PDA

View Full Version : Best point guard around the rim in NBA history?

nolafan33
04-16-2011, 11:15 PM
Title says it all, who is the best point guard in NBA history finishing at the rim?

nitric
04-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Cp3

Chacarron
04-16-2011, 11:29 PM
Rose.

Master Mind
04-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Really?

bears88
04-16-2011, 11:33 PM
lol

kjoke
04-16-2011, 11:34 PM
what do expect Master Mind with this Rose craze going on right now? every question being asked in these forums all indirectly deal with rose and where he fits in the "all-time" spectrum.

WHODAT8o8
04-16-2011, 11:37 PM
Another "praise rose" thread

*Silver&Black*
04-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Muggsy. lol.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-16-2011, 11:38 PM
lol. Heat fans are...Mad?

Now you all know how the rest of us felt during the "Big 3 craze" all of last summer.

bears88
04-16-2011, 11:40 PM
whats this has to do With Rose, why do people bring up Derrick Rose to a thread that didn't even mention his name am sure there are plenty of PG out there and in history that are good at finishing around the rim I really don't understand this at all I mean how do you know if he is talking about Rose did the OP mention his name NO so why bring him up.

Hellcrooner
04-16-2011, 11:42 PM

for gods sake.

Learn some history.

Magic johnson played the last game of the finals ( wich he won the mvp and the ring) against the sixers playing CENTER.

End of the thread.

Chacarron
04-16-2011, 11:42 PM
I said Rose because I thought the question was for current players only. I wasn't trying to start anything.

nolafan33
04-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Another "praise rose" thread

Why would a Hornets fan create a "praise rose" thread?

Don't you think if I wanted to praise Rose I would have asked who's been the best finisher around the rim this season, and not history? Rose doesn't even deserve a spot, he hasn't been around long enough.

KingPosey
04-16-2011, 11:45 PM
gee, chicago played today, I wonder why this thread was made......

goose15
04-16-2011, 11:46 PM
its say NBA history, Rose isnt the best all-time at anything.

Isiah Thomas for me.

kjoke
04-16-2011, 11:46 PM
First of all, this thread wasn't even made by a Bulls fan. A Heat fan came in here and brought up Rose and how every thread relates to him in some way. It's funny how they're getting frustrated now and in the summer they never hesitated to throw all those "big 3 this, big 3 that" threads at us.

Karma is a *****.

I brought up rose because the two people who posted said rose, so my post was justified. Your's taking jabs at Heat fans, is not.

bears88
04-16-2011, 11:47 PM
First of all, this thread wasn't even made by a Bulls fan. A Heat fan came in here and brought up Rose and how every thread relates to him in some way. It's funny how they're getting frustrated now and in the summer they never hesitated to throw all those "big 3 this, big 3 that" threads at us.

Karma is a *****.

if i was you I would just ignore him.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-16-2011, 11:47 PM
Why would a Hornets fan create a "praise rose" thread?

Because apparently everyone who starts a thread on here indirectly related to Rose, is a Rose homer waiting to get sucked off by him.

bears88
04-16-2011, 11:48 PM
I brought up rose because the two people who posted said rose, so my post was justified. Your's taking jabs at Heat fans, is not.

probably there were just joking around, and if not just ignore them.

Cubsfan365
04-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Wait a second. A Hornets fan who has CP3 in his avatar creates this thread and people all think it's made by someone to put Rose amongst the all-time greats? I find it comical that the OP clearly wasn't thinking about Rose when he made this thread, so everyone who has hated on him so far must have thought of Rose as the answer ti the thread. :laugh:

bears88
04-16-2011, 11:50 PM

Isiah Thomas for me.

to me Magic Johnson greater then Isiah Thomas. End of thread.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-16-2011, 11:50 PM

There was only person who posted before you that said Rose, and he's a Lakers fan. You don't have to spew your obvious hate for a player and a fanbase by making up ****.

Chacarron
04-16-2011, 11:52 PM
There was only person who posted before you that said Rose, and he's a Lakers fan. You don't have to spew your obvious hate for a player and a fanbase by making up ****.

