PDA

View Full Version : Round 1/Game 1 Performances

Master Mind
04-18-2011, 12:37 AM
Who's had the best Rd. 1 Game 1 performance?

Derrick Rose - 39 Pts, 6 Reb, 6 Ast, 1 Stl, 3 Blk

Dwight Howard - 46 Pts, 19 Reb, 1 Ast, 1 Blk

Chris Paul - 33 Pts, 7 Reb, 14 Ast, 4 Stl

Kevin Durant - 41 Pts, 9 Reb, 2 Ast, 1 Stl

Russell Westbrook - 31 Pts, 6 Reb, 7 ast, 1 Stl

Kobe Bryant - 34 Pts, 4 Reb, 5 Ast, 1 Blk

Homerism aside

Baller1
04-18-2011, 12:38 AM
Chris Paul, only because of the circumstances. Beating the defending champs on the road by yourself... CP3 takes the cake.

nyanks79
04-18-2011, 12:38 AM
Paul and its not that close when you consider everything IMO.

Sadds The Gr8
04-18-2011, 12:39 AM
Chris Paul. Most well-rounded game, plus his team won, and won against the world champions

six
04-18-2011, 12:39 AM
I would say Howard, but magic lost. So I'm going with Rose.

Master Mind
04-18-2011, 12:40 AM
Can a mod add a poll my stupid computer didn't allow me...

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-18-2011, 12:40 AM
I'd say Howard but his team lost by 10. So CP3.

hugepatsfan
04-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Dwight/CP3. Those 2 were clearly the best. Either is a fine choice.

JCmasta
04-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Derrick Rose willled his team to a win, without him Pacers blow the bulls out of the water.

Sergio1984
04-18-2011, 12:44 AM
Cp3

kingbrentg
04-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Added the poll.

Kobe and Dwight are out instantly for me this time, for losing.

So I'd probably say Chris Paul.

marlinsfan24
04-18-2011, 12:45 AM
CP3 or KD.

Master Mind
04-18-2011, 12:46 AM
Would have easily been Dwight but the loss negates him so I'd go CP3. Assists are essentially points, so tally that up for Paul...

Master Mind
Added the poll.

Kobe and Dwight are out instantly for me this time, for losing.

So I'd probably say Chris Paul.

Thanx!

Crackadalic
Dwight Howard for me. He is the Orlando Magic.

Gators123
04-18-2011, 12:48 AM
Chris Paul

BleedingGreen9
04-18-2011, 12:48 AM
CP3 but he had an old man trying to chase him around

Raps18-19 Champ
04-18-2011, 12:49 AM
It was between CP3 and Howard for me.

But CP3 won and Howard didn't so I'll give it to CP3.

Chi StateOfMind
04-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Cp3 easily

jneises21
04-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Chris Paul was on fire and led his team to the victory so its got to be him imo...some sick passes too..

Gators123
04-18-2011, 12:54 AM
Cp3 easily

Public Poll.

Sofnr
04-18-2011, 12:54 AM
All of these guys had amazing games. This was a great weekend for basketball. I would rank them:
Howard
Paul
Durant
Rose
Westbrook
Kobe

Baller1
04-18-2011, 12:57 AM
1. CP3
2. KD
3. Rose
4. Westbrook

5. Dwight
6. Kobe

Had Dwight won, he'd be #1.

northsider
04-18-2011, 12:57 AM
I voted DH but, probably should have went with Paul cause he won the game by himself.

gotoHcarolina52
04-18-2011, 12:58 AM
Exposing Homerism in 3 Easy Steps:

(1) Chi StateOfMind votes for Derrick Rose

(2)
Cp3 easily
(3)
Public Poll.

This is priceless. Absolutely priceless.

And my vote is for Christopher.

Master Mind
04-18-2011, 01:00 AM
I voted CP3 but I would have expected KD and D-Rose to get more love...

Baller1
04-18-2011, 01:02 AM
I voted CP3 but I would have expected KD and D-Rose to get more love...

I hate CP3, and KD is my favorite player... But CP3's performance went unmatched this weekend. He was incredible.

