PDA

View Full Version : Zach Randolph close to signing extension with Grizz

spreadeagle
04-15-2011, 05:31 PM
According to the Commercial Appeal, Z-Bo will ink a new deal in Memphis any moment now: “Guess who walked into Staples Center [Wednesday] night side-by-side with Griz forward Zach Randolph? Answer: The team’s owner, Michael Heisley. When asked if that was a sure sign that his contract extension was all but a done deal, Randolph smiled and said: ‘They’re saying its close.’ Raymond Brothers is Randolph’s agent and he’s been locked in nonstop negotiations with Griz general manager Chris Wallace for the past week. After poking around a little bit today, I’m told that the issues left on the table are so minor that a deal could be finalized and announced as soon as today. ‘It definitely has a good chance of getting done before the first playoff game,’ said one source with knowledge of the negotiations.” http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/04/grizzlies-extension-for-zach-randolph-close-to-done/

Wonder what this means for Gasol,they wont have enough money to keep him I dont think

Sadds The Gr8
04-15-2011, 05:42 PM
According to the Commercial Appeal, Z-Bo will ink a new deal in Memphis any moment now: “Guess who walked into Staples Center [Wednesday] night side-by-side with Griz forward Zach Randolph? Answer: The team’s owner, Michael Heisley. When asked if that was a sure sign that his contract extension was all but a done deal, Randolph smiled and said: ‘They’re saying its close.’ Raymond Brothers is Randolph’s agent and he’s been locked in nonstop negotiations with Griz general manager Chris Wallace for the past week. After poking around a little bit today, I’m told that the issues left on the table are so minor that a deal could be finalized and announced as soon as today. ‘It definitely has a good chance of getting done before the first playoff game,’ said one source with knowledge of the negotiations.” http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/04/grizzlies-extension-for-zach-randolph-close-to-done/

Wonder what this means for Gasol,they wont have enough money to keep him I dont think

it means he's coming to God's Team.

Tony_Starks
04-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Im happy for this guy, I've always liked his game. He's had a bad rap and got branded for a while as a troublemaker and a guy that couldn't make you better but thats just what he has done. Memphis has got nothing but better since he's been there and he really stepped it up and helped them make that playoff run when Rudy went down when alotta people thought they were going to mail it in.

Good job for Z-Bo!!! He seems to really like it in Memphis too....

They can still sign Gasol too, they have the room. People were all over that Pau Gasol trade but they didn't realize the repercussions of all the cap space they would have going forward. At the end of the day it turned out being a great trade for both teams.

North Yorker
04-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Hopefully this means Gasol will be a RFA. They already signed Conley,Gay, and now Z-bo to big deals. If they re-sign Gasol it would be like the same situation the Hawks are in in the East. A good not great core locked up for the long term that probably isnt good enough to compete for a championship.

goose15
04-15-2011, 06:08 PM
^^^ yea just dont re-sign Gasol, he would look great in blue & orange.

mzgrizz
04-15-2011, 06:12 PM
Don't get your hopes up boys. Remember that obscene contract of marko jaric ? Also Thabeet's extension???? It's coming off the books.

Lakerhead4ever
04-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Pau gasol is going to convince his bro to come to the big lights!

LA BABY!! "city of champions"

thekmp211
04-15-2011, 09:42 PM
gasol is going to get a LOT of offers. new cba could make it a financial wash for him to re-sign in memphis, though. hope he does, they are close to building something special.

Hellcrooner
04-15-2011, 09:53 PM
i bhope z bo signs 6 years for the MAX and marc states CLEARLY he wants out so they are FORCED to sign and trade him hopefully to NY, TOR or LAL.

then grizz will have 6 years to REGRET offering money to gay and zach when they are constantly coming in and out of playoffs with no chance to improve or become much worse to get a top lottery pick.

SP17
04-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Hopefully this means Gasol will be a RFA. They already signed Conley,Gay, and now Z-bo to big deals. If they re-sign Gasol it would be like the same situation the Hawks are in in the East. A good not great core locked up for the long term that probably isnt good enough to compete for a championship.

I checked their salaries for next year and its only at 36 million...
lets say they sign zbo to 14 million that would bring to 50 million., they would still have like 20 million in money.. ( I wrote 20 mil since their total salaries this year is at 70 mil) so I'm guessing they will match any offer given to gasol which I think would be at most 12 million pr year.. They can also resign Battier which I doubt they would..

I think they would rather resign MG than let him go via FA.. Since they would be near the salary cap after resigning zbo anyway.

