PDA

View Full Version : Official Official B****ing Thread

SteveNash
04-16-2011, 06:40 PM
So far it's been terrible.

Total FT attempts today with all 4 teams playing equally hard: 71 (Miami/Chicago), 32 (Indy/Philly). That's embarrassing.

Are we headed for another bad officiating postseason?

ManRam
04-16-2011, 06:44 PM
FT disparity does not equate poor officiating.

It's obvious what two teams were more aggressive. I think both games were very well-officiated honestly...and I was rooting for the teams that lost. The Miami game was a little worse, but again, it wasn't bad.

LeBron, Wade and Bosh just were far more aggressive than anyone on Philly...and Rose earned most every trip to the line he got.

Crackadalic
04-16-2011, 06:46 PM
BS. i watch both teams and Chicago/Miami was just more aggressive getting to the line

SteveNash
04-16-2011, 06:49 PM

It's obvious what two teams were more aggressive. I think both games were very well-officiated honestly...and I was rooting for the teams that lost. The Miami game was a little worse, but again, it wasn't bad.

LeBron, Wade and Bosh just were far more aggressive than anyone on Philly...and Rose earned most every trip to the line he got.

Agreed, but can you really say the Bulls/Heat were more than twice as aggressive as the Pacers/Sixers were?

Because I can't.

DROSE4MVP
04-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Agreed, but can you really say the Bulls/Heat were more than twice as aggressive as the Pacers/Sixers were?

Because I can't.

Watch the games, man. Both the Sixers and Pacers were taking jumpers all game long, especially the Pacers. What are they gonna do? Call fouls on every jump shot? Philly and Indiana just need to attack the basket more.

ManRam
04-16-2011, 06:57 PM
I don't think you can quantify aggressiveness like that, but yes, I think that Chicago got more penetration and attacked the hoop a lot more than Indy, maybe even twice as much. Collison was the only person that was getting into the paint, and he didn't do squat in the second half. Granger just hoisted jumpers. Even their bigs stopped getting into the paint later on.

Wade and LeBron are going to attack the rime, like Rose, the majority of the time they try to score. They are great at not only getting there through traffic, but also at drawing contact. Even their bigs, Brand especially, were shooting from outside the paint the majority of the time. Bosh and LeBron were slashing all day long. Iggy only got 3 shot attempts in the paint today too. Holiday and Meeks shot a lot of threes...

It may have favored both teams slightly, but nothing out of the fair and acceptable norm.

hotpotato1092
04-16-2011, 07:03 PM
There's no such thing as a good officiating post season, round one is about weeding out the bad teams. The only thing officiating can do in this round is make a series go 4 instead of 5, they just wanna get rid of the non contenders.

SteveNash
04-16-2011, 07:04 PM
I really don't see it, even if you want to say Miami was more aggressive, they were getting ticky tack calls sending them to the FT line, while being able to bowl over people on offense and play tight defense.

I'll take notes for the next game.

Sadds The Gr8
04-16-2011, 07:05 PM
agree with the OP. the NBA officiating is the biggest ****in joke in all of sports

gotoHcarolina52
04-16-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm going to bring this thread to my girl's attention. Hopefully she'll bring her menstruation-induced *****ing here. This could be a breakthrough idea!

Hustlenomics
04-16-2011, 07:07 PM
agree with the op. The nba officiating is the biggest ****in joke in all of sports

+ 1

ManRam
04-16-2011, 07:09 PM
It's also the hardest sport to officiate, that might be why people get so bent out of shape over it.

We have the luxury of slow motion, multiple angles and multiple looks...refs don't. We can observe it outside of the game-paced nature. They can't.

Kashmir13579
04-16-2011, 07:11 PM
agree with OP.

DROSE4MVP
04-16-2011, 07:13 PM
It's also the hardest sport to officiate, that might be why people get so bent out of shape over it.

We have the luxury of slow motion, multiple angles and multiple looks...refs don't. We can observe it outside of the game-paced nature. They can't.

Agreed. It's a fast-paced sport, and when someone drives to the paint with so many bodies in there, it's hard to see a foul unless it's crystal clear. Us as fans, like you said, have the advantage of seeing replays and slow motion stuff unlike the refs. Obviously I've complained about the refs before, but you also gotta to give them credit as it's a very hard sport to officiate.

pd1dish
04-16-2011, 07:24 PM

agreed

bholly
04-16-2011, 07:45 PM

Total FT attempts today with all 4 teams playing equally hard: 71 (Miami/Chicago), 32 (Indy/Philly). That's embarrassing.

At least put quote marks around it so people know you copy/pasted it.

Doogolas
04-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Rose got to the line a lot because Philly was *****slapping him all over. I mean, nothing dirty, but they were fouling him hard. Probably their gameplan was to beat the **** out of him if he penetrated and hope he would be out of energy come the last couple minutes. Clean fouls, but they were very quick to do it and most of them were quite obvious.

bholly
04-16-2011, 07:57 PM
^ You mean Indy.

SteveNash
04-17-2011, 12:27 AM
Orlando/Atlanta was better, but I had the bad calls at 20-13 in favor of Orlando. Also very inconsistent with the way they were handling it. Not calling much in the beginning, to heavily favoring Orlando to end the first half. Giving Atlanta the benefit to start the 3rd (probably because they watched the bad job they did in the first half. Then start turning it again in Orlando's favor.

Dallas also got a lot of help in the first and fourth. Though part of that has to be the way Dirk flops so awkwardly all the time.

LayZbone
04-17-2011, 12:34 AM
I have to agree with ManRam here.

More-Than-Most
04-17-2011, 12:38 AM
Sixers coach Doug Collins was asked after the game if he would like to comment on the calls and he said he would... But it would cost his grand children their college funds. :clap:

TopsyTurvy
04-17-2011, 12:41 AM
I didn't have a problem with any of the officiating today. I thought in general (beyond keeping Howard on a short leash with T's), every game went well. Philly saw some of the worst calls of the day, but they didn't change the outcome of that game...

Everyone knows going into the playoffs the more aggressive teams get rewarded.

Kannon81
04-17-2011, 01:02 AM
The Bulls had so many calls cause like others said Rose was getting cleanly fouled almost every time he drove to the basket.

ChiTownPacerFan
04-17-2011, 01:04 AM
I agree that the free throw disparity was indeed due in part to the Heat's and Bulls' aggressiveness; however, the crew of Joey Crawford, Violet Palmer, and Bennett Salvatore is never going to do even a decent job of officiating. That is the worst crew I can imagine calling a playoff game. The Pacers couldn't look directly at D. Rose without a foul being called.

Kannon81
04-17-2011, 01:04 AM
Oh and in the Magic game the ref actually reminded Dwight that he had 1 technical foul and to be careful so they won't give him another. So the refs were pretty good today. I'm the 1st to complain about the refs.

