PDA

View Full Version : Pacers' coach Vogel praises Rose

Cubsfan365
04-16-2011, 06:40 PM
In the press conference after the game, he said Rose has Allen Iverson's speed, Jason Kidd's vision, Chauncey Billups' shooting, and Michael Jordan's athletic ability. Those are amazing words of praise from a fellow NBA coach.

Cano4prez
04-16-2011, 06:41 PM
He definitely doesn't have Billups' shooting or Kidd's vision but he's a great player

5ass
04-16-2011, 06:48 PM
He definitely doesn't have Billups' shooting or Kidd's vision but he's a great player

for sure

The John Wall
04-16-2011, 06:51 PM
No way in hell he has Jason Kidd's court vision.

Ovratd1up
04-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Obviously he has neither Billups' shooting ability, Kidd's vision or MJ's athleticism, though it's comparable for his position. He has a chance to improve his shooting ability and I think that it could reach Billups status in the future, but not now. He'll never have Kidd's vision though.

dnewguy
04-16-2011, 06:54 PM
In the press conference after the game, he said Rose has Allen Iverson's speed, Jason Kidd's vision, Chauncey Billups' shooting, and Michael Jordan's athletic ability. Those are amazing words of praise from a fellow NBA coach.

:speechless:

netsgiantsyanks
04-16-2011, 06:55 PM
i agree. he is nowhere near jason kidd in terms of court vision or nowhere near billups when it comes to shooting. but i agree with the other two comparisons to a extent.

Crackadalic
04-16-2011, 06:57 PM
D-rose praise Billups for mentoring him over FIBA basketball so i see some similarity

Cubs Win
04-16-2011, 06:57 PM
And he's only 22...

Chronz
04-16-2011, 07:00 PM
How is saying blatantly false qualities about a player a compliment?

That's like someone complimenting my girls huge ****, when shes walking around in a b cup. Id think the guy was an *** hole

DROSE4MVP
04-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Chronz... just shut up, man. Like really... I see you in every Rose thread and it's never something positive. Just go away if you don't have something to say other than dissing Rose.

hugepatsfan
04-16-2011, 07:03 PM
I agree on AIs speed and, to a certain extent, MJ's athleticism. But I don't nderstand how you can compare him as a shooter to Billups, especially from deep. Same w/ saying he has Kidd's court vision.

Crackadalic
04-16-2011, 07:03 PM

That's like someone complimenting my girls huge ****, when shes walking around in a b cup. Id think the guy was an *** hole

Just because he has those qualities doesnt mean he does it as good as those name players.

Sadds The Gr8
04-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Jason Kidd vision?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

MiamiWadeCounty
04-16-2011, 07:07 PM
AI's Speed: Yeah I could see that. Rose might be the fastest player in the game.

Jason Kidd's Vision: Not at all. He only had 6 assists this game and only one great look inside that was rememberable.

Chauncey Billups' Shooting: This is ridiculous, especially on a night where Rose was like 1/11 from 3. If he had said Billups' late-game intangibles or ability to lead a team in the 4th, I would agree for the most part.

MJ's Athletic Ability: Rose is extremely athletic as a point guard and while he isn't on MJ's level I can see a comparison to an extent.

Basketash
04-16-2011, 07:23 PM
ai's speed: Yeah i could see that. Rose might be the fastest player in the game.

Jason kidd's vision: Not at all. He only had 6 assists this game and only one great look inside that was rememberable.

Chauncey billups' shooting: This is ridiculous, especially on a night where rose was like 1/11 from 3. If he had said billups' late-game intangibles or ability to lead a team in the 4th, i would agree for the most part.

Mj's athletic ability: Rose is extremely athletic as a point guard and while he isn't on mj's level i can see a comparison to an extent.

+1

pd1dish
04-16-2011, 07:23 PM
everyone in this thread is an idiot for taking what the opposing coach said after a loss in the playoffs serious. the media probably asked how he thought rose played, and that was his response. hes just saying the politically correct thing. hes not going to say "he killed us in the paint but his three point shot could use some work".

smith&wesson
04-16-2011, 07:25 PM
he is athletic, but i dont think he is MJ athletic

he has vision, but he dont have jason kidd in his prime vision

and he certainly doesnt have chauncy "big shot billups" shooting ability.

Drose is good at all those things, but not exactly on the level of the players mentioned. thats not to say when he retires he couldnt be known for being as good or better. but as of right now i dont agree. he has lots of time to prove us all wrong though.

mjt20mik
04-16-2011, 07:27 PM
AI's Speed: Yeah I could see that. Rose might be the fastest player in the game.

Jason Kidd's Vision: Not at all. He only had 6 assists this game and only one great look inside that was rememberable.

Chauncey Billups' Shooting: This is ridiculous, especially on a night where Rose was like 1/11 from 3. If he had said Billups' late-game intangibles or ability to lead a team in the 4th, I would agree for the most part.

MJ's Athletic Ability: Rose is extremely athletic as a point guard and while he isn't on MJ's level I can see a comparison to an extent.

This. However you can argue for his size, he is probably pretty close to MJ's athletic ability.

TheHoopsProphet
04-16-2011, 07:27 PM
its **** like this media...its **** like this.

Rndy
04-16-2011, 07:28 PM
lol I wish but it's a nice thing to say. I'd settle for calling him a winner because thats all he wants to be known for. He doesn't need to sit in a conference room after every single game He just wants to ween.

dtmagnet
04-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Chronz... just shut up, man. Like really... I see you in every Rose thread and it's never something positive. Just go away if you don't have something to say other than dissing Rose.

If you don't like it theres an ignore button, you don't have the right to tell another member not to post, especially a member who has been here far longer than you.

stawka
04-16-2011, 07:51 PM
He has LeBron's athleticism, Spudd Webb's hops, Kobe's killer instinct, Jordan's GOATness, Shaq's strength, Dwight's agility, Hakeem's post moves, Reggie's outside touch, Magic's leadershipnessessesssss

stawka
04-16-2011, 07:52 PM
No1 seemed to mention that if Danny Granger didn't have the chokingnessessess of Jenna Jamison, this thread wouldn't exist

Badluck33
04-16-2011, 08:09 PM
rose is over rated

/thread

pd7631
04-16-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm sorry, but when did Chauncey Billups become this godly shooter? He is a career 41% shooter!! He is a good 3 point shooter, but this guy is not the measuring stick for comparing shooters.

