PDA

View Full Version : Is zach randolph a top 5 pf?

james21
04-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Just wondering if you guys think he is a top 5 pf, because I believe he is, despite his attitude he has been very consistant his whole carear, if you don't think he is, please list. Some stats or numbers to back up your argument! Thanx

John Walls Era
04-17-2011, 03:43 PM
nah. Dirk, Gasol, Bosh, Amare, LA, KG, Duncan, Kevin Love (prolly missing 2-3) are all better.

J-Relo
04-17-2011, 04:05 PM
no he is not

Hawkeye15
04-17-2011, 04:16 PM
nah, top 10 for sure.

hotpotato1092
04-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Honestly I think he is. People really discount just how good he is because he used to be (and may still be) a cancer to a team. Right now he might be the best low post scorer in the league. If you switched him and Bosh right now I think Miami is better, same goes for Chicago with Boozer (this is assuming he's a good teammate now, we can't be sure of that). Right now, my top five in some order would be Amare, Blake, Randolph, Dirk and Gasol. The next tier would be Bosh, Love, Aldridge, Boozer and KG, and honestly Duncan is a tier below that at this point. Don't hate on him because of his past, he has been an absolute BEAST for Memphis.

John Walls Era
04-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Honestly I think he is. People really discount just how good he is because he used to be (and may still be) a cancer to a team. Right now he might be the best low post scorer in the league. If you switched him and Bosh right now I think Miami is better, same goes for Chicago with Boozer (this is assuming he's a good teammate now, we can't be sure of that). Right now, my top five in some order would be Amare, Blake, Randolph, Dirk and Gasol. The next tier would be Bosh, Love, Aldridge, Boozer and KG, and honestly Duncan is a tier below that at this point. Don't hate on him because of his past, he has been an absolute BEAST for Memphis.

Of course you would put Amare and Randolph into the same tier as Dirk and Gasol. ZBo is the best low post scorer? Al Jefferson is miles ahead.

IndiansFan337
04-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Of course you would put Amare and Randolph into the same tier as Dirk and Gasol. ZBo is the best low post scorer? Al Jefferson is miles ahead.

Al Jefferson is being miscast as a C for the time being though...

beardown78
04-17-2011, 04:31 PM
I got him in the 5-6 range, he's the best back to the basket powerforward in the game and he's no longer A "black hole" on offense, actually A decent passer outta the post, A monster on the glass

The Jokemaker
04-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Yep. He is.

goose15
04-17-2011, 04:43 PM
today he is :)

redsox0717
04-17-2011, 04:44 PM
He just had a good game so obviously he is according to PSD

Everyone here loves to make idiotic, hyperbolic statements every time someone has a good game

Cano4prez
04-17-2011, 04:46 PM

Everyone here loves to make idiotic, hyperbolic statements every time someone has a good game

Couldn't agree more

DamnGoat
04-17-2011, 04:46 PM
No way.

DoJoTheSlasher
04-17-2011, 04:50 PM
1. Dirk
2. Gasol
3. Duncan
4. Amare
5. Garnett
6. Aldridge
7. Bosh
8. Randolph
9. Boozer
10. Griffin

The Jokemaker
04-17-2011, 04:54 PM

Nah he's had a great season playing this way so it is completely warranted. This is just the first time he's gotten the exposure the other "elite" PFs get. If you paid attention to the Grizz you'd know that.

Redbull
1. Dirk
2. Gasol
3. Amare
4. Duncan
5. KG
6. LA
7. Bosh
8. Randolph

He is very close.

AIRMAR72
yup had da talent since day 1 to be a double player

John Walls Era
04-17-2011, 05:07 PM
1. Dirk
2. Gasol
3. Duncan
4. Amare
5. Garnett
6. Aldridge
7. Bosh
8. Randolph
9. Boozer
10. Griffin

This one is probably as close as it gets... though I would swap LA with Bosh. Bosh has done what LA has done except rebound even more.

koreancabbage
04-17-2011, 05:09 PM
stats wise - a big yes. undeniable.

as a player who you can take and build around, hell no.

