PDA

View Full Version : First Round Match-ups: Celtics V Knicks

Tony_Starks
04-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Right now the Celtics are looking very beatable and IMO are relying a whole lot on a unreliable and questionable health Shaq and JO. That Perk trade may pay off in the long run but I think it totally screwed them for this year when you look at their bigs.

Meanwhile the Knicks, while still playing no defense, do have some legit playoff performers that give you a shot in any given game. Not to mention the underdog factor and that they've actually played the Celtics fairly well this season.

To me it seems like the most likely 1st round upset. Boston is not intimidating anymore.....

Jewelz0376
04-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Yea I've thought about it and sometimes I think they very well might...but then I just think about how bad their defense is and I just can't see it....The boston D has still been pretty good since the perkins trade...The main problem Bos has been having lately is scoring the basketball...Well they def won't have that problem against NY

n83417
04-13-2011, 06:14 PM
No. I don't think New York will cause any problems. Boston will roll through easily.

J4KOP99
04-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Boston in 6.

Bos wins games 1 and 2
NY wins games 3 and 4 in the garden
They go back to Boston where Boston wins by 15
The Boston closes them out in game 6, in Ny. Bos 106-99 NY

Sadds The Gr8
04-13-2011, 06:18 PM
they have a chance to, but i don't see it happening. For it to happen, Amare AND Melo BOTH have to dominate the whole series, and i can't see both of them doing it. i think one of them plays amazing, while one of them struggles mightily

cubswin25
04-13-2011, 06:19 PM
I'll be honest going off my eye test of how the teams have performed lately. I would say yes the Knicks should probably beat them. But the Celtics also struggled to end last season and were fine come playoff time. I don't think this Celtics team is as good as last years, and I think the Bulls/Heat are tougher then the teams they faced last year. So I don't think they will get past both the Bulls and Heat with those teams having home court advantage. Since I feel even if they get past the Heat, they will be pretty worn out to beat the Bulls. But I still think they will get past the Knicks in 6 games.

Rego247
04-13-2011, 06:21 PM
no i don't think they will.

Tony_Starks
04-13-2011, 06:22 PM
I don't know the big X factor Im looking at is the Rondo/Billups matchup. Rondo still has no jumper and can be basically ignored while Chauncey is not only capable of knocking down 3's but also posting him up. If they still one in Boston its a whole new ballgame.

NYCkid12
04-13-2011, 06:27 PM
I honestly dont think the knicks have a shot....either a sweep or they lose in 5....this wasnt the right matchup for them ...prolly better suited for miami

NYCkid12
04-13-2011, 06:31 PM
I don't know the big X factor Im looking at is the Rondo/Billups matchup. Rondo still has no jumper and can be basically ignored while Chauncey is not only capable of knocking down 3's but also posting him up. If they still one in Boston its a whole new ballgame.

I agree thats the matchup I'm looking at and I dont think chauncy can keep up with him...chauncy has a problem keeping up with the quicker guards in the lg

Panthers4life
04-13-2011, 06:32 PM
i dont see it. i got the celtics and okc in the finals

5ass
04-13-2011, 06:33 PM
the knicks need to run, they have to get a lot of transition points in order to win. shaq, jermaine and KG wont be able to matchup with the speed of amare and melo(at PF), so theres no1 to protect the rim..
the knicks could win this series, but i say boston in 6-7 (if NY plays like its supposed to)

Hangtime
04-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Boston will win the 4th quarter and ultimately the series in about 6 games. That core group in Boston will come up big with defensive plays. I actually think Boston wins the rebounding as well.

mjqusoldier
04-13-2011, 06:34 PM
knicks in 7 bABY!!!

IamKaiserSoze
04-13-2011, 06:34 PM
the knicks will not be beating anyone in this years playoffs. boston may not be playing at top gear, but they should beat the knicks pretty easily.

maddBat
04-13-2011, 06:35 PM
an offense V. defense battle. i think the celts D is better than the knicks O. but if the knicks can hit the 3 ball they can b dangerous

ne3xchamps
04-13-2011, 06:35 PM
i dont see it. i got the celtics and okc in the finals

that would be a bitter sweet chance for perk to get back at the c's.... it would def. interesting.

NYYCowboys
04-13-2011, 06:36 PM
The Knicks will have a puncher's chance in this series, and if they are able to steal game 1 or 2 in Boston watch out.

latinofire21
04-13-2011, 06:37 PM
I think the KNicks are the better team right now. They are gelling at the right time and the Celtics look lost. I think the Knicks win in 5

Crackadalic
04-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Boston has won the series by an average of 5.3 points. Im not impress. We still have a chance against them even if the odds are against us. Even though Were close to last in rebounding diff Boston is still last in rebounding while were 15th

Tony_Starks
Should be interesting. I don't expect anything spectacular from Amare, last time they played KG showed me that he can still pretty much defend him straight up. Melo though, hey you never know. He is capable of 40 on any given night.

Im intrigued to see the chess match at coaching though. No big secret the Knicks can't compete with their size. But does D'Antoni go extremely small ball, maybe zone up on D, and force Boston to match up on the other end? Thats what I would do....

DoMeFavors
The Knicks winning is like Ryan Seacrest beating Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match. It isn't going to occur.

allSUAVE
04-13-2011, 06:43 PM
How about everybody just wait and see .damn, I swear we the most talked about team on here.

latinofire21
04-13-2011, 06:49 PM
The Knicks winning is like Ryan Seacrest beating Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match. It isn't going to occur.

Still a hater. lol You are probably the most entertaining troll on PSD lol. Whats the excuse going to be when they beat the Celtics?

Beltrans Mole
04-13-2011, 06:50 PM

Who are the Nets playing in the 1st round?

bigsams50
04-13-2011, 06:51 PM
I think the KNicks are the better team right now. They are gelling at the right time and the Celtics look lost. I think the Knicks win in 5

Wow, Knicks in 5? I think your really selling the Celts short

Crackadalic
04-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Who are the Nets playing in the 1st round?

Just ignore him please. he hates the knicks and its his job to stir something every time we play or were talked about. It be best if you don't add fuel to the fire.:)

bbd24
04-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Sure, the Knicks have a shot. If Rondo, Allen, Pierce, or KG go down injured in the first 5minutes of the first quarter of the first game that is. Outside of that, they need some dire help to beat a team that even during a injury riddled year, is still only allowing 91 points per game (best in the league). Shoot, and they didn't even have their bigs in Shaq, Perkins, or Jermaine O'neal for the majority of this year. Defense wins over offense.

justinnum1
04-13-2011, 06:57 PM
I think the knicks can win in 6 as easily as the celtics can. I also think it doesn;t matter because neither will get past the heat in the 2nd round. Hopefully they go 7 and tire each other out.

hugepatsfan
04-13-2011, 06:58 PM
I don't think so. But it certainly wouldn't be unbelievable if they did.

latinofire21
04-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Wow, Knicks in 5? I think your really selling the Celts short

Yeah I am selling them short because I have watched there last 15 games and its all the same. They dont look like they can keep up anymore and it seems as if the season has already worn them down.

Knicks will run them out of the playoffs in my opinion. If Celtics have to play catchup and score points they arent winning this series.

Crackadalic
04-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Yeah I am selling them short because I have watched there last 15 games and its all the same. They dont look like they can keep up anymore and it seems as if the season has already worn them down.

Knicks will run them out of the playoffs in my opinion. If Celtics have to play catchup and score points they arent winning this series.