Kannon81
04-17-2011, 01:06 AM
I agree that the free throw disparity was indeed due in part to the Heat's and Bulls' aggressiveness; however, the crew of Joey Crawford, Violet Palmer, and Bennett Salvatore is never going to do even a decent job of officiating. That is the worst crew I can imagine calling a playoff game. The Pacers couldn't look directly at D. Rose without a foul being called.

Your players shoudn't have said that when Rose drives to the basket they were gonna "SAY HELLO TO HIM"

SteveNash
04-17-2011, 01:08 AM
Well he was lucky to just get 1 technical in the first place. I didn't think grabbing people and throwing them to the ground while making no attempt at the ball is only a personal foul.

Kannon81
04-17-2011, 01:09 AM
Well he was lucky to just get 1 technical in the first place. I didn't think grabbing people and throwing them to the ground while making no attempt at the ball is only a personal foul.

I agree with you on that one.

D1JM
04-17-2011, 01:10 AM

howard?

SteveNash
04-17-2011, 01:14 AM
howard?

Yes, on Zaza. Then he wanted to complain about the call for some reason which got him the tech.

flclfanman
04-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Can't really blame the FT disparity on the refs, especially when jumpshooting teams (gasp) take jump shots.

Indy was shooting the lights out in the second and third quarter. No need to get foul calls when all your guys can't miss (5-8 from three at halftime:speechless:)

I didn't see the MIA-PHI game but that probably had the same scenario.

The one thing I WILL ***** about is Pyscho-T and Granger acting like they just went up in Game 5 of the ECF, especially when they both played out of their minds today. Don't think that'll last.

Win a Playoff game first, and then we can debate "swagger"

Hawkeye15
04-17-2011, 01:20 AM
so, because Rose, LeBron, and Wade are more aggressive than any other player, and continually attack, attack, attack, the refs are biased. Huh.....

SteveNash
04-17-2011, 01:23 AM
so, because Rose, LeBron, and Wade are more aggressive than any other player, and continually attack, attack, attack, the refs are biased. Huh.....

Good job watching the games/reading this thread.

championships
04-17-2011, 01:28 AM
I find it funny that the People who are saying the officiating sucked are the ones with an outside opinion (not fans of either team who played).
The people who are saying that the op is full of it and say it was because they were just more aggressive, are fans of the teams who benefited from the bad calls.

ryang
04-17-2011, 01:32 AM
the title should be called the HEAT and BULLS are alot better then there opponets cant beleive they didn't get to the line more...

More-Than-Most
04-17-2011, 01:42 AM
Like I said in the game thread. Using the they -were more aggressive- excuse is just as bad as people sayings its a conspiracy. Just because a team is more aggressive does not give the refs the right to call ticky tac fouls on one side while the other side the guy damn near has to be killed to get a call.

I get the more aggressive team will have more free throws but that does not negate the fact that the refs give the more aggressive team a high consistency of love tap calls.. Example at times in the 76ers game Jrue would get the call if 4 guys hacked him as he was going up but all James/Wade had to do was brush a guy or bump a guy and the whistle would blow. I dont mind the ref calling fouls or letting them play but they need to do it consistently on one side or the other. Star power will get you the calls the majority of the time and that is just the theme of the NBA.

This use to be the benefit of my sixers when we had A.I... He would get the calls because of how small he is and because he was the top dog in the game at the time and as much as I loved it then it was still wrong. A foul should be a foul 100 percent of the time. Consistency is key... Let them play or call everything on both sides... There should be no in between or we will call the beginning of the game this way and the end of the game we will let them play. A foul is a foul and the time/Quarter/Situation/Team/Player/or way a team plays should not effect why when or how a foul is called because in the end its still a foul.

ryang
04-17-2011, 01:46 AM
there was one bad call and then that was a D WADE 3 point shot granted bad call but that was the only one... I think Paul pierce benifits from that alot more then star's like D howard and lebron james.. it's not star power its being shifty and mobile in the lane something the pacers and sixers lack...

drobe86
04-17-2011, 01:48 AM
NBA Refs suck as a whole. This should not come as a surprise... It is what is you gotta deal with it.

ryang
04-17-2011, 01:52 AM
The refs really called good games today don't understand what everyone is getting at... useless conversation its game 1 round 1 and there were maybe 4 bad calls in both the bulls and HEAT games

More-Than-Most
04-17-2011, 01:54 AM
there was one bad call and then that was a D WADE 3 point shot granted bad call but that was the only one... I think Paul pierce benifits from that alot more then star's like D howard and lebron james.. it's not star power its being shifty and mobile in the lane something the pacers and sixers lack...

The bad calls werent the problem. The problem was the calls in general... Lebron goes in and gets bumped slightly by Iggy and its a foul... Holiday goes in and get ambushed by 4 guys and its a block... The notion that an aggressive team will get this call because they are aggressive while the shooting team doesn't because they are less aggressive is moronic.

If a team that shoots... decides to shoot all game except on the last possession where they drive the ball to the hole down 1 and they get fouled with no time left it should be called. Instead the lack of aggressiveness and the time and importance of the final play all intervene and go against the said team even though its a foul... How is that correct?

The heat will and should win as should the bulls because they are the better teams and I get and understand that and have no problem with it... The problem I have is with people using aggressiveness as an excuse why one team gets the benefit of the calls

Iggz53
04-17-2011, 01:56 AM
Watch the damn game. Show me one, just one, free throe that the Bulls got that they did not deserve. Literally, just one.

mttwlsn16
04-17-2011, 01:57 AM
agree with the op. The nba officiating is the biggest ****in joke in all of sports

+1

More-Than-Most
04-17-2011, 02:01 AM
Watch the damn game. Show me one, just one, free throe that the Bulls got that they did not deserve. Literally, just one.

To me its not just about that. Its about both sides. Maybe every call the bulls got was justified... Its the fact that maybe the pacers got less calls and things that should have been called weren't. I did not watch the bull game until the end and in no way am saying this was the case. I am more so referring to the game I did watch and just using Bulls/Pacers as an example because of your post above. I am just speaking in general instead of Bulls/pacers we can substitute and call it team A and team B. Sorry if I confused you.

SteveNash

Well that's the problem with the NBA. Usually there is contact on almost every play. So you can say sure that's a foul and technically be right. And if you want to call everything, everyone would probably foul out.

ryang
The bad calls werent the problem. The problem was the calls in general... Lebron goes in and gets bumped slightly by Iggy and its a foul... Holiday goes in and get ambushed by 4 guys and its a block... The notion that an aggressive team will get this call because they are aggressive while the shooting team doesn't because they are less aggressive is moronic.

If a team that shoots... decides to shoot all game except on the last possession where they drive the ball to the hole down 1 and they get fouled with no time left it should be called. Instead the lack of aggressiveness and the time and importance of the final play all intervene and go against the said team even though its a foul... How is that correct?

