PDA

View Full Version : An incredibly weak West leaves Lakers clear path to Finals

NYSpirit1
04-14-2011, 01:38 AM
Honestly, as much as people want to say how "good" the West is, they aren't looking at the facts.

What they see is all these 40 win teams, 10 to be exact, but the truth is the entire conference can be 40 win teams, but if only one of them (the Lakers) are true title contenders, none of it matters.

It's kind of a shame the Lakers are going to have a breeze to the Finals, like they have the past three years, because there's no serious contender competition, while the East has to beat each other up to get there. The Lakers are like the Pistons teams of the past decade, no real competition so they get to the Conference Finals every year.

This year in the East there's the Bulls, Celtics, Heat and Magic. And the Knicks will be the toughest underdog for anyone in the playoffs.

The only team I can see beating the Lakers is the Thunder, but they still seem too young. After the Spurs lost Ginobili tonight, it's kind of obvious the Lakers will be back in the Finals.

JordansBulls
04-14-2011, 01:44 AM
It's been that way the past 3 years now. The last 2 years the teams that could hang with them either had star players out or they were out in round 1. Last year Utah and Phoenix were the perfect teams to play for LA because those teams had no size. The year before it's too bad the Rockets had no Yao nor Mcgrady. But not only that they were fortunate that they didn't have to worry about playing the team with the best record the last 2 years.

ZebraCity916
04-14-2011, 01:45 AM
You can't be serious.......

The Lakers barely beat the Spurs last night and Duncan, Manu, and Parker didn't even play. How do you figure that the Lakers are gonna breeze by??

OKC took them to 7 last season and they only got better.

Sorry dude, but you don't know what you're talking about.

Illinirob83
04-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Not true. If the lakers had lost tonight they would've had a very difficult path. They would've had to beat a tough Portland team who always plays la tough. Then if they were to win the por series they would have had to go to Dallas in games 1,2,5,7. Not easy at all. Then if they were to win that Dallas series they would have to face the winner of the SA, OKC, DEN side. That would've been extremely difficult. I don't know, maybe lakers fans can enlighten us, but was this their biggest reg season win they can remember? Now they get NO who could be worse than the pacers right now, and then they get Dallas or port at home. So instead of having to beat both Portland and Dallas they only have to play one. The way the lakers have been playing that might have been too tough. Instead they might have ****ed out because of their draw, but Kobe made sure they got that draw by his heorics tonight.

DaBear
04-14-2011, 01:49 AM
If the Spurs can get Ginobili back by the WCF (assuming they meet the Lakers there), I don't see how that would be an easy path for the Lakers...

Avenged
04-14-2011, 01:49 AM
If it makes you guys feel any better, the Thunder will take the Lakers to at least 5 games later on in the postseason.

:)

iggypop123
04-14-2011, 01:50 AM

The Lakers barely beat the Spurs last night and Duncan, Manu, and Parker didn't even play. How do you figure that the Lakers are gonna breeze by??

i wonder how high you were since that series ended in 6. the path is only easy because the good west teams got hurt. aka the grizz rudy gay and david west, but to be fair the lakers owned the hornets even healthy. the key is at least kobe is healthy. last year kobe had to get his knee drained 3 times during the title run.

DCB/LAL
04-14-2011, 01:51 AM
Not true. The Lakers may of drawn what looks to be the easiest match-up in the 1st round(which pretty much every team in the East has IMO aside from the Magic) but they'll face either the Mavs or the Blazers(who ALWAYS play LA tough) in the second and thats no cake walk...then in WCF they will either draw(IMO) the Spurs or Thunder and ALL of those teams(SA,OK,POR,DAL) have as good a chance at winning the title as any of the top teams in the East.

And I also disagree with the Knicks being the "toughest underdog" I say it'll be the Hawks imo I think the Celtics beat the Knicks in 5 TBH... but maybe thats just me :shrug:

EDIT**

tr4shb0t
04-14-2011, 01:55 AM
The league extends series for money anyway, so even if that was true (it's not) then the Lakers will still play plenty of games and put in lots of minutes

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2011, 02:00 AM
So the Spurs, Mavs, Thunder and Blazes are nobodies, but the Knicks are a tough out? LMFAO!!!! LMFAO!!!!

cubswin25
04-14-2011, 02:01 AM
The Spurs are still very tough and the Mavs isn't a total easy series either. I dunno how the Magic are better then those teams. Sure maybe the top three in the East are better then those teams. But If I was a team in the West or East, I would want nothing to do with playing the Thunder. When you consider that they will be tougher to beat in the playoffs with Ibaka and Perkins at PF and C compared to Green and Krstic. Especially since Westbrook and Harden have gotten better. If they make it to the WCF, against the Lakers, it will be a very tough series for the Lakers to win.

