PDA

View Full Version : If Memphis loses they get the 8th seed?

hgtiger32
04-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Simple question. A mod can close it after it's been answered but I was just wondering, if Memphis loses do they get the 8th seed thus having to play San Antonio?

theheatles
04-13-2011, 10:49 PM
yeah, expect them to blatantly tank this game

hgtiger32
04-13-2011, 10:51 PM
yeah, expect them to blatantly tank this game

yeah its pathetic. stern should punish them for tanking by giving them the 7 seed. blakes gonna go for 50 tho

king4day
04-13-2011, 10:52 PM
I don't think Dallas is as bad a matchup for them but I agree, SA would be more favorable.

Sure enough, they're down 11-2 to start against the Clips.

mzgrizz
04-13-2011, 10:53 PM
No joke.........I personally would have rather seen them play as hard as they have been with all their players and go for it. BUT ! They didn't ask me

MrfadeawayJB
04-13-2011, 11:01 PM
it's all cool, we are resting our starters so when the real season begins we can punch the spurs in the mouth

210Don
04-13-2011, 11:03 PM
it's all cool, we are resting our starters so when the real season begins we can punch the spurs in the mouth

you aint doing **** were probably gonna rest manu the 1st round and still mop the floor with yall

mzgrizz
04-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Let the games begin.................................

MrfadeawayJB
04-13-2011, 11:16 PM
you aint doing **** were probably gonna rest manu the 1st round and still mop the floor with yall

i never said we would win the series, but if you think it will be a cakewalk you are seriously under-estimating the grizz

Hangtime
04-13-2011, 11:27 PM
Ginobili may have a possible injury tonight. Memphis will more than likely play SA.

210Don
04-13-2011, 11:29 PM
i never said we would win the series, but if you think it will be a cakewalk you are seriously under-estimating the grizz

no your overrating the grizz

MrfadeawayJB
04-13-2011, 11:38 PM

well i'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle, but imo the spurs already hit their ceiling earlier in the season, and are declining latley...their age will catch up to them in at least 1-2 games this series..

ps: if you think the grizz team/effort you are watching on espn right now is the one you will face in a few days, i feel sorry for you....but i trust your not that naive

mzgrizz
04-13-2011, 11:43 PM
Let's all agree to disagree and see what happens this next week. SA is tough for sure, but they can be had. Split the series with them this year and trust me, they don't like to lose to our boys. I don't mind being underrated at all; it's what actually happens next week that matters AND that we fought our way back into the playoffs in a VERY tough conference and the baddest division in all of the NBA.

handle
04-13-2011, 11:44 PM

Damn. You're one obnoxious Spurs* fan.

NYK BaLLaS
04-13-2011, 11:45 PM
upset

Hawkeye15
04-13-2011, 11:46 PM

totally, we should all harp on a team that would rather face the regular season champs than the 2 time World Champions.....

mzgrizz
04-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Powe just got ejected for running over BG....they'd been at it back and forth in the fake game tonight. Hope that doesn't mean he'll be out the first playoff game?????

mzgrizz
04-13-2011, 11:52 PM
totally, we should all harp on a team that would rather face the regular season champs than the 2 time World Champions.....

Won't that be the Mavs now at #2??
And did I recognize sarcasm up there or are you serious?

210Don
04-13-2011, 11:53 PM
lol @ yall always getting mad. lol @ yall thinking the grizz can beat the spurs, and if you dont think that then theres no point in arguing who cares if we go 6 . this spurs team is so disrespected its not even funny no one would ever say that about a laker team but when its about the spurs oh there too old an 8 seed can beat them! please were not the mavs,

MrfadeawayJB
04-13-2011, 11:54 PM
that powe ejection was absolutley ridiculous

mzgrizz
04-13-2011, 11:54 PM
I don't really give a rat's *** who we play. I just want to see the series start.
Come on playoffs !!!!!!!!!!!!

MrfadeawayJB
04-13-2011, 11:56 PM
At least John Barry just gave grizz some respect....

allSUAVE
04-13-2011, 11:57 PM
they want the spurs badly, they feel they match up well with them and can possibly beat them

210Don
04-13-2011, 11:59 PM
they want the spurs badly, they feel they match up well with them and can possibly beat them

i really dont see how they think they can beat us.... the reg season vs the playoffs is a whole different animal. this grizz team hasnt been to the playoffs its there first ina while, there gunna see how this team turns up teh defense and plays smart bball, i see a 5 game series they get one in memphis

MrfadeawayJB
04-14-2011, 12:00 AM
lol @ yall always getting mad. lol @ yall thinking the grizz can beat the spurs, and if you dont think that then theres no point in arguing who cares if we go 6 . this spurs team is so disrespected its not even funny no one would ever say that about a laker team but when its about the spurs oh there too old an 8 seed can beat them! please were not the mavs,

