PDA

View Full Version : It pains me to see Steve Nash out of the playoffs

heyman321
04-16-2011, 10:29 PM
It's an injustice and it makes my heart wrench and my quiver. He should be dropping sick dimes and treys in the playoffs.

lakerboy
04-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Steve Nash.

MVP with 3 all stars in his team, the other (Amare) was a an MVP candidate. He had Shawn Marion. He had Joe Johnson.

He had the most improved player, Boris Diaw.

He had the 6th man of the year, Leandro Barbosa.

He had a leading defensive player of the year candidate, Raja Bell.

He had the coach of the year, Mike D'Antoni.

HE HAD EVERYTHING HE NEEDED. Never won a championship. He doesn't play any defense. I'd rather say I am happy right now San Antonio is good again,.

heyman321
04-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Steve Nash.

MVP with 3 all stars in his team, the other (Amare) was a an MVP candidate. He had Shawn Marion. He had Joe Johnson.

HE HAD EVERYTHING HE NEEDED. Never won a championship. He doesn't play any defense. I'd rather say I am happy right now San Antonio is good again,.

I won't deny that he doesn't play defense, cause he can't lol. But the Suns probably wouldve made the Finals in 06-07 had Robert Horry not body checked him. And Boris Diaw and D'Antoni? They're trash. Look how Diaw is doing now, and look at all the New Yorkers that want D'Antoni fired.

But that's besides the point. It just pains me lol.

championships
04-16-2011, 11:02 PM
It might be sad to say but Steve Nash may not make the Playoffs again unless he leaves the Suns. His time left is short.

Kashmir13579
04-16-2011, 11:04 PM
yea, its a bummer.

jockrider
04-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Steve Nash.

so they wouldn't have won the year horry layed out nash? he can win he's been unlucky.

mdm692
04-16-2011, 11:05 PM
I won't deny that he doesn't play defense, cause he can't lol. But the Suns probably wouldve made the Finals in 06-07 had Robert Horry not body checked him. And Boris Diaw and D'Antoni? They're trash. Look how Diaw is doing now, and look at all the New Yorkers that want D'Antoni fired.

But that's besides the point. It just pains me lol.

dont waste your breath man guys a lakers fan not a basketball fan

Hustlenomics
04-16-2011, 11:07 PM
he's just gonna choke again

John Walls Era
04-16-2011, 11:10 PM
It pains me that he plays for a bad owner and a bum in VC

AllBall
04-16-2011, 11:15 PM
When he comes to Miami we will solve that problem.

101flyboy
04-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Steve is great, and I like the Suns, but honestly, they aren't good enough so I'm glad I don't have to see them anymore.

NYK4L
04-16-2011, 11:33 PM
He should quit the Suns and get a championship with another franchise.

akagiredsuns
04-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Steve Nash had a great team for years in PHX to win it all. But at the end of the day, it all comes down to the lame excuse that they always ran into the Spurs. Sooner or later, you think they figure them out, but never could. I don't miss Nash. His time has come and gone. He should retire or go to a contender for a last shot at a title run. This is the new era & D-Rose runs the show. #1 PG in the league. :cheers:

gotoHcarolina52
04-16-2011, 11:45 PM
When he comes to Miami we will solve that problem.

:speechless:

210Don
04-16-2011, 11:48 PM
doesn't pain me

Lake_Show2416
04-17-2011, 12:17 AM
My favorite PG to watch, he's amazing

TboneM3
04-17-2011, 12:47 AM
No one's fault but his own that he sticks around in Phoenix.

goblazers7
04-17-2011, 12:52 AM
:shrug:
Come to Portland

SteveNash
04-17-2011, 01:01 AM
:shrug:
Come to Portland

They'd probably do something stupid, like trade him for Martell Webster.

