PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul says he'll consider signing with Bobcats next year

NYSpirit1
04-12-2011, 01:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6336690

I can't see the Hornets not trading him within the next year. It just wouldn't make sense to lose him for nothing. And with a team that has a 45-46 win ceiling like the Hornets, I can't see Paul staying.

ellesmeire
04-12-2011, 01:34 PM
but seriously why the bobcats...if its MJ affect wow

Jemikz9Clutch
04-12-2011, 01:37 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't NC was chris paul's hometown? maybe he wants to return home, like anthony did in ny.

dodgersuck
04-12-2011, 01:40 PM
This would be good for the NBA

29$JerZ
04-12-2011, 01:42 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't NC was chris paul's hometown? maybe he wants to return home, like anthony did in ny.

This is the most logical reasoning behind this.
That's about it though.

In 2012 all Charlotte has to give Paul is Stephen Jackson, Tyrus Thomas, Diop/Carroll will both accept their play options, Henderson, White.

Then you have to factor in all the draft picks they have from the Crash trade and DJ will need an extension.

If MJ was a competent FO man this could turn out good for Charlotte but I highly doubt Paul would leave NO when their are clearly better options for him like NY.

210Don
04-12-2011, 01:43 PM
cp3 & jack!!!!!!!!!!!!

Punk
04-12-2011, 01:45 PM
but seriously why the bobcats...if its MJ affect wow

Because he wants to go back to his hometown. A new trend Melo will probably start in the NBA.

allSUAVE
04-12-2011, 01:46 PM
OK we believe him

Baller1
04-12-2011, 01:49 PM
If he's serious, then that would be pretty awesome for the NBA. Parity is seriously lacking.

Cubsfan365
04-12-2011, 01:50 PM
If only the Hornets stayed in Charlotte...

king4day
04-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Bobcats need him for sure. It would really help bring relevance to this franchise.

NYK4L
04-12-2011, 01:54 PM
I think he'll definietly leave N.O, I don't think it'll be for the Bobcats. Besides he wants to play in NY, i'm not saying we'll get him, but you can tell. I'll toast to that.

allSUAVE
04-12-2011, 01:54 PM
so shall we Rule this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ40vZS-IL4 lol

Lakerfrk
04-12-2011, 01:57 PM
If he's serious, then that would be pretty awesome for the NBA. Parity is seriously lacking.

It's especially paradoxical when when you spell parody incorrectly... ;)

dodgersuck
04-12-2011, 01:59 PM
^That video was pretty epic

cwilson21
04-12-2011, 01:59 PM

You're the one who spelled it wrong buddy.

210Don
04-12-2011, 02:07 PM

lmao @ you tryin be smart then failing. YOU spelled it wrong your parody is like making a joke of something original.....

Cubs Win
04-12-2011, 02:08 PM
You're the one who spelled it wrong buddy.

I was wondering if anyone else caught that. :laugh2:

fadedmario
04-12-2011, 02:10 PM
I think he'll definietly leave N.O, I don't think it'll be for the Bobcats. Besides he wants to play in NY, i'm not saying we'll get him, but you can tell. I'll toast to that.

You won't get him

Mile High Champ
04-12-2011, 02:12 PM

How can a state be a hometown? :eyebrow:

goblazers7
04-12-2011, 02:16 PM
The hometown signings remind me of territoral picks in the 50-60s NBA drafts. I like when stars go back to their roots. Also i hate watching national TV when only 8-9 teams play on ABC,ESPN, and TNT. I like how NBA TV gives a variety of teams throughout the season.

ellesmeire
04-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Because he wants to go back to his hometown. A new trend Melo will probably start in the NBA.

we already got rose :D

and this would be good fro the NBA, love to see him in orange lol

danniboi168
04-12-2011, 02:22 PM
i won't believe anything till i see it.

ellesmeire
04-12-2011, 02:25 PM
has CP3 ever said he wants to play in NY? not everyone wants to play in NY...

