PDA

View Full Version : Can Chris Webber and Charles Barkley help Kings stay in Sacramento?

KingsMadness44
04-13-2011, 01:54 PM
this was being discussed in the Kings forum but i was thinking the some of you guys thought this would be a good read and a good video too....

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-04-13/chris-webber-trying-to-buy-kings-keep-them-in-sacramento

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfvULUpgyU4&feature=share

i really hope whatever it is that C-Webb is doing will have an affect i would be very sad to see the Kings leave my hometown.

DamnGoat
04-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Would be nice to see them stay, but it's probably too little, too late. The Maloofs have to want to sell the team first and I doubt they do, so it's probably going to amount to nothing.

Byronicle
04-13-2011, 01:58 PM
i think the kings need to go back to kansas and become the royals again

ULT WARRIOR408
04-13-2011, 02:02 PM
I am not a Kings fan but I've been living in Sactown for a lil over 3 years now & I'd like to see them stay here although it seems pretty moot at this point.I have even signed a petition to keep em here at the Raley's supermarket in Natomas(north Sac).

Good thing about this is that they'll prolly start showing Warrior games out here now which is good for me being a Warrior fan.I have not been able to see my dubs play that much since I moved out here to the northern valley from the Bay.

ULT WARRIOR408
04-13-2011, 02:05 PM

They aint moving to KC but they are going back to being called the Royals.;)

KingsMadness44
04-13-2011, 02:26 PM

why though?

iggypop123
04-13-2011, 02:35 PM
the maloofs dont want to sell the team. they wanted more morney from a new city

Byronicle
04-13-2011, 02:36 PM
just because well i like the name better?

but doesn't the state of cali have enough teams there? kansas is a sports town too. no one really thought OKC was one until they tested it out when hurricane katrina came to new orleans

ULT WARRIOR408
04-13-2011, 07:03 PM
^^KC just dosen't strike me as a b-ball town.

Ray_R
04-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Why dont they just give the team to Seattle.

GoatMilk
04-13-2011, 07:34 PM

it would be a lateral move
the reason the sonics left is the reason the kings are leaving pretty much

DerekRE_3
04-13-2011, 07:37 PM

Why do people keep saying Seattle? Seattle has been nowhere near the conversation in any way shape or form. And like someone just said...they don't have a ****ing arena. It's very simple.

BKdoubleStacker
04-13-2011, 07:39 PM
I am not a Kings fan but I've been living in Sactown for a lil over 3 years now & I'd like to see them stay here although it seems pretty moot at this point.I have even signed a petition to keep em here at the Raley's supermarket in Natomas(north Sac).

Good thing about this is that they'll prolly start showing Warrior games out here now which is good for me being a Warrior fan.I have not been able to see my dubs play that much since I moved out here to the northern valley from the Bay.

lmao i live on the same street as that raleys

KingsPhillies
04-13-2011, 11:27 PM
^^KC just dosen't strike me as a b-ball town.

KC definitely loves their basketball. Lawrence, Kansas(where KU is located) is just east of KC, and Columbia, Missouri(where Mizzou is located) is about an hour-and-a-half east. Both schools' athletic departments focus mainly on their basketball programs. I attended Mizzou, and know a lot of people from Kansas City and St. Louis. Both towns could easily support an NBA team. The fan base for basketball is there, and KC has an NBA-ready arena. My roommate from college was from KC, and was a Kings fan because of their history in his hometown. He now lives in Sacramento, and continues to support the Kings. Regardless, they need to stay in Sac where they belong.

KingsPhillies
04-13-2011, 11:32 PM

The one at Del Paso and Truxel? I used to shop there too when I lived in Natomas.

NYK4L
04-13-2011, 11:45 PM
10 - 15 mil? yeah right chuck, you're as broke as a joke or at least as broke as me you degenerate gambler.

40oz
04-14-2011, 02:04 AM
Go back to Rochester...

ULT WARRIOR408
04-14-2011, 11:27 AM

You live by my pops.:cool:

I stay in the North as well(Del paso heights)but as of the 1st of march I'll be moving to the southside(meadow view).