I didn't mean to start anything. I honestly thought it was for current players. An actual response to the question is Magic Johnson.

Cubsfan365
gee, chicago played today, I wonder why this thread was made......
OP already said it had nothing to do with Rose. He has NOLA in his name and CP3 as his avatar. Are you guys serious right now? With Rose getting this much hate in the NBA forum over a thread not about him, you know he's doing something right on the court.

dtmagnet
The NBA forum is getting bad with this constant bickering. I pick Magic Johnson.

kjoke
04-16-2011, 11:53 PM

My bad, I thought there was two, that being said: would i be hating if i feel that Isaiah Thomas was the best?

bears88
04-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Magic Johnson for me I have always been a big fan of Magic Johnson.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-16-2011, 11:59 PM
My bad, I thought there was two, that being said: would i be hating if i feel that Isaiah Thomas was the best?

If you're a 40 year old and watched Magic and Isiah during their glory days, then thats your opinion. I'm 26 I never saw them play, so I can't compare guys from that era to this.

PhillyFaninLA
04-17-2011, 12:00 AM
Magic and I'm not sure who would close to this.

PhillyFaninLA
04-17-2011, 12:01 AM

Isiah Thomas for me.

How the greatest Bulls point guard with a last name that is also a flower of all time?

Master Mind
04-17-2011, 12:02 AM
what do expect Master Mind with this Rose craze going on right now? every question being asked in these forums all indirectly deal with rose and where he fits in the "all-time" spectrum.

I see. And I'm not knocking Rose or anything, we know he's the obvious answer. But seriously, come on with all the ball licking. And for the Bulls fan who said something about the big 3 craze, it didn't reach this point. If anything the hate for the big 3 or more so Lebron did. And if I can remember correctly people were saying we wouldn't end up with any of them them during the free agency period but whatever. I like Rose and all but geesh

Hustlenomics
04-17-2011, 12:02 AM
Monta Ellis, Derrick Rose, and Mike James

SANDBURG23
04-17-2011, 12:04 AM

for gods sake.

Learn some history.

Magic johnson played the last game of the finals ( wich he won the mvp and the ring) against the sixers playing CENTER.

End of the thread.

Actually he played Pg,Sg,Sf,Pf & C during that Finals. Learn Some History.

bears88
04-17-2011, 12:05 AM
I see. And I'm not knocking Rose or anything, we know he's the obvious answer. But seriously, come on with all the ball licking. And for the Bulls fan who said something about the big 3 craze, it didn't reach this point. If anything the hate for the big 3 or more so Lebron did. And if I can remember correctly people were saying we wouldn't end up with any of them them during the free agency period but whatever. I like Rose and all but geesh

And how do you know that this thread is directed at Rose the original poster has said in the history of the NBA.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-17-2011, 12:06 AM

You must have short-term memory :laugh2:

Because I remember coming in here everyday last summer seeing a new "Will the Heat break ______ record" thread.

SANDBURG23
04-17-2011, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE=Hustlenomics;17528105]Monta Ellis, Derrick Rose, and Mike James[/QUOT

Really the best in history. The question is best PG around the rim in history. No one mentions Iverson, Gary Peyton or Tim Hardaway.

Master Mind
04-17-2011, 12:07 AM
And how do you know that this thread is directed at Rose the original poster has said in the history of the NBA.

Indirectly.

PhillyFaninLA
04-17-2011, 12:08 AM

What I've learned in the past few days is that 99% of the posters on this site, read either only portion of a title or portion of someone's post and ignore counter arguments. That is where this idea is rooted.

bears88
04-17-2011, 12:09 AM
I hope this thread is going to get closed and it will because all this is doing is causing a flame war between each other. That's why am not really going back and fourth because I dont want to get an infraction.

PhillyFaninLA
04-17-2011, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=Hustlenomics;17528105]Monta Ellis, Derrick Rose, and Mike James[/QUOT

Really the best in history. The question is best PG around the rim in history. No one mentions Iverson, Gary Peyton or Tim Hardaway.

