PDA

View Full Version : Serious question, does ZBo surpass Pau with a playoff win?

Chronz
04-17-2011, 03:43 PM
In terms of stature within the organization?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-17-2011, 03:46 PM
hell no lol

hugepatsfan
04-17-2011, 03:48 PM
These responses should be fun to see who actually read the question...

That being said, I still say no. I think Pau to this point has done a lot more. He never won a playoff game, but he lead them there multiple times and was a great player for a longer period of time.

TrueFan420
04-17-2011, 03:52 PM
you cant really compare i dont think pau ever had this much talent on his teams

Storch
04-17-2011, 03:59 PM
In terms of Zbo's time with Memphis (only) comparing it to Gasol's time in Memphis (only) this would be a nice cornerstone for Zbo to achieve to become higher in stature than Gasol in Memphis imo.

Storch
04-17-2011, 04:00 PM
you cant really compare i dont think pau ever had this much talent on his teams

This is true as well.

Burkey3472
04-17-2011, 04:01 PM
I still give a large edge to Pau.

He had 7 very good seasons with the Grizzles with no talent around him. ZBo has only had 2 good seasons and the success they are having now is because they actually have a solid supporting cast.

Hawkeye15
04-17-2011, 04:07 PM
I still give a large edge to Pau.

He had 7 very good seasons with the Grizzles with no talent around him. ZBo has only had 2 good seasons and the success they are having now is because they actually have a solid supporting cast.

took the words out of my mouth

hotpotato1092
04-17-2011, 04:09 PM
If they win the series yes, otherwise all that Pau did in getting them to the playoffs multiple times and giving them their first true marquee player gives him the edge.

The Jokemaker
04-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Yes. Pau never took it to the next level with the Grizz and in this game today Randolph did. Randolph is a monster and attacks and fights, something Pau never did in his tenure with Memphis. Randolph has been one of the key pieces for this team the past 2 seasons and led the franchise to it's first playoff victory against the #1 powerhouse Spurs. If you ask any Grizz fan, I'd bet they say Randolph just because of how he's played and elevated this team.

And to those who say Pau had no talent around him on those teams I suggest you take a couple more looks at those rosters. Those teams were filled with established, talented veterans.

IndiansFan337
04-17-2011, 04:55 PM
No. ZBo hasn't been in Memphis long enough for that...Gasol led that team to their first ever playoff series'....Even though they were swept each time.

Redbull
04-17-2011, 05:00 PM
No. The Grizzles right now actually have a very good well rounded team.

MrfadeawayJB
04-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Many Memphians have a bitterness towards pau and how he handled the last years he had here, and z-bo smashed all pau's single season records after his 1st season...memphis is z-bo and z-bo is memphis

DamnGoat
04-17-2011, 05:15 PM
I don't think Pau ever had this much talent around him. Who was the best supporting player Pau had in Memphis? Mike Miller? Eddie Jones?

A lot more talent around Z-Bo in Memphis with Conley, Gay (even though he's hurt now), Gasol, Arthur, Allen & Mayo.

Chronz
04-17-2011, 05:21 PM
The consensus seems to be pau had less help but what about competition? Are you guys saying pau didn't have the kind of help zach randolph has on his 8th seeded team to win one game? Just saying, Pau was a better player imo but why didn't the griz win one?

If they win the series yes, otherwise all that Pau did in getting them to the playoffs multiple times and giving them their first true marquee player gives him the edge.

So 4 wins in the playoff puts him ahead

MrfadeawayJB
04-17-2011, 05:33 PM
If Z-Bo wins a series with us, yes. Pau never got close to that. If we bow out in the 1st round, and resign z-bo to a multi-year contract. Zach will surpass pau for sure imo

mzgrizz
04-17-2011, 10:55 PM
Been a 10 year season ticket holder and will emphatically answer YES ! Pau was too damn soft then and definitely left in a bad way. Hell, he left us BEFORE he left us. ZBo , TA, Rudy,Marc, MC have been everything a tough gritty city needed to push us over that milestone and as Fadeaway said Zbo is Memphis

Hellcrooner
04-17-2011, 11:04 PM
NO.

the level of help pau had in the team is nowhere near.

I mean

Stromile swift or Marc gasol????

Rudy Gay or James posey?

