PDA

View Full Version : Hoopshype NEW* Top 25 List

Pages : [1] 2

allSUAVE
04-14-2011, 12:18 PM
The updated Top 25 has some few new faces and a shift at the top. I was blown away this year by Kevin Love, Blake Griffin and Russell Westbrook, but I was floored by the dominance of Derrick Rose. The tide has changed in terms of young players improving their games at a rapid pace. LaMarcus Aldridge grew up when given the chance to lead his team and he looked spectacular. Injuries and age also caused some veterans to drop, but I stand committed with my Top 25 and now I canít wait to see who backs it up in the second season.

25. Zach Randolph (new)

Randolph has had a difficult time shaking his past and maybe thatís why people donít give him his due, but he is one of the best power forwards in the league. He is a double Ėdouble machine like Howard, Griffin and Love and he should be higher than 25, but I want to see how he does in the playoffs.

24. Tony Parker (new)

Parker is the second best finisher at point guard in the paint behind Derrick Rose. He is shooting 52 percent this season and is a career 50 percent shooter. For some reason, he is always ignored in regards to attention, but comes up big when healthy every year and wins championships to boot.

23. Manu Ginobili (new)

Manu should get more ink because heís the most important player on the team with the best record. Not a great shooter (43 percent) but just knows how to score in a variety of ways. He has been one of the best perimeter defenders in the league for years and flourishes in crunch time.

22. Kevin Garnett (20)

Garnett seems to be using more smoke and mirrors this season regarding his reputation. He is still very valuable and come playoff time more shots are warranted based on his shooting percentage this season. The defense is still good, but has become a non-factor in blocking shots.

21. Paul Pierce (19)

Another solid all-around season for Pierce. He is the true leader of the Celtics and defensively is very underrated. I still believe shedding some weight would elevate his game even more, but heís obviously content to carry it. Pierce is shooting almost 50 percent from the field, which is way above his career average of 45.

20. LaMarcus Aldridge (new)

The kid has become a man by default. Unfortunately, it came at the expense of Brandon Royís troubled knees. Aldridge has taken over as the best player in Portland and itís the go-to guy now. He should garner some MVP votes based on his play when the Blazers were struggling with injuries.

19. Tim Duncan (14)

He still is the best combination of defense and offense in the league at the center position. Donít be fooled by his 13-point scoring average because he only played 28 minutes a game Ė and that was by design. He also pulled down 9 rebounds, a number that will climb in the postseason.

18. Steve Nash (10)

Age pushes him down the list, but he is still the best leader at point guard in the league. He continues to lead the league in assists despite many personnel changes. Nash is the best shooter in the league in my estimation, but prefers to pass and be a decoy.

17. Rajon Rondo (15)

Got off to a tremendous start this season in the assist category and defensively is probably the best at his position. The negative is that his shot has not improved and that keeps him a step behind Chris Paul and Deron Williams.

16. Blake Griffin (new)

The most athletic basketball player I have seen since Dominique Wilkins. Griffin is extremely raw, but yet is a double-double machine. Once he improves his jump shot, he will be impossible to deal with individually. The Clippers have a superstar and now the question isÖ Will they be able to surround him with veteran players?

15. Kevin Love (new)

Despite playing for one of the worst teams in the league, he stood out among power forwards. I donít care where you are playingÖ If you grab 15 rebounds and score 20 points every game, you are very good. Throw in a 41 percent three-point percentage and he becomes a freak of nature.

14. Russell Westbrook (new)

Westbrook was running neck and neck with Amare Stoudemire for early-season MVP until Derrick Rose just went ballistic. He is a power point guard with a fearless barrage of moves to the basket. I love his intensity level during games. I often wondered if he was a malcontent, but the response he gets from teammates says otherwise. He and Rose are the most physical point guards in the league.

13. Chris Bosh (13)

I think Bosh has had to change his game more than any player this year, but thatís what he signed up for. He is facing the same scenario as Pau Gasol and at times looks out of sort. He still averaged 18 points and shot close to 50 percent.

12. Pau Gasol (12)

Gasol has had his usual good year. We expect more because he is so talented, but also we have learned that itís extremely hard to be very consistent in the great but stifling triangle offense that includes Kobe Bryant. Gasol will go minutes without touching the ball and that relaxes a player many perceive as soft and content with his situation.

11. Deron Williams (9)

A bad wrist has held Williams back this year and yet he still put up great numbers. The New Jersey Nets will become a playoff team in the next few years because Williams is the best pure point guard in basketball on both sides of the ball Ė when healthy.

10. Chris Paul (11)

Injuries have held Paul back over the last few years, but he is one of the toughest players in the NBA. He controls the game better than any player at his position and is truly the extension of his coach.

9. Dirk Nowitzki (8)

Dirk is quietly having one of his best years. With career highs in field goal percentage, heís close to becoming a 50(FG)-40(3P)-90(FT) player this year. I still would like him to post up more to solidify his all-around great offense.

8. Carmelo Anthony (7)

The most versatile scorer in the league. His game-winning shots are elevating him into Kobe status. Carmelo could become a good defender if he focused like his good friend LeBron and if it happens, the Knicks could have success in the playoffs.

7. Amare Stoudemire (6)

If there is such a thing as a mid-season MVP, well, Amare was the winner. He has taken the big stage in New York and accepted the challenge of becoming a leader both on the court and in the locker room. I applaud him for allowing Carmelo to become the go-to guy in the fourth quarter despite averaging the most points himself in the last quarter before Anthony arrived.

6. Derrick Rose (22)

I move him from 22 to 6 and therefore this becomes the biggest jump ever in the Top 25. Rose will become an MVP at 22 years old and it is well deserved. I marvel at his stoic intensity level and I am blown away with his ability to change directions at full speed in a crowd. I mentioned in the last blog of this kind that if he made that jumper in the two-man game, he would be virtually unguardable. He has and it will get him the MVP at seasonís end.

5. Dwyane Wade (4)

Did not get the credit he deserved for accepting the best player in the league as a teammate. Wade has allowed LeBron to control the ball and he has career highs in field goal percentage and rebounds. I always believed Wade could be a factor off the ball and he is proving it.

4. Kevin Durant (3)

The best pure scorer in the league. Continues to get better at all facets of the game. I would still like Durant to put on some more pounds and get stronger because then he would hold position better and elevate his scoring even more. He is a true leader also and that is why he will become a champion very soon.

3. Dwight Howard (5)

The most dominant player in the paint. Howard has really improved his ability to score more efficiently and navigate the double team. The best rebounder in the league and also the best defender. The technical fouls need to be controlled because they punish his team.

2. Kobe Bryant (1)

Still the best closer since Michael Jordan, but I think heís on cruise control at different periods of the game. And rightly so. The games and minutes are starting to take a toll. Kobe has become more of a jump shooter and the all-around dominance of his game has dropped a notch, but he is still capable of carrying the Lakers to a third straight championship in 2011.

1. LeBron James (2)

Has not missed a beat in terms of performance although heís playing with two other superstars. The best all-around player in the league. Cleveland became the worst team in the league when he took his talents to South Beach. No, he is not a great closer compared to Kobe, but he makes players better and still shoots over 50 percent and averages 27 points, 7.5 rebounds and 7 assists. Enough said!

THE NEXT 10

Monta Ellis
Kevin Martin
Joe Johnson
Ray Allen
Gerald Wallace
Carlos Boozer
Luol Deng
Grant Hill
Brook Lopez
Al Horford

Read more: http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/johnson/2011/04/13/the-brand-new-top-25/#ixzz1JVz1Qalu

what do you guys think,?

Baller1
04-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Move Wade up to 2, Kobe to 4, Durant to 5.

Westbrook, Paul, and D-Will need to be moved up.

marlinsfan24
04-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Dwight should be 2, Wade 3, Kobe 4, and Durant 5. Chris Paul and Deron Williams should be in the top 10 ahead of Amare and Melo. Other then that, I have no big issues with this list.

allSUAVE
04-14-2011, 12:38 PM
IDK its some what accurate in my eyes

John Walls Era
04-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Pretty good list. Especially having Bosh at 13, shows how underrated he is on PSD.

Tarheels23
04-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Seems like this list is based on scoring alone doesnt it?...

haggis
04-14-2011, 12:42 PM
CP3 and DWill need to be higher on the list

HeatBBall
04-14-2011, 12:46 PM
I see Wade @ 2 and Kobe at 3.

showtym24
04-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Wade is not the second best. Sorry.

allSUAVE
04-14-2011, 12:49 PM
NO Love for the Black mamba no more,smh.

showtym24
04-14-2011, 12:51 PM
1.Kobe
2.Bron
3.Rose
4.Wade
5.Durant

marlinsfan24
04-14-2011, 12:52 PM
1.Kobe
2.Bron
3.Rose
4.Wade
5.Durant

1.Bron
2.Dwight
3.Wade
4.Kobe
5.Durant
6.Rose

Law25
04-14-2011, 12:57 PM
For now im okay with Kobe being number 2, because after this years run ( and hopefully ring) he will again be seen as number 1. I can respect this list. Go Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!

J-Relo
04-14-2011, 12:58 PM
We could argue about it, but it's quite accurate.

I could say Love is too high...

Htownballa1622
04-14-2011, 01:01 PM
Dwight should be 2, Wade 3, Kobe 4, and Durant 5. Chris Paul and Deron Williams should be in the top 10 ahead of Amare and Melo. Other then that, I have no big issues with this list.

Agreed

HeatBBall
04-14-2011, 01:03 PM
1.Kobe
2.Bron
3.Rose
4.Wade
5.Durant

You've got to be kidding me with saying there is no way Wade is number 2 and you got Rose above Wade. :facepalm:

BklynKnicks3
04-14-2011, 01:04 PM
LOl at melo being 8th

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-14-2011, 01:05 PM
What a joke list:facepalm:

#1 is right though

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-14-2011, 01:05 PM
LOl at melo being 8th

yeah he should be around 15th

Baller1
04-14-2011, 01:08 PM
1.Kobe
2.Bron
3.Rose
4.Wade
5.Durant

:laugh2:

Q_bully
04-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Deron Williams should be In the top 10 Smh ,the best pure PG in the league.

But for the most part I agree with it ,no problems

allSUAVE
04-14-2011, 01:10 PM
lol @everybody that think kobe fell to the 6th spot

WadeCounty
04-14-2011, 01:11 PM
1. lebron
2. dwight
3. wade
4. kobe
5. rose
6. durant

dnewguy
04-14-2011, 01:21 PM
I hate ranking players like Wade, Rose, Kobe and Durrant because the team determines how successful they can be, on the other hand guys like Bron and Howard (maybe Duncan) determine how good the team will be.

THE MTL
04-14-2011, 01:25 PM

STFU! Melo is definitely top 10 in the NBA. I guess ur mad cause Kobe wasnt number 1.

bosox3431
04-14-2011, 01:35 PM
STFU! Melo is definitely top 10 in the NBA. I guess ur mad cause Kobe wasnt number 1.

Ya, maybe if he could play defense

KnicksR4Real
04-14-2011, 01:47 PM
I'd put Melo ahead of Amar'e any day.

Avenged
04-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Chris Paul is 10 and Rose 6?

This is an individual rank, they should switch spots.

KnicksR4Real
04-14-2011, 01:49 PM

Coming from the Kobe fan. You actually think Kobe is #1? Because out of my honest opinion, you may call me a Knick fan, but I actually believe Melo is now better than Kobe. Plus he's certainly better than Bosh who is #13. Get real.

JordansBulls
04-14-2011, 01:51 PM

Why should they switch spots?

Avenged
04-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Why should they switch spots?