ne3xchamps
04-12-2011, 02:26 PM
This would be good for the NBA

this.

kyubi256
04-12-2011, 02:29 PM

It starts from this: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/me_amar_and_melo_BU8MzS41wIdwRYLU1D7NTJ

ellesmeire
04-12-2011, 02:31 PM
ill believe it when it comes from his mouth and now the mouth of a "source" i got sick of those ****ing things last summer

Pierzynski4Prez
04-12-2011, 02:33 PM
It starts from this: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/me_amar_and_melo_BU8MzS41wIdwRYLU1D7NTJ

Knicks still won't have the cap space, unless CP3 is willing to sign for like 8-9 mil.

GiantsSwaGG
04-12-2011, 02:33 PM
What the Bobcats need to do is change there name...IMO wanna of the worst names in the NBA...

ellesmeire
04-12-2011, 02:37 PM
the new CBA is going to **** with their dreams, and break up the miami trio

Bullsfan22
04-12-2011, 02:41 PM
The East at the pg position will be loaded..

NYK4L
04-12-2011, 02:42 PM
You won't get him

I'm pretty happy with what we got for now, anyway I really want a center.

NYK4L
04-12-2011, 02:45 PM

It's not NY, wouldn't you like to play with Amar'e & Melo..come in now be honest.

BigCityofDreams
04-12-2011, 02:46 PM
yea right

he's NY bound

KnicksR4Real
04-12-2011, 02:52 PM
so shall we Rule this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ40vZS-IL4 lol

****in dope:cool:

Shmontaine
04-12-2011, 03:04 PM
and then after he's done taking a crap, he'll sign in NY..

Swashcuff
04-12-2011, 03:42 PM
I would root for Paul and Howard on the Cats. If the keep Kwame Brown as Dwight's reserve and feature a starting lineup of

Chris Paul
Gerald Henderson
Stephen Jackson
Tyrus Thomas
Dwight Howard

They could surely stir things up. Not going to happen but I am will to bet that every Cat fan would be drooling over something like that. Hell I aint a Cat fan and I'd be drooling.

BigCityofDreams
04-12-2011, 03:50 PM
the new CBA is going to **** with their dreams, and break up the miami trio

So the league is going to break up teams in a season when the NBA hasn't been this popular in yrs?

Kashmir13579
04-12-2011, 04:11 PM
If MJ was a competent FO man this could turn out good for Charlotte but I highly doubt Paul would leave NO when their are clearly better options for him like NY.

do we have the cap room for that?

NYK|NYY
04-12-2011, 04:14 PM
As a Knicks' fan I don't think we need Chris Paul, he's one of my favorite players, but you really need to solidify your depth in this league, and adding a max guy will restrict you too much in that area. All for him reviving that franchise in CHA or staying in NO.

Sync
04-12-2011, 04:31 PM
If he does, Paul is a G, doesn't need any superstars to buddy around with.

GREATNESS ONE
04-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Ya he'll consider it and keep driving up to NY.

Purple&Gold24
04-12-2011, 04:33 PM
I thought he wanted to win a championship? :shrug:

Jemikz9Clutch
04-12-2011, 04:35 PM
How can a state be a hometown? :eyebrow:

sorry about that dude. all i know is he's from north carolina. forgot what city it is.

JordanFanatic
04-12-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm pretty sure Jordan will try and lure Paul in with Paul being on the Jordan brand. It will be good for the NBA, BUT I'm confident he's going to NY because they have more to offer...

GREATNESS ONE
04-12-2011, 04:36 PM
As a Knicks' fan I don't think we need Chris Paul, he's one of my favorite players, but you really need to solidify your depth in this league, and adding a max guy will restrict you too much in that area. All for him reviving that franchise in CHA or staying in NO.

:eyebrow: You really don't think adding CP3 would elevate you to Championship caliber? You get CP3 if it's on the table, he would destroy the league playing with Amare and Melo.