They have been terrible the last 15 games but you never want to sell the celtics short. If they do win its in 7 games

justinnum1
04-13-2011, 07:01 PM

cant ever count the celtics out, they have more than enough to manhandle the knicks.

jp611
04-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Not a chance... Celtics in 5

topdog
Nightmare for the Knicks. Boston is defense and the Knicks play none. Grind it out and chalk it up to Boston.

Philly has the best chance because Brand could prove advantageous against the size-starved HEAT while the rest of the team might just be athletic enough and committed enough to defense to pull it out.

The Bulls might as well just have a bye. Sorry Pacers fans.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
I don't think so. But it certainly wouldn't be unbelievable if they did.

I agree. The C's definatley look, for lack of a better word... vulnerable. & the Knick's are clicking @ the right time. I can't wait for Sunday!

justinnum1
04-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Nightmare for the Knicks. Boston is defense and the Knicks play none. Grind it out and chalk it up to Boston.

Philly has the best chance because Brand could prove advantageous against the size-starved HEAT while the rest of the team might just be athletic enough and committed enough to defense to pull it out.

The Bulls might as well just have a bye. Sorry Pacers fans.

:laugh2: Like he did in the first 3 meetings?

tsb77
04-13-2011, 07:05 PM
The Knicks would have a better chance against the Heat IMO, Boston plays lock down D, something the Knicks know nothing about. It's just a bad matchup for NYK. Boston in 5

Kashmir13579
04-13-2011, 07:06 PM
still playing no defense.

Thibs just praised the Knicks defense calling it "underrated". The article is in the Knick forum if you wanna peep it.

Do i think we can beat Boston? No. i liked our chances against the Heat.

Evolution23
04-13-2011, 07:06 PM
If New York plays at a fast pace and play decent D They have a really good chance at winning but Celtics have too many vets and Rondo will control the game in the half court. So i'll go with Celtics in 6

Kashmir13579
04-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Plus, its the Celtics. would anyone be SURPRISED if they mop the floor with us??

MiamiWadeCounty
04-13-2011, 07:08 PM
I think they have a better chance of beating Boston than any team in the East not named Chicago or Miami. I realistically see the Knicks taking them to 6 games at most, maybe only 5. However, superstars do generally pick it up in the playoffs so we could see the best of Amare and Melo. A solid performance by Billups would go a long way as well.

danniboi168
04-13-2011, 07:08 PM
i sure hope so. excited.

justinnum1
04-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Thibs just praised the Knicks defense calling it "underrated". The article is in the Knick forum if you wanna peep it.

I think he was trying to be nice...The defense is not consistent and that is what will cost the knicks. The bulls went on a 22-2 run...

allSUAVE
04-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Well tonight would be a knick vs celtics bench/role players tonight.

Both teams Bench is fairly week tho

Kashmir13579
04-13-2011, 07:10 PM
I think he was trying to be nice...The defense is not consistent and that is what will cost the knicks. The bulls went on a 22-2 run...

cool.

allSUAVE
04-13-2011, 07:12 PM

Ouch, could you be a lil nice lol

PatsSoxKnicks
04-13-2011, 07:12 PM

I like our chances against the Bulls more then the Heat or Celtics (and I'm not saying the Knicks would beat the Bulls, I don't think they would). I wish we had somehow managed to get the 4 or 5 seed or tanked and gotten the 8 seed. I'm sure Bulls fans are going to target me and call me names but I'm not convinced the Bulls are a "postseason team". We know the Celtics are and I suspect Miami is considering the talent in their starting 5.

I think the postseason is really a different animal and too many people seem to make the mistake of assuming what happened in the regular season will play out in the postseason. For that reason, I think the Celtics are being underrated by many of my fellow Knicks fans. At the same time, I do think some Celts fans are underestimating the Knicks too.

Kashmir13579
04-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Ouch, could you be a lil nice lol

well, his rebuttal concerning Thibs' statements was speculative and his main focus was on one stretch of a meaningless game in which it was obvious D'antoni wasn't playing for the win (resting starters) While Thibs had his boys in there until the clock expired. he's entitled to his opinion.

Crackadalic
04-13-2011, 07:16 PM

And we erase a 21 point deficit to 6 in a 6 min span but i see your point. Our problem isnt that we don't play defense but how long. to many times we have these long lapses on D and we lose a lead quickly because were not focus for the full 48 minutes

allSUAVE
04-13-2011, 07:16 PM
I know one thing is that our defense is not the worst in NBA history like What Charles Barkley fat *** was saying

thekmp211
04-13-2011, 07:20 PM
the celtics have looked very wobbly, i understand they have experience but i'm worried.

the thing is, the match-ups work out well for the celtics. and hopefully jeff green can show his worth by checking carmelo on the perimeter. if he can step up, and rondo plays well, i think the celtics will still get by. after that, it gets tenuous.

Kashmir13579
04-13-2011, 07:20 PM
I wish we had somehow managed to get the 4 or 5 seed or tanked and gotten the 8 seed.

i think most people would've really enjoyed this series. i think some Bulls fans would agree it certainly would've made things interesting. Elite offense vs. elite defense. Polar opposites going at it. its too bad the only way we can see the Bulls is in the conference finals.

anyways, i agree, not taking anything away from The Bulls, i think the Knicks match up better with them than any teams 2-4.

justinnum1
04-13-2011, 07:23 PM
I will say the defense was impressive the first half last night, and i think a lot had to do with stat not being on the floor. Obv the bulls are the better team and won the game, but if NY can play more consistent defense, it should be a great series.

Avenged
04-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Nope. They probably could have against the Bulls? or Heat? But unlikely either way..

The Celtics though, I just don't see it. They're complete, they have stars, offense, defense, HCA.. I just don't see it. I'll be rooting for them though.

allSUAVE
04-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Nope. They probably could have against the Bulls? or Heat? But unlikely either way..

The Celtics though, I just don't see it. They're complete, they have stars, offense, defense, HCA.. I just don't see it. I'll be rooting for them though.

Neutral , But good luck with OKC THO ;)

Hustlenomics
04-13-2011, 07:41 PM

if you sleep on Rondo in this round the series will be over quicker

cubswin25
04-13-2011, 07:49 PM
I like our chances against the Bulls more then the Heat or Celtics (and I'm not saying the Knicks would beat the Bulls, I don't think they would). I wish we had somehow managed to get the 4 or 5 seed or tanked and gotten the 8 seed. I'm sure Bulls fans are going to target me and call me names but I'm not convinced the Bulls are a "postseason team". We know the Celtics are and I suspect Miami is considering the talent in their starting 5.

There's no need to target you in a negative way, it's your opinion and you see that opinion is wrong in the playoffs. One thing to consider is when was the last time a team with a defense as good as the Bulls didn't make it to the finals? Or a team that rebounded as well and had a 25 PPG scorer? Along with two other guys averaging over 17 PPG game? Then you consider they have a pretty darn good coach as well. When you add all of those factors up. I dunno how anyone who would think they aren't a team ready to win in the playoffs. If some people can give me example of teams like this who haven't won in the playoffs, I'd love to see it. Because when you imagine a winning playoff team, they would have what the Bulls mostly have.

dtmagnet
04-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Knicks may win a game but I don't see them doing anything else to Boston. The Celts will only run into trouble against larger teams.

airronijordan
04-13-2011, 07:54 PM
This series is at least going 6 games

People seems to forget that the Knicks had double digits in the 4th quarter in our last 2 games against Boston, but then became stagnant and took bad jumpshots

If the Knicks move the ball around like they've been doing lately, then an upset will be very likely.