Iverson was a shooting guard most of his career and would occasionally take the ball up. I'd say 75% of his career he was a shooting guard.

Master Mind
04-17-2011, 12:10 AM
You must have short-term memory :laugh2:

Because I remember coming in here everyday last summer seeing a new "Will the Heat break ______ record" thread.

Mainly by other posters. The real Heat posters who have been here well before the assemblance of the big three sure as heck didn't make a thread.

More-Than-Most
04-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Steve Nash

Keep the PG threads coming.

bears88
04-17-2011, 12:13 AM
What I've learned in the past few days is that 99% of the posters on this site, read either only portion of a title or portion of someone's post and ignore counter arguments. That is where this idea is rooted.

well the OP didn't mention Rose and some none bulls fan jokingly said Rose and look whats happening right now a flame war. I don't understand why people think this thread is about Rose. Is because a thread title contains A PG doesn't mean it has to do with Rose. The OP might be talking about any PG not one specific one like many mentioned Rose in a way that's not fair.

PhillyFaninLA
04-17-2011, 12:15 AM
well the OP didn't mention Rose and some none bulls fan jokingly said Rose and look whats happening right now a flame war. I don't understand why people think this thread is about Rose. Is because a thread title contains A PG doesn't mean it has to do with Rose. The OP might be talking about any PG not one specific one like many mentioned Rose in a way that's not fair.

This is kind of my point....a month ago it was not this bad...not sure why this board had such a quick change.

goose15
04-17-2011, 12:16 AM
How the greatest Bulls point guard with a last name that is also a flower of all time?

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

bears88
04-17-2011, 12:17 AM
This is kind of my point....a month ago it was not this bad...not sure why this board had such a quick change.

IMO this is really sad becasue people are quick to react.

PhillyFaninLA
04-17-2011, 12:18 AM
:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Now that's funny.

John Walls Era
04-17-2011, 12:19 AM
Magic then Zeke.

210Don
04-17-2011, 12:21 AM
tony parker never misses around the rim dude shoots 50% is a 6'2 pg

Spiggity_ace
04-17-2011, 12:24 AM
allen iverson

Kannon81
04-17-2011, 12:26 AM
So my asking to keep these best pg threads out of here cause they lead to a lot of heat gets closed, but this and other pg threads stay open and lead to infractions. LAME!!!!

Hellcrooner
04-17-2011, 12:27 AM
Actually he played Pg,Sg,Sf,Pf & C during that Finals. Learn Some History.

on the final game wich is what i said if you read carefully he played center.

KingPosey
04-17-2011, 12:46 AM
OP already said it had nothing to do with Rose. He has NOLA in his name and CP3 as his avatar. Are you guys serious right now? With Rose getting this much hate in the NBA forum over a thread not about him, you know he's doing something right on the court.

That was the entire discussion between the commentators today. And I can count off the top of my head 6 threads in the last month where the OP starts a thread, doesnt bring up Rose by name, bbut he is the exact reason the thread is made. i dont give a **** what his avatar is. I know PSD, and its the same every time.

SteveNash
04-17-2011, 12:47 AM
Steve Nash easily.

Jewelz0376
04-17-2011, 12:52 AM
That was the entire discussion between the commentators today. And I can count off the top of my head 6 threads in the last month where the OP starts a thread, doesnt bring up Rose by name, bbut he is the exact reason the thread is made. i dont give a **** what his avatar is. I know PSD, and its the same every time.

This

It's not a coincidence that this thread is made the day Rose has 39 on pretty much all ft's and/or attacking the rim...

naps
04-17-2011, 12:52 AM
Derrick Rose because he is God himself.

AIRMAR72
04-17-2011, 12:55 AM
my picks would zeke thomas and rod strickland deft at spinning the off the glass at any angle in the paint younger steve nash, chris paul and drew holiday who show some flash that he knows how to play the ball off the glass with da rite touch

Dnovakovic099
04-17-2011, 12:59 AM

I did not know that. That is really impressive! BUT Derrick Rose can play center and pg at the same time!!!! Just kidding but yea magic is a beast. I never actually watched him play but if he played a whole finals game as a center then I don't see how anyone can even compeat with him

Raps18-19 Champ
04-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Allen Iverson seems like a decent choice here.

