PDA

View Full Version : This is Probably Our Best Shot at a Kobe v. Lebron Finals

Tony_Starks
04-15-2011, 05:57 PM
For several reasons:

-Though Boston is very vulnerable and beatable this year who's to say what happens next year with a few tweeks and a training camp under their belt?

-Chicago is no doubt the team of the future in the East, haters be damned. This years playoff experience will only make them that much better next year.

-With a new coach next year its hard to imagine the Lakers making it right back to the finals. AND making the finals 4 years straight is damn near impossible these days...( Im assuming Lakers make it this year obviously)

-Portland and OKC are eventually going to make it there.

-Orlando always has a shot at the finals strictly off Dwight.

Basically all the stars are aligned this year so if this is a matchup you would like to see then these playoffs are probably your best shot.....

JordansBulls
04-15-2011, 05:59 PM
This may be Chicago's best chance at winning it all. Best record in the league and then the 2nd and 3rd best players on the team are fragile as hell. I have no doubt that Miami will get a few titles, but right now, this might be Chicago's best opportunity unless Noah and Boozer stop getting injured yearly.

King P
04-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Not happening

SteveNash
04-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't really worry about the Heat having trouble. And the West is pretty weak right now. Portland is always injured and OKC won't win a thing.

Tony_Starks
04-15-2011, 06:08 PM
This may be Chicago's best chance at winning it all. Best record in the league and then the 2nd and 3rd best players on the team are fragile as hell. I have no doubt that Miami will get a few titles, but right now, this might be Chicago's best opportunity unless Noah and Boozer stop getting injured yearly.

Im not even so sure about Noahs health heading into the playoffs. He's still not 100%. I like Chicago but I don't think they're ready quite just yet. Usually its a process. I see them getting to conference finals this year and getting their hearts broken... then using it as motivation for next year. I think next year is their year......

Lakerhead4ever
04-15-2011, 06:19 PM
get your point bro.

But i still expect the celtics to come out of the east this yr

lakers are struggling rite now, who knows if their gonna come out the west, one thing is forsure, a new coach is not going to keep lakers from making it to the finals. Kobe is still the mann

IndiansFan337
04-15-2011, 06:23 PM
The real question is will Nike be making their puppet commercials for the playoffs again?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't really worry about the Heat having trouble. And the West is pretty weak right now. Portland is always injured and OKC won't win a thing.

:facepalm:

Bruno
04-15-2011, 06:27 PM
-With a new coach next year its hard to imagine the Lakers making it right back to the finals. AND making the finals 4 years straight is damn near impossible these days...( Im assuming Lakers make it this year obviously)

If the Lakers make the finals this year this will be for the fourth year in a row ('08-'11). They could become the first team since the '82-'85 Lakers, and the second since the 1960's Celtics to make it to the finals four years in a row. That's legendary company; love it or hate it.

Personally, I'm predicting a LAL/MIA finals this year.

bledrules
04-15-2011, 06:30 PM
2 of the biggest ego maniacs in sports history yay cant wait

Tony_Starks
04-15-2011, 06:31 PM
If the Lakers make the finals this year this will be for the fourth year in a row ('08-'11). They could become the first team since the '82-'85 Lakers, and the second since the 1960's Celtics to make it to the finals four years in a row.

Personally, I'm predicting a LAL/MIA finals this year.

Im tripping I completely forgot they made it in '08. Then again Im sure Im still trying to blott that horrid event out of my memory! lol

Wow 5 years straight that would be pretty impressive, they've seriously had the West on lock!

Chill_Will_24
04-15-2011, 06:45 PM
The Lebron vs Kobe matchup has lot steam in my eyes... I wanted to see it so bad while he had his own team in CLE. Kobe vs Lebron... instead now with Wade and Bosh there it doesnt mean as much to me. If anything it would be Kobe vs Wade in a Lakers-Heat meeting.

D Roses Bulls
04-15-2011, 06:56 PM
I think rose vs kobe would be the best. kobe vs lebron doesn't sound as appealing as it use too. even if you do not like rose, even his haters in the media think he is the most exciting player and fun player to watch.

John Walls Era
04-15-2011, 06:59 PM
^ Im gonna disagree. Lebron vs Kobe is still appealing. In addition, its not like Rose and Kobe will ever guard each other.

D Roses Bulls
04-15-2011, 07:01 PM
^ Im gonna disagree. Lebron vs Kobe is still appealing. In addition, its not like Rose and Kobe will ever guard each other.

well you could say that for kobe and lebron. kobe will never guard lebron. that will be artests job. and I do think in the finals, there will be possessions where kobe will guard rose and vice versa. kobe has guarded rose before this season on some possessions.

Chill_Will_24
04-15-2011, 07:07 PM
well you could say that for kobe and lebron. kobe will never guard lebron. that will be artests job. and I do think in the finals, there will be possessions where kobe will guard rose and vice versa. kobe has guarded rose before this season on some possessions.