I personally believe Boston will win in 7.....I just can't see how Boston or NY wins in 4 or 5

It will definitely be a competitive series and a fun series to watch

I'm hoping it ends up being as entertaining as the 1st round from 2 years ago when the young Bulls took Boston to 7 games

bmd1101
04-13-2011, 08:10 PM

Do you really think Billups will be able to do much against rondo anywhere except on the post? Rondo will smother that old man on the perimeter where the offense will only run through melo/amare which means lots of iso. Boston in 5.

deftonesrule
04-13-2011, 08:12 PM
coming from a knicks fan, i can say that there is always a chance. i will be honest here, boston is a clearly better team, and i'd pick them for east conf champs right now...

but realize that the knicks have improved alot, especially after the trade and our front court is strongly upgraded. If knicks can manage to play defense and make smart plays, then i think the series will be close.

mttwlsn16
04-13-2011, 08:31 PM
ya, they definitely have the talent to win on any given night

amos1er
04-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Not happening. LMAO!

These Knick fans sure have high hopes, and so do many Chicago fans and Heat fans. They would love for the Knicks to knock off the Celts so that they don't have to face them.

Boston had the same doubters last year, and look what happened. Can't wait to see Boston in the finals again.

mjqusoldier
04-13-2011, 09:00 PM
anything can happen when u have 2superstars and 1 heck of a game manager. NBA is a star driven league, knicks can win

minervamob
04-13-2011, 09:01 PM
No. Knicks best chance was against Miami because they dont have a bench either.

IBleedPurple
04-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Knicks will win one game. Poor coaching, 2 selfish superstars, and a bad coach. Without Billups, I'd be calling for a sweep.

Not hating here, it's just how I feel about the team and the series

DamnGoat
04-13-2011, 11:00 PM
The Knicks matched up much better with Miami. I don't think they match up very well with Boston at all...so no, I don't think they really stand a chance. They might win a game, maybe 2 but I wouldn't be that surprised to see the Celtics sweep them either.

Crackadalic
04-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Knicks will win one game. Poor coaching, 2 selfish superstars, and a bad coach. Without Billups, I'd be calling for a sweep.

Not hating here, it's just how I feel about the team and the series

Amare average the same amount of assist as Kg. I guess Garnett is selfish as well. If anything Amare has been a little too unselfish this season.

acehole
04-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Do you really think Billups will be able to do much against rondo anywhere except on the post? Rondo will smother that old man on the perimeter where the offense will only run through melo/amare which means lots of iso. Boston in 5.

Billups isnt much of an assist kinda guy, his whole career he's averaged like 5 apg so the offense will def run thru Melo and Stat. Billups will just have to get them the ball in areas they like to operate.

Also billups is EXCELLENT at drawing fouls on the perimeter, so if Rondo decides to smother him trust me he will be in foul trouble.

Billups obv will sag off Rondo on defense so even if Rondo tries to use his quickness in the halfcourt offense, Billups has more time to react.

Only time Rondo will own Billups is on the fast break/transistion.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-13-2011, 11:18 PM
This series is at least going 6 games

People seems to forget that the Knicks had double digits in the 4th quarter in our last 2 games against Boston, but then became stagnant and took bad jumpshots

If the Knicks move the ball around like they've been doing lately, then an upset will be very likely.

I personally believe Boston will win in 7.....I just can't see how Boston or NY wins in 4 or 5

It will definitely be a competitive series and a fun series to watch

I'm hoping it ends up being as entertaining as the 1st round from 2 years ago when the young Bulls took Boston to 7 games

No KG

Silly.

DwayneMVPwade
04-13-2011, 11:21 PM
IMO, if there is any upset in the East, it will be the Knicks upsetting Boston. Though I still think that Boston will win the series
This is how I see it:
Chi Vs. Ind 4-0
Mia Vs. Philly 4-1
Bos vs.NY 4-2
Orl vs. Atl 4-0

goose15
04-13-2011, 11:22 PM
any given Sunday baby!!

Sportfan
04-13-2011, 11:29 PM
boston is set up perfectly for these types of series, while D'antoni is not.

WHODAT8o8
04-13-2011, 11:44 PM
Well tonight would be a knick vs celtics bench/role players tonight.

Knicks bench is fairly week tho

Fixed

Hawkeye15
04-13-2011, 11:48 PM
4-2 Celtics

NYK BaLLaS
04-13-2011, 11:53 PM
4-3 us,for us to pull it off we need about twice the effort from stat and melo

Slimsim
04-13-2011, 11:54 PM
IDk our supporting cast is pretty terrible. I know i'm get bashed but i think Celtics sweep us we are being over hype as usual. I prefer playing Miami they don't really have a Strong bench so it would had been big three vs Big three. Celtics have guys on their bench that can start or other teams

JNA17
04-14-2011, 12:11 AM
No, they won't. They had a chance to lose a couple of more games (as weird as that sounds :laugh: ) so that they could face the Heat and have a much better shot at getting an upset out of them but not the Celtics. Way too good even with the last 10 games they had, and the Knicks just like the Heat, although at a much higher extent are a incomplete team that lack a bench/depth. People here already know how bad their defense is and about Mike Dantoni's not encouraging a lick of it.

godolphins
04-14-2011, 12:15 AM
Boston also looked beatable last year earlier in the playoffs

NYK BaLLaS
04-14-2011, 12:22 AM
yea Miami is obviously a better match,but all hope isn't lost. next year for us will be as bright as ever

Chacarron
04-14-2011, 12:24 AM
I wish.

John Walls Era
04-14-2011, 12:38 AM
If they steal game 1 or game 2. Otherwise its goodnight.

jzero
04-14-2011, 01:32 AM
nah celtics got it EAAASY

jzero
04-14-2011, 01:32 AM
yea Miami is obviously a better match,but all hope isn't lost. next year for us will be as bright as ever

you need to be a top 4 team to get past 2nd round next year

jzero
04-14-2011, 01:33 AM
this thread was obviously meant to attract all the new york homers

cubswin25
04-14-2011, 02:23 AM
Boston also looked beatable last year earlier in the playoffs

Exactly, but with the way the Celtics have played of late it's easy to be down on them. But anyone doing that would be making a mistake and having a short memory. Last season the Celtics also played terrible to finish the season going 13-11 over their final 24 games. Well this year guess what they did over their final 24 games? Yes 13-11 again. So I think the Celtics will step up again and aren't going to get upset by a team like the Knicks. That said I don't see the Celtics going to the NBA finals either. They aren't as good without Perkins and Tony Allens defense coming off the bench. Along with the East being better this season. Over the last four years they have had to get by the Pistons(well just in 07-08), Magic, Hawks and Cavs. Well the Magic are just as good as in years past and the Bulls/Heat are a lot better then the Hawks/Cavs or Pistons teams they have faced to get to the finals. So the combo of losing a few key defensive players and the competition being tougher. Makes me think they won't get past both the Heat and Bulls on the road with both having homecourt advantage.

SP17
04-14-2011, 02:28 AM
They have a chance but they wont.. I think the Knicks will win 2 games at most.. Boston is so discipline and to good to lose to the Knicks in a series.

championships
04-14-2011, 02:39 AM
No chance. Boston plays defense, Knicks don't. D is huge in playoffs.

JasonJohnHorn
04-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Carmelo is awesome. Amare is awesome. Billups is one of the most underrated PGs of his generation, and Boston and NY, two of the most storied franchises in NBA history, finally got something fight over again.