Jewelz0376
04-14-2011, 02:02 AM
I dont think the Lakers will breeze thru the west playoffs...but i hope your right

KB24PG16
04-14-2011, 02:05 AM
the first round will be easy but after that nothing is given, and the first round should be easy for the east as well, not sure the point trying to be made

DODGERS&LAKERS
04-14-2011, 02:10 AM
the first round will be easy but after that nothing is given, and the first round should be easy for the east as well, not sure the point trying to be made

Exactly, each of the top 4 seeds in the east get a bye in the first round

SP17
04-14-2011, 02:12 AM
Honestly, as much as people want to say how "good" the West is, they aren't looking at the facts.

What they see is all these 40 win teams, 10 to be exact, but the truth is the entire conference can be 40 win teams, but if only one of them (the Lakers) are true title contenders, none of it matters.

It's kind of a shame the Lakers are going to have a breeze to the Finals, like they have the past three years, because there's no serious contender competition, while the East has to beat each other up to get there. The Lakers are like the Pistons teams of the past decade, no real competition so they get to the Conference Finals every year.

This year in the East there's the Bulls, Celtics, Heat and Magic. And the Knicks will be the toughest underdog for anyone in the playoffs.

The only team I can see beating the Lakers is the Thunder, but they still seem too young. After the Spurs lost Ginobili tonight, it's kind of obvious the Lakers will be back in the Finals.

Spurs/Mavs/OKC says hi..lol
IF the lakers met Portland this year that would have been a hell of a series but because of their tie breaker with mavs they face a hornets team they own most of the season. Seem to me the Lakers path are the same with the 3 contenders in the east..Only Dallas and Celtics 1st round matchups are pretty tough and the only series an upset is a big possibility in my own opinion.. Heat will face a tough opponent in the 2nd round. Same goes for the bulls and the spurs.

Lakerhead4ever
04-14-2011, 02:13 AM
This guy called the knicks a tough underdog, but the spurs, mavs, thunder, and blazers are tough?

Funny becuz the grizzlies have a better record than the knicks at 8th seed. smh bro SMDH

sunsfan88
04-14-2011, 02:22 AM
Child please.

I don't even see LA getting past 2nd rd. Barely beating the Spurs who rested their starters and beating SAC in OT isn't all that impressive.

Purple&Gold24
04-14-2011, 02:22 AM
I'll take that as a compliment ;)

SP17
04-14-2011, 02:24 AM
Child please.

I don't even see LA getting past 2nd rd. Barely beating the Spurs who rested their starters and beating SAC in OT isn't all that impressive.

Good luck dreaming of that..No way Lakers lose in the 2nd round.. If it was OKC their gonna face then maybe..

meloman1592
04-14-2011, 02:36 AM
Lakers are gonna get downed by the winner of the okc/denver series

SP17
04-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Lakers are gonna get downed by the winner of the okc/denver series

last time I check LA is no 2 seed and those 2 teams need to get pass the Spurs..

JNA17
04-14-2011, 02:52 AM
No knicks fan should ever talk about their conference being tough...ever.

championships
04-14-2011, 02:52 AM
You're right about one thing. Lakers will be in the finals but as far as the west being weak! That is a horrible statement. Knicks wouldn't even be in the playoffs in the west. Lakers went 4-2 against OKC in the playoffs last year and 3-1 for this season. I'm not to worried about them.

Lakerhead4ever
04-14-2011, 02:53 AM
Child please.

you seem to still be a little pissed from last yrs post season, or maybe that triple ot game yall lost? or maybe yall not getting to the post season?

Lakers had a horrible season and still beat thunder and mavs 2-1

those saying they cant get past denver or thunder or whoever are nuts

our biggest threat is the spurs and the bulls, maybe the heat.

