PDA

View Full Version : Bracketology: East edition.

dnewguy
04-12-2011, 12:58 AM
1st round

1 Bulls vs 8 Pacers - Bulls

2 Heat vs 7 Sixers - Heat

3 Celtics vs 6 Knicks - Celtics

4 Magic vs 5 Hawks - Magic

Round 2

1 Bulls vs 4 Magic - magic

2 Heat vs 3 Celtics - Heat

East Finals

2 Heat vs 4 magic - Heat.

Now, lets know your pick.

sunnydayin'zona
04-12-2011, 01:10 AM
I think your bracket is good, but i have two things to say. If anybody can beat the magic, its the bulls. And if anybody can beat the heat, dont sleep on the 76'ers. Iggy can do his best to wreak havoc on either wade or lebron, which could potentially take away the chemistry and flow of their offense. Also, sixers bench could own heat bench, and elton brand could be a sleeper to be a monster against the heat's front court.

dnewguy
04-12-2011, 01:13 AM
I think your bracket is good, but i have two things to say. If anybody can beat the magic, its the bulls. And if anybody can beat the heat, dont sleep on the 76'ers. Iggy can do his best to wreak havoc on either wade or lebron, which could potentially take away the chemistry and flow of their offense. Also, sixers bench could own heat bench, and elton brand could be a sleeper to be a monster against the heat's front court.

You do realize that bench players don't play much during play-offs right?

D Roses Bulls
04-12-2011, 01:15 AM

but you still need a solid 8 man rotation which all the past champs have had.

Wade>You
04-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Heat's bench is a strength. More hard fouls and cheap shots they can take when teams give up hope and resort to bully tactics.

sunnydayin'zona
04-12-2011, 01:29 AM
Heat's bench is a strength. More hard fouls and cheap shots they can take when teams give up hope and resort to bully tactics.

they'll need to defend guys like turner and young, especially young. (off the bench) i dont follow that much sixer basketball, but from what i've seen, they're a sleeper team to me. I'm just saying Iggy's defense is fantastic, and he is the best person in the league to disrupt lebron. only dwight could have more of an effect on the flow of the heat's offense than iggy.

Briggurlacher
04-12-2011, 01:31 AM
Oh look, a Heat fan started a thread to try to bait Bulls posters into an argument.

NEVER SEEN THIS THREAD BEFORE.

heyman321
04-12-2011, 01:32 AM

lolwut?

dnewguy
04-12-2011, 01:34 AM
Oh look, a Heat fan started a thread to try to bait Bulls posters into an argument.

Instead of complaining, make your picks. You can look back at this thread and laugh at me if it's wrong.

Briggurlacher
04-12-2011, 01:35 AM
Instead of complaining, make your picks. You can look back at this thread and laugh at me when it's wrong.

Fixed.

I will make my picks in the morning.

ellesmeire
04-12-2011, 01:38 AM
1st round
CHI over IND
MIA over PHI
NYK over BOS
ORL over ATL

2nd round
CHI over ORL
MIA over NYK

Title
CHI over MIA

who knows...i think its real possible, i lol when people take no stock in regular season as an excuse

hgtiger32
04-12-2011, 01:39 AM

you're kidding right? everyone outside of wade, lebron, and bosh should not be considered a strength.

ellesmeire
04-12-2011, 01:44 AM
and heats bench is horrible, what you got MM, Chalmers, a couple of over the hill centers...if haslem is back then yeah...but im guessing hes not coming back right? heat bench is just mediocre at best

Knicks21
04-12-2011, 01:46 AM

Sixers have one of the best benches in the league, why in the world wont they use it?

dnewguy
04-12-2011, 01:47 AM
Sixers have one of the best benches in the league, why in the world wont they use it?

They can use it, they'll just have to beat Dwayne Wade.

Knicks21
04-12-2011, 01:48 AM
1st round
CHI over IND
MIA over PHI
NYK over BOS
ORL over ATL

2nd round
CHI over ORL
MIA over NYK

Title
CHI over MIA

who knows...i think its real possible, i lol when people take no stock in regular season as an excuse

That list is pretty good, however i think the Celtics v. Knicks series could go either way.

ellesmeire
04-12-2011, 01:49 AM
wade is goin to **** people up in the playoffs

LayZbone
04-12-2011, 01:52 AM
God I wish Haslem was healthy. The upside is that Joel Anthony has been playing his *** off lately.

1 Bulls
8 Pacers

4 Magic
5 Hawks

3 Celtics
6 Knicks (upset)

2 Heat
7 Sixers
_______

1 Bulls
4 Magic

2 Heat
6 Knicks
_______

1 Bulls
2 Heat

ellesmeire
04-12-2011, 01:55 AM
^hey...I said it first :D

knickfan4life
04-12-2011, 01:59 AM
1st round

3 Celtics vs 6 Knicks - Knicks

Round 2

1 Bulls vs 4 Magic - Bulls

2 Heat vs 6 Knicks - Knicks

East Finals

1. Bulls vs 6 Knicks - Knicks

John Walls Era
04-12-2011, 02:05 AM
God I wish Haslem was healthy. The upside is that Joel Anthony has been playing his *** off lately.

1 Bulls
8 Pacers

4 Magic
5 Hawks

3 Celtics
6 Knicks (upset)

2 Heat
7 Sixers
_______

1 Bulls
4 Magic

2 Heat
6 Knicks
_______

1 Bulls
2 Heat

Good picks.

bringbackfredex
04-12-2011, 02:08 AM
Round 1

1 Bulls vs 8 Pacers - Bulls in 5

2 Heat vs 7 Sixers - Heat in 5

3 Celtics vs 6 Knicks - Celtics in 6

4 Magic vs 5 Hawks - Magic in 7

Round 2

1 Bulls vs 4 Magic - Bulls in 5

2 Heat vs 3 Celtics - Heat in 7

East Finals

1 Bulls vs 2 Heat - Heat in 7

East Champion:

Heat

MELO 15
04-12-2011, 02:10 AM
^^^^^Im going with him, I think, that the knicks are gonna surprise a lot of people, but like my dad said, if we draw the celtics, the knicks will win. Billups will bring his experience to this club, Stat has been resting, and I dont't need to talk about Melo, He is going to reek havoc out there for who ever his guarding him, but the x factor for me on the knicks end is T. Douglas, Shawn Williams, if those two get it going on, than its a rap, The knicks are gonna save A. Carter for the wade and the miami heat, he might help us against the C's as well. I hope Dantoni is smart enough to give Sheldon Williams some minutes, because he produces in the short amount of time that he plays, got soft hands for a big dude, and can be a big body for us, especially because perkins isnt around:cool:

marlinsfan24
04-12-2011, 02:23 AM

1 Bulls
8 Pacers

4 Magic
5 Hawks

3 Celtics
6 Knicks (upset)

2 Heat
7 Sixers
_______

1 Bulls
4 Magic

2 Heat
6 Knicks
_______

1 Bulls
2 Heat

This. Bye-bye Celtics and Bulls! :D

gotoHcarolina52
04-12-2011, 02:32 AM
This. Bye-bye Celtics and Bulls! :D

lol. let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Baller1
04-12-2011, 02:39 AM
Bulls
Pacers

Magic
Hawks

Heat
Sixers

Celtics
Knicks

---------------

Bulls
Magic

Heat
Celtics

--------------

Celtics
Magic

Nothing against Chicago or Miami, I just think this is the way it plays out. Wouldn't be at all surprised though if it's Chicago vs. Miami.

allSUAVE
04-12-2011, 02:47 AM
Fail -.-

If it's Miami vs Magics ,Magics will win in 6 they have nobody to contain Dwight

Jewelz0376
04-12-2011, 02:51 AM
dam the playoffs this year are guna be crzy!...with that said

1st
bulls
pacers

magic
hawks

celtics
knicks

heat
sixers

2nd
bulls
magic

celtics
heat

ecf
magic
heat

Jewelz0376
04-12-2011, 02:53 AM
Fail -.-

If it's Miami vs Magics ,Magics will win in 6 they have nobody to contain Dwight

They dont, but Wade and Bron will be throwing their bodies into D12 for 45 min trying to foul him out...D12 is good at not getting fouls...but still....