The heat will and should win as should the bulls because they are the better teams and I get and understand that and have no problem with it... The problem I have is with people using aggressiveness as an excuse why one team gets the benefit of the calls

but philly is not a shooting team and the pacers are only because they have a had time driving the ball most likely why they dont get that call because A it wasnt a foul or B they didnt drive or get fouled... agressive teams have players who can drive get contact and make the shot its called a star or star's...

ryang
04-17-2011, 02:06 AM
Well that's the problem with the NBA. Usually there is contact on almost every play. So you can say sure that's a foul and technically be right. And if you want to call everything, everyone would probably foul out.

8 out of every 10 fouls are called

iggypop123
04-17-2011, 02:09 AM
wade and rose have many things in common. they are black from chicago and guards. but now you can add average 25 fts a game.

More-Than-Most
04-17-2011, 02:15 AM

Technically yes. Those 3 and many others will get the brush and touch calls while non aggressive players do not. That is where the bias comes in it... Not for the player but for the situation... Because a player is aggressive they should not get a softer call then a player who only drives once or twice a game. How is that fair... It happens all the time. Its still a foul in both cases but the player that plays a softer style gets neglected because of said style. A foul is a foul and there is way to much area with refs... They choose when to call that foul and on which player and they use the quarter/Time left on the clock/Style of the player as an excuse when or when not to call a foul.

ryang
04-17-2011, 02:22 AM
^ not sure that is true think its more the player like a wade lebron rose d.howard vs an elton brand or anyone else u want to name...

Raph12
04-17-2011, 04:27 AM
EVERYONE ON THE MAGIC, exluding Dwight, CAN'T PLAY DEFENSE TO SAVE THEIR LIVES!!!

John Walls Era
04-17-2011, 04:34 AM
^ JRich wasn't bad. I remember when he drew that 1 charge.

Psycho T is a mutha ****ing god.

Raph12
04-17-2011, 04:41 AM

JJ (9-16 vs JRich/Redick/QRich) | Crawford (7-14 vs JRIch/Redick/Nelson/Arenas) | (Horford 7-14 vs Rhino/Bass/Turk & 1-3jumpers vs Dwight) | JSmoove (6-12 vs Turk/Rhino/QRich/Bass) | Hinrich (6-10 vs Nelson/Arenas/Redick)

Now tell me, who on the Magic played even DECENT defense lol.

flclfanman
04-17-2011, 08:48 AM
JJ (9-16 vs JRich/Redick/QRich) | Crawford (7-14 vs JRIch/Redick/Nelson/Arenas) | (Horford 7-14 vs Rhino/Bass/Turk & 1-3jumpers vs Dwight) | JSmoove (6-12 vs Turk/Rhino/QRich/Bass) | Hinrich (6-10 vs Nelson/Arenas/Redick)

Now tell me, who on the Magic played even DECENT defense lol.

This. Your team's defensive anchor goes off for 46-17-3-2 and you still LOSE?

Time to put out an APB on J-rich and Ryan Anderson. Where the hell were they today? :shrug:

P.S. So much for Jason Collins: AKA the Dwight stopper :laugh2:

flclfanman
04-17-2011, 08:50 AM

As long as that ugly-@$$ jumper goes in.

Let's see if he's still ballin' by game 2

NFLNBA
04-17-2011, 09:06 AM
Wade on that play of the night kicks Young on the jumper and gets the call in his favor, that play was the only one in that game where your like how does that happen lol

I think the officiating was decent in all games yesterday, Wade, Lebron, Durrant and Rose are the NBA's god children so expect them to get the calls in there favor a little more its always been like that

Only game where i thought it was bad was the 4th quarter in the Dallas - Portland game! Portland had 46 pts in paint to the Mavs 18 pts and we all know the Mavs r a jump shooting team yet they had 14 FTA in forth to the Blazers 2 FTA and the Blazers attacked more often. A lot of calls went for Dirk in the fourth with touch fould that put Portland in the penalty early

Curious what it looks like today, today doesnt have as many NBA god children playing today. We got Chris Paul and Paul Pierce who both do a lot of acting for calls and we Know Durrant is gonna get a lot of FT's.

theheatles
04-17-2011, 10:45 AM

rose should have been called for an offensive charge, brandon rush was out of the restricted area, with his feet planted and took the charge and rose was awarded 2 free throws...and i'm pretty sure rose got away with another involving hansbrough or foster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFCjUMZYWbM

(1:22)

SteveNash
04-17-2011, 11:24 AM
EVERYONE ON THE MAGIC, exluding Dwight, CAN'T PLAY DEFENSE TO SAVE THEIR LIVES!!!

Redick, Ray Allen had that one bad shooting game that one time.

Dwight had 7 points on 3 of 5 and 5 turnovers when Collins was in the game. Most of the damage was against Powell and Etan Thomas, you know the 3rd and 4th Centers for Atlanta.

rapjuicer06
04-17-2011, 01:03 PM

Dwight had 7 points on 3 of 5 and 5 turnovers when Collins was in the game. Most of the damage was against Powell and Etan Thomas, you know the 3rd and 4th Centers for Atlanta.

how many free throw attempts and free throws made?? and he only played 18 min :rolleyes:

Raph12
04-17-2011, 02:01 PM
This. Your team's defensive anchor goes off for 46-17-3-2 and you still LOSE?

Time to put out an APB on J-rich and Ryan Anderson. Where the hell were they today? :shrug:

This is what I mean, take away Nelson's 20pt outburst in the third and the supporting cast didn't show up at all.

Exactly, yet they finished 3rd in the for defensive efficiency and 1st for PTs allowed in the paint & pts allowed vs teams with Top post players AKA the Dwight Howard Effect

WRONG!!! lol

Dwight scored 12pts on 3-5FG & 6-9FT (although one miss was a bad pass for an alley hoop which wasn't Dwight's fault so technically 3-4 on postmoves) and why wouldn't you count the FTs he made after he drew the foul on Collins just because Collins subs off.

All Collins could do was foul him, btw those 5 turnovers; two were "3secs in the key" which is his teammates fault for not getting him the ball, one he stepped out of bounds on a move, one was an offensive foul (flop) and the last one was a dig in by Smith.

Collins 1v1 defense was non-existant, Dwight did what he wanted, he STOPPED Dwight only twice in the game when he stepped out-of-bounds and on the offensive foul, Dwight got his shot on the hook he missed, just didn't drop.

Collins didn't frustrate Dwight, his teammates did by not showing up on either end. Collins fouled out in 18mins, but give me 12pts on 3-4FG & 6-9FT in those mins any day of the week.

PS: Next time try not to manipulate the stats in your favor to prove a point, okay? Thanks.

JordansBulls
04-17-2011, 02:04 PM

Because I can't.