Because he's better..

Check out your favorite stat of them all (PER & WS).

RIPSweetness34
04-14-2011, 01:54 PM
You've got to be kidding me with saying there is no way Wade is number 2 and you got Rose above Wade. :facepalm:

MVP, best record in the league without Lebron and Bosh Spice, yea I'd say Rose deserves to be above Wade. And if it's just for this season, he deserves to be above Kobe too. Lebron and Dwight you can argue, but there hasn't been a more dominant player than D Rose this season. 7th player in NBA history to average 25/7.5/4. Not to mention he is 3-0 against Wade this season.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-14-2011, 01:55 PM

Coming from the Kobe fan. You actually think Kobe is #1? Because out of my honest opinion, you may call me a Knick fan, but I actually believe Melo is now better than Kobe. Plus he's certainly better than Bosh who is #13. Get real.

kobe isn't #1 clearly

GoatMilk
04-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Kevin Love is too high

Lakerhead4ever
04-14-2011, 02:00 PM
if we are judging off this season alone, it should be
1.D rose (mvp)
2.lebron
3.Howard
4.wade
5.Kobe

But kobe is still the man ppl fear, his days of scoring titles ect are finish. only bcuz he has a team behind him.

Lets not forget he plays with a broken finger, and no cartilage in his knee.
He's amazing if u ask me..yet he always finishes in top mvp runnings

allSUAVE
04-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Because he's better..

Yes they love that stat when they say Melo is not a top 10 player but CP3 per & WS is better than Rose :laugh: AMEN!!

But ,as I say again this is all opinionated.

I love Cp3, me and him got the same birthday but i'll take Drose over CP3

Sadds The Gr8
04-14-2011, 02:05 PM
i was expecting terrible but it's not bad. Westbrook should be above Rupaul though. CP3 should be higher also

lvlheaded
04-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Man people are really disrespecting the black mamba here. He may be getting older but Kobe is still the second best player in the league. D-Will should be in the top ten, other than that the list is pretty good

ackar
04-14-2011, 02:06 PM
another list another debate ah good times!

marlinsfan24
04-14-2011, 02:10 PM
MVP, best record in the league without Lebron and Bosh Spice, yea I'd say Rose deserves to be above Wade. And if it's just for this season, he deserves to be above Kobe too. Lebron and Dwight you can argue, but there hasn't been a more dominant player than D Rose this season. 7th player in NBA history to average 25/7.5/4. Not to mention he is 3-0 against Wade this season.

Wade and Rose played one-on-one this season?

JordansBulls
04-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Because he's better..

I know, but Gasol should be top 3 this year as well. He has led the Lakers the last 3 years in Win Shares on the season and last year led in Win Shares and PER on the season and Win Shares in the playoffs.

allSUAVE
04-14-2011, 02:15 PM
I know, but Gasol should be top 3 this year as well. He has led the Lakers the last 3 years in Win Shares on the season and last year led in Win Shares and PER on the season and Win Shares in the playoffs.

he's trying to say ws don't matter if it do THEN CP3>DRose

Cano4prez
04-14-2011, 02:18 PM
What a joke list:facepalm:

#1 is right though

This

justinnum1
04-14-2011, 02:18 PM
1.Kobe
2.Bron
3.Rose
4.Wade
5.Durant

:facepalm:

Hawkeye15
04-14-2011, 02:20 PM
swap Gasol and Melo, and bump CP3 up 3 spots or so, and its nearly perfect for me

danniboi168
04-14-2011, 02:21 PM
pretty decent list.

Tony_Starks
04-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Yeah I was good until I saw Melo over Gasol and Dirk. Im even questionable about STAT being that high but he did start the season off at a MVP pace so I can't hate.....

KnicksR4Real
04-14-2011, 02:35 PM
man, people hate

smith&wesson
04-14-2011, 02:36 PM
The raptors dont have one player in the top 25... hell they dont have one in the top 35 either. were soo screwed.

jmcelligott92
04-14-2011, 02:37 PM
I love how no one just blew up from what Dnewguy said, how are you going to Diss players wade, kobe, durant, and Rose. ESPECIALLY WADE!! he made your team what it is today, and ROSE made his team better, they HAVE THE BEST RECORD IN THE NBA. Kobe has 5 rings and Durant made OKC relevant

Q_bully
04-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Dwill>CP3>Drose

jmcelligott92
04-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Dwill>CP3>Drose

in 2008 maybe

D Roses Bulls
04-14-2011, 02:44 PM

take that back :mad:

D Roses Bulls
04-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Because he's better..

and check the team records, clutch stats, the fact that boozer and noah missed so many games and that the bulls just finished with the best record in the NBA being led by rose. and if the MVP thread was still up, I could take more stats I posted in there, plus the intangibles rose has.

Slimsim
04-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Good list

Q_bully
04-14-2011, 03:05 PM
in 2008 maybe

No more like 2011.

knicks_champ
04-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Good list.

Melo and STAT :)

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-14-2011, 03:06 PM
KD above Melo blows my mind still.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Yeah I was good until I saw Melo over Gasol and Dirk. Im even questionable about STAT being that high but he did start the season off at a MVP pace so I can't hate.....

I'm not gonna argue about Pau, but, Dirk is not better then Melo.

Cano4prez
04-14-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm not gonna argue about Pau, but, Dirk is not better then Melo.

Well Dirk is better than Pau.. Also KD>Melo shouldn't be debatable

TO to the CHI
04-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Wade and Rose played one-on-one this season?

Great point. Even if they did, it still wouldn't affect the discussion. 1 on 1 is a separate animal altogether. But I agree with you completely that Rose did not beat Wade. The Bulls beat the Heat. Period. And here's hoping there is an upcoming series to settle the dispute between the teams.

As an aside, having win countdown for multiple teams in your signature just seems somehow wrong.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-14-2011, 03:19 PM
LBJ
Kobe
D12
Wade
Durant

In that order

bosox3431
04-14-2011, 03:20 PM
man, people hate

So because everyone don't think your teams players are the best, they're "haters".

sfgs558
04-14-2011, 03:23 PM
of course im biased, but i think monta ellis should be in the top 25 ahead of zach randolph and tony parker

sfgs558
04-14-2011, 03:27 PM
LBJ
Kobe
D12
Wade
Durant

In that order

Correct

Bruno
04-14-2011, 03:28 PM
...could be worse. I don't have any huge gripes.

Bruno
04-14-2011, 03:31 PM

That's all true, but perception plays a big roll when it comes to this stuff. Just ask posters who think Melo should be ahead of Durant/Dirk/Gasol about how much perception plays a part in their decision.

Doesn't make it right, but sometimes mass consensus over-powers the reality on the stat sheet.

EDIT: Bryant led in PER this year, led in play-off PER last year, and led in post season PER/WS during the '09 title run. Until Gasol dominates all those stats across the board/Kobe declines, he just won't get the recognition.

MacFitz92
04-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Don't want to come across as a homer, but don't understand how Dirk is behind Melo or Amar'e.

Bruno
04-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Don't want to come across as a homer, but don't understand how Dirk is behind Melo or Amar'e.

Mavs fans aren't the only ones who share that opinion. I'm purple & gold 'till I'm grey and old and I still take Dirk over Melo/Amare at this point.

Furymaker
04-14-2011, 03:38 PM

defense and rebounding matters too , Melo and Amare are better scorers than Dirk , while their defense are near .

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Well Dirk is better than Pau.. Also KD>Melo shouldn't be debatable

Fair enough... then I'll stick to my original post. Melo above KD and Pau AND Dirk

Idontcare
04-14-2011, 05:24 PM
For now im okay with Kobe being number 2, because after this years run ( and hopefully ring) he will again be seen as number 1. I can respect this list. Go Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree you can't go wrong with Kobe or Lebron but if Kobe gets no.6 an the finals MVP he'll be number 1 again!

Idontcare
04-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Lol at all the heat fans have Kobe 4-5 and wade above him lol ok Lebron is one thing but wade ahead of Kobe and now the 4th to 5th best player child please and lol at the Knick fan who said melo was better then Kobe!
As of now for me it's(idontcareforstats)
1.)Kobe
1a.)Lebron
3.)Dwight
4.)Wade
5.) Durant
After playoffs all will stay the same but Kobe will be 1 And Lebron will be 2

shizzle09
04-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Durant a better overall player than Wade??? good one

BALLER71
04-14-2011, 05:39 PM
1. Lebron
2. Dwight
3. Wade

This our the concrete top 3 in my opinion. This is the first time I've had Dwight over Wade.

4. Kobe
5. Rose/Durant
6. Rose/Durant

Can't make up my mind between Rose and Durant. There's no way you can have a different player on the top 6 ; I can definitely see an argument being made for the order but Bron, Wade, Dwight, Kobe, Rose and Durant are the 6 best players in the league.

5ass
04-14-2011, 05:40 PM
My top 5:
1.Lebron
2.Dwight
3.D-wade
4.Kobe
5.Rose

avrpatsfan
04-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Bosh at 13? Over Rondo, Griffin, Nash, and others? Wow.

5ass
04-14-2011, 05:41 PM
1. Lebron
2. Dwight
3. Wade

This our the concrete top 3 in my opinion. This is the first time I've had Dwight over Wade.

4. Kobe
5. Rose/Durant
6. Rose/Durant

Can't make up my mind between Rose and Durant. There's no way you can have a different player on the top 6 ; I can definitely see an argument being made for the order but Bron, Wade, Dwight, Kobe, Rose and Durant are the 6 best players in the league.

wow i wrote mine before i saw urs, great list ;)

Sportfan
04-14-2011, 05:41 PM
PG's are way too low.

shizzle09
04-14-2011, 05:42 PM
of course im biased, but i think monta ellis should be in the top 25 ahead of zach randolph and tony parker

agreed

BALLER71
04-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Who do you guys think is better, Durant or Rose? That's the only dilemma I have on my top 5.

Cano4prez
04-14-2011, 05:46 PM

Do you really think Griffin is better than Bosh

Cano4prez
04-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Who do you guys think is better, Durant or Rose? That's the only dilemma I have on my top 5.

Durant

kswissdaf
04-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Biggest debate in the game who is the best player Kobe V. Lebron and the answer is................. D Wade

Cano4prez
04-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Biggest debate in the game who is the best player Kobe V. Lebron and the answer is................. D Wade

What does Wade do better than LeBron?

DR_1
04-14-2011, 08:27 PM
D-Rose is definitely better than Wade. He's proven that multiple times this season.

allSUAVE
04-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Everybody list is different ,even ESPN s Skip Bayless

http://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/58637233724456960

Bruno
04-14-2011, 08:30 PM
D-Rose is definitely better than Wade. He's proven that multiple times this season.

Rose is yet to dominate on the biggest of stages yet (playoffs/finals). Lets wait 'till we see how he does this post season. Wade still has him on the stat sheet, and we all know what Wade can do on the biggest of stages (see finals 2006/2010 first round vs Boston).

DaBear
04-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Dwill>CP3>Drose

Reverse that order and it's absolutely correct.

allSUAVE
04-14-2011, 08:34 PM
This is just opinionated ,everybody have a different top 10 list

John Walls Era
04-14-2011, 08:39 PM
The list really isn't that bad.

Griffin isn't better than Bosh. Griffin has done nothing as the number 1 guy on his team except show us a feel good dunks. So as for now hes not in this conversation.

Can't put Rondo because then you could make a case for 4 guys on the starting lineup being on the list.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-14-2011, 08:57 PM
KD above Melo blows my mind still.

BALLER71
04-14-2011, 09:00 PM

LMFAO. This guy has Lebron 4th and D-Wade 2nd.... not to mention he has Paul ****ing Pierce in the top 10.

