PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams May Very Well Sign An Extension

Tony_Starks
04-15-2011, 04:35 PM
I dont know if you guys have been reading hoopshype the past few days but Williams has said everything short of "I will sign an extension." He seems really pleased with the organization and very excited about the prospect of being the face of the Brooklyn team.

Does this change you guys mind about the trade? A lot of you were saying things like "dumbest trade ever" "no chance he re-signs" "why would he stay?" and so forth.....

Deron Williams, speaking more positively about the Nets than ever, said Thursday he could "definitely" see himself with the team long-term, perhaps easing the fears of those afraid the point guard will dart when his contract expires after next season.

"I like this organization a lot," he said. "I like the direction they're going. They made me and my family feel real comfortable since I've gotten here. I like coach (Avery) Johnson - the way he coaches and the way he carries himself.

"I definitely can see myself staying here."
The Nets are expected to offer Williams an extension on the first day possible (July 18), or when the new CBA is negotiated. Although Williams wouldn't give any guarantees, his tone has changed from just a month ago, when the 26-year-old said he's likely to become a free agent.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2011/04/15/2011-04-15

John Walls Era
04-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Good. I think the Nets could be a playoff team next year.

Kashmir13579
04-15-2011, 04:38 PM
no. not until the contract is inked.

Shmontaine
04-15-2011, 04:44 PM
sounds so familiar...

AllBall
04-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Good, it'd be good to have a neutral team in NY like Mets and Giants, haha.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-15-2011, 04:59 PM
of course he'll sign, Prok ain't a dumbass.

ManRam
04-15-2011, 05:00 PM
I think it's smart to stay. With that owner, with the move to Brooklyn, with the new arena...NJ could very soon be incredibly attractive to FAs. I think they have a solid core as is. I'm still high on Brook.

AddiX
As a knick fan I hope he does. I think a knick Vs Brooklyn nets rivalry in this town with those two billionaire owners could eventually be the biggest rivalry in town. Especially the with the pride Brooklyn people throw around everywhere they go.

But they need deron to really come here and make a splash, they can't walk into Brooklyn without a superstar.

Q_bully
sounds so familiar...

This. But I :pray:

That he truly means it.

Q_bully
04-15-2011, 05:05 PM
As a knick fan I hope he does. I think a knick Vs Brooklyn nets rivalry in this town with those two billionaire owners could eventually be the biggest rivalry in town. Especially the with the pride Brooklyn people throw around everywhere they go.

But they need deron to really come here and make a splash, they can't walk into Brooklyn without a superstar.

Dwight to Brooklyn
CP3 to NY

Let the rivalry begin

Crackadalic
04-15-2011, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't mind him staying. Knowing that it takes me half and hr to get to the stadium i wouldn't mind seeing D-will lighting it up. When the knicks come to town its gonna be pack. CAN"T WAIT!!!

King P
04-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Hope it happens