They were more aggressive because both teams were behind and the best way to get back into the game is being more assertive.

5ass
04-17-2011, 02:19 PM
some1 should change the name of this thread to "You know what grinds my gears?"

Wade>You
04-17-2011, 02:24 PM

Are we headed for another bad officiating postseason? Wade, Bosh, LeBron ≠ Meeks, Brand, Igoudala.

The Bulls on the other hand? Yeah, completely agreeed. Pacers were winning for 3 quarters until the refs willed the Bulls to a comeback win.

justinnum1
04-17-2011, 02:36 PM
the heat have lebron, wade and bosh. they will get the calls, period. Next.

smith&wesson
04-17-2011, 02:40 PM
laughing at the guys defending the refs. nba refs are clowns and every one knows it.

P-O-Z
04-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Dont know why anyone is surprised or pissed at the refs ? When you have two of the best players in the game (Wade, Lebron) their gonna get the calls simple as that .

xxcubs22xx
04-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Just another prime example of how stats are overrated sometimes.

Lets blame the refs, and completely ignore the fact that Miami and Chicago have always got to the free throw line this year to begin with. If you're scared, go buy a dog.

gaughan333
04-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Wade, Bosh, LeBron ≠ Meeks, Brand, Igoudala.

The Bulls on the other hand? Yeah, completely agreeed. Pacers were winning for 3 quarters until the refs willed the Bulls to a comeback win.

This is why people hate heat fans.

J-Relo
04-17-2011, 04:48 PM
This is why people hate heat fans.

goes both ways

IndiansFan337
04-17-2011, 04:50 PM

Teams that settle for a lot of J's typically do get rewarded with less FT's...

iggypop123
04-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Teams that settle for a lot of J's typically do get rewarded with less FT's...

looks like we have our first game that was equal. la 33 no 33. I should also mention the hornets are owned by the nba.

LayZbone
04-17-2011, 06:54 PM
Do yourselves a favor and read this article before you start crying about the FT disparity: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoopmiamiheat/post/_/id/6233/second-look-at-game-1-were-refs-unfair

The Sixers got their points on jumpers and I really had a tough time finding questionable foul calls. Almost every time down the floor, especially in the first half, Philadelphia would work the ball around the perimeter and find the open space to take a jump shot in a pocket of the Heat's defense. Jodie Meeks from downtown.

Elton Brand midrange jumper. Lou Williams from downtown. Brand midrange jumper. Jrue Holiday from downtown. Brand midrange jumper.

That's how it went. Overall, the Sixers took 39 jump shots according to Synergy Sports video tracking. The shots they got off at the rim were mostly either clean Thaddeus Young putbacks or fast break flourishes.
__

Young is extraordinarily athletic, but it's almost to a fault because he makes a living by slithering his way around other bigs, creating space and avoiding contact. This was no less true in Saturday's game when he snuck around the rim for tip-ins and got off his shots above the defender rather than through the defender -- the latter being Chris Bosh's specialty. The average forward posts a free throw rate (free throw attempts per field goal attempt) of 28 percent. What about Young? Just 21 percent.

Young isn't the only Sixers player who avoids contact. Brand used to go to the foul line with regularity, but he's no longer quick enough to get his defender off his feet and out of position. As a result, Brand often takes a shot -- usually a jumper -- when he sees the first ray of sunlight. The average power forward's free throw rate? 31 percent. Brand? 28 percent.

In the end, the Sixers don't have any bruisers in the paint and, apart from Holiday, they rarely attack off the dribble. Instead of pounding the basket, the Sixers made crisp passes around the perimeter in order to get open jump shots for their guards to do their damage.

At the end of the day, if Collins wants more whistles, he has to tell his players to attack the rim and draw the contact rather than avoiding it. Given Collins' encyclopedic knowledge of the game, he should know that the Sixers have the worst free throw rate in the league. And the Heat? They're the second-most frequent visitors to the charity stripe in the league, not because they're chummy with their refs. It's because they have three of the most aggressive foul-drawers in the game who aren't afraid of contact.

The 39-to-15 free throw disparity wasn't an indictment on the refs, but a product of two wildly different playing styles.

fadedmario
04-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Pacers stood no chance - you can't beat the refs and the Bulls.

IBleedPurple
04-18-2011, 01:43 AM
I know what goaltending is, apparently refs do not

davids22
04-18-2011, 02:45 AM
That was a blatant offensive interference on Perkins. I saw it on the video on my first view, and I had the sound muted, so it's not like the commentator had me prepped for it. How did the refs miss that?

ellesmeire
04-18-2011, 03:04 AM
the next time the Bulls lose a playoff game I think im going to create a thread bashing the refs for no reason, and then dismiss the 15+ FT's rose gets during the game

we should stop with bashing the refs already lol

MalZee24
04-18-2011, 04:17 AM

That question was already answered once the lakers locked up a playoff spot. Stern will do everything in his power to have LA win the championship.

hyb152
04-18-2011, 04:24 AM
That question was already answered once the lakers locked up a playoff spot. Stern will do everything in his power to have LA win the championship.

That's actually very true. And the evidence of lakers getting the favorable calls in some recent playoff games is there. But everyone knows the NBA is rigged so it's not like this is a surprise.

buch88
04-18-2011, 04:33 AM
hate to say it, but i agree with both of those posts above. ^^^ sooner or later in these playoffs, there will be a crucial game or two where the lakers get the favorable calls. it's bound to happen. why? because it happens every year. it's a shame it has to be that way, but it's the NBA. Where cheating happens.

championships
04-18-2011, 04:53 AM
:bla:^^^

JDMVP
04-18-2011, 05:08 AM
Just gotta love the haters when We are getting the benefit of the calls theres like a 1000 post of saying its LA this and that but when its not LA whos getting the calls and its some other team who s getting the calls somehow everyone is blind and deaf about it. Clearly after the 1st 2 days of the playoffs stern wants Chicago,Miami and Boston to successful.

knicksfan42
04-18-2011, 07:22 AM
Refs handed the Celtics the game yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7KRNLAe8W8

DenButsu
04-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Calls.

And I'm not being sarcastic. They get proactively rewarded in game win/loss result changing ways by the officials. Consistently. And using Occam's razor, I would say that this is directed from the top (and by that, I mean Stern), and that it is not just a coincidence. It happens at too high a frequency, with too much regularity.

It demeans the sport of basketball. It's unfortunate.

ttam68
04-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Best sport in the world, but its always been a shaky league.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-18-2011, 09:30 AM
isnt there an official "B*tching" thread or something like that?

nycericanguy
04-18-2011, 09:43 AM
That's not always the case... did you not see Melo last night? The refs were letting them play all game long, tough hard nosed basketball, I loved it. Until about 20 seconds left then they decided to get ticky tacky and call an offensive foul on Melo. Completely changed the momentum of the game, after that call I almost knew BOS would win.