GREATNESS ONE
04-12-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm pretty sure Jordan will try and lure Paul in with Paul being on the Jordan brand. It will be good for the NBA, BUT I'm confident he's going to NY because they have more to offer...

Jordan is going to try and lure everyone but the fact of the matter is Bobcats are not a very lucrative franchise to play for. MJ needs to nail it in the draft and get a Superstar. Then I can see that franchise flipping upwards. Depending on what Mr. Jordan does when finally put in that situation.

smith&wesson
04-12-2011, 04:47 PM
he should go to orlando. thats the only way the magic can keep howard. chris and dwight would be nice on the same team.

minervamob
04-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Knicks cant afford him when they are paying amare and melo both around 20 millions each. Be realistic knicks fans

king4day
04-12-2011, 05:04 PM
What the Bobcats need to do is change there name...IMO wanna of the worst names in the NBA...

I had read somewhere that Jordan wanted to change it but it will cost a ton to do so.
Something like the Charlotte Flight would probably make the most sense due to 'Air Jordan' and the whole 'First in Flight' deal.
You could give their color a touch of Carolina Blue since that's where Jordan went to school and since the license plates here have that color.

That's at least a start :)

jrguerrero99
04-12-2011, 05:07 PM
^ I like that idea. The flight is kind of a cool name.

Punk
04-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Knicks cant afford him when they are paying amare and melo both around 20 millions each. Be realistic knicks fans

Uhh. Depending on the cap, Yes we will. If our GM/President says we will have enough for 2012 I'll believe him.

You can also make a sign and trade using some of our homegrown pieces. Douglas and Fields.

John Walls Era
04-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Lebron also "considered" Mavs, Knicks and Cavs.

heyman321
04-12-2011, 05:18 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Chris-Paul-really-isn-8217-t-thinking-about-Cha?urn=nba-wp1202

blastmasta26
04-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Lebron also "considered" Mavs, Knicks and Cavs.
Basically this. I doubt CP3 will be a Knick due to cap restrictions and I also doubt he will go to Charlotte because their championship potential isn't that high either. He would've been very good in Orlando with Dwight, but don't know if that can happen anytime soon.

WeBallin
04-12-2011, 05:29 PM

Please stop with the Comin home party for Melo, He was born in BK, but that dude is from Baltimore...... didn't even get his skillz from NY, Just another BIG APPLE WANNABE..... D@mn didn't Lil Wayne try to be from NY TOO???:mad:

Anthony was born in the Red Hook projects in Brooklyn, New York City.[2] He was born to a Puerto Rican father and an African American mother. His father, after whom he is named, died of cancer when Anthony was two years old.[3] When Anthony turned eight, his family moved to Baltimore, where he honed not only his athletic skills, but his survival skills. Kenny Minor, one of Anthony's childhood friends, said, "from drugs, to killings, to anything you can name that goes on in the roughest parts of town, we've seen and witnessed hands on. Those are the things that teach you toughness and keep you mentally focused on your goals." Sports would serve as an important diversion from the violence and drug dealing that were pervasive in the housing projects a few blocks from the homes of Anthony and his friends.[4]

OC Knights #11
04-12-2011, 05:44 PM
This doesn't make sense to me. I don't know what he is thinking. Chris Paul bewhilders me sometimes. He acted like a diva last summer when they wouldn't trade him to a team like the Knicks, but is considering the Bobcats? Chris Paul might as well stay with the Hornets. That team makes the playoffs on a regular basis in a much tougher confrenence versus Charlotte who have never made the playoffs.

Stat&Meloallday
04-12-2011, 05:45 PM
what type of drugs are the people on in here if they dont realize his number 1 option is the knicks! It will just come down to the fact if the knicks would prefer him over deron.