Fnom11
04-17-2011, 01:15 AM
How can it not be Magic Johnson? That guy literally did everything

stlbest5in2013
04-17-2011, 02:58 AM
that was the gayes.t post of all time go home. maybe drose is waiting to suck you off. all of you guys think rose is jesus, and it pisses everybody else off

all you knick fans think you are contenders, and it pisses everyone off, go home and toss dantoni's salad, *****!

jkcronyn
04-17-2011, 03:13 AM
HAHAHAHAH this is where all the fans of teams with stars have come to ball.

new york fans yell at chicago, la fans act humble and miami fans just yell.

PSD fans are RIDICULOUS hahahahhah for anyone whos not a fan of those teams isn't this hilarious on the daily?

Sadds The Gr8
04-17-2011, 03:14 AM
:facepalm: @ this thread

MelkyNYY
04-17-2011, 03:16 AM
HAHAHAHAH this is where all the fans of teams with stars have come to ball.

new york fans yell at chicago, la fans act humble and miami fans just yell.

PSD fans are RIDICULOUS hahahahhah for anyone whos not a fan of those teams isn't this hilarious on the daily?

I'm not a fan of a big market team and it was kind of funny at first, but it's unbearable now. Every single thread is about how awesome Derrick Rose is. It's like someone turned the NBA forum into PSD's official Derrick Rose forum.

The NBA forum averages more Rose threads a night than D-Rose averages turnovers and that's saying something.

Hellcrooner
04-17-2011, 03:21 AM
I did not know that. That is really impressive! BUT Derrick Rose can play center and pg at the same time!!!! Just kidding but yea magic is a beast. I never actually watched him play but if he played a whole finals game as a center then I don't see how anyone can even compeat with him

Not only that.

his last season ( his mid 90s comeback he played sf and mainly PF)
the whole season.

in his hay day in mid 80s you could easily see him either deffending or attacking bird and parish in the post.

Its a simple as this thread has 0 sense.

wic is the best point guard around the rim?

the ONLY EVER 6.9 Point guard in leage history.

chonbon
04-17-2011, 03:50 AM
gary payton

Purple&Gold24
04-17-2011, 04:08 AM
Gotta be Rose, then CP3.

Purple&Gold24
04-17-2011, 04:09 AM
But lets not forget D.Fish during the playoffs what he did to the celtics :rolleyes:

Raph12
04-17-2011, 04:21 AM
Iverson

heyman321
04-17-2011, 04:25 AM
But lets not forget D.Fish during the playoffs what he did to the celtics :rolleyes:

oh my god that is literally the ugliest looking iron man ever. It should never be in purple.

PrestigeWldWde
04-17-2011, 04:27 AM

I'm a die hard Bulls fan through and through, but I totally agree with you. As soon as I read the title I knew it was just another person who wanted to hear Rose's name mentioned over and over again.
On the other hand, Rose is the best finisher around the rim. Like Bulls announcer Stacey King says, "he's too big, too strong, too fast." That's my unbiased opinion. CP3 is good a creating contact. But there's a big difference between creating contact and getting to the line, and getting the foul and making the basket. When Wade was considered a PG earlier in his career he was pretty damn good too.

Wait, I actually just seen that you want to know about the best point guard around the rim in NBA history. I'm only 27 and haven't seen too many great point guards. Can I cheat and say Magic Johnson? lol He was a Point Forward. Kind of like Scottie Pippen in the Bulls championship seasons. They could both finish around the rim and get fouled.

championships
04-17-2011, 04:29 AM
Magic Johnson

stawka
04-17-2011, 04:30 AM
I'm gonna go out and say Nash. When it comes to ATTACKING the rim with a layup or dunk, then it's Rose fa sho'! If seeing as it's just around the rim, then I gotta go with Nash. He makes people look foolish by the way he runs rings around them under the basket. I love when he does that. Never been a fan of him because of his (lack of) D, but his offense is unreal, and that under-the-basket **** he does is ridiculous!