Sportfan
04-18-2011, 01:04 AM
Ray Allen

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Rose's performance shouldn't be overlooked though. Anytime a guy goes to the FT line 21 times and makes 19 of them in a playoff game that was decided in the final minute, thats incredible.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-18-2011, 01:18 AM
I hate CP3, and KD is my favorite player... But CP3's performance went unmatched this weekend. He was incredible.

Why do you hate CP3?

Rose's performance shouldn't be overlooked though. Anytime a guy goes to the FT line 21 times and makes 19 of them in a playoff game that was decided in the final minute, thats incredible.

Rose was incredible. But in no way was he better then CP3 considering the circumstances. Rose had a phenomenal game against an 8 seed at home. CP3 had a statistically superior game against the defending champs on the road. I think its obvious which performance was better.

Baller1
04-18-2011, 01:20 AM
Why do you hate CP3?

His blatant flops are absolutely disgusting to me. Same reason I can't stand Fisher.

Master Mind
04-18-2011, 01:24 AM
His blatant flops are absolutely disgusting to me. Same reason I can't stand Fisher.

Given his size it's hard to tell if it's a flop or not

Baller1
04-18-2011, 01:26 AM
Given his size it's hard to tell if it's a flop or not

I used to think that way and give him the benefit of the doubt, but they're flops. Some of them are just pathetic, I can't take it.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-18-2011, 01:27 AM

Yeah, floppers are easy to hate. But hey, its a smart basketball play which is why I don't mind floppers as much as I used too. And if you think about it, a guy like CP3 can only play defense by flopping. It's not like he's tall enough to guard most players straight up.

And I hate Fisher too but not because he flops. Just because he's on the Lakers.

Also, I like CP3 more now because he pretty much beat the Lakers (I like any player who dumps on the Lakers).

Raph12
04-18-2011, 01:37 AM
Voted Dwight, but the loss negates his big game...

CP3 just proving why he's still the best PG in the league... Look ma, no more knee brace!... Lakers beware, you maybe in for a scare.

Baller1
04-18-2011, 01:41 AM
Yeah, floppers are easy to hate. But hey, its a smart basketball play which is why I don't mind floppers as much as I used too. And if you think about it, a guy like CP3 can only play defense by flopping. It's not like he's tall enough to guard most players straight up.

And I hate Fisher too but not because he flops. Just because he's on the Lakers.

Also, I like CP3 more now because he pretty much beat the Lakers (I like any player who dumps on the Lakers).

Yeah, I've trained myself to tolerate them better than I used to for that exact reason, but damn I hate floppers when it's in favor of the opposition.

That's why I hate Fisher too, but I try to give myself other reasons to hate him as well.

Thunder win + Lakers loss = perfect day (and the Mariners actually won (!) for bonus points).

aussie
04-18-2011, 01:48 AM
cp3 no doubt, to beat the lakers, which we havnt done all season, away and in the finals

:clap:

Scarified
04-18-2011, 01:48 AM
Gotta go with Dwight, was a man among boys yesterday.

sep11ie
04-18-2011, 02:00 AM
Even though he lost, Dwight had the best individual performance. There's not much else he could have done.

IversonIsKrazy
04-18-2011, 02:20 AM
I would say Dwight for having a beastly 46/19 game, but his team lost. TO me it's between CP3 and DRose. Durrant had a huge night, but he had a lot of help from Westbrooke and Ibaka's defense. Now u measure thru circumstances, altho DRose carried his team in the last 3 mins of the game to erase a 10-point deflict and pull out a W, CP3 put the entire Hornets team on his back the whole game to overtake the defending 2X champs. Gotta give the nod to CP3

PatsSoxKnicks
04-18-2011, 02:39 AM
Yeah, I've trained myself to tolerate them better than I used to for that exact reason, but damn I hate floppers when it's in favor of the opposition.

That's why I hate Fisher too, but I try to give myself other reasons to hate him as well.

Thunder win + Lakers loss = perfect day (and the Mariners actually won (!) for bonus points).