Pran Raznor
04-12-2011, 05:52 PM
what type of drugs are the people on in here if they dont realize his number 1 option is the knicks! It will just come down to the fact if the knicks would prefer him over deron.

k

haggis
04-12-2011, 05:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Chris-Paul-really-isn-8217-t-thinking-about-Cha?urn=nba-wp1202

and that puts an end to that.

oak2455
04-12-2011, 05:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6336690

I can't see the Hornets not trading him within the next year. It just wouldn't make sense to lose him for nothing. And with a team that has a 45-46 win ceiling like the Hornets, I can't see Paul staying.

How do you do it?? Start a new thread and poof your gone:clap:

oak2455
04-12-2011, 06:00 PM

This from a Dallas Yankee Bulls fan......90's teams good job:rolleyes:

JerseysFinest
04-12-2011, 06:03 PM
I think CP stays imo. I think he genuinely has grown to become a fixture in the New Orleans community, he is adored there, and his team is making incremental improvements each year. Unless he truly longs for the Knicks as people suggest, I think he stays, or takes the opportunity of becoming the face of Brand Jordan and bringing a title back home

blastmasta26
04-12-2011, 06:09 PM
and that puts an end to that.
Wow, I hate the media.

homestarunner93
04-12-2011, 06:12 PM
I had read somewhere that Jordan wanted to change it but it will cost a ton to do so.
Something like the Charlotte Flight would probably make the most sense due to 'Air Jordan' and the whole 'First in Flight' deal.
You could give their color a touch of Carolina Blue since that's where Jordan went to school and since the license plates here have that color.

We need to change the name to Charlotte Flight, have our uniforms be Black, Duke Blue, and Carolina Blue. :drool:

championships
04-12-2011, 06:20 PM
My question is Why?

knicks4life33
04-12-2011, 06:23 PM
i doubt thatttttttt. he talks about winning a championship and not wasting his game in his prime but then go to bobcats

JeffG20
04-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Dont care where he goes as long as we get something decent in return. Personally i'd trade him to Denver and get some pieces there. They are deep

Dade County
04-12-2011, 06:45 PM
I believe CP3 will be a knick when his contact is up.... It's already been decided.

He's just implementing, diversionary tactics.... So the league doesn't call him out for colluding, with Melo & Stat.

Everybody should just stop it, you guys say it's good for the league, but what about whats good for cp3? He will have a very, very, very hard time trying to win a ring with the bobcats (and I'm just being kind with my words right now).

Playing on those kinds of teams do not benefit stars in the long run (These players are trying to be remembered as champions)

Only way these none big markets teams can one day win rings, is with a new CBA....
And I hope that happens one day.

OK, now bring on the HATE.... Charlotte is a big market team, blah, blah, blah... and I have no problems with the bobcats or it's fans.

Denver-boy
04-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Hornets if pauls gone, Gotta come to the Nuggets, we'd offer Felton/Ely for Okafor/picks

360CLIKERS
04-12-2011, 07:05 PM
I wanna see CHRIS PAUL in a NY Uniform someday.

airronijordan
04-12-2011, 07:16 PM
I dont think NY needs CP3, they're better off building a complete team around Melo+Amare

New Orleans is probably gonna end up trading him in next years trade deadline (if there is a season)

I think he either ends up in Orl, Atl, or Port

Jamiecballer
04-12-2011, 07:20 PM

way to shame your ancestors and your high school english teacher all in one go.

Ty Fast
04-12-2011, 07:23 PM
i dont see him going there. i see him going to the clippers.

nolafan33
04-12-2011, 07:34 PM
It's amazing that this thread goes 5 pages and ONE person decided to research a little further. From CP himself:

"Come on now people, I did 3 different intervews about the Jordan Brand Classic this morning and was asked if Michael Jordan had influence on free agent signings and I said at the end of the day guys want to win.. they askd would I want to return home and I told them I'm focused here in NO and that's the future and anything can happen...Hate when people try to turn things around just to make it a story... #slowdown"

The majority of this forum and the way they believe anything they read from sites like ESPN amaze me...wow.

airronijordan
04-12-2011, 07:58 PM
It's amazing that this thread goes 5 pages and ONE person decided to research a little further. From CP himself:

The majority of this forum and the way they believe anything they read from sites like ESPN amaze me...wow.