MiamiWadeCounty
04-16-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm sorry, but when did Chauncey Billups become this godly shooter? He is a career 41% shooter!! He is a good 3 point shooter, but this guy is not the measuring stick for comparing shooters.

The reason why he is considered a measuring stick is because he is a point guard. There aren't too many true point guards in the league that shoot as well as Billups. Not to mention he is one of the most clutch shooters in the game today.

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Exaggeration much???

The great coach Vogel needs to relax with his comparisons. The only one that can be true is AI's speed.

DeadlyVeyerus31
04-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Love the hate! Keep it coming boys!

John Walls Era
04-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Did he just diss all 4 of those players...

HuRRiCaNeS324
04-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Love the hate! Keep it coming boys!

Damn!!!!!

I didnt know Derrick ROse was a PSD member. How does it feel to have everyone on your dick?

Chronz
04-16-2011, 08:37 PM

Show me where I dissed rose, you should look around this thread and see what's being said of the comparisons.

That you interpret the truth to come off as hate is how big of a fan boy your willing to be

DROSE4MVP
04-16-2011, 08:41 PM
If you don't like it theres an ignore button, you don't have the right to tell another member not to post, especially a member who has been here far longer than you.

So because I have fewer posts than him that means I can't say anything to him? Ask everyone around here, man. He constantly pulls out stats or some other stupid stuff to downgrade Rose and it gets annoying. That's all.

DROSE4MVP
04-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Show me where I dissed rose, you should look around this thread and see what's being said of the comparisons.

That you interpret the truth to come off as hate is how big of a fan boy your willing to be

:laugh: Yeah, okay man. Whatever you say...

NYK BaLLaS
04-16-2011, 08:54 PM
coach str8 boosted it

MiamiWadeCounty
04-16-2011, 08:59 PM
So because I have fewer posts than him that means I can't say anything to him? Ask everyone around here, man. He constantly pulls out stats or some other stupid stuff to downgrade Rose and it gets annoying. That's all.
I agree the Rose hate is excessive by many posters, but how dare he go out and use stats to prove a point. :rolleyes:

Kashmir13579
04-16-2011, 09:06 PM
this is a thread, really? he went 0-9 from 3 today so how does he shoot like Billups. the Kidd comparison is laugh-worthy. i guess Steve Francis had Jordan's athletic ability as well.

John Walls Era
04-16-2011, 09:11 PM

Stats are stupid :laugh: :rolleyes: I guess gut feeling is a better indicator of skill.

DROSE4MVP
04-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Stats are stupid :laugh: :rolleyes: I guess gut feeling is a better indicator of skill.

I didn't say stats were stupid. I said the OTHER stuff he brings up is stupid. Can you read?

Draco
04-16-2011, 09:33 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to find out if I saw Jordan in more games than anyone on PSD and I don't think the athletic comparisons are too far off. If we're talking about Rose's ability to get anywhere on the floor that he wants to get to and make some ridiculous shots.. yeah, there's a comparison to be made.

Master Mind
04-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Why is this thread worthy again?

kArSoN RyDaH
04-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Jason Kidds Vision? Billups shooting? I think the guy was just a little shell shocked. Rose is good but he's not that good.

Nice to see him come through in the clutch though. He looked like Kobe out there in the 4th willing his team to a victory down by 10 with 4 minutes to go.

KnicksR4Real
04-16-2011, 10:04 PM
get real.

John Walls Era
04-16-2011, 10:04 PM
I didn't say stats were stupid. I said the OTHER stuff he brings up is stupid. Can you read?

when you say "or other stupid stuff" you're implying the previous to be stupid as well. Can you not understand english?

kArSoN RyDaH
04-16-2011, 10:08 PM
This is like the 4th or 5th game I've seen DRose close and come through with the win. And I've only watched around 4 or 5 Bulls games. Lol. #Beast.

Cool007
04-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Lost in the translation is that it's not if Rose does ACTUALLY have those things. It's that Pacers coach THINKS he has it.

That means How he thinks of Rose. Meaning that he is just waiving white flag by saying "How can you guard this guy? He beats us in so many different ways that we just have no answer".

So Quit bashing Rose please.

kArSoN RyDaH
04-16-2011, 10:09 PM
If it was Pop, PJ, Doc, or Sloan saying this then it would carry a little more merit.

101flyboy
04-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Easy to say all this hours after choking a lead. If the Pacers would have won he probably would have said nothing like this.

levignjw
04-16-2011, 11:30 PM
As much as I hate Chicago sports in general, I would give both of my nuts to have him on the Pistons. Dude is a stud.

Kannon81
04-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Jason Kidds Vision? Billups shooting? I think the guy was just a little shell shocked. Rose is good but he's not that good.

Nice to see him come through in the clutch though. He looked like Kobe out there in the 4th willing his team to a victory down by 10 with 4 minutes to go.

So he is not like Kidd or Billups, but he is like Kobe? You sir make no sense.

jmcelligott92
04-16-2011, 11:57 PM
Haha just because Vogel says it does it mean its true? No. So who gives a **** lol

Redbull
04-17-2011, 12:34 AM
I don't even agree with the Jason Kidd court vision and I'm a Bulls fan.

sargon21
04-17-2011, 12:37 AM
it's more of a metaphor of how great he thinks rose is and not necessarily that he has the specified skills of the players listed mastered

WickedBadMan
04-17-2011, 12:44 AM
Was pretty dumb comment considering 2 of the 4 comparisons are fairly laughable.

I think it would have been funny if he said, "And the 3-point shooting of Shaq." I mean, who compliments the other teams player like this in the playoffs after game 1?

naps
04-17-2011, 01:00 AM
Hahaha...most overrated player of all time?

D1JM
04-17-2011, 01:05 AM
Hahaha...most overrated player of all time?

yea he is and what are you going to do about it?

D Roses Bulls
04-17-2011, 01:14 AM
I don't even agree with the Jason Kidd court vision and I'm a Bulls fan.

at first I didn't either, but it made me look up some of his assists this year including today. and made me rewatch the passes today and the pass to noah for the dunk and the pass coming across to korver was just insane. those are j kidd type of passes. that was my knock on rose when he came into the league was that I thought he didn't pass well, but man the dude can pass. he has nice court vision

D Roses Bulls
04-17-2011, 01:16 AM
Was pretty dumb comment considering 2 of the 4 comparisons are fairly laughable.