Hellcrooner
04-15-2011, 10:00 PM
^ problem with that is

LOCKOUT-

Marc gasol will receive the biggest offer ever in europe.

he will sing one year if the lockout is not going to be solved in the whole season-.

Then he will simply say

im being payed here like a star and being treated as an star so you either sign adn trade me to the nba team I want or i stay here and you get a crapshoot of nothing from me.
you choose-.

SP17
04-15-2011, 10:10 PM
I dont think that would happen at all.. Gasol has the power to do that but he has no choice if memphis signed him to an extension or match any offers given to him.. Same thing happen to rudy so as long he is under contract Memphis can do what they want with him.,they can also trade him if they get some fair value.

MrfadeawayJB
04-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Happy about the Randolph extension, and Gasol is not going anywhere...book it

Hellcrooner
04-15-2011, 10:23 PM
I dont think that would happen at all.. Gasol has the power to do that but he has no choice if memphis signed him to an extension or match any offers given to him.. Same thing happen to rudy so as long he is under contract Memphis can do what they want with him.,they can also trade him if they get some fair value.

did you read?

He ia s FA ( restricted)
if he wants to walk and memphis does want to match offers he will simply tell them to go and **** a fish and that he will simply sign an enormous contract in EUROPE:

yes he is probably fed up enough of gay and Randolph to simply come back here to be

1 the STAR of wherever he signs

2 on the highest contract in europe

3 reverenced like a god by his euro team fans

Earning a contract around 8 TAX FREE million euros a year ( an nba contraact would need to be like 18 million dollars per year to match that since in nba he woudl ahve to pay his taxes instead of the team paying for him).

Thats why if he says IM OUT its in memphis best interest to sign and trade him wherever he wants to be sigend and traded to, or they will end up with NOTHING:

Sadds The Gr8
04-15-2011, 10:29 PM
^ problem with that is

LOCKOUT-

Marc gasol will receive the biggest offer ever in europe.

he will sing one year if the lockout is not going to be solved in the whole season-.

Then he will simply say

im being payed here like a star and being treated as an star so you either sign adn trade me to the nba team I want or i stay here and you get a crapshoot of nothing from me.
you choose-.
and didn't they sign Tony Allen to a long-term deal too?

mzgrizz
04-15-2011, 10:32 PM
gasol is going to get a LOT of offers. new cba could make it a financial wash for him to re-sign in memphis, though. hope he does, they are close to building something special.

Hope we keep him too.

mzgrizz
04-15-2011, 10:42 PM
and didn't they sign Tony Allen to a long-term deal too?

Yes, something like 3 years 9 mil. I believe there's plenty for Marc to get a great contract. And why the hell would he want to go back to Europe? NBA is still in the good old USA. Once you've played in the best, why settle for less? Money??? $12M a year ain't chicken feed.

Hellcrooner
04-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Yes, something like 3 years 9 mil. I believe there's plenty for Marc to get a great contract. And why the hell would he want to go back to Europe? NBA is still in the good old USA. Once you've played in the best, why settle for less? Money??? $12M a year ain't chicken feed.

cause it makes no sense to play fifth fiddle when you are the MOST TALENTED PLAYER in the team.

I think marc could/would accept his current role in the Heat, Lakers, Knicks, Celtics.

But not in memphis when he could and SHOULD be making 20 and 10 and attending to Allstars.

Money isnt everything.

fadedmario
04-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Thank God!!!! - I thought he'd end up in Detroit. Sorry but we need to go young and quit signing or trading for declining players. I like Zach - just not on Detroit.

mzgrizz
04-15-2011, 10:57 PM
cause it makes no sense to play fifth fiddle when you are the MOST TALENTED PLAYER in the team.

I think marc could/would accept his current role in the Heat, Lakers, Knicks, Celtics.

But not in memphis when he could and SHOULD be making 20 and 10 and attending to Allstars.

Money isnt everything.

Sorry. As much as I love Marc, he is not the best player on the team. Never was and DO wish he could be. He would be playing second or third or even fourth fiddle on your wish list of teams He's staying hellcrooner. Get over it.

hgtiger32
04-15-2011, 11:00 PM
good move for the grizzlies. and people need to stop talking marc gasol up like he's as good as his brother

Hellcrooner
04-15-2011, 11:03 PM
and btw

12 million dollars BEFORE TAXES is = 6 million dollars more or less AFTER TAXES
then he has to PAY FOR HIS HOME; and his BILLS.

6 million dollar = 4`1 million euros.

IN europe he will be offered ( cska, Olimpiakos, panathinaikos, R madrid, barcelona)
around 8 million EUROS a year TAX FREE ( childress was paid 6 million a year)
AND the team pays his home and bills.