The thing that made the call even worse was they were just battling for position, Melo did not even gain an advantage, it wasn't a call that had to be made. For instance if Melo had pushed off Pierce and scored an easy bucket then maybe you make that call because Melo pushing off gave him an easy bucket. But that wasn't the case.

I think it's more like the home teams get the calls. And I'm not one to complain about officiating, I never do. Check my nearly 6,000 posts and I don't think I've ever complained. But that was such a great game last night, and to see the ref decide to take a part in determining the outcome, that's just horrible. I wouldn't have wanted that on either side. The no call on Garnett tripping Douglas, that was fine, that was expected because they were letting them play and it was physical, but for the refs to change all of that on just one play... just a bad way to decide what otherwise was a great game.

Ray_R
04-18-2011, 09:59 AM
isnt there an official "B*tching" thread or something like that?

This.

Sly Guy
04-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Calls.

And I'm not being sarcastic. They get proactively rewarded in game win/loss result changing ways by the officials. Consistently. And using Occam's razor, I would say that this is directed from the top (and by that, I mean Stern), and that it is not just a coincidence. It happens at too high a frequency, with too much regularity.

agreed. Big players win big games by design.

Baller1
04-18-2011, 10:33 AM
I'd undersand where you're coming from, if Denver didn't shoot more free throws. The refs were consistently bad in both sides, it had nothing to do with the notorious "star calls".

MelkyNYY
04-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Calls.

This is the exact opposite of Occam's razor. The most likely and plausible scenario is clearly that this is all in your head and there is no giant conspiracy to reward big superstars.

DenButsu
04-18-2011, 11:10 AM
This is the exact opposite of Occam's razor. The most likely and plausible scenario is clearly that this is all in your head and there is no giant conspiracy to reward big superstars.

Well, then, shall you post some stats to back up your claim, and then I'll post some in retort? Because I would be very confident (although I haven't actually checked it out) that that there is an objective, observably positive correlation between max contracts and free throw rate.

WSU Tony
04-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Calls.

This is the post of the ****ing year right here. The funny part is the teams with the stars will argue you until the death about this point...

I saw K-Love get brutally fouled all year with no calls. I actually deemed the no calls "rape" calls.

In the mean time, Kobe will ***** and moan if he misses a shot and his defender was standing strait up with his arms at his sides, lol. The NBA, like anything, is all about money. Stars sell tickets. How do you create stars? Foul calls.

The NBA most recently has done this with Griffin. They had him winning the dunk contest before it even started. Funny how that happens.

Funny too, that a town like LA gets him. lol.

This even breaks down to the draft "lottery." The Wolves have never had a top 2 pick despite being in the lottery every year. Well, the Wolves aren't located on one of the coasts, either. lol.

Game_Over
04-18-2011, 11:30 AM
We were up around 10 points for a while last night in the first half, my girl was getting all excited and I turned to her and said we are going to lose this game. She was like were up by 10 are you crazy and I said yes but we could be up by 20 and the refs are call us everytime we breath on Durrant. It has been fn watching this new Nuggets "team" basketball but we will not go anywhere with it. Sad thing is Durrant wasn't playing good when we were playing him tough after all our players were getting in foul trouble and didn't get near him he of course starts lighting it up.. We unfortunately don't have a player that will get bailed out when he is playing bad by the refs, we did but he is gone now and now you can tell.. The team game may have worked in the regular season but the NBA(Stern) won't let it in the playoffs!!

BoozerYells
04-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Well, then, shall you post some stats to back up your claim, and then I'll post some in retort? Because I would be very confident (although I haven't actually checked it out) that that there is an objective, observably positive correlation between max contracts and free throw rate.

correlation =/= causation

Baller1
04-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Conspiracy theories, FTW!

WSU Tony
04-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Then, to make it worse, the media has headlines like "Pauls 40 pts carry Hornest over Lakers" or "Durant scores 40." It just emphasizes this stardom.

Nobody goes to an NBA team to see team play, with assists, and rebounds. They go to see a guy light it up or have Griffin lead his team to a loss while having 4 monster dunks.

ttam68
04-18-2011, 12:37 PM

I'd love to see someone look into that. You'd have to be careful how you put it together though because having a high free throw rate could lead to a max contract.

Sadds The Gr8
04-18-2011, 12:44 PM
agree with the OP. NBA refs are the worst refs in all of sports

DenButsu
04-18-2011, 12:45 PM
I'd love to see someone look into that. You'd have to be careful how you put it together though because having a high free throw rate could lead to a max contract.

One factor it probably should relate to is shots at rim vs. long range shots. If players who take a very high proportion of their shots far from the rim get a disproportionately high FTR, it would be more convincing than, say, guys like Dwight who takes pretty much all of his shots at the rim and actually does get legitimately fouled a lot because all he does is attack the basket.

ttam68
04-18-2011, 01:15 PM
One factor it probably should relate to is shots at rim vs. long range shots. If players who take a very high proportion of their shots far from the rim get a disproportionately high FTR, it would be more convincing than, say, guys like Dwight who takes pretty much all of his shots at the rim and actually does get legitimately fouled a lot because all he does is attack the basket.

Yeah. The problem with statistics is once you start adjusting for a variable (i.e. shot location) its hard to draw the line of where to stop. Basketball is a dynamic sport so its not easy to simplify. A basic FT rate to salary regression would be interesting though.

pebloemer
04-18-2011, 01:36 PM

I'd certainly agree that "superstar calls" are a part of this league, but this would be a poor way to make that argument. Occam's razor would suggest to me that the best players in the league get maximum contracts and since they are in fact the "best players in the league," they are harder to stop defensively, so they get fouled more.

I think unconsciously, ref's begin to "expect" a foul when LeBron is driving to the basket, because it simply happens so often. That expectation could result in a looser whistle. But I don't think it is some conspiracy coming from Stern.

I get your frustration being a fan of a team without a max contract superstar, but I think the correlations you are making are guided more by emotion than logic.

WSU Tony
04-18-2011, 02:15 PM
His correlation is dead one, he's not guided by emotion.

Watch an NBA game, it truly is rediculous the calls some of these guys get. What's even worse is how far Kobe/Pau/Garnet can get push a ref before they get a technical. They can ***** up a storm but if anyone else even opens their mouth to a ref it's a technical.

This is a star driven league. It's the same reason Lebron went to Cleveland, Rose went to chicago, and why the Wolves will never win the lottery despite being a bottom 3 team year in and year out.

Tarheels23
04-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Funny to see the Nuggets and Knicks fans crying and whining today...

pebloemer
04-18-2011, 02:38 PM
His correlation is dead one, he's not guided by emotion.