But Boston is too deep, experienced, and know each other too well. Rivers wins the battle on the bench, Boston's center rotation, though slim as it is, is better than NY's, who hasnt had a center all year (Amare is a power foward... yada yada yada). Pierce will be a formidable defender on Melo (who has never had to play Pierce in the post season) and Garnett is going to show Amare how to play defence. Rondo and Billups will have a great battle at PG, and Allen will get a lot of open looks with NY's limited options of defence on the wing.

NY's momentum might get them a win or two, especially considering Boston has been struggling as of late, but I just get this feeling the the lights come of for the playoffs, Garnett and Pierce will be fierce.

Boston in 5 or 6.

Thoughts?

BklynKnicks3
04-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Knicks in 6

save the knicks
04-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Knicks in 7

Mr Haha
04-14-2011, 09:30 AM
I'm really pulling for the Knicks in 7... but Boston has been getting their rest of late and they will be ready for battle. It will take a miracle for the Knicks to pull this one out.

oak2455
04-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Knicks are awesome......Knicks in 6......Awwwwwesome!!!!

algreek3
04-14-2011, 09:32 AM
Knicks in 6.

mikealike305
04-14-2011, 09:32 AM
boston in 5 or 6

DieHardColtsfan
04-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Knicks in 6.

Should have put polls on all these threads.

Da Knicks
04-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Knicks in 6

WrongIslander
04-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Boston in 7.

It will be a big step up for the Knicks and we'll build on it next year.

DoMeFavors
04-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Celtics in 4

Double_R
04-14-2011, 10:01 AM
I'd like to see the Knicks beat them, even though PSD is filled with delusional and extreme homer Knicks fans, but I have a hard time believing that the Knicks will win more than 1-2 games.

hugepatsfan
04-14-2011, 10:03 AM
I think BOS will come out motivated and finish this in 5. But I could easily see it going longer too. I don't see the Knicks being able to win though.

theheatles
04-14-2011, 10:06 AM
hoping for the knicks, i want the heat having an easier match up in the 2nd round

DoMeFavors
04-14-2011, 10:10 AM
hoping for the knicks, i want the heat having an easier match up in the 2nd round

Exactly, Miami is winning it all though.

ManRam
04-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Added a poll. I like Boston in 7.

irishkid1691
04-14-2011, 10:11 AM
how are the knicks going to win this series if boston has already won 4 times this season against them..

the celtics bench beat the knicks last night. granted melo and billups didnt play, but even if they did they would not have won.

celts in 4, 5 if the knicks get luck

AntiG
04-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Boston in 5 or 6. Its the playoffs. The Celtics vets are going to play hard now.

bulldog312
04-14-2011, 10:12 AM
It depends on which Boston team is going to show up. If they continue to play poorly then New York has a chance. But I don't think that will happen. The Knicks just aren't that good and I don't think they are capable of taking out a contending team.

DoMeFavors
04-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Rondo is going to school Billups,he will have a great series. I also am going to laugh when all these new players like Fields, Toney Douglas, and other knick players get a feel for the playoffs when Celtics get physical. Knicks will be scared. Maybe not the team with Ewing and Oakley but this Knick team is going to get punked.

WrongIslander
04-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Celtics in 4

I'm shocked. Does it not get upsetting that the only reason for your existance is to hate the Knicks? That's pretty sad man.

How's that Melo to NJ thing working out for ya?

"Where losing happens"

Who do New Jersey have in the playoffs again?

WrongIslander
04-14-2011, 10:21 AM
how are the knicks going to win this series if boston has already won 4 times this season against them..

the celtics bench beat the knicks last night. granted melo and billups didnt play, but even if they did they would not have won.

celts in 4, 5 if the knicks get luck

What are next weeks lottery numbers there kid.

Tarheels23
04-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Celtics in 5. Celtics are week in the middle, but the knicks do not have the size to exploit them. Plus, the Knicks dont play defense.

DoMeFavors
04-14-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm shocked. Does it not get upsetting that the only reason for your existance is to hate the Knicks? That's pretty sad man.

"Where losing happens"

I dont hate the Knicks at all, they havent earned my respect yet. Shaq is coming back and will not be stopped. KG one of the best defenders is going to shut down Amare. I dont know about Melo though, but Pierce is going to go off and Rondo is going to have his usual OUTSTANDING playoff games. You do know the Celtics have great defense and are coached by one of the best Doc Rivers. How is it unlikely that Boston sweeps?

mikealike305
04-14-2011, 10:29 AM
knicks wont win more than 2 games let alone win it all..... but atleast they made they playoffs for the 1st time in 8 years, thats a start

zo#33
04-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Boston in 7

maddBat
04-14-2011, 10:31 AM
id say the knicks take a game or 2. i think ppl r 4getting how good the celts r. they r seasoned vets n even swept the knicks this season.

JordansBulls
04-14-2011, 10:32 AM
C's in 7.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Nope. Celtics are looking bad for a reason.

DoMeFavors
04-14-2011, 10:33 AM
I need to know what exactly makes Knick fans think the Knicks can hang with the GREATEST WINNING FRANCHISE in the NBA and actually think THE KNICK, THE KNICKS! Can beat them?

WrongIslander
04-14-2011, 10:38 AM
I dont hate the Knicks at all, they havent earned my respect yet. Shaq is coming back and will not be stopped. KG one of the best defenders is going to shut down Amare. I dont know about Melo though, but Pierce is going to go off and Rondo is going to have his usual OUTSTANDING playoff games. You do know the Celtics have great defense and are coached by one of the best Doc Rivers. How is it unlikely that Boston sweeps?

If you don't hate the Knicks, why the sig? Do you see me obsessed with the Nets? You want to talk about earning respect, your owner just spat in the face of everyone of his players and why? So we had to give Mozgov to the Nuggets. He actually thought this was a good idea as well and even kidded himself that he wasn't really in for Melo just in to make it harder for the Knicks. It's one thing for you to be obsessed with us, but your owner? That's other world embarrasment right there.

It is unlikely that Boston sweeps because they're not firing on all cylinders and despite what everyone seems to be thinking they do have problems of their own and you can't just solve them over night. The C's could go deep and I would much have prefered Miami in the first round but that's not to say that the C's are in sweep position from the off.

If this was pre Perk C's then you'd have a decent shout at the sweep but it still wouldn't be the odds on favourite option. It isn't the pre Perk C's though and post that trade the C's have looked anything but themselves and they can't just right that wrong merely because the playoffs are here.

"The Celtics swept the Knicks in the reg season" that's right they did, now which game that they won has anything to do with the playoffs? You can't just say the C's will turn up in championship mode and completely ignore the fact the last game we played was a nothing game and the games before that we had a different team!

Seriously if you want to say the C's will win then go for it, it's the smart balanced thing to say but if you want to tell me it's going to be a sweep then you better come up with better reasoning than you're giving and take into account all facets, not just the ones that prop up your argument regardless whether they have any relevance or not.

SP17
04-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Celtics in 5 at most 6...dont think NY can beat them 4 times.

Bravo95
04-14-2011, 10:42 AM
If they steal game 1 or game 2. Otherwise its goodnight.
Yep.

haggis
04-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Celtics in 5. Celtics are week in the middle, but the knicks do not have the size to exploit them. Plus, the Knicks dont play defense.

I'll stick with this one. Maybe it goes 6. C's won't have a problem scoring on NYK and they can match up with them defensively. Boston's depth and experience will come through.

Knicks21
04-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Boston in 6 or at the very most 7. We will have a few games where we will shoot the lights out, then we will have other games we will get slaugtered. As long as we win one game, that is a step forward.

danniboi168
04-14-2011, 11:09 AM
if we lose this series its okay, but next year its not okay for us to lose in round one.

