PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Kings Announcers' emotional signoff

ManRam
04-14-2011, 09:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M06-ZfDT5JE&feature=player_embedded

Even as a Laker fan it hurts me to see this. Hope things change

Made a new thread due to the terrible posting in the other one...

There will be no tolerance in this one.

Jonathan2323
04-14-2011, 09:07 PM
So sad. Only professional sports team they have is leaving.

DerekRE_3
04-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Always a classy gesture to post **** like that and get a thread closed when a team is leaving their fans devastated...classless.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-14-2011, 09:08 PM
I love this forum :laugh2:

Baller1
04-14-2011, 09:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MBmnaZDnK38

Howard Schultz is literally a terrible human being.

DerekRE_3
04-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Cool...this isn't about Howard Shultz.

NetsPaint
04-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Kings will stay, damnit!

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Man I miss the Sonics :(

Seattle is such a great city with great fans just like here in Chicago. A team with Durant, Westbrook, Perkins would've been huge for the NBA if they were still in a big market like Seattle.

Baller1
04-14-2011, 09:18 PM
man i miss the sonics :(

seattle is such a great city with great fans just like here in chicago. A team with durant, westbrook, perkins would've been huge for the nba if they were still in a big market like seattle.

:(..... :(

:(

:(

NetsPaint
04-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Man I miss the Sonics :(

Seattle is such a great city with great fans just like here in Chicago. A team with Durant, Westbrook, Perkins would've been huge for the NBA if they were still in a big market like Seattle.
If only these owners truly cared about these cities:(.

I hate that the Nets are moving despite not being far away.

ManRam
04-14-2011, 09:20 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-14/sacramento-mayor-pitches-nba-owners-in-bid-to-thwart-kings-anaheim-move.html

So we'll know in 4 days?

The Maloof family has until April 18 to file an application with the NBA to move the franchise before the 2011-2012 season.

Hopefully the campaigning pays off. It would be terrible for another team to be moved for such dumb reasons.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-14-2011, 09:22 PM
I hate every one of these greedy corporate CEO bastards. I hate the fact that it takes the actions of just 1 individual to leave hundreds and thousands of people unemployed, and in this case break the hearts of millions of diehard followers of his organization.

Baller1
04-14-2011, 09:22 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-14/sacramento-mayor-pitches-nba-owners-in-bid-to-thwart-kings-anaheim-move.html

So we'll know in 4 days?

Hopefully the campaigning pays off. It would be terrible for another team to be moved for such dumb reasons.

I doubt it. Seattle went insane, and to absolutely no avail.

Baller1
04-14-2011, 09:23 PM
I hate every one of these greedy corporate CEO bastards. I hate the fact that it takes the actions of just 1 individual to leave hundreds and thousands of people unemployed, and in this case break the hearts of millions of diehard followers of his organization.

Greed is a powerful emotion, and unfortunately many people who have the ability to take advantage of it, do.

NetsPaint
04-14-2011, 09:25 PM
I completely agree. From sports owners to sporting good stores, never be surprised to see these *******s only caring about themselves.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-14-2011, 09:26 PM
I doubt it. Seattle went insane, and to absolutely no avail.

At the end of the day, these are billionaire businessmen. They're mentally trained to fend off all the *****ing, crying and every type of objection there is. Immediate profit trumps all. They don't worry about the future.

Baller1
04-14-2011, 09:27 PM
At the end of the day, these are billionaire businessmen. They're mentally trained to fend off all the *****ing, crying and every type of objection there is. Immediate profit trumps all. They don't worry about the future.

Yup, it's such a shame. Have you ever seen Sonicsgate?

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-14-2011, 09:30 PM

Watching it now.

Baller1
04-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Watching it now.

Incredible documentary. Extremely depressing as a Sonics fan though.

NetsPaint
04-14-2011, 09:33 PM
I saw a video from them a few days ago. I think that's actually illegal for the cop to do that. You have to actually have to do something to warrant getting kicked out, otherwise police try to get away with it just so they'll be no "trouble".