drobe86
04-17-2011, 05:22 PM
ZBO absolutely is a top 5 PF in this league. IDK why people hate on him, but he's amazing. To the point where he's one of my favorite non Maverick player. He just oozes toughness, can shoot it out to 18 feet. And he absolutely dominated the Spurs today... I said Memphis would take the series to 7 games. But screw that, I'm predicting ZBO leading them to the 2nd round....

hotpotato1092
04-17-2011, 05:23 PM

Maybe they aren't quite as good, but they're absolutely worthy of being on the same tier. 2011 Dirk is a great player, but he's not 2006 Dirk. Gasol is a great player, but I think he gets a bit too much hype because the Lakers win. I'm not trying to discount them as players because they're great, but to say Amare (who has had a fantastic season) and Randolph (ditto) aren't on the same tier is simply incorrect. You take Al Jefferson, I'll stick with Zach Randolph.

MrfadeawayJB
04-17-2011, 05:30 PM
He has always been in the conversation....but many people are hopping on the bandwagon after one game, so dont listen to those people...he is def top 10

Master Mind
04-17-2011, 05:32 PM
Top 10

Hoopsadvocate
04-17-2011, 05:37 PM
No, i hate psd so much at times like this. He only averaged over 20 points 1 time in his career in portland a while ago (23 a game) meanwhile guys like bosh, dirk, pau, amare, duncan, garnett all have better offensive games.

Dont even get me started defensivley.

Bosh had the same stat line minus 2 rebounds last night and is a 3rd option!!! he may not be as aggresive but hes overall better same with duncan and garnett not to mention the defense impact they have. Then guys like amare and dirk who may also be one dimensional but they have a slightly better impact on the game than z bo does.

mzgrizz
04-17-2011, 11:02 PM

He is a good teammate; good citizen in Memphis and been awarded honors by the NBA for his community involvement. His old rep is just that....old. And I am one happy fan that we have him, MC, Rudy, TA all signed up and Marc is next !!

mzgrizz
04-17-2011, 11:05 PM
ZBO absolutely is a top 5 PF in this league. IDK why people hate on him, but he's amazing. To the point where he's one of my favorite non Maverick player. He just oozes toughness, can shoot it out to 18 feet. And he absolutely dominated the Spurs today... I said Memphis would take the series to 7 games. But screw that, I'm predicting ZBO leading them to the 2nd round....

:clap::clap::clap:

Fnom11
04-17-2011, 11:07 PM
PF seems to be the most star studded position in the NBA atm, so I'd say no.

Hellcrooner
04-17-2011, 11:19 PM
lets see..........

in no order...... Pf better than him.

Pau, Griffin, Odom, Aldrige, Al Jefferson, Love, Boozer, Duncan, Dirk, Scola,Bosh, J Smith, Stoudamire, Bargnani, Kg.

so.....

NO ****ING WAY not even ****ING CLOSE

MrfadeawayJB
04-17-2011, 11:22 PM
lets see..........

Pau, Griffin, Odom, Aldrige, Al Jefferson, Love, Boozer, Duncan, Dirk, Scola,Bosh, J Smith, Stoudamire, Bargnani, Kg.

so.....

Your delusional dude...

odom = sf/pf
Love= did you not see z-bo make him look silly
Scola= seriously, are you crazy?
J Smith= highlight machine, not better than zach
Barnagni= ok, you are crazy!!!:facepalm:

Swashcuff
04-17-2011, 11:57 PM
lets see..........

so.....

I know you hate Randolph because in your opinion he stunts Gasol's growth (which I view as complete and utter rubbish) and is a ball hog and what not. But serious putting Scola and Bargnani ahead of Randolph. Hellcrooner this post makes you look like such a hater its not even funny.

Hellcrooner
04-18-2011, 12:04 AM
I know you hate Randolph because in your opinion he stunts Gasol's growth (which I view as complete and utter rubbish) and is a ball hog and what not. But serious putting Scola and Bargnani ahead of Randolph. Hellcrooner this post makes you look like such a hater its not even funny.

scola. better at team play can pass, score and DEFFEND.
Bargnani is better at OFFENSE , Passing and Team play-

MrfadeawayJB
04-18-2011, 12:08 AM

those are just aspects of a skill set, not making them better players...

i understand the euros love to play unselfish team basketball where the leading scorer typically has 12-15 pts...ok thats fine.