PrestigeWldWde
04-17-2011, 04:38 AM
I'm not a fan of a big market team and it was kind of funny at first, but it's unbearable now. Every single thread is about how awesome Derrick Rose is. It's like someone turned the NBA forum into PSD's official Derrick Rose forum.

The NBA forum averages more Rose threads a night than D-Rose averages turnovers and that's saying something.

Why the hate? People make threads here, but the fact is the people that comment on them the most put them to the top. So it brought you here right? Just to say the same thing that has been said many times. But the truth is not NBA thread is about how awesome Derrick Rose is...that's just you implying it because in the back of your mind you know that's how it should be. People put up polls and questions and Rose figures prominently in some of the threads. So does that make it ridiculous? Of course it doesn't. How many LeBron James threads have there been the last 3 years? Yeah, that's what I thought. And that last comment saying the NBA forum averages more Rose threads a night that he averages turnovers is just showing how ignorant you are to the fact at how good Rose is. Please educate yourself a little more on the game of basketball. I'm not bashing you, but it just seems like you think that Derrick Rose is a scrub or something. Just because there are tons of threads made about him just proves that he's something special and not just someone that people feel like talking about. If the threads are ridiculous then the mods would delete them. I just really really can't stand all of the uneducated people that claim to know how Derrick Rose plays basketball but has no damn clue. And by me saying that it doesn't mean that I think he's better than every other player in the game, but it's just the truth that he is one of the best and if you can't see it then you are blind.

PrestigeWldWde
04-17-2011, 04:43 AM
I'm gonna go out and say Nash. When it comes to ATTACKING the rim with a layup or dunk, then it's Rose fa sho'! If seeing as it's just around the rim, then I gotta go with Nash. He makes people look foolish by the way he runs rings around them under the basket. I love when he does that. Never been a fan of him because of his (lack of) D, but his offense is unreal, and that under-the-basket **** he does is ridiculous!

Exactly right. Plus he'd get the ball up so quick with out even jumping that the defender, who's usually a big man, can't get a hand on it. He was also the best at driving to the lane and litterally getting right under the rim and give a wrap around pass or alley-oop to Stoudamire during their glory days.

Evolution23
04-17-2011, 04:46 AM
MAgic

championships
04-17-2011, 04:50 AM

Magic had 42 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists, and three steals that night Playing center because Kareem was injured. An unbelievable game against Dr. J and the Sixers to win the title.

championships
04-17-2011, 04:56 AM
Oscar Robertson was another Great one.

PrestigeWldWde
04-17-2011, 05:06 AM
Oscar Robertson was another Great one.

I'm a little too young to know much about the Big O, but what I do know is he had a shitload of triple doubles and was one of the toughest s.o.bs. in the league.

BlondeBomber41
04-17-2011, 06:23 AM
I read through the first 40 posts and didnt see him mentioned, don't know if he was after that. In my lifetime of watching basketball since the late 90's I am gonna say Steve Nash. That guy is a freakin wizard when it comes to getting to the rim and finishing. Finishing at the rim has nothing to do with hops or literally having your hand up at the rim.

Minimal
04-17-2011, 06:54 AM
delete

FarOutIos
04-17-2011, 07:44 AM
I would have to agree that Magic should be considered as for all time best around the rim. I don't know much about Oscar Robertson, but he might be considered for this list as he is one of the best point guards ever.

Currently, I would say that Tyreke Evans has to be considered. While this may be a homer pick to some extent... Tyreke is basically a finisher around the rim. That's what he does. And while he has been injured most of this year, when he gets healthy again, he should prove to be among the best at his position at finishing around the rim.

Now if you really want to get technical about it... the thread doesn't say anything about scoring around the rim... so I would also have to include a brief note that Nash is absolutely great at dribbling around the rim and making passes while in the paint.

FarOutIos
04-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Right now stats say Steve Nash (72%), while other superstar PG's, including Rose have only around 60%. So Steve Nash is the best PG at finishing at the rim.

Good info.