Oh yeah, when you're rooting for a team and the other team flops, its annoying as hell. But overall, I don't really have any hatred for the guys who flop a lot. Ginobili has the biggest rep as a flopper but I don't really have anything against him. Actually like him as a player.

Yeah, I used to do that. Until I just accepted the fact that I hate him solely because he's a Laker. If he was on another team, I probably wouldn't notice/care about him (like when he was with Utah). Although, since he's been with the Lakers for so long now, I'd probably hate him even if he changed teams.

Unfortunately, I didn't have quite the good day with the Knicks losing. But the Lakers losing was just awesome. I've rooted passionately against them for over a decade. And with my Knicks being out of the playoffs for a long time, all I've had to root for in the playoffs is rooting against the Lakers. Naturally, that's probably made me a pretty angry person :laugh2:

And the Thunder might be my 2nd favorite team right now (although admittedly, that has more to do with the fact that I think they have the best shot at knocking out the Lakers in the West). But I do like KD and Westbrook.

Baller1
04-18-2011, 02:44 AM
Oh yeah, when you're rooting for a team and the other team flops, its annoying as hell. But overall, I don't really have any hatred for the guys who flop a lot. Ginobili has the biggest rep as a flopper but I don't really have anything against him. Actually like him as a player.

Yeah, I used to do that. Until I just accepted the fact that I hate him solely because he's a Laker. If he was on another team, I probably wouldn't notice/care about him (like when he was with Utah). Although, since he's been with the Lakers for so long now, I'd probably hate him even if he changed teams.

Unfortunately, I didn't have quite the good day with the Knicks losing. But the Lakers losing was just awesome. I've rooted passionately against them for over a decade. And with my Knicks being out of the playoffs for a long time, all I've had to root for in the playoffs is rooting against the Lakers. Naturally, that's probably made me a pretty angry person :laugh2:

And the Thunder might be my 2nd favorite team right now (although admittedly, that has more to do with the fact that I think they have the best shot at knocking out the Lakers in the West). But I do like KD and Westbrook.

I agree, I think accepting flopping comes along as you mature as a fan to be honest.

Same here, I despise the Lakers. I live about an hour out of LA, so it's legitimate hell. I have to listen to all the bandwagon, fair-weather fans talk about how amazing Kobe and the Lakers are on a regular basis. Last season's playoffs was the death of me, I couldn't take all the **** talking. So yeah, Fisher is hated by me for sure.

My best friend since middle school is a Knicks fan so I naturally root for them as well, unfortunately they're playing my second favorite team right now... So it's bittersweet.

PatsSoxKnicks
04-18-2011, 03:04 AM
I agree, I think accepting flopping comes along as you mature as a fan to be honest.

Same here, I despise the Lakers. I live about an hour out of LA, so it's legitimate hell. I have to listen to all the bandwagon, fair-weather fans talk about how amazing Kobe and the Lakers are on a regular basis. Last season's playoffs was the death of me, I couldn't take all the **** talking. So yeah, Fisher is hated by me for sure.

My best friend since middle school is a Knicks fan so I naturally root for them as well, unfortunately they're playing my second favorite team right now... So it's bittersweet.

Oh man, I wouldn't be able to stand that. Fortunately, I don't live anywhere near Laker land (living in RI is good for my Laker hate lol). But yeah, considering the Knicks haven't been in the playoffs for most of this decade, when it comes around to the playoffs for me, its basically root for the team who plays the Lakers. Not sure why I hate them so much, I just do. Even in Shaq and Phil's first championship run, I was rooting against them. So it's not just about their success recently.

Yeah, I actually live in RI and am mostly a Boston sports fan but root for the Knicks instead of the Celts. But my brother and dad are both Celts fans (well my dad used to be a Knicks fan and abandoned ship after the 90s). Most of my friends are Celts fans too. So its a weird series for me. I was really hoping the Knicks would play the Bulls or Heat instead. And of course today, I was watching the game with my brother and a friend who are both Celts fans, so yeah, that was not that fun....