8 Million euros = 11`5 million dollars.

SO in the end

signs 12 million dollars in Memphis to be fifth fiddle on a team where he sould be first?
after taxes he has 6 million dollars

sgns 8 million euros to be the uperstar of the team and league in europe

after taxes ( paid by team) he gets 12 million dollars.

Go figure thats TWICE the money.

What would you do?

would you try to if you want to stay in NBA to be traded where you CAN either star or win titles

or simply earn HALF what you could earn somwhere esle to be denigrated constantly by a coach that wouldnt recognise talent if it hit him in the nose?

Its not a casualty that marc has showed 0 effort this season for rebounds he simply is fed up of working like a mule so other blackjholes get the points and the recognisement.

When i heard his voice tone on the radio the other day i saw it pristine.

He will ask for a sign and trade, and if he does not get it he will sign back in europe.

Hellcrooner
04-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Sorry. As much as I love Marc, he is not the best player on the team. Never was and DO wish he could be. He would be playing second or third or even fourth fiddle on your wish list of teams He's staying hellcrooner. Get over it.

fourth fiddle on miami ( lbj, wade and bosh)

thir fiddle on La ( kobe and pau ) bynum woudl eb the one sign and traded.

Momentary 5th fiddel in boston then in a year first or second with rondo once the grandaddie bunch retire.

third fiddle in Ny ( stou and melo)

FIRST FIDDLE IN TOR

the difference?

in those teams he can WIN the ring exc ept toronto where he wouldnt win but would shine and make allstar team

in memphis ? 0 chance.

mzgrizz
04-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Funny how this morphed into a Gasol thread WHEN IT'S ABOUT ZACH!!
Not going there. Start a new thread if you want to carry this on.
We love ZBo in Memphis. Marc needs to earn it now.

Hellcrooner
04-15-2011, 11:27 PM
Funny how this morphed into a Gasol thread WHEN IT'S ABOUT ZACH!!
Not going there. Start a new thread if you want to carry this on.
We love ZBo in Memphis. Marc needs to earn it now.

As soon as he gets paid you will feel like the Oregonians and the New Yorkers bout Zach.
Sad but true.

mzgrizz
04-15-2011, 11:38 PM
Do you get paid to read minds??? :D

Hellcrooner
04-15-2011, 11:43 PM
Do you get paid to read minds??? :D

Nah its just a hobby.

When im not making music i read minds.

Soon coming the murnaus first EP :p

mzgrizz
04-15-2011, 11:49 PM
Nah its just a hobby.

When im not making music i read minds.

Soon coming the murnaus first EP :p

Congrats on the EP ! Now be happy for us !!!!

allSUAVE
04-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Marc Gasol to the Knicks is a Extra 12 wins hands down.

We need his toughness and rebounding.

We get outrebounded by 15 -20 every game

allSUAVE
04-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Wait is Marc Gasol even a good rebounder?

Hellcrooner
04-16-2011, 12:02 AM

as long as mr pringles is fired as a coach.

he wouldnt work on a fast paced sistem.

KingPosey
04-16-2011, 12:14 AM
ZBo is so often overlooked, and it is directly related to mistakes of the past.

Its funny how some players make mistakes in professional sports, and the fair weather public forgets it almost instantly, and some players cant ever shake their mistakes.

KingPosey
04-16-2011, 12:16 AM

I would LOVE to see how Marc Gasol = 12 wins more a season. He must be one of the greatest players of all time.

I mean based off of that knowledge, and having a full season of Melo and Stat together, that makes them like a 72 win team, and all they need is the 6th-10th best center in the league.

SP17
04-16-2011, 01:26 AM
did you read?

He ia s FA ( restricted)
if he wants to walk and memphis does want to match offers he will simply tell them to go and **** a fish and that he will simply sign an enormous contract in EUROPE:

yes he is probably fed up enough of gay and Randolph to simply come back here to be

1 the STAR of wherever he signs

2 on the highest contract in europe

3 reverenced like a god by his euro team fans

Earning a contract around 8 TAX FREE million euros a year ( an nba contraact would need to be like 18 million dollars per year to match that since in nba he woudl ahve to pay his taxes instead of the team paying for him).

Thats why if he says IM OUT its in memphis best interest to sign and trade him wherever he wants to be sigend and traded to, or they will end up with NOTHING:

I know that he is a RFA.. and why the hell would Memphis not match any offers on him? coz Gasol would only get 12 million at most unless a team with cap overpay for him and memphis has about 20 mil to spend..they are only at 50 million assuming zbo signed for around 13-14 mil..They only have a 2nd rounder this year and no 1st so they are still way below their 70 million salary this year.