If D12 can stay outta foul trouble I think they will beat them in the ecf...but I don't think he can

DamnGoat
04-12-2011, 02:58 AM
1st round
CHI over IND
MIA over PHI
BOS over NYK
ORL over ATL

2nd round
CHI over ORL
BOS over MIA

Title
CHI over BOS

bringbackfredex
04-12-2011, 03:00 AM
Lets not get carried away fellas, personally I think the Magic could go down in the first round...

I don't have them losing until the 2nd round, however I just don't see that team doing anything in the stacked East this year.

osmosis da kid
04-12-2011, 03:46 AM
1st round

Round 2

East Finals

1. Bulls vs 6 Knicks - Knicks
even though im a knicks fan i find this kinda funny lmao

The even more funnier thing is we have beat the bulls all season and split with miami and boston doesn't have that size over us anymore but even to me this a stretch

Lakerfrk
04-12-2011, 04:32 AM
1 Bulls vs. 8 Pacers - Bulls

2 Heat vs. 7 Sixers - Heat

3 Celtics vs. 6 Knicks - Celtics

4 Magic vs. 5 Hawks - Magic

1 Bulls vs. 4 Magic - Bulls

2 Heat vs. 3 Celtics - Celtics

1 Bulls vs. 3 Celtics - Celtics

osmosis da kid
04-12-2011, 04:52 AM
Bulls
Pacers

Magic
Hawks

Heat
Sixers

Celtics
Knicks

---------------

Bulls
Magic

Heat
Celtics

--------------

Celtics
Magic

Nothing against Chicago or Miami, I just think this is the way it plays out. Wouldn't be at all surprised though if it's Chicago vs. Miami.
:facepalm:

osmosis da kid
04-12-2011, 04:55 AM
1 Bulls vs. 8 Pacers - Bulls

2 Heat vs. 7 Sixers - Heat

3 Celtics vs. 6 Knicks - Celtics

4 Magic vs. 5 Hawks - Magic

1 Bulls vs. 4 Magic - Bulls

2 Heat vs. 3 Celtics - Celtics

1 Bulls vs. 3 Celtics - Celtics

really just want to face the C's huh they just got blew out by the heat how u think there going to win anything without size
but you really need to be worrying about the thunder and nuggets

Master Mind
04-12-2011, 06:09 AM

I would like to think so but after watching the fight the Dwightless Magic put up against the Bulls I have to say that the Bulls are crossing their fingers for a Hawks upset. Assuming the Bulls handle their business against the Pacers of course...

redwhitenblue
04-12-2011, 07:40 AM
I would like to think so but after watching the fight the Dwightless Magic put up against the Bulls I have to say that the Bulls are crossing their fingers for a Hawks upset. Assuming the Bulls handle their business against the Pacers of course...
They handled the Magic just fine with Dwight in there. If the Magic can shoot like that an entire series, hell will freeze over.

I do love the "outside of Dwight, the Magic are awful, without D12 they'd be the Cavaliers, they have no one else" and now people are picking them to beat the Bulls.

CHI over IND in 5
MIA over PHI in 6
BOS over NYK in 6
ORL over ATL in 7

CHI over ORL in 6
MIA over BOS in 7

CHI over MIA in 6

Let the homerism continue!

jzero
04-12-2011, 07:50 AM
they'll need to defend guys like turner and young, especially young. (off the bench) i dont follow that much sixer basketball, but from what i've seen, they're a sleeper team to me. I'm just saying Iggy's defense is fantastic, and he is the best person in the league to disrupt lebron. only dwight could have more of an effect on the flow of the heat's offense than iggy.

yeh yeh at the end of the day its gna be a piss easy series and ur back to scratch trying to figure out who can beat the heat next

Heater4life
04-12-2011, 08:07 AM
They handled the Magic just fine with Dwight in there. If the Magic can shoot like that an entire series, hell will freeze over.

I do love the "outside of Dwight, the Magic are awful, without D12 they'd be the Cavaliers, they have no one else" and now people are picking them to beat the Bulls.

CHI over IND in 5
MIA over PHI in 6
BOS over NYK in 6
ORL over ATL in 7

CHI over ORL in 6
MIA over BOS in 7

CHI over MIA in 6

Seriously, its not like anyone is going to go against their favorite team. Its playoff time! Plus, ive said it before, playoffs are a different monster. And EVERY scenario here is possible.

So best of luck to everyone, this year is going to be exciting, cant wait!

PHX2daDEATH
04-12-2011, 08:31 AM
1.Chicago 4
8.Pacers 1
gave the pacers 1 ..they are the only division lost the bulls had all season long...
4.Orlando 4
5.Hawks 3
If Gilbert Arenas finds the hibachyi the Magic could go all the way, or atleast challenge the bulls in round two

2.Heat 4
7.76ers 0
as much as i'd love for iggy to shut Le'Bron down even if he does, Philly has nobody for Bosh and Wade

3.Boston
6.NY Knicks i keep going back n forth on this one; the ultimate decision came down to KG punching channing frye in the nuts.. and i think it lit spark under him after that so ill reward the knicks since it didnt spark him enough that he got hurt and costs the suns the playoffs..
Round 2
1.Chicago 4
4.Orlando 2
i doubt Gil finds hibaychi
2.Miami 4
6. NY Knicks 3
I wanna see atleast one brawl

3.Bulls
6.Heat

bulls in the finals vs................................................ ............

Ill21
04-12-2011, 08:39 AM
1st round

Round 2

East Finals

1 Bulls vs 6 Knicks-Bulls

uprightciti
04-12-2011, 08:43 AM
1st NETS over PISTONS
CAVS over WIZ

blah blah blah

Final is CAVS vs MINNY

CAVS WIN

pebloemer
04-12-2011, 08:46 AM
1st round
CHI over IND
MIA over PHI
NYK over BOS
ORL over ATL

2nd round
CHI over ORL
MIA over NYK

Title
CHI over MIA

With the way the Celtics are playing right now, this is also how I see it going down. Agree.

airronijordan
04-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Chi over Ind (in 4)
Mia over Phi (in 5)
Bos over NY (in 7)
Orl over Atl (in 6)

Chi over Orl (in 7)
Bos over Mia (in 7)

Chi over Bos (in 7)

marlinsfan24
04-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Fail -.-

Fail.

Who do the Magic have to stop Wade, Bron, and Bosh?

CB4AB7VC15
04-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Chi over Ind (in 5)
Mia over Phi (in 5)
Bos over NY (in 6)
Orl over Atl (in 6)

Orl over Chi (in 6)
Mia over Bos (in 7)

Mia over Orl (in 6)

Lakers over Miami in 6......

MagicHero3
04-12-2011, 09:18 AM
They dont, but Wade and Bron will be throwing their bodies into D12 for 45 min trying to foul him out...D12 is good at not getting fouls...but still....

If D12 can stay outta foul trouble I think they will beat them in the ecf...but I don't think he can

yea thats a good point. Wade is known for drawing mad fouls in the playoffs, and Dwight is the key to beating the Heat, so that one could be rough for my Magic!

MagicHero3
04-12-2011, 09:22 AM

CHI over IND in 5
MIA over PHI in 6
BOS over NYK in 6
ORL over ATL in 7

CHI over ORL in 6
MIA over BOS in 7

CHI over MIA in 6

yeeaahh...who said that? lol obviously we can play good without him. It was Rose and the Bulls being compared to Lebron and the Cavaliers, not Dwight n the Magic.

Young and Stupid
04-12-2011, 09:32 AM
First Round
Bulls vs. Pacers - Bulls in five.
Heat vs. Sixers - Heat in six.
Celtics vs. Knicks - Celtics in five.
Magic vs. Hawks - Magic in six.

Second Round
Bulls vs. Magic - Magic in six.
Heat vs. Celtics - Heat in seven.