AIRMAR72
04-17-2011, 01:06 AM
one of the BEST play making PG to ever play in the league GREAT outside shooter no fancy ball handler but went ANYWHERE on the court with ease

JCmasta
04-17-2011, 01:09 AM
He'll be back in it again when he's with the Mavs.

SMH!
04-17-2011, 01:23 AM
Nash is trash

Mrphilly
04-17-2011, 01:23 AM
He plays his best ball during the regular season anyway. He has never done anything special in the playoffs.

Spurred1
04-17-2011, 02:35 AM
It pains you? Really? It doesn't pain me-Nash has had some excellent teams-but failed to get to the Finals. Not a big deal. He didn't make the playoffs this year-again, not remotely an epic tragedy.
Oh, well-life goes on. He makes a shitload of money-more than most of us will ever see playing a game. He has an incredible job that he loves (I assume) and is very skilled at it. He's phenomenal to watch, no doubt. But he also chose to stay in Phoenix-sort of a situation of his own making. Hard to feel any sadness regarding Steve Nash, imo.

CavsYanksDuke
04-17-2011, 02:54 AM
Wow. PSD'ers hate pretty hard on a pretty nice guy...

Lim
04-17-2011, 03:19 AM
Steve Nash had a great team for years in PHX to win it all. But at the end of the day, it all comes down to the lame excuse that they always ran into the Spurs. Sooner or later, you think they figure them out, but never could. I don't miss Nash. His time has come and gone. He should retire or go to a contender for a last shot at a title run. This is the new era & D-Rose runs the show. #1 PG in the league. :cheers:

ya he should retire, hes such a bum now.. cant play at all. :facepalm:

He plays his best ball during the regular season anyway. He has never done anything special in the playoffs.

?? wat

leftie5
04-17-2011, 03:31 AM
The baddest white baller today, just ask Chuck Barkley. They call him CanJe, or Canadian Jesus for a reason. He's a warrior.

leftie5
04-17-2011, 03:37 AM
Nash is trash

Coming from a Bengals/76ers fan?! LOL!!!!!!

abe_froman
04-17-2011, 03:40 AM
why? its not like he hasnt been in the playoffs plenty throughout his career

thephoenixson28
04-17-2011, 03:40 AM
Of course laker fans are going to come in here and hate. But sorry Phoenix can't a Gasol like trade. What happen to all them laker fans *****ing and complaining when Kobe wanted out. We will be back soon, cuz alot of people don't realize that Phoenix has a great team, but other teams have better ones. Hey it's unfortunate that teams at least have 3 superstars on there team. But mock my words Phoenix will be back.

More-Than-Most
04-17-2011, 03:42 AM
Steve Nash.

Besides Amare and JJ what are these other players currently doing? All that talent he has had around him becomes that good because of him. Nash might not be good at defense but the team he had the players around him were not very good either on defense. The system he was in is not a system that can win a title.

lakerboy
04-17-2011, 04:03 AM
Of course laker fans are going to come in here and hate. But sorry Phoenix can't a Gasol like trade. What happen to all them laker fans *****ing and complaining when Kobe wanted out. We will be back soon, cuz alot of people don't realize that Phoenix has a great team, but other teams have better ones. Hey it's unfortunate that teams at least have 3 superstars on there team. But mock my words Phoenix will be back.

Put Kobe instead of Nash in the teams I mentioned in my first post, and you'd have orgasms. 2006 Kobe + 2006 Amare + 2006 Marion + Joe Johnson.

That team would have won the championship. Probably multiple championships, because the 2006 Suns WAS THAT GOOD.

My point is, Steve Nash is just not a winner, and could not lead a great great team to a championship.

heyman321
04-17-2011, 04:04 AM
It pains you? Really? It doesn't pain me-Nash has had some excellent teams-but failed to get to the Finals. Not a big deal. He didn't make the playoffs this year-again, not remotely an epic tragedy.
Oh, well-life goes on. He makes a shitload of money-more than most of us will ever see playing a game. He has an incredible job that he loves (I assume) and is very skilled at it. He's phenomenal to watch, no doubt. But he also chose to stay in Phoenix-sort of a situation of his own making. Hard to feel any sadness regarding Steve Nash, imo.