What?
04-14-2011, 09:06 PM

That may be the worsts top 10 list I've ever seen before but what else do you expect from Skip.

This list is okay except the pgs (outside of Rose) are all to low. Bosh is to high, and Amare and Carmelo should both be moved behind Pau

Also I got Howard at #2 now

Eagles4Lyfe
04-14-2011, 09:14 PM
i never understand for the past couple years why kobe's not number 1 but yet dude's on top at the end.. Lebron's not better than kobe yet maybe in another couple years but for now how the heck is he better than kobe..

Baller1
04-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Skip Bayless just says things to set him apart from others. I know he doesn't believe Lebron is the 4th best player in the league.

Idontcare
04-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Kobe
Lebron
Everyone else

Bookey
04-14-2011, 09:34 PM
What does Wade do better than LeBron?

Close out games & he does have a ring unlike Lebron. :D

goose15
04-14-2011, 09:48 PM
I guess Melo is top 10 huh..

heattiltheend94
04-14-2011, 09:50 PM
1. LeBron
2. Wade
3. Kobe
4. Durant
5. Howard
6. CP3/Rose

xxplayerxx23
04-14-2011, 09:50 PM
I think stat and melo are a little high Dwill should be higher. Kobe should be in the top 3. ROse this year is the best player in the NBA. You know this could change after the playoffs and it might change,

NYYCowboys
04-14-2011, 09:59 PM
My top 10

1.Lebron
2.Howard
3.Kobe
4.Wade
5.Rose
6.Durant
7.Melo
8.Dirk
9.Deron
10.STAT

allSUAVE
04-14-2011, 10:00 PM
There's no factual top 10 list ....only thing is close to the facts is Lebron being the best player in the league ..everything elese is debatable.

D-Block21-Chito
04-14-2011, 10:10 PM

Reading comments like this gives me headaches... Kobe is the best player in the nba. I can see how some would rank him at 2 but who has 5 rings? Melo over Kobe is the dumbest thing I've heard in a long long time.

Crackadalic
04-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Not really feeling the list
1.Lebron
2.Dwight Howard
3.Dwayne Wade
4.Kobe Bryant
5.Kevin Durant
6.Chris Paul
7.Derrick Rose
8.Dirk Nowitzki
9.Pau Gasol
10.Amare Stoudemire
11.Deron Williams
12. Carmelo Anthony
13. Russell Westbrook
14. Chris Bosh
15.Kevin Love
16. LaMarcus Aldridge
17.Steve Nash
18.Manu Ginobili
19. Zach Randolph
20.Kevin Garnett
21.Rajon Rondo
22.Paul Pierce
23.Tony Parker
24.Blake Griffin
25.Tim Duncan

marlinsfan24
04-14-2011, 10:54 PM
1.Lebron
2.Dwight Howard
3.Dwayne Wade
4.Kobe Bryant
5.Kevin Durant
6.Chris Paul
7.Derrick Rose
8.Dirk Nowitzki
9.Pau Gasol
10.Amare Stoudemire
11.Deron Williams
12. Carmelo Anthony
13. Russell Westbrook
14. Chris Bosh
15.Kevin Love
16. LaMarcus Aldridge
17.Steve Nash
18.Manu Ginobili
19. Zach Randolph
20.Kevin Garnett
21.Rajon Rondo
22.Paul Pierce
23.Tony Parker
24.Blake Griffin
25.Tim Duncan

Very, very solid list. I agree.

Rego247
04-14-2011, 11:08 PM
westbrook should be ahead of bosh, aldridge and him should be at the same spot, but i'll give him the slight edge over LA, next year or the year after it won't be the case.

DwayneMVPwade
04-14-2011, 11:19 PM
pretty solid list.

Hawkeye15
04-14-2011, 11:22 PM
1.Lebron
2.Dwight Howard
3.Dwayne Wade
4.Kobe Bryant
5.Kevin Durant
6.Chris Paul
7.Derrick Rose
8.Dirk Nowitzki
9.Pau Gasol
10.Amare Stoudemire
11.Deron Williams
12. Carmelo Anthony
13. Russell Westbrook
14. Chris Bosh
15.Kevin Love
16. LaMarcus Aldridge
17.Steve Nash
18.Manu Ginobili
19. Zach Randolph
20.Kevin Garnett
21.Rajon Rondo
22.Paul Pierce
23.Tony Parker
24.Blake Griffin
25.Tim Duncan

Amazing list dude. I really would only tweak this in the slightest degree. You and I share the same brain

dwadefan03
04-14-2011, 11:37 PM
kd and dhoward over wade is a joke

Duddy
04-14-2011, 11:39 PM
kd and dhoward over wade is a joke

A point can b made for Howard being better than Wade, but not KD IMO

dwadefan03
04-15-2011, 12:11 AM
^ i dont think howard is either. Until he becomes more complete offensively hes not above wade

Crackadalic
04-15-2011, 12:13 AM
^ i dont think howard is either. Until he becomes more complete offensively hes not above wade

Until Dwade becomes anywhere near as good as Dwight on the defensive end is when he'll become the 2nd best player. Until then Dwight is 2nd best behind Lebron

lakeshow3peat
04-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Rose should be top 5

so i will give Rose # 1
then Kobe
wade
Dwight
Amare

LA_Raiders
04-15-2011, 01:01 AM
1. Kobe (Sorry but he plays O & D and he is clutch)
2. Dwight (Best D in the game, great O and he doesnt have 2 superstars on his team)
3. Lebroom (Good Stats but he cant win, and joined 2 allstars)
4. Wade (same as Lebroom but less #s)
5. Rose (Kid is playing great)

marlinsfan24
04-15-2011, 01:03 AM
1. Kobe (Sorry but he plays O & D and he is clutch)
2. Dwight (Best D in the game, great O and he doesnt have 2 superstars on his team)
3. Lebroom (Good Stats but he cant win, and joined 2 allstars)
4. Wade (same as Lebroom but less #s)
5. Rose (Kid is playing great)

So for your convenience to rip apart Wade and Bron, you call Bosh a superstar? And then you go onto say that Wade cannot win? Wow. Worst post of this thread.

Idontcare
04-15-2011, 01:27 AM
So for your convenience to rip apart Wade and Bron, you call Bosh a superstar? And then you go onto say that Wade cannot win? Wow. Worst post of this thread.

You heat fans are doing the same with Kobe having him 3 4 or anything more then that is a shame and shows you how much you really know about basketball only person who has a debate as the best players are Kobe and Lebron period!

stlbest5in2013
04-15-2011, 01:47 AM
list is fine, sorry knicks, we aren't hating cause we dont over hype your players. melo and stat are good players, some knicks fans think their gods, and anything against that is ITO hating. when in fact its not. its the ny way of life, i have lived around there, if you dont suck ny's ****, you are a hater.

LOOTERX9

Because Dirk is a huge choke artist in playoffs. His teams are always favored but always lose!!!!!!! Dirk is nothing special and is not better than the younger Melo.

PrestigeWldWde
1.Bron
2.Dwight
3.Wade
4.Kobe
5.Durant
6.Rose

That is absolutely hilarious. The guy you quoted had a top 5...you post a top 6. Why is that? I think I know why...because you are hating but feeling forced to include Rose so you included a 6th spot. Do me a favor. Explain to me how 2 of your top 3 players in the league can't seem to play like they have 2 of the top 3 players in the league??? The guy that you quoted had it said quite perfectly. I love your constant ignorance when it comes to Rose and the Bulls. Keep hating...or just become a Bulls fan. Wait, we don't need you because the Bulls have the BEST attendance record in the NBA.

PrestigeWldWde
04-15-2011, 01:49 AM
You heat fans are doing the same with Kobe having him 3 4 or anything more then that is a shame and shows you how much you really know about basketball only person who has a debate as the best players are Kobe and Lebron period!

Preach on preacher man.:clap:

LOOTERX9
04-15-2011, 01:51 AM

Wade begged that fraud Lebron and Bosh to come to his team in hopes to get wade a title without shaq. Wade can't be the main leader on his own team and win anything. He proved that when shaq left

SportsFanatic10
04-15-2011, 01:56 AM
wow some people on here are ********....heres an accurate list

1 LBJ
2 D-Wade (kobe lovers hate to see this but its true age catches up to everyone and wade has been better for 3 years now)
3 Kobe
4 Howard
5 Durant
6 Paul
7 Rose
8 Melo
9 Dirk
10 D-Will

SportsFanatic10
04-15-2011, 01:59 AM
Wade begged that fraud Lebron and Bosh to come to his team in hopes to get wade a title without shaq. Wade can't be the main leader on his own team and win anything. He proved that when shaq left

hate much lol...

and wade dominated to win that title shaq was almost a liability at times with the hack a shaq at the end of games. the heat were better with alonzo in the clutch.

of course wade can be the main leader since he has been already...even last year he led the playoffs in points per game but just didn't have anyone to help him and there has never been a player who won on their own.

Purple&Gold24
04-15-2011, 02:01 AM
Kobe is numero uno!!!! haha :P

PrestigeWldWde
04-15-2011, 02:05 AM
1.Lebron
2.Dwight Howard
3.Dwayne Wade
4.Kobe Bryant
5.Kevin Durant
6.Chris Paul
7.Derrick Rose
8.Dirk Nowitzki
9.Pau Gasol
10.Amare Stoudemire
11.Deron Williams
12. Carmelo Anthony
13. Russell Westbrook
14. Chris Bosh
15.Kevin Love
16. LaMarcus Aldridge
17.Steve Nash
18.Manu Ginobili
19. Zach Randolph
20.Kevin Garnett
21.Rajon Rondo
22.Paul Pierce
23.Tony Parker
24.Blake Griffin
25.Tim Duncan

1. There is absolutely NO way Kobe Bryant should be less than #2.
2. There is absolutely NO way Chris Paul should be ahead of Derrick Rose.
3. There is absolutely NO way Christina Bosh should be ahead of Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, or Zach Randolph.
4. There is absolutely NO way Rajon Rondo should be ahead of Tony Parker.
5. Why is Tim Duncan on the list? Did Andrew Bynum drop out of the NBA???

We are talking about RIGHT NOW...not careers. Who IS (not was) currently the best players in the NBA. Keep that in mind next time you make a list.

LOOTERX9
04-15-2011, 02:08 AM
hate much lol...

and wade dominated to win that title shaq was almost a liability at times with the hack a shaq at the end of games. the heat were better with alonzo in the clutch.

of course wade can be the main leader since he has been already...even last year he led the playoffs in points per game but just didn't have anyone to help him and there has never been a player who won on their own.

Wade is still living off that title a while ago, I think fans assume wade is a top 5 player because of his popularity. Wade has not did anything relevant since shaq left Miami. He is too fragile and is a liability to start a franchise with cause of the amount of games and half seasons he misses. He is lucky LBJ decided to join Miami and save wades fake perception of a top 5 player.

PrestigeWldWde
04-15-2011, 02:09 AM

1 LBJ
2 D-Wade (kobe lovers hate to see this but its true age catches up to everyone and wade has been better for 3 years now)
3 Kobe
4 Howard
5 Durant
6 Paul
7 Rose
8 Melo
9 Dirk
10 D-Will

This seriously might be one of the most IDIOTIC things that I have ever read. Please give me back the 1 second of my life that it took to read that. Watch much NBA games? I'm talking about those other than the Miami Flames.

SportsFanatic10
04-15-2011, 02:11 AM
look it up haters wades number are better almost completely across the board and he hasn't won anything lately cuz he didn't have a team around him untill this season.