Jewelz0376
04-18-2011, 03:13 AM
It was between Rose and Cp3...I had to go with Cp3....he dominated the defending 2 time champs on the road in a way that only Cp3 can...rose dominated with his scoring, but CP3 dominated with his scoring and his assists...he had a monster game

ellesmeire
04-18-2011, 03:13 AM
I know some fanboys will come in here and say rose...but come on lol

1. CP3(big upset)
2. Durant(beast)
3. Dwight(if only he won)
4. Rose(willed that last run)
5. Westbrook(wingman of durant...help)
6. Kobe...good but no cigar

Master Mind
04-18-2011, 06:27 AM
Mike & Mike also agreed that CP3 had the best performance and they also praised Howard and Rose. And Lol at Mark Jackson's comments on Pau guarding CP3---- CP3 to Pau "may I have this dance"

alencp3
04-18-2011, 06:49 AM
Ask Derek Fisher

gsgs49
04-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Which player had the best performance in Game 1? And rank them from 1 to 4
Some candidates:

Derrick Rose:He led his team to victory and was tremendous in the final minutes.
Remarkable stats:
39 points
6 assists
6 rebounds
10-23 from the field
19-21 from the free throw line
41.1 PER
0.471 WS/48
.605 TS%
141 ORtg

Dwight Howard:He was unstoppable in a Game 1 loss,he scored 31 points in the first half.
Remarkable stats:
46 points
19 rebounds
16-23 from the field
14-22 from the free throw line
36.4 PER
.709 TS%
.696 eFG%

Chris Paul:He was amazing all game long leading his team to a Game 1 win in LA.
Remarkable stats:
33 points
14 assists
7 rebounds
4 steals
11-18 from the field
9-12 from the free throw line
45 PER
0.481 WS/48
.709 TS%
.667 eFG%
142 ORtg

Kevin Durant:He had a great performance in a Game 1 win over the nuggets
Remarkable stats:
41 points
9 rebounds
13-22 from the field
12-15 from the free throw line
37.8 PER
0.417 WS/48
.717 TS%
.659 eFG%
145 ORtg

Honorable mention:Zach Randolph,Jason Kidd,Marc Gasol,Kobe Bryant

heatking
04-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Its gotta be cp3, go to the champs home and smack them in the mouth.

AntiG
04-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Chris Paul. He was completely unstoppable in the clutch when the Lakers were making their comeback bid.

All of them were awesome though, with Rose getting the #2 performance in leading the comeback against the Pacers.

BoozerYells
04-18-2011, 10:19 AM
i am a huge rose homer but it was absolutely chris paul and i dont see how anyone can dispute that

Hawkeye15
04-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Chris Paul showed everyone WHY he is still the best PG on the planet.

ChicagoRox
04-18-2011, 10:22 AM
CP3 all the wy. It was so vintage CP3. And an 7 seed beating a 2 seed at home was impressive. I still like the Lakers to win it though. But big ups to Rose and Wade for leading their teams to victory by coming from behind. Dwight meh… Lots of points but still a pretty bad loss. they swept the Hawks last year and are now losing games at home. Otis you really messed this team up.

Swashcuff
The Real Chris Paul

Swashcuff
Chris Paul showed everyone WHY he is still the best PG on the planet.

:nod:

DITKA4GOV
Cp3 was sick. If it was best performance to close out a game, than Rose was amazing. Cp3 played a great game getting his and getting his teammates involved. Picking Howard is ridiculous. Great stats for points & rebounds but what did he shoot from the line, how did he get his teammates involved, and didn't he get another fn technical? On top of all that, they lost. Cp3, rose, than Durant.

Knickrocketsfan
04-18-2011, 10:24 AM
I was actually suprized to see that everone agreed so far. CP3 showed why he is still the best pg in the lg. I feel like the regular season he was just like w.e im not tryin to get injured but now he is goin all out

MelkyNYY
04-18-2011, 10:27 AM
This was a thread yesterday. And outside of a handful of Bulls homers who said it was CP3 (yet voted for Rose in a public poll), everyone felt it was either CP3 or Dwight. I voted Dwight in the last thread because he was a man amongst boys and dominated a game in a way I haven't seen a game dominated in a very long time.

