PDA

View Full Version : Griz deal with Z-Bo could be done today

PC
04-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Griz deal with Z-Bo could be done today

Guess who walked into Staples Center last night side-by-side with Griz forward Zach Randolph?

Answer: The team's owner, Michael Heisley.

When asked if that was a sure sign that his contract extension was all but a done deal, Randolph smiled and said: "They're saying its close."

Raymond Brothers is Randolph's agent and he's been locked in nonstop negotiations with Griz general manager Chris Wallace for the past week. After poking around a little bit today, I'm told that the issues left on the table are so minor that a deal could be finalized and announced as soon as today.

"It definitely has a good chance of getting done before the first playoff game," said one source with knowledge of the negotiations.

The Grizzlies and San Antonio Spurs tip off their first-round playoffs series Sunday at noon in San Antonio.

Source (http://blogs.commercialappeal.com/the_memphis_edge/2011/04/griz-deal-with-z-bo-could-be-done-today.html)

m77s
04-14-2011, 05:08 PM
How bout a Happy Birthday Gift for Me today on my Bday! Zbo Extended and Manu the Flopper Ginobili out for the year!!! That's my birthday Wish!!! Happy Birthday to me.. happy birthday to me.. happy birthday dear michael, happy birthday to me.. GO GRIZZ

NYK4L
04-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Hey guys just wondering,,would you have room for Gasol if a deal get's done for Zach?????????????, obviously it's depends on the size of the contract given but I was just curious.

mzgrizz
04-14-2011, 08:22 PM
It could be done. I think Jaric's contract finally comes off the books; don't have Thabeet's extension anymore; Guess it will depend on how heavy ZBo's contract is. Marc has been playing SO much better(for whatever reason) and I would like to keep him. This mega core of players would be lovely to keep for the next couple of years.

MrfadeawayJB
04-14-2011, 11:06 PM
How bout a Happy Birthday Gift for Me today on my Bday! Zbo Extended and Manu the Flopper Ginobili out for the year!!! That's my birthday Wish!!! Happy Birthday to me.. happy birthday to me.. happy birthday dear michael, happy birthday to me.. GO GRIZZ

happy birthday bro...with all this good news it feels like everyday is my birthday!!!

MrfadeawayJB
04-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Hey guys just wondering,,would you have room for Gasol if a deal get's done for Zach?????????????, obviously it's depends on the size of the contract given but I was just curious.

yes it can still be done, and i believe marc loves to play with zach....they make up for eachothers deficiencies, and play very well on high low situations...not to mention i expect OJ to be gone so thats more $ off the books....oh yeah mzgrizz jaric has $7 mil off the books thats correct

mzgrizz
04-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Well it will be my birthday on Sunday, so a Grizz win would be the icing on the cake !!!!

ballouttacntrl
04-16-2011, 01:27 AM
I have to admit if you would of told me last year the griz were going to resign the artist formally known as the black hole i would of said it was a big mistake i confess i hated zbo but i can honestly say im stoked!! I love their front court almost as much as i did my mid 90's supersonics of schrempf, reign man and sam perkins! Now just figure out the mayo thing i love oj i think of the deadline ordeal as a blessing in disguise. Buuuuuut i know its probably fanish of me!

mzgrizz
04-16-2011, 11:19 AM
^^^^Yes . we took a gamble and found a WONDERFUL player and also a hell of a guy off the court. He has been nothing but stellar here in every way. The haters can live in the past and try and dredge up crap but ZBo and company are the real deal. OJ can step it up and make a real difference in our success, so enjoy the ride !!!!!!

lilojmayo
04-17-2011, 12:09 AM
I have to admit if you would of told me last year the griz were going to resign the artist formally known as the black hole i would of said it was a big mistake i confess i hated zbo but i can honestly say im stoked!! I love their front court almost as much as i did my mid 90's supersonics of schrempf, reign man and sam perkins! Now just figure out the mayo thing i love oj i think of the deadline ordeal as a blessing in disguise. Buuuuuut i know its probably fanish of me!

After tonights Bulls-Pacer game I bet Larry Legend is kicking himself for being a minute too late of acquiring OJ Mayo. for pretty much nothing.

He will be kicking himself even more after he see what all the Grizz do to the Spurs this series.

Back to the thread topic. Z-bo locked in. Grizz are now in the drivers seat especially if OJ performs to his talents these playoffs. They could potentially package OJ and Marc and bring in a current superstar next year if they choose to go that route.

MrfadeawayJB
04-17-2011, 12:24 AM
After tonights Bulls-Pacer game I bet Larry Legend is kicking himself for being a minute too late of acquiring OJ Mayo. for pretty much nothing.

He will be kicking himself even more after he see what all the Grizz do to the Spurs this series.

Back to the thread topic. Z-bo locked in. Grizz are now in the drivers seat especially if OJ performs to his talents these playoffs. They could potentially package OJ and Marc and bring in a current superstar next year if they choose to go that route.

Very very intriguing.... I would only consider that if Marc publicly says he wants to be traded (or privatley for that matter), but i dont see it happening. The "superstar" we acquire would have to play the C position anyways, so i dont see the point.

lilojmayo
04-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Very very intriguing.... I would only consider that if Marc publicly says he wants to be traded (or privatley for that matter), but i dont see it happening. The "superstar" we acquire would have to play the C position anyways, so i dont see the point.

