PDA

View Full Version : Lakers won't face a better opponent than the 2010 Celtics...

C-Style
04-16-2011, 03:24 AM
True or False? I think that last years Celtics will beat any team coming out East or West(except Lakers) this season. What are your thoughts?

Hellcrooner
04-16-2011, 03:39 AM
False.
THis years spurs ( if all healthy) would beat last years celtics.
This years thunder May beat last years celtics ( perkins and green plays one half with each team ;p)
This years celtics are better than last years.

kArSoN RyDaH
04-16-2011, 03:41 AM
I think this is completely true. That Celtic team last year was soooooo deep. It's going to be interesting seeing who the top dog is besides the Lakers this postseason. I really don't see any other team that would possibly beat those Celtics.

kArSoN RyDaH
04-16-2011, 03:42 AM
This years Spurs would not beat last years Celtics.
This years Thunder would not beat last years Celtics.

This years Celtics would not win. They would pre-perkins trade though. IMo.

Lakerhead4ever
04-16-2011, 03:58 AM
False.
This years thunder May beat last years celtics ( perkins and green plays one half with each team ;p)

You must of missed the whole season/Post-season last yrs to believe this yrs celtics is better than last yrs. wow. even celtic fans know that this yr celtics arent close tho this yrs

with that said, i still believe they are coming out of the east.

JDMVP
04-16-2011, 04:49 AM
True
That is why if the Lakers wont 3PEAT, it wont be because some other team were better than them. It will be because of themselves.

flclfanman
04-16-2011, 07:16 AM
False.

LA will have to go through a rejuvenated OKC team and Either Chi or Mia who are playing out of there minds atm.

JDMVP
04-16-2011, 08:47 AM
False.

LA will have to go through a rejuvenated OKC team and Either Chi or Mia who are playing out of there minds atm.

The OKC today are not better than the 2010 Celtics

Minimal
04-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Absolutely False.

The playoffs didn't even start we don't know the true faces of any team right now.

I bet the Heat and Celtics definitely didn't show all of their weapons in this regular season and we will only see them in this years playoffs.

flclfanman
04-16-2011, 09:22 AM
The OKC today are not better than the 2010 Celtics

Defensively? no, they aren't

Offensively? This OKC squad can drop 100 a night easily. They might not have a Big 3, but they do have two of the top 15 players in the NBA.

This OKC team gave LA fits last year w/o a legitimate big man and rebounding presence. Now they have Perkins who will match up against a fragile Bynum.

Don't sleep on OKC.

meloman1592
04-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Last years celtics might be better than any of the teams the lakers will face this year but i dont think the lakers are as good as they've been the last 2 yrs

Doogolas
04-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Kind of depends on who the Lakers play. If you're saying that no team in the NBA but the Lakers are as good as last year's Celtics, then I have to strongly disagree.

X12Celtics3
04-16-2011, 09:56 AM
False.

...was this meant to be a joke?

Q_bully
04-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Teams is on a arising in the east

Bulls
Knicks
Miami
And more, so the competition gonna be different in a few years.

Same for the west you got

Memphis
OKC
Clippers
And cetra.

Nikeman
04-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Not trying to reign down on the party, but why the **** does this matter??

This is 2011, not 2010 so who gives a **** who the best team L.A. played last year is.

Its annoying how everyone keeps crowning them champs already.

They lost 5 straight coming in to the playoffs, before beating SA, and I don't think there as good as past years. And isn't Bynum pretty banged up?

Sadds The Gr8
04-16-2011, 10:33 AM
False.

haha yea right. none of those teams would beat last years celtics

Hellcrooner
04-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Not trying to reign down on the party, but why the **** does this matter??

This is 2011, not 2010 so who gives a **** who the best team L.A. played last year is.

Its annoying how everyone keeps crowning them champs already.

They lost 5 straight coming in to the playoffs, before beating SA, and I don't think there as good as past years. And isn't Bynum pretty banged up?

care to find what was lakers record in the last month of regualr seaosn last year? :D

sep11ie
04-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Fail.

Way to reword a thread from yesterday.

John Walls Era
04-16-2011, 12:22 PM
False. This years Heat, Spurs and Bulls are just as good (if not better).

knicks4life33
04-16-2011, 01:20 PM
okc is goin be very dangerous this playoffs . with the acqusition of perkins and givin them a presence in the middle and defense . watch out for them

C-Style
04-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Kind of depends on who the Lakers play. If you're saying that no team in the NBA but the Lakers are as good as last year's Celtics, then I have to strongly disagree.

Well that's because I see the Lakers have improved with Bynum and Odom and to some extend the bench has also improved, now they are battle tested after that amazing 7 game series in the Finals.

C-Style
04-16-2011, 01:48 PM
False. This years Heat, Spurs and Bulls are just as good (if not better).

I dunno about that statement, Spurs play zero defense and have little to no size.

Bulls: will be exposed as the 3rd best team this season unfortunately for them Celtics and Heat will play in the 3rd round but the Bulls/Rose really don't scare anyone, I bet! and that has a lot to do with everything depending on just 1 player, Rose. We've seeing through history that u need to 3 legit stars...also the playoff inexperience will show.

Heat: we don't know so much because we haven't seen them play when it really matters(playoffs) but they have wholes than any other contender, they have no point guard and no Center. Last years Celtics would have ate up the Heat's Bigs and Rondo would have going to work on any PG from the Heat, All you got do is look at this season games.

The Celtics last year had no weaknesses.