PDA

View Full Version : NBA/NCAA Comparison

willsayanything
04-17-2011, 04:46 PM
The NBA is jealous of the NCAA. The NCAA and schools make millions and the players make nothing. The NBA wants it all and to give the players nothing. There will be no season next year. The league will torch it to bust the players.

heyman321
04-17-2011, 06:53 PM
First of all, since when do you ever make money going to college? You go there to get educated in order to get a job, it's the same for basketball. Why should they PAY you to learn (or to get noticed for basketball)?

Second, do you not find it ridiculous that players are making that much money? It's not so much of a problem for the superstars more than others, but it's the bums that are millionaires. Don't you find it a problem Jermaine O'Neal was making tons of cash, Michael Redd made millions for being injured, that Rashard Lewis and Gilbert Arenas are making like 25 mil a year? Anyone who says the owners are being selfish are sorely misinformed.

Sixerlover
04-17-2011, 07:01 PM
lol at the comparison. Can't compare professionals to college kids in anything.

fadedmario
04-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Thank god the league is shutting down so we don't have to deal with a certain fan base for a whole year (and it's not the Heat fans) - You guess.

ManRam
04-17-2011, 07:03 PM
I think a lot of the things the owners/league want are 100% reasonable and not greed-oriented. I don't think it's all greed...not at all.

And let's not act like the players' main concern isn't money. Every decision they'll make this off-season will be related to money as well.

I also don't think they're jealous at all. This thread confuses me...

NIUHuskies
04-17-2011, 07:28 PM
Not the players fault they are being offered ridiculous contracts. Owners are locking the players out to protect themselves from themselves.

iFYouSeekAmy
04-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Um. You sure are living up to your name.