PDA

View Full Version : If Marquies Daniels doesn't get injured does Boston still trade Perkins?

hgtiger32
04-12-2011, 01:42 AM
I think it was mentioned during The Association: The Boston Celtics but I may be wrong. Something about how Ainge was concerned with depth at the wings to give Pierce and Allen a break. So if Daniels doesn't get hurt, personally there's no way in hell they make that trade.

Anyone else agree?

John Walls Era
04-12-2011, 01:56 AM
No. Or at least I hope it wasn't the reason.

JustASportsFan
04-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Even if Daniels were healthy, it's possible that Perkins would have been traded. The following quote is from Boston radio WEEI interview shortly after the trade:

Ainge said that while both his health and his pending free agency were concerns, neither one was a deciding factor in making the deal. "He wanted to test the market. Last time, he didn’t test the market, and this time he wanted to see what his value was, and that was a concern," Ainge said. "It wasn’t so much of a concern that we would have done something just for that purpose. But the fact we were able in our opinion to help our team for this year and protect ourselves for the future was very good for us."

Link for the whole article: http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/2182316/ainge-we-agonized-over-trading-perkins

Tarheels23
04-12-2011, 12:59 PM
I agree, if Daniels doesnt get hurt then they dont make the Perkins deal. They probably would have made the deal with the Cavs though to open up roster spots for Vet bench players.

Cool007
04-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Daniel's injury wouldn't affect anything. It's not like KG got hurt or something. If anything Delonte West is now more important as he can play 2 now.

IMO, Celtics are not playing that good and the majority of the blame goes to Rondo. Whenever he plays all out and gives his 110%, Celtics usually win. Rondo is their Engine and it seems he is either injured or super mad that Perkins was traded (his buddy).

Hope Rondo comes to form or Celtics are not going anywhere - even if Perkins was still with Celtics.

Tarheels23
04-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Daniel's injury wouldn't affect anything. It's not like KG got hurt or something. If anything Delonte West is now more important as he can play 2 now.

IMO, Celtics are not playing that good and the majority of the blame goes to Rondo. Whenever he plays all out and gives his 110%, Celtics usually win. Rondo is their Engine and it seems he is either injured or super mad that Perkins was traded (his buddy).

Hope Rondo comes to form or Celtics are not going anywhere - even if Perkins was still with Celtics.

Daniels was Pierce's backup and a key part of the bench, now Green is.

allSUAVE
04-12-2011, 01:13 PM
No because Perkins was Always more important to the Boson Celtics than Marquies Daniels

NYK4L
04-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Man I don't know, nobody understands that trade, especially when their in a win NOW mode..all we know is they really miss Perk.

iggypop123
04-12-2011, 01:20 PM
its an easy excuse. the ownership probably said sign him or get somebody we can keep

mjt20mik
04-12-2011, 02:31 PM
They wouldn't have pulled the trigger this early.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-12-2011, 03:16 PM
No.

magichatnumber9
04-12-2011, 03:30 PM
I hope not