DaBear
04-15-2011, 02:11 AM

1 LBJ
3 Kobe
4 Howard
5 Durant
6 Paul
7 Rose
8 Melo
9 Dirk
10 D-Will

SportsFanatic10
04-15-2011, 02:12 AM
and he hasn't misses all that many games other the last 3 years either so hes not as injury prone as you'd like to think

DaBear
04-15-2011, 02:13 AM
Wade is overrated. Yes, he is a top 5 player in the NBA still, but anyone who puts him above Kobe at any point is a dick riding Miami homer. Like someone said, he is too fragile and unreliable to be a guy you build around.

LOOTERX9
04-15-2011, 02:15 AM
And as much as I hate LAKERS and thier fans I say KOBE is #1. Lebron is a stats guy. LBJ is good but he has no killer instinct and I just can't put him ahead of kobe while kobe is still winning titles. I use to like LBJ but I realized he is a front-runner who plays great when things are going smooth but cracks when things get tight and hard

SportsFanatic10
04-15-2011, 02:16 AM
who said this was a pick a franchise player to build around thread...we're talking about ability when healthy at this point in their careers here and yes kobe was better than wade but not anymore thats all i'm saying. wade has surpassed him and i think its obvious. just look at how he locked him down this year and look at how much better of a shotblocker he is not to mention a better passer and shoots a higher percentage.

MacFitz92
04-15-2011, 02:18 AM
defense and rebounding matters too , Melo and Amare are better scorers than Dirk , while their defense are near .

How exactly are Carmelo and Amar'e better scorers than Dirk?

The John Wall
04-15-2011, 02:18 AM
For my first post, I, John Wall, think that I should be on this list.

Duncan = Donkey
04-15-2011, 02:21 AM
Nash is too low, especially considering the players ahead of him - Love, Griffin, Rondo, Bosh, Westbrook. Nash is better than all of them.

LOOTERX9
04-15-2011, 02:24 AM
look it up haters wades number are better almost completely across the board and he hasn't won anything lately cuz he didn't have a team around him untill this season.

Meh , same excuses people use for Lebrons playoff failures. By the way 2 straight years Cavs best records but get knocked out in playoffs and it was cause LBJ had no help? GTFO....Players that gag in playoffs such as Lebron and Dirk should never be reguarded as MVP's or League best players until they stop choking and win the damn title already

MacFitz92
04-15-2011, 02:24 AM

Just to add to this they all score basically in the same volume per 36, but Dirk has the best: FG%, TS%, PER, eFG%.

Not to mention Dirk has less turnovers per game, as well as TOV%.

He has a better Drtg than both of them.

He's better than both of them.

SportsFanatic10
04-15-2011, 02:31 AM
Meh , same excuses people use for Lebrons playoff failures. By the way 2 straight years Cavs best records but get knocked out in playoffs and it was cause LBJ had no help? GTFO....Players that gag in playoffs such as Lebron and Dirk should never be reguarded as MVP's or League best players until they stop choking and win the damn title already

hahaha excuses my ***...Kobe wanted out of LA before Gasol and Co. You just don't win by yourself in a team sport its that simple. Lebron had more help then Wade but he still didn't have a whole lot. Think of Wade in the playoffs last year. JO and Beasley and Chalmers were the only options after him. DWright had a breakout year this season but he didn't do anything in Miami. JO shot like under 30% vs Boston and Chalmers outperformed Beasley which is ridiculously bad.

the point being Kobe doesn't win without Shaq/Gasol/Artest(to collect his airballs at the buzzer)/Bynum/Odom and a good bench just like anyother champion...they all need at least some help. good try though.

LOOTERX9
04-15-2011, 02:31 AM

Well they all score near the same amount of points a game but Dirk is a gag artist in playoffs. His teams continue to have great records but lose to 8th seeds! Dirk is older than melo and Dirks teams have under achieved in playoffs way too much. Melos teams were never the favorites to go to finals or win title but Dirks were and just kept failing miserably

MacFitz92
04-15-2011, 02:36 AM
Well they all score near the same amount of points a game but Dirk is a gag artist in playoffs. His teams continue to have great records but lose to 8th seeds! Dirk is older than melo and Dirks teams have under achieved in playoffs way too much. Melos teams were never the favorites to go to finals or win title but Dirks were and just kept failing miserably

Ignorance is bliss.

Dirk's regular season CAREER numbers:
PPG: 23.0
RPG: 8.4
PER: 23.7

Dirk's playoff CAREER numbers:
PPG: 25.6
RPG: 10.9
PER: 24.7

That's wierd.

PrestigeWldWde
04-15-2011, 02:38 AM
look it up haters des number are better almost completely across the board and hwae hasn't won anything lately cuz he didn't have a team around him untill this season.

Do you see why his numbers have been better the past 3 seasons? HE controlled the ball on offense. Take a look at his shot attempts and that should show you how consistent he was. He is a great player, i'm not disputing that, but in a 1 on 1 game against Kobe Bryant, i'm taking Kobe 10 out of 10 times...unless Wade develops a jump shot and a post game.

LOOTERX9
04-15-2011, 02:40 AM
For my first post, I, John Wall, think that I should be on this list.

YAY! Your 1st post and it should be your last.:(

PrestigeWldWde
04-15-2011, 02:41 AM
and he hasn't misses all that many games other the last 3 years either so hes not as injury prone as you'd like to think

Dwayne Wade is about as injury prone as you are with your grammar.

PrestigeWldWde
04-15-2011, 02:46 AM
Nash is too low, especially considering the players ahead of him - Love, Griffin, Rondo, Bosh, Westbrook. Nash is better than all of them.

Very true, it's definitely debatable. He is definitely better than Griffin, Rondo, Bosh, and Westbrook. Love is one heck of a player though. But good post nonetheless.

SportsFanatic10
04-15-2011, 02:47 AM
Dwayne Wade is about as injury prone as you are with your grammar.

lol i love when people get all offended by a less then perfectly written sentence in forums....i didn't know i was in english class sorry about that dumb***. btw u spelled dwyane wrong lol. sometimes when you're typing fast its the point you're trying to get across that matters not the perfect grammar. btw rose needs to get rid of that filthy mustache and he sounds like a nerd when he talks and studdered like crazy in his first few interviews. i have nothing against rose but if you wanna diss wade i can diss rose much worse.

LOOTERX9
04-15-2011, 02:48 AM
:confused:
Ignorance is bliss.

Dirk's regular season CAREER numbers:
PPG: 23.0
RPG: 8.4
PER: 23.7

Dirk's playoff CAREER numbers:
PPG: 25.6
RPG: 10.9
PER: 24.7

That's wierd.

Well then Dirk must lack the intangibles to win cause he keeps losing to inferior teams in playoffs. What is it with that guy? You tell me why he keeps gagging?

The John Wall
04-15-2011, 03:28 AM
YAY! Your 1st post and it should be your last.:(

In 2 years he will easily be on that list.

PrestigeWldWde
04-15-2011, 03:52 AM
lol i love when people get all offended by a less then perfectly written sentence in forums....i didn't know i was in english class sorry about that dumb***. btw u spelled dwyane wrong lol. sometimes when you're typing fast its the point you're trying to get across that matters not the perfect grammar. btw rose needs to get rid of that filthy mustache and he sounds like a nerd when he talks and studdered like crazy in his first few interviews. i have nothing against rose but if you wanna diss wade i can diss rose much worse.

So you bring it down to "dissing"? Are you kidding me? You don't like Rose's mustache? Understandable, but kind of a weird thing to point out that you don't like about another male. Another diss...he sounds like a nerd...really? lol Since you are hearing him talk so often it must be because he's doing pretty damn good. Yeah Rose studdered in his first few interviews. He's not speaking at his house relaxing at home on the couch. He's talking to reporters with a camera 2 feet away from his face. Wouldn't that be a little nerve rattling? Then comes the fabulous sentence of you having nothing against Rose. Wow. How can you type everything you have and then just completely contradict everything you have ever said about Rose. Keep bashing Rose all you'd like. One more thing, I like 5 minutes from where Wade went to Richard's High School. Here's a question for you, do you know why Wade NEVER shares his gatorade/water on his team? Because he supposedly got Herpes from some slutty white ***** in high school. This comes from a classmate of his. Anything else you'd like to add?

Crackadalic
04-15-2011, 03:52 AM
3. There is absolutely NO way Christina Bosh should be ahead of Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, or Zach Randolph.

We are talking about RIGHT NOW...not careers. Who IS (not was) currently the best players in the NBA. Keep that in mind next time you make a list.

First of all calm down. I use the list that was provided in the op and switch it to what i thought was the best list.

Kobe Bryant has been my favorite for god knows how long but RIGHT NOW he is not better then dwight and is not better then D-wade IMO. D-wade is putting up better numbers THIS YEAR then Kobe

Chris Paul is still the best PG in the game. You can argue about D-rose dominating the position but IMO is not a better PG then CP3. People think knick fans are bad about melo being top 5,who i put number 12, but please lets not overrate Rose even further,who is also one of my favorite players.

Chris Bosh is still the better PF in this league. Ive watch and use stats to back that claim up.

Just like CP3 Rondo dominates the game without scoring which is why i put him ahead of Parker

Again Tim Duncan was on the op list so i switch around and im too lazy to put out my real list.

Next time don't jump into conclusions especially if you don't have a sound argument to back up what your opinion

PrestigeWldWde
04-15-2011, 03:54 AM

lol i love when people don't start sentences with capital letters or don't capitalize the word i. is my shift button broke? i don't know. i didn't bother to look for it.

PrestigeWldWde
04-15-2011, 04:09 AM
First of all calm down. I use the list that was provided in the op and switch it to what i thought was the best list.

Kobe Bryant has been my favorite for god knows how long but RIGHT NOW he is not better then dwight and is not better then D-wade IMO. D-wade is putting up better numbers THIS YEAR then Kobe

Chris Paul is still the best PG in the game. You can argue about D-rose dominating the position but IMO is not a better PG then CP3. People think knick fans are bad about melo being top 5,who i put number 12, but please lets not overrate Rose even further,who is also one of my favorite players.

Chris Bosh is still the better PF in this league. Ive watch and use stats to back that claim up.

Just like CP3 Rondo dominates the game without scoring which is why i put him ahead of Parker

Again Tim Duncan was on the op list so i switch around and im too lazy to put out my real list.

Next time don't jump into conclusions especially if you don't have a sound argument to back up what your opinion

I have no problem with you stating your opinion. I didn't put you down. I just clearly stated my opinion. I understand that you want me to use facts to back my statements up so here it goes...
1. You use the words "putting up better numbers"...hmmm...yeah numbers are good and you're right Wade is putting up better numbers than Kobe, although not by much. Who would you rather have with your team down 2 with the ball in hands and 20 seconds remaining? No offense, but you're a damn fool if you say Wade. That's the end of that part.
2. You're exactly right, Rose dominates his position. He's improved tremendously year by year. Let's be honest, if anything Chris Paul has regressed. He was incredible the last 2 seasons, but not this season.
3. I understand you watch Bosh and see he puts up good stats (and doesn't dive after lose balls), but if you are insistent on talking about stats at the PF position just take a look at Kevin Love and Blake Griffin. That just throws your philosophy right out the window.
4. Rondo hasn't dominated much lately besides throwing up airballs and bricks. His defense lately has been relegated to sticking his knees out at players who are driving past him or holding guys trying to come off screens. He's also regressed some. Would you rather start a team around Rondo or Parker? I just don't see how you pass up Parker on that one.

Is this a sound argument now?