DragonJaii
04-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Celtics in 7. Next year knicks fans, next year.

latinofire21
04-14-2011, 11:23 AM
All these Knicks fans already admitting defeat. Its ridiculous! Boston is a shell of themselves for the past 15 games. the first 2 games we played them in the regular season was with a different team. Dont forget that Amares three pointer should have counted and it wasnt even a sweep. Clerical error by the time keeper. Game 3 the Knicks were up by 12 in the fourth and fell apart. Game 4 it was bench vs bench.

What makes you think its going to be a sweep. All the games have been real close for 95 percent of the game. Regardless of the season factors it means absolute **** for the playoffs.

This is when teams really get ready for the other team. THey have time to prepare for everything about the opponent because they know the next 4 - 7 games could be against them.

What is in NYK's favor is that they gelled at the right time. Teams are going to have to figure out how to guard them in the playoffs rather then in the regular season. Whoever our first round matchup was going to be they were going to have a run for their money. No one knows what this Knicks team is capable of.

Knicks have more then enough game film on this squad to know what they are capable of. Rondo cant his a jump shot, KG is overagressive in the paint and can easily be put in foul trouble. Ray Allen has been streaky this season so if you play up on him and he doesnt get going it leaves Pierco to do everything for you. I am more then comfortable with this team because I know if we jump to an early lead they dont have the offense to catch up. The only way they catch up is if NYK fails to maintain the lead by taking bad shots like they did in the 4th quarter of game three.

I was actually hoping for this matchup because they are the most vulnerable team in the east right now.

DragonJaii
04-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Not this year, probably next year.

EWreckShin
04-14-2011, 11:26 AM
I think it'll be a long series but my Celtics will prevail.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-14-2011, 11:37 AM
if we lose this series its okay, but next year its not okay for us to lose in round one.

i absolutely agree.

IMO, if you were to put Thibs, Doc or Pop as theyre HC next year, with another bench piece or 2, your lookin at a drastic improvement.

but yea, ill be nice, C's in 6

Sadds The Gr8
04-14-2011, 11:39 AM
like i said before, NYK is gonna need BOTH Amare and Melo to dominate to win this series, and i can't see that happening. I think one will have a great series, while the other struggles mightily. just can't see both of them dominating the great Celtics defense. NYK's star power will keep it close, but the Celtics are too good. Celtics in 6.

mttwlsn16
04-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Knicks in 7

this

only series im really looking fwd to in the 1st rd, i hope the knicks dont disappoint...i still realllllllllywanna see a heat knicks series

yankeesown69
04-14-2011, 11:45 AM
As a Knicks fan I think the Celtics will take it in 6 but hey you never know

Cool007
04-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Celtics in 5.

AIRMAR72
04-14-2011, 11:52 AM
boston WILL take this 1 in 5games

Mishmin
04-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Melo will make it an interesting series, but not that interesting. C's in 6.

marlinsfan24
04-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Knicks in 7.

Kashmir13579
04-14-2011, 12:32 PM
c'mon Stern... RIG THIS SERIES. :laugh2:

oak2455
04-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Celtics in 4

Who let the Troll out:D????

Punk
04-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Carmelo is awesome. Amare is awesome. Billups is one of the most underrated PGs of his generation, and Boston and NY, two of the most storied franchises in NBA history, finally got something fight over again.

But Boston is too deep, experienced, and know each other too well. Rivers wins the battle on the bench, Boston's center rotation, though slim as it is, is better than NY's, who hasnt had a center all year (Amare is a power foward... yada yada yada). Pierce will be a formidable defender on Melo (who has never had to play Pierce in the post season) and Garnett is going to show Amare how to play defence. Rondo and Billups will have a great battle at PG, and Allen will get a lot of open looks with NY's limited options of defence on the wing.

NY's momentum might get them a win or two, especially considering Boston has been struggling as of late, but I just get this feeling the the lights come of for the playoffs, Garnett and Pierce will be fierce.

Boston in 5 or 6.

Thoughts?

I agree with everything but those bold parts. Amare has scored over Garnett plenty of times this season and he's limited Garnett to shooting jumpers that are contested.

Allen hasn't gotten open looks against us this season at all actually. If that happens, It's because Fields is making these rookie mistakes but I think Allen and Garnett will be defended very well.

Pierce was a problem for us in the last meeting since Melo got into foul trouble then got injured and Fields couldn't stop him.

Chacarron
04-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Boston in 7.

NYJ - NYY
04-14-2011, 12:42 PM

"Where losing happens"

goodlookin man Nets fans hoppen on everyones jock because they are the ugly red headed step brother of the Knicks .... im hoping Knicks in 7 but I can also see boston winning it... woooooooooooo LETS GO KNICKSSSSSSS

Tha Truth
04-14-2011, 12:43 PM
This should be an EPIC series.

The Knicks have no answer for Rondo though.

Ill21
04-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Knicks in 7 :pray:

210Don
04-14-2011, 12:54 PM
i say knicks in 7

oak2455
Celtics in 4

28 & 54 is your new name .....btw would sig bet you on your sweep pick but you seem to not follow on sig loses:eyebrow:

king4day
It's possible. I have Boston in 6.

cheetos185
04-14-2011, 01:56 PM
This should be an EPIC series.

The Knicks have no answer for Rondo though.

just let rondo shoot 3's or foul him and make him work at FT line hehe

CHANGO
04-14-2011, 02:00 PM
C's in 6.

sintaks12
04-14-2011, 02:06 PM
Why does everyone keep saying that NY doesn't match up well against Boston? KG and Stat cancel each other out. Melo will outplay Pierce. Rondo can't shoot, so Billups will play off of him all series and post him up on offense. Shaq/JO are old/slow/injured and Ronnie Turiaf will hold his own, for the most part. So we don't match up well at SG, I agree. Allen will have his way.

Tha Truth
04-14-2011, 02:12 PM
just let rondo shoot 3's or foul him and make him work at FT line hehe

LOL that's a pretty good answer, but it's a lot more complex than that.

The GEEEEE Men
04-14-2011, 02:18 PM
28 & 54 is your new name .....btw would sig bet you on your sweep pick but you seem to not follow on sig loses:eyebrow:

Ain't that the truth..

Minimal
04-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Boston in 6 or 7, because we know NY is a big market.

TheRunKiller
04-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Boston in 6

smith&wesson
04-14-2011, 02:40 PM
ill take new york in 7. non of therye bigs can contain stat... all theyre bigs are on a serious decline and stat seems to be in his prime still playing at a very high level.

Super.
04-14-2011, 02:48 PM
ill take new york in 7. non of therye bigs can contain stat... all theyre bigs are on a serious decline and stat seems to be in his prime still playing at a very high level.

KG has been the best defensive PF in the NBA this season :laugh:

Super.
04-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Besides, New York hasn't beaten the Celtics ONCE this season.

It ain't a rivalry until one side beats the other

nystandup
04-14-2011, 02:55 PM
if anything, Knicks will make it a tough series

Super.
04-14-2011, 02:57 PM
if anything, Knicks will make it a tough series

They seemed to roll over and take it in the regular season

Jonathan2323
04-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Boston in 5, hope it goes 7.

gotoHcarolina52
04-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Boston takes it easy. Knicks take it hard . . . in the booty. Like a Bosh.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Celtics in five or six.

MagicHero3
04-14-2011, 03:28 PM
i say the celtics in 7 only bc they seem so...old. They always start the season how great than get tired and then go off in the playoffs so its difficult to predict this one! which Boston team will we see?