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Anyways, to stay on topic, I hope the Kings don't leave. But if they do, Kings fans can at least take some comfort in the fact that they are still in California and the Anaheim Kings or w/e they'll be called, can still be their team even though they'd be 400 miles away. I know its still gonna suck for them, but at least it wouldn't be as bad as Seattle fans got it.

Baller1
I saw a video from them a few days ago. I think that's actually illegal for the cop to do that. You have to actually have to do something to warrant getting kicked out, otherwise police try to get away with it just so they'll be no "trouble".

That's what being Howard Schultz and having massive amounts of money will do.

Punk
Well there is a new report out on Sacramento possibly getting the Hornets franchise. So, unlike Seattle. It may turn out to be good.

Seattle was more of something Stern was pushing them to leave. Everytime this year, he was asked about a team getting moved to Seattle, David Stern either got an attitude or said "It's unlikely but maybe"

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-14-2011, 09:38 PM
I really wonder how much money David Stern has stashed away in his walls.

roshan3ai
04-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Well there is a new report out on Sacramento possibly getting the Hornets franchise. So, unlike Seattle. It may turn out to be good.

Seattle was more of something Stern was pushing them to leave. Everytime this year, he was asked about a team getting moved to Seattle, David Stern either got an attitude or said "It's unlikely but maybe"

No it's still not the same. If the Knicks left New York and the Hawks moved to NY, would it still be good? No they want to see their team stay in Sacramento and rightfully so.

NetsPaint
04-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Justice needs to be done for Minneapolis.

http://hoopedia.nba.com/images/9/96/MplsLakersLogo.gif

DerekRE_3
04-14-2011, 09:41 PM
No it's still not the same. If the Knicks left New York and the Hawks moved to NY, would it still be good? No they want to see their team stay in Sacramento and rightfully so.

Exactly. We want the Kings. Not the Hornets, not the Grizzlies.

Punk
04-14-2011, 09:45 PM

Yeah but It's better than nothing right?

jimbobjarree
04-14-2011, 09:46 PM
**** the maloofs

DerekRE_3
04-14-2011, 09:47 PM

Yeah, stealing a franchise from another city that leads to more heartbroken fans is awesome just so we can bring in a team we don't identify with at all or have any connection with.

The Kings are our team. They may not be very good, but we love the Kings. We love the players, our general manager, our PA announcer, Slamson, and we love our arena.

SeoulBeatz
04-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Damn, that's sad to see grown men cry. I would hate to be a Sac-town fan to see my city's only pro sports team just walk away.

I couldn't imagine if the Sixers left.

Punk
Yeah, stealing a franchise from another city that leads to more heartbroken fans is awesome just so we can bring in a team we don't identify with at all or have any connection with.

Lol

Tell that to David Stern.

DerekRE_3

The Kings are our team. They may not be very good, but we love the Kings. We love the players, our general manager, our PA announcer, Slamson, and we love our arena.

DerekRE_3
04-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Lol

Tell that to David Stern.

That doesn't even make any sense.

CityofTreez
04-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Grant & Jerry are the BEST! I love those guys.

Pretty rough time to be a Sac Kings fan, but I still haven given up HOPE!

Punk
04-14-2011, 09:54 PM
That doesn't even make any sense.

The NBA owns the Hornets. If the Hornets do not produce success in New Orleans and the Kings end up moving. Stern would throw the Hornets in Sacramento if a new arena and owner is reached.

So, that's my point. I don't want to see Sacramento move either. I personally felt it was a slap in the face when they wore the "Royals" uniforms knowing that could be the new name if the team moves.

CityofTreez
04-14-2011, 09:55 PM

So true :clap:

DerekRE_3
04-14-2011, 09:55 PM
The NBA owns the Hornets. If the Hornets do not produce success in New Orleans and the Kings end up moving. Stern would throw the Hornets in Sacramento if a new arena and owner is reached.

So, that's my point.

And my point is I'd rather not have a team and just follow the Kings in Anaheim than steal another team from a city that I don't have any connection with at all.

