PDA

View Full Version : Looking back, Lamarcus Aldridge vs Kevin Love

EaglePride615
04-16-2011, 11:57 PM
looking back now that its playoff time who do you guys think should have made the all star game, even better who do you think is the better player? aldridge can create his own shot im not sold on love.

overall who do you build your team around?

Cano4prez
04-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Aldridge without a doubt

Master Mind
04-17-2011, 12:05 AM
la

Doogolas
04-17-2011, 12:12 AM
Love is better than LA. He deserved the ASG more than LA.

DwayneMVPwade
04-17-2011, 12:17 AM
Aldridge's team is in the playoffs and Brandon Roy was out the majority of the season and since coming back is not the same Brandon Roy, Kevin Love's team had the worst record in the NBA. Nuff said.

HOWEVER, for a espn fantasy basketball league I would choose Kevin Love

EaglePride615
04-17-2011, 12:20 AM
i said to build a team around though...

Master Mind
04-17-2011, 12:21 AM
Love is better than LA. He deserved the ASG more than LA.

No.

Jewelz0376
04-17-2011, 12:22 AM
Give me LA...better scorer and defender

John Walls Era
04-17-2011, 12:25 AM
I like Aldridge cuz of potential. Similar to a Chris Bosh type player but can use the hook. Needs to improve his rebounding. Love however is no slouch, just brings a different aspect

goose15
04-17-2011, 12:25 AM
Big Kev

thekmp211
04-17-2011, 12:27 AM
if you're starting from scratch, it's probably aldridge. if you have some pieces in place, i'll take love. both great players.

loves game absolutely leads to winning, its just hard to gauge how much because his teammates are so, so, SO bad.

Jewelz0376
04-17-2011, 12:31 AM
if you're starting from scratch, it's probably aldridge. if you have some pieces in place, i'll take love. both great players.

loves game absolutely leads to winning, its just hard to gauge how much because his teammates are so, so, SO bad.

Hmmm... his defense doesnt lead to wins

THE MTL
04-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Kevin Love stats are EMPTY! 20-15.5 rpg....and ur team is the WORST in the league!!!!! Thats crazy! Now, I know basketball is a team sport, but seriously John Wall, Andrea Bargnani, and Brook Lopez......teams that have LESS talent...manage to win 8-10 games more than ur team. Thats says something.

MrfadeawayJB
04-17-2011, 12:33 AM
I would take Aldridge, but looking back at the allstar votes Zach Randolph def. should have been in the discussion as well

hgtiger32
04-17-2011, 12:35 AM
at the time i said LA shoulda been an all star instead of Love and I stick by my opinion at the time

goblazers7
04-17-2011, 12:36 AM
His teammates aren't bad. Luke Ridnour, (Darko), Michael Beasley, Wesley Johnson, and Martell Webster are all solid role players. If love would've been more of a leader and got his team into himself then I'd go with him.

Sadly, LA has been our savior. He's my pick. LA is a leader, and a go to guy on a WINNING TEAM. If he would've lost 57+ times he would've had better stats.

Alridge could drop 40 on anyone and at any time. But he realized he cant win by himself so he let's other guys get in rhythem. Winning > Player with great stats

Aldridge is a leader, and that is why I'd want to build around him.

NokomisLiving
04-17-2011, 12:39 AM
looking back now that its playoff time who do you guys think should have made the all star game, even better who do you think is the better player? aldridge can create his own shot im not sold on love.

Love can shoot the 3, rebound better, shoot better from the stripe, have a 31/31 game(1st since 82'), 64 double doubles to LA's 36...53 of which were consecutive having the longest streak since the NBA ABA merger(76'), 11 20/20 games, responsible for 11 of the 16 games where someone has grabbed 15 boards and also hit 3 3's.... list keeps going and I'm sure hawk's would like to share his advanced stats.

Anyways, Aldridge is good and I really like him. Love has a bad team and suspect defense keeping him down. Really both are great players and I always hate these Klove vs whoever threads cause it just leads to bashing.:(

NokomisLiving
04-17-2011, 12:51 AM
his teammates aren't bad. Luke Ridnour, (Darko), Michael Beasley, Wesley Johnson, and Martell Webster are all solid role players. If love would've been more of a leader and got his team into himself then I'd go with him.