SportsFanatic10
04-15-2011, 04:34 AM
well first off lebron missed 1 game...and bosh missed the 2nd half of the same one....then miller got a invisible foul on the deng missed free throw that would of put the last game away for the heat. and the bulls only won the 3 games by a total of 8 points even still. also an offensive rebound was the difference in the other game giving korver the open 3pt dagger. wade is now the heats closer and ball handler at the end of games and bosh is playing better and closer to the rim. lebron is posting up and actually screening for wade sometimes. the heat are different now and its gonna be an eye opener for everyone come playoff time. and lol i'll take any meds i can get you got any?

Baller1
04-15-2011, 04:38 AM
How about you guys stop bickering like children, and actually debate like adults. That'd be a pleasant change of pace.

SportsFanatic10
04-15-2011, 04:45 AM
How about you guys stop bickering like children, and actually debate like adults. That'd be a pleasant change of pace.

naw....who wants to grow up wheres the fun in that.

DoJoTheSlasher
04-15-2011, 05:04 AM
:confused:

Well then Dirk must lack the intangibles to win cause he keeps losing to inferior teams in playoffs. What is it with that guy? You tell me why he keeps gagging?

Jesus you are ignorant.

Tell me why Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, Josh Howard, Shawn Marion, Erick Dampier, Brendan Haywood, Devin Harris, etc... have all been VERY MEDIOCRE once playoff times roll by?

Last season in the 1st round vs. SA, Dirk averaged: 26.7 ppg 8.2 rpg 95.2 FT% 54.7 FG%.

Terry: 12.7 ppg 2.0 apg 37.7 FG%
Kidd: 8.2 ppg 7.0 apg 30.4 FG%
Dampier: 1.0 ppg 6.6 rpg 0.0 FG% (23.6 mpg did not hit a single FG in the series)
Marion: 8.7 ppg 4.2 rpg 40.7 FG%

The year before in the 2nd round vs. Denver Dirk averaged: 34.4 ppg 11.6 rpg 91.9 FT% 53.4 FG%

Terry: 15.2 ppg 2.4 apg 39.7 FG%
Kidd: 12.8 ppg 6.2 apg 51.2 FG%
Dampier: 3.0 ppg 3.8 rpg 50 FG%
Howard: 12.8 ppg 4.8 rpg 38.5 FG%

The year before in the 1st round vs. New Orleans, Dirk averaged: 26.8 ppg 12.0 rpg 80.8 FT% 47.3 FG%

Terry: 15.8 ppg 4.8 apg 43.3 FG%
Kidd: 8.6 ppg 6.8 apg 42.1 FG%
Dampier: 3.6 ppg 4.2 rpg 41.2 FG%
Howard: 12.6 ppg 7.0 rpg 29.2 FG%

These have been the past 3 years after the Finals. Dirk puts up superstar statistics while his best 4 teammates have been absolutely terrible with. So yeah, before you rag on Dirk for "choking", grow a brain or watch basketball.

D Roses Bulls
04-15-2011, 06:08 AM

overrate...... the guy is about to win the mvp which paul never has. the only people that really think paul is better are bulls fans who dont wanna get attacked, psd, and john hollinger and david thorpe. you have this site which is pretty respectable and pretty much almost every analyst and former player that says rose is the BEST pg in the game. you can think what you want, but the majority of the sports world is saying its rose.

meloman1592
04-15-2011, 06:52 AM
Move melo to 7 and drop amare out the top 10

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-15-2011, 07:30 AM
My top 10

1.Lebron
2.Howard
3.Kobe
4.Wade
5.Rose
6.Durant
7.Melo
8.Dirk
9.Deron
10.STAT

very bad list

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-15-2011, 07:33 AM
Amazing list dude. I really would only tweak this in the slightest degree. You and I share the same brain

yes, a very good list, but what the hell Duncan ain't 25th.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-15-2011, 07:36 AM
Because Dirk is a huge choke artist in playoffs. His teams are always favored but always lose!!!!!!! Dirk is nothing special and is not better than the younger Melo.

lmfao

gsgs49
04-15-2011, 08:05 AM

I quoted you before on the same subject and I'll post this again for you,Dirk is one of the best playoffs performers of all time.
In 103 playoffs games he averages 25.6 points(10th all time),10.9 rebounds(26th all time),a PER of 24.66(8th all time),a WS/48 of 0.2059(5th all time),and 13 elimination games with at least 30 points(2nd all time)
On the other hand,your boy Melo had a NEGATIVE WS/48 in the playoffs for 3 years.Guess who is the choke artist?

TylerSL
04-15-2011, 08:20 AM
Make the top 10 like this

1.Lebron
2.Wade
3.Kobe
4.Dwight
5.Durant
6.CP3
7.DWill
8.Rose
9.Dirk
10.Melo

I would agree with that.

tmacsc2
04-15-2011, 08:27 AM
1. LeBron James (2)

Has not missed a beat in terms of performance although heís playing with two other superstars. The best all-around player in the league. Cleveland became the worst team in the league when he took his talents to South Beach. No, he is not a great closer compared to Kobe, but he makes players better and still shoots over 50 percent and averages 27 points, 7.5 rebounds and 7 assists. Enough said!

Are you implying that Kobe doesnt make his teammates better?! Um how do you get 5 rings without doing that?!?! lol

MELO 15
04-15-2011, 08:45 AM
I quoted you before on the same subject and I'll post this again for you,Dirk is one of the best playoffs performers of all time.
In 103 playoffs games he averages 25.6 points(10th all time),10.9 rebounds(26th all time),a PER of 24.66(8th all time),a WS/48 of 0.2059(5th all time),and 13 elimination games with at least 30 points(2nd all time)
On the other hand,your boy Melo had a NEGATIVE WS/48 in the playoffs for 3 years.Guess who is the choke artist?

When the nuggets got to the wcf, what happened to dallas? When they say dirk is a choke artist, there is some truth to that, Melo stuck a dagger in the hearts of maverick fans when he came up clutch to beat the mavericks on there home floor, and all u can hear was excuses of why that clutch basket shouldnt have counted, melo is in a system now, where people are starting to say, u know what? Melo is nasty. And his defense is better than dirks, thats just my opinion. I dont know why all the hate. But one things for sure, people have to notice melos game now, because he's playing on the biggest stage on earth. It takes a special player to come play for ny and be productive, most guys cant do that, because of the pressure thats put on the players, thats why i give stoudamire and melo alot of credit, and tells u all u need to know about lebrons fear of failure and fear to craking down to pressure. Thats why melo deserves to be in that top 10, ahead of dirk

marlinsfan24
04-15-2011, 09:02 AM
That is absolutely hilarious. The guy you quoted had a top 5...you post a top 6. Why is that? I think I know why...because you are hating but feeling forced to include Rose so you included a 6th spot. Do me a favor. Explain to me how 2 of your top 3 players in the league can't seem to play like they have 2 of the top 3 players in the league??? The guy that you quoted had it said quite perfectly. I love your constant ignorance when it comes to Rose and the Bulls. Keep hating...or just become a Bulls fan. Wait, we don't need you because the Bulls have the BEST attendance record in the NBA.

I like Derrick Rose. Kobe Bryant is one of my favorite players in the league. I hate Lebron James and Dwight Howard. And constant ignorance? Ask any Bulls fans, they'll tell you I am a fair poster and I don't put bias into my posts.

1.Bron
2.Dwight
3.Wade
4.Kobe
5.Durant
6.Rose

My list is perfectly fine. It's my opinion. I don't know why you have to go and bash every Heat fan like they are homers and biased.

sixer04fan
04-15-2011, 09:07 AM
No major problems with the list, but I'll go a little homer here and say the Iguodala should be in consideration for the list... At least in the "next ten" list. Not sure what Grant Hill is doing there. I think Iggy is a better player than several of the guys mentioned. Won't say who though, don't want to offend anyone haha.

WSU Tony
04-15-2011, 09:30 AM
"15. Kevin Love (new)

Despite playing for one of the worst teams in the league, he stood out among power forwards. I donít care where you are playingÖ If you grab 15 rebounds and score 20 points every game, you are very good. Throw in a 41 percent three-point percentage and he becomes a freak of nature."

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-15-2011, 09:39 AM

Yeah Dirk is not a choker, I don't know where has he got the reputation of a choker when obviously his teammates ain't showing up not dirk.

gsgs49
04-15-2011, 09:39 AM
When the nuggets got to the wcf, what happened to dallas? When they say dirk is a choke artist, there is some truth to that, Melo stuck a dagger in the hearts of maverick fans when he came up clutch to beat the mavericks on there home floor, and all u can hear was excuses of why that clutch basket shouldnt have counted, melo is in a system now, where people are starting to say, u know what? Melo is nasty. And his defense is better than dirks, thats just my opinion. I dont know why all the hate. But one things for sure, people have to notice melos game now, because he's playing on the biggest stage on earth. It takes a special player to come play for ny and be productive, most guys cant do that, because of the pressure thats put on the players, thats why i give stoudamire and melo alot of credit, and tells u all u need to know about lebrons fear of failure and fear to craking down to pressure. Thats why melo deserves to be in that top 10, ahead of dirk

Why?statistically he's one of the best all time,it's not his fault if his teammates don't show up in the playoffs you need a team effort to win in the playoffs not one player effort,Dirk has been successful and consistent in the playoffs,he led a team with no other stars to the finals in the stacked western conference and he had a lot of big shots in the playoffs also.

And when the nuggets reached the WCF in playoffs Melo had clearly the better team,Chauncey Billups is better than any player Dirk had as the second option and he was the most valuable player of the nuggets imo and the key in their playoffs run,how many playoffs games Melo won before Billups? 3 games in 5 years.

I respect your opinion but I disagree with you Dirk still better than Melo imo and the majority of non Knicks fans agree with me.It's not hate,I don't hate Melo at all, btw he is playing the best basketball of his career since joining the knicks I give him credit for this.

marlinsfan24
04-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Yeah Dirk is not a choker, I don't know where has he got the reputation of a choker when obviously his teammates ain't showing up not dirk.

Same with McGrady IMO. He and Yao were great in the playoffs but their supporting cast was never that good.

Q_bully
04-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Make the top 10 like this

1.Lebron
2.Wade
3.Kobe
4.Dwight
5.Durant
6.CP3
7.DWill
8.Rose
9.Dirk
10.Melo

I would agree with that.

The best List I've seen on here.

But just switch The #6 and #7 and it would be beyond perfect.

nycericanguy
04-15-2011, 09:50 AM
overrate...... the guy is about to win the mvp which paul never has. the only people that really think paul is better are bulls fans who dont wanna get attacked, psd, and john hollinger and david thorpe. you have this site which is pretty respectable and pretty much almost every analyst and former player that says rose is the BEST pg in the game. you can think what you want, but the majority of the sports world is saying its rose.

don't really think thats how players should be judged. CP3 had one of the best seasons I ever remember a player having in 08 and didn't win the award. He carried a mediocre team to elite status. I mean doesn't Kobe have only 1 or 2 MVP in what 15 years?

Now Rose is great, but injury issues aside CP3 is the best PG in the NBA. I used to think D-Wil was up there with him but he's not. CP3 is an amazingly efficient player, his PER blows D-Wil's away.

nycericanguy
04-15-2011, 09:51 AM
The best List I've seen on here.

But just switch The #6 and #7 and it would be beyond perfect.

solid list, except D-Wil is not better than Rose, Dirk & Melo.

Q_bully
04-15-2011, 09:54 AM
But I think Carmelo is Slightly better than Dirk Nowitzki. IMO

Q_bully
04-15-2011, 09:56 AM
solid list, except D-Wil is not better than Rose, Dirk & Melo.

