PDA

View Full Version : First Round Match-Up: Mavericks V Blazers

JasonJohnHorn
04-14-2011, 09:31 AM
This is going to be a hard series to watch, primarily because Portland, a very talented team, will simply not be putting out their best product on the floor due to injuries. it is true that Marcus has grown as a leader and has helped these guys truck along through out the regular season, but over a seven game series with an experienced coach, I just can see them being able to make up for all the losses they have right now. Brandon Roy is not Brandon Roy anymore, Camby has jsut returned form injury and has been getting few minutes and Oden is of course in street clothes. If these guys were threre and healthy and playing at 100%, I'd give the series to Portland but they arent.

Dallas has, in my opinion their best team ever. They finaly have a defensive presence in the post that can rebound in Chandler and a great back-up in Haywood. They have one of the best forwards in the league in Dirk, and some great defenders in Marion and Kidd. With Peja helping to spread the floor, Terry providing alternate scoring options, and a solid PG rotation with Kidd and Barea (and Terry when he's bringing the ball up), the Mavs have everything the need to win. However, they are their own worst enemy when it comes to inconsistency.

Portland still has talent and will put up a fight, but I see Dallas taking this in 6 games or less.

thoughts?

mikealike305
04-14-2011, 09:39 AM
dallas in 6

UKblazers
04-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Blazers in six.... 8-2 vs top 8 teams since wallace trade

ManRam
04-14-2011, 10:14 AM
I added a poll. This one should be interesting. I still think Dallas wins, but it will be close.

Dallas in 7.

danniboi168
04-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Blazers in 7.

DragonJaii
04-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Dallas in 6.

EWreckShin
04-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Mavericks in 6.

Sadds The Gr8
04-14-2011, 11:37 AM
only series i see going all the way. i think Dallas is too deep and will take it in 7. if Roy was healthy, i'd 100% be taking Portland in 6, but he's just not the same.

yankeesown69
04-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Dirk will show up and carry the team. Blazers will take 2 games.

SP17
04-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Blazers in 6 but hoping for the mavs to win and not choke this time..

Cool007
04-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Mavs in 6.

goblazers7
04-14-2011, 11:53 AM
This is going to be a hard series to watch, primarily because Portland, a very talented team, will simply not be putting out their best product on the floor due to injuries. it is true that Marcus has grown as a leader and has helped these guys truck along through out the regular season, but over a seven game series with an experienced coach, I just can see them being able to make up for all the losses they have right now. Brandon Roy is not Brandon Roy anymore, Camby has jsut returned form injury and has been getting few minutes and Oden is of course in street clothes. If these guys were threre and healthy and playing at 100%, I'd give the series to Portland but they arent.

Dallas has, in my opinion their best team ever. They finaly have a defensive presence in the post that can rebound in Chandler and a great back-up in Haywood. They have one of the best forwards in the league in Dirk, and some great defenders in Marion and Kidd. With Peja helping to spread the floor, Terry providing alternate scoring options, and a solid PG rotation with Kidd and Barea (and Terry when he's bringing the ball up), the Mavs have everything the need to win. However, they are their own worst enemy when it comes to inconsistency.

Portland still has talent and will put up a fight, but I see Dallas taking this in 6 games or less.

thoughts?
Next time study up on the teams before you make a thread.

Your wrong with Portland. Marcus played 30 minutes against the Grizzles.
Brandon Roy was Brandon Roy against the Mavs. Look it up. March 14 i believe.

Dallas has N O one that can guard Gerald Wallace.

Remember his 40 point game against the Thunder?

I do.

Portland in 6.

Iron24th
04-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Blazers in 6.

Like SA last year,they win one in dallas,then win their 3 home games.

AIRMAR72
04-14-2011, 12:08 PM
blazers in 6 too many long arm athletic guys on there team for dallas to handle dirk deserve a ring but not this yr

marlinsfan24
04-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Blazers in 6.

JordansBulls
04-14-2011, 12:20 PM
How has Roy played lately? To me he is the key.

Chacarron
04-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Portland in 7.

210Don
04-14-2011, 12:53 PM
i say blazers in 6 LA is a beast.

Tha Truth
This was the worst case scenario for the Mavs in terms of teams they could have matched up against in the playoffs. I don't think anyone wanted to see Portland.

Baller1
How has Roy played lately? To me he is the key.

Obviously not to his old self, but he's been playing a lot better.

Portland in 6.

k24magic
04-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Blazers in 6. That Gerald Wallace trade was the BEST move during the deadline. Wallace can guard like 4 positions. Everyone talks about Dallas being loaded well you can make the case for Portland as well. This should be a great series because I think both teams are evenly matched. Still I think Portland wins in 6 because ever since Dallas lost to Golden State a few years ago getting out of the first round hasn't been easy.