Yes it does pain me. Him signing an extension was really a mind boggler situation wise but it was 22 million over 2 years so I understand in the end. Nash has the unfortunate curse of having a crappy owner and crappy management. Really. Look at all the moves made just to save money. Trading what was effectively picks in Rondo, Ibaka, and players like Kurt Thomas (wow that bit them in the *** when he signed with the Spurs lol), just to save money. Steve Kerr screwed up the team real bad when he traded for Shaq, but redeemed himself last year really. Other than that, Robert Sarver has been a cheap bastard. Nash probably would've made the finals in 06-07 and maybe even last year had Jason Richardson not fell asleep and let Ron Artest make a last second layup in Game 5 (I think?) that shifted the momentum for the Lakers indefinitely. As Bill Simmons puts it : "And for the record, Sarver allowed Amare Stoudemire to leave (defensible), then spent 80 percent of what it would have kept to keep Stoudemire on Channing Frye, Childress and Hakim Warrick (indefensible)." and "Nash suffering through a brutally tough season off the court. To be honest, I wasn't talking about his divorce, I was talking about the fact that every morning, he had to wake up thinking, "Oh my God, I have to play with Vince Carter."

lakerboy
04-17-2011, 04:06 AM
Besides Amare and JJ what are these other players currently doing? All that talent he has had around him becomes that good because of him. Nash might not be good at defense but the team he had the players around him were not very good either on defense. The system he was in is not a system that can win a title.

You are right. The system sucked, and Nash's glory was part of that system.

Oh btw, Barbosa already sucked even before he left Phoenix. Diaw became a bum again of course.

heyman321
04-17-2011, 04:15 AM
Put Kobe instead of Nash in the teams I mentioned in my first post, and you'd have orgasms. 2006 Kobe + 2006 Amare + 2006 Marion + Joe Johnson.

That team would have won the championship. Probably multiple championships, because the 2006 Suns WAS THAT GOOD.

My point is, Steve Nash is just not a winner, and could not lead a great great team to a championship.

I doubt Kobe could've won with that team, considering they'd be just as bad at defense. Everyone besides Amare and Marion were trash, and were a product of the system. And them not winning with the run and gun system isn't completely Nash's fault. It's just that Amare couldn't play defense against good bigs and Nash whoever was playing the 2 couldn't guard wings, and they still can't. Their team defense was terrible as a whole. Now if those teams had a legitimate good center like a Dwight Howard or an Andrew Bynum who has knees, then those teams definitely could have gotten over the Spurs.

millerandco
04-17-2011, 04:29 AM
unless he leavs PHX we wont be seeing him this time of the year again

thephoenixson28
04-17-2011, 04:40 AM

My point is, Steve Nash is just not a winner, and could not lead a great great team to a championship. But Steve Nash isn't that type of Caliber player. You can put Lebron James on that team and win a Championship. What I'm saying is people are hating so much on Nash. Kobe was in the same situation. But Suns won't be able to get help like the Lakers did. Suns are a Good team, but there is to Many stack teams in the NBA now. But hopefully there is a Hard cap, then people have to Release people, then that's when the suns will get better.

More-Than-Most
04-17-2011, 04:41 AM
You are right. The system sucked, and Nash's glory was part of that system.

Oh btw, Barbosa already sucked even before he left Phoenix. Diaw became a bum again of course.

Nash hasn't been in that system for about 3 seasons now and yet he is still just as good as ever and last year again almost made it to the finals. So if you are referring to Nash being a product of that system then please explain the past few seasons?

More-Than-Most
04-17-2011, 04:44 AM

Again this is false... He could but to say he would have won championships is a bit :facepalm:... Even with Kobe the likelihood of winning a championship in that system with that coach and no defense is extremely unlikely.