Mayo or Mike mIller?

not even close.

Hellcrooner
04-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Oh btw.

MANU GINOBILI

just saying......

Hellcrooner
04-17-2011, 11:07 PM
another one

Parker Manu and duncan on their PRIMES vs No manu, Parker and Duncan on their decline.

Declining spurs vs FINALIST MAVS?

declining spurs vs BEST SUNS EVER?

really?

close this CRAP thread

NOW

Hellcrooner
04-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Yes. Pau never took it to the next level with the Grizz and in this game today Randolph did. Randolph is a monster and attacks and fights, something Pau never did in his tenure with Memphis. Randolph has been one of the key pieces for this team the past 2 seasons and led the franchise to it's first playoff victory against the #1 powerhouse Spurs. If you ask any Grizz fan, I'd bet they say Randolph just because of how he's played and elevated this team.

And to those who say Pau had no talent around him on those teams I suggest you take a couple more looks at those rosters. Those teams were filled with established, talented veterans.

big news

you knwo who has been the man of the game today?

Gasol

MARC

kblo247
04-17-2011, 11:22 PM
In terms of the NBA? No

In terms of as a Memphis first option historically? Yeah because he is exactly what Pau wasn't as the number 1 option, assertive to the point he imposes his will on guys and doesn't let them impose their on him like Pau did when they were getting swept everywhere. Zach may not have the pretty percentages every night but he will put up a fight and he damn sure won't limit himself or limit his team's chances of advancing as the number 1 guy by setting a 14 shot ceiling on himself. You can call it selfish, but all true first options are because they rather go down swinging than just being a punching bag, which is why Gasol is one of the best second options in the league.

What is funny is that the LA trade gave them everything to do more than Pau did in all his years there. Kwame's expiring gave them cap for Zach who Wallace said he wanted but couldn't get at the time (Knicks paid more). The rights of Pau's brother Marc and the pick that got them Arthur was also from that trade.

Now is it as good as winning a ring? No. It is however a step up and progress from the Pau Gasol led Memphis Griz and every Z-bo hater should be man enough to admit that

The Jokemaker
04-17-2011, 11:26 PM
Been a 10 year season ticket holder and will emphatically answer YES ! Pau was too damn soft then and definitely left in a bad way. Hell, he left us BEFORE he left us. ZBo , TA, Rudy,Marc, MC have been everything a tough gritty city needed to push us over that milestone and as Fadeaway said Zbo is Memphis

Agree 100%. I remember every game I went to when they had Pau the crowd always wanted him to elevate it and take over the game and he never did. Zach IS that kind of guy and has led this team to a rebirth last season and the franchise's first victory this season.

People who actually follow the Grizzlies know Zach has surpassed Pau in the franchise.

Hellcrooner
04-17-2011, 11:27 PM
In terms of the NBA? No

In terms of as a Memphis first option historically? Yeah because he is exactly what Pau wasn't as the number 1 option, assertive to the point he imposes his will on guys and doesn't let them impose their on him like Pau did when they were getting swept everywhere. Zach may not have the pretty percentages every night but he will put up a fight and he damn sure won't limit himself or limit his team's chances of advancing as the number 1 guy by setting a 14 shot ceiling on himself. You can call it selfish, but all true first options are because they rather go down swinging than just being a punching bag, which is why Gasol is one of the best second options in the league.

What is funny is that the LA trade gave them everything to do more than Pau did in all his years there. Kwame's expiring gave them cap for Zach who Wallace said he wanted but couldn't get at the time (Knicks paid more). The rights of Pau's brother Marc and the pick that got them Arthur was also from that trade.

Now is it as good as winning a ring? No. It is however a step up and progress from the Pau Gasol led Memphis Griz and every Z-bo hater should be man enough to admit that

:rolleyes::rolleyes: just saying until he went doen with an ionjury with 3/4 of season played RUDY GAY is the franchise dude / first option dude in the team....

funny their franchise dude go down and they still make the playoffs... hey maybe they have a great TEAM with great DEPTH:

you kno wha t happened after three seasons of playoffs when pau got injured for 30 games?=

Yep LOTTERY thats what happened, go figure.
Randolph has not done JACK; team has.