CHANGO
04-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Mavs in 7. The second best playoff series in the West. The best? OKC vs Nuggets.

Chi StateOfMind
04-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Blazers in 6

its playoff time dallas what u gunna do this year!!!!

Shareeb_omac2
04-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Mavs in 5 or 6.

DoJoTheSlasher
04-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Mavs in 6. Dirk is gonna absolutely beast it up, LA has nothing on him. Finally we have an elite defensive center down low.

MAVS IN 6

SF25
04-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Blazers in 6.

ashyzup
04-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Mavs in 6. The poll has been very close, 24 votes for Dallas against 22 votes for the Blazers now. :)

Iverson3018
04-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Dallas in 6

Home court will be the key right here and of course Brandon Roy is not at full strenght

thekmp211
04-14-2011, 04:06 PM
i love portland in this series. match ups work out perfectly for the blazers, and they are deeper than the mavericks since acquiring gerald wallace. i really want dirk to win one, but i don't see it happening this season. blazers in 6.

Blazers#1Fan
04-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Mavs in 6. Dirk is gonna absolutely beast it up, LA has nothing on him. Finally we have an elite defensive center down low.

MAVS IN 6

You must not of watched any of the season series LA dominated Dirk

Portland in 4,5 or 6

Let's put it this way Wallace can't be stopped LA can't be stopped Miller vs Kid miller scores and passes kid just passes, Matthews will be in a beast mode and nobody will be able to stop him everybody brings up Roy not being the same well guess what if Roy wasn't hurt LA wouldn't be the same player he is now Miller wouldn't be playing hard Roy off the bench is Perfect Batum and Roy and Rudy in the Second unit will be a big factor with also a rotation who can guard all mavs players only player mavs have is Dirk everybody else isn't on the same level to small or no D blazers D will make stops and dallas D won't be able to stop are offense I can tell alot of you didnt watch the blazers or the blazers vs Dallas regular season series

DMasta718
04-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Blazers in 6. I think they'll upset the Mavs

LTBaByyy
04-14-2011, 04:51 PM
i love portland in this series. match ups work out perfectly for the blazers, and they are deeper than the mavericks since acquiring gerald wallace. i really want dirk to win one, but i don't see it happening this season. blazers in 6.

What???? The Mavs are the 2nd deepest team in the NBA (Nuggets)

Mavs in 6, Chandler will be guarding LA the whole series!

Alot of people dont realize that

todu82
04-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Dallas in 6

lakers4sho
04-14-2011, 05:20 PM
Blazers in 7 right in Cubes' house.

jiggin
04-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Dallas couldn't keep up with the blazers once they started using the wallace run and gun offense (helps that L.A. likes the run and gun and Roy preferred the half court offense) and a better tighter defense with more shot blocking ability and the ability to go to a zone if really needed to force more outside shots (as they showed in the last match up).

This is going to be a GOOD series...one of the better first round series in my opinion. I see the blazers taking it in 6 or 7...but only if the officiating stays consistent and balanced.

If the officiating tends to favor the favorite, as the NBA has shown to do over the years, then it will be the Mavs in 5 or 6.

210Don
04-14-2011, 06:03 PM
What???? The Mavs are the 2nd deepest team in the NBA (Nuggets)

Mavs in 6, Chandler will be guarding LA the whole series!

Alot of people dont realize that

LA's to quick for chandler, hes gunna go off in that series

AllBall
04-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Portland in 6

bmd1101
04-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Portland's defense has been beastly since the wallace trade, they can play small or big and have a lot of versatile defenders that can switch on P&R's without giving up mismatches. They have a very good mix of savvy vets and youngsters that Dallas can't keep up to, youd be crazy not to give this one to portland. Portland in 6.

EDIT:
LA will have no problem with Dallas' defenders, once he starts draggin em away from the hoop and mixin in a couple post moves he'll make em look like 1st year college players by the half time ya hes that good.

metsfaninSTL
04-14-2011, 08:16 PM
mavs in 7

bmd1101
04-14-2011, 09:19 PM
delete me

RaiderLakersA's
04-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Portland in 7. Nothing against the Mavs, I just think that Portland is going to be the surprise team of the playoffs.

Young2Kinsler
04-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Wanted to pick Portland to sweep, but Dallas will get lucky and take 1 game.

I don't even think this series will be close.

NBA_Starter
04-14-2011, 11:49 PM
Portland in 7, why? Because I have faith :cool:

Crackadalic
04-15-2011, 12:16 AM
As much as i want to pick portland i think dallas will win this in 7 games.

John Walls Era
04-15-2011, 12:20 AM
Portland in 6. They match up so well against them its not even funny. Mavs can't blame anyone but Jordan (thanks Mike for trading away your best player).