Minimal
04-17-2011, 07:51 AM
Monta Ellis - 5.2 Shots at the rim/game with 69%
Tony Parker - 5.9 Shots at the rim/game with 65.4%
Steve Nash - 1.7 Shots at the rim/game with 73%
Derrick Rose - 6.3 Shots at the rim/game with 60%
Russell Westbrook - 6.8 Shots at the rim/game with 60.4%
Rajon Rondo - 4.8 Shots at the rim/game with 63.1%
Deron Williams 4.3 Shots at the rim/game with 62.3%

I say Monta Ellis is the complete Champion at finishing at the rim right now as PG (Combo Guard)
Just watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22YvcnVhOAE.
The guy is just sick at the rim.

And just for fun:
Dwyane Wade - 7.2 Shots at the rim/game with 66.6%
LeBron James - 5.9 Shots at the rim/game with 72.1% (He once shot 8 Shots at the rim/game with 71%)

J-Relo
04-17-2011, 08:14 AM
Magic Johnson.

jco91
04-17-2011, 08:44 AM
Rose is only 3rd on my list of current players.

Magic is all time best, no questions asked, at least that i've seen.

Current it goes

1 Ellis
2 Parker
3 Rose.

In my opinion

KnicksorBust
04-17-2011, 11:28 AM
1. Magic Johnson
2. Oscar Robertson
3. Isiah Thomas

Then there is a HUGE drop off.

netsgiantsyanks
04-17-2011, 11:33 AM
i haven't been around too long to know, but from what i've seen, magic johnson. :shrug:

Rocketsfan85
04-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Everyone needs to get off Rose jock strap all these threads somehow and in someway all relate to him get off the nuttz already

Sadds The Gr8
04-17-2011, 11:44 AM
i can't believe the NBA forum gets away with this crap. people complain about OT threads when this is easily the worst forum on the site. EVERY thread has to be about Lebron James or Derrick Rose and all it does is bring out Bulls fans and Heat fans to fight about the same stupid crap.

so basically OT threads ruin the quality of this site but the same damn Rose and Lebron threads don't?

:facepalm:

KnicksorBust
04-17-2011, 12:13 PM
i can't believe the NBA forum gets away with this crap. people complain about OT threads when this is easily the worst forum on the site. EVERY thread has to be about Lebron James or Derrick Rose and all it does is bring out Bulls fans and Heat fans to fight about the same stupid crap.

so basically OT threads ruin the quality of this site but the same damn Rose and Lebron threads don't?

:facepalm:

When you see bad posts just do what I do:

Report it, ignore it, or destroy it.

mjt20mik
04-17-2011, 12:25 PM

for gods sake.

Learn some history.

End of the thread.

This.

Dankster
04-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Isiah Thomas, no question. For those who weren't fortunate enough to watch him definitely Youtube some of his videos. His offensive game was fantastic--great jumper and unbelievable finisher around the basket.

JordansBulls
04-17-2011, 02:07 PM

for gods sake.

Learn some history.

End of the thread.

He jumped center.

PhillyFaninLA
04-17-2011, 02:12 PM

arkanian215
04-17-2011, 02:13 PM
This season the guys with the best percentages at the rim out of guys who played at least 40 games and 30 mpg:

Beno Udrih
Steve Nash
Andre Miller
Tony Parker
Kyle Lowry
09-10

Steve Nash
Beno Udrih
Rajon Rondo
Tony Parker
Chris Paul
08-09

Jose Calderon
Mike Bibby
Steve Nash
Jason Terry
Tony Parker
07-08

Antonio Daniels
Jose Calderon
Jason Terry
Monta Ellis
Tony Parker
06-07

Monta Ellis
Steve Nash
Tony Parker
Baron Davis
Charlie Bell

So in recent history...it looks like it's either Nash or Parker.

hugepatsfan
04-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Rose is the best in the NBA right now. I'm not old enough to talk about all time.

hugepatsfan
04-17-2011, 02:16 PM
This season the guys with the best percentages at the rim out of guys who played at least 40 games and 30 mpg:

09-10

08-09

07-08

06-07

So in recent history...it looks like it's either Nash or Parker.