rapjuicer06
04-18-2011, 10:27 AM
I said Dwight. Homer pick? Probably. But 46 points 19 boards...did everything he could to win that game, but besides one other player the rest of the team combined for 20 points on 8-33 shooting...too bad the rest of the team didn't play how they did against the bulls that ONE game

Sly Guy
04-18-2011, 10:30 AM
all great performances, but cp3 did the most with the least, and willed his team to a W. When chris paul plays, there isn't a more entertaining player in the league to watch.

hugepatsfan
04-18-2011, 10:31 AM
CHris Paul. I think Dwight getting so much was due in part to ATL letting him get his and trying to shut down everyone else. CP3 was the focal point of the defense, yet still scored at will. And not only that, but he had 14 assists. I'd rank as follows:

CP3
Dwight/Rose (probably an edge to Dwight but I'd hear an argument for Rose)
Durant

Swashcuff
04-18-2011, 10:32 AM
I said Dwight. Homer pick? Probably. But 46 points 19 boards...did everything he could to win that game, but besides one other player the rest of the team combined for 20 points on 8-33 shooting...too bad the rest of the team didn't play how they did against the bulls that ONE game

Don't mean to laugh at your teams expense but :laugh2:

Goes back to the discussion the other day about which player means the most to his team. ONE game is not a big enough sample size to speak of a player's supporting cast but with the play of Hedo and Gilbert being much worst than anticipated it can be said that Dwight's supporting cast isn't the best out there.

nycericanguy
04-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Under the circumstances I'll go with CP3.

Amare should be an option too, 28 of NY's 85 points against Garnett. 11 rebounds and 12-18 FG. Willed NY to the lead until Melo committed that "offensive foul".

You have to look at things in context, that was the most impressive 28 points I've seen Amare score.

Double_R
04-18-2011, 10:37 AM
I voted for Dwight Howard because of the 16 fgs he made in just about every fashion. Anyone who said he has no offense doesn't watch the Magic play. Not to mention that he was doubled, tripled, and still managed to dominate. He was 4 pts and 1 reb away from a 50-20, that's crazy. That being said his team lost and CP3's didn't so he really had the best game and he was more efficient overall, so real answer CP3.

Hawkeye15
04-18-2011, 10:38 AM

Amare should be an option too, 28 of NY's 85 points against Garnett. 11 rebounds and 12-18 FG. Willed NY to the lead until Melo committed that "offensive foul".

You have to look at things in context, that was the most impressive 28 points I've seen Amare score.

agree he should be a poll option

Double_R
04-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Too bad Amare didn't even touch the ball on like the last 11 possessions and Melo chucked up that wackster 3 at the end. His game will be overlooked because of this.

nycericanguy
04-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Too bad Amare didn't even touch the ball on like the last 11 possessions and Melo chucked up that wackster 3 at the end. His game will be overlooked because of this.

i don't have a huge problem with that. Melo is much better at creating and Amare can force it at times. I want the ball in Melo's hands with less than 1 minute. Amare had done his part, NY just needed to hold the ball on that possession and take some time off the clock... unfortunately the ref decided to get ticky tacky all of a sudden and wanted to play a big role in the outcome.

gsgs49
04-18-2011, 10:48 AM
This was a thread yesterday. And outside of a handful of Bulls homers who said it was CP3 (yet voted for Rose in a public poll), everyone felt it was either CP3 or Dwight. I voted Dwight in the last thread because he was a man amongst boys and dominated a game in a way I haven't seen a game dominated in a very long time.

Yeah I saw it after I made the thread,it almost the same mods can close this one if they want.

PhillyFaninLA
04-18-2011, 10:49 AM
The first vote for Durant was supposed to be in Chris Paul...wasn't paying attention and hit the wrong guy by accident.

Reddd
04-18-2011, 10:49 AM
Gotta go with Dwight, individually speaking.
though cp3 carried his team to a victory with vintage-paul-like numbers, Howard just went nuts and did everything in his power and even more. Too bad for him the Magic lost.Btw I read an article before the playoffs in NBA.com, that Jason Collins might just be the guy, who could somewhat contain D12.
Turns out not:rolleyes:

Double_R
04-18-2011, 10:51 AM
i don't have a huge problem with that. Melo is much better at creating and Amare can force it at times. I want the ball in Melo's hands with less than 1 minute. Amare had done his part, NY just needed to hold the ball on that possession and take some time off the clock... unfortunately the ref decided to get ticky tacky all of a sudden and wanted to play a big role in the outcome.