Hellcrooner
04-17-2011, 11:28 PM
the equivalent to this is saying Horry is a better Pf than Karl malone because he has rings.

sep11ie
04-17-2011, 11:49 PM
No Crooner, you are just blinded by your manlove for Gasol. Honestly this question should only be answered by Grizzlies fans.

Pau had Gay on his team too, didn't he?

sep11ie
04-17-2011, 11:49 PM
No Crooner, you are just blinded by your manlove for Gasol. Honestly this question should only be answered by Grizzlies fans.

Hellcrooner
04-18-2011, 12:05 AM

you mean rookie gay on the year pau missed 30 games out with injury?

yep.

MrfadeawayJB
04-18-2011, 12:29 AM
Z-Bo is more respected than Pau will ever be in memphis, because of what i said before...he relates to the people of memphis...z-bo is memphis, memphis is z-bo

Hellcrooner
04-18-2011, 12:42 AM
Z-Bo is more respected than Pau will ever be in memphis, because of what i said before...he relates to the people of memphis...z-bo is memphis, memphis is z-bo

You dont want to take that path.
It would be cheap to Accuse Memphis people of Racism.

I know better.

i WANT to believe i know better as a matter of fact.

MrfadeawayJB
04-18-2011, 12:58 AM
You dont want to take that path.
It would be cheap to Accuse Memphis people of Racism.

I know better.

i WANT to believe i know better as a matter of fact.

first of all i'm white, and this has nothing to do with race, but more of the attitude...
example:

Z-Bo= hard-working, blue collar player
Pau- Soft, screams everytime he touches the ball

lilojmayo
04-18-2011, 12:58 AM
I don't think Pau ever had this much talent around him. Who was the best supporting player Pau had in Memphis? Mike Miller? Eddie Jones?

A lot more talent around Z-Bo in Memphis with Conley, Gay (even though he's hurt now), Gasol, Arthur, Allen & Mayo.

You could use that as a fair argument. Z-bo's talent around him for exceeds what Pau had as a Grizzly. But at the same time even though Z-bo has more talent his numbers are better than Pau's. Pau wasn't exactly known for being a lockdown defender at the either.

Raph12
04-18-2011, 01:07 AM
The consensus seems to be pau had less help but what about competition? Are you guys saying pau didn't have the kind of help zach randolph has on his 8th seeded team to win one game? Just saying, Pau was a better player imo but why didn't the griz win one?

I agree, there if no reason for Pau not to be able to win atleast one game. Gasol just isn't that 1st option type of player, although he may just be the best 2nd option in the league (now 2nd best to Wade/3rd best to Stat?).

I think if the Grizz eliminate the Spurs, ZBo gets the nod.

Hellcrooner
04-18-2011, 01:14 AM
first of all i'm white, and this has nothing to do with race, but more of the attitude...
example:

Z-Bo= hard-working, blue collar player
Pau- Soft, screams everytime he touches the ball

You are delusional if you think gasol is not a hard worker.

But he works OFF the cameras, in training room and does not boast out everything he does something.

and zbo hard working, ask portland fans bout thaat....
nah you will find out soon enough now he GOT PAID.

thekmp211
04-18-2011, 01:42 AM
very hard to say. i'd lead towards yes, especially considering he's going to re-sign and probably make the playoffs a few more times. and winning as an 8 seed against a 1 isn't just winning 4 playoff games -- its only been done once before.

pau was great in memphis and i clearly agree he had far less supporting talent, but zbo cant be underrated anymore. he is very, very good. there are so many talented power forwards in the league, it's almost difficult to even rank them consistently.

pau is still the better player overall and historically, but from the simple perspective of franchise importance, being the best (ish) guy on a historic playoff team, and the first team to win a series in franchise history, randolph will be remembered more fondly.

crooner you can defend gasol all you want but dont try and say the guy isn't a beast. everyone knows he was a mess earlier in his career, he's a different player now.

Hellcrooner
04-18-2011, 02:55 AM
not worth discussing this stupidity anymore

kblo247
04-18-2011, 03:28 AM
You are delusional if you think gasol is not a hard worker.

But he works OFF the cameras, in training room and does not boast out everything he does something.

and zbo hard working, ask portland fans bout thaat....
nah you will find out soon enough now he GOT PAID.