I think it would have been funny if he said, "And the 3-point shooting of Shaq." I mean, who compliments the other teams player like this in the playoffs after game 1?

the shooting of billups was the only laughable thing really and even when rose was shooting the 3 at the beginning of the season so well he still wasn't in billups league. billups is mister big shot and i would say rose is as far as clutch wise.

D Roses Bulls
04-17-2011, 01:19 AM

derrick rose: making chronz eat his words one letter at a time :)

meloman1592
04-17-2011, 01:19 AM
Ai was faster but im not mad @ that comment. Mj was a lil more athletic but w.e, not mad @ that either. But billups shooting?????? Lmaoo wow. Billups is like 4th or 5th all time in 3s and u wanna compare rose? And kidd's vision???? No comment, that coach just wanted to suck rose off so he doesnt murder his team like that again.

Confusious
04-17-2011, 01:20 AM
No way in hell he has Jason Kidd's court vision.
John Wall does though, right? :rolleyes:

meloman1592
04-17-2011, 01:23 AM
Btw not hating on d rose @ all. The kids great but he isnt in billups league shooting wise or in kidds league when it comes to passing

D Roses Bulls
04-17-2011, 01:24 AM
Btw not hating on d rose @ all. The kids great but he isnt in billups league shooting wise or in kidds league when it comes to passing

I would rewatch the passes he made today including on the season. i thought it was crazy too at first but i watched some of roses passes and it made me rethink it, but yeah the billups comparison was a bad one.

WickedBadMan
04-17-2011, 01:40 AM
the shooting of billups was the only laughable thing really and even when rose was shooting the 3 at the beginning of the season so well he still wasn't in billups league. billups is mister big shot and i would say rose is as far as clutch wise.

Kidd's court vision was a stretch as well.

I'm not hating either, Rose is one of best players in league, but a player who actually had those 4 attributes would more or less be one of the best players ever - dude has barely gotten his feet wet in the league FFS.

D Roses Bulls
04-17-2011, 01:45 AM
Kidd's court vision was a stretch as well.

I'm not hating either, Rose is one of best players in league, but a player who actually had those 4 attributes would more or less be one of the best players ever - dude has barely gotten his feet wet in the league FFS.

ugh...... i dont know...... i would give rose a possible 2 and 3/4's at the least out of 4

MelkyNYY
04-17-2011, 01:57 AM

Every Bulls fan just likes seeing fans ride D-Rose's dick. This really needs a thread?

Can we just get a Derrick Rose Thread in the NBA forum please?

heatking
04-17-2011, 02:03 AM
If im any one of those 4 players i feel offended right now.

Rego247
04-17-2011, 02:06 AM
Yes to AI's speed.

No on everything else.

John Walls Era
04-17-2011, 02:09 AM
John Wall does though, right? :rolleyes:

Way closer. JW has a PG mentality. Its pretty bad when you need to drag rookies into a conversation to make Rose look good

D Roses Bulls
04-17-2011, 02:13 AM
Way closer. JW has a PG mentality. Its pretty bad when you need to drag rookies into a conversation to make Rose look good

oh man....... come on JWE, I know you are better than this. wall will never be in roses class. Book It!!!

John Walls Era
04-17-2011, 02:23 AM
oh man....... come on JWE, I know you are better than this. wall will never be in roses class. Book It!!!

Dont get me wrong, i want Wall to become Rose on offense, but Wall to me is just more of a pure point. Maybe its cuz Rose has to do everything on O, but thats just how i see it

Iggz53
04-17-2011, 02:40 AM
Rose is the sexual personification of happiness. True story.

barreleffact
04-17-2011, 02:45 AM
Back to the topic... I would have praised Rose too. The guy feeds off negativity. Realistically, Rose could have dropped 50 tonight. Yes he only had 39 points, but went 0-9 from 3. If he even hit his 3's like normal he would have made 3 of them and had 48 points...you know he would have scored 2 more for 50

edit: Wow! I didnt see how he praised him...umm....no. Rose has none of those characteristics IMO. Kidd's vision was historic, AI's speed was greater than anyone currently playing, Billups shoots better from 3 than from 2, and MJ had a supposed 48" vert. in no way are any of those compliments close to true

but rose is a great player for the skills he does possess

MelkyNYY
04-17-2011, 02:50 AM
:facepalm:

championships
04-17-2011, 03:44 AM
And who is Vogel? Oh Yeah a coach who got into the playoffs with a 37-45 record. Since he said it, it must be true.

smiddy012
04-17-2011, 04:40 AM
Theres many people in Chicago who think Rose is the most athletic player we've ever had.

BULLSFAN0810
04-17-2011, 04:53 AM
If Rose isnt faster than Ai...who faster than him now? who other than A.i is faster? If Rose doesnt have Kidds vision why is he top 10 in assist on a team with no person who can really get there own shot,and the ppl who Rose get shots for how many of them are legit number 2s that are knockdwn shooters or post ?NONE. Billups is clutch but he is no Steve Nash.all the coach was saying was you have to RESPECT his jump shot coming off of screens like you do Billups bc they wil pop off screens and hit the jumper,and he will game you from deep if need be like Billups. and as far as MJ athletic ability...do you see the guy hanging jumping from outside the lane,dunking over ppl...HOW I KNOW DROSE IS GOOD...PPL ARE H8ing HIM...IF HE WASNT THIS GOOD ..ITLL BE LIKE THE DURANT DISCUSSION....QUITE MURMURS..PUT YOUR PG UP AGAINST ROSE AND HE'lL SMOKE THEM TOO...ROSE>LBJ. BETTER JUMMPER ..DOESNT HURT THE TEAM WHEN HE POUNDS THE ROCK. GOT HIS OWN TEAM DIDNT HAVTA JUMP SHIP TO GET HELP. GOT THE #1 SEED,Been WHIPPING HEADS ALLL YEAR STILL NO RESPECT..MJ GOT YALL STILL SCARED..YOU GUYS DONT WANT US TO GET IT LIKE THAT AGAIN...GUESS WHAT???? TOOO LATE. WE CAN BEAT MIAMI,BOSTON AND LA....MIAMI ESPCALLY

