PDA

View Full Version : Technical Fouls, were the Refs Fair?

DodgerBulls
04-16-2011, 01:50 AM
When we heard about the new guidelines for technical fouls right before the season started, most PSD went crazy.

Looking back now, were the refs fair about techs, were the players limited about how they expressed their emotions as we thought they were going to be?

Do you think there's an improvement at all?

NYYCowboys
04-16-2011, 02:09 AM
I personally thought they went a little too far with some calls. A lot of players feed off emotion, and I feel like the new technical foul rules really took that away. I think they should make the rules a little more lenient. The NBA I guess is trying to fix up it's image, but this really isn't helping IMO.

Geargo Wallace
04-16-2011, 02:29 AM
It's funny how commercials for the NBA will show players yelling and showing emotion. You can't even look in the direction of a member of the other team when you posterize them. I wish it was like back in the day when 2 stars could strangle each other and cause benches to clear. **** technicals! and **** carrots!!!!!

NYK4L
04-16-2011, 02:30 AM
I think it's worst, players can't react in any way to a bad call or celebrate to much because of fear they'll get a T. I'm all for a good example for the young fans but you can't take the fun right out of the game.

Covert
04-16-2011, 03:07 AM
The refs were brutally inconsistent the entire year on what was and wasn't a technical foul. I definitely saw the stars get away with a bit more. I feel like they're taking away the emotion of the game.