The best pure PG in the league:facepalm:

Double_R
04-15-2011, 10:05 AM
[QUOTE=marlinsfan24;17494524]Dwight should be 2, Wade 3, Kobe 4, and Durant 5. Chris Paul and Deron Williams should be in the top 10 ahead of Amare and Melo. Other then that, I have no big issues with this list.[/QUOTE

THis

gsgs49
04-15-2011, 10:06 AM

What do you mean by best pure PG? best playmaker? Steve Nash still the best playmaker in the league.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-15-2011, 10:13 AM

CP3 says hello

Idontcare
04-15-2011, 10:14 AM

1 LBJ
3 Kobe
4 Howard
5 Durant
6 Paul
7 Rose
8 Melo
9 Dirk
10 D-Will

Wade better then Kobe for 3 years now hahaha oh you heat fans are hilarious... First Lebron has been better then Kobe for 3 years and now wade lmfao if anything Kobe is still number 1 until proven other wise! Coaches and player have him at no.1 and so does michael Jordan deal with it!

nycericanguy
04-15-2011, 10:24 AM

I see you're a D-Wil fan... but he is not better than CP3, CP3 blows him out of the water.

DWIL has never had a PER rating higher than 21. CP3 is consistently up there with Wade, Lebron, Howard...etc... at 25-26 and even came close to MJ in 2008 with a PER of 30.

Theres no way anyone would take DWIL over CP3 or Rose, unless you are worried about CP3's injuries.

Mc Uncle Cola
04-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Deron should be atleast 7-8..he just said hes the best all around PG in the game ...sooo that makes him 11? makes no sence

Idontcare
04-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks for all of you who are disrespecting kobe he will prove once again in these playoffs why he's number 1!

marlinsfan24
04-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks for all of you who are disrespecting kobe he will prove once again in these playoffs why he's number 1!

I am not disrespecting Kobe at all. Just realistically, he's lost a step and Wade, Bron, and Dwight are better players right now. Career wise, none of them have anything on Kobe.

Idontcare
04-15-2011, 12:47 PM
^^ even now I still think Kobe is better then wade and Dwight and he and Lebron are like a tie to me but really if you think about it it's pretty much just heat fans like yourself saying wade is better then Kobe... Sure Kobe defense isn't the same as it used to be or his athletic ability but he makes up for it with his leadership, and skills(who really nobody comes close) he's got the j's the spin moves he makes all-stars look like role players sometimes! Btw how many laker games do you see a year? 20-25 that's not enough to make your ranking on a player!
I'll take Kobe for 1-2 more years then bron,wade,and Dwight will forsure be Better but right now Kobe is still a beast!
He's about to get his 3rd finals MVP and 6th championship!

nycericanguy
04-15-2011, 01:06 PM
^ I"m not a heat fan, I hate them. But as a basketball fan you just cannot argue that Kobe is better than Wade or Lebron anymore. Nothing to get upset about, Kobe is just getting older. It's not "disrespecting him"...lol

knickerbockerny
04-15-2011, 01:23 PM
1.Lebron
2.Dwight Howard
3.Dwayne Wade
4.Kobe Bryant
5.Kevin Durant
6.Chris Paul
7.Derrick Rose
8.Dirk Nowitzki
9.Pau Gasol
10.Amare Stoudemire
11.Deron Williams
12. Carmelo Anthony
13. Russell Westbrook
14. Chris Bosh
15.Kevin Love
16. LaMarcus Aldridge
17.Steve Nash
18.Manu Ginobili
19. Zach Randolph
20.Kevin Garnett
21.Rajon Rondo
22.Paul Pierce
23.Tony Parker
24.Blake Griffin
25.Tim Duncan

This is absolutely the worst list I have seen for the reasons below and a few others.

Carmelo Anthony at 12 is laughable as well.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-15-2011, 01:50 PM
This is absolutely the worst list I have seen for the reasons below and a few others.

well it isn't

allSUAVE
04-15-2011, 01:59 PM
well it isn't

Well to you it isn't but to me it's also a joke. :facepalm:

Double_R
04-15-2011, 02:13 PM

The top 9 is pretty spot on, if that's what you are so worried about.

Carmelo is laughable at 12, since Russel Westbrook is 13, maybe switch those 2.

rapjuicer06
04-15-2011, 02:14 PM
1-bron
2-dwight
3-kobe
4-wade
5-durant
6-dirk
7-melo
8-rose
9-westbrook
10-paul (health reasons, kind of looked like he lost a step, or just doesn't care anymore)

Clocian
04-15-2011, 02:27 PM
lol at dwill and cp3 over rose in some people's posts. people still stuck in 08. how long you gonna give cp3 the injury pass?

cp3 putting up 16/10 on a 46 win team which supposedly doesn't have any other good options to go to vs rose putting up 25/8 on a team with the best record in the nba. no other player(let alone pg) has more involvement in the teams offense than rose and he is still getting better.

dwill I'll give the injury pass to since it just happened this year, but he sure didn't do anything in particular this year except get a hof coach fired and piss jazz fans off, both off and on the court(before injury).

Cano4prez
04-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Wade better then Kobe for 3 years now hahaha oh you heat fans are hilarious... First Lebron has been better then Kobe for 3 years and now wade lmfao if anything Kobe is still number 1 until proven other wise! Coaches and player have him at no.1 and so does michael Jordan deal with it!

Wade and LeBron are better than Kobe right now imo, and i've seen plenty of fans say this, some were even Lakers fans.

Well to you it isn't but to me it's aslo a joke. :facepalm:

That's because you're a Knicks fan

allSUAVE
04-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Wade and LeBron are better than Kobe right now imo, and i've seen plenty of fans say this, some were even Lakers fans.

NO im not a homer ,I've been saying that since his Denver days.

unlike you heat fans who put

1) Lebron
2) Wade <------ Over KOBE or DWIGHT ,yea OKAY

DoJoTheSlasher
04-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I love how none of the Dirk haters even cared to respond to my last post with the evidence that Dirk has no help from his teammates. Just shows that they know nothing at all. How can anyone say Melo is better than Dirk when he hasn't had anywhere near the success Dirk has had in the NBA. At least win an MVP Melo cmon.

allSUAVE
04-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I love how none of the Dirk haters even cared to respond to my last post with the evidence that Dirk has no help from his teammates. Just shows that they know nothing at all. How can anyone say Melo is better than Dirk when he hasn't had anywhere near the success Dirk has had in the NBA. At least win an MVP Melo cmon.

:laugh2: How old is Dirk and how many years he been in the league?

Melo would pass him when he turns 30 easily in points and all of his accomplishments he had in his 12 year career

DoJoTheSlasher
04-15-2011, 02:55 PM
:laugh2: How old is Dirk and how many years he been in the league?

Melo would pass him when he turns 30 easily and in points and all of his accomplishments he had in his 12 year career

What the hell does years have to do with talent? 103 playoff games, MVP, 10 all stars, 10 all nba teams (4 1st), 22k points, plus many more. Good luck Melo.

allSUAVE
04-15-2011, 03:03 PM
What the hell does years have to do with talent? 103 playoff games, MVP, 10 all stars, 10 all nba teams (4 1st), 22k points, plus many more. Good luck Melo.

O if you talking about talent Melo was better this year.

Remember when dirk had that unbelievable season were he won that MVP, only if the season ended well :/

allSUAVE
04-15-2011, 03:04 PM
and i believe Dirk had a MVP year this season im buggin my fault damn .

The John Wall
04-15-2011, 03:06 PM
First off Carmelo Anthony is a drama queen all star while Dirk will go down as a legend in the Hall of Fame. Wanna talk about sportsmanship? Dirk is upper class while Carmelo is a *****. Wanna talk about clutchness? Yeah, Carmelo is on Dirk's level in that but when you can't do it in the playoffs, it doesn't mean jack. Carmelo wanted to go to New York to pair with another superstar because he knows it's hard. Dirk got to the Finals with GOOD TEAMMATES. That's it, good not great.

Anways, my name is John Wall and I approve my message.

allSUAVE
04-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Never mind me man ,Melo is jus top 15 player remember ,im just a homer

allSUAVE
04-15-2011, 03:07 PM

Cano4prez
04-15-2011, 03:07 PM
NO im not a homer ,I've been saying that since his Denver days.

unlike you heat fans who put

1) Lebron
2) Wade <------ Over KOBE or DWIGHT ,yea OKAY

You can make a case for Dwight over Wade, or Wade over Dwight at #2. I personally have Wade 3

rapjuicer06
04-15-2011, 03:09 PM
You can make a case for Dwight over Wade, or Wade over Dwight at #2. I personally have Wade 3

i don't think you can make a case for wade over dwight. you can make a case for dwight over lebron, but it wouldn't win. dwight and lebron are pretty far ahead of the rest

DoJoTheSlasher
04-15-2011, 03:09 PM
And I believe Melo is a really good player. Stat wise he was better than Dirk this year but impact wise, not even close. If I want to win a game I take Dirk. And yes you are being a homer if you believe Melo will have better accomplishments than Dirk by the time he is 30. He won't have more points, as Dirk is still 20+ ppg a year for the next 3-4 years. Dirk will finish his career with around 26 or 27k points while Carmelo MIGHT get there.

allSUAVE
04-15-2011, 03:12 PM

I Can make a case of kobe>Dwight>Durrant> and Drose> over wade buddy get that straight

nycericanguy
04-15-2011, 03:13 PM
And I believe Melo is a really good player. Stat wise he was better than Dirk this year but impact wise, not even close. If I want to win a game I take Dirk. And yes you are being a homer if you believe Melo will have better accomplishments than Dirk by the time he is 30. He won't have more points, as Dirk is still 20+ ppg a year for the next 3-4 years. Dirk will finish his career with around 26 or 27k points while Carmelo MIGHT get there.

come on, they are both great players but its really silly to say Melo won't have more career points. Melo is a career 25ppg scorer while Dirk is 23ppg. Barring injuries Melo will get there, he's only 26, he has another good 7-8 years left.

Dirk has never surpassed 26ppg in all his years, Melo has already had two 28ppg+ seasons.

Cano4prez
04-15-2011, 03:15 PM
i don't think you can make a case for wade over dwight. you can make a case for dwight over lebron, but it wouldn't win. dwight and lebron are pretty far ahead of the rest

I Can make a case of kobe>Dwight>Durrant> and Drose> over wade buddy get that straight

Let's hear it then. Wade is a top 3 player, top 5 at worst i'm sorry.

rapjuicer06
04-15-2011, 03:15 PM

Let's hear it then. Wade is a top 3 player, top 5 at worst i'm sorry.

really? a facepalm? thats cool i'll do it to you too homer

Cano4prez
04-15-2011, 03:20 PM
really? a facepalm? thats cool i'll do it to you too homer

It's funny because you're a Magic fan who thinks their is no argument for Wade>Dwight :laugh2:

allSUAVE
04-15-2011, 03:24 PM
It's funny because you're a Magic fan who thinks their is no argument for Wade>Dwight :laugh2:

there really isn't smh, I Dont see what's funny.

Dwight Howard>>>100X OVER Dwayne Wade the injury prone 30 year old.

Cano4prez
04-15-2011, 03:27 PM
there really isn't smh, I Don't see what's funny.

Dwight Howard>>>100X OVER Dwayne Wade the injury prone 30 year old.

Laughable.

DoJoTheSlasher
04-15-2011, 03:27 PM
come on, they are both great players but its really silly to say Melo won't have more career points. Melo is a career 25ppg scorer while Dirk is 23ppg. Barring injuries Melo will get there, he's only 26, he has another good 7-8 years left.