Anilyzer
04-14-2011, 02:55 AM
Chicago = OKC / Dallas

Anilyzer
04-14-2011, 02:55 AM
Dallas or OKC would almost certainly make it to the ECFs

C-Style
04-14-2011, 03:11 AM

:facepalm: i stopped reading after the first bold. Did you not see the East teams that the top seeds have played in the playoffs, the lsat 3-4 years???? what a joke.

Thunder, Blazers, Mavs and Spurs can beat the Lakers...

Baller1
04-14-2011, 03:12 AM
This thread is, for lack of a better word, pathetic.

Bruno
04-14-2011, 03:15 AM

Six.

WHODAT8o8
04-14-2011, 03:30 AM
You know he's right. The lakers do breeze through to the finals because the refs always rig the damn games for them.

SACNYY
04-14-2011, 03:34 AM
So the Spurs, Mavs, Thunder and Blazes are nobodies, but the Knicks are a tough out? LMFAO!!!! LMFAO!!!!

Exactly. Don't forget about those Sixers and Pacers! TS needs to look at the standings. The 5th seed in the East wouldn't even make it in the West. The East is the weak conference. I thought everyone knew this lol.

AIRMAR72
04-14-2011, 03:38 AM
the west is far from weak but i think the lakers WILL struggle against the nuggets with 2 pass 1st penetrating PG who create there own shots along with nene and jr smith(if he gets hot) spells trouble for the lakers cause they(lakers)dont have the bench support to match against denver gasol and bynum needs to touch ball the every single position for the lakers to go all the way

SP17
04-14-2011, 03:41 AM
the west is far from weak but i think the lakers WILL struggle against the nuggets with 2 pass 1st penetrating PG who create there own shots along with nene and jr smith(if he gets hot) spells trouble for the lakers cause they(lakers)dont have the bench support to match against denver gasol and bynum needs to touch ball the every single position for the lakers to go all the way

do you even watch the nba? have you seen the final seedings.?::confused:.what are you smoking man..lol

Saad
04-14-2011, 03:46 AM
Lol only the first round seems like a cake walk. After that I expect a hard struggle for the Lakers.

FlashMacker
04-14-2011, 03:47 AM
Ha. Lakers breezing to finals. They barely beat the Spurs without there big 3 and the Kings had a chance to win the game before losing in OT. Breeze to finals. LMAO.

ZebraCity916
04-14-2011, 03:51 AM
i wonder how high you were since that series ended in 6. the path is only easy because the good west teams got hurt. aka the grizz rudy gay and david west, but to be fair the lakers owned the hornets even healthy. the key is at least kobe is healthy. last year kobe had to get his knee drained 3 times during the title run.

Six.

:laugh2:

My bad.

They still won't just breeze by in the West. Spurs and OKC will be tough for them. Portland has always gave them problems too. Not sure if Roy will be 100%. Maybe even Denver could be tough for them.

SP17
04-14-2011, 04:03 AM

My bad.

They still won't just breeze by in the West. Spurs and OKC will be tough for them. Portland has always gave them problems too. Not sure if Roy will be 100%. Maybe even Denver could be tough for them.

I will correct your statement..Spurs or OKC since both of them would knock each other out pending any upsets in the 1st round.. Portland will surely be a tough opponent but they should first eliminate dallas before worrying of the lakers. LA wont face denver unless they pull a monster upset against OKC and spurs.

As for breezing through the west that wont happen because when 2nd round arrives tough opponents will face LA.

DamnGoat
04-14-2011, 04:35 AM
The West is not a cakewalk. I wouldn't be that surprised to see the Spurs lose early, but the rest of the top teams are pretty strong and could really challenge the Lakers. A 2nd round match up with Dallas or Portland isn't going to be easy, those are both quality teams that could push them to 6 or 7 games.

I'd probably still pick the Lakers to come out of the West, but I don't think it's going to be easy.

kArSoN RyDaH
04-14-2011, 04:39 AM
Seems like everyone is soooo worried about the Lakers. Is your team not good enough to beat tough teams to get to the finals? #SuckItUp

Bruno
04-14-2011, 04:46 AM

My bad.

:laugh2: It's all good. I don't think it will be a cake-walk either. It shouldn't be. I've been a fan for fifteen years and this has to be one of the most competitive years I've ever witnessed. Not one team with more than 62 wins, w/ nearly 1/3rd of the league posting 50 wins.