Sixerlover
04-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Damn, that's sad to see grown men cry. I would hate to be a Sac-town fan to see my city's only pro sports team just walk away.

I couldn't imagine if the Sixers left.

Exactly. If the Sixers left I'd be sick. I hope Sac-Town gets another team very VERY soon

Punk
04-14-2011, 10:05 PM
I hope every Kings player from past to present can come together and help work this out.

dtmagnet
04-14-2011, 10:05 PM
That video was hard to watch, this really sucks for Sacramento. I can't really say anything else but sorry.

SA5195
04-14-2011, 10:17 PM
:( Damn I feel bad for Sacremento fans

NetsPaint
04-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Rochester Royals
1945–57

Cincinnati Royals
1957–72

Kansas City-Omaha Kings
1972–75

Kansas City Kings
1975–8

Anybody know how these cities felt when they lost them?

Bucks24226
04-14-2011, 10:22 PM
If this happens to the Bucks I will go into deep depression, no sarcasm.

TO Rapz
04-14-2011, 10:27 PM
This is just sad..

Ill21
04-14-2011, 10:30 PM
that is just wrong. i hate to see a grown man cry

Crackadalic
04-14-2011, 10:30 PM
This really sucks. Sad to see the team leave like that

assisi805
04-14-2011, 10:55 PM
That's real love for the game... Love it.

Bullsfan22
04-14-2011, 11:01 PM
This is just messed up. kings had great fans...

madvillian9
Is it a definite that they are moving???

What the chances they stay???

WickedBadMan
Hopefully Kings don't get axed (is it already done deal?)

NBA_Starter
04-14-2011, 11:08 PM
I was watching a stream for most of the end of the game, I feel sorry for their fans, being a lifetime Charlotte basketball fan I have been through what they are going through and know how it feels.

SACNYY
04-14-2011, 11:10 PM
This is so bad. How can they take our team and move em to LA? Really 2 teams isn't enough? Now we have nothing.

Rego247
04-14-2011, 11:29 PM
wait what happened in the other thread???

Lake_Show2416
04-14-2011, 11:31 PM
This is wrong just cuz the owners messed up their finances a whole city has to suffer, the Sac town Kings fan base dont deserve this garbage, LET THEM STAY

LA_Raiders
04-14-2011, 11:51 PM
They have a good market in SacTown, I dont know what the **** they want in anaheim, LA has 2 teams already...

Maloofs dumb fat *****...

tredigs
04-14-2011, 11:57 PM
That's tough man.

I feel bad for the little kids in the Sac area who are Kings fans.

To try to spin it positive, hopefully this means more Warriors fans sometime in the future. It's a great fanbase Sac has, and I'd love to have that energy on our side if they wanted to give it.

NYYCowboys
04-14-2011, 11:59 PM
I don't get how the NBA just allows teams to pick up and leave at will...They should have to have a better reason to move the team than the owners made dumb decisions, and think they can make more money somewhere else. I realize it's his team, but the league should make the owners more accountable.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-15-2011, 12:03 AM
I just finished the whole sonicsgate documentary :cry:

I feel so bad now for all those fans there, I didn't pay attention to the whole situation while it was happening, so this was all news to me.

I'm thinking how I'd feel if I was in their shoes, I've been a Bulls fan since I moved to Chicago in 95 and was fortunate to witness the tail-end of the Jordan era and the 2nd 3-peat and now the start of the D-Rose era. I can't imagine what I'd do or how I'd feel if I found out the Bulls were getting relocated to another city. :(

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-15-2011, 12:06 AM
That's tough man.

I feel bad for the little kids in the Sac area who are Kings fans.

To try to spin it positive, hopefully this means more Warriors fans sometime in the future. It's a great fanbase Sac has, and I'd love to have that energy on our side if they wanted to give it.

Oakland is just 80 miles away so I'm pretty sure you guys will be getting a lot of new fans.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-15-2011, 12:09 AM
If they do indeed move to Anaheim, will this potentially open the door for the Clippers to move to Seattle? I'm sure the city can get Steve Ballmer to renew his interest in buying an NBA team and a guy like Donald Sterling would be on his knees with the kind of money the Microsoft CEO can offer. Don't wanna hurt Clippers fans, but you guys can just become Lakers fans, while Seattle would be in absolute heaven by getting Blake Griffin and co.