Eastern Conference Finals
Heat vs. Magic - Heat in six.

NBA Finals (I know this is "Bracketology: Eastern Edition," but why not?)
Heat vs. Lakers - Heat in seven.

SwaggaIke
04-12-2011, 09:33 AM
I don't think Orl or Chi have a second gear but Chi has been so constantly good it might not matter. At the end of the day it'll be Chi vs Mia/Bos. The result will come down to the team willing to defend balls out for as much of 48 mins as possible. All this Philly talk is also hilarious. Well coached team that plays hard, but you have 1 less stopper than you need on the perimeter. The bench is a wash. Good scorers but that skill doest matter if you can't apply it. Philly is also to small.

MagicHero3
04-12-2011, 09:33 AM
1st round

1 Bulls vs 8 Pacers

2 Heat vs 7 Sixers

3 Celtics vs 6 Knicks

4 Magic vs 5 Hawks

Round 2

1 Bulls vs 4 Magic

2 Heat vs 3 Celtics

East Finals

2 Heat vs 4 Magic

Yes, I have an obvious Bias bc of my fandom, but I think the Celtics are too old. I know we say that every year, but for real. Look how old: Avg Age is like 30 or 29 or something! thats OLD.

I only have the Magic beating the Bulls bc thats what I want, but I have a feeling that would be the toughest challenge in the whole playoffs.

DeadlyVeyerus31
04-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Pacers vs Bulls - Bulls in 5
Hawks vs Magic - Magic in 6
Knicks vs Celtics - Celtics in 7
76ers vs Heat - Heat in 5

2nd rd

Magic vs Bulls - Bulls in 7
Celtics vs Heat - Heat in 6

ECF

Heat vs Bulls - Bulls in 7

knicks=love
04-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Bulls over Pacers (4-1)
Magic over Hawks (4-2)
Knicks over Celtics (4-3)
Heat over 76ers (4-0)

Bulls over Magic (4-3)
Heat over Knicks (4-3) - last second gw from wade in game 7

Bulls over Heat (4-3)

Shammyguy3
04-12-2011, 10:07 AM

CHI over IND in 5
MIA over PHI in 6
BOS over NYK in 6
ORL over ATL in 7

CHI over ORL in 6
MIA over BOS in 7

CHI over MIA in 6

This.

yeeaahh...who said that? lol obviously we can play good without him. It was Rose and the Bulls being compared to Lebron and the Cavaliers, not Dwight n the Magic.

The MVP race. People constantly said "The Magic without Dwight are like the Cavs. The Bulls without Rose are still better than the Pacers." Then they go on to say that the Magic will beat the Bulls based on one game where their bench shot lights out from 3 without Dwight.... that's the funny thing.

BGeer091
04-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Is the East better then the West?

Cool007
04-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Cool's East Bracket:

Bulls vs Pacers = Bulls in 5
Heat vs Philly = Heat in 6
Celtics vs Knicks = Celtics in 6
Magic vs Hawks = Magic in 6

2nd Round:

Bulls vs Magic = Bulls in 6
Heat vs Celtics = Celtics in 6

East Finals:

Bulls vs Celtics = Bulls in 7

ankit
04-12-2011, 10:17 AM
First of All New York Will Not Beat Boston. Knicks may even get swept
Second Round Miami wont Beat Boston Guaranteed
Second Round Chicago will beat the magic, they are more balanced team
Final Round Eastern: Chicago vs Boston
I do see Boston coming out because they have the experience thats it but you never know cauz the Bulls are capable of an upset and they have a Rose, a Boozer, A Noah, A deng who could be th x factor against Rondo, Garnet, Pierce and Allen. Could see this go to 7 games. Altought the Celttic posion worries me hopefully davis can handle the load because both the O'neals are garbage.

The heat will not make it pass the second round and i will have a lot of fun watching the Fake Big Thee Flop against The Real Big Three. Bosh will get humilated in the playoffs and Miami will regroup in the offsean trading Bosh. :clap:

Knicks21
04-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Bulls over Pacers (4-1)
Magic over Hawks (4-2)
Knicks over Celtics (4-3)
Heat over 76ers (4-0)

Bulls over Magic (4-3)
Heat over Knicks (4-3) - last second gw from wade in game 7

Bulls over Heat (4-3)

Alan Houston Style :cool:

Kashmir13579
04-12-2011, 10:27 AM
They can use it, they'll just have to beat Dwayne Wade.

good points here.

BGeer091
04-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Round 1:

Bulls vs Pacers: I think the Bulls win in 5. I can see the Pacers winning game one. Then the Bulls run off 4 in a row.

Magic vs Hawks: I'm picking Hawks in 7. Atlanta is better then people think. I can see them upsetting ORL. Lets face it, if ORL isnt hitting its outside shots there not as good.

Heat vs 76ers: I'm going Heat in 6. I think Philly is good enough to steal some wins. Not good enough to win the series though. However I think they can really push MIA to the limits.

Celtics vs Knicks: Knicks in 5. I'm trying not to be biased here. However I think that BOS is really tired. I'm not saying NY isnt, just that were younger and its not taking as much of a toll on us. We've seen it sense Melo got here, NY plays to its competition. So I can see Melo, Amare, Billups exploding in the playoffs. NY is hungry and confident.

Round 2:

Bulls vs Hawks: Bulls in 7. Again I believe that ATL is better then ppl think. It will be a hard fought series. I think that Rose and Thib give them the better advantage.

Heat vs Knicks. Knicks in 6. With the win over the C's NY will ride the high against the Heat. I believe that NY can get into the head of the Heat. I feel like these games are going to come down to last second shots. I'll take NY in those situations.

Easter Conference Finals:

Bulls vs Knicks: Yup its 1999 again. Knicks in 7. Why? I feel like NY can take teams outta there gameplan. Make them to play NY's game. They've done this to CHI already. You can argue that, its the playoffs and it'll be different. I don't think it is. Rose is unstoppable when going to the rim. I just feel like he'll settle for jumpers. If he does that he's not as affective. Amare in the playoffs is a monster. Theres no reason to believe this trend wont continue. He'll have Noah, Boozer etc in foul trouble the entire series.

latinofire21
04-12-2011, 10:37 AM
1st round

Round 2

East Finals

6 Knicks vs 4 magic - Knicks.

Now, lets know your pick

Baller1
04-12-2011, 10:43 AM

What the **** are you facepalming me for?

mikealike305
04-12-2011, 10:56 AM
1st round

Round 2

East Finals

6 Knicks vs 4 magic - Knicks.

Now, lets know your pick

lol are u a knick fan?

Round 1
Bulls vs pacers- Bulls

Heat vs 76ers- Heat

Celtics vs Knicks- Celtics

Magic vs Hawks- Magic
Round 2
Heat vs Celtics- Heat

Bulls vs Magic- Bulls
ECF

Heat vs Bulls- Heat

knicks=love
04-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Alan Houston Style :cool:

Well I was thinking it's 92-91, 5.4 seconds left. Inbound to wade, crossover on the right wing on billups, pull up from 17 feet. Nothing but net as time expires :sigh:

JordansBulls
04-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Round 1

Bulls over Pacers 4-2
Magic over Hawks 4-3

Heat over Sixers 4-1
Celtics over Knicks 4-3

Semifinals

Bulls over Magic 4-3
Celtics over Heat 4-3

ECF

Bulls over Celtics 4-3

JordanPippen
04-12-2011, 11:43 AM
If there's an upset in the first round, I see it happening the Heat-Sixers matchup. Not entirely a knock on the Heat, just like the way Doug Collins has set that team up. They play hard, and throw 8 guys at you which gives you different looks on any given night. Hard to match up against. Don't sleep on the Sixers.

*And just so that this isn't misconstrued as blatant hate on the Heat, I believe if they played the Knicks in a seven game series, they would take it down.

jtsunami
04-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote of the thread "The Heat bench is a strength."

Holy ****, you guys are funny :laugh:

Badluck33
04-12-2011, 11:51 AM
miami gets swept in 1st round.

jtsunami
04-12-2011, 11:53 AM
A lot of Magic love from non-Bulls fans. Apparently it's 2009 again.