John Walls Era
04-17-2011, 05:09 AM
If Rose isnt faster than Ai...who faster than him now? who other than A.i is faster? If Rose doesnt have Kidds vision why is he top 10 in assist on a team with no person who can really get there own shot,and the ppl who Rose get shots for how many of them are legit number 2s that are knockdwn shooters or post ?NONE. Billups is clutch but he is no Steve Nash.all the coach was saying was you have to RESPECT his jump shot coming off of screens like you do Billups bc they wil pop off screens and hit the jumper,and he will game you from deep if need be like Billups. and as far as MJ athletic ability...do you see the guy hanging jumping from outside the lane,dunking over ppl...HOW I KNOW DROSE IS GOOD...PPL ARE H8ing HIM...IF HE WASNT THIS GOOD ..ITLL BE LIKE THE DURANT DISCUSSION....QUITE MURMURS..PUT YOUR PG UP AGAINST ROSE AND HE'lL SMOKE THEM TOO...ROSE>LBJ. BETTER JUMMPER ..DOESNT HURT THE TEAM WHEN HE POUNDS THE ROCK. GOT HIS OWN TEAM DIDNT HAVTA JUMP SHIP TO GET HELP. GOT THE #1 SEED,Been WHIPPING HEADS ALLL YEAR STILL NO RESPECT..MJ GOT YALL STILL SCARED..YOU GUYS DONT WANT US TO GET IT LIKE THAT AGAIN...GUESS WHAT???? TOOO LATE. WE CAN BEAT MIAMI,BOSTON AND LA....MIAMI ESPCALLY

^ if you formatted your paragraph......PROPERLY THEN MAY BE>> PEOPLE WILLACTUALLY READ WHAT YOU WROTE!!...BUT GUESS WHAT???? TOOO LATE. NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU WROTE..... ME ESPCALLY.

Actually I read what you wrote... and I disagree 100% because it didn't really make much sense. You brought no evidence to the table except personal feelings.

championships
04-17-2011, 05:16 AM

:drunk:

We'll see

daricoliver
04-17-2011, 07:19 AM
I will get hammered for this but DRose is a superior athlete to MJ. Do not confuse this statement for a better player. What made MJ was his drive and energy. He had above average athletic ability to be sure but what made MJ was his competitive nature, even in practice he went at it. He had the will to win and the will to personally achieve. There has never been another player in the NBA that has had the same level of drive.

Minimal
04-17-2011, 07:37 AM
Cmon people seriously...
He is a great player.
Allen Iverson's speed - agree.
Jason Kidd's vision - false. Rose has average court vision, he might improve it with years, but right now watching him play I don't see that great of court vision from him.
Chauncey Billups shooting - false. Rose is shooting 44% from the floor while most of his shots come near the rim and 33% from 3PT. How is that Billups shooting? You can say Chris Paul and Steve Nash have Billups shooting, not Rose.
Michael Jordans athletic ability - well he is atletical for PG, but I can say Westbrook is as much athletical as Rose, so that will mean Westbrook also is as atletical as MJ?

Rose reminds me of Allen Iverson, who was put in a much better situation than AI himself, nothing more as of right now.

tredigs
04-17-2011, 08:12 AM

Hahahaha, did he? I don't even think you can make an argument that he has any of those characteristics other than the speed, but... props?

tredigs
04-17-2011, 08:18 AM
I will get hammered for this but DRose is a superior athlete to MJ. Do not confuse this statement for a better player. What made MJ was his drive and energy. He had above average athletic ability to be sure but what made MJ was his competitive nature, even in practice he went at it. He had the will to win and the will to personally achieve. There has never been another player in the NBA that has had the same level of drive.

Were you alive to watch Michael Jordan in the 80's? "Above average" athletic ability? Hahah... yeah, just a tad. I don't even know where to go with this statement.

People are starting to forget just how incredible Air Jordan was. D. Rose pales on every level man - that includes athleticism. Let me know when he can double-clutch smash from 15 feet and we can revisit this...

Q_bully
04-17-2011, 08:49 AM
He's the best basketball player of all-time then?

And he should win a championship every single year.

Rose=God of basketball

BULLSFAN0810
04-17-2011, 11:47 AM
^ if you formatted your paragraph......PROPERLY THEN MAY BE>> PEOPLE WILLACTUALLY READ WHAT YOU WROTE!!...BUT GUESS WHAT???? TOOO LATE. NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU WROTE..... ME ESPCALLY.

Actually I read what you wrote... and I disagree 100% because it didn't really make much sense. You brought no evidence to the table except personal feelings.

Personal feelings? Maybe ...But who is faster than Rose, if is A.i was the fastest period ?

Billups shooting? I guess since your a hater in some sense, i guess you didnt see Rose game or hit a clutch shot(or PASS) we neeed on MANY occasison this year...yeah he shots low 40s but Bullips wasnt no pure shooter either, he was just a clutch player...really if you ask around Bullips whole shooting game prior to him winning was considered "streaky" and he (coach ) was trying to say imo was rose takes on the responsibility like a Billups to take those last shots. So yeah i consider Rose streaky because you havta respect his 3 . You can go under the screen all you like bc he will stroke you...Rose is no Nash, but to say He isnt a respected shooter now is absurb.

Vision/athleticism: Dude ,did you not see the penetrating hanging pass back out to the 3 to Korver for game? did you not see the spining pivot lay -up with english ...the one he finshed at the rim and the one where he did a floater in the paint? did you not see the chest bullet pass on the fast break to Noah for a dunk? there has never been a PG with his skill set ever... BIG FAST AND STRONG. So yeah i see the comparisions to KIDD a big PG who is unselfish and can jump over you like MJ...he has a 42 inch vert ,FOOL.

Maybe ppl need to watch Rose and stop watching their home team bc they are fooled in all senses of the word.

and PS your sn is JOHN WALL...THE GUY WHO WASHINGTON DRAFTED TO EVENTUALLY TURN OUT TO BE THEIR DROSE...FAIL . THERE ARE NO COPIES, JUST POOR MANS VERSIONs..