Sadly, LA has been our savior. He's my pick. LA is a leader, and a go to guy on a WINNING TEAM. If he would've lost 57+ times he would've had better stats.

Alridge could drop 40 on anyone and at any time. But he realized he cant win by himself so he let's other guys get in rhythem. Winning > Player with great stats

Our team this year statistically is similar to our 2009 team that featured players such as Damien Wilkins, Ryan Hollins, Brian Cardinal, Ryan Gomes, Sasha Pavlovic, Alexi Pecherov, and Corey Brewer. Potential is nothing if you don't use it.:facepalm:

Dnovakovic099
04-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Put love on Portland and they get even better. IMO but I could be wrong

Hawkeye15
04-17-2011, 01:11 AM
You don't leave a 20-15-40-80 guy off the all star team. Ever. I am sure Love would LOVE to have Andre Miller, Matthews, Batum, Camby, Roy, Fernandez, Wallace, etc, over Flynn, Beasley, Darko, and the rest of the crap the Wolves have....

You can't leave a statistical season like Love's off the all star team. Honestly, LaMarcus should have made it over Duncan, but that's the way it goes.

Hawkeye15
04-17-2011, 01:13 AM
His teammates aren't bad. Luke Ridnour, (Darko), Michael Beasley, Wesley Johnson, and Martell Webster are all solid role players. If love would've been more of a leader and got his team into himself then I'd go with him.

I hate to tear apart my own team, but you couldn't be more wrong here. The Wolves have one legit starter. Love. They have a ton of guys who would be sweet bench players. Nothing more. The Blazers roster is STACKED compared to the Wolves supporting cast for their one actual starting player

Fnom11
04-17-2011, 01:14 AM
I'd take LA or Bosh, Boozer, Love, Stoudmire, Griffen(he's not even good) and anyone worse than them. Id take Dirk Gasol and KG over him and that's about it. The guys legit on all aspects of the game

John Walls Era
04-17-2011, 01:21 AM
I'd take LA or Bosh, Boozer, Love, Stoudmire, Griffen(he's not even good) and anyone worse than them. Id take Dirk Gasol and KG over him and that's about it. The guys legit on all aspects of the game

Id put Bosh over LA for the sole reason that Bosh has done what LA had done, exception is that his teams talent was never as good and Bosh's stats were even better as the no. 1 option

Lake_Show2416
04-17-2011, 01:22 AM
They both should have been an All Star & Blake should have been left out

Fnom11
04-17-2011, 01:27 AM
Id put Bosh over LA for the sole reason that Bosh has done what LA had done, exception is that his teams talent was never as good and Bosh's stats were even better as the no. 1 option

I mean I like Bosh but I think LA is a bit more complete.

They both lack rebounding, but are good shooters, decent D(LAs is better), good around the rim. But LA can play with his back to the basic and has a way better hook game.

John Walls Era
04-17-2011, 02:14 AM
Bosh is a better rebounder. Bosh doesnt need a post game because hes effective with his face to the basket. Bosh might be a bit quicker

Deception
04-17-2011, 02:30 AM
They both should have been an All Star & Blake should have been left out

Blake's purpose during the game was just for highlights, I woulda took LA over him as of this season

M.Bibby2.0
04-17-2011, 02:42 AM
I don't watch much Timberwolves basketball, so I'll ask how many double teams does k-love draw? LA can create his own shots and demands defensive attention, and that helps his team mates.
20-15 is nice, but this is team ended up with the worst record in the NBA, worse than the Cavs! (no offense fans) I think that speaks volumes about the impact each player has on the floor.

Fnom11
04-17-2011, 03:05 AM
Bosh is a better rebounder. Bosh doesnt need a post game because hes effective with his face to the basket. Bosh might be a bit quicker

Yeah that's true, but to me LA seems to be the more complete player.

theheatles
04-17-2011, 05:12 AM
yes yes LaMarcus, in 1 yr he went from like 28th to 12th best player in the league imo

Minimal
04-17-2011, 08:12 AM
Dude puts sick numbers but makes completely no difference, so what's the point then?
LA is a much better player.

nycericanguy
04-17-2011, 09:03 AM
Kevin Love stats are EMPTY! 20-15.5 rpg....and ur team is the WORST in the league!!!!! Thats crazy! Now, I know basketball is a team sport, but seriously John Wall, Andrea Bargnani, and Brook Lopez......teams that have LESS talent...manage to win 8-10 games more than ur team. Thats says something.