ChitownSports16
04-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Instead of complaining, make your picks. You can look back at this thread and laugh at me if it's wrong.

Why post my picks?? If I do Then ill get bashed by more then half your heat fans.

irishkid1691
04-12-2011, 12:00 PM
total homer picks.

why start a thread (if your a heat fan) just to **** on the bulls/celtics?

easy first round exit for lebron this year, dont sleep on philly

ChitownSports16
04-12-2011, 12:02 PM
A lot of Magic love from non-Bulls fans. Apparently it's 2009 again.

Wow... you mean you have NOT been watching BBall???? Magic have been destroying teams in the past few weeks so watch out Bulls here come the Magic.

ChitownSports16
04-12-2011, 12:02 PM
total homer picks.

why start a thread (if your a heat fan) just to **** on the bulls/celtics?

easy first round exit for lebron this year, dont sleep on philly

Thank you

Shkelqim
04-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Heat fans and Chicago Fans need to calm down. All the heat Fans get offended if you say they wont win the championship. Chicago thinks they have found thier savior. The kid still has to grow be humble about him not arrogant. I like the Heat but the fans are a bunch of idiots, any team can lose in the NBA. It's a matter of match ups, what if Iggy gives LeBron nightmare like he did to Pierce a couple years ago. Let's enjoy the games without a bunch of heat fans being offended if you have thier team losing. Heats bench is terrrible btw.

ohreally
04-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Round 1

1 Bulls vs 8 Pacers - in 6

2 Heat vs 7 Sixers - in 7

3 Celtics vs 6 Knicks - in 5

4 Magic vs 5 Hawks - in 4

Round 2

1 Bulls vs 4 Magic - in 6

2 Heat vs 3 Celtics - in 6

ECF

3 Celtics vs 4 Magic - in 7

The Knicks could beat the Celtics if the C's recent play is real, but I just think they haven't really fallen off a cliff. Knicks are the best team in the playoffs to face if you need to find your offense.
Bulls really should beat the Magic, but I just have a feeling that the Magic have been being overlooked and they are better than given credit for.
Celts should beat the Magic in a series but I do think the Heat series will take something out of them.

Finals

Denver over Magic in 4

No, not really, that's a joke, but I like the team play of Denver and I'd love to see a team with no stars win it all to get people off the star-ball bandwagon. I'd love to see the Sixers upset Miami too, and Miami's recent streak might make them overconfident for the first game, which would be the Sixers' only chance. Until they are beat I guess I still have to figure the Lakers are most likely to send Jackson off on a high note.

gotoHcarolina52
04-12-2011, 12:25 PM
If there's an upset in the first round, I see it happening the Heat-Sixers matchup. Not entirely a knock on the Heat, just like the way Doug Collins has set that team up. They play hard, and throw 8 guys at you which gives you different looks on any given night. Hard to match up against. Don't sleep on the Sixers.

*And just so that this isn't misconstrued as blatant hate on the Heat, I believe if they played the Knicks in a seven game series, they would take it down.

:clap: I agree. I think the Sixers have chance to upset Miami and then go into Boston and win too. Then they will play the Magic after Orlando beats Atlanta 4-1 and the Bulls 4-2. Magic-Sixers ECF is my sleeper prediction.

latinofire21
04-12-2011, 12:48 PM
lol are u a knick fan?

Round 1
Bulls vs pacers- Bulls

Heat vs 76ers- Heat

Celtics vs Knicks- Celtics

Magic vs Hawks- Magic
Round 2
Heat vs Celtics- Heat

Bulls vs Magic- Bulls
ECF

Heat vs Bulls- Heat

LOL are you a heat fan?

Ezio
04-12-2011, 01:06 PM
This thread is stupid. Everyone will go with their favorite team.

jtsunami
04-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Bulls over Pacers in 5
Heat over Sixers in 5
Celtics over Knicks in 6
Hawks over Magic in 7 UPSET

Jamal Crawford comes out of nowhere to lead the Hawks in scoring and shoots a blistering 54% for the series. Hedo single handedly loses a game at home in the final minutes playing piss poor defense and 2 T/Os.

Not buying this Orlando team. Team play is crucial in the playoffs and I see a lot of chaos and breakdowns on both offense and defense. Specifically Arenas and Hedo.

Gary Reasons
04-12-2011, 02:19 PM
this is a dumb thread.

210Don
04-12-2011, 02:22 PM
lol i really could see the knicks making it to the finals.......

mjt20mik
04-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Fail.

Who do the Magic have to stop Wade, Bron, and Bosh?

Bosh? Seriously? We all know that Wade and Lebron cannot be stopped, but rather some what contained. You can stop Bosh. He is not a superstar.

Eitherway, the way Miami has been playing, I think they are going to come out of the East.

MagicHero3
04-12-2011, 02:30 PM
This.

The MVP race. People constantly said "The Magic without Dwight are like the Cavs. The Bulls without Rose are still better than the Pacers." Then they go on to say that the Magic will beat the Bulls based on one game where their bench shot lights out from 3 without Dwight.... that's the funny thing.

lol i dont know why i even need to respond to this but....
I think the Magic have proven they can play when Dwights not available and play good (which is shooting the lights out). You act like its luck that we make shots. nope. sorry. not just luck.

Take Derrick Rose off the floor and the Bulls lose 40% of their scoring. 40%!!! he is responsible (assists and points) for 40% of the Bulls scoring.
Honestly, the Bulls without Rose are much much weaker than the Magic without Dwight.

MagicHero3
04-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Bosh? Seriously? We all know that Wade and Lebron cannot be stopped, but rather some what contained. You can stop Bosh. He is not a superstar.

Eitherway, the way Miami has been playing, I think they are going to come out of the East.

The Magic specifically have always had a real hard time stopping Bosh and Wade historically, not just this season. Wade used to drop 40 or 50+ on us all the time, and Bosh always out-matches our PF. We got to hope Lebron plays ball hog and has a horrible night, otherwise, its gonna be hard

mjt20mik
04-12-2011, 02:38 PM
The Magic specifically have always had a real hard time stopping Bosh and Wade historically, not just this season. Wade used to drop 40 or 50+ on us all the time, and Bosh always out-matches our PF. We got to hope Lebron plays ball hog and has a horrible night, otherwise, its gonna be hard

I remember certain games with Bosh vs the Magic (even the series 2 years back). I don't recall him being unstoppable. He can be stopped, and that is what I am saying.

MagicHero3
04-12-2011, 02:51 PM
damn right he can be stopped and hopefully he will be! But your right, with Bron and Wade out there, its hard to consider Bosh a real threat.

gotoHcarolina52
04-12-2011, 02:56 PM
this thread could use some good death right about now

D-Block21-Chito
04-12-2011, 02:58 PM
1st round
CHI over IND
MIA over PHI
BOS over NYK
ORL over ATL

2nd round
CHI over ORL
MIA over MBOS

Title
MIA vs. CHI (Whoever wins game 1)

MagicHero3
04-12-2011, 03:27 PM
this thread could use some good death right about now

someone is sad

gotoHcarolina52
04-12-2011, 03:37 PM
someone is sad

:silly:

DR_1
04-12-2011, 10:34 PM
heat's bench is a strength.

rofl.

kjoke
04-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Bulls over the Pacers in 5
Miami over 76ers in 6
NY over Boston in 6
Hawks over Magic

Hawks beat Bulls in 6
Miami beats NY in 5

Miami beats Hawks in 6

I'm probably wrong, but it never goes chalk, hopefully i picked the right teams to upset :laugh2:

metsfanssince05
04-12-2011, 10:51 PM
Knicks
Knicks
Knicks
Knicks :) :p

NYYCowboys
04-12-2011, 10:53 PM
Chicago over Indiana in 5

Orlando over Atlanta in 6

New York over Boston in 7

Philadelphia over Miami in 7

Orlando over Chicago in 6

New York over Philadelphia in 7

Orlando over New York in 5

jmcelligott92
04-12-2011, 11:07 PM
* In MVP thread Bulls team is amazing, win games cuz of defense, rose is important but not as much as Dwight, without Dwight the magic wouldnt be a playoff team( which takes a sub .500 record in the east)
* outside of the MVP thread
Bulls rely on rose to much, rest of the team is weak, means to much for the team Magic are a solid team

sargon21
04-12-2011, 11:09 PM
All these people picking the Magic over the Bulls are sadly mistaken. We could close them out in 5-6. Sig bet anyone?

jmcelligott92
04-12-2011, 11:11 PM
All these people picking the Magic over the Bulls are sadly mistaken. We could close them out in 5-6. Sig bet anyone?