ALS5
04-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Too early to dudge who was greater. Rose right now is playing the best ball on an individual level but that will not get a ring. As far as the Coach saying how can you guard a man like that was the wrong thing to say when you are trying to beat that man and his team. What kind of message does that send to your players.

To be the best you need to take your team to the promise land. No one will remember how good you were if you are not holding the championship trophy up high and riding in a parade honoring you!

coolio136
04-17-2011, 12:12 PM

I didn't read your post at all, but there is 1 thing that grazed my eye. Rose is not even close to as good as Lebron. Now that I have read your evidence Lebron hurts his team? You guys have been bottom feeding for the last month and a half, wait till you run into a brick wall soon. You cant just play offense with 1 player and once you play a team with an interior defense Rose won't be doing those Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon layups anymore.

k.smith904
04-17-2011, 12:16 PM
it has dawned on me that the entire NBA forum has nothing better to do than hate on Rose.

I think we can all agree that Vogel exaggerated, just let it go haters...
:facepalm:

BULLSFAN0810
04-17-2011, 12:18 PM
I didn't read your post at all, but there is 1 thing that grazed my eye. Rose is not even close to as good as Lebron. Now that I have read your evidence Lebron hurts his team? You guys have been bottom feeding for the last month and a half, wait till you run into a brick wall soon. You cant just play offense with 1 player and once you play a team with an interior defense Rose won't be doing those Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon layups anymore.

IMO rose is better ...for one he is a PURE PG...which means hes suppose to have the rock . rose aint no hybrid player w/o a jumpshot, who when w/o the rock is not as good ,like some other player. by definition of PG rose is superior to LBJ...LBJ cant shoot, which makes him a liability at end games.By definition LBj is PG,and he cant shoot...which kills the team..which is why Miami struggled ..LBj cant do nothing other than ball hog with no shot...which is why Miami struggled.

yoseppii12
04-17-2011, 12:19 PM
I think the coach was referring more towards the game itself. Although he didn't shoot any jumpers inside the 3 at all! And he was 0-9 for 3s so lol? So I don't know why he did the name drop on Billups.

Anyways, yeah coming from the head cpach of the Pacers thanks buttttttt i don't really care. I think a better comparison would be this;

AI's speed, Westbrook's athleticism, LeBron's vision, Wade's late game and around the rim heroics, and...I guess the closest shot he resembles to me is kind of like step or two down from Jordan's. He doesn't make a lot of threes. Look at Roses shooting numbers subtracting all 3 pt attempts its like 50%+.

I think what sets Rose apart from a lot of players is he is a do-it-all kind of player. IMO, the easiest person to compare him to is LeBron. He is just a mini-lebron all the way through. Obviously, lebron is better then him because he is not mini!

SteBO
04-17-2011, 12:35 PM
IMO rose is better ...for one he is a PURE PG...which means hes suppose to have the rock . rose aint no hybrid player w/o a jumpshot, who when w/o the rock is not as good ,like some other player. by definition of PG rose is superior to LBJ...LBJ cant shoot, which makes him a liability at end games.By definition LBj is PG,and he cant shoot...which kills the team..which is why Miami struggled ..LBj cant do nothing other than ball hog with no shot...which is why Miami struggled.

1) Ugh, first off, LeBron is a SF. He just has superior ball-handling and vision to Rose, and stats as well as actually watching LeBron play will tell you that.

2) LeBron can't shoot, but Rose can? LeBron is shooting a career high 51% compared to Rose's 44% for the year. Again, watch the games and you will see this.

3) MIA struggled because of unfamiliarty with each other, not LeBron's shooting and if by definition of "ballhog" means averaging about 8 assists per game, then I guess Rose is a ballhog as well, because he averages about the same amount. I also hope you're aware that Rose is accounting for 41% of Chicago's total offense. In other words, the offense is all Rose all the time(most of the time really, since I know Deng has been very consistent this year). I guess this means Rose is a ballhog as well.

I find it hilarious that a lot of Bulls fans are accusing others of "hating" on Rose because they provide facts, but criticizing LeBron without using any source of logic or reasoning is called "factual information". :shrug: Seriously, why the double-standard? It's very silly.

Bg7getclutch
04-17-2011, 12:39 PM

Your jealous.

Iggz53
04-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Cmon people seriously...
He is a great player.
Allen Iverson's speed - agree.
Jason Kidd's vision - false. Rose has average court vision, he might improve it with years, but right now watching him play I don't see that great of court vision from him.
Chauncey Billups shooting - false. Rose is shooting 44% from the floor while most of his shots come near the rim and 33% from 3PT. How is that Billups shooting? You can say Chris Paul and Steve Nash have Billups shooting, not Rose.
Michael Jordans athletic ability - well he is atletical for PG, but I can say Westbrook is as much athletical as Rose, so that will mean Westbrook also is as atletical as MJ?

Rose reminds me of Allen Iverson, who was put in a much better situation than AI himself, nothing more as of right now.

Well yeah, obviously Rose isn't all of those things. It's just a comment about how Rose has so many great intangibles.

However, I will say this about his shooting. Don't be distracted by his 44% shooting, he is an outstanding midrange jump-shooter. (Not to mention, Chauncey shoots 40% every year). Rose's 3 is very inconsistent at this point, but from 16-23 feet, he has shot better than Billups the last 3 years, and this while having twice the amount of attempts. He has been trying to expand his range this year to beyond the arc and it's coming along nicely (not there yet but getting there).

BALLER71
04-17-2011, 01:11 PM
"Chauncey Billups' shooting"

Yeah that was evident in his 0-9 from 3PT and 10-23 in total from the field.

k.smith904
04-17-2011, 01:22 PM
hey another thread about Rose being swarmed by jealous heat fans.

save yourself the time it takes to type out your opinion and instead just say "heat fan here."

everyone will instantly know your opinion on the topic at hand.

speed of AI - yes
vision of Kidd - no
shooting of Chauncey - maybe in a couple years, but not right now
athletic ability of MJ - yes

koreancabbage
04-17-2011, 01:22 PM
1) Ugh, first off, LeBron is a SF. He just has superior ball-handling and vision to Rose, and stats as well as actually watching LeBron play will tell you that.

2) LeBron can't shoot, but Rose can? LeBron is shooting a career high 51% compared to Rose's 44% for the year. Again, watch the games and you will see this.

