PDA

View Full Version : Lakers vs Chicken Pox

AntiG
04-13-2011, 10:51 AM
The Lakers can hope Steve Blake, out one or two weeks, is the only player on their roster to get chicken pox. Andrew Bynum, Ron Artest and Kobe Bryant never had chicken pox and it isn't clear whether they have had vaccines for the illnesses, but Bynum was the only one who confirmed that fact to reporters. Artest said he had the illness when he "was a baby," and Bryant smiled while dropping an expletive when asked if he's already had chicken pox. To stave off all the absents, the Lakers added Trey Johnson and Derrick Caracter from the Bakersfield Jam. Either way, all the unforeseen adversities adds further anxiety to a team that technically ended its five-game losing streak, but exhibited the same horrific play.

Los Angeles Times

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/277850-yet-another-lakers-concern-chicken-pox?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin#ixzz1JPnA6rei

enserio
04-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Who the fock gets chickenpox as an adult?

Sadds The Gr8
04-13-2011, 11:27 AM

+1. it's weird that so much of these guys havent gotten it yet

turnaround3
04-13-2011, 11:28 AM
I've heard getting it as an adult is a lot worse for your body, health, etc. than it is as a kid.

JRisdabest
04-13-2011, 11:31 AM
thank god i got it as a kid

JordansBulls
04-13-2011, 11:42 AM

I caught it the first at 21 years old when I moved to NYC as I never had it before.

J-Relo
04-13-2011, 11:48 AM

lol :D

Double_R
04-13-2011, 11:53 AM
I caught it the first at 21 years old when I moved to NYC as I never had it before.

Where did you live? Fargo?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
04-13-2011, 11:56 AM
:sigh:

mttwlsn16
04-13-2011, 12:52 PM
kobe/gasol should go and sleep w steve blake now

Avenged
04-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Never gotten them myself.. but they should be fine. I'm sure with the treatment and all the precaution they're getting that their is really nothing to worry about. Only concern right now is Blake, hopefully he cures quickly since getting them as an adult can be deadly.

JordansBulls
04-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Where did you live? Fargo?

Lived in Chicago till I was 20 and moved to Brooklyn at 21. Caught it a month after moving to NYC.

AntiG
04-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Never gotten them myself.. but they should be fine. I'm sure with the treatment and all the precaution they're getting that their is really nothing to worry about. Only concern right now is Blake, hopefully he cures quickly since getting them as an adult can be deadly.

All the treatment and precaution in the world isn't going to prevent them from getting it if they come into contact with the germs. Chicken pox is extremely contagious, and will keep whomever contracts the disease out for a week at least, and I doubt the NBA would allow them to even come back as it would be serious legal liability (particularly to young fans) for them to be on the court, even if the symptoms if the most part are going away or dealable. That's why Blake is basically being quarantined for one to two weeks.

RaiderLakersA's
04-13-2011, 03:06 PM
All the treatment and precaution in the world isn't going to prevent them from getting it if they come into contact with the germs. Chicken pox is extremely contagious, and will keep whomever contracts the disease out for a week at least, and I doubt the NBA would allow them to even come back as it would be serious legal liability (particularly to young fans) for them to be on the court, even if the symptoms if the most part are going away or dealable. That's why Blake is basically being quarantined for one to two weeks.

I was with you until you mentioned "legal liability." There's no such thing. Otherwise every time a player caught influenza (aka, "the flu") people would be suing the NBA left and right. And for the record, I believe influenza kills more people each year than chicken pox.

Lim
04-13-2011, 03:33 PM
if kobe bryant got chicken poxs theres no way in HELL he would miss a single game of the playoffs, guy has too much will. and yes ive had chicken pox b4, i know how awful it is

king4day
04-13-2011, 03:36 PM
if kobe bryant got chicken poxs theres no way in HELL he would miss a single game of the playoffs, guy has too much will. and yes ive had chicken pox b4, i know how awful it is

I don't think it'd be his choice.

Sadds The Gr8
04-13-2011, 03:40 PM
:laugh2: i doubt they'd let a player play with Chicken Pox. Bryant better hope he doesnt catch it cuz this would be the worst time to

RaiderLakersA's
04-13-2011, 03:48 PM

If Kobe got chicken pox, Blake wouldn't be able to show his face in LA ever again. Yes, I know it's not his fault, but tell that to the Lakers fanbase. :D

Khalifa21
04-13-2011, 04:00 PM
:laugh2: Can you imagine Kobe playing with chicken pox... No one would wanna touch him and he'd probably start moaning about lack of fouls or something.

Atticus Finch
04-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Getting chicken pox late in life can be really dangerous, adults do not handle it well whatsoever. It still baffles me that even today parents still don't get their kids the chicken pox vaccine. You stay home from school for a week, feel a little bit itchy for a few days, then never have to worry about it again.

Purple&Gold24
04-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Our only obstacle in the way to the threepeat :sigh:

JPHX
04-13-2011, 06:48 PM
lakers vs chicken pox?? hmm ill take chicken pox by 15

unwantedplayer
04-13-2011, 07:03 PM

While that may be true, there would be no way in HELL they would let him take one step onto the court.

Crackadalic
04-13-2011, 07:03 PM
People are gonna complain that they didnt threepeat because chicken pox beat them in 7 games

Lim
04-13-2011, 09:33 PM
While that may be true, there would be no way in HELL they would let him take one step onto the court.

refer to post #14

DerekRE_3
04-13-2011, 09:41 PM
The Lakers can hope Steve Blake, out one or two weeks, is the only player on their roster to get chicken pox. Andrew Bynum, Ron Artest and Kobe Bryant never had chicken pox and it isn't clear whether they have had vaccines for the illnesses, but Bynum was the only one who confirmed that fact to reporters. Artest said he had the illness when he "was a baby," and Bryant smiled while dropping an expletive when asked if he's already had chicken pox. To stave off all the absents, the Lakers added Trey Johnson and Derrick Caracter from the Bakersfield Jam. Either way, all the unforeseen adversities adds further anxiety to a team that technically ended its five-game losing streak, but exhibited the same horrific play.

Los Angeles Times

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/277850-yet-another-lakers-concern-chicken-pox?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin#ixzz1JPnA6rei

I hope he didn't call the chicken pox a f***ot.

KB24PG16
04-13-2011, 09:57 PM
I hope he didn't call the chicken pox a f***ot.

:laugh2: