PDA

View Full Version : Align the stars

hotpotato1092
04-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Here's the deal, we know we're headed for a league of "super teams". The stars are gonna team up, so why not embrace it? If you were some sort of omnipotent NBA god who's single goal was creating the most interesting NBA possible, where would you place each star that is/will be up for grabs in the next 16 months (the time before the 2012 season, where this era will truly begin). I'm not just talking about the mega stars, I'm talking about the pseudo stars as well, so anyone who could be considered an all star or close to it is fair game. Here's where I'm sending them, some are realistic, some aren't:

Dwight Howard: Boston. I've been saying this since day one, I think the Perk trade was a prelude to this. Danny Ainge knew he wanted Dwight because as we all know, this team can't last forever, but he needed to open up the center spot, so he turned Perk into another asset that could help the team if they manage to get Dwight. Boston has a future core of Dwight, Rondo and Jeff Green.

Deron Williams: LA Clips. Blake needs a star point guard to reach his full potential. If he can do what he's doing now with Baron Davis/Mo Williams, just imagine what he can do with Deron Williams? My TV might explode from all of the dunks.

Chris Paul: LA Lakers. S&T for Andrew Bynum. They miss out on Dwight, but they get their star to carry them in the post Kobe years. CP3 becomes the next Laker star. He can carry this team while they reload after Kobe's retirement and Pau's decline.

Steve Nash: New York: Let's reunite D'antoni, Nash and Amare. Ideally, I'd like it to happen this summer with a Billups+ some other stuff swap so they get an extra year out of Nash, but if not I guess 2012 is ok. Just imagine how much fun to watch a team with Nash, Melo and Amare would be.

Danny Granger: Golden State. I'm totally on board with their all offense no defense thing. I want to see Ellis, Curry, Lee and Granger all on one team. And who knows, if Ekpe Udoh develops into the defender people thought he could be this team could be VERY interesting. The one caveat is that they have to bring back Don Nelson or get D'antoni from the Knicks, this team has no excuse not to run.

Zach Randolph: Sacramento/Anaheim. How entertaining would it be to see Zach Randolph mentor DeMarcus Cousins? It could literally go in a thousand different directions. Maybe Randolph ends up like the former drug addict parent who reforms for their children. Maybe they both end up in a Vegas jail the night after playing in Phoenix because they wanted to gamble but ended up getting into a fight with a dealer at the Palms. I'd pay money to see this. The possibilities are endless. And who knows, if they win the lottery this year and get Kyrie Irving, an Irving/'Reke/Cousins/Randolph nucleus is intriguing.

Brandon Roy: Denver. Here's the thing, there's like an 90% chance he's never the same, but I'm gonna roll with the 10% chance that he comes back. I LOVE watching this Denver team, especially as a Knicks fan who appreciates his former players. But the fact of the matter is, they need a closer, not someone like Melo, more of a creator type. Stick a healthy Brandon Roy on this Denver team and they can contend.

Kevin Love: Washington. First of all, I really like the young duo of John Wall and Kevin Love, they could make some real noise. Second of all, Kevin Love, Andray Blatche and Javale McGee might be the first set of teammates to grab literally every single rebound in a game in NBA history, and I for one am excited about that. If they grabbed Harrison Barnes in the draft this year, this team has a deadly future.

Greg Oden: Phoenix. Let's get this guy to a training staff who might actually be able to keep him healthy. It's a long shot, but I don't know why Phoenix wouldn't try it, their medical team has worked miracles before after all, and a risk like this could pay off big time.

LaMarcus Aldridge: Philly. This creates an almost '04 Pistons type team, not as tenacious defensively, but a group of guys who aren't quite stars but are all very good players. If Evan Turner turns into a solid starter this could be a very fun team with Jrue Holliday as Chauncey, Turner as Rip, Iggy as a better Tayshaun, LaMarcus as Rasheed, and player to be named later as Ben Wallace. Btw I'm sticking Darko on this team too, deal with it.

Jameer Nelson: Atlanta Despite their best efforts, Atlanta remains possibly the most irrelevant team in the league. It makes no sense, they have two all stars and a third guy (Josh Smith) who's really entertaining. If you've ever seen Onion Sports Dome, in one episode you can see on the ticker "Nation goes three months without thinking of Atlanta Hawks". I think they just need a competent point guard to put it all together. I'd love to see what this team could do with Jameer.

These next few guys aren't stars or even close, but I'm moving them anyway because it makes the league more interesting, it's basically to fill a few holes for contenders:

OJ Mayo: Chicago. Let's give the Bulls their shooting guard, a guy who can fit into their defensive system and also hit some shots for them.

Marcus Camby: New York. The Knicks need a defensive center, let's give them one.

Jason Kidd: Miami. A vet point guard looking for one last shot at a ring, he's not the player he once was, but I think he'd be better than Bibby or Chalmers.

Jimmer Fredette: Utah. Come on, this one was a given.

I've also decided that we're keeping the Kings in Sacramento and moving the Grizzlies to Seattle. Yes I do have that kind of power. And Charlotte, watch out, because I'm considering sending you to Vegas.

Anyway, this is the most interesting NBA I could come up with. Half of the teams suck, but I would watch literally every minute of the playoffs. There are eight to ten amazing teams, a few really nice young teams, a Golden State team that might average 150 points per game, and a Sacramento team that could honestly have a reality show. Anyway, how are you all aligning the currently available (or even unavailable) players to make the most interesting NBA possible?

Chacarron
04-17-2011, 12:45 PM
I don't want Paul, I want Howard.

tredigs
04-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Annnnd back to reality.

Young and Stupid
04-17-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm too lazy to fulfill the requirements of the thread, but I'll say this: Dwight Howard will be a member of the Brooklyn Nets before they open up Barclays Center. I sincerely believe that.

Knicks fans will bash me, but we'll see what happens.

koreancabbage
04-17-2011, 01:31 PM
I don't want Paul, I want Howard.

me too, and you never trade big for small. Big for big. Howard for Bynum + filler (picks, please take Fisher with you, etc) unless you trading Odom and Shannon Brown for Paul.

Though i do like Paul as well. Wonder if Laker could somehow get both

Howard
Pau
n/a
Kobe (retiring as a laker for sure).
Paul

trade assets: shannon brown, artest, barnes, odom, fisher, bynum

i think its possible. Both Odom and Bynum are great pieces to add for any team.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-17-2011, 04:08 PM
I like the Howard to Boston. I think Love goes to OKC(said this summer he would love to play there)

hotpotato1092
04-17-2011, 04:18 PM
I don't see Love to OKC. I think they're set with their nucleus, and they're a small market team, it's gonna be hard for them to pay their two max guys, let alone a third. I think they're happy with a front court of Ibaka and Perkins (I know I would be).

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-17-2011, 04:29 PM
I don't see Love to OKC. I think they're set with their nucleus, and they're a small market team, it's gonna be hard for them to pay their two max guys, let alone a third. I think they're happy with a front court of Ibaka and Perkins (I know I would be).

When he was asked though if he wanted to be in a big 3 with anyone he replied that he would want to be with Westbrook and Durant.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-17-2011, 04:30 PM
me too, and you never trade big for small. Big for big. Howard for Bynum + filler (picks, please take Fisher with you, etc) unless you trading Odom and Shannon Brown for Paul.

Though i do like Paul as well. Wonder if Laker could somehow get both

Howard
Pau
n/a
Kobe (retiring as a laker for sure).
Paul

trade assets: shannon brown, artest, barnes, odom, fisher, bynum

i think its possible. Both Odom and Bynum are great pieces to add for any team.

Fisher, Barnes and Artest won't get you that much in a trade.

poleandreel
04-17-2011, 04:32 PM
i would rather have ibaka than love.

defense>offense and we already have enough offense

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Someones gonna want to come to Chi Town to team up with Rose after what he's shown this season.

gotoHcarolina52
04-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Give me Howard for Bosh and sign Nash to the MLE. Haslem, when healthy, can play the 4.

Howard
Haslem
James
Wade
Nash

That would be nasty but it would ruin the league. I would like to see Dwight either stay in Orlando or team up with CP3 or DWilliams.

hgtiger32
04-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Someones gonna want to come to Chi Town to team up with Rose after what he's shown this season.

such as whom?

they have noah and boozer as their bigs so i doubt theyd go after howard. who else would be a free agent that they'd go after for the 2 or 3 spot

hotpotato1092
04-17-2011, 05:19 PM
I see no chance Dwight is at all interested in going to Miami, he's been against them all year and even if he was willing to be a #2 option, which I doubt, there's no way he'd go somewhere to be #3. And why would Orlando do it? Miami has zero leverage. Unlike last year, they CAN'T sign him outright, so Orlando has no reason to participate in a sign and trade with them.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-17-2011, 05:22 PM
such as whom?

they have noah and boozer as their bigs so i doubt theyd go after howard. who else would be a free agent that they'd go after for the 2 or 3 spot

Howard would be the ideal option if we're talking about creating super teams. You can always do a S&T if Howard would really want to come here.