NOBODY can guard DRose... teams will be wasting their energy if they go into the plaoffs with that approach. They should let DRose get his and stop everyone else. The only PG that i saw handle DRose defensively was DHarris

dnewguy
04-15-2011, 07:26 PM
I think rose vs kobe would be the best. kobe vs lebron doesn't sound as appealing as it use too. even if you do not like rose, even his haters in the media think he is the most exciting player and fun player to watch.

When the Bulls are coming into town, people mention "the Bulls", when the Lakers come into town, people say "Kobe" is coming and when Miami rolls into town Wade and Lebron comes to mind. You might be overrating Rose here, I am not sure many people are excited to sit through a 7 game series of Rose. Lets see the Bulls T.V ratings out of Chicago when the Bulls are playing.....close to non-existent. I'll sig bet you on this, yahoo sports will have more box score viewers than people watching the Bulls in the playoffs.

Chill_Will_24
04-15-2011, 07:41 PM
When the Bulls are coming into town, people mention "the Bulls", when the Lakers come into town, people say "Kobe" is coming and when Miami rolls into town Wade and Lebron comes to mind. You might be overrating Rose here, I am not sure many people are excited to sit through a 7 game series of Rose. Lets see the Bulls T.V ratings out of Chicago when the Bulls are playing.....close to non-existent. I'll sig bet you on this, yahoo sports will have more box score viewers than people watching the Bulls in the playoffs.

of course... DRose is their only sexy name... MIA has THREE sexy names. Its the reason that NY gets so much hype even thou they dont deserve it yet. Marketable names create hype which creates ratings for teams. I would still take the less watched Bulls in a matchup with ANY team in the league. Elite defense, elite PG, great chemistry, complementing starters and role players... that team is amazing from a basketball standpoint.

blams
04-15-2011, 07:46 PM

Try telling that to the Bulls forum.... :sigh:

Hawkeye15
04-15-2011, 07:50 PM
For several reasons:

-Though Boston is very vulnerable and beatable this year who's to say what happens next year with a few tweeks and a training camp under their belt?

-Chicago is no doubt the team of the future in the East, haters be damned. This years playoff experience will only make them that much better next year.

-Portland and OKC are eventually going to make it there.

-Orlando always has a shot at the finals strictly off Dwight.

Basically all the stars are aligned this year so if this is a matchup you would like to see then these playoffs are probably your best shot.....

not to mention the Lakers core players are getting way up there in age, so this may be their last shot at a title for a while...

IamKaiserSoze
04-15-2011, 08:30 PM
sorry. i know the heat have a couple of good players. but i don't hear anyone shaking in fear of the heat. they have no center. and they have no point guard. they very well may win a championship. some day. but they don't play team ball. how could they? they have no team.

DaBear
04-15-2011, 08:45 PM

This might be the most idiotic post of the thread. Just because the Bulls don't have someone named LeBron does not mean no one will watch. In fact, Rose has already made a name for himself this year, and him winning the MVP award will only attract more attention. Close to non-existent my as.s. Just remember what city your team plays in before you talk national attention.

ks32
04-15-2011, 09:16 PM
lebron vs kobe is wayyy less appealing than what it was 2 years ago, i'd honestly rather see a bulls vs lakers finals

Jewelz0376
04-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Rose and Durant are kinda in the same boat...they are both young superstars, but they haven't been on the scene long enough....Kobe and Lebron are both sports icons... Lebron Kobe series would draw way more viewers outside of the US... than a Kobe vs Rose and it's not even close...

If the LA vs Boston series was putting up the highest numbers since jordan era...Then a LA vs Heat series with all that star power might actually top some of those Jordan finals ratings...

SP17
04-15-2011, 09:28 PM
the top 3 match ups in the east against the lakers are pretty appealing ( assuming LA makes it to the finals)

La vs Chicago ( if that series reaches game 7 and LA wins it their court that would be pretty amazing.,Phil with his 4th 3 peat against the former team on which he won 2 and on their homecourt..epic)

LA vs Miami ( Kobe vs Wade and all the other star players... Superstar filled finals)

LA vs Boston ( Shaq is with the C's imagine the crowd in LA and if the C's win Shaq ties kobe's ring and if C's lose Kobe will have 2 more against shaq..Also Celtics vs Lakers finals are always amazing...)

