PDA

View Full Version : Silas: Kwame Brown will draw offers

PC
04-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Silas: Brown will draw offers

Charlotte Bobcats coach Paul Silas said after shootaround today he thinks there’s a strong possibility some team will make a significant, multi-year offer for center Kwame Brown once there’s a new collective bargaining agreement.

Brown has had a good season, particularly as an improved scorer. He no longer looks like someone who would have to work season-to-season on a veteran-minimum deal. If Silas is right, then the Bobcats will have a tough decision to make, on whether Brown is important enough to shell out bigger dollars and more years to re-sign him.

The other side of that is Brown’s a better player for the way Silas coached him – trusting him to improve offensively in a way other coaches didn’t. I never blame players for bettering themselves financially, but if the offers are close, I’d think Brown would want to stay with a coach who is so vested in his success.
Source (http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2011/04/silas-brown-will-draw-offers.html)

What would you guys be willing to re-sign Kwame for?

Crew1523
04-13-2011, 04:24 PM
It's really odd seeing someone say that lol. Usually when i hear Kwame Brown, Bust/Terrible is usually coming up right after. I havent seen any Bobcats games this year, how has he done? must be doing pretty solid.

homestarunner93
04-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Kwame was quite good this year. He's never going to live up to being the #1 pick, but that doesn't mean he can't be a productive player.

NBA_Starter
04-14-2011, 11:33 PM
I would like to keep him but not at the risk of breaking the bank to have to keep him.

SluggeR
05-10-2011, 01:54 AM
Did Kwame really do enough in his short amount of time with the "Jumpmen", for people to believe he is ready to be a key contributor year-end & year-out? I don't get excited when marginal to "bad" players put up stats at the end of the season(when most teams mail it in).

CeeDub15
05-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Kwame actually looked "ok" this year. I could see him getting interest, doesnt surprise me.

KnicksR4Real
05-11-2011, 08:39 PM
wed luv him!