Pau didn't go in the weight room to Phil made him by his own admission not only go once but three times a week, and he sat out with a back injury that no one found a problem with in his last days in Memphis which suddenly healed once he got dealt. And he was almost a max player :laugh2:

The Pau that you see because Phil and Kobe have kept a foot in his *** privately/publicly and he got labeled soft in the media is nowhere near the passive wimp whose balls used to shrink under the bright lights. He was a number one option who didn't even attempt shots, rebound, or try to defend when his team was getting thrashed in those first rounds. He has grown up and matured now, but so has Zach Randolph from the player who caused trouble in Portland.

Memphis's Zach is greater than Memphis's Pau.

It isn't about who is the better player now, just in terms of that franchise. And Zach did something Pau couldn't do for the life of him, which was earn that money and brought that team its first playoff win in history. He may even help them win their first series ever. To take that from his is foolish just because he is not Spanish.

It doesn't mean Pau isn't great. Baylor brought no rings to the Lakers franchise but he is still remembered and has his jersey hanging up their along side the others and Pau will have his hang in Memphis. He may be remembered as being inferior because of results, but he will be remembered for being that city's first great player.

Hellcrooner
04-18-2011, 03:39 AM
Pau didn't go in the weight room to Phil made him by his own admission not only go once but three times a week, and he sat out with a back injury that no one found a problem with in his last days in Memphis which suddenly healed once he got dealt. And he was almost a max player :laugh2:

The Pau that you see because Phil and Kobe have kept a foot in his *** privately/publicly and he got labeled soft in the media is nowhere near the passive wimp whose balls used to shrink under the bright lights. He was a number one option who didn't even attempt shots, rebound, or try to defend when his team was getting thrashed in those first rounds. He has grown up and matured now, but so has Zach Randolph from the player who caused trouble in Portland.

Memphis's Zach is greater than Memphis's Pau.

It isn't about who is the better player now, just in terms of that franchise. And Zach did something Pau couldn't do for the life of him, which was earn that money and brought that team its first playoff win in history. He may even help them win their first series ever. To take that from his is foolish just because he is not Spanish.
i wonder why pau does not "shrink" nor any of the other **** when he is LeadIng team spain to win titles.

WHODAT8o8
04-18-2011, 03:41 AM
This is true as well.

About your sig, maybe not the three-heat, but what about the CP three?

Trueblue2
04-18-2011, 04:20 AM
If the grizzlies win a game against the spurs when Manu plays then I'll consider it.

buch88
04-18-2011, 04:31 AM
This is true as well.

He had Shane Battier, Mike Miller, Bobby Jackson, Damon Stoudamire, and Eddie Jones. That's pretty good talent in terms of building around an all star like Gasol back 5 years ago.

The Jokemaker
04-18-2011, 08:19 AM
If the grizzlies win a game against the spurs when Manu plays then I'll consider it.

I love how the spurs are using this as an excuse. Meanwhile the Grizz won without one of their best players in Rudy Gay. Both teams were shorthanded, and the Grizz still won.

Hellcrooner
04-18-2011, 12:12 PM
^gay being out is a + not a - for grizzlies.

Teams play better with only one blackhole than with TWO.

Well actually with Two than with THREE......

Baller1
04-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Yup, but only if they win thus series with the Spurs. He'll be remembered as the leader of the team who lead the franchise to their first playoff series win in franchise history. That alone sets him apart from Pau within the Memphis organization in my opinion.

sportzlg0
04-18-2011, 12:58 PM
zbo?

JordansBulls
04-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Well if the other teams that Pau was playing had their best player miss a game, I'm sure he would have won games in the playoffs with Memphis as well.

Baller1
04-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Well if the other teams that Pau was playing had their best player miss a game, I'm sure he would have won games in the playoffs with Memphis as well.

Memphis is missing their best/second best player too.

101flyboy
04-18-2011, 01:43 PM
No. And for the main reason stated, Pau was THE guy when he was in Memphis, whereas Z-Bo isn't the main feature, they have other players who can perform on that high level consistently.

JordansBulls
04-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Memphis is missing their best/second best player too.

They play better without the guy.

Hellcrooner
04-18-2011, 01:53 PM
they play better without the guy.

+1

Tony_Starks
04-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Serious answer, no.