ManRam
04-14-2011, 03:31 PM
I still think defense will ultimately trump offense. NY doesn't have a center to really abuse Boston down low. I think KG can do a good enough job on Amare, and Pierce a good enough just on Melo. They'll just need to score a little, and I think they'll flip that switch and get it done.

I think Boston wins in 6 or 7.

nycericanguy
04-14-2011, 03:45 PM
KG has been the best defensive PF in the NBA this season :laugh:

Garnett was once a great defensive player, while he is still very good he is not where he used to be. He is called a great defender more so on reputation these days.

Amare had absoluately no problem scoring on him, including a 39 point game against Garnett.

The last meeting he only had 16, but at the time NY was really going through a getting to know each other transition. Amare will get his 25ppg in the series.

Bellz
04-14-2011, 04:25 PM
I need to know what exactly makes Knick fans think the Knicks can hang with the GREATEST WINNING FRANCHISE in the NBA and actually think THE KNICK, THE KNICKS! Can beat them?

Ahh the troll of all trolls who doesn't keep sig bets. To answer your question...
because bos is under .500 since the Perk deal and we are actually better record wise.

RC3
04-14-2011, 04:32 PM
This series is tough for the knicks. I won't be suprised if the celtics sweep them since celtics are at their best in the playoffs.

m26555
04-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Right now the Celtics are looking very beatable and IMO are relying a whole lot on a unreliable and questionable health Shaq and JO. That Perk trade may pay off in the long run but I think it totally screwed them for this year when you look at their bigs.

Meanwhile the Knicks, while still playing no defense, do have some legit playoff performers that give you a shot in any given game. Not to mention the underdog factor and that they've actually played the Celtics fairly well this season.

To me it seems like the most likely 1st round upset. Boston is not intimidating anymore.....
:laugh2:

Didn't you also say Boston sucked last year?

Boston in five. The Knicks are a good team, but this is the playoffs. The Celtics will kick it into second gear.

Rose-For-Prez
04-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Boston in 6 will be a good series but everyone knows Defense wins and the C's will be fired up and want to make a statement so 5-6 but i chose 6

magichatnumber9
04-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Sorry Tony Starks they don't. Not by NY

todu82
04-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Celtics in 6

ohreally
04-14-2011, 05:14 PM
The Celtics have looked pitiful since the trade but it doesn't make much sense that they would have fallen that much so quickly, especially since Perkins hadn't played for most of the year. But then again Shaq has also been out throughout the slide.

I still have to think that the Knicks' sporadic and anemic defense and two-and-a-half-men team is nothing that can really spark fear in any team in the playoffs.

Until I see proof over at least two games I have to give a strong edge to the Celtics, with the Cs winning in 5 or at the most 6. If Shaq plays, and that is one BIG IF, a sweep isn't out of the question.

But yeah, if the Celtics did all all of a sudden fall off a cliff and Shaq doesn't play the Knicks' scoring could take it to 7, and could in a long shot, win. As I said though, I'll have to see it to believe it.

Super.
04-14-2011, 05:34 PM
To New York fans--

Sig bet?

Loser wears the others playoff signature for the rest of the postseason

Kashmir13579
04-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Besides, New York hasn't beaten the Celtics ONCE this season.

It ain't a rivalry until one side beats the other

Did you watch any of the games? Thats like saying Skywalker didn't win ONCE until Return of The Jedi.

Super.
04-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Garnett was once a great defensive player, while he is still very good he is not where he used to be. He is called a great defender more so on reputation these days.

Amare had absoluately no problem scoring on him, including a 39 point game against Garnett.

The last meeting he only had 16, but at the time NY was really going through a getting to know each other transition. Amare will get his 25ppg in the series.

KG is the best defensive PF in the NBA and the statistics back it up.

Defensive Win Shares 5.6 (2nd in the NBA behind Dwight Howard)
Defensive Rating - 95 (2nd in the NBA behind Dwight Howard)

Not other PF comes close.

And wasn't that game during A'mare's rediculously hot streak? He hasn't been the same with Carmelo and Billups.

Defense is what wins games and the Knicks don't play defense

Super.
04-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Did you watch any of the games? Thats like saying Skywalker didn't win ONCE until Return of The Jedi.

Wait your telling me that Luke didn't blow up the Death Star? Or break the princess out of it before hand? Your reference is awful.

And I was just quoting KG. And it's the truth. It's not a rivarly until one side beats the other.

NYK|NYY
04-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Knick fan, think BOS wins in six.

AllBall
04-14-2011, 05:49 PM
HOF coach and HOF players who've been there done that. Sorry, not ready to discount the C's just yet. Boston in 6.

theheatles
04-14-2011, 05:50 PM
i hope this goes 7

Kashmir13579
04-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Wait your telling me that Luke didn't blow up the Death Star? Or break the princess out of it before hand? Your reference is awful.

And I was just quoting KG. And it's the truth. It's not a rivarly until one side beats the other.

I don't care whether or not its a rivalry...

Blowing up the Deathstar and allowing the Empire to craft another more deadly one is equivalent to the double digit leads the Knicks have blown in the 4th.

Rescuing the princess is equivalent to the "**** Paul Pierce" chants that reigned down from the Garden when it looked like the game was in the bag.

Amar'es 3 after time expired is equivalent to Lando betraying Han Solo by giving him to Vader.

depending on which end of the spectrum you are on, i think it was a really good reference. :laugh2:

Sportfan
04-14-2011, 05:56 PM
For the people using the Perkins argument.

Do you not realize, the Celtics have actually played BETTER defense since the trade? They've taken the #1 spot for opponent PPG from the bulls since the trade. Rondo has been a mess down the stretch but he's a whole week of rest to got his game back. And we all know Rondo picks up the slack come playoff time. The celtic defense allow the least points and shots per game, and that was without shaq for most of the year. Insert Shaq to clog the paint up and Amare's going to have a tougher time banging it down low.

And for the people saying Boston isn't scoring and look like a mess, well they don't score a ton because they play a slow pace. Yes, they are 22nd in ppg this year, they were 19th last year as a finals team. What people are ignoring is their efficiency. Celtics have the best FG% in the league. If they were playing so bad down the stretch, I doubt they would have maintained the best FG% percentage.
Boston actually has the best FG%/opponent FG% differential in the league.

Super.
04-14-2011, 05:58 PM
I don't care whether or not its a rivalry...

Blowing up the Deathstar and allowing the Empire to craft another more deadly one is equivalent to the double digit leads the Knicks have blown in the 4th.

Rescuing the princess is equivalent to the "**** Paul Pierce" chants that reigned down from the Garden when it looked like the game was in the bag.

Amar'es 3 after time expired is equivalent to Lando betraying Han Solo by giving him to Vader.

depending on which end of the spectrum you are on, i think it was a really good reference. :laugh2:

I must say, this is really funny that we're doing this, but I would count the destruction of the death star as a clear victory for the Rebel forces, which the (Knicks haven't done yet).

NYK|NYY
04-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Am I ******** or did we only REALLY play the Celtics after the 'Melo trade once? (obviously discounting the war of the benches last night)

Kashmir13579
04-14-2011, 06:04 PM
I must say, this is really funny that we're doing this, but I would count the destruction of the death star as a clear victory for the Rebel forces, which the (Knicks haven't done yet).

:laugh:

it is funny.

good luck in the series.

Super.
04-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Am I ******** or did we only REALLY play the Celtics after the 'Melo trade once? (obviously discounting the war of the benches last night)

You are correct

NYK|NYY
04-14-2011, 06:12 PM
You are correct
Let me first say, I think BOS is going to win in 6.

But, you can't hold weight on the regular season (on a matchup that has had, really, an insufficient sample size) and than discount how BOS has played like complete crap as of late.