Gona be exciting.

Trueblue2
04-14-2011, 08:02 AM

You honestly see Denver making the wcf?

Niro
04-14-2011, 09:57 AM
west is deep east isnt

east has 4 of the top 5-6 teams but after that talent drops like my **** when i am sitting on the toilet

theheatles
04-14-2011, 10:05 AM
an incredibly lucky lakers team beat the kings to get the most favorable seed out west playing the hornets

mikealike305
04-14-2011, 10:13 AM
the lakers will make it to the finals again. to good, to experienced, to much size.

Public Enemy #1
04-14-2011, 10:24 AM
You sir don't know what you are talking about. East tougher than the West? Thats a funny joke when you have the Pacers and 76ers in the playoffs with their records. Oh yeah, the East is way tougher. :rolleyes:

The Final Boss
04-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Los Angeles would come out of the East if need be IMO. People conveniently leave out the fact that Los Angeles went through 75% of those previous Title runs minus Bynum and Ariza coupled with a 60% Bryant who is 75% right now. So keep telling yourself that Los Angeles has an easy run if it makes you feel better.

SP17
04-14-2011, 10:43 AM
an incredibly lucky lakers team beat the kings to get the most favorable seed out west playing the hornets

luck is part of life.:)

S.J.Basketball
04-14-2011, 10:44 AM
It's been that way the past 3 years now. The last 2 years the teams that could hang with them either had star players out or they were out in round 1. Last year Utah and Phoenix were the perfect teams to play for LA because those teams had no size. The year before it's too bad the Rockets had no Yao nor Mcgrady. But not only that they were fortunate that they didn't have to worry about playing the team with the best record the last 2 years.

Why am I not surprised you jumped on board with this? Typical.

jiggin
04-14-2011, 10:53 AM
You obviously don't know much about the west coast conf or basketball this year. Thunder, Spurs, nuggets, blazers...these teams are no push over.

Why do east fans think the west is a Push over...do u not pay attention?

The Final Boss
04-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Why am I not surprised you jumped on board with this? Typical.

When you don't expect much out of certain people, you'll never be left disapointed.

mikealike305
04-14-2011, 11:01 AM
You sir don't know what you are talking about. East tougher than the West? Thats a funny joke when you have the Pacers and 76ers in the playoffs with their records. Oh yeah, the East is way tougher. :rolleyes:

the East is more top heavy, where as the West is more competitve. which means the West as a whole, is tougher than the East. but when talking about the playoffs and only the top 8 teams in each Conf. (or more important, the top 4 teams in each Conf.), being that the East is more top heavy, the East is tougher.

magic0320
04-14-2011, 11:06 AM
the East is more top heavy, where as the West is more competitve. which means the West as a whole, is tougher than the East. but when talking about the playoffs and only the top 8 teams in each Conf. (or more important, the top 4 teams in each Conf.), being that the East is more top heavy, the East is tougher.

NO West is just as much as top heavy or better.

Spurs are better than both Celtics and Heat

Lakers are just as good as Celtics and Heat or better

Dallas are not as good as Celtics and Heat, but they are about Celtics and Heat level.

Thunders are more experienced than Heat (lol jk) but they as much as dangers as anybody in the NBA

If you meant east gets to be more talked about then yeah they are more hyped, but they are not better than west's top teams by any means

...sorry i did not mention Bulls who are really good team but you get the idea XD

marcanthony01
04-14-2011, 11:12 AM

The heroics of KOBE got that win and the 2nd seed...... No luck Hater

mikealike305
04-14-2011, 11:12 AM

Dallas are not as good as Celtics and Heat, but they are about Celtics and Heat level.

Thunders are more experienced than Heat (lol jk) but they as much as dangers as anybody in the NBA

If you meant east gets to be more talked about then yeah they are more hyped, but they are not better than west's top teams by any means