I'm with you...Double SIG BET

Sixerlover
04-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Round 1: Sixers over Heat in 4
Round 2: Sixers over Celtics in 4
Round 3: Sixers over Bulls in 4
NBA Finals: Sixers over Lakers in 3 (Phil and Kobe will quit after the 3rd 50 point loss in a row)

NBA Champion: Philadelphia 76ers :up:

acehole
04-12-2011, 11:19 PM
Bulls over Indy
Magic over Hawks
Heat over Sixers
Knicks over Celtics

Heat over Knicks
Magic over Bulls

Heat over Magic

CareFREEliving
04-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Bulls over pacers in 5
heat over sixers in 4
celtics over knicks in 6
magic over hawks in 7

bulls over magic in 6
heat over celtics in 7

heat over bulls in 6.....alot of people are underestimating the bulls even tho they have the best record...i also think the Celtics can be the team of old and win the east too...Wade in the playoffs is too much of a monster IMO especially now with james..Bosh is the key, if he doesnt bring it every night he could be the reason they lose...either way im tuning into every game..should be exciting...

Sofnr
04-13-2011, 12:13 AM
Round 1

Bulls over Pacers in 5

Magic over Hawks in 6

Knicks over Celtics in 7

Heat over Sixers in 6

Round 2

Bulls over Magic in 6

Heat over Knicks in 6

Round 3

Bulls over Heat in 7

Baller1
04-13-2011, 12:26 AM
Round 1: Sixers over Heat in 4
Round 2: Sixers over Celtics in 4
Round 3: Sixers over Bulls in 4
NBA Finals: Sixers over Lakers in 3 (Phil and Kobe will quit after the 3rd 50 point loss in a row)

NBA Champion: Philadelphia 76ers :up:

Agree completely. :nod:

THE MTL
04-13-2011, 02:32 AM
To tell u the truth, I think Miami might just come out the East unless Boston can get their O'neals in order lol

Saad
04-13-2011, 02:46 AM
I dont get why everyone thinks that the Celtics are gonna get Upset by New York? :X

Baller1
04-13-2011, 03:03 AM
I dont get why everyone thinks that the Celtics are gonna get Upset by New York? :X

I don't get it either...

ellesmeire
04-13-2011, 03:53 AM
because...because...because...just a gut feeling...most likely of the three to be upset

kozelkid
04-13-2011, 04:27 AM
I really don't understand how anyone can possibly think Boston will get upset by NY. In reality, this is the best team Boston could have hoped to play in the first round; one of the few teams that rebounds even worse than Boston. Boston has more than enough offense and their defense will give NY major issues. Rondo will have a huge series and this potentially can be the series that give Boston all the momentum they need to return to their early season dominant form. Boston got exactly the matchup they needed.

DamnGoat
04-13-2011, 04:27 AM
I don't get it either. I think Boston will end up in the ECF against Chicago.

I don't think we'll see any 1st round upsets in the East. Maybe a tough series from NYK or Philly but I doubt either one can pull the upset over two teams that are much, much better.

kozelkid
04-13-2011, 04:30 AM
I don't get it either. I think Boston will end up in the ECF against Chicago.

I don't think we'll see any 1st round upsets in the East. Maybe a tough series from NYK or Philly but I doubt either one can pull the upset over two teams that are much, much better.

Honestly, I really don't see any series remotely close except for maybe Atlanta and Orlando.
Philly does not match up well with Miami. Yes they will have one of the best defenders in Iggy matching up against Wade or Lebron. However, they have poor matchups across the board at all other positions. As I mentioned earlier, Boston has a huge advantage vs NY. And Chicago vs Indiana deserves no explanation.

Boston and Miami both got the ideal matchup. Had it been vice versa, I think these first round series would have been FAR more interesting and better matched for the 2 underdogs in NY and Philly.

AI
04-13-2011, 04:47 AM
The Knicks are the team to watch out for. If they face the Heat in the ECF they match up very well. Same goes in the West with Denver/Portland, I sure as hell wouldn't want to face those teams in the playoffs.

dnewguy
04-13-2011, 08:50 AM

i'll bet my life if possible, no way the Bulls get past the second round.

jtsunami
04-13-2011, 08:55 AM

Sig bet? Although I know you won't man up and actually do it.

aussie
04-13-2011, 09:01 AM
1st round

2 Heat vs 7 Sixers - Sixers

Round 2

7 Sixers vs 3 Celtics - Sixers

East Finals

1 Bulls vs 7 Sixers - Bulls

samevans7
04-13-2011, 09:28 AM
1st round

2 Heat vs 7 Sixers - Sixers

Round 2

7 Sixers vs 3 Celtics - Celtics

East Finals

1 Bulls vs 3 Celtics - C's

jtsunami
04-13-2011, 09:39 AM
To be quite honest, some of you guys think the NBA Playoffs are like March Madness. There are hardly any 1st round upsets in the NBA. And if a 5, 6, 7 seed does win, no way they get past the 2nd round. ECF and WCF are going to be between 1-4 seeds. Anyone thinking different is just trying to call a very rare event so they can say "See! I said this would happen!"

lvlheaded
04-13-2011, 09:47 AM
The Knicks are not your prototypical 6 seed. Had this team had all summer and all year together they would have easily been 4th or 5th. Carmelo is turning it on right now, Amar'e is gonna be well rested come Sunday and he turns it on in the postseason and they call Chauncey Billups Mr. BigShot for a reason

1 Bulls vs 8 Pacers- Bulls in 5
4 Magic vs 5 Hawks- Magic in 6
3 Celtics vs 6 Knicks- Knicks in 6
2 Heat vs 7 Sixers- Heat in 6

1 Bulls vs 4 Magic- Bulls in 6
2 Heat vs 6 Knicks- Knicks in 7

1 Bulls vs 6 Knicks- Bulls in 7

May be optimistic, but the Knicks are the team none of the top seeds want to see.

Team*Chicago
04-13-2011, 09:51 AM

:laugh2: I'm laughing at you right now.

1. Bulls vs 8. Pacers- Bulls in 5
4. Magic vs 5. Hawks- Magic in 6
3. Celtics vs 6. Knicks- Celtics in 4
2. Heat vs 7. Sixers- Heat in 7

1. Bulls vs 4. Magic- Bulls in 6
2. Heat vs 3. Celtics-Celtics in 6

1. Bulls vs 3. Celtics- Bulls in 6

Bulls vs Lakers- Bulls in 7

ChitownSports16
04-13-2011, 10:06 AM
The Knicks are not your prototypical 6 seed. Had this team had all summer and all year together they would have easily been 4th or 5th. Carmelo is turning it on right now, Amar'e is gonna be well rested come Sunday and he turns it on in the postseason and they call Chauncey Billups Mr. BigShot for a reason

1 Bulls vs 8 Pacers- Bulls in 5
4 Magic vs 5 Hawks- Magic in 6
3 Celtics vs 6 Knicks- Knicks in 6
2 Heat vs 7 Sixers- Heat in 6

1 Bulls vs 4 Magic- Bulls in 6
2 Heat vs 6 Knicks- Knicks in 7

1 Bulls vs 6 Knicks- Bulls in 7
May be optimistic, but the Knicks are the team none of the top seeds want to see.

that would be awesome!

dnewguy
04-13-2011, 10:27 AM
:laugh2: I'm laughing at you right now.