NYKnicksAllDay
04-15-2011, 12:12 AM
I hope everything works out and somehow the Kings can stay in Sacramento. Even though I do not live in New York, as a Knicks fan I'd be devastated if they were moved. It wouldn't be the same.

NYKnicksAllDay
04-15-2011, 12:14 AM
If they do indeed move to Anaheim, will this potentially open the door for the Clippers to move to Seattle? I'm sure the city can get Steve Ballmer to renew his interest in buying an NBA team and a guy like Donald Sterling would be on his knees with the kind of money the Microsoft CEO can offer. Don't wanna hurt Clippers fans, but you guys can just become Lakers fans, while Seattle would be in absolute heaven by getting Blake Griffin and co.

I don't know about that. Pretty sure if I'm a Clippers fan I hate the Lakers. That'd be like telling Knicks fans to become Nets or Celtics fans or vice versa.

spreadeagle
04-15-2011, 12:14 AM
I cant lie....pretty gay :D I was waiting for them to makeout

raidersrock99
04-15-2011, 12:17 AM
^ dude they have been anouncing together for about 10 years, of course its going to be heartfelt *******

king4day
04-15-2011, 12:17 AM
Maloofs are *******s
How is it a smart business decision to move the team within close proximity to two other NBA franchises?

spreadeagle
04-15-2011, 12:21 AM
^ dude they have been anouncing together for about 10 years, of course its going to be heartfelt *******

So what if I work with a guy at the post office for 10 yrs and I get reassigned Im not gunna cry like a baby....CMON SON...people are WAY to serious about this,go to games and your team wouldnt be moved

NYKnicksAllDay
04-15-2011, 12:21 AM
Maloofs are *******s
How is it a smart business decision to move the team within close proximity to two other NBA franchises?

Maybe it's business decisions like that that have caused them to go into debt? :shrug:

spreadeagle
04-15-2011, 12:24 AM
From 57 sec to minute seven I died laughing

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-15-2011, 12:24 AM
I don't know about that. Pretty sure if I'm a Clippers fan I hate the Lakers. That'd be like telling Knicks fans to become Nets or Celtics fans or vice versa.

Ya but the Clippers have been an irrelevant franchise in their whole existence. I don't think their fans would be really heartbroken, except maybe now because they'd lose a player like Blake Griffin. You can't really say the Lakers and Clippers are like the Cubs and White Sox of LA. I don't think theres a huge Clippers fan base like that anyways.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-15-2011, 12:27 AM
So what if I work with a guy at the post office for 10 yrs and I get reassigned Im not gunna cry like a baby....CMON SON...people are WAY to serious about this,go to games and your team wouldnt be moved

You're talking because you've probably never experienced it. When you leave colleagues that you've been with for 10+ years, you will get emotional no matter what, you can't control it. Only way you don't obviously is if you hated everyone and can't wait to get the hell out, but its not the case here.

DerekRE_3
04-15-2011, 12:29 AM

I'm gonna take a wild guess you aren't even employed.

And it's not just being reassigned, these guys could lose their jobs.

spreadeagle
04-15-2011, 12:30 AM
You're talking because you've probably never experienced it. When you leave colleagues that you've been with for 10+ years, you will get emotional no matter what, you can't control it. Only way you don't obviously is if you hated everyone and can't wait to get the hell out, but its not the case here.

whats with the song they played at the end? lol, the old man looks like my grandpa when we tell him there is no more Coors left in the fridge

NYKnicksAllDay
04-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Ya but the Clippers have been an irrelevant franchise in their whole existence. I don't think their fans would be really heartbroken, except maybe now because they'd lose a player like Blake Griffin. You can't really say the Lakers and Clippers are like the Cubs and White Sox of LA. I don't think theres a huge Clippers fan base like that anyways.