Percentages are not the best indicator here. I saw someone post earlier that Nash averages only 1.7 shots at the rim per game. A lower % on a greater # of attempts is better than a higher % w/ much lower attempts.

goose15
04-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Terry Porter... easy

Lakers + Giants
04-17-2011, 02:17 PM
#1 easily Derek. . . . FISHER! #2 Derek Rose.

arkanian215
04-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Percentages are not the best indicator here. I saw someone post earlier that Nash averages only 1.7 shots at the rim per game. A lower % on a greater # of attempts is better than a higher % w/ much lower attempts.

I still consider efficiency the best indicator of finishing at at the rim. Even if he only gets 1 or 2 less a game at the rim, there's still a large sample size. In previous years he had more attempts w/ the same percentile in efficiency.

If you wanna make the cut off "average" attempts at the rim per game then sure, he might not qualify in some years.

Lu's Dynasty
04-17-2011, 02:24 PM
If this were just guards I'd say LeBron. The dude is 6'8 and hugely built. He could dunk it almost every time once inside 5 feet with enough steam.

sep11ie
04-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Are you talking about rim jobs?

Gaiterdan65
04-17-2011, 02:44 PM
This forum is filled with basketball neophytes. Have any of you heard of Pistol Pete Maravich? Probably not, as you are all to busy flinging feces at each other to research a game your supposedly fans off. Other then people clamoring for Magic and Iverson to be on the top of this list, you are Putz's.

KB24PG16
04-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Smush parker

heatking
04-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Hmmm.... Magic johnson? I dont see how anyone can be ignorant enough to say drose.

TopsyTurvy
04-17-2011, 07:35 PM
Magic. The closest second comes is AI or possibly Cousy (just because Cousy showed everyone how to play the position well).

fadedmario
04-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Kevin Johnson

Khalifa21
04-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Magic or Isaiah

Honorable mentions to CP3, AI (if you consider him a PG) and Tony Parker.

RipCity32
04-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Isiah Thomas end of story!!!

PhillyFaninLA
04-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Isiah Thomas end of story!!!

No reasoning given and not accurate....story reopened

mdm692
04-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Not the best but nash very underrated scorer

Albrecht Duerer
04-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Finishing, its Rose. Posting up, its Magic.

Storch
04-17-2011, 09:00 PM
magic or iverson during my lifetime

PrestigeWldWde
04-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Everyone needs to get off Rose jock strap all these threads somehow and in someway all relate to him get off the nuttz already

Mods please don't delete this because this is specifically for this guy.

How the **** is this a Rose thread? Was Rose's name in the title? If you are thinking about Rose when you read the thread then he is obviously in your mind. So don't come in here with that ******** garbage about it being a Rose thread, because if it was, then the title would be "IS DERRICK ROSE THE BEST POINT GUARD AROUND THE RIM IN NBA HISTORY?". Just please stop with the ignorant comments if you aren't even going to post on the topic at all. Thank you.

PrestigeWldWde
04-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Hmmm.... Magic johnson? I dont see how anyone can be ignorant enough to say drose.

Here we go again...another Heat fan saying anyone who mentions D. Rose is ignorant. You know what is ignorant? Everything about your post besides mentioning Magic Johnson. I don't see anyone saying anyone mentioning Wade or James and calling them ignorant if they do so. It's amazing to me how much Rose is on all of the Heat fan's minds. Don't you guys just wish the Bulls chose Beasley with the 1st pick instead of Rose? Nah, you guys would never admit to that. :D

championships
04-18-2011, 01:12 AM
:)
I'm a little too young to know much about the Big O, but what I do know is he had a shitload of triple doubles and was one of the toughest s.o.bs. in the league.

Here is some NBA history. In the first five years of the Big Os career he played in 384 games and averaged a triple double in that span. He averaged 30.3 points, 10.6 assists, and 10.4 rebounds.

thekmp211
04-18-2011, 01:59 AM
Magic or Isaiah

Honorable mentions to CP3, AI (if you consider him a PG) and Tony Parker.

ill take this one

im assuming you didnt mean the guard from u dub, haha.