Dirk has never surpassed 26ppg in all his years, Melo has already had two 28ppg+ seasons.

I know he can but it will be close. And even if he does, it still won't make him a better player. Also you have to factor in if New York gets Paul, Williams, Howard, etc... Melo's scoring would go down to about 24.

DoJoTheSlasher
04-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Dwyane Wade is better than Dwight Howard but it's not that much. I take Howard to start a franchise though.

JB0B0
04-15-2011, 03:37 PM
The hoopshype top 10 is pretty accurate imo. I don't see why Wade should be ahead of Kobe. Kobe is a better player and has more rings....should not be an argument.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-15-2011, 03:41 PM

LeBron is clearly better than Kobe right now, but Kobe could take the best player title again if he plays like the best in the playoffs.

But I can't see how Wade is better than Kobe.
At best they are equal.

Crackadalic
04-15-2011, 03:41 PM

No it is not. I swear as soon as we get Melo we overrate him as hell. Were talking about the WHOLE SEASON not the last few weeks were he played his best basketball. And From what Ive watch all season he did not out perform the other 11 ahead of him. I also told the other poster that is not my true top 25 and i only switch up some names here and there from the original op's list. The last 10 or 12 i pretty much rush so its not 100% how i feel they should place(ex Duncan at 25) but the 1st 15 IMO is right

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-15-2011, 03:42 PM

yes Dirk is much much better than Melo.
Only advantage Melo has is the age factor nothing more.

allSUAVE
04-15-2011, 03:52 PM
yes Dirk is much much better than Melo.
Only advantage Melo has is the age factor nothing more.

and who are you? your nothing but a regular guy in here basing your opinion.

allSUAVE
04-15-2011, 03:53 PM
No it is not. I swear as soon as we get Melo we overrate him as hell. Were talking about the WHOLE SEASON not the last few weeks were he played his best basketball. And From what Ive watch all season he did not out perform the other 11 ahead of him. I also told the other poster that is not my true top 25 and i only switch up some names here and there from the original op's list. The last 10 or 12 i pretty much rush so its not 100% how i feel they should place(ex Duncan at 25) but the 1st 15 IMO is right

and what is your drug of choice? oh i see? smh no good!

allSUAVE
04-15-2011, 03:55 PM
The hoopshype top 10 is pretty accurate imo. I don't see why Wade should be ahead of Kobe. Kobe is a better player and has more rings....should not be an argument.

this

rapjuicer06
04-15-2011, 03:56 PM
i think its funny how there was just a thread that made a very valid argument that dwight is in fact better than lebron, and now people are saying dwade is better than dwight. offensively dwade is better, 2 points a game better. defensively dwight blows dwade away. as a complete player yes, dwight is better than dwade and its really not close

Korman12
04-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Pretty accurate, although surprised by Bosh's place like I imagine everyone else might be.

knickerbockerny
04-15-2011, 03:59 PM
1.Lebron
2.Dwight Howard
3.Dwayne Wade
4.Kobe Bryant
5.Kevin Durant
6.Chris Paul
7.Derrick Rose
8.Dirk Nowitzki
9.Pau Gasol
10.Amare Stoudemire
11.Deron Williams
12. Carmelo Anthony
13. Russell Westbrook
14. Chris Bosh
15.Kevin Love
16. LaMarcus Aldridge
17.Steve Nash
18.Manu Ginobili
19. Zach Randolph
20.Kevin Garnett
21.Rajon Rondo
22.Paul Pierce
23.Tony Parker
24.Blake Griffin
25.Tim Duncan

First off I would like to say that I believe the hoopshype list is one of the most accurate I have seen. Though I don't believe D Wade is a top 5 player I would replace him with Rose in a heartbeat, placing Wade at 6.

Now back to Crack... The reason why I say your list is laughable is look where you have Kobe Bryant. Regardless of his age and using your criteria you cant tell me that Wade had a better season than him. Anyway you look at it Kobe is the better player.

Dwight Howard and Kobe play two different positions, but Howard is not a better player than him either. Kobe is the most complete player in the game. Howard is just now crafting his offensive skills. I would even take Kobe over Lebron. But for argument sake I will make them 1a and 1b.

Now you have Chris Paul higher than Derrick Rose. If this was two seasons ago than yes. But Rose's numbers and overall impact puts him above Chris Paul.

Than you have Dirk Nowitski and Paul Gasol above Carmelo Anthony. I choose those two because the major argument for why Carmelo is not a top 5 player is his lack of defense... ok... those two don't play defense either. So lets look at the offensive numbers now... Carmelo offensive numbers beats theirs not only this season, but for their careers.

Then you have Chris Bosh higher than Lamarcus Aldridge? Steve Nash? I hope you was in a rush like you said when you made that decision.

Like I don't see the consistency in a lot of these lists.

Crackadalic
04-15-2011, 03:59 PM
and what is your drug of choice? oh i see? smh no good!

Very Funny. So your saying Melo outperform his teammate Amare who played close to a MVP in the middle of the season? Ill admit Melo is playing better then anybody right now for almost a month but were talking about the whole season man.

knickerbockerny
04-15-2011, 04:03 PM
How can one make an argument for why one person is a top 5 or 10 player, than disregard that same argument when it does not affect another player, for another argument?

Crackadalic
04-15-2011, 04:17 PM
First off I would like to say that I believe the hoopshype list is one of the most accurate I have seen. Though I don't believe D Wade is a top 5 player I would replace him with Durant in a heartbeat.

Now back to Crack... The reason why I say your list is laughable is look where you have Kobe Bryant. Regardless of his age and using your criteria you cant tell me that Wade had a better season than him. Anyway you look at it Kobe is the better player.

Dwight Howard and Kobe play two different positions, but Howard is not a better player than him either. Kobe is the most complete player in the game. Howard is just now crafting his offensive skills. I would even take Kobe over Lebron. But for argument sake I will make them 1a and 1b.

Now you have Chris Paul higher than Derrick Rose. If this was two seasons ago than yes. But Rose's numbers and overall impact puts him above Chris Paul.

Than you have Dirk Nowitski and Paul Gasol above Carmelo Anthony. I choose those two because the major argument for why Carmelo is not a top 5 player is his lack of defense... ok... those two don't play defense either. So lets look at the offensive numbers now... Carmelo offensive numbers beats theirs not only this season, but for their careers.

Then you have Chris Bosh higher than Lamarcus Aldridge? Steve Nash? I hope you was in a rush like you said when you made that decision.

Kobe does not impact the game as well as Dwight on the defensive end this season. Ill even put Kg as close second in terms of his defense and also playing different positions shouldn't matter. Ill even move Kobe up a spot but IMO D-wade had a slightly better year then kobe.

There's also the debate with CP3 and D-rose and i just feel CP3, even in a down year, impacts the game a little bit more then D-rose because he makes those around him better. That hornets team has no scoring threat whats so ever and there team isnt that good without him yet he carried them to a strong western conference in the post season.

Not this is where i have to disagree. Pau Gasol has been the defender this year then Carmelo. He shoots a higher % in both per and Advance then Carmelo. He has been the better passer then Carmelo. Yes Melo is a diverse scorer then can't be touch and is clutch as hell but he did not have a better season then Pau. To me this was Melo's down year since i Know he is capable of playing better

Say what you want about Dirk but he has been playing at a MVP level all year before he got injured. He isnt as good as Pau on defense and you can say he is slightly better then Melo on defense. His shooting % in both per and advance is also better then melo

I just feel This is a down year for melo but he is gonna play like a top 5 player come post season but since were talking about THIS SEASON he is at 12.

Your right on LA and Nash being ahead on Bosh. I apologize on that part. Was kinda in a rush with the last 15

D Roses Bulls
04-15-2011, 04:20 PM
don't really think thats how players should be judged. CP3 had one of the best seasons I ever remember a player having in 08 and didn't win the award. He carried a mediocre team to elite status. I mean doesn't Kobe have only 1 or 2 MVP in what 15 years?

Now Rose is great, but injury issues aside CP3 is the best PG in the NBA. I used to think D-Wil was up there with him but he's not. CP3 is an amazingly efficient player, his PER blows D-Wil's away.

understandable and I do agree. I mean personally, I think wade is the best player in the NBA and he has never even won the award, but not only is he gonna win the mvp, he carried a injury riddled team to the best record in the NBA and has out performed both williams and paul every time he has played them this year. I mean do you realize, paul has NEVER even beaten rose in the 3 years rose has been in the league. Personally for me, I think it goes rose, williams, and than paul.

MiamiWadeCounty
04-15-2011, 04:38 PM
1. LBJ
2. Kobe
3. Wade
4. Dwight
5. CP3
6. Durant
7. D.Will
8. Rose
9. Dirk
10. Pau

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-15-2011, 04:44 PM
First off I would like to say that I believe the hoopshype list is one of the most accurate I have seen. Though I don't believe D Wade is a top 5 player I would replace him with Rose in a heartbeat, placing Wade at 6.

Bolded text is a joke.

Agree with everything else though.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-15-2011, 04:46 PM
understandable and I do agree. I mean personally, I think wade is the best player in the NBA and he has never even won the award, but not only is he gonna win the mvp, he carried a injury riddled team to the best record in the NBA and has out performed both williams and paul every time he has played them this year. I mean do you realize, paul has NEVER even beaten rose in the 3 years rose has been in the league. Personally for me, I think it goes rose, williams, and than paul.

hell no

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-15-2011, 04:47 PM
1. LBJ
2. Kobe
3. Wade
4. Dwight
5. CP3
6. Durant
7. D.Will
8. Rose
9. Dirk
10. Pau

good list bro

Idontcare
04-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Can someone please tell me what wade is better then Kobe at besides attacking the hole and getting touch fouls called in his favor?

ttam68
04-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Guess they love offense

rapjuicer06
04-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Guess they love offense

pretty much. i mean they all barely score more than dwight does a game, but yet no one is close to him on the defensive side of the ball. i guess since no one plays defense anymore it just doesn't matter. defense = overrated

Q_bully
04-15-2011, 05:19 PM
1) LBJ
2) Dwight
3) Kobe
4) Durant
5) D.Rose
6) D.Wade
7) Dwill
8) CP3
9) Carmelo
10) P.Gasol

My honest Top10 IMO

gsgs49
04-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Kobe does not impact the game as well as Dwight on the defensive end this season. Ill even put Kg as close second in terms of his defense and also playing different positions shouldn't matter. Ill even move Kobe up a spot but IMO D-wade had a slightly better year then kobe.

There's also the debate with CP3 and D-rose and i just feel CP3, even in a down year, impacts the game a little bit more then D-rose because he makes those around him better. That hornets team has no scoring threat whats so ever and there team isnt that good without him yet he carried them to a strong western conference in the post season.

Not this is where i have to disagree. Pau Gasol has been the defender this year then Carmelo. He shoots a higher % in both per and Advance then Carmelo. He has been the better passer then Carmelo. Yes Melo is a diverse scorer then can't be touch and is clutch as hell but he did not have a better season then Pau. To me this was Melo's down year since i Know he is capable of playing better

Say what you want about Dirk but he has been playing at a MVP level all year before he got injured. He isnt as good as Pau on defense and you can say he is slightly better then Melo on defense. His shooting % in both per and advance is also better then melo

I just feel This is a down year for melo but he is gonna play like a top 5 player come post season but since were talking about THIS SEASON he is at 12.

Your right on LA and Nash being ahead on Bosh. I apologize on that part. Was kinda in a rush with the last 15

Great post,I agree on everything but Melo is playing much better since joining the knicks,good luck in the playoffs guys.

gsgs49
04-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Bolded text is a joke.

