PDA

View Full Version : What should the Spurs do tonight??

richiesaurus310
04-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Should the Spurs play their starters against the Lakers tonight or rest everyone and hand the Lakers a free win?

This game is important for a couple of reasons.

1. The Spurs are only 1 game above the Bulls for the best record in the NBA, which equals home court in the finals.

2. The Lakers are fighting for the 2nd spot in the West, and could easily fall to 4th with a loss tonight and a loss to Sacramento which will be the last NBA game in Sacramento ever. Funny that the King's last home game could really cost their arch rivals in their quest for a three peat.

But if the Lakers do fall to the 4th seed then the Spurs would face them in the 2nd round. If they get the 3rd seed then the Thunder or Mavericks would have home court against the Lakers in the 2nd round.

3. Revenge from an earlier thrashing the Lakers gave the Spurs. This would be a great late season win for either teams, and the Lakers could really use a win right now. This would just give the Spurs confidence and it'd be a morale booster right before the playoffs.

What would you guys do if you were Pop??

Jewelz0376
04-12-2011, 03:59 PM
If I were Pop Id play the starters...but if at some point in the game it looks like a repeat of last game (which i doubt) or the starters look like they just don't have it Id pull em and rest for the remainder of the game...

JordansBulls
04-12-2011, 04:00 PM
You play them especially after LA won by 20+ in San Antonio a few weeks ago. If you are the Spurs you want LA to have as many series as possible without HCA then with it. So you essentially help out Dallas in this scenario.

danniboi168
04-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Get the best record in the nba and play the starters.

richiesaurus310
04-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Yea I agre you play to win tonight. Bury the Lakers with a win so I think you go for it. Is San Antonio healthy now does anyone know???

210Don
04-12-2011, 04:13 PM
no lol i let Lakers win to stay 2 or 3 because we can definitely win in Chicago if it came down to it. so i wouldn't think too much ahead, which is what you'd be doing if you play starters and pop doesn't do that. rest last two games...

gotoHcarolina52
04-12-2011, 04:26 PM
I would play my starters and try to spank the LaLas. If we get up 15 or 20+, I'd call timeout, pull all my starters out at once, and blatantly tank on purpose.

That's what I would do, but Pop is too classy to pull that. Either he'd have his starters play a normal game or he'd rest them from the start.

Gibby23
04-12-2011, 04:40 PM
I would play my starters and try to spank the LaLas. If we get up 15 or 20+, I'd call timeout, pull all my starters out at once, and blatantly tank on purpose.That's what I would do, but Pop is too classy to pull that. Either he'd have his starters play a normal game or he'd rest them from the start.

but they are not going to spank the Lakers even if the starters play, you act like teams can just go blow teams out whenever they want.

Baller1
04-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Win! Win! Win!

championships
04-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Spurs starters or not, Lakers are going to come out ready and win this game.

shizzle09
04-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Bulls, Spurs and Knicks should all rest their starters tonight. Why? because im facing Rose, Duncan and Melo in my fantasy league finals.

gotoHcarolina52
04-12-2011, 05:00 PM
but they are not going to spank the Lakers even if the starters play, you act like teams can just go blow teams out whenever they want.

of course, that's why the operative word in my post is "try."