DaBear
04-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Give me Howard for Bosh and sign Nash to the MLE. Haslem, when healthy, can play the 4.

Howard
Haslem
James
Wade
Nash

That would be nasty but it would ruin the league. I would like to see Dwight either stay in Orlando or team up with CP3 or DWilliams.

:facepalm:

hotpotato1092
04-17-2011, 05:27 PM
I don't think any stars are going to Chicago, there's simply no need. They have their nucleus going forward, why tamper with it? Once they get an SG their starting five for the next few years will be set. And even if they wanted to, Orlando wouldn't do a sign and trade with them. Similar to what I said about Miami, the Bulls would simply have no leverage. They can't sign a max guy outright, so Orlando would say "we're not handing them the next five rings, you aren't going there".

gotoHcarolina52
04-17-2011, 05:41 PM
:facepalm:

:silly:

Sportfan
04-17-2011, 05:46 PM
lol at lakers fan chalking up Paul Kobe Pau Dwight for their 2012 team already

Master Mind
04-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Howard to NJ, book it...

topdog
04-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Is being able to wear a fluffy mink coat enough to get Howard to Minny? lol I'd love to see Howard and Love on the same team. If you could play AR at the 3 as well that would be suuuu-weeeet!

...yeah, I know "superteams"...

goose15
04-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Dwight Howard to the Bucks.

Master Mind
04-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Portland should give their left nut for CP3...Seems like a glove in hand fit. CP to LA on the pick and roll/pop all day...

Cubs Win
04-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Howard would be the ideal option if we're talking about creating super teams. You can always do a S&T if Howard would really want to come here.

Howard in the paint with Thibs' defensive system. :drool:

Redbull
04-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Howard to the Bulls would be insane, you could put a package around Noah. If you put the best PG and C on the same team they would be unstoppable.

Master Mind
04-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Howard to the Bulls would be insane, you could put a package around Noah. If you put the best PG and C on the same team they would be unstoppable.

Just curious, what package would you put together to lure the Magic into trading the best big man and top 5 player in the league?

Sixerlover
04-17-2011, 07:05 PM
I'll take Aldridge and Marc Gasol thank you kindly.

Jrue Holiday
Evan Turner
Andre Iguodala
LaMarcus Aldridge
Marc Gasol

isn't a superstar team, but it's very Detroit like. 5 guys who could go for 20+ a night (If E.T progresses correctly)...

OR

I'll take Dwight :D

Redbull
04-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Just curious, what package would you put together to lure the Magic into trading the best big man and top 5 player in the league?

Not really sure probably something like Joakim Noah, Taj Gison/Omer Asik either one and 4-5 first round draft picks. If Dwight comes out and says he will not resign with Orlando i'm pretty sure they will try and get some young talent in return.

Master Mind
04-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Not really sure probably something like Joakim Noah, Taj Gison/Omer Asik either one and 4-5 first round draft picks. If Dwight comes out and says he will not resign with Orlando i'm pretty sure they will try and get some young talent in return.

Probably not enough but I think LA or Portland could put the best package together. LA can offer both Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum plus picks and Portland can offer Lamarcus Aldridge, Greg Oden and Brandon Roy plus picks then Portland can turnaround and sign CP3..Those look more enticing.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-17-2011, 07:35 PM

Howard
Haslem
James
Wade
Nash

You know each team can only have on MLE player and the Heat already have one in Miller.

Sixerlover
04-17-2011, 07:48 PM
You know each team can only have on MLE player and the Heat already have one in Miller.

Only one MLE a year, not one on your team. You can get a different MLE player every year.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Only one MLE a year, not one on your team. You can get a different MLE player every year.

I must of heard it differently.

Law25
04-17-2011, 08:07 PM
LaMarcus Aldridge in Philly nasty.All they would need is an shot blocker. Like Dalembert. lol

Baller1
04-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Dwight to OKC would be unfair.

Saad
04-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Creative Title bro

Master Mind
04-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Creative Title bro

Agreed

unleashthebeast
04-17-2011, 08:24 PM

and mike miller isnt a mid level player anyway. we didnt get an MLE last year because we were under the cap, remember the big 3 signed for less so we could afford UD and miller and still be under the cap. then everyone else signed to vet min contracts

DreamShake
04-18-2011, 03:25 AM
Dwight Howard on the Rockets would be amazing. Now time to go back to reality :(