...sorry i did not mention Bull who are really good team but you get the idea XD

lol sorry but im gonna have to strongly disagree. imo. the only team in the West that can win a 7 game series vs HEAT, Celtics or Bulls is LA. i really dont see the spurs, Thunder or Dallas being able to beat those teams in 7 games. i can maybe see dallas or the spurs beating Celtics in 7 games but even that is a strech for me. but who knows? thats what the playoffs are for right? lol

bathroom_man
04-14-2011, 12:01 PM
lol sorry but im gonna have to strongly disagree. imo. the only team in the West that can win a 7 game series vs HEAT, Celtics or Bulls is LA. i really dont see the spurs, Thunder or Dallas being able to beat those teams in 7 games. i can maybe see dallas or the spurs beating Celtics in 7 games but even that is a strech for me. but who knows? thats what the playoffs are for right? lol

maybe the celtics but i cant say for the heat or bulls. no playoffs experience in a 7 game series..any of those teams meet up, its anybody game in a 7 game series.... ur underestimating the experience of the spurs, mavs and thunder, buddy

Iron24th
04-14-2011, 12:18 PM

And you don't know what you're talking about too.

OKC was eliminated in 6 games last year by the Lakers,and for the info L.A blew out SA in their house 4 weeks ago,so,it shows they can do it,I'm not saying L.A will destroy S.A,but saying S.A will destroy L.A is as ridiculous,it will be a competitive series,if S.A go that far cause playing Memphis and OKC will be far from easy for them.

Iron24th
04-14-2011, 12:21 PM
maybe the celtics but i cant say for the heat or bulls. no playoffs experience in a 7 game series..any of those teams meet up, its anybody game in a 7 game series.... ur underestimating the experience of the spurs, mavs and thunder, buddy

I agree for the spurs,but how dallas and OKC are experienced???

Dallas has a long history of choking in playoffs,and OKC has only played one 7 games series last year,they lost in 6 games.

marlinsfan24
04-14-2011, 12:22 PM

:laugh:

Sums up my thoughts..

People need to stop sleeping on the Spurs.

Tony_Starks
04-14-2011, 01:22 PM
If the West is incredibly weak what does that make the east? Ridiculously weak? Match up the playoff teams in the east records vs the playoff teams in the west and see what you get.....

rhino17
04-14-2011, 01:24 PM
the west is still way better than the east

RaiderLakersA's
04-14-2011, 01:25 PM
The Lakers may very well make it to the Finals, but it won't be a breeze. Have you seen any of the Lakers games this year? Most have been competitive, coming down to late in the 4th quarter before victory was assured. The only way that the Lakers breeze through the post season is if someone figures out a scientific way to literally deplete the oxygen from the opposing team, while leaving everyone else able to breathe normally. Basically, the other team would have to be ko'd and unconcious. If you suit up, you've got a shot against these inconsistent Lakers.

L@ker4Life
04-14-2011, 01:32 PM
At the end of the day the Lakers have beat the best from the East the last two years. So that tells me that no matter who the Lakers would have played the last 2 years they would have most likely still won the chip.

FWIW the Knicks are not the toughest underdog. Probably not even top 2, 3, or 4. I mean if what you mean by that is the Knicks are the worst team in the playoff race, then yes you are probably right. Dont be mad cause the Celts are gonna out you in 4 or 5.

cwilson21
04-14-2011, 01:36 PM
This thread is funny. Here are some numbers between the "weak" Western Conference and the almighty Eastern Conference:

West: 261-189 (.580) against the East this year

Western playoff teams: 161-79 (.671) against the East this year a.k.a. ***-beating

East: 189-261 (.420) against the ****** West this year

Eastern playoff teams: 130-110 (.541) against the West this year

Yeah the West is still much tougher than the East. The West plays real grown men basketball. Utah, Phoenix, and Houston would've been playoff seeds in the East for crying out loud. The Lakers have nowhere near an easy road to the Finals.

P.S. Lol at the Knicks being the toughest underdog. They'll be lucky to win 1 game in their series while the Blazers have a great chance of advancing to the 2nd round. Silly Knicks fans.

Tony_Starks
04-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Anyone that thinks getting to the Finals period is easy doesn't really know a lot about basketball. The playoffs are all about matchups you can have a great team and the other team just happens to match up well against you.

Thats why Lakers didn't want to see Portland in that first round....

topdog
04-14-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm just disappointed that Denver and OKC play each other in the 1st round. They had the real potential to deal an upset to someone else (Spurs, Mavs, Lakers).

showtym24
04-14-2011, 02:06 PM
The sixers, pacers, and knicks are tough right? Thank god their in the east. LMAO. Hope your right though.

Hellcrooner
04-14-2011, 02:23 PM
easy path my ***.