PrestigeWldWde
04-18-2011, 02:03 AM

Here is some NBA history. In the first five years of the Big Os career he played in 384 games and averaged a triple double in that span. He averaged 30.3 points, 10.6 assists, and 10.4 rebounds.

Wow...that's sick. Thanks for the stats. I didn't know he was that much of a beast. Has there ever been a player with a better 5 year statistics span in NBA history?

PrestigeWldWde
04-18-2011, 02:05 AM
ill take this one

im assuming you didnt mean the guard from u dub, haha.

LOL...but he is a pretty damn good one there. I think he will make quite a decent player in the NBA.

BlondeBomber41
04-18-2011, 02:06 AM

Yeah but does anyone seriously believe in todays NBA any player could do that? Its a much different, more athletic, intelligent league.

PrestigeWldWde
04-18-2011, 03:16 AM
Yeah but does anyone seriously believe in todays NBA any player could do that? Its a much different, more athletic, intelligent league.

Of course not, but his quote was in response to me saying I know the Big O had a shitload of triple doubles in his career. So he just graciously provided me with the stats. He wasn't talking about players maybe doing it today.

championships
04-18-2011, 03:45 AM
Of course not, but his quote was in response to me saying I know the Big O had a shitload of triple doubles in his career. So he just graciously provided me with the stats. He wasn't talking about players maybe doing it today.

:cheers:

ellesmeire
04-18-2011, 03:49 AM
best PG around the rim...hmmm

maybe magic? i think rose will be up there when his career is over, but as of now he doesnt qualify

iverson has got to be up there as well

PrestigeWldWde
04-18-2011, 04:05 AM
:cheers:

That's a hilarious cartoon pic of Artest, by the way. lol
If you think dude is a good defender now, you should've seen him early on in his career with the Bulls. He'd be isolated and just totally, and I mean TOTALLY lock guys down. I was so damn pissed when he left though. He's the kind of guy every team needs. I think we have a guy now that compares to him somewhat (not saying he's as good, but has the devensive capabilities) in Ronnie Brewer. I didn't know too much about him before this season, but damn the guy just seems to get his hand on every ball in a passing lane and plays the baseline incredibly on the offensive side of the ball.

PrestigeWldWde
04-18-2011, 04:07 AM
CHAMPIONSHIPS...and dude i'm ****ing totally jealous that you are in Vegas. I was there a year ago today for my honeymoon. We stayed at the Vdara, part of the new City Center. Hopefully I will be back soon, I miss betting on sports lol.

Hellcrooner
04-18-2011, 04:17 AM

its a more athletic one but definetly not more intelligent.

in fact intelligent players are disapearing from the league quickly.

PrestigeWldWde
04-18-2011, 04:19 AM

Enter JR Smith. :D

Hellcrooner
04-18-2011, 04:19 AM
Wow...that's sick. Thanks for the stats. I didn't know he was that much of a beast. Has there ever been a player with a better 5 year statistics span in NBA history?

deppends of what you value, all roundness or flashiness.

wilt used to average 50 ppg with 25 rpg or something like that so i guess there must be some 5 year span with 40 ppg and 20 ppg.

championships
04-18-2011, 04:31 AM
CHAMPIONSHIPS...and dude i'm ****ing totally jealous that you are in Vegas. I was there a year ago today for my honeymoon. We stayed at the Vdara, part of the new City Center. Hopefully I will be back soon, I miss betting on sports lol.

That's cool I am a union construction worker here in town and I did some work on that tower. I did quite a bit at city center actually. That place is unbelievable. We just finished The Cosmo in december. Another really nice place next to City center.

championships
04-18-2011, 04:37 AM

He is still the only player to Average a triple double for a season.

BlondeBomber41
04-18-2011, 04:46 AM

I still believe its a more intelligent league. Coaching is more advanced, players know more. Not saying the players are smarter when it comes to book smarts, but just the know how to win games these days I would bet has advanced since that time.