3) MIA struggled because of unfamiliarty with each other, not LeBron's shooting and if by definition of "ballhog" means averaging about 8 assists per game, then I guess Rose is a ballhog as well, because he averages about the same amount. I also hope you're aware that Rose is accounting for 41% of Chicago's total offense. In other words, the offense is all Rose all the time(most of the time really, since I know Deng has been very consistent this year). I guess this means Rose is a ballhog as well.

I find it hilarious that a lot of Bulls fans are accusing others of "hating" on Rose because they provide facts, but criticizing LeBron without using any source of logic or reasoning is called "factual information". :shrug: Seriously, why the double-standard? It's very silly.

to be honest, thats the only thing i disagree with in your whole argument.

SteBO
04-17-2011, 01:30 PM
to be honest, thats the only thing i disagree with in your whole argument.
Lol I actually didn't mean to put that. I guess I was thinking back to another thread. You're correct. :)

Minimal
04-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Well yeah, obviously Rose isn't all of those things. It's just a comment about how Rose has so many great intangibles.

However, I will say this about his shooting. Don't be distracted by his 44% shooting, he is an outstanding midrange jump-shooter. (Not to mention, Chauncey shoots 40% every year). Rose's 3 is very inconsistent at this point, but from 16-23 feet, he has shot better than Billups the last 3 years, and this while having twice the amount of attempts. He has been trying to expand his range this year to beyond the arc and it's coming along nicely (not there yet but getting there).
If he wanted to say that Rose is outstanding shooter (I think that was the intention of that comment), he should have not compared him with Billups right now, he should have compared him with Nash or Paul.

Rose / Nash

At Rim - 60% / 72.8%
3-9 Feet - 39.7% / 50.5%
10-15 Feet - 42% / 50.7%
16-23 Feet - 38% / 44%
Threes - 33% / 39.5%

Is that even a bit near Nash' shooting?
Intention of those comment were to say that Rose is the most complete PG in NBA (Best PG), which is not true, Chris Paul is still the most complete PG in NBA. Media and all the people around should stop pimping Rose, because it goes over the limit.

thebet
04-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Everything he said sounds about right, honestly.

arkanian215
04-17-2011, 02:27 PM

lol

minervamob
04-17-2011, 02:32 PM
I think what he meant by Billups' shooting is his clutch shots at the end and he overexaggerated with kidd's vision because he made that key pass to korver when the defense zoned in on him in the paint. He sounds like a man who watched his 10 point lead with 3 and half minutes to play be dominished solely because of one man. Wouldnt you guys have some unbelievable things to say if it happened to your team? I mean **** we all saw it. Derrick Rose is amazing. Hes just proving that numbers arent the only thing that makes a MVP. Even though his numbers are MVP type numbers. Give the man his due respect.

minervamob
04-17-2011, 02:37 PM
People also tend to forget he's only 22, in his 3rd year and getting better all the time. Where was nash and Billups at this age or even year 3? Be serious people, stop being idiots because you're mad hes getting media attention this year. He works hard and he deserves to be up there with LeBron. You people cant wait for him to slip up like Kobe and Lebron when it comes to personality and bad press.

Chronz
04-17-2011, 02:43 PM
Yea the comment about his vision was the most ridiculous

OnWisconsin2007
04-17-2011, 02:53 PM
I heard Derrick Rose was the greatest basketball player not only today, but of all time. He has MJ's clutchness, Magic Johnson's court-vision, Spudd Webb's vertical, Larry Bird's shooting skills, Dr. J's dunking ability and Wilt Chamberlain's inside game....

BULLSFAN0810
04-17-2011, 03:03 PM

ok...heres logic from a D1 player...im not goat or jesus, i just know ball...

NOW I WILL EDUCATE SOME...In Basketball the 2 most important concensus positions are PG and C. You get a dominate game changer that plays this position by definition you have a top player. Any other position is considered secondary. And if any secondary player is an elite player chances are he is ball dominate which kills the team concept.

The top players IMO are dwight Howard and Rose. reason because they personafy what playing that position means. I.e Indiana said you stop Rose you stop the Bulls ...They played Rose very well ...he still had 39. The reason why is because a TRUE BALL DOMINATE PG is still a very good decision maker and is a passer first,BUT knows when to score,and how to get other people off and when they are in their comfort zone. Rose shoots alotta shots but no one seems to be struggling to get their shots because he understands an open shot is better than him shooting a contested shot...KORVER OPEN GAME PT. He and LBJ seem to be equal somewhat in this area...but the part that set them apart is this, LBJ isnt a true PG ...how many times you see him take a bogus jumper this year with Wade open ? i seen twice....how many times you seen BJ pass to a bum when he shoulda chucked it up? i seen twice.... LBj isnt a clutch player..and im not talking getting to the line with seconds left...im talking hitting the open jumper. consistantly passing it to open player at rthe right time. LBJ is a hybrid player with very good decision skills but bruce bowen held him down. Why because he didnt havta respect the jumper therefore you press LBJ and prepare for the drive...HENCE WHY IGoUDALA HOLDS LBJ TO HIS WORSE %. NOW PUT Rondo on Rose IMO the best defensive PG and Rose kills him....You put Wade on Rose and he keeps killing Wade....What does LBj do? Chuck up shots...he doesnt post and shown no wanting to even though he is 6'8 260. And to say he is getting use to new players is BULLSHYTx10000 Rose has 6 new players and his two main bigs hurt most of the year......JUST EXCEPT IT ROSE IS BETTER

And Marbury ave 10ast. at one point tooo...stats are great,but fool gold comes in all packages...someone showed me a stat where Deng was a better player than Melo...Deng a person who needs someone to get his points set up for him vs a standalone scorer...wtf... Rose ave 8 ast lbj ave 8 ast...difference is Rose has a better jumper and is a PURE PG So he keeps ppl involved...LBJ doesnt make no one better like Rose does Deng.A dominate C and Pg makes it easier for you to play reddicks and korvers bc defensively a true C like Howrd erases alota mistakes and makes the def converge so he can pass it to open shooters...a true pg penetrates to find ez buckets and get ppl open shots...sounds alike huh?.boooyow!