Idontcare
04-15-2011, 09:35 PM
If this happens and even though I know Miami beat the lakers 2ice I'll take the lakers in 6 to much size and focus will be to much for the heat to handle

naps
04-16-2011, 02:30 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

are you drunk? Who the **** is gonna say that in normal sense? Make a poll of Kobe vs LeBron OR Kobe vs Rose. See what people pick. Also, make a poll of who is the most exciting player. Your posts are ridiculous as hell.

kArSoN RyDaH
04-16-2011, 02:35 AM
I think a Bulls Lakers. Thibs vs PJ. Kobe vs Rose. 20 yr anniversary. Kobe vs MJ for 6. > Kobe vs LBJ.

jmcelligott92
04-16-2011, 02:43 AM

Yeah cuz they always say the more peope outside of the city that watch the game the more chance of winning the finals, how about you sig bet things that actually matter.... or how about you sig bet how many people from chicago watch the bulls vs how many people from Miami watch the HEAT.

WAIT ITS THE PLAYOFFS SO YOURE TELLING ME I HAVE TO SHOW UP IN THE FIRST HALF?!?!?!?!?!

Geargo Wallace
04-16-2011, 03:04 AM

As much as I don't think Rose is a top 5 guy in the league, that first line you just said is ridiculous. He's going to be the MVP and you say ppl don't think of him. What are you sniffin' down there in Miami?

Kashmir13579
04-16-2011, 03:08 AM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

are you drunk? Who the **** is gonna say that in normal sense? Make a poll of Kobe vs LeBron OR Kobe vs Rose. See what people pick. Also, make a poll of who is the most exciting player. Your posts are ridiculous as hell.

who would you say is more "exciting" than Rose right now?

kArSoN RyDaH
04-16-2011, 03:23 AM
I think the whole Kobe Lebron is seriously anticlimactic. During 07-08 or 08-09 maybe it would have been an excellent match up. But not anymore. It's just died down. You don't even really here Kobe vs. Lebron anymore. Kobe is just on another level. He's chasing greatness. I want to face the best. I want the BULLS or the CELTICS! Full strength. Let's do this!!!

flclfanman
04-16-2011, 07:23 AM
I better not see those ****ing puppet commercials again :pity:

mttwlsn16
04-16-2011, 07:43 AM
lakers better not get there im sick of that purple and piss vs the lepricons

PHX2daDEATH
04-16-2011, 08:19 AM
I'd rather see Westbrook vs Rose at this point...... for 1, David Stern doesn't deserve Kobe vs LeBron... please retire with Phil, David.. Please, its only f'kn fitting..2, its Anticlimatic as somebody else said..its like dry humping a chick for so long that you are no longer turned on by her and when its time to bang..you dont want to no more, you had your chance biaaa.. you werent the hoe i thought you were.. a Miami/laker series would be more about lebron vs artest and Kobe vs Wade anyways..then Bosh vs Gasol and Bynum...

tredigs
04-16-2011, 08:39 AM
Agreed that there's too many engaging storyline's to just root for a "Kobe" VS. "Lebron" (I admittedly didn't read any post in this thread, but think that's a ridiculous comment being that both teams have a player of virtually their equal) finals , but it would still make for an awesome finals.

Here's a fun fact though: Dirk and Kobe have never played against each other in a playoff match-up. Seriously...

Jaji
04-16-2011, 11:35 AM
That would make an awesome Finals.

Jaji
04-16-2011, 11:37 AM
tredigs took the words right off of my fingertips. I didn't read any other posts either lol just the one above mine. But a Lakers-Heat Finals would be... like we said, awesome.

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2011, 02:38 PM
who would you say is more "exciting" than Rose right now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_fQvEosr7w

Nuff said...

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2011, 02:41 PM
I better not see those ****ing puppet commercials again :pity:

idk seeing a DRose puppet seems so badass...

Sasuke11
04-16-2011, 06:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_fQvEosr7w

Nuff said...

**** that video it wasn't even a dunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTpGaAJFjjw

NYK BaLLaS
04-16-2011, 07:02 PM
last year,the espn boneheads predicted lbj vs Kobe final s,didn't happen.won't happen this year either

Chill_Will_24
04-16-2011, 07:49 PM
**** that video it wasn't even a dunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTpGaAJFjjw

Oh my goodness... i had never seen that one... thanks for sharing. Anyone that disagrees that hes the most exciting player to watch in the league is insane. Hes the most hyped and exciting player since Iverson

NYK BaLLaS
04-16-2011, 08:00 PM
I'd rather see Westbrook vs Rose at this point...... for 1, David Stern doesn't deserve Kobe vs LeBron... please retire with Phil, David.. Please, its only f'kn fitting..2, its Anticlimatic as somebody else said..its like dry humping a chick for so long that you are no longer turned on by her and when its time to bang..you dont want to no more, you had your chance biaaa.. you werent the hoe i thought you were.. a Miami/laker series would be more about lebron vs artest and Kobe vs Wade anyways..then Bosh vs Gasol and Bynum...

thats an excellent point,although as strict as the mods on psd are,you might've earned yourself an infraction

rufo4100
04-16-2011, 08:25 PM
I'd have to agree that if Kobe is going to meet Lebron in the finals this is the year it would happen. Next year is a strong possibility also.