Spurs, THunder, Mavs could beat the East team if they get to the finals.

and dont fool yourselves the only REAL contenders in east are Celtics , Bulls and Heat the rest are a step bellow.
not to mention OP that KNICKS wouldnt have made playoffs in west , just saying.

bathroom_man
04-14-2011, 04:54 PM
I agree for the spurs,but how dallas and OKC are experienced???

Dallas has a long history of choking in playoffs,and OKC has only played one 7 games series last year,they lost in 6 games.

but theyre more experienced than the bulls and heat is what im saying eventhough the outcome is a loss...the mavs beat the mighty spurs that year i dont remember and thunder took the lakers to 6 games...

bottom line is mavs, thunder or spurs CAN hang with the Heat/Bulls in a 7 game series. theyre pretty even IMO

im pointing out to that 1 heat fan guy who thinks these 3 teams cant beat them in a 7 game match

fresh prince
04-14-2011, 04:59 PM

Dont sleep on Denver they could very well beat OKC in the first round. I think that series is going 7 for sure.

The West is 6 deep with teams that are a legit threat.

Spurs
Lakers
Mavs
Thunder
Nuggets
Blazers

Anyone of those teams could make the Finals IMO. The East maybe stronger at the top ( its debateable) but there is no queston that the West is again the deeper conference.

tmacsc2
04-14-2011, 05:15 PM

And the blazers match up very well against the lakers! this guy needs to get outta here, the east is so garbage,

Chicago vs Indiana: Pacers are 8 games below 500.
Orlando vs Atlanta: Both these teams are actually kind of weak, both struggle against good teams and atlanta and joe johnson arent as good as they have been in recent years

Miami vs Philly: I have no clue how philly made to .500 but seriously garbage matchup

Boston vs New york: The only good 1st round match up in the east!

RollinDeep
04-14-2011, 11:43 PM
This thread is funny. Here are some numbers between the "weak" Western Conference and the almighty Eastern Conference:

Western playoff teams: 161-79 (.671) against the East this year a.k.a. ***-beating

Yeah the West is still much tougher than the East. The West plays real grown men basketball. Utah, Phoenix, and Houston would've been playoff seeds in the East for crying out loud. The Lakers have nowhere near an easy road to the Finals.

P.S. Lol at the Knicks being the toughest underdog. They'll be lucky to win 1 game in their series while the Blazers have a great chance of advancing to the 2nd round. Silly Knicks fans.

I think this about ends the debate. Besides, if you think about it, the top of the Eastern conference gets to pad there win statistics playing worse teams than the west.

Lakers did win the WESTERN conference first round matchup lotto by getting the West-less Hornets. But the rest of these playoffs will be the toughest yet if they are to get #17.

And I can't wait to see Denver/OKC.

STA_PLAR
04-14-2011, 11:57 PM
The top four of the East are OVERALL better than the top four of the East

However, if you take into consideration all 8 teams, the WEST is better.

The Lakers are that Lucky. They will play New Orleans and Dallas. Both teams SUCK.

But dont complain. This is the NBA!

Mc Lovin
04-15-2011, 12:00 AM

I wouldn't say that at all. The Western Conference is a lot tougher this year than it has been the last 3 years when the Lakers got to the finals. Dallas, Oklahoma City, and Denver are tough teams and you know San Antonio is tough. You don't win 60 games by accident. I could see Denver and Dallas taking the Lakers to 6 or 7 games and I would not be shocked at all if Oklahoma City knocked the Lakers out of the playoffs and we all know San Antonio could knock them out as well. The Lakers are not breezing through the West this year at all. The Thunder gave L.A. all they could handle last year in the playoffs and they're better this year and they have Perkins.

Heater4life
04-15-2011, 12:01 AM

:crazy:

Crackadalic
04-15-2011, 12:05 AM
Wait what? A breeze? Getting to the finals in the east is a breeze lol. Trying to get in the finals in the west is like going through a desert for weeks without water

allSUAVE
04-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Okc bulls finals

Mc Lovin
04-15-2011, 12:09 AM
Dallas or OKC would almost certainly make it to the ECFs

:laugh: The Bulls and Celtics would beat Dallas in 5 or 6 games. The Bulls and Celtics would have more trouble with OKC but they both would still beat the Thunder in a 7 game series. Also even though the Celtics and Bulls are better than the Magic and Heat the Thunder would probably not get past those two teams. OKC matches up better vs Boston and Chicago than they do against Orlando and Miami. The Thunder wouldn't make it out of the 2nd round if they ran into Orlando especially. Dallas would get destroyed by Boston or Chicago though.