The Jokemaker
04-18-2011, 02:12 PM

Wow, how many Grizzly games have you watched? My guess? Two. Rudy Gay is one of their best players and their ability to maintain their level of playing shows the quality of depth and coaching the team has. Don't fool yourself by saying his loss has no impact on the team.

Chronz
04-18-2011, 02:32 PM

Based on what though? To me they play better with Gay and without OJ Mayo.

Still the Spurs had HCA (isnt that your end all be all metric) and the Spurs were also without their best or 2nd best player.

KingPosey
04-18-2011, 02:42 PM
hell no lol

These responses should be fun to see who actually read the question...

That being said, I still say no. I think Pau to this point has done a lot more. He never won a playoff game, but he lead them there multiple times and was a great player for a longer period of time.

In terms of Zbo's time with Memphis (only) comparing it to Gasol's time in Memphis (only) this would be a nice cornerstone for Zbo to achieve to become higher in stature than Gasol in Memphis imo.

The OP uses the term "within the organization".

I think he might mean Mark Gasol.

Or Pau, WHEN he played for the Griz. If that's the case, the question becomes a lot more valid.

KingPosey
04-18-2011, 02:46 PM
No. And for the main reason stated, Pau was THE guy when he was in Memphis, whereas Z-Bo isn't the main feature, they have other players who can perform on that high level consistently.

The Griz have a much better TEAM now, than they did back then.

But it has to speak for something that Pau was THE guy, and Z-Bo's stats are better.

The Jokemaker
04-18-2011, 02:48 PM
The Griz have a much better TEAM now, than they did back then.

But it has to speak for something that Pau was THE guy, and Z-Bo's stats are better.

There is no doubt the team now is better but those teams back then were no slouches. It's not like Pau single-handedly carried that team a la Lebron did with Cleveland.

Hellcrooner
04-18-2011, 02:52 PM
has z bo lead the team to 50 wins in a MUCH more stacked west with less help?

does a frigging game mean that much?

its ridiculous.

BigAl25
04-18-2011, 03:05 PM
This is a horrible thread, i think you're caught up in the moment.

Chronz
04-18-2011, 03:10 PM
has z bo lead the team to 50 wins in a MUCH more stacked west with less help?

does a frigging game mean that much?

its ridiculous.
What if they win the series?

This is a horrible thread, i think you're caught up in the moment.
It makes for an interesting question

KingPosey
04-18-2011, 03:36 PM
There is no doubt the team now is better but those teams back then were no slouches. It's not like Pau single-handedly carried that team a la Lebron did with Cleveland.

no doubt, I was just stating the pros/cons of the arguments. JWill played his best basketball with the Grizz. He was actually playing better than Bibby for the 1st year, maybe 2 of the trade. I just think ZBo is playing better ball than Pau was WHEN hew played for the Griz, but MAYBE not now as a Laker.

The Jokemaker
04-18-2011, 03:49 PM
no doubt, I was just stating the pros/cons of the arguments. JWill played his best basketball with the Grizz. He was actually playing better than Bibby for the 1st year, maybe 2 of the trade. I just think ZBo is playing better ball than Pau was WHEN hew played for the Griz, but MAYBE not now as a Laker.

Oh I agree. Randolph is definitely playing at a higher level than Pau did in Memphis. Mike Miller was playing great back then as well plus they had Damon Stoudamire, Eddie Jones, Posey, Lorenzen Wright, Battier, etc. Those were good teams.

To the naysayers, just look at the Grizz fan responses on here. People who actually follow the team, and they've all said Randolph has passed Pau. And believe me, it's not a heat of the moment type of thing.

Hellcrooner
04-18-2011, 03:51 PM
What if they win the series?

It makes for an interesting question

if manu plays teh 6 games remaining?

still they would have a better roster than Pau had.

for starters Pau never had a CENTER making his job easier on the level that Marc brings.

Chronz
04-18-2011, 04:13 PM
if manu plays teh 6 games remaining?
Its up to you, if thats a stipulation or not.

still they would have a better roster than Pau had.
So yours saying this 8th seeded team missing its 2nd best player is more likely to win the series than the guy who played on a 5th seed(I think)? That doesnt sound logical to me, not saying its wrong just investigating here.

for starters Pau never had a CENTER making his job easier on the level that Marc brings.
For starters thats a very modest point, they obviously had strengths elsewhere, how else do you explain the Grizz winning so many games with Pau playing so few minutes (31.5 and 32 in 04 & 05 respectively). They were the deepest team in the league, tho Im beginning to buy the talk that depth is overrated come playoff time.