To me its illogical, because if BOS can turn it on, so can the Knicks.

ManRam
04-14-2011, 06:17 PM
I think the Perkins argument is legit...legit against any team with a ton of size (LA mainly, Orlando too because Perk shut down Dwight on the reg). NYK has no real size...so losing Perk isn't a big deal. Like sportfan said, the defense absolutely has not dropped off. Their problems are offensively, and against the Knicks, they'll be able to score.

NYK|NYY
04-14-2011, 06:21 PM
I think the Perkins argument is legit...legit against any team with a ton of size (LA mainly, Orlando too because Perk shut down Dwight on the reg). NYK has no real size...so losing Perk isn't a big deal. Like sportfan said, the defense absolutely has not dropped off. Their problems are offensively, and against the Knicks, they'll be able to score.

If the Knicks can maintain any form of intensity I really think they will have no problem with Boston, its the fact that they have no idea how to keep their feet on the gas, so to speak. Which is really one of the things that separates veterans and the good teams from the bad.

Kashmir13579
04-14-2011, 06:21 PM

Rondo playing his transition game isn't gonna make things easier on the Knicks. its not like we can just speed it up and win that way.

they've put up big numbers plenty of times playing our own game.

RedRicanoBx
04-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Man everyone can say what they want, after they lost perkins im not as scared as I was before... Amare will come and do his thing believe that.. he has a chip on his shoulder, melo... tsss how hes been playing lately Id be scared there is not a single soul on that team who can stop him... but boston plays D, we are not consistent but when the knicks want to play D they are as good as maybe miami... Only person Im scared of is rondo and ray a lil bit cause if ray goes off he spreads the floor...

For all those people who swore up and down that boston didnt have nothing in them last year and than they came up and took LA to one of the best 7 game championship series ever I feel they did that all with perk... they would of never passed cle or orl with out his presence... I still think Boston is deeper dont get me wrong... but shaq and JO are nothing but washed up....

With my novel finally done lol and again this is all how I see it and IMO so please no bashing....

I think it can go either way in 7 !!!

Mc Lovin
04-14-2011, 07:27 PM
Celtics win this series easy. They beat up the Knicks last night with the second and third string players. I could see a sweep or Boston winning in 5.

ManRam
04-14-2011, 07:35 PM
KG is and was always the best defender on that team. Again, I do think losing Perk hurts, but I don't think it will matter much against NYK...who rarely plays with a center that plays like a true center. KG will guard Amare, and that's that.

Rondo is the key. He's been terrible lately. I do think Boston will be able to score on NYK pretty easily...but he's going to need to step it up to out score them. Boston still is the second best defensive team in the league. NYK isn't going to run laps on them.

I still really like Boston in this series. Last year everyone was worried for them too. They finished 4th in the East! They got into the playoffs, flipped the switch, and were (perhaps) a Perk injury away from another championship.

knicks4life33
04-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Ill just say its goin be a tough series fr both teams

metsfaninSTL
04-14-2011, 08:15 PM
boston in 6

heathonater
04-14-2011, 08:17 PM
the knicks are a very dangerous team, since melo and amare can both take over games with their scoring. im picking boston to win in 6 because ny's defense is not good enough right now. and if ny struggles on offense, they'll be in trouble because they havent shown the ability to really lock down on d.

Mc Lovin
04-14-2011, 09:20 PM
The Knicks probably had a better chance beating the Celtics in the playoffs with the team they had before the Melo trade. Wilson Chandler always plays great against Boston and does a great job defensively against Pierce with his long arm. Pierce usually does a great job against Melo. I think Melo is too selfish to ever lead his team to a playoff series win. He'll try to be the hero all series while the C's play team ball and run circles around the Knicks. Could be a sweep or 5 games. It's definitely not going 6. I'll take any sig bet you wanna throw at me. It will not go 6 games.

Baller1
04-14-2011, 09:26 PM
I can't believe the Knicks are getting so much credit.

Boston in 5.

ManningToTyree
04-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Boston in 6

samevans7
04-14-2011, 09:42 PM
this whole "Rondo cant shoot, so well stay off him and he wont do anything" is absolute crap.

Rondo is one of the better PGs at attacking the basket. He's had ninteen 19 point games in the playoffs in the past two years. He can score.

Lets say Rondo is at the top of the key, Ray and Pierce on the wings. KG rolls to the mid-range, and Big Baby sets a high screen for Rondo. He goes to the basket uncontested and thats a bucket. The Celts should do that all day until the perimeter collapses, and then he dishes out for 3.

Sweep.

justinnum1
04-14-2011, 09:59 PM
As bad as boston is on the glass, i think they will own the boards in this series.

NYKnicksAllDay
04-15-2011, 12:50 AM
I think we can win a couple of games, but I don't think this is the year for the Knicks take down the Celtics. I got Celtics in 6, although I would love to be wrong.

BleedingGreen9
04-15-2011, 01:18 AM
this whole "Rondo cant shoot, so well stay off him and he wont do anything" is absolute crap.

Rondo is one of the better PGs at attacking the basket. He's had ninteen 19 point games in the playoffs in the past two years. He can score.

Lets say Rondo is at the top of the key, Ray and Pierce on the wings. KG rolls to the mid-range, and Big Baby sets a high screen for Rondo. He goes to the basket uncontested and thats a bucket. The Celts should do that all day until the perimeter collapses, and then he dishes out for 3.

Sweep.

jumper is getting a lil better..... Rondos my dude but if he could just finish under the basket misses way to many open looks. Still celtics way deeper and more disciplined not just saying it because im a big fan but i realy believ celtics in 5 NY get a win at home but nothing more. Pierce is an underated defender and Melo just dont play D. Pierce and Green should put up 35-40 combined points everynight. Looken forward to the KG Amare match up its gunna get heated down in that paint.......

STA_PLAR
04-15-2011, 01:24 AM
KNICKS HATERs will be proven wrong in this series. ILL SIG BET ANYONE! hahahahahahahahahahahahah

Mc Lovin
04-15-2011, 02:05 AM
KNICKS HATERs will be proven wrong in this series. ILL SIG BET ANYONE! hahahahahahahahahahahahah

My Paypal account username is McLovin@gmail.com. If the Knicks beat the Celtics send me a bill for $1000 to my Paypal account and I will be happy to pay it. No joking. That's how confident I am that the Knicks are going to be embarrassed.

Evolution23
04-15-2011, 02:17 AM
My Paypal account username is McLovin@gmail.com. If the Knicks beat the Celtics send me a bill for $1000 to my Paypal account and I will be happy to pay it. No joking. That's how confident I am that the Knicks are going to be embarrassed.

embarrassed is a strong word

Mc Lovin
04-15-2011, 02:25 AM
The Knicks had a better chance of beating the Celtics in a 7 game series before the Melo trade. Amare was so much better before the Melo trade. Wilson Chandler gave Paul Pierce fits on the defensive end with his long arms and, Raymond Felton was the perfect PG for that team. Now they have two guys that chuck shots up from wherever they catch the ball and they don't really get their teammates involved. A team like that is not going to beat Boston.

MelkyNYY
04-15-2011, 07:21 AM
I want the Knicks to knock off the Celtics and send Ray-Ray, Paul, and KG to the retirement home

Knickrocketsfan
04-15-2011, 08:01 AM

1. smh:facepalm:. Every game was close this season so idk where you got this embarrassed idea.

2. Just because rondo score on lay ups does not mean he is a good scorer. I give him a less than 40% chance when he takes a jump shot

3. The series will go at least 6 games.

magichatnumber9
04-15-2011, 08:04 AM
I want to see if KG can make Spike cry?