Evolution23
04-17-2011, 04:45 AM
LOL at all the people saying Nash is not a winner

todu82
04-17-2011, 09:23 AM
Yeah it's to bad to see him out of the playoffs. I wonder if he leaves Phoenix this summer and signs with another team.

PrettyBoyJ
04-17-2011, 09:41 AM
He should have asked for a trade.. It would be more painful to watch him leave the game without even playing in the finals

babyang04
04-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. But from what i recall, The Phoneix Suns were a game or two to get into the finals last year. And im damm sure Steve Nash was a huge reason.

KnicksR4Real
04-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Steve Nash.

That was actually one of the best posts I've ever read. Now that you think about it, wow.

Steelers23_06
04-17-2011, 10:53 AM
That was actually one of the best posts I've ever read. Now that you think about it, wow.

x2. i always thought that nash wasnt "that great" and this cements it in my mind

Jaji
04-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Heat

KnicksorBust
04-17-2011, 10:59 AM
It pains me to watch these lopsided 1st round matchups. I haven't thought about Nash once. He'll get one last run on a contender. It always happens.

KnicksR4Real
04-17-2011, 11:24 AM
x2. i always thought that nash wasnt "that great" and this cements it in my mind

:clap:

king4day
04-17-2011, 11:33 AM

Led the league again in assists with over 11 per game with a team lacking anyone close to an allstar. But your right, he's not that great.

king4day
04-17-2011, 11:38 AM
On topic, Suns brass said a few days ago that he's not going anywhere unless they are blown away with a trade offer.

Nash said he wants to play 3 more years in Phoenix. When you look at the team we have right now, realistically you add a solid PF to the team (Milsap, Randolph, Jefferson, etc), this team is back in the playoffs. 7 seconds or less is long dead so it wouldn't be as big a deal not to have getting a slower big man. We have the role players, now we just need someone to be the anchor.

You throw in someone like Michael Redd and Jefferson via trade (who has never had a big man like Gortat next to him) (both realistic) and the Suns could be scary good.

king4day
04-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Steve Nash.

You do realize how close the Suns were during the Nash era right? It's not like we underachieved during the entire tenure.
If any of the big breaks went our way, this thread isn't even created. Outside of last year and the year we dealt for Shaq, every year of the Nash era, something went seriously wrong. None of which was Nash's fault.

Rego247
04-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Led the league again in assists with over 11 per game with a team lacking anyone close to an allstar. But your right, he's not that great.

how many guys will be able to do that at his age?

ppl seriously take steve for granted.

JC_
04-17-2011, 11:57 AM
But the Suns probably wouldve made the Finals in 06-07 had Robert Horry not body checked him.

I agree. That was one of those wtf moments that was complete bs. The Suns had to fight hard whenever they had a series against San Antonio and the refs usually seemed to call the game in favor of the spurs as well. Those suspensions just put it over the top and they got knocked out when in all truthfullness it should have been there year to win it.

val_modus
04-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Steve Nash.

How many times has Marion been an all star since departing PHX? As for Joe Joe, that was a mistake by the Suns letting him go. If it wasn't for Horry, the Suns probably would have won the ring that year, just bad luck...
Nash basically made Diaw and Bell, both minimum salary journey men before stints in PHX. Point is, Nash is still the best pure pg in the league and has been for the past 5 or 6 years IMO.

smith&wesson
04-17-2011, 12:49 PM
His own fault. he wants to stay with the suns, even though they keep making stupid and dumb trades, well thats his choice. he could go to a contender but he wants to be loyal to city he isnt even from. there for i dont feel bad for him.

heyman321
04-17-2011, 01:35 PM

Did you not even think of how Joe Johnson wasn't "not worth max contract" Joe Johnson he is now? Other than Amare and Marion, yes they were all stars, but they were part of the D'Antoni system. Everyone else, was a product of Nash -- Barbosa, Bell, Diaw, Tim Thomas, James Johnson, even Dudley and Channing Frye are right now.