Seriously? you use stats and specially advanced stats more than anybody on this site and you think that Kobe still better than Dwight and Rose is better than CP3! His whole post is a joke.

knickerbockerny
04-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Bolded text is a joke.

You a joke... whats up!!!

gsgs49
04-15-2011, 05:40 PM
1-Lebron
2-Dwight
3-Wade
4-Kobe
5-CP3
6-Durant
7-Dirk
8-Rose
9-Pau
10-Dwill
11-Amare
12-Westbrook
13-Melo
14-Love
15-Nash
16-Aldrige
17-Horford
18-Garnett
19-Pierce
20-Duncan
21-Rondo
22-Griffin
23-Bosh
24-Manu
25-Iguadala
This is my top 25

SportsFanatic10
04-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Can someone please tell me what wade is better then Kobe at besides attacking the hole and getting touch fouls called in his favor?

sure no problem lets see...blocks by a mile, steals, rebounding, shooting % overall efficiency and oh yeah better passer with assists too does that cover it? also not a ball hog hes better off the ball. all that and hes 3 inches shorter....don't get me wrong kobe prime is better than wade prime but i'm talking right now and its obvious wade has surpassed him.

SportsFanatic10
04-15-2011, 06:00 PM
1) LBJ
2) Dwight
3) Kobe
4) Durant
5) D.Rose
6) D.Wade
7) Dwill
8) CP3
9) Carmelo
10) P.Gasol

My honest Top10 IMO

hahahahahaha

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Seriously? you use stats and specially advanced stats more than anybody on this site and you think that Kobe still better than Dwight and Rose is better than CP3! His whole post is a joke.

hell I missed the Rose part, but yeah CP3 is the best PG in the game.

Kobe is better than Dwight but it is close, Lakers are a joke when Kobe isn't on the floor.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Your the only real joke here. Or just a Fool.

I hate the Knicks and I Still can't Honestly say Carmelo is not a top 10 talent in the NBA despite his lack of defense he's still a top 10 player in this league.

Please post your top10

Idontcare
04-15-2011, 06:38 PM
sure no problem lets see...blocks by a mile, steals, rebounding, shooting % overall efficiency and oh yeah better passer with assists too does that cover it? also not a ball hog hes better off the ball. all that and hes 3 inches shorter....don't get me wrong kobe prime is better than wade prime but i'm talking right now and its obvious wade has surpassed him.

Ill give you blocks, steals are about the same rebounding really Kobe doesn't need to rebound with that much size on his team,wade does! And sure wade averages more assist but Kobe is a better passer(triangle limits his assist numbers) and no way in hell is he better off the ball... One more thing is he attacks the basket more and gets alot of calls who unlike Kobe doesn't and that causes wades % to go up and kobes down!
Kobe is also more skilled
His leadership is 10x greater then wades
And he's more clutch
Game.Set.match winner=Kobe!

wmudford
04-15-2011, 08:13 PM
1. Lebron
2. Dwight
3. Wade
4. Kobe
5. Rose, Cp3, D-Will (Can't argue with any of them)

wmudford
04-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Ill give you blocks, steals are about the same rebounding really Kobe doesn't need to rebound with that much size on his team,wade does! And sure wade averages more assist but Kobe is a better passer(triangle limits his assist numbers) and no way in hell is he better off the ball... One more thing is he attacks the basket more and gets alot of calls who unlike Kobe doesn't and that causes wades % to go up and kobes down!
And he's more clutch

1. Kobe may be more skilled a creating a shot, but that's IT
2. What makes him a better leader? Throwing tantrums at teammates even when it's his mistake?
3. Wade has had to many game winning shots and an incredibly unlikely finals run to determine kobe is more clutch

From a suns fan, wade is better

AIRMAR72
04-15-2011, 08:37 PM
The updated Top 25 has some few new faces and a shift at the top. I was blown away this year by Kevin Love, Blake Griffin and Russell Westbrook, but I was floored by the dominance of Derrick Rose. The tide has changed in terms of young players improving their games at a rapid pace. LaMarcus Aldridge grew up when given the chance to lead his team and he looked spectacular. Injuries and age also caused some veterans to drop, but I stand committed with my Top 25 and now I canít wait to see who backs it up in the second season.

25. Zach Randolph (new)

Randolph has had a difficult time shaking his past and maybe thatís why people donít give him his due, but he is one of the best power forwards in the league. He is a double Ėdouble machine like Howard, Griffin and Love and he should be higher than 25, but I want to see how he does in the playoffs.

24. Tony Parker (new)

Parker is the second best finisher at point guard in the paint behind Derrick Rose. He is shooting 52 percent this season and is a career 50 percent shooter. For some reason, he is always ignored in regards to attention, but comes up big when healthy every year and wins championships to boot.

23. Manu Ginobili (new)

Manu should get more ink because heís the most important player on the team with the best record. Not a great shooter (43 percent) but just knows how to score in a variety of ways. He has been one of the best perimeter defenders in the league for years and flourishes in crunch time.

22. Kevin Garnett (20)

Garnett seems to be using more smoke and mirrors this season regarding his reputation. He is still very valuable and come playoff time more shots are warranted based on his shooting percentage this season. The defense is still good, but has become a non-factor in blocking shots.

21. Paul Pierce (19)

Another solid all-around season for Pierce. He is the true leader of the Celtics and defensively is very underrated. I still believe shedding some weight would elevate his game even more, but heís obviously content to carry it. Pierce is shooting almost 50 percent from the field, which is way above his career average of 45.

20. LaMarcus Aldridge (new)

The kid has become a man by default. Unfortunately, it came at the expense of Brandon Royís troubled knees. Aldridge has taken over as the best player in Portland and itís the go-to guy now. He should garner some MVP votes based on his play when the Blazers were struggling with injuries.

19. Tim Duncan (14)

He still is the best combination of defense and offense in the league at the center position. Donít be fooled by his 13-point scoring average because he only played 28 minutes a game Ė and that was by design. He also pulled down 9 rebounds, a number that will climb in the postseason.

18. Steve Nash (10)

Age pushes him down the list, but he is still the best leader at point guard in the league. He continues to lead the league in assists despite many personnel changes. Nash is the best shooter in the league in my estimation, but prefers to pass and be a decoy.

17. Rajon Rondo (15)

Got off to a tremendous start this season in the assist category and defensively is probably the best at his position. The negative is that his shot has not improved and that keeps him a step behind Chris Paul and Deron Williams.

16. Blake Griffin (new)

The most athletic basketball player I have seen since Dominique Wilkins. Griffin is extremely raw, but yet is a double-double machine. Once he improves his jump shot, he will be impossible to deal with individually. The Clippers have a superstar and now the question isÖ Will they be able to surround him with veteran players?

15. Kevin Love (new)

Despite playing for one of the worst teams in the league, he stood out among power forwards. I donít care where you are playingÖ If you grab 15 rebounds and score 20 points every game, you are very good. Throw in a 41 percent three-point percentage and he becomes a freak of nature.

14. Russell Westbrook (new)

Westbrook was running neck and neck with Amare Stoudemire for early-season MVP until Derrick Rose just went ballistic. He is a power point guard with a fearless barrage of moves to the basket. I love his intensity level during games. I often wondered if he was a malcontent, but the response he gets from teammates says otherwise. He and Rose are the most physical point guards in the league.

13. Chris Bosh (13)

I think Bosh has had to change his game more than any player this year, but thatís what he signed up for. He is facing the same scenario as Pau Gasol and at times looks out of sort. He still averaged 18 points and shot close to 50 percent.

12. Pau Gasol (12)

Gasol has had his usual good year. We expect more because he is so talented, but also we have learned that itís extremely hard to be very consistent in the great but stifling triangle offense that includes Kobe Bryant. Gasol will go minutes without touching the ball and that relaxes a player many perceive as soft and content with his situation.

11. Deron Williams (9)

A bad wrist has held Williams back this year and yet he still put up great numbers. The New Jersey Nets will become a playoff team in the next few years because Williams is the best pure point guard in basketball on both sides of the ball Ė when healthy.

10. Chris Paul (11)

Injuries have held Paul back over the last few years, but he is one of the toughest players in the NBA. He controls the game better than any player at his position and is truly the extension of his coach.

9. Dirk Nowitzki (8)

Dirk is quietly having one of his best years. With career highs in field goal percentage, heís close to becoming a 50(FG)-40(3P)-90(FT) player this year. I still would like him to post up more to solidify his all-around great offense.

8. Carmelo Anthony (7)

The most versatile scorer in the league. His game-winning shots are elevating him into Kobe status. Carmelo could become a good defender if he focused like his good friend LeBron and if it happens, the Knicks could have success in the playoffs.

7. Amare Stoudemire (6)

If there is such a thing as a mid-season MVP, well, Amare was the winner. He has taken the big stage in New York and accepted the challenge of becoming a leader both on the court and in the locker room. I applaud him for allowing Carmelo to become the go-to guy in the fourth quarter despite averaging the most points himself in the last quarter before Anthony arrived.

6. Derrick Rose (22)

I move him from 22 to 6 and therefore this becomes the biggest jump ever in the Top 25. Rose will become an MVP at 22 years old and it is well deserved. I marvel at his stoic intensity level and I am blown away with his ability to change directions at full speed in a crowd. I mentioned in the last blog of this kind that if he made that jumper in the two-man game, he would be virtually unguardable. He has and it will get him the MVP at seasonís end.

5. Dwyane Wade (4)

Did not get the credit he deserved for accepting the best player in the league as a teammate. Wade has allowed LeBron to control the ball and he has career highs in field goal percentage and rebounds. I always believed Wade could be a factor off the ball and he is proving it.

4. Kevin Durant (3)

The best pure scorer in the league. Continues to get better at all facets of the game. I would still like Durant to put on some more pounds and get stronger because then he would hold position better and elevate his scoring even more. He is a true leader also and that is why he will become a champion very soon.

3. Dwight Howard (5)

The most dominant player in the paint. Howard has really improved his ability to score more efficiently and navigate the double team. The best rebounder in the league and also the best defender. The technical fouls need to be controlled because they punish his team.

2. Kobe Bryant (1)

Still the best closer since Michael Jordan, but I think heís on cruise control at different periods of the game. And rightly so. The games and minutes are starting to take a toll. Kobe has become more of a jump shooter and the all-around dominance of his game has dropped a notch, but he is still capable of carrying the Lakers to a third straight championship in 2011.

1. LeBron James (2)

THE NEXT 10

Monta Ellis
Kevin Martin
Joe Johnson
Ray Allen
Gerald Wallace
Carlos Boozer
Luol Deng
Grant Hill
Brook Lopez
Al Horford

Read more: http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/johnson/2011/04/13/the-brand-new-top-25/#ixzz1JVz1Qalu

what do you guys think,?

you need to be smacked for making that list kobe over rose,westbrook.durant.wade are serious wesely mathew rite NOW is better player than kobe at the same age futhermore kobe cant guard non these guys kobe is top 10-15 the new young guys in today NBA are way better than kobe when kobe was their age

SportsFanatic10
04-15-2011, 08:45 PM
And he's more clutch

wow i love that triangle excuse to cover kobe's poor assist numbers. umm wade has lebron handling the ball the majority of the time or else he'd average 6 or more assists per game just like he always used to. and yes wade is better off the ball think back to team USA where he came off the bench and led the team in scoring without hardly touching the ball. and this year he's had it alot less than kobe and still puts up better numbers more efficiently as well. kobe is the better leader like you said i think but i also remember there was a player poll asking who they'd least like to play with and kobe was the winner(or i guess the loser lol).
game.set.FLASH