really can care less about the Knicks or Carmelo, but how on earth do you explain calling that offensive foul at the end of the game? They were battling for possession, with the game on the line, in THE PLAYOFFS! You call an offensive foul? It is unbelievable watching the Celtics sometimes. The reason they comeback so often is because the refs let them play however they want. They are allowed to manhandle the opposition, but once somebody grazes Pierce with a fingernail, the world is coming to an end.

More-Than-Most
04-18-2011, 04:21 PM
People saying its fixed. I am pretty sure the best thing stern can ask for is a lakers/Knicks finals correct?

J4KOP99
04-18-2011, 04:25 PM
People saying its fixed. I am pretty sure the best thing stern can ask for is a lakers/Knicks finals correct?

Nah... Lakers vs. Heat and then Lakers vs. Celtics.

Lakers vs. Knicks would be 3rd.

sixer04fan
04-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Nah... Lakers vs. Heat and then Lakers vs. Celtics.

Lakers vs. Knicks would be 3rd.

Lakers vs. Knicks would be third I'll give you that... But Grizzlies-Pacers would be a close 4th. There is no denying that. haha

bbd24
04-18-2011, 04:34 PM
If your talking about bad calls, the worst call in that game was the offensive foul called on Garnett. Just a normal post up, someone flops on the Knick side, and bam, Garnett charged with the foul.

Atrocious.

KnicksR4Real
04-18-2011, 04:45 PM

and a green bay packers fan commenting... what does that mean? nothing. the football fan commenting on a basketball game. :facepalm:

KnicksR4Real
04-18-2011, 04:47 PM
oh no a guy from wisconsin not tending to his farm, this should be good
hahahahhahah thats the funniest **** ive ever read. :D im dying

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-18-2011, 04:57 PM
i believe the rule said u can't leave the bench during an altercation.

thats why we see assistant coaches block their guys when there's a scrum on the court.

this

championships
04-18-2011, 04:58 PM

The Rule

Rule 12, Section VII(c) of the NBA Official Playing Rules says: “During an altercation, all players not participating in the game must remain in the immediate vicinity of their bench. Violators will be suspended, without pay, for a minimum of one game and fined up to $50,000.”

1994-95
• Shortened the three-point line (22 feet in the corners extending to 23 feet, nine inches at the top of the key) to a uniform 22 feet around the basket.
• Awarded three foul shots for any player fouled while attempting a three-point field goal.
• Any player who leaves the bench during a fight automatically suspended for a minimum of one game and fined a maximum of $20,000; in addition to losing 1/82nd of his salary for each game, he is suspended.• Any player who commits two flagrant fouls in one game will be ejected.

The rules only specify when there is an altercation. I can't find anything that says anything about a player leaving the bench other then when there is an altercation.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_history.html

effen5
04-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Not sure why Knicks fans are ripping on a Wisconsin poster....

I mean for **** sake, Bucks have been in the playoffs more then the Knicks has this decade....hell Bucks have won more playoff games then the Knicks has this decade

BradytoGronkTD
04-18-2011, 05:39 PM
I think this thread has no merit but the calls were BS.. if your a Celtic fan and win games like this you should win it all:rolleyes:

sounds good to me!:clap:

C's ALL THE WAY WOOO!

Da Knicks
04-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Forget about it already next game we need to go with the mentality of the refs and celtics vs knicks! Know what bs calls they are going to be calling and try to adjust, it sucks just ask the kings years ago.

Teeboy1487
04-18-2011, 05:44 PM

:laugh2: :laugh:

KingPosey
04-18-2011, 05:54 PM
should of at least been a technical for too many players, especially if he is on the court when the ball was inbounded.

Kashmir13579
04-18-2011, 06:05 PM
The NBA is clearly fixed and its to give the Celtics the advantage, just gotta move on and get ready for game 2. Nothing that can be done about it now.

i slept it off and i agree with you. wow that was a tough loss though.

ne3xchamps
04-18-2011, 06:20 PM
:facepalm: Someone's mad

yup!

stlbest5in2013
04-19-2011, 12:28 AM
only a knick fan would bring this up.

not hating on the knicks, but many of their fans think they are title contenders. then post this garbage to act like they got robbed

stlbest5in2013
04-19-2011, 12:35 AM

right on, every body thats not a knick fan is an automatic hater. the ref's, the league, all of them. god why cant the league cater to the knicks even though they are not a top 3 all time team, in terms of winning titles