It's ironic you say this though, cause D'Antoni is New York's coach and they sure as hell aren't going anywhere with him. Replace the Suns' shooters with Melo, Nash with an older Billups, and you have the same team that doesn't play defense except not as good. Phoenix-lite if you will.

mdm692
04-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Then again this is an opinion forum you guys can have your opinions he will still be playing better than you fav pg at the age of 38 and at this rate he might play 3 more seasons anything can happen then. So ill just let nash keep adding accolades while you guys cant stop hating ;-)

Avenged
04-17-2011, 02:39 PM
His team eliminated the Lakers a couple of times in the mid 00's.. Doesn't pain me at all. Good guy, good player, but if you're not a Laker, I can careless.

sep11ie
04-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Wow, pretty dramatic brah.

BaddNewz
04-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Tell steve he is welcomed in new york anytime...no offense to chauncey

topdog
04-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Steve Nash.

What were those guys before him? Diaw was trash on Atlanta's bench. D'Antoni is a guy who doesn't know the definition of defense. Barbosa and Marion are fading to irrelevance.

Nash makes players. Hell, he nearly dragged a collection of discard and misfit SFs to a playoff birth, but no he has only himself to blame...

Can I also remind everyone of Cheapshot Bob's hip check on Nash that got a couple of the Suns starters suspended for standing up?

magichatnumber9
04-17-2011, 06:40 PM
I blame octocoach.

Ty Fast
04-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Wow. PSD'ers hate pretty hard on a pretty nice guy...

no kidding. look at all the hate lebron got

Bullsfan22
04-17-2011, 06:42 PM
steve nash has done nothing in the playoffs to make me miss him..

joeboow90
04-17-2011, 06:47 PM
I dont feel bad for him that he didnt make the playoffs this year but he still got robbed in that series against the spurs back in 06-07 when Amare got suspended for a game on that bogus call. that was some nba rigged ****. they did it to my Kings to back in 02 against the Lakers..smh

llemon
04-17-2011, 07:57 PM
I am a VERY big Nash fan.

But Steve wasn't the same player after the All-Star break.

Don't know whether it was his age, or a lingering injury, but after the All-Star break, Nash was no longer a go-to guy.

Just didn't shoot enough, and was very hesitant to take the big shot.

Age comes to us all, except to the ones that die young

evadatam5150
04-17-2011, 08:12 PM
It's an injustice and it makes my heart wrench and my quiver. He should be dropping sick dimes and treys in the playoffs.

Really...?? It doesn't make me feel anything.. In fact I can think of a great many other injustices in this world that have far more relevance in the over all scope of things.. The craziness that comes up in this forum cracks me up..

JPHX
04-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Steve Nash is laughing at us from a beach in St. Barts.

evadatam5150
04-17-2011, 08:19 PM

And still doesn't nor will he ever play a lick of defense.. Same old story, use ONE stat to justify a career or argument and there's always a footnote on the other side.. :)

PHX2daDEATH
04-17-2011, 08:29 PM
LOL This team is one shooting guard and one good power forward away from being a contender and of course bringing Lou back which I think we will if we can get rid of Warrick and Lopez..those are all IF's...Ownership has not shown me anything that says they will go out and fill these needs in the off-season though.. Hopefully Bobby steps aside so Blanks and Babby can tweak this team....

another thing, You guys are all too young to remember Bird and Magic never played any Defense either..and those are 2 of the top 3 players of all time.. its funny how people knit-pick.

mdm692
04-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Then again this is an opinion forum you guys can have your opinions he will still be playing better than you fav pg at the age of 38 and at this rate he might play 3 more seasons anything can happen then. So ill just let nash keep adding accolades while you guys cant stop hating ;-)

Ill quote myself while nash is enjoyin the offseason

Albrecht Duerer
04-17-2011, 08:47 PM

Meh. I don't really miss the constant discussion of whether the Suns can play enough defense to make it to the finals.