I wanted to see you guys win, but I felt like Amare should have at least touched the ball in order to create a little more fluidity in the offense. He was playing great... yea Melo should take the last shot; felt like the Knicks really were unsure of how to run the offense after Billups left.

flclfanman
04-18-2011, 10:53 AM
CP3

Love me some Rose, but CP3 embarrassed Derek Fisher and the Lakeshow.

gsgs49
04-18-2011, 10:54 AM

Yeah I forgot Amare he should be an option for sure and Kidd should also be an option,I just checked his advanced stas 40.8 PER,0.511 WS/48,.857 TS%,.857 eFG%,163 ORtg pretty insane.

nycericanguy
04-18-2011, 10:55 AM
I wanted to see you guys win, but I felt like Amare should have at least touched the ball in order to create a little more fluidity in the offense. He was playing great... yea Melo should take the last shot; felt like the Knicks really were unsure of how to run the offense after Billups left.

Yea I mean douglas isn't a great playmaking PG. BUt BOS played great defense, they didn't exactly make it easy for NY to go to AMare.

NY had the game won... they were the better team last night. i still can't get over those calls at the end but what can you do.

At the very least I hope people can stop calling NY's defense the worst in history now...lol. Should be a great series but I thought if NY was going to win they had to win that first game, and to have a ref take it away hurts. i hope they bounce back.

NYKnicks4511
04-18-2011, 10:57 AM
CP3 easily, he's still the best PG in the league when healthy.
I would say Dwight, but the fact that Chris Paul took down the two time defending world champs basically by himself is pretty ridiculous.

I also think Amar'es performance could be overlooked a bit, 28 pts 11 rebs with 2 blocks and 2 assists. 12 pts in the 4th quarter he was making Garnett look stupid, but then the Knicks couldn't get him the ball?. . .

I'd rank it as:
1. CP3
2. Dwight
3. Rose
4. Amar'e
5. Ray Allen (big shot)

rapjuicer06
04-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Don't mean to laugh at your teams expense but :laugh2:

Goes back to the discussion the other day about which player means the most to his team. ONE game is not a big enough sample size to speak of a player's supporting cast but with the play of Hedo and Gilbert being much worst than anticipated it can be said that Dwight's supporting cast isn't the best out there.

yea...what i think is funny is that people were saying orlando is a playoff team with out dwight. hahahaha! they woulda been luck to score 50 or 60 in that game without dwight

Ray_R
04-18-2011, 11:02 AM
I would say Dwight, but the fact that Chris Paul took down the two time defending world champs basically by himself is pretty ridiculous.

I also think Amar'es performance could be overlooked a bit, 28 pts 11 rebs with 2 blocks and 2 assists. 12 pts in the 4th quarter he was making Garnett look stupid, but then the Knicks couldn't get him the ball?. . .

I'd rank it as:
1. CP3
2. Dwight
3. Rose
4. Amar'e
5. Ray Allen (big shot)

Agreed.

dnewguy
04-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Cp3. Rose did his thing but with a team like the Hornets, Rose wont make the play-offs.

Bring The Heat
04-18-2011, 11:09 AM
CP3 most definitely number one.... Rose also had a great game as well

Double_R
04-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Cp3. Rose did his thing but with a team like the Hornets, Rose wont make the play-offs.

CP3 is the UNDOUBTEDLY THE BEST PG IN THE NBA WHEN COMPLETELY HEALTHY.

KnicksR4Real
04-18-2011, 11:21 AM
CP3 showed all the D-Rose lovers that he's the best PG. Pushed 'em down to earth.

Cool007
04-18-2011, 11:22 AM
CP3 definitely had the BEST perfomance in game 1 so far of any player.

Rose comes in 2nd, Durant 3rd, Dwight 4th.