Andrew Bogut isn't a superstar, but imo he is better than Marc. And Bogut is much more mobile and his shot blocking ability is simply off the charts

MrfadeawayJB
04-17-2011, 12:43 AM
Yeah perhaps he makes sense... maybe include CDR and memphis fans might be for it...but i still love the Marc-Z-BO combination offensively. But if the Bulls win the Championship i think that eliminates them as a Mayo suiter, also dont forget Heisley does not like trading players to his hometown. However i do see him going east perhaps to New Jersey

MrfadeawayJB
04-17-2011, 12:44 AM
Would you really want Mayo to the Bucks....i mean a Jennings Mayo backcourt is nice but a little undersized

ballouttacntrl
04-17-2011, 01:11 PM
If you were going to push for bogut for the mayo/gasol package id rather go after brook lopez! Obviously OJ is going to have to go off in the playoffs for prokhorov and jay to even entertain that but i rather just mayo emerge as the star he was supposed to be and do it for the grizz!!!! TIP OFF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrfadeawayJB
04-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Gasol def not going anywhere after this performance

mzgrizz
04-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Well it will be my birthday on Sunday, so a Grizz win would be the icing on the cake !!!!

What a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me !!!!!!!!! Thanks Grizzlies !!!!!

I Am Awesome-O
04-17-2011, 08:35 PM
What a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me !!!!!!!!! Thanks Grizzlies !!!!!

Happy birthday mz...

It just got happier:
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/apr/17/sources-zach-randolph-agrees-4-year-deal-worth-mor/

Grizz give Z-Bo 4 year, $55-60M extension.

MrfadeawayJB
04-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Happy birthday mz...

It just got happier:
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/apr/17/sources-zach-randolph-agrees-4-year-deal-worth-mor/

Grizz give Z-Bo 4 year, $55-60M extension.

A little high, but hey, Heisley shows he wants to win!!!

mzgrizz
04-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Thanks Awesome!! I'm OOT and can't get the CA to see what all has been written . Today has been one special day :)

Jason44
04-17-2011, 11:50 PM
I think ZBO deserves this contract. We just need to sign Gasol now

J Falk
04-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Paying Zbo 14 mil a season, Rudy 16....can we afford to resign Marc when teams will probably offer him 14 mil.?

J Falk
04-18-2011, 01:18 AM
whoa...it's a 66 million dollar contract...paying him just as much as Rudy...wow...didn't expect that...I really hope we can afford Marc now

Hawkeye15
04-18-2011, 08:36 AM
You guys will be reliant on the new CBA having the same feature as it does now, which is a "soft" cap that allows you to go over the salary cap threshold to keep a player with 3 years or more of tenure on your team. I imagine they will have that, the players union and possibly owners will throw a fit if you can't go over to keep the players you drafted, but worst case scenario (I give it a 10%) chance, they will have a hard cap and you will be screwed trying to resign Marc. I doubt they do that though, and IF they do, they will give a 2-3 year grace period for owners to start reducing their payrolls.

You guys should have the ability to resign Marc, I would give it a 90% chance.

mzgrizz
04-18-2011, 11:00 AM
You guys will be reliant on the new CBA having the same feature as it does now, which is a "soft" cap that allows you to go over the salary cap threshold to keep a player with 3 years or more of tenure on your team. I imagine they will have that, the players union and possibly owners will throw a fit if you can't go over to keep the players you drafted, but worst case scenario (I give it a 10%) chance, they will have a hard cap and you will be screwed trying to resign Marc. I doubt they do that though, and IF they do, they will give a 2-3 year grace period for owners to start reducing their payrolls.

You guys should have the ability to resign Marc, I would give it a 90% chance.

:D:clap::clap::clap::D
I think so, too!!!

m77s
04-18-2011, 02:33 PM
I think Mark will be re signed no matter what, CBA or No CBA Heisley's not going to go this far, just to peter out at the end and not sign Mark. Even if someone Maxes him, i think Heisley is still confident he can afford that ( his max isnt the same as a Lebron James Max, or a Kobe Bryant Max )
i just wonder if the contract is Deferred, because face it, We have a 3-4 yr window now and will have to have the ability to bring in other guys to help us get further into the playoffs, or win a title... like a Solid Backup point Guard that compliments Conley, and a Shooter, and I even think we need a Backup 3, and a Consistent Scorer off the bench. not saying we need 4 guys, but maybe we could get one or two guys that could solve most of these holes in our lineup,

SluggeR
04-19-2011, 01:18 AM
With you guys still having to re-sign Gasol...MAYO IS A GONER. CORNERSTONES: Gay/Gasol/Z-BO

mzgrizz
04-19-2011, 09:41 AM
With you guys still having to re-sign Gasol...MAYO IS A GONER. CORNERSTONES: Gay/Gasol/Z-BO

Hellooooooooooooo
There's no disputing that !! I mean, we tried to package him before the trade deadline. It's up to OJ now to PRODUCE in the playoffs to cut his best deal.

MrfadeawayJB
04-19-2011, 12:17 PM

tell us something we dont know.... OJ will be traded for a shooter/picks or a big man/picks

MrfadeawayJB
04-19-2011, 12:19 PM
More good news: this is from the commercial appeal

"Just to make certain, Randolph asked for some assurances from the Griz. He wanted to know if Marc Gasol would be back, too.

"They told me they're going to re-sign him," he said. "That's one of the reasons I agreed to the deal."

You don't break promises to a man as large as Z-Bo. Rest assured, Gasol will be back. "
Looks like there is no question about it now!!!

mzgrizz
04-19-2011, 01:40 PM
More good news: this is from the commercial appeal

"Just to make certain, Randolph asked for some assurances from the Griz. He wanted to know if Marc Gasol would be back, too.

"They told me they're going to re-sign him," he said. "That's one of the reasons I agreed to the deal."

You don't break promises to a man as large as Z-Bo. Rest assured, Gasol will be back. "
Looks like there is no question about it now!!!

Reckon this will end the discussion????? OOOOOOOOOPS!!!!! Just heard someone screaming nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/apr/19/perfect-fit/

Here's the link