1. Bulls vs 8. Pacers- Bulls in 5
4. Magic vs 5. Hawks- Magic in 6
3. Celtics vs 6. Knicks- Celtics in 4
2. Heat vs 7. Sixers- Heat in 7

1. Bulls vs 4. Magic- Bulls in 6
2. Heat vs 3. Celtics-Celtics in 6

1. Bulls vs 3. Celtics- Bulls in 6

Bulls vs Lakers- Bulls in 7

keep laughing, I find it weird that you Bulls fans get mad when someone doesn't pick your team to win the championship, wtf, when did it become your property? It's just personal opinions, you folks need to get over yourselves. Just because you have the best regular season record doesnt guarantee a championship.

DamnGoat
04-13-2011, 01:52 PM
That's pretty bold...and at the same time ridiculous.

keep laughing, I find it weird that you Bulls fans get mad when someone doesn't pick your team to win the championship, wtf, when did it become your property? It's just personal opinions, you folks need to get over yourselves. Just because you have the best regular season record doesnt guarantee a championship.
Why do mistake laughing as Bulls fans being mad? It's just that your act is amusing. You've been posting outlandish crap like this since the season started.

Jonathan2323
04-13-2011, 02:00 PM

I wouldn't bet my life, but I also do think that the Bulls are frauds. In the playoffs when teams game plan aganist them Rose will be somewhat contained and the bench will dissappear in road playoff games They won't be able to score enough even though they have a great defense.

Magic vs Bulls would be a toss up, but since Bulls have home court they have the slight edge.

Evolution23
04-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Magic ain't beating the Bulls

MagicHero3
04-13-2011, 04:18 PM
why do you sound so sure about that? Its not like the Knicks are guaranteed to beat anyone

Bullsfan22
04-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Magics match up pretty well with the Bulls because of Howard. He will force Rose to make tougher shots around the hoop. Also I'd like to see how Boozer respond to length of Howard If the Magics decide to switch.

Hopefully we'll see a lot of Kurt Thomas and Boozer front courts to get Howard out of the paint so Rose can penetrate.

sammid21
04-13-2011, 04:43 PM

I think Heat fans like you (not all) need to get over yourselves.

1. Claiming the Heat are the best team (Bulls proved they are the best)
2. winning not 6, not 7.... before the season started or beleiving the Heat will win it
3. Claiming LeWade would be MVP (nope Rose is, another thing that will be proven)
4. claiming the Heat can beat the Bulls (Bulls 3-0 vs Miami)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but be smart and base your opinion on facts, not just because the Heat are your team. Bulls are my team but i still say its a toss up between Miami and Chicago in the ECF, with a slight edge to Chicago because of HCA

dnewguy
04-13-2011, 04:47 PM
I think Heat fans like you (not all) need to get over yourselves.

1. Claiming the Heat are the best team (Bulls proved they are the best)
2. winning not 6, not 7.... before the season started or beleiving the Heat will win it
3. Claiming LeWade would be MVP (nope Rose is, another thing that will be proven)
4. claiming the Heat can beat the Bulls (Bulls 3-0 vs Miami)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but be smart and base your opinion on facts, not just because the Heat are your team. Bulls are my team but i still say its a toss up between Miami and Chicago in the ECF, with a slight edge to Chicago because of HCA

The Celtics were also 3-0 against us before we beat them by 23, it's a whole new game in the play-offs.

sammid21
04-13-2011, 04:54 PM
The Celtics were also 3-0 against us before we beat them by 23, it's a whole new game in the play-offs.

True but the Celtics look done, Bulls dominated them too. After the Perkins trade theyve been beatable, and dont look like the same team that we've seen thru 3 quarters of the season. the Magic couldve caught up with them if they wouldve traded Perkins earlier in the season. Theyve pouted their way to the playoffs because they lost their favorite teammate

deftonesrule
04-13-2011, 04:57 PM
the heat aint beating the celtics. im a knicks fan through and through so there is not question. heat would get slaughtered in the playoffs against boston.

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Bulls proved they are the best at winning relatively meaningless regular season games

This is true.

SteBO
04-13-2011, 05:00 PM
the heat aint beating the celtics. im a knicks fan through and through so there is not question. heat would get slaughtered in the playoffs against boston.
I would like to hear your reasoning.

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2011, 05:03 PM

We wont need to beat the Celtics. We'll just wait for your team to beat them in 7 and then we'll run train on your Knicks for four games straight. Mandingo style.

sammid21
04-13-2011, 05:04 PM
This is true.

Right, meaningless regular season games lol thatss why after the 3rd loss, the Heat players cried in the locker room. thats why there are 82 games played every year, because they are meaningless.

so IF the bulls win the title, you and most blind heat fans will say, "the Bulls one just one title its meaningless until they three peat" and even then the three peat would be meaningless lol

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Right, meaningless regular season games

Glad you've seen the light! :clap:

kozelkid
04-13-2011, 05:11 PM

That's funny seeing as you already betted your life once before that the Bulls would lose to the Heat this season. :rolleyes:

i'll put your chance at winning at 0 percent. I'll bet my life on this game if I could because it will be a easy win for us. A blow out IMO.

And for people who go use the regular season games are meaningless excuse, get real. Sure, if a contender loses to some random team, then year, it might be meaningless. But you have to be pretty damn naive if you don't think contenders give it their all when facing a rival contender. There's a reason people say those games have a playoff atmosphere, because they MATTER to those teams.

SteBO
04-13-2011, 05:15 PM
That's funny seeing as you already betted your life once before that the Bulls would lose to the Heat this season. :rolleyes:

And for people who go use the regular season games are meaningless excuse, get real. Sure, if a contender loses to some random team, then year, it might be meaningless. But you have to be pretty damn naive if you don't think contenders give it their all when facing a rival contender. There's a reason people say those games have a playoff atmosphere, because they MATTER to those teams.
That isn't the point. The point is no matter what the W-L record is against a certain team, a playoff series between the two, especially two good(elite) teams, throws all that out the window. It isn't a matter of trying to get the win, who doesn't want to win? :shrug: But a MIA-CHI ECF, despite the Bulls being 3-0 against us this year, is a toss-up and I'm sure you know that. That's why the regular season is meaningless in the grand scheme of things, other than HCA.

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2011, 05:20 PM
There's a reason people say those games have a playoff atmosphere, because they MATTER to those teams.

"Playoff atmosphere" is a cheap substitute for the actual atmosphere you'll encounter in the playoffs. And you know why? Because the playoffs matter. There is pressure to win--if you lose, you're sent packing. What happened after Chicago defeated Miami three times by a total of 8 points during the regular season? Miami got eliminated? The only thing possibly riding on those games was the #1 seed in the East. Well, you've got that one now, congrats. I hope your #1 seed is an adequate substitute for that championship trophy your team will fail to win this year.

kozelkid
04-13-2011, 05:21 PM
That isn't the point. The point is no matter what the W-L record is against a certain team, a playoff series between the two, especially two good(elite) teams, throws all that out the window. It isn't a matter of trying to get the win, who doesn't want to win? :shrug: But a MIA-CHI ECF, despite the Bulls being 3-0 against us this year, is a toss-up and I'm sure you know that. That's why the regular season is meaningless in the grand scheme of things, other than HCA.

Of course it's a toss up. The incredibly small margin of victory should be an indicator of that. My point is that anyone who tries the whole excuse that Miami or Chicago weren't giving it their all are full of ****.

Redbull
04-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Bulls vs Pacers- Bulls in 4
Magic vs Hawks- Magic in 5
Heat vs 76ers- Heat in 6
Celtics vs Knicks- Celtics in 6

Bulls vs Magic- Bulls in 6
Heat vs Celtics- Celtics in 6

Bulls vs Celtics- Bulls in 7

kozelkid
04-13-2011, 05:22 PM
"Playoff atmosphere" is a cheap substitute for the actual atmosphere you'll encounter in the playoffs. And you know why? Because the playoffs matter. There is pressure to win--if you lose, you're sent packing. What happened after Chicago defeated Miami three times by a total of 8 points during the regular season? Miami got eliminated? The only thing possibly riding on those games was the #1 seed in the East. Well, you've got that one now, congrats. I hope your #1 seed is an adequate substitute for that championship trophy your team will fail to win this year.