Also, to those saying that CP3 was just coasting in the reg. season and now he is showing why he is the best PG in the NBA?

That is fair but it's still 1 game and he had like 3-4 days of rest in between where everyone feels good. Give him couple of more games and if he continues to sizzle then I would be the first one to put him over Rose.

midwestmadman
04-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Every player named here had a great game no question about it, but in my opinion it Chris Paul far and away. Rose shouldn't have to put up those numbers in order to beat the Pacers which is why I didn't vote for his line, Howards might be the most impressive, but his team lost (if he plays like that and they lose there's trouble brewing for Orlando) and for Durant others on the team really stepped up too, Westbrook played great, I lost count of blocked shots by Ibaka etc. So granted Durants game was solid, he was no solo act out there. CP3 and the Hornets came in as underdogs, the 7th seed against the champs, and he outplayed anyone they put in front of him, I amnot shocked though as the Lakers acheilis heel the last two seasons has been defending a point guard who can drive and create (Westbrook last yr was the key to the OKC victories). They really need to upgrade D- Fisher, I like the guy he's hit big shots over his career for the fans of LA but they need a defensive stopper to play the PG.

Khalifa21
04-18-2011, 11:38 AM
CP3 definitely.

Dude was absolutely outstanding.

~Iggy~
04-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Howard was huge, but the rest of the team was not there. Chris Paul has got this one.

Baller1
04-18-2011, 11:39 AM
1. CP3
2. Durant
3. Rose
4. Westbrook
5. Ray Ray
6. Amare

Dwight would be #1 had Orlando won. We already had this thread last night though.

todu82
04-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Chris Paul

Mile High Champ
04-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Dwight Howard for me despite the Magic losing. Howard dropping 49 was simply unreal, he completely dominated the Hawks in game 1 and had his teammates stepped up outside Nelson, we would all be saying Howard.

shrek
04-18-2011, 12:18 PM
1. Chris Paul
2. Rose
3. Durant

Dwight Howard would have been two but since his team lost, his performance does not mean anything

AIRMAR72
04-18-2011, 12:20 PM

I'd rank it as:
1. CP3
2. Dwight
3. Rose
4. Amar'e
5. Ray Allen (big shot)

i agree with your list and for you knick fans on here tony douglas is yall BEST PLAYER they(knicks) need to give douglas the green lite i like da bulls did for rose than its amare than melo, douglas shouldve took the last shot

Tarheels23
04-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Chris Paul... he is the best PG in the NBA and showed why

Dwight Howard also showed why he is this season's MVP... and his teammates showed why he won't win it

AntiG
04-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Another player that deserves some mention - Nene was absolutely beasting last night... even came back from a pretty painful knee contusion.

ChitownSports16
04-18-2011, 12:58 PM

Why you say that? Rose is our number one reason why we're in the play-offs. CP3 is a great player and all but, he really didnt do alot to take his team to the play-offs this year.

Anyways I pick CP3:clap:

Hawkeye15
04-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Why you say that? Rose is our number one reason why we're in the play-offs. CP3 is a great player and all but, he really didnt do alot to take his team to the play-offs this year.

why would you destroy the integrity of your post with that statement? Without Paul, that is a 20 win team

Chronz
04-18-2011, 01:08 PM
This thread sucks compared to the other one. Horrible use of stats .

Sadds The Gr8
04-18-2011, 01:11 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Chronz
04-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Ps I really miss watching cp3 play this way regularly, best pg of our generation in terms of peak performance

iggypop123
04-18-2011, 01:15 PM
cp3 was historically good. and he didnt need 800 fts to do it. only 3 turnovers. thats the best in about 20 yrs. he had contributions from guys who are usually scrubs. cp3 had the equiavalent to a 1 hit cg shutout. i usually hate mark jacksons comments and today was no different. kenny and charles did a better job of critiquing gasols "defense" and it was funnier.

ChitownSports16
04-18-2011, 01:22 PM
guessing you guys forgot about guys like:

David West

Emeka Okafor

RedRicanoBx
Cp3 wooo

JordansBulls
CP3 for upsetting a team they weren't even supposed to win a game against.