Chronz
04-17-2011, 03:06 PM
I heard Derrick Rose was the greatest basketball player not only today, but of all time. He has MJ's clutchness, Magic Johnson's court-vision, Spudd Webb's vertical, Larry Bird's shooting skills, Dr. J's dunking ability and Wilt Chamberlain's inside game....

Brilliant post give him kobes drive, pippens defensive tenacity, bill waltons intelligence, cwebbs hands, reggies off the ball know how, dantleys post game, wests wingspan and ability to play through pain. Oh and he will have stocktons longevity so he will be this good forever.

Sofnr
04-17-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm sure Vogel doesn't believe all those things. Rose puts on such a show that people tend to overreact. The man is definitely fun to watch. Vogel's quote wasn't even the best of the night. When Granger was asked if he ever felt safe with the lead this was his response.

"With Derrick Rose on the other team? No," Granger said. "With Derrick Rose on the other team, no. It's like a crazy stalker ex-girlfriend. Every time you tell her you don't want to talk to her, she'll show up at your door again."

OnWisconsin2007
04-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Rose is NOT better than LBJ. No way. He's never done anyting LeBron hasn't, and his stats aren't nearly as good. He's dominate, but don't say Rose is better than LeBron. Chicago homers make me sick...

Sofnr
04-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Rose is NOT better than LBJ. No way. He's never done anyting LeBron hasn't, and his stats aren't nearly as good. He's dominate, but don't say Rose is better than LeBron. Chicago homers make me sick...

Calm down. One person in this thread said he thought Rose was better then LBJ. He is wrong. You will rarely find Bulls fans who make that claim. But everytime one does their will be posters like you who can jump on here and rip on the fanbase.

Cubs Win
04-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Brilliant post give him kobes drive, pippens defensive tenacity, bill waltons intelligence, cwebbs hands, reggies off the ball know how, dantleys post game, wests wingspan and ability to play through pain. Oh and he will have stocktons longevity so he will be this good forever.

Don't take it too personally. :laugh2:

CowboysKB24
04-17-2011, 03:28 PM
He is a rare breed for sure, but Vogel went a little far.

daricoliver
04-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Calm down. One person in this thread said he thought Rose was better then LBJ. He is wrong. You will rarely find Bulls fans who make that claim. But everytime one does their will be posters like you who can jump on here and rip on the fanbase.

I don't think Rose is better overall, but I would rather have Rose than LBJ because he is much more of a clutch player. LBJ is truly a dominant player for the first 40 minutes of the game. Outside of that crazy shot last year in the playoffs when LBJ won a game for the Cavs, he has actually been subpar at the end of games. I would rather have Rose any day of the week at the end of the game versus LBJ.

BULLSFAN0810
04-17-2011, 03:43 PM

I SAID IT AND I STAND BY IT! WHAt has LBJ done other than get to the finals in a weak *** east at that moment and get blown the phh**** out? In 3 years in a super east and west Rose and company got us a number 1 seed. In 3 years Rose IS MVP...LBJ IT TOOK HIM 4 years to be at his best..He didnt come in killing from the start he shown he was great with potential but it took him awhile to get where he is now,just like Rose. LBJ came in with media backing saying he is King,no one in the NBA said he was King...But Rose,PPL are saying he is MVP Flatout on TV...When do you see grown *** men saying this person is better this year? And most time winners of MVP are top players. So lets be real,LBJ is great but even with Wade no one has elevated their game due to LBJ being there. But as far as Rose Deng whom i hated is now playing great. Why ? because Rose takes off all the pressure and dumbs the game down for them..LBJ shots too much ,couldnt get Bosh invovled...took Wade outta his comfort zone earlier because Wade needed his touches also...If you look back at what rose said last off season about LBJ coming to Chicago, he stated something like, he can come here if he sacrificd some of his game...which meant let the phucking ball go your no PG.

MelkyNYY
04-17-2011, 03:59 PM
I've never wanted a player to fail as much as I want D-Rose to fail now. Not because I hate D-Rose, because I don't, but because I hate D-Rose fans.

finalverse
04-17-2011, 04:08 PM
The PSD haters told me that Rose sucks so why would we listen to all these coaches, players, former players, GM's and sports analysists who say he is great?

BULLSFAN0810
04-17-2011, 04:15 PM
I've never wanted a player to fail as much as I want D-Rose to fail now. Not because I hate D-Rose, because I don't, but because I hate D-Rose fans.

So if you dont h8 rose why you wish HIM to fail? What i see here is a bunch of h8s still phucked up from 1992-2002. You h8 remember watchin TV with your Dad and seeing him get upset by MJ killing NY/Utah/Portland/LA/MIA/Orl/Ind. and it stuck with you. I understand ...you guys hate our smugness. How we,support our teams. How we get proud when they do good,and they do well in reality,while most of your teams fail, fall victim to bad GMs bad chemistry. Yeah we did you guys wrong,but gues what ? im not expecting us to win it all, this right here shows me if we do get a better Sg and or PF its over ....Our guy can beat your guy...and our guy plays at an impact position and Kobes old and their was 1 Jordan. So sit back,enjoy the Rose show.

smiddy012
04-17-2011, 04:15 PM

Nothing wrong with supporting a great stud who's got his head screwed on tight... that said there are always a bunch of fans from every group that are complete @$$E$ - usually they come onto PSD in the early morn after a few too many drinks or joints - and then precede to make a mockery of their fanbase.

That said Rose is comparable to AIs and MJs athleticism. Billups clutch shooting - yes - overall shooting - no - don't worry its coming though. Kidd's vision??? Heck no - if he's ever 75% the passer Kidd or Nash is he'll be very lucky (unlike the rest of the NBA). But to his credit his passing has gotten much better this year - his vision his rookie year to now is night and day.

2 reasons why the coach said these things IMO:

1 - The last few minutes I felt sorry for the coach - he just had this look like WTH am I supposed to do to stop this guy? We played pretty much a great game, he went 0-9 from downtown, yet we can't stop him.

2 - If I'm Vogal I want Rose to keep trying to do everything as my only real hope as a coach is to limit Rose and stop everyone else. Vogal could be trying to over-inflate Rose's ego but anyone who knows Rose knows thats nearly impossible.