I want a guy like Z-Bo who has made strides in other areas such as passing, team play, (not so much def.), but can also TAKE OVER A GAME----those other two dont have that capability

Swashcuff
04-18-2011, 12:10 AM

Tell me when was the last time you saw Luis Scola play. Please tell me when was the last time you saw him play. He plays HORRBIBLE D. Luis Scola tries hard on D VERY hard. That doesn't make him a good defender Crooner.

Because a player is a better team player and can pass the ball means he is a better player? Especially at the PF spot. That holds such little merit in this discussion dude. We aren't talking about PG but rather PFs.

Bargs is better on what? A 7 foot shooting guard is better than Zach Randolph on offense? Could I have some hard evidence of this please because Zach has grown into one of the most efficient and consistent PF scorers in today's NBA. He has also shown the ability to single handidly take over a game on that end of the floor. Scola NOR Bargs has ever shown that.

You really subscribe to much to the Sabonis theory if you think that because a big man is a better passer that makes him a better player. They aren't even good passers. They are both ok. You really are going overboard with the nonsense Crooner. I know you are not going to be logical but you are better than that. Put the hate aside and be real.

Swashcuff
04-18-2011, 12:13 AM
those are just aspects of a skill set, not making them better players...

i understand the euros love to play unselfish team basketball where the leading scorer typically has 12-15 pts...ok thats fine.

I want a guy like Z-Bo who has made strides in other areas such as passing, team play, (not so much def.), but can also TAKE OVER A GAME----those other two dont have that capability

Exactly.

If he isn't on offensively at least he is still going to grab you big rebounds when its all said and done. Same can't be said about the other two.

While they'd lose I can understand some posters attempting to make a case for Odom, Smith but trying to make one for Scola and Bargs is foolish, simply foolish.

PrettyBoyJ
04-18-2011, 12:23 AM
he's not top 5 but he is under rated

Jewelz0376
04-18-2011, 12:36 AM
pau..stat...dirk...la...bosh are better

He's a good player tho and is actually playing better D than he used to...but he's not top 5...great player though I like watching him play..

Chi StateOfMind
04-18-2011, 12:38 AM
No but top 10 tho around 8

lilojmayo
04-18-2011, 01:01 AM
No but top 10 tho around 8

This. Z-bo great offensively, but defense is part of the game. Which is why you simply can't put him in Top 5.

I mean I have seen PGs perform layup lines on the Grizzlies this year. Especially in the pick and roll It is frustrating seeing 6'2-6'3 PG takign layups over big men with ease

Raph12
04-18-2011, 01:10 AM
1. Gasol
2. Dirk
3 Amare
4. Duncan
5. Aldridge
6. Garnett
7. Love
8-10. Bosh, ZBo & Griffin

raptors3589
04-18-2011, 01:21 AM
1. Dirk
2. Pau
3. Stat
4. Duncan
5. Bosh
6. Garnett
7. Aldridge
8. Z-Bo
9. Griffin/ Love

Cal827
04-18-2011, 01:28 AM
I would probably put him around where Bosh and others are is (like 6-8th region). As his numbers suggest, he's a great player on the inside, but what separates the top 5 from my list (Below) is the ability to be built around. Bosh and Randolph are great players on their own and are great 1B options, but for a team to succeed (Get past the second round and contend), they can't be the 1A option..:

1. Duncan
2. Garnett (He dragged a bunch of random T'wolves to two games within the NBA finals lol)
3. Dirk
4. Amar'e
5. Gasol
6. Bosh
7. Randolph
8. Boozer

TBD: Griffin, Love, Aldridge

thekmp211
04-18-2011, 01:46 AM
lets see..........

so.....

:speechless::speechless:

seriously? josh smith? andrea bargnani???!??!

he's somewhere in at the end of the top 10 with the rest of those guys. and thats no knock on him, pf is probably the most stacked position in the league. he's a beast, gotta get over his attitude problems from earlier in his career.

scola is better at "team play"? bargnani is better at "team play" and "offense"? how are you quantifying these things? i understand randolph is considered to be a punk, and takes shots away from marc (who i think is awesome and proved it today) but damn man thats just crazy talk. you cant watch him play and think he isnt an all-star player.