Giantwarrior
04-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Knicks should not have made the Melo trade. Having Melo on the team or not they were going to lose in the first round anyway. they could have gotten him for free. lol.

Crackadalic
04-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Im curious Shaq seems like he may not be ready for game 1 and when he does play he play probably play less then 20 mins. Is he gonna be a huge factor in this series? Also with JO is he gonna be play huge mins throughout the series since he hasnt played a whole lot since the injury?

nycericanguy
04-15-2011, 08:55 AM
Im curious Shaq seems like he may not be ready for game 1 and when he does play he play probably play less then 20 mins. Is he gonna be a huge factor in this series? Also with JO is he gonna be play huge mins throughout the series since he hasnt played a whole lot since the injury?

I can't see either of the 40 year old O'neals having a big impact. Especially SHAQ who is just now starting to practice. I think anything he brings offensively would be offset by his slowness on defense.

Knicks21
04-15-2011, 09:00 AM
any given Sunday baby!!

You can just invision Mike D given a powerful halftime speech, and Ronny getting all fired up lmao

midwestmadman
04-15-2011, 09:03 AM
I still have to lean towards the C's here. I would perfer the Knicks to win bc I dislike Boston but Boston does play better D (and not by a slim margin). The only way NY wins this series is if KG or Rondo go down for the season in game 1 or 2. The Pierce / Melo match up is going to be great and will probably over shadow the the series. I give the Knicks a punchers chance, but they gave up so much to get Melo that they don;t have the depth 3 and 4 seats down the bench to compete with the depth the C's have even without Perkins. The Knicks will be much improved next year assuming there is a season, and imo this is the "last horrah" for the C's before they need to break the core up and et young. They are just like the 2004-2008 Pistons now, take a lesson and start the rebuilding now before you get stuck with high contracts that can't be moved and you start to covet players like AI so you can get cap space only to blow it by overpaying marginal talent.

Knicks21
04-15-2011, 09:05 AM
The Knicks had a better chance of beating the Celtics in a 7 game series before the Melo trade. Amare was so much better before the Melo trade. Wilson Chandler gave Paul Pierce fits on the defensive end with his long arms and, Raymond Felton was the perfect PG for that team. Now they have two guys that chuck shots up from wherever they catch the ball and they don't really get their teammates involved. A team like that is not going to beat Boston.
Fatigue is the problem for amare atm, not the players around him.

oak2455
04-15-2011, 09:09 AM

Embarrassing is strong statement almost the way the Sox have started their season:o

Missing56&33
04-15-2011, 10:01 AM
As a Knick fan I'm very optimistic about our chances in this series. I think the Knicks can play with anybody and very capable of knocking off the Celtics but we have to play near perfect basketball to do so. Even though the Celtics haven't been playing well as of late and the fact that they traded away two players that I think would give the Knicks trouble,(Perkins/Robinson)they are still the defending eastern conference champions.

The Celtics know how to win but if they are to be beat this would be the perfect time to do it.....early in the playoffs. If the Knicks run....I think we can beat them....we have to run, run and run some more. Obviously Amar'e , Carmelo and Billups have to all play big but we need our bench to match that intensity level of the Celtics. It should be a very entertaining, hard fought series.

knicks in 7 bABY!!!
^^^^^^^X2 Its going to take 7 games to do it but we will knock the Celtics off.

Knickfansince97
04-15-2011, 10:19 AM

Sweep.

actually rondo is a layup king. if it werent for the pieces around him he would suck. he cant hit a jump shot to save his life and hes horrible from the foul line. the only thing hes good at is assists. so if you keep his assist under 11 knicks have a good chance of pulling an upset

KnickFanSince91
04-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Perkins was the soul of the Celts..he gave them that toughness that became their identity. People can talk about "well they did it last year" but last year they had the luxury of going against two one-man bands before they hit their stride. They were able to bully teams inside because of Perk. When Amar'e takes KG off the dribble, who is going to be there to protect the rim? Jermain O'Neal? Kristic? Shaq? Please.

Let's not forget that Ray Allen is going to put up at least two or three 2-9 shooting nights like he always does. He's only really had above average game against the Knicks this year.

Rondo is an absolute monster in transition. No doubt about that but he's the easiest to defend out of their entire starting 5. There's no reason to do anything except go under screens against him because he couldn't shoot a fish in a barrel. Chauncey could pick him up at the dotted line and be fine.

Pierce is a killer but so is Melo. You know what happens when Pierce has to exert all his energy defending a top flight scorer? His point production drops. You saw it last year against the Cavs.

How many points are the bench + Rondo + KG really going to give you over the course of a series? If Pierce isn't scoring and Ray Allen is doing his normal off-again-on-again playoff shooting, where are they going to get points from?

Yea I've heard everybody repeat the standard line that the playoffs are about defense and blah blah blah but the team that scores the most points still wins. The Knicks scored over 100 pts in 3 of the 4 games against them and Melo is playing out of his mind right now. You know we're going to play lock down defense but we are going to increase the pace and dare Boston to keep up.

I like the Knicks in 6 (boston will get some amazing calls from the refs in two games) and I'll go further and say we average 103 points per game in the series.

Dankster
04-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Amare is usually an animal in the playoffs..too many posters are discrediting the fact the Knicks have been improving defensively for the last few weeks. I still expect the C's to win handily--probably 4-2.

But I wouldn't be THAT surprised if the Knicks pull off the upset in 6 or 7 games. Eventually father time is going to catch up to the C's nucleus, and it looks like it already has with Shaq...

Baller1
04-15-2011, 01:17 PM
I feel like I'm the only one who thinks all this NYK upset talk is absurd. Nothing against NY, but this is the Boston Celtics. They're gonna make quick work of the Knicks, in my honest opinion. Too much talent; too much experience; too much depth.

It'll be a fun series to watch nonetheless.

Mc Lovin
04-15-2011, 05:03 PM
1. smh:facepalm:. Every game was close this season so idk where you got this embarrassed idea.

2. Just because rondo score on lay ups does not mean he is a good scorer. I give him a less than 40% chance when he takes a jump shot

3. The series will go at least 6 games.

It's going at least 6? There isn't a snowballs chance in hell that it's going 6 or 7 games. The Knicks have nobody that can stop Pierce and Rondo and their bench is too deep. It will be over in 5 games but I would not be shocked at all if the Celtics sweep this series.

Kashmir13579
04-15-2011, 05:24 PM
It's going at least 6? There isn't a snowballs chance in hell that it's going 6 or 7 games. The Knicks have nobody that can stop Pierce and Rondo and their bench is too deep. It will be over in 5 games but I would not be shocked at all if the Celtics sweep this series.

i'm not by any stretch confident that the Knicks can win this series; but it seems to me that most of PSD is not aware of the lockdown defense 'Melo has been playing recently.

Mc Lovin
04-15-2011, 05:49 PM
i'm not by any stretch confident that the Knicks can win this series; but it seems to me that most of PSD is not aware of the lockdown defense 'Melo has been playing recently.

Not against Pierce though. Pierce always eats Melo up.

King P
04-15-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm trying to get as many sucker Knick fans as I can to bet on them against Boston.

No takers though :(

Kashmir13579
04-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Not against Pierce though. Pierce always eats Melo up.

not really, no. Pierce has a slight edge.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=piercpa01

My point being that 'Melo is currently playing the best defense of his career. so why would previous match-ups matter??? 'Melo has been "(eaten) up" by plenty of players over the passed 7 years.