Is your team disrespected, sure...i recognize thier accomplishments in the regular season, great job. But if you think like some LA or BOS fans that you are entitled to have a great team every year based on past successes, then :facepalm: to you sir. That's what makes rational fans like myself dislike irrational fans. Now with the possible Ginoboli injury will you still not concede that the grizz will be a tough out. Only team that will be an easy out in the west is the Hornets imo

mzgrizz
04-14-2011, 12:02 AM
LOL I'd be happy to take one in Memphis but I'm telling you, this team is different than the ones from 5-7 years ago. I'm not sure we can take the Spurs in the series, but I'm also not so sure that we cannot do just that. It will be a wonderful week. Absolutely can't wait !!!!

210Don
04-14-2011, 12:02 AM
Is your team disrespected, sure...i recognize thier accomplishments in the regular season, great job. But if you think like some LA or BOS fans that you are entitled to have a great team every year based on past successes, then :facepalm: to you sir. That's what makes rational fans like myself dislike irrational fans. Now with the possible Ginoboli injury will you still not concede that the grizz will be a tough out. Only team that will be an easy out in the west is the Hornets imo

there gonna play us tough for sure. very physical team..... i see every game being close but with our experience we win them

Hawkeye15
04-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Won't that be the Mavs now at #2??
And did I recognize sarcasm up there or are you serious?

I was laying on the sarcasm pretty thick woman!

and yes, if I were the Grizz, I wouldn't be overly happy about facing either. But who would you rather face? The two time current champs, or the bad *** Spurs?

Obviously you take your chances with the Spurs.

MrfadeawayJB
04-14-2011, 12:05 AM
there gonna play us tough for sure. very physical team..... i see every game being close but with our experience we win them

That all i wanted...:clap: at least you came around enough to give us some respect, and other fans around the NBA will respect the team much more once the playoffs are over

mzgrizz
04-14-2011, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the clarification, Hawkeye......Whew!!! I thought I was drinking some koolaid on that one ! Yessirree I want the Spurs.

Hawkeye15
04-14-2011, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the clarification, Hawkeye......Whew!!! I thought I was drinking some koolaid on that one ! Yessirree I want the Spurs.

there will be a PSD Roundtable thread on write ups for the entire 1st round. I volunteered for the Spurs-Grizz (assuming that is the series). I would love if you would send me any opinions you have girl. I will be done with it by late thursday, and I am sure Grizz fans will be more than ok with my fairness.

MrfadeawayJB
04-14-2011, 12:11 AM
there will be a PSD Roundtable thread on write ups for the entire 1st round. I volunteered for the Spurs-Grizz (assuming that is the series). I would love if you would send me any opinions you have girl. I will be done with it by late thursday, and I am sure Grizz fans will be more than ok with my fairness.

your fairness is never in question hawkeye, def one of the most balanced and rational posters that psd has ever seen

NYK BaLLaS
04-14-2011, 12:17 AM
hawkeye do you have a team?

Rafer17
04-14-2011, 12:19 AM
I dont understand...

I feel the Griz have a better chance of losing against the Spurs then against the Mavs..

OnslaughtXX6
04-14-2011, 12:30 AM
Damn. You're one obnoxious Spurs* fan.

fo realz.

Hangtime
04-14-2011, 12:36 AM
It's too bad they lost Rudy although they continued to play well regardless. I think with the playoffs you really need your best player but I think they give the Spurs a good fight. I just hope they win their first ever playoff game.

mttwlsn16
04-14-2011, 12:37 AM
Clipperssssssssss

mttwlsn16
04-14-2011, 12:38 AM
I dont understand...

I feel the Griz have a better chance of losing against the Spurs then against the Mavs..

spurs are one
mavs are 3
lakers got the 2 seed

:confused: what do u mean. grizz had no chance at getting the 6 seed to face the mavs

JeffG20
04-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Wouldnt surprise me at all if the Grizz won this series

210Don
04-14-2011, 12:43 AM
Wouldnt surprise me at all if the Grizz won this series

i would be shocked.... and that would be worse than the mavs losing to the warriors.

bmd1101
04-14-2011, 02:41 AM
At least John Barry just gave grizz some respect....

Thats not saying much

Chronz
04-14-2011, 03:08 AM
I was at the game, Memphis robbed me of a competitive game

Whomewhome
04-14-2011, 03:11 AM
Memphis is gonna give a big scare to San Antonio. The game goes to 7, but San Antonio survives only to lose in round 2

lilojmayo
04-14-2011, 08:14 AM
OJ Mayo is ready to make a name for himself in these playoffs. Do them dirty OJ