Watch an NBA game, it truly is rediculous the calls some of these guys get. What's even worse is how far Kobe/Pau/Garnet can get push a ref before they get a technical. They can ***** up a storm but if anyone else even opens their mouth to a ref it's a technical.

This is a star driven league. It's the same reason Lebron went to Cleveland, Rose went to chicago, and why the Wolves will never win the lottery despite being a bottom 3 team year in and year out.

I have a hard time believing that representative of the TWolves sits in that lottery room every year, knowing that the lottery is rigged against his franchise and never speaks publicly about it. Every year, odds are the last place team will not win the lottery.

A conspiracy over superstar calls is quite fathomable, but a conspiracy over fixed lottery results is absurd. 30 representatives from 30 different organizations are all in on it?

WSU Tony
04-18-2011, 02:52 PM
I have a hard time believing that representative of the TWolves sits in that lottery room every year, knowing that the lottery is rigged against his franchise and never speaks publicly about it. Every year, odds are the last place team will not win the lottery.

A conspiracy over superstar calls is quite fathomable, but a conspiracy over fixed lottery results is absurd. 30 representatives from 30 different organizations are all in on it?

You are making the assumption everybody knows. You are also making the assumption that the people in the draft lottery room would be able to SEE the cheating.

We figured it out. The Wolves would have a 2% chance with how many times they've been in the draft lottery of not EVER having a top 2 pick. Guess what, the Wolves have never had a top two pick.

Lebron to Cleveland?
Rose to Chicago?
Griffin (the next big star) to a coastal team with a big population?

I realize this post is for another thread but damn, you'd have to be a fool not to see it.

Chronz
04-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Let me guess, your team lost

pebloemer
04-18-2011, 03:07 PM
You are making the assumption everybody knows. You are also making the assumption that the people in the draft lottery room would be able to SEE the cheating.

We figured it out. The Wolves would have a 2% chance with how many times they've been in the draft lottery of not EVER having a top 2 pick. Guess what, the Wolves have never had a top two pick.

Lebron to Cleveland?
Rose to Chicago?
Griffin (the next big star) to a coastal team with a big population?

I realize this post is for another thread but damn, you'd have to be a fool not to see it.

Considering the drastic ways in which a cheated lottery can affect the business of the franchise, I don't see how all 30 teams wouldn't demand transparency in the process of a draft lottery. There is no way it isn't transparent to all teams involved... No owner would tolerate that in a multi-million dollar business.

I would love to see the math that equates to a 2% chance that Minnesota never gets a Top 2 big given their lottery odds each year. It's off topic, but if you could PM me the mathematical method that can do that I'd be very interested in seeing it.

But we are off topic.

tredigs
04-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Any time this thread comes up, all you have to do is point to a guy like Corey Maggette. Or the NBA leader in FT's made this season (tied with KD), Kevin Martin.

Thread enders.

A missed call here or there (although the Nuggets shot a decent amount MORE foul shots than the Thunder last night - who are generally getting to the line far more than Denver would due to their aggressiveness) can turn the most objective of posters into conspiracy theorists. Sad, but common.

DLeeicious
04-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Free throw attempts =/= bias from officials. I will say that more than not though a 50-50 call will go to the more established player. This is more a product of the NBA being so difficult to ref and the fact that there are a lot of 50-50 plays in games and someone has to get the call. It's just the way it is.

WSU Tony
04-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Considering the drastic ways in which a cheated lottery can affect the business of the franchise, I don't see how all 30 teams wouldn't demand transparency in the process of a draft lottery. There is no way it isn't transparent to all teams involved... No owner would tolerate that in a multi-million dollar business.

I would love to see the math that equates to a 2% chance that Minnesota never gets a Top 2 big given their lottery odds each year. It's off topic, but if you could PM me the mathematical method that can do that I'd be very interested in seeing it.

But we are off topic.

It's the ***** thread, as long as we're complaining we're on topic.

Go back and check the Wolves standings in the last 10 years. Then, check "nba draft lottery" on wikipedia for the % chance of a pick with a given finishing standing.

This year the Wolves have a 46% chance at a top 2 pick. Last year we had a 37% chance. If you keep adding 46% chances and 37% chances enough times, you get down to a 2% chance.

The odds of getting heads 5 times in a row? 3%. Same principle with the Wolves and not having a top 2 pick in franchise history.

WSU Tony
04-18-2011, 04:49 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605159&page=2

Raph12
04-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Any time this thread comes up, all you have to do is point to a guy like Corey Maggette. Or the NBA leader in FT's made this season (tied with KD), Kevin Martin.

Thread enders.

A missed call here or there (although the Nuggets shot a decent amount MORE foul shots than the Thunder last night - who are generally getting to the line far more than Denver would due to their aggressiveness) can turn the most objective of posters into conspiracy theorists. Sad, but common.

How does that explain the Knicks/Celts game? The Knicks were both more aggressive and have guys who draw a lot of fouls (Stat, Melo & Billups), yet the Celts got to the line more.

Not to mention when Pierce had his left arm around Melo it was a non-call, but as soon as Melo shoved him off he got the offensive foul. On the other end, Pierce uses his off-hand to shove Melo off to clear space and it's a no call... I don't believe the games are rigged, but I do believe the refs are biased, especially in the home team's favor.

tredigs
04-18-2011, 06:08 PM
How does that explain the Knicks/Celts game? The Knicks were both more aggressive and have guys who draw a lot of fouls (Stat, Melo & Billups), yet the Celts got to the line more.

Not to mention when Pierce had his left arm around Melo it was a non-call, but as soon as Melo shoved him off he got the offensive foul. On the other end, Pierce uses his off-hand to shove Melo off to clear space and it's a no call... I don't believe the games are rigged, but I do believe the refs are biased, especially in the home team's favor.

Sigh. So your refuting my point of two decades worth of career stats with 2 calls in a game last night?

Listen, there are hundreds and hundreds of whistles every game night in the NBA. The vast majority will be called correctly, a much smaller but still significant amount will be "arguable" (though homers on both sides will always site these as egregious errors if they didn't go in their teams favor), and a small percentage will just be wrong and/or terrible calls. That's life in a sport where plays go down so quickly and the difference between a non-call and a must-call is a hairtrigger difference. Add in 3 refs who all have a whistle, and there's going to be calls made that 2 of them wouldn't have even though to blow, but the third is adament that he did (and as we see every night, that's not always going to be the case).

You can deduce that this is because of a league wide conspiracy to keep "X Team" or "X Player" ahead of the rest - and I have NO DOUBT that certain refs have a personal bias against certain players (these are humans we're talking about - but on a mass scale? Doubtful. Highly doubtful.

You don't think Stern and the NBA are salivating over the prospect of New York finally having a relevant team - knowing what kind of followship and increased marketing capabilities that would garner in a postseason run? Get real. They'd love it.