Do you truly believe that CP3 plans to stay in NO?

Remember Melo also said all the speculation is crazy and look what happened

CP3 also demanded a trade this past off-season, if they don't do well in the playoffs - can't you see him be pissed off again and possibly demand another trade?

bottom line is I admit that ESPN is wrong in trying to make it a huge story - theyre probably doing it for views....remember they made up the Melo to LA rumors for ratings

But just because CP3 tweets something, it doesn't mean that he truly means it

We've seen athletes lie over and over again so that they save their image

JeffG20
04-12-2011, 08:27 PM

Dude, Ill bet my new born child he doesnt resign with us.
Paul is playing nice. Thats all it is

nolafan33
04-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Do you truly believe that CP3 plans to stay in NO?

Remember Melo also said all the speculation is crazy and look what happened

CP3 also demanded a trade this past off-season, if they don't do well in the playoffs - can't you see him be pissed off again and possibly demand another trade?

bottom line is I admit that ESPN is wrong in trying to make it a huge story - theyre probably doing it for views....remember they made up the Melo to LA rumors for ratings

But just because CP3 tweets something, it doesn't mean that he truly means it

We've seen athletes lie over and over again so that they save their image

CP doesn't know what he'll do right now. If the Hornets surround him with guys he's happy with, he'll stay. If not, he'll leave. For the record, I don't think he'll be satisfied enough to stay.

CP never demanded a trade, that was put out there by Lebrons boys. Chris has said many times he never demanded a trade. Now what he did say was that he was open to leaving if the Hornets weren't committed to winning. Who can blame him? He put the team on two years notice.

As for the "he doesn't truly mean it" thing, it'd be totally different if he said something like "no, I never demanded a trade." But he didn't, he simply said he's tired of people twisting his words to make a story. I'm pretty sure he's being truthful, since nobody pushed him to make that comment on Twitter. What's not to believe?

Geargo Wallace
04-12-2011, 08:44 PM
I think he'll consider lots of things, but those who think he's a lock for Charlotte are crazy. No player's plans are set in stone. Let the season end before the insane speculation starts. And when a player says he'll "consider it" - sounds like he's being polite rather than leaning that way.

deaner
04-12-2011, 10:02 PM
How can people say this would be good for the league? Are you forgetting the ownership group of the Hornets? If they lost CP3 the NBA might as well dissolve that team and raffle off the remaining pieces.

Doesn't matter, the statement was spun.

hugepatsfan
04-12-2011, 10:11 PM
I hope not. I'm tired of watching him waste his career w/ teams that aren't built to compete.

Knicks21
04-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Knicks still won't have the cap space, unless CP3 is willing to sign for like 8-9 mil.

Amount of Money you can earn from New York if you are good is huge.

Gram
04-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Doubt it.

Astronaut
04-12-2011, 11:08 PM
It all depends what they sign Melo to at the end of this year.

But if you think the Knicks bench is bad now, just imagine if they add Paul!

BluejaysFan08
04-12-2011, 11:15 PM
MJ is a powerful man.

nolafan33
04-12-2011, 11:20 PM
I hope not. I'm tired of watching him waste his career w/ teams that aren't built to compete.

That's the problem with the NBA, only a few of the teams can compete. All the stars can't go to 1/4 of the league.

sargon21
04-12-2011, 11:28 PM
not a chance

FlashMacker
04-12-2011, 11:38 PM

Now that's an awesome name

BigCityofDreams
04-13-2011, 11:56 AM
That's the problem with the NBA, only a few of the teams can compete. All the stars can't go to 1/4 of the league.

The NBA probably hasn't been this deep in yrs. You have 8 legit contenders for the title.