Are you confuse with how RFA works? If Memphis offers him a qualifying offer they have the rights to match any offers given to gasol..so for example NY offers him 3 yr 8 mil pr annum.. Memphis could match that and he stays there for 3 yrs.. I dont know where your getting that gasol controls where he goes...

but if he is a UFA then he controls were he go like LBJ and Bosh last year.

Restricted free agency gives the player's original team the right to keep the player by matching an offer sheet the player signs with another team. This is called the "right of first refusal."
When another team wants to sign a restricted free agent, it signs the player to an offer sheet, the principal terms of which the original team is given seven days to match. The offer sheet must be for at least two seasons (not including option years). If the player's prior team also submitted a maximum qualifying offer, then the offer sheet must be for at least three seasons (not including option years). If the player's original team exercises its right of first refusal by matching the principal terms of the offer sheet, the player is then under contract to his original team. If the player's original team does not exercise its right of first refusal within seven days, the offer sheet becomes an official contract with the new team.

Hellcrooner
04-16-2011, 01:33 AM
I know that he is a RFA.. and why the hell would Memphis not match any offers on him? coz Gasol would only get 12 million at most unless a team with cap overpay for him and memphis has about 20 mil to spend..they are only at 50 million assuming zbo signed for around 13-14 mil..They only have a 2nd rounder this year and no 1st so they are still way below their 70 million salary this year.

Are you confuse with how RFA works? If Memphis offers him a qualifying offer they have the rights to match any offers given to gasol..so for example NY offers him 3 yr 8 mil pr annum.. Memphis could match that and he stays there for 3 yrs.. I dont know where your getting that gasol controls where he goes...

but if he is a UFA then he controls were he go like LBJ and Bosh last year.

Restricted free agency gives the player's original team the right to keep the player by matching an offer sheet the player signs with another team. This is called the "right of first refusal."
When another team wants to sign a restricted free agent, it signs the player to an offer sheet, the principal terms of which the original team is given seven days to match. The offer sheet must be for at least two seasons (not including option years). If the player's prior team also submitted a maximum qualifying offer, then the offer sheet must be for at least three seasons (not including option years). If the player's original team exercises its right of first refusal by matching the principal terms of the offer sheet, the player is then under contract to his original team. If the player's original team does not exercise its right of first refusal within seven days, the offer sheet becomes an official contract with the new team.

I know how RFA works to perfection.

BUT RFA means Jack for europe.

If he signs with any european team Memphis does not get a **** back.

thats his leverage.

He does not "control where he goes" if he stays in Nba but he can control if he can send SLAVERY rules of nba to the **** where they belong and sign for MORE MONEY in europe.

So

Memphis says they are matching every offer.

Marc says he does not want to stay in memphis. he says it publicly ( CANT BE FINED BECAUS HE IS A FA)

Memphis can do two things.

1 ask marc where he wants to go and work on a sign and trade with that team so they get SOMETHING in return ( players picks whatever)

2 Say they are matching it no matter how and they dont care if marc does not wayt to stay and that they will force him to stay against his will.
Marc signs with an euro team and mephgs gets NO marc no picks and NOTHING but ****.

What do you think they do?

SP17
04-16-2011, 01:43 AM
I know how RFA works to perfection.

BUT RFA means Jack for europe.

If he signs with any european team Memphis does not get a **** back.

thats his leverage.

He does not "control where he goes" if he stays in Nba but he can control if he can send SLAVERY rules of nba to the **** where they belong and sign for MORE MONEY in europe.

So

Memphis says they are matching every offer.

Marc says he does not want to stay in memphis. he says it publicly ( CANT BE FINED BECAUS HE IS A FA)

Memphis can do two things.

1 ask marc where he wants to go and work on a sign and trade with that team so they get SOMETHING in return ( players picks whatever)

2 Say they are matching it no matter how and they dont care if marc does not wayt to stay and that they will force him to stay against his will.
Marc signs with an euro team and mephgs gets NO marc no picks and NOTHING but ****.