And make no mistake, if those calls were swapped and Melo had been the one getting the "star call" in that instance, that's the exact argument that every non-objective Boston homer and NBA conspiracy theorist would be making right now.

Stupid, tired argument. Corey Maggette and Kevin Martin draw contact, not fans. But the refs allow them to get to the line as much as any superstar out there.

coolio136
04-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Elton Brand admitted Miami was more active and that's why they got to the line more.

Raph12
04-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Sigh. So your refuting my point of two decades worth of career stats with 2 calls in a game last night?

Listen, there are hundreds and hundreds of whistles every game night in the NBA. The vast majority will be called correctly, a much smaller but still significant amount will be "arguable" (though homers on both sides will always site these as egregious errors if they didn't go in their teams favor), and a small percentage will just be wrong and/or terrible calls. That's life in a sport where plays go down so quickly and the difference between a non-call and a must-call is a hairtrigger difference. Add in 3 refs who all have a whistle, and there's going to be calls made that 2 of them wouldn't have even though to blow, but the third is adament that he did (and as we see every night, that's not always going to be the case).

You can deduce that this is because of a league wide conspiracy to keep "X Team" or "X Player" ahead of the rest - and I have NO DOUBT that certain refs have a personal bias against certain players (these are humans we're talking about - but on a mass scale? Doubtful. Highly doubtful.

You don't think Stern and the NBA are salivating over the prospect of New York finally having a relevant team - knowing what kind of followship and increased marketing capabilities that would garner in a postseason run? Get real. They'd love it.

And make no mistake, if those calls were swapped and Melo had been the one getting the "star call" in that instance, that's the exact argument that every non-objective Boston homer and NBA conspiracy theorist would be making right now.

Stupid, tired argument. Corey Maggette and Kevin Martin draw contact, not fans. But the refs allow them to get to the line as much as any superstar out there.

Regardless, there are bad calls that decide close games, and I know that is the nature of the beast; but personal bias can drastically change the initial route...

SteveNash
04-18-2011, 06:16 PM

You can complain about the officiating without thinking there is some kind of conspiracy.

Refs make a lot of bad calls, this is an inarguable fact. What I want to see is some accountability on these bad calls. And if the current system can not work then the NBA needs to admit it and change the entire officiating process.

tredigs
04-18-2011, 06:28 PM
You can complain about the officiating without thinking there is some kind of conspiracy.

Refs make a lot of bad calls, this is an inarguable fact. What I want to see is some accountability on these bad calls. And if the current system can not work then the NBA needs to admit it and change the entire officiating process.

Without a doubt, and I can get behind that completely. Ideally there would be more no-calls and the game would be allowed to flow better. Tick-tack fouls have no place in the NBA, and I think that's the #1 place to start.

pebloemer
04-18-2011, 06:51 PM
It's the ***** thread, as long as we're complaining we're on topic.

Go back and check the Wolves standings in the last 10 years. Then, check "nba draft lottery" on wikipedia for the % chance of a pick with a given finishing standing.

This year the Wolves have a 46% chance at a top 2 pick. Last year we had a 37% chance. If you keep adding 46% chances and 37% chances enough times, you get down to a 2% chance.

The odds of getting heads 5 times in a row? 3%. Same principle with the Wolves and not having a top 2 pick in franchise history.

Now I see where you are going wrong. Having a 25% chance at 1st overall pick and a 21.5% chance at second overall pick doesn't mean you have a 46% chance at having a Top 2 pick. You can't just add percentages like that in math.

If it is a 70% chance of raining today and a 30% chance of raining tomorrow, is it definitely going to rain over those two days?

MalZee24
04-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Just gotta love the haters when We are getting the benefit of the calls theres like a 1000 post of saying its LA this and that but when its not LA whos getting the calls and its some other team who s getting the calls somehow everyone is blind and deaf about it. Clearly after the 1st 2 days of the playoffs stern wants Chicago,Miami and Boston to successful.

we're not hating on the lakers, we're hating on the NBA for always favoring the lakers. And yeah, after the first 2 days when there's 16 teams left... of course stern wants chicago miami and boston. But what about when the conference finals come around? What about when the 4 teams left are let's say LA, Dallas, Miami, and Boston? You think Stern wants another LA vs Boston series? It's only the greatest rivalry in the NBA and brings in huge ratings every time. It went to 7 games last year and brought in all kinds of revenue and ratings. Or does Stern want a star-driven finals between LA and Miami? Either way, LA is the team Stern wants to be in the finals. He'll do his research to see which eastern team, Chicago Boston or Miami, will bring in the most marketing value in the finals vs the Lakers and then do everything in his power to have that team win the east.

ElMarroAfamado
04-19-2011, 12:05 AM
The thing with the refs is .....they bail guys out like Wade and Lebrick James. That is actually better for everyone rooting against them because what that does is make them be like "oh well i dont have to shoot well cause the refs are just going to bail me out everytime and give me free throws" so guys like Lebrick only take shots when they are in a blowout or against the shotclock... this HURTS The Team receiving the bias more than it helps...but we will see that more with the Heat Later but anyway.....

look up threads from years passed and it is the same thing as always with the refs...the thing is youd think this stuff would have changed already since it is so repetitive. Why must they be so biased towards the home team? Why cant they just call it even? Why must they "make up" calls when the team that they ****ed over (in this case The Knicks and Nuggets) wait for them to be home to be rewarded? For what? costing em a game? Then when they do this the opposing teams fanbase will complain and this makes the **** be nonstop it just keeps going in a circle.......

And it is funny for all the people making fun of the fans that were complaining...The NBA acknowledged they messed up so now what?

iggypop123
04-19-2011, 12:33 AM
bump for the pacers

SteveNash
04-19-2011, 12:35 AM
Pacers did get a bit screwed again, not as bad as last time. But I really can't feel sorry for a team that gets outrebounded by 20+

John Walls Era
04-19-2011, 12:57 AM
Basically half the BullsvsPacers thread could be placed into here.

Baller1
04-19-2011, 12:59 AM
I think NBA refs are clearly the best and most consistent of all the major sports in the nation.

They're incredibly reliant.

JordansBulls
04-19-2011, 01:03 AM
Basically half the BullsvsPacers thread could be placed into here.

Only play that was bad was the offensive foul on Hibbert with 1 minute left in the 4th.

ellesmeire
04-19-2011, 01:08 AM
everything else was basically playoff basketball, but since its the Bulls they dont care...Heat vs 76ers was way worse than this

BleedingGreen9
04-19-2011, 01:08 AM
Only play that was bad was the offensive foul on Hibbert with 1 minute left in the 4th.

which changed the game completely

Fool
04-19-2011, 01:10 AM
Regardless of what happened in the Bulls / Pacers game, see:

Melo offensive foul.
The most blatant no-goaltending call I've ever seen.