Hawkeye15
04-18-2011, 01:24 PM

David West

Emeka Okafor

guessing you forgot how good West was before the best PG in the planet arrived...

Okafor. Has he improved beyond a 12/10 player since he came into the league?

Its the west dude. You don't get to play multiple sub-.500 teams all year and make the playoffs with 37 wins. The Hornets, without Paul, would be a 20 win team.

The very fact that you made that statement in the first place tells me you never watch Paul play, nor have you paid attention to his play over the past 5 years.

Baller1
04-18-2011, 01:24 PM

WOW. Really?

sep11ie
04-18-2011, 01:27 PM
I guess you didnt notice the exact same thread thats up right now?

JordansBulls
04-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Why do we have two of the same exact thread?

ackar
04-18-2011, 01:40 PM
regardless of whether their team won Howard.

Swashcuff
04-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Exposing Homerism in 3 Easy Steps:

(1) Chi StateOfMind votes for Derrick Rose

(2)
(3)

This is priceless. Absolutely priceless.

And my vote is for Christopher.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

bovice163
04-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Cp3.

bulldog312
04-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Paul was the best. I can't give Howard the vote because he didn't win. Rose may have been the best in the clutch, erasing a 10 point deficit to win by 5 in 3 minutes, but Paul clearly had the superior overall performance.

Hawkeye15
04-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Paul was the best. I can't give Howard the vote because he didn't win. Rose may have been the best in the clutch, erasing a 10 point deficit to win by 5 in 3 minutes, but Paul clearly had the superior overall performance.

I think holding off the Lakers in Staple center is a bit more clutch than coming back against Indy at home personally

Tarheels23
04-18-2011, 02:21 PM

Wait......what? Are you serious?

Mile High Champ
04-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Ps I really miss watching cp3 play this way regularly, best pg of our generation in terms of peak performance

Agreed though if we are talking only offensively, I would put Nash in the discussion. Paul was simply unreal against the Lakers though.

saintdrew
04-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Chris Paul is the obvious choice. (no homer)

Hear me out because Paul scored 17 in the 4th quarter, only had ONE turnover and 14 assists to add to 33 points. By the way he led the Hornets in rebound with 7.

If the Lakers can somehow shut down CP3, or limit him to a mediocre performance, then Los Angeles will have a cake-walk with New Orleans. Hornets need superb play from Carl Landry, Marco Belinelli, Emeka Okafor and they'll have decent play from Jarrett Jack, Willie Green, and Jason Smith.

Lakers are the better team, and I still say they will win the series 4-2 but it will be competitive.

heathonater
04-18-2011, 02:41 PM
cp3 had the best game 1 performance in my opinion. if this version of cp3 shows up for the entire series, the lakers could be in for a tougher fight than they thought.

IVE GOT WOOD
04-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Public Poll.

:facepalm: Nice catch haha...It's gotta be CP3 and I voted for him also:laugh2:

Chronz
04-18-2011, 02:56 PM

David west

emeka okafor
HUH? .i

Raph12
04-18-2011, 04:18 PM

x2

After his first three seasons, I though he was on pace to become the GOAT at PG statistically.

Master Mind
04-18-2011, 04:23 PM
No love for KD, wow...

MagicHero3
04-18-2011, 04:25 PM
ok, well Dwight did everything he possibly could tying his career high in points, and he still lost, therefore its hard to say he had the best performance.

D-Rose had the 4th quarter comeback, so I can understand him being considered

BUT...as the popular consensus goes, I would not argue against CP3 bc he lit up the recent Champs.

and the wierd thing is...

why is there not more votes for Durant????? hes a beast. he really is.

Raph12
04-18-2011, 04:29 PM
No love for KD, wow...

Maybe because he's the only one with a teammate up there as well... It's no knock on him, but getting a big helping hand (carried them in the 1st half and put the game away) helps relieve defensive pressure off of you in a big way.

Dwight's individual performance was best but they lost, CP3 played amazingly and against the defending champs on the road... Hard to vote against him.

sep11ie
04-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Why do we have two of the same exact thread?

Cuz you retired.