It doesn't matter. Point is, a team will give it their all. The incentive of bragging rights against a rival contender is just as big to players as not getting eliminated in the playoffs. Even if in the grand scheme of things, one regular season win is obviously not that important.

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Bulls vs Pacers- Bulls in 6
Heat vs 76ers- Heat in 5

Bulls vs Magic- Bulls in 7
Heat vs Celtics- Heat in 7

Bulls vs Celtics- Heat in 6

sammid21
04-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Glad you've seen the light! :clap:

lol, nice, i guess heat fans only hear what they want to hear. keep living in the dark buddy.

I was hoping to avoid the Heat in the playoffs, now just to shut people up (dnewguy, gotoHcarolina52, and many other dillusional heat fans) i want the Bulls to face the Heat. So now i am rooting for you Miami to meet the Bulls in the ECF, Go heat, then after the ECF, take your talents back to south beach and watch the Bulls win the title

SteBO
04-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Of course it's a toss up. The incredibly small margin of victory should be an indicator of that. My point is that anyone who tries the whole excuse that Miami or Chicago weren't giving it their all are full of ****.
Ah, got ya. And yes, those who say both MIA or CHI weren't playing hard are wrong. The aim of sports is to win, not lose, so I don't know how anyone can say that.

J_M_B
04-13-2011, 05:30 PM
1 Bulls (4-1)
8 Pacers

4 Magic (4-1)
5 Hawks

3 Celtics
6 Knicks (4-3)

2 Heat (4-2)
7 Sixers
_______

1 Bulls (4-2)
4 Magic

2 Heat (4-2)
6 Knicks
_______

1 Bulls (4-3)
2 Heat

kozelkid
04-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Ah, got ya. And yes, those who say both MIA or CHI weren't playing hard are wrong. The aim of sports is to win, not lose, so I don't know how anyone can say that.

I mean that's not to say that in the dog days of the NBA season, when Heat lose to a team like the Clippers or Pacers or Bulls lose to Raptors or Nets, they might not have been giving it all. Since often times, good teams and players look ahead of the vast inferior competition. But certainly not against another big time team.

CareFREEliving
04-13-2011, 05:32 PM
whens the last time a guard won MVP and then went on to win the finals....hmm

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2011, 05:41 PM
I was hoping to avoid the Heat in the playoffs

u was scured?

MiamiWadeCounty
04-13-2011, 05:46 PM
1st round

1 Bulls vs 8 Pacers - Bulls (4)

2 Heat vs 7 Sixers - Heat (4)

3 Celtics vs 6 Knicks - Celtics (6)

4 Magic vs 5 Hawks - Magic (6)

Round 2

1 Bulls vs 4 Magic - Bulls (6)

2 Heat vs 3 Celtics - Heat (7)

East Finals

1 Bulls vs 2 Heat - Heat (7) - could go either way though

MiamiWadeCounty
04-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Heat vs 76ers- Heat in 5

I suppose you meant Bulls vs. Heat in ECF?

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2011, 05:53 PM

No. Bulls will play Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals and the Heat will win in 6.

amos1er
04-13-2011, 05:55 PM
1st round
CHI over IND
MIA over PHI
NYK over BOS
ORL over ATL

2nd round
CHI over ORL
MIA over NYK

Title
CHI over MIA

Come on bro....NYK over Boston in the first round....Don't make me laugh. :facepalm:

You wish that NYK would take care of Boston for you.....IMO Boston is coming out of the east.

Here is mine:

CHI over IND five games
MIA over PHI five games
BOS over NYK five games
ORL over ATL six games

2nd Round

CHI over ORL six games
BOS over MIA six games

Easter Conference Finals

BOS over CHI six games

samevans7
04-13-2011, 05:57 PM
u know whats funny? out of the ECF predictions ive seen here where the Heat are winning, its all picked by... HEAT FANS. There are C's, and Knicks, and other NBA fans saying the Bulls will win, yet nobody says the Heat.

I wonder why?

cubswin25
04-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Round 1

1 Bulls vs 8 Pacers - Bulls in 4

2 Heat vs 7 Sixers - Heat in 5

3 Celtics vs 6 Knicks - Celtics in 6

4 Magic vs 5 Hawks - Magic in 6

Round 2

1 Bulls vs 4 Magic - Bulls in 6

2 Heat vs 3 Celtics - Celtics in 7

East Finals

1 Bulls vs 3 Celtics- Bulls in 6

East Champion:

Bulls

amos1er
04-13-2011, 06:03 PM

Come on man....The Heat won't overcome the Bulls or the Celtics.....both have owned them in the regular season. The Heat can't beat the elite teams in the NBA....much like all Lebron James lead teams...He pads his stats against the weak teams and fold against the strong teams because you can't win at the highest level of competition when your playing for stats. Luckily for Lebron, the east is loaded with weak teams in the east for him to pad his stats against. By playing in the east, he can pad his stats, and boast winning records to justify his MVP's. If he were in the west, The Heat would be lucky to win 50 games...same goes for when he was on the Cavs. Now you Heat fans will endure the curse of Lebron James...you will see all the stats and regular season wins (all against crap teams), yet you will never stack up to the elite teams, and therefore will never see a championship. I should say until Lebron stops playing for stats and starts playing for wins.

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2011, 06:04 PM
u know whats funny? out of the ECF predictions ive seen here where the Heat are winning, its all picked by... HEAT FANS. There are C's, and Knicks, and other NBA fans saying the Bulls will win, yet nobody says the Heat.

I wonder why?

Haters gonna . . .

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Come on man....The Heat won't overcome the Bulls or the Celtics.....both have owned them in the regular season. The Heat can't beat the elite teams in the NBA....much like all Lebron James lead teams...He pads his stats against the weak teams and fold against the strong teams because you can't win at the highest level of competition when your playing for stats. Luckily for Lebron, the east is loaded with weak teams in the east for him to pad his stats against. By playing in the east, he can pad his stats, and boast winning records to justify his MVP's. If he were in the west, The Heat would be lucky to win 50 games...same goes for when he was on the Cavs. Now you Heat fans will endure the curse of Lebron James...you will see all the stats and regular season wins (all against crap teams), yet you will never stack up to the elite teams, and therefore will never see a championship. I should say until Lebron stops playing for stats and starts playing for wins.

This is the very good informations. You here express the very good logics with clear style and deep anal sisy. I say you have convincing everybody here. :up:

cubswin25
04-13-2011, 06:09 PM
I wouldn't bet my life, but I also do think that the Bulls are frauds. In the playoffs when teams game plan aganist them Rose will be somewhat contained and the bench will dissappear in road playoff games They won't be able to score enough even though they have a great defense.

Magic vs Bulls would be a toss up, but since Bulls have home court they have the slight edge.

That's because you don't know enough about basketball or what it takes to win in the NBA. The Bulls have past every test and honestly have dominated the NBA since early December. They have serious gone 52-12 over there last 64 games, and the only games they lost were games they didn't show up in against bad or mediocre teams. There hasn't been one big game they haven't won since. So go ahead and keep thinking there will be this magic formal to shut down Rose and the team come playoff time. If you look at Rose, Noah, Deng and Boozer all of the guys have a history of playing better in the playoffs and there's no doubt in my mind that they will take it up a notch defensivly as well. Not to mention this team has home court advantage through out the playoffs with the best home record in the game.

amos1er
04-13-2011, 06:13 PM

I wonder why?

I know...I wish some of these Heat fans would put their money where their mouths are...I would make a killing. :D

I personally think the C's will come out of the east, but the Bulls have the next best chance IMO. The Heat just can't beat the elite teams, Lebron can't win against the best of the best....it has been proven year in and year out...I don't know why these fans act so **** like Lebron is this unbeatable force when history proves that he just isn't. :rolleyes:

Its also amazing to me how many Heat fans there are this year and how many of these so called Cavs fans have up and disappeared like a fart in the wind.