BleedingGreen9
04-19-2011, 01:13 AM
Regardless of the melo foul....Im glad he is a self centered player and jacks up that three to end the game

Slimsim
04-19-2011, 01:16 AM
Charles Said the KG fouled TD and he hates us.

BleedingGreen9
04-19-2011, 01:19 AM
Charles hates the C's more than anyone in the NBA he picked the knicks to upset boston

iggypop123
04-19-2011, 01:36 AM
Charles hates the C's more than anyone in the NBA he picked the knicks to upset boston

actually kenny had to convince charles that they had a shot. he doesnt like the knicks.

P-O-Z
04-19-2011, 01:38 AM
everything else was basically playoff basketball, but since its the Bulls they dont care...Heat vs 76ers was way worse than this

lol :facepalm: of course something with the heat .

yshNYK
04-19-2011, 01:38 AM
Not only was the offensive foul call wrong...but foster def. was pushed and should have been fouled the play right after the hibbert call

redwhitenblue
04-19-2011, 01:48 AM
Not only was the offensive foul call wrong...but foster def. was pushed and should have been fouled the play right after the hibbert call
And it should've been an offensive call on Price for kicking his feet out at Rose on the 3, and earlier when the Pacers player stopped and dragged his feet through the lane before making a layup, it was a clear travel.

Not to mention the offensive foul call was just as bad against Hibbert as it was against Boozer in game 1, the exact same call.

yshNYK
04-19-2011, 01:57 AM
well i mean the bad officiating did go both ways, it's just sad to see bad calls, and i'm not even a pacer or bulls fan..although i must say this is a reeeeaaaaallly exciting series so far.

bulls and pacers fans are in for some great basketball..(although you have throughout the year already :P )

Raph12
04-19-2011, 02:21 AM

Yeah but that changed the game completely, should've been an and-one for George...

LA_Raiders
04-19-2011, 02:24 AM
Thats BS.... Looks like one of sorry *** sterns moves to make $$$...

nitric
04-19-2011, 02:27 AM

That was a travel if anything. If you are going to call random palming on Rose, Hibbert should have been hit with a travel instead of an offensive foul

iggypop123
04-19-2011, 01:11 PM
That was a travel if anything. If you are going to call random palming on Rose, Hibbert should have been hit with a travel instead of an offensive foul

they call palming these days. throughout the year i saw kobe got called for it as many as 10 times. that play was huge because right after there was a dunk and 1 by george. its a 6 point swing. how many did the pacers lose by? oh yeah 6.

Baller1
04-19-2011, 01:48 PM
And it should've been an offensive call on Price for kicking his feet out at Rose on the 3, and earlier when the Pacers player stopped and dragged his feet through the lane before making a layup, it was a clear travel.

Not to mention the offensive foul call was just as bad against Hibbert as it was against Boozer in game 1, the exact same call.

Oh come on dude, Rose clearly swiped his hand/wrist during the shot, and if there was any extension of Price's legs, it was very minimal. It was a foul on Rose.

Hibbert's offensive foul was a terrible call.

The no call on Foster was the perfect call. There was no push, and if there was, it was after Foster had already forced the ball out of bounds.

BcEuAbRsS
04-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Oh come on dude, Rose clearly swiped his hand/wrist during the shot, and if there was any extension of Price's legs, it was very minimal. It was a foul on Rose.

The no call on Foster was the perfect call. There was no push, and if there was, it was after Foster had already forced the ball out of bounds.

The replay does show Noah pushing him... thats kinda why he went tumbling down like he did...

redwhitenblue
04-19-2011, 03:53 PM

TNT does a horrible job of showing replays. CSN did an amazing job of showing the angle from above the play which showed Price initiated contact with his legs.

Baller1
04-19-2011, 04:25 PM
TNT does a horrible job of showing replays. CSN did an amazing job of showing the angle from above the play which showed Price initiated contact with his legs.

How does an extension of Price's leg initiate contact of their hands?

dnewguy
04-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Name the Nba ref/s you think should consider a retirement.

Cano4prez
04-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Joey Crawford should die.

dnewguy
04-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Joey Crawford should die.

:)

stlbest5in2013
04-23-2011, 05:25 PM
indiana won the game, that said when it was 84-81, i counted to 6 one thousand and the whistle never blew.

it was 1 one thousand, 2 etc....... not one 2thousand, 2 1thousand

210Don
04-23-2011, 05:26 PM
nope

ChiTownPacerFan
04-23-2011, 05:29 PM
This is the kind of mentality in sports that really pisses me off. Do you really need to start a thread to whine about something so trivial. You guys are going to win the series, most likely in five games. Just let us enjoy our one win of the series for *******'s sake.

stlbest5in2013
04-23-2011, 05:32 PM
why dont you learn that 5 seconds is a violation numb nuts

Rndy
04-23-2011, 05:32 PM
This is the kind of mentality in sports that really pisses me off. Do you really need to start a thread to whine about something so trivial. You guys are going to win the series, most likely in five games. Just let us enjoy our one win of the series for *******'s sake.

Indiana deserved this game Chicago got some calls at home and refs made us pay for it today. Bulls played like dog **** and didn't deserve to win. I'm not upset that we lost I didn't like having such a big win streak our guys needed a tough loss and this was it hopefully.

why dont you learn that 5 seconds is a violation numb nuts

Calm down man. Bulls played like crap the entire game until they decided to step it up. The refs made some terrible calls but it's the NBA should be used to it by now.

stlbest5in2013
04-23-2011, 05:34 PM
indiana did deserve to win, that said they tried to give it away, then the refs clear as day bailed them out

SteveNash
04-27-2011, 11:29 PM
Looked like interference to me on McDyess.

At least they got the Ginobili play right. About they only thing they did get right that went in the Grizzlies favor.

ChiTownPacerFan
04-28-2011, 12:28 AM
How about home vs. away free throw attempts today? 99-61, in favor of the home teams. That's a difference of almost 13 free throw attempts per game. Oh yeah, and all three home teams won nailbiters.

SteveNash
04-28-2011, 12:43 AM
I didn't watch much of the Thunder-Nuggets game, but yeah Stern desperately wants them to be the next big thing. I wonder if it will turn into Heat 06 for them when they run into trouble.

TheShock45
04-28-2011, 12:45 AM
Sixer got absolute ****ing ****. They might not of had the talent to win but the refs gave miami everything. NBA is obviously becoming a joke, they deserve a lockout, they deserve to get paid less, they need less teams and they deserve a lower hard cap with no way around it. Stern's a joke too.

Dash
04-28-2011, 01:00 AM
Well clearly Bulls Fans And Heat Fans will dissagree, Pacers and Phili will agree, ****** team like Detroit and Toronto will just laugh :D

KINGBAIZE
04-28-2011, 01:17 AM
That was a damn backcourt on K. Durant.......that was bs.