I understand what you're saying. I'm not trying to compare them to the Cubs and White Sox because I realize that it complete different because of the size of both of those teams' respective fanbases and the dislike between the two. But If I am one of the few diehard Clipper fans, I would imagine it would be hard for me to become a Laker fan.

spreadeagle
04-15-2011, 12:34 AM
I'm gonna take a wild guess you aren't even employed.

I clean Jerry's shirts for a living

KingPosey
04-15-2011, 12:37 AM

im pretty sure its more like 18 years

KingPosey
04-15-2011, 12:38 AM
Maloofs are *******sHow is it a smart business decision to move the team within close proximity to two other NBA franchises?

careful, thats like 100k fine if Stern catches you...

meloman1592
04-15-2011, 12:38 AM
Feel bad for those guys in the vid

bears88
04-15-2011, 12:49 AM
I hope they miss the deadline, but am sure that's never going to happen. Its sad to hear that they are moving out of Sacramento.

NetsPaint
04-15-2011, 01:59 AM
I'm pretty sure they're fans of the team just like the rest of them.

danniboi168
04-15-2011, 02:23 AM
wonderful fans.. that was touching.

Heater4life
04-15-2011, 02:23 AM
It sucks and i would hate to see my team ever leave. but at the end of the day,these guys OWN the teams. Its THEIR multi million dollar investment and the only reason there is a Nation Basketball Association is because it a profitable business venture.

Yes as fans we all get attached, and i miss the Sonics, one of my favorite teams. Yet we have to be realistic. Dont feed me the "they have tons of money" b.s, its an investment and they owe nothing to no one. If they werent looking to make money they would buy season tickets.

Sad but its the truth, accept it for what it is. Smart men protcting their money.

sacgiants1213
04-15-2011, 02:30 AM
In Burkle we trust.

Lakerhead4ever
04-15-2011, 02:50 AM
wowzers smh

DerekRE_3
04-15-2011, 02:53 AM
It sucks and i would hate to see my team ever leave. but at the end of the day,these guys OWN the teams. Its THEIR multi million dollar investment and the only reason there is a Nation Basketball Association is because it a profitable business venture.

Yes as fans we all get attached, and i miss the Sonics, one of my favorite teams. Yet we have to be realistic. Dont feed me the "they have tons of money" b.s, its an investment and they owe nothing to no one. If they werent looking to make money they would buy season tickets.

Sad but its the truth, accept it for what it is. Smart men protcting their money.

You are right about the protecting their money part. You are wrong about the smart part. The Maloofs are absolute morons and are on the verge of bankruptcy. Instead of selling the team they are stubbornly trying to save their sinking ship by making a desperation move to the LA area in the hopes that it increases their revenue.

Mike515089
04-15-2011, 03:33 AM
Man even as a Warriors fan this sucks. 3 LA teams is going to suck if this happends. Its a sad time for Sacramento fans and its even more considering the Kings is the only professional sports team the city has.

DodgerBulls
04-15-2011, 03:41 AM
I know i'm going to get flame for saying this, but at the end of the day, it is a business. Whether it leaves people depressed and very emotional, we really can't do anything about it. I'm not saying this because i'm a greedy person having another team outside out Los Angeles, but goodbyes are goodbyes. If the Dodgers leave, i'll be very angry and probably will hate MLB for awhile, but you just have to move on.

If you have a business, would you let other people do the business decision for you?

JRisdabest
04-15-2011, 03:47 AM
no way they come to anaheim.

49erGiantLaker
04-15-2011, 03:50 AM
The Sacramento Kings will be missed.

Baller1
04-15-2011, 04:45 AM
Two teams is enough down here in Southern Cali. They really need to keep them in Sacramento.

abe_froman
04-15-2011, 04:59 AM

how is moving a team to an over saturated market while the teams already in that market have deep roots and are more appealing products,being smart or protecting their money???

and yes they do/or at least better have a ton of money because to relocate to socal will cost them hundreds of millions of dollars,so if they dont have tons they cant move

Kashmir13579
04-15-2011, 06:17 AM
They're arguably the best fans in basketball. how can this happen?

kArSoN RyDaH
04-15-2011, 08:18 AM
So it's greed when you're moving your team from a less profitable market to a better one? Uhm, okay. :rolleyes: . Give me a break.