Mc Lovin
04-15-2011, 12:15 AM

...sorry i did not mention Bulls who are really good team but you get the idea XD

Is that why the Celtics beat the Spurs twice this year when they were so injured it's not even funny? The Spurs do not match up well against the Celtics at all. I think Boston has won the 5 of the last 6 meetings between the two teams. Celtics defense is too good for the Spurs.

soonabooma
04-15-2011, 12:24 AM
It's still not as close as people wanna think. The East is very strong up top and then there's a couple of pretty good teams. But the Western Conference is straight up like the SEC in football. It's by far, the tougher conference top to bottom. Some of those playoff teams in the East wouldn't even make the playoffs in the West.

jiggin
04-15-2011, 01:37 AM

quoted again because is should end the discussion, close the thread and light that dudes pants on fire...

Bishnoff
04-15-2011, 02:07 AM
Lakers have not had an easy path the last couple of seasons, nor will they this year.

The West has more than one title contender, and it is still a very tough conference. The West has more depth, so the top records in the East will always look better because Western Conference teams keep stealing wins off each other.

Bishnoff
04-15-2011, 02:09 AM

Excellent post.

Ty Fast
04-15-2011, 02:26 AM
spurs are going to come out of the west

Chacarron
04-15-2011, 02:31 AM
It must so annoying for all of you to see the Lakers in the Finals so much. What is it, 31 times total?

Jewelz0376
04-15-2011, 02:59 AM
It must so annoying for all of you to see the Lakers in the Finals so much. What is it, 31 times total?

4real though...just think in the last 11 finals (since 2000) the Lakers have been to 7 of them...Some people are most def :mad:......:laugh2:

towlsmoke420
04-15-2011, 03:28 AM

u idiot. The Mavs and Spurs can beat anyone in the east in a 7game series(maybe not D-rose's bulls) and ur saying la has it easy?. lol

BUCSFORLIFE123
04-15-2011, 04:31 AM
lakers arent that good as last years bro.. cmon now dont follow the hype

BUCSFORLIFE123
04-15-2011, 04:32 AM
its most likely going to be lakers and spurs in the WCF and thats for sure going to be a tough series. Spurs handle OKC with ease, and i repeat with EASE

Baller1
04-15-2011, 04:42 AM
its most likely going to be lakers and spurs in the WCF and thats for sure going to be a tough series. Spurs handle OKC with ease, and i repeat with EASE

I'll be sure to come back to this post.

NBAfan4life
04-15-2011, 01:39 PM
I have to disagree with the OP.

The Mavs, OKC, and Spurs are in the same league as Miami and Orlando.

sep11ie
04-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Yea, a bunch of 40 win teams... and 50 win teams... and a 60 win team... and no teams that made it to the playoffs with a losing record... You're right, the West has nothing.

PrettyBoyJ
04-15-2011, 01:57 PM
They're Def. gonna breeze through.. Hasnt anyone notice a pattern forming with Lakers.. Last year everyone was going crazy because of the Lakers struggles coming into the playoffs and how they wouldnt make it to the finals.. Same thing this year everyone is skeptical about the Lakers going back but really The Lakers play a diff. brand of basketball in the post season.. NO TEAM in the west can contend with the Lakers Not the Spurs, Thunder, or Mavs..

USMCLaker
04-15-2011, 02:09 PM
This just in:

An incredibly weak thread leaves posters with clear path to criticize.

Lakers + Giants
04-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Easy 1st round maybe. . .2nd round Blazers/Mavs. . .WCF OKC/Spurs. . . doesn't look easy to me. . .

magic0320
04-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Is that why the Celtics beat the Spurs twice this year when they were so injured it's not even funny? The Spurs do not match up well against the Celtics at all. I think Boston has won the 5 of the last 6 meetings between the two teams. Celtics defense is too good for the Spurs.

I don't think two regular season wins make difference.

no disrespect to boston, but i do think spurs are better. I even think they are better than lakers.

it's my opinion don't take it too seriously. I was just trying to make point that i believe west is not cake walk.