If you believe that Z-Bo has more help then what does that say about the strength of the league now? I dont see how you can say that Z-Bo has both the better team AND play in the Weaker conference.

One thing I will agree with you on is that Marc arguably outplayed Z-Bo

dtmagnet
04-18-2011, 04:16 PM
When Randolph gives them some continued success which I'm sure he will, then he will surpass him eventually.

Hellcrooner
04-18-2011, 04:22 PM

So yours saying this 8th seeded team missing its 2nd best player is more likely to win the series than the guy who played on a 5th seed(I think)? That doesnt sound logical to me, not saying its wrong just investigating here.

For starters thats a very modest point, they obviously had strengths elsewhere, how else do you explain the Grizz winning so many games with Pau playing so few minutes (31.5 and 32 in 04 & 05 respectively). They were the deepest team in the league, tho Im beginning to buy the talk that depth is overrated come playoff time.

If you believe that Z-Bo has more help then what does that say about the strength of the league now? I dont see how you can say that Z-Bo has both the better team AND play in the Weaker conference.

no contradiction here.
it means that i zach with a better team can only get them to 8th seed in a weaker conference then zach is worse than pau.

Tarheels23
04-18-2011, 04:28 PM
I think Randolph has had a better season than Gasol this year. But as far as all time legacy, no way

ddhulett
04-18-2011, 04:32 PM
I don't get it neither one of them accomplished anything big with the Grizz yet....have I missed something?

KingPosey
04-18-2011, 04:50 PM

Agreed. There definitely IS exceptions, but most teams dont even use their depth come playoff time.

Cracka2HI!
04-18-2011, 05:01 PM
If the Grizz win the series I don't see how Z-Bo is not the better Grizzlie. Even now I don't see why he wouldn't be...what did Pau ever do for Memphis that Z-Bo hasn't? Also those Memphis with Pau were pretty damn good.

Hangtime
04-18-2011, 06:11 PM
If I recall they got slaughtered in the Phoenix series. They squandered a couple of opportunities to win a game against SA and Dallas. Some of the players just didn't step up come playoff time. Although this Grizzlies team damn near squandered another opportunity the other guys stepped up. However fans will always remember the effort Z-bo gave which translated to a historic win for the team and the city. And they did it without their best player Rudy Gay. Thats the most important difference when we reflect on it. But as of now its just one game. So we will see if Mr Randolph can be consistent.

KnicksR4Real
04-18-2011, 06:22 PM
hell no lol

laker fan lol;)

JasonJohnHorn
04-18-2011, 08:49 PM
I'd say no. I like Randolph, but a first-round exit is a first round exit. Randolph will have to do more than get one win in the first round. Beating the Spurs would be huge, but even still, it has as much to do with the talent Randolph is playing with.

Gasol never had the kind of talent around him in Memphis that Randolph has. Gasol did more with less in my opinion.

Coupled with that, Gasol is a better all-around player. You can dump the ball into him and fairly expect him to score or make a play. When you dump the ball into the Zack-attack, it is fair to assume that he is not going to make a very good paly if he can score. He just simply can move the rock that way Gasol does. Their rebounding is comparative (neither could be considered much better than the other), their scoring is comprable (though I think Gasol has more offensive weapons, they are both capable of scoring 20+ a night without trying too hard). And I think its fair to say that Gasol is a better defender.

Comparing them as players, Gasol is clearly better, high FG%, more refine O-game, a better defender, and a much better passer. As for what they have done for the organization, he really has done much more than Gasol did, and even if they beat the Spurs, it would be as much to do with the talent he is playing with as what he offers the team.

mzgrizz
04-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Mental masturbation on this issue but where Pau divided the city with his last year here wanting to LEAVE, ZBo has united the city with his gritty performances and desire to STAY. Plus to Randolph

Hellcrooner
04-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Mental masturbation on this issue but where Pau divided the city with his last year here wanting to LEAVE, ZBo has united the city with his gritty performances and desire to STAY. Plus to Randolph

public opinion has no say in how great a player has been.

that its decided on the court.

is shaq less of a player because los angeles hate him?

doubt so.