What do you think they do?

now I get what are you trying to say..

both numbers are options.. Coz I really think Marc would rather play in the nba than in europe and follow the footsteps of his big bro. So I guess memphis will gamble on him signing on another team.. Anyway we dont know what will happen my guess is Marc will be a grizz next year. If only the lakers have the assets to pair him with pau that would be nice.

mzgrizz
04-16-2011, 01:48 AM
MArc would rot in Europe before he comes back to the NBA through Memphis? What are you going to do if the NBA expands to Europe?
I don't know where you get your information but he'd just stay in Europe with Ricky. Oh wait! He's ready to come to the NBA now in Minny !!! I like your pride in your country and countrymen but it gets misplaced sometimes

Hellcrooner
04-16-2011, 02:57 AM
MArc would rot in Europe before he comes back to the NBA through Memphis? What are you going to do if the NBA expands to Europe?
I don't know where you get your information but he'd just stay in Europe with Ricky. Oh wait! He's ready to come to the NBA now in Minny !!! I like your pride in your country and countrymen but it gets misplaced sometimes

would not be the first to do so.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/radjadi01.html

he was 29 he was having a good career and doing good numbers.
He woudl have gotten a good offer but decided he didnt want to sing to the Nba tune any more and went back to "rot" in europe.

The funny thing is if nba players assotiation had half a brain between all of them they woudl ALL sign with europeans teams this summer and let the league either go broke or declare FREE MARKET wich is how sports are ruled all over the world.

you signwith the team you want whenever you want for how long you want and for how much you want.
No draft, no salary cap, no trade player for player, no rfa NO ****:

FREE MARKET:

cause players are person like you and me.
no one tells me wich city i have to licve in or wich bussiness to sign for as a worker.

and no one SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO SO:

btw if theres a lockout Ricky is staying one more year in spain.
His agent has hinted that much.

mzgrizz
04-16-2011, 11:15 AM
^^^^^^ Well why would little Ricky staying in Europe another year not surprise me? But if he EVER decides to come play with the big boys, he'll HAVE to come through Minny in some way. TG we did not draft the little snit ; lowered his street value,too, drop in the draft. Having such a monstrous ego and family $$$$ powered advice didn't help him OVER HERE. He can be first in EuroBall forever and NEVER measure up .
BTW back to topic............GO ZACH !!! Power it up, big boy !!

WolvesJagsOs
04-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Would love to see him come to Minny, but its probably doubtful (Gasol).

Good for the Grizz on the Z-Bo front.

WolvesJagsOs
04-16-2011, 12:03 PM
would not be the first to do so.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/radjadi01.html

he was 29 he was having a good career and doing good numbers.
He woudl have gotten a good offer but decided he didnt want to sing to the Nba tune any more and went back to "rot" in europe.

The funny thing is if nba players assotiation had half a brain between all of them they woudl ALL sign with europeans teams this summer and let the league either go broke or declare FREE MARKET wich is how sports are ruled all over the world.

you signwith the team you want whenever you want for how long you want and for how much you want.
No draft, no salary cap, no trade player for player, no rfa NO ****:

FREE MARKET:

cause players are person like you and me.
no one tells me wich city i have to licve in or wich bussiness to sign for as a worker.

and no one SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO SO:

btw if theres a lockout Ricky is staying one more year in spain.
His agent has hinted that much.

Actually, from what ive read and heard, he has said that he may come over even if there is a lockout. Someone said that he was saying good things about a rival team in spain, im pretty damn sure he will be coming over.

PrettyBoyJ
04-16-2011, 12:25 PM
What about OJ Mayo I wonder if they gonna give him an extension next year.. seeing how they tried and trade him this year I wonder if they re-visit that scenario

MrfadeawayJB
04-16-2011, 12:31 PM
OJ will be traded during the summer or the draft imo

knicks4life33
04-16-2011, 01:12 PM
wonder whats goin happin wit gasol then

The Jokemaker
04-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Happy about the Randolph extension, and Gasol is not going anywhere...book it

This is my sentiments as well. I don't see Gasol going anywhere.

SP17
04-16-2011, 09:40 PM
yeah..Mayo would be the one who would be gone instead of marc.

lilojmayo
04-17-2011, 12:03 AM
What about OJ Mayo I wonder if they gonna give him an extension next year.. seeing how they tried and trade him this year I wonder if they re-visit that scenario

A lot is riding these playoffs for OJ. OJ is certainly going to get traded as one mentioned most likely at draft, but it up to OJ to get his trade value up. Because teams will take a shot at him.

I have a feeling he will end up a Bull on draft day.

juno10
04-17-2011, 12:31 AM
/

SP17
04-17-2011, 12:59 AM
A lot is riding these playoffs for OJ. OJ is certainly going to get traded as one mentioned most likely at draft, but it up to OJ to get his trade value up. Because teams will take a shot at him.

I have a feeling he will end up a Bull on draft day.

yeah..bulls got some picks to entice memphis.