Agreed, people bashed David Lee when he put up 20ppg 12rpg & 4apg because his team wasn't winning, but even those Knicks won 30-35 games.

Love "led" his team to the worst record in the NBA, and have as many wins as Lee did. I mean David Lee and NY had some really good wins last year, say what you want about them.

I just think if he were really that good he's at least win 30-40 games. Some people on here have been ranking Love even ahead of Amare but I can guarantee you if you put Amare on MIN they win alot more than 17 games... no he won't get 15rpg but he's win more games.

nycericanguy
04-17-2011, 09:08 AM
I think Love is a great rebounder and a great outside shooter, but he's not a great player yet. Maybe he will be, but not yet. A great player isn't "leading" his team to 17 wins unless they have some huge injury issues which he did not.

LA has stepped his game up, he's now the clear #1 guy on a playoff team that won 45 games.

jzero
04-17-2011, 09:11 AM

what have you to support he can score 40 on anyone and at anytime?
im not saying i think love is the better player but id like to see some objectiveness in your argument based on solid facts and not some misconceptions

PrettyBoyJ
04-17-2011, 09:15 AM
I think ppl look at Kevin Love's numbers and are just in awe.. But really he's basically David Lee on last years Knicks team.. LA is a better player and has more in his arsenal

KnicksorBust
04-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Kevin Love's team had the worst record because they have the worst players in the league. By far. His stats are not hollow like Lee or Monta Ellis the previous season.

101flyboy
04-17-2011, 09:38 AM
LMA all the way.

cwilson21
04-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Sorry but you don't put up "hollow" numbers like Love did and be one of the most efficient players in the NBA. That's a total contradiction. Look up advanced stats people. He was among the top in the NBA for WS/48 for crying out loud.

EaglePride615
04-17-2011, 12:23 PM
so you people are saying that to build a team around you would pick love over aldridge? you people are smoking something thats crazy. sure he can get rebounds, great, thats wonderful. im guessing he gets a lot of his points off put backs and not going 1 on 1 with a guy and giving him the business. hes a great rebounder the best in the league. does that make him an all star? going by your logic ron artest should be in the all star game because hes the best defender in the league right? because their both the best of something right?

bigsams50
04-17-2011, 12:28 PM
^ Umm, Ron Artest isn't the best defender in the league

hotpotato1092
04-17-2011, 12:45 PM
It's very tough, but I went with Aldridge, he plays better D and has more of a midrange game. Still, Kevin Love has the 3 and is a better rebounder. It's a very close call but I went Aldridge.

goblazers7
04-17-2011, 12:47 PM
what have you to support he can score 40 on anyone and at anytime?
im not saying i think love is the better player but id like to see some objectiveness in your argument based on solid facts and not some misconceptions

My facts are watching him play 60+ games a year.

mttwlsn16
04-17-2011, 02:30 PM
No.

good argument

LMAOrcus aldridge didnt deserve ****.
Love was an allstar and rightly so

EaglePride615
04-17-2011, 02:44 PM
^ Umm, Ron Artest isn't the best defender in the league

hes certainly one of them. and if hes not the best who is?

bigsams50
04-17-2011, 04:42 PM
hes certainly one of them. and if hes not the best who is?

Dwight Howard and KG are both better imo

IndiansFan337
04-17-2011, 04:54 PM

Love got the spot for having the better 1H of the season. A strong 2H for LA and an injury to Love does not change that.

The Jokemaker
04-17-2011, 04:56 PM
I would take Aldridge, but looking back at the allstar votes Zach Randolph def. should have been in the discussion as well

Yeah he's the true snub. Talk about never getting respect.

Daze9900
04-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Aldridge's team is in the playoffs and Brandon Roy was out the majority of the season and since coming back is not the same Brandon Roy, Kevin Love's team had the worst record in the NBA. Nuff said.

HOWEVER, for a espn fantasy basketball league I would choose Kevin Love

Umm Aldridge's team had a veteran point guard and coach which plays a huge role in a playoff team. The Wolves are horrible but lets not insist that Love has something to do with that. I'd take love over Aldridge any day of the week. IMO Aldridge is soft even.

EaglePride615
04-19-2011, 08:30 PM
to me kevin love just cant create his own shot. hes not one of those guys you can just throw the ball down to in the post and say go score 20.