Yankees Suck
04-17-2011, 08:50 PM
It does not make me sad that Steve Nash missed the playoffs.

leftie5
04-17-2011, 09:15 PM
steve nash has done nothing in the playoffs to make me miss him..

LOL, Please have a clue about what you are talking about before spewing nonsense. It's obvious you have not watched him in the playoffs.

How about 2005, specifically against his former team the Mavs. He only AVERAGED 30.3 ppg, 12 assists, and 6.5 rebounds that series. That includes one game where he dropped 48. Then averaged 23.2 ppg and 10.6 assists against a damn good Spurs team in the next series.

Just look at his playoff averages. Apparently you didn't see the 4th quarter he had against the Spurs last postseason either with one eye swollen shut.

But yeah, he has done nothing in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

kblo247
04-17-2011, 10:13 PM
LOL at all the people saying Nash is not a winner

He is the only MVP (2 times to boot) in the history of the NBA to never play a Finals game. That is an asterisk mark.

He has always played with talent be it in Dallas or Phoenix, so you can't even play the Kobe, Tim, Wade, and so on were put in better positions card. This was truly the first year of the millennium where he had no all star next to him and he like all those players went to the lottery for it (his second time there in the past decade btw).

The main difference between him and them is that he can't get the job done with talent, so he should be blamed, especially if people (Suns fans) are going to cite Kobe when he went into his tirade to justify it without saying what he said "Trade me or bring me talent, and if I can't win with that talent put the blame on me because I deserve it".

JPHX
04-17-2011, 10:16 PM
He's had the talent and personnel to get to the finals. But you also need a bit of luck to get there. Luck has never been on steve's side. Maybe it's because he wears number 13.

Raps18-19 Champ
04-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Steve Nash.

Nash turned Diaw into that MIP.

Nash was the reason there was 3 all stars on that team. Had he not been therem Marion and JJ wouldn't have been as sick.

Nash turned D'Antoni into a COY. What has D'Antoni done without Nash?

kblo247
04-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Nash turned Diaw into that MIP.

Nash was the reason there was 3 all stars on that team. Had he not been therem Marion and JJ wouldn't have been as sick.

Nash turned D'Antoni into a COY. What has D'Antoni done without Nash?

Marion was an all star before Nash.

JJ has been an all star after Nash.

Amare had the Suns in the playoffs before Nash (he spent the year before Nash came there hurt) and he is in the playoffs now after him (conference plays a role in that certainly but still)

evadatam5150
04-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by mdm692

Ill quote myself while nash is enjoyin the offseason

Quote yourself till you're blue in the face, personally I'm not impressed.. And Nash can enjoy his off season breast feedin his baby whilst pile driving doritos all day long and it still doesn't matter which point guards are better or worse than him because at the least, 16 of them are in the hunt still to win a ring.. I'll take that any day unlike most Phx/Nash fans who still don't understand winning is more important than individual accolades and simply beating the Lakers.. So yeah, keep piling on those accolades, I'm guessing it's true when they say ignorance is bliss for some people..

Sad face.. :D

Duncan = Donkey
04-18-2011, 08:07 AM
People who Nash isn't a winner are dead set Losers and crack me up. If his a loser wtf are you?

Giantwarrior
04-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Who cares about steve nash. he's the dummy for resigning with the suns. the suns were stupid for not trading Stat.

Giantwarrior
04-18-2011, 08:41 AM
The suns were always a soft team and didnt have the balls to win it all.

Hangtime
04-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Meh.....he needs to go to a contender if he wants a ring at this point in his career. Loyalty don't mean ****. He needs to accept a new role for a legitimate shot or just join the likes of other greats who never won because Phoenix aint winning jack in the next few years.