MacFitz92
04-15-2011, 12:32 AM
Glad to see more votes for Portland.

Young2Kinsler
04-15-2011, 12:46 AM
Portland in 6. They match up so well against them its not even funny. Mavs can't blame anyone but Jordan (thanks Mike for trading away your best player).

The thing is, Dallas should have been in on Wallace and probably could have been, but they wanted to hang onto Caron Butler with some fairy tale dream of him coming back.

gotoHcarolina52
04-15-2011, 12:47 AM

sure you are :up:

Sadds The Gr8
04-15-2011, 11:27 AM

I took the Mavs to win the series:facepalm: so i have no clue why u sigged me.

Red Hot Rolllin
04-15-2011, 01:09 PM
No Caron Butler is the key to me regarding Dallas.. Without him they really don't have the fire power and as for Roy being the key I doubt he will have a big role although he is still the Blazers best iso player. To me the key to the Blazers is someone else who has been nursing injuries of late.

We know Wallace and LMA will get a steady dose of feeds and touches and Mathews and Batum will get theirs but IMO Camby is the key to our defense and we need him back at full strength to win playoff games.

Sounds like he is good to go. Should be a sweet series:D

Portland in 5

BradyIsTheMan12
04-15-2011, 02:02 PM
For those of you counting on Brandon Roy to be Brandon Roy and change the series, I wouldn't think like that. However, we have a lot of other options that make me optimistic about this series. Aldridge has been able to get his against Dallas, Andre Miller doesn't have to guard a quick point guard like Russell Westbrook, and Camby is back to combat the size that Dallas offers. Rudy Fernandez is the X-Factor in this series though, he hasn't played well at all lately..and we need outside shooting to keep up with Dallas. If we can get our threes, and stay healthy..then I have us winning in 6.

This is going to be a hard-fought series no doubt..

mjokc
04-15-2011, 06:35 PM
They are getting beat up by media and fans etc saying how they are playoff chokers and how Portland is going to smash them in round one. I will agree that in the past they haven't gotten far in the playoff but don't you think the players hear this and want to change it? I really think Dallas is going to surprise the hell out of a lot of us and get pretty far in the playoffs.

gotoHcarolina52
04-15-2011, 06:54 PM
This is going to be a very close series. It could go either way.

Dec 15 vs Portland W 103-98
Jan 4 vs Portland W 84-81
Mar 15 @ Portland L 104-101
April 3 @ Portland L 104-96

urlachermess
04-15-2011, 06:55 PM
so how does this make them "massively" underrated?

mjokc
04-15-2011, 06:58 PM
so how does this make them "massively" underrated?

Um... because just about every single media story, fans, analyst etc has Dallas losing in the first round.

SteBO
04-15-2011, 07:02 PM
POR in 6 here. Brandon Roy is looking very good, Aldridge is becoming an elite player, and I don't think they have anyone to cover Gerald Wallace. I also think the Blazers are capable of taking one of the first two in DAL and win all the home games.

Baller1
04-15-2011, 07:27 PM
POR in 6 here. Brandon Roy is looking very good, Aldridge is becoming an elite player, and I don't think they have anyone to cover Gerald Wallace. I also think the Blazers are capable of taking one of the first two in DAL and win all the home games.

Basically summed it up perfectly here.

Shareeb_omac2
04-15-2011, 07:45 PM
I think this is going to be a tough series and Dallas pulls it out. But, in the back of my mind I can see Dallas winning in 4-5 games and completely putting this trendy Portland pick to rest.

But, just to clarify I honestly don't think that will happen.

PHX2daDEATH
04-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Dallas in 6. But i think it could go 7 and then its a toss up knowing the Mavs history...

gsgs49
04-16-2011, 10:26 AM
This is the worst matchup the mavs can have.Terry,Kidd,Marion etc.. should step up to win if they play like they did last year against the spurs then Portland in 4,I don't see Dirk dominating the series like he usually does in the playoffs because of Wallace's defense and also Nicolas Batum is the X factor for Portland,he's the perfect player to guard Dirk,he has the size and the quickness and the most important thing he has the long arms to bother Dirk when he's shooting the fade away,for Dallas the Xfactor is JJ barea,Andre Miller is arguably the slowest PG in the league so the mavs should take advantage of their quick guards(Barea and Beaubois) I would say Dallas in 7 and this will be the best first round series imo.

mjokc
05-11-2011, 04:40 AM
They are getting beat up by media and fans etc saying how they are playoff chokers and how Portland is going to smash them in round one. I will agree that in the past they haven't gotten far in the playoff but don't you think the players hear this and want to change it? I really think Dallas is going to surprise the hell out of a lot of us and get pretty far in the playoffs.

I hate to toot my own horn but..... toot toot