Sadds The Gr8
04-15-2011, 12:10 PM
So it's greed when you're moving your team from a less profitable market to a better one? Uhm, okay. :rolleyes: . Give me a break.

using that logic, maybe we should move every small market team to NY/California then :facepalm:

Weezy
04-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Just wow. Seattle.. now this.

njnets
04-15-2011, 02:02 PM
sad to watch that video. goes to show you how much they actually care about the kings. hopefully they stay in sacramento.

Baller1
04-15-2011, 02:07 PM

How in any way does moving a team from Sactown to an area that already has two teams make any sense? And even then, do the fans not matter to you at all?

commonsense12
04-15-2011, 02:16 PM
I dont get people saying greed is a bad thing. So people every day dont leave one job for another one that pays more? You left because of greed.

For the poster saying 1000s of people are out of jobs, true but 1000s of people are going to get jobs when the team moves to where ever.

Everything is a business and people are hypocrits to think they dont run their lives like one. If people want to move a franchise to a different area to make more money then so be it, you would do the same thing if you had the chance. Dont even say you wouldnt because if someone walked into your job today and said you will double your pay and do the same thing you are doing now you would jump at it.

WolvesJagsOs
04-15-2011, 02:18 PM
sad to watch that video. goes to show you how much they actually care about the kings. hopefully they stay in sacramento.

Yeah man, its terrible. They better stay in Sac Town, but i think it might be too late.

TheDiggler
04-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Let the Kinx stay and bring back the Sonix ! pLEASE

buch88
04-15-2011, 03:57 PM
"I don't think the fight and spirit of this community will allow the Kings to leave and have that be the final story."- Derek Fisher

"yeah whatever, next year we'll be comming back to SACRAMENTO... It don't make sense to me...." Ron Artest

"they're non-violent and always supported the team to the fullest." - Larry Bird''

kings fans have always had that rep of being some of the classiest fans in the league. glad to see other players have also acknowledged that. i live on the east coast and kings fans have always had my respect. LA fans should take some notes. (not generalizing all La fans, but a good majority of them.)

sep11ie
04-15-2011, 05:57 PM
I for one hate seeing this team moved. Over the last few years I've noticed how great the fans are there and how much they support their beloved team night in and night out no matter where they are in the standings. It's great seeing all the quality NBA/sports names out their doing all they can to keep them in Sac town. I heard about the Pittsburgh Penguins interested in buying into the team or moving another team back there(which is what I don't wanna see).

I also saw CWebb was trying to buy into the majority share and was rebuffed. Lets hope the original team stays and I feel for ya Kings fans.

Heater4life
04-15-2011, 06:11 PM
You are right about the protecting their money part. You are wrong about the smart part. The Maloofs are absolute morons and are on the verge of bankruptcy. Instead of selling the team they are stubbornly trying to save their sinking ship by making a desperation move to the LA area in the hopes that it increases their revenue.

I understand where your coming from, but its business. Regardless of their intellect, you dont have to be business savy to know that selling your multi million dollar NBA team to another investor who wants to low ball you is a bad decision.

Like Mark Cuban said the other day "how many multi millionaires want to buy basketball team? Out of those few who is going to pay for that teams suggested market value?"

There not going to sell their team at a loss! So they'll move it. It sucks! but again...its business.

Heater4life
04-15-2011, 06:14 PM
how is moving a team to an over saturated market while the teams already in that market have deep roots and are more appealing products,being smart or protecting their money???

and yes they do/or at least better have a ton of money because to relocate to socal will cost them hundreds of millions of dollars,so if they dont have tons they cant move

Let me repharse before im taken as being a Maloof supporter, there TRYING to make a smart business decision. If it was working out financially in Sac Town this wouldnt be a discussion. Will they more money, i really dont know nor care. But they are TRYING to protect their asset however successful or unsuccessful they may be.