MelkyNYY
04-17-2011, 04:21 PM
So if you dont h8 rose why you wish HIM to fail? What i see here is a bunch of h8s still phucked up from 1992-2002. You h8 remember watchin TV with your Dad and seeing him get upset by MJ killing NY/Utah/Portland/LA/MIA/Orl/Ind. and it stuck with you. I understand ...you guys hate our smugness. How we,support our teams. How we get proud when they do good,and they do well in reality,while most of your teams fail, fall victim to bad GMs bad chemistry. Yeah we did you guys wrong,but gues what ? im not expecting us to win it all, this right here shows me if we do get a better Sg and or PF its over ....Our guy can beat your guy...and our guy plays at an impact position and Kobes old and their was 1 Jordan. So sit back,enjoy the Rose show.

Michael Jordan is my favorite player of all-time, by the way.

--------------------------My Point------------------------------

Your head.

smiddy012
04-17-2011, 04:25 PM

This a good example of what I was referring to...

GodsSon
04-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Why was this thread even allowed to stay in the NBA forum and not moved to the Bulls forum?

Mods need to wake up. The NBA forum has been a complete joke the last few months.

MelkyNYY
04-17-2011, 04:32 PM
This a good example of what I was referring to...

Exactly. Any basketball fan can appreciate Rose's skill. We don't need his fanclub reminding us in every thread every 5 minutes. Half of these threads belong in the comparison forum. Even more of these threads belong in the Bulls forum. Hell, can we have an Official D. Rose Thread? Please?

Mods can't even suggest "If you don't like it, don't click the thread" because even threads that shouldn't be about D-Rose become about D-Rose.

northsider
04-17-2011, 04:36 PM
As a Bulls fan I ask if we can just get rid of any Rose thread in the NBA forum they have clearly not gone anywhere and I don't see what is so tough to see about that. Everyone of them mirrors the other. You can click on any page of one of the 30 Rose threads and it is the same ****ing people talking about the same thing.

And please don't say "who cares what people think" cause that has nothing to do with what I am getting at. We are just allowing overcrowded threads of ****ing flaming and bait wars continue in the NBA forum which is already considered a joke.

GodsSon
04-17-2011, 04:37 PM
As a Bulls fan I ask if we can just get rid of any Rose thread in the NBA forum they have clearly not gone anywhere and I don't see what is so tough to see about that. Everyone of them mirrors the other. You can click on any page of one of the 30 Rose threads and it is the same ****ing people talking about the same thing.

And please don't say "who cares what people think" cause that has nothing to do with what I am getting at. We are just allowing overcrowded threads of ****ing flaming and bait wars continue in the NBA forum which is already considered a joke.

I don't see how this wasn't closed or moved within 2 pages

Sadds The Gr8
04-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Why was this thread even allowed to stay in the NBA forum and not moved to the Bulls forum?

Mods need to wake up. The NBA forum has been a complete joke the last few months.

they think the Raps forum is worse, which is why they send 10 mods a day there :facepalm:

justinnum1
04-17-2011, 04:44 PM

:laugh2::clap::laugh2:

MelkyNYY
04-17-2011, 05:08 PM
I actually posted how terrible the NBA forum has been in the Feedback & Suggestions forum. I don't think the mods understand how bad it is. Half of these threads don't even belong here. If you want to compare players or talk about the best whatever of all-time, go to the comparison forum. If you want to fellate D-Rose, go to the Bulls forum.

coolio136
04-17-2011, 06:48 PM
ok...heres logic from a D1 player...im not goat or jesus, i just know ball...

NOW I WILL EDUCATE SOME...In Basketball the 2 most important concensus positions are PG and C. You get a dominate game changer that plays this position by definition you have a top player. Any other position is considered secondary. And if any secondary player is an elite player chances are he is ball dominate which kills the team concept.

The top players IMO are dwight Howard and Rose. reason because they personafy what playing that position means. I.e Indiana said you stop Rose you stop the Bulls ...They played Rose very well ...he still had 39. The reason why is because a TRUE BALL DOMINATE PG is still a very good decision maker and is a passer first,BUT knows when to score,and how to get other people off and when they are in their comfort zone. Rose shoots alotta shots but no one seems to be struggling to get their shots because he understands an open shot is better than him shooting a contested shot...KORVER OPEN GAME PT. He and LBJ seem to be equal somewhat in this area...but the part that set them apart is this, LBJ isnt a true PG ...how many times you see him take a bogus jumper this year with Wade open ? i seen twice....how many times you seen BJ pass to a bum when he shoulda chucked it up? i seen twice.... LBj isnt a clutch player..and im not talking getting to the line with seconds left...im talking hitting the open jumper. consistantly passing it to open player at rthe right time. LBJ is a hybrid player with very good decision skills but bruce bowen held him down. Why because he didnt havta respect the jumper therefore you press LBJ and prepare for the drive...HENCE WHY IGoUDALA HOLDS LBJ TO HIS WORSE %. NOW PUT Rondo on Rose IMO the best defensive PG and Rose kills him....You put Wade on Rose and he keeps killing Wade....What does LBj do? Chuck up shots...he doesnt post and shown no wanting to even though he is 6'8 260. And to say he is getting use to new players is BULLSHYTx10000 Rose has 6 new players and his two main bigs hurt most of the year......JUST EXCEPT IT ROSE IS BETTER

And Marbury ave 10ast. at one point tooo...stats are great,but fool gold comes in all packages...someone showed me a stat where Deng was a better player than Melo...Deng a person who needs someone to get his points set up for him vs a standalone scorer...wtf... Rose ave 8 ast lbj ave 8 ast...difference is Rose has a better jumper and is a PURE PG So he keeps ppl involved...LBJ doesnt make no one better like Rose does Deng.A dominate C and Pg makes it easier for you to play reddicks and korvers bc defensively a true C like Howrd erases alota mistakes and makes the def converge so he can pass it to open shooters...a true pg penetrates to find ez buckets and get ppl open shots...sounds alike huh?.boooyow!

Stop right there.

BklynKnicks3
04-17-2011, 09:06 PM
amare is a bum

chicago lulz
04-17-2011, 09:27 PM

It generates the most traffic/hits for the website :[

coolio136
04-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Can we just change the name of the NBA forum to the Bulls forum already?

SteBO
04-17-2011, 11:04 PM
I've decided that this thread has run its' course........