Jonathan2323
04-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Haters gonna . . .

Nobody wants to pick the HEAT because almost everyone hopes to see them fail. Most peoples 2nd favorite team is the team that plays the HEAT.

In the the back of their minds they know who the true favorite in the east really is.

goose14741
04-13-2011, 06:15 PM
If the Celtics play at their best they will sweep the knicks but if the celtics starters play like they have been the last month and the knicks starters play the way they have been the i'm taking the knicks in 6 or 7. It's a whole new ball game come playoff time.

samevans7
04-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Haters gonna . . .

nobody's hatin, you guys are just unrealistic

if the heat plays boston, how will they matchup? Shaq/Davis will eat up your center, KG>Bosh.

We've seen from the 07 ECF that there can be a score-off from Lebron and Pierce. Wade will score, but Ray is a solid defender. And you have no answer for Rondo at all. As good as Rondo is in the regular season, he is so much better in the playoffs. 19 times he has scored over 19 points in the playoffs.... in the last two years.

Heat dont stand a chance versus boston, or chicago

samevans7
04-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Nobody wants to pick the HEAT because almost everyone hopes to see them fail. Most peoples 2nd favorite team is the team that plays the HEAT.

In the the back of their minds they know who the true favorite in the east really is.

Boston and Chicago??

nobody is scared of Miami. If LeBron or Wade gets injured vs PHI, they are dead done. CHI can do better w/out Rose than Miami without Wade/LeBron

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2011, 06:20 PM
If the Celtics play at their best they will sweep the knicks but if the celtics starters play like they have been the last month and the knicks starters play the way they have been the i'm taking the knicks in 6 or 7. It's a whole new ball game come playoff time.

As much as I dislike all the Knickerbocker hype on here, even if the Celtics play their best, the Knicks will still pull out at least a game. Having Carmelo and Amr'e on the court against any team almost prevents you from being swept. You'll have to F it up pretty bad to get swept.

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Heat dont stand a chance versus boston, or chicago

If you're going to call Sunday's 23-point blowout a fluke, I'll gladly reciprocate when it comes to the two teams' previous regular season matchups.

Jonathan2323
04-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Boston and Chicago??

nobody is scared of Miami. If LeBron or Wade gets injured vs PHI, they are dead done. CHI can do better w/out Rose than Miami without Wade/LeBron

Anybody that loses their best player in the playoffs is done. Keep hating.

SteBO
04-13-2011, 06:27 PM
If he can take the putrid supporting cast he had to the NBA finals while padding his stats every year, then I'll take that in a heartbeat, and the "Heat can't beat elite teams" has to be the weakest way of arguing against LeBron, including this year. Didn't the the Heat beat the Lakers 96-80 in L.A., and 94-88 in Miami? Didn't they just demolish the Celtics 100-77? Wait,....didn't they blow out the Spurs 110-80 at home as well? Yeah, the Heat "can't" beat elite teams. Right.

I know...I wish some of these Heat fans would put their money where their mouths are...I would make a killing. :D

I personally think the C's will come out of the east, but the Bulls have the next best chance IMO. The Heat just can't beat the elite teams, Lebron can't win against the best of the best....it has been proven year in and year out...I don't know why these fans act so **** like Lebron is this unbeatable force when history proves that he just isn't. :rolleyes:

Its also amazing to me how many Heat fans there are this year and how many of these so called Cavs fans have up and disappeared like a fart in the wind.
I don't where you getting this info from, but nobody in this thread has even come close to saying LeBron is this "unstoppable force". He's the best player in the NBA and has helped stake MIA to a 58-24 record, good for 2nd in the East. I'm sure we're pretty satisfied with that considering this is year one, and the roller coaster season we've had. And regarding this overrused "Heat can't beat elite teams", well, I've already answered that.

amos1er
04-13-2011, 06:30 PM

LMAO...We do???? Why on earth would we think that the Heat would be any kind of favorite???

1. Lebron James lead teams always fold to the elite teams. This has been true throughout his career and is true this year again.

2. The Heat have losing records against the elite teams in the NBA...including The Bulls and The Celtics.

3. Most experts, and analysts, (other than John Hollinger of course) pick the Bulls or the Celtics to come out of the east. In fact, I don't know of anyone credible who picks the Heat to come out of the east....don't say Hollinger either, because I did say anyone "credible".

4. Vegas odds are against the heat as well...most odds makers pick The Lakers to win it all and give the next best odds to the Spurs, Celtics, or The Bulls.

Lets review now: The matchups don't favor you, The experts don't favor you, History shows a trend that is against you, and the "actual odds" are not on your side....Now I ask you why the **** would you say that in the back of our minds we know who the real favorites are? Now I must ask you...Are you on crack?

Jonathan2323
04-13-2011, 06:31 PM
LMAO...We do???? Why on earth would we think that the Heats would be any kind of favorite???

1. Lebron James lead teams always fold to the elite teams. This has been true throughout his career and is true this year again.

2. The Heat have losing records against the elite teams in the NBA...including The Bulls and The Celtics.

3. Most experts, and analysts, (other than John Hollinger of course) pick the Bulls or the Celtics to come out of the east. In fact, I don't know of anyone credible who picks the Heat to come out of the east....don't say Hollinger either, because I did say anyone "credible".

4. Vegas odds are against the heat as well...most odds makers pick The Lakers to win it all and give the next best odds to the Spurs, Celtics, or The Bulls.

Lets review now: The matchups don't favor you, The experts don't favor you, History shows a trend that is against you, and the "actual odds" are not on your side....Now I ask you why the **** would you say that in the back of our minds we know who the real favorites are? Now I must ask you...Are you on crack?

Sorry can't take anything you say seriously with that sig.

knicks=love
04-13-2011, 06:32 PM

before i start, i don't want any **** coming my way for being a knicks fan making this statement so get off my back before you even try..

that's the same case with the knicks-celtics series. knicks are 0-3 going into tonight, probably gonna lose tonight (no big deal), but it's still a toss up. knicks are a scary team. you can't say that they aren't and that they'll get swept in this round, or even next round if they make it there. the only team that's most likely to have that happen to them is the pacers (sorry to any pacers fan, but come on hahah, it's the bulls and they look good).

i'm just tired of the knicks getting no love on this site. enough with the **** to the team and hating them. they're a good team now (finally). i guess since you hate us, that means you're either jealous, or scared to play us. it's one of the two, so pick your poison .

LGH100
04-13-2011, 06:33 PM
The Heat defeated the Lakers 2x,dominated the Spurs in the rematch and just blew the Celtics out but yeah they can't beat elite teams. :rolleyes:

The Heat beat every good team in the league except two.(Bulls and Mavs)

And the Bulls don't "own" the Heat.The refs helped them that last game
in Miami.They barely beat the Heat in Chicago twice also.

SteBO
04-13-2011, 06:34 PM
before i start, i don't want any **** coming my way for being a knicks fan making this statement so get off my back before you even try..

that's the same case with the knicks-celtics series. knicks are 0-3 going into tonight, probably gonna lose tonight (no big deal), but it's still a toss up. knicks are a scary team. you can't say that they aren't and that they'll get swept in this round, or even next round if they make it there. the only team that's most likely to have that happen to them is the pacers (sorry to any pacers fan, but come on hahah, it's the bulls and they look good).

i'm just tired of the knicks getting no love on this site. enough with the **** to the team and hating them. they're a good team now (finally). i guess since you hate us, that means you're either jealous, or scared to play us. it's one of the two, so pick your poison .
:confused: I think the NY has a chance in that series as well. What are you talking about? History shows regular season has no barring on playoff results.

knicks=love
04-13-2011, 06:38 PM
:confused: I think the NY has a chance in that series as well. What are you talking about? History shows regular season has no barring on playoff results.

i'm just tired of hearing heat fans, most of the time and not you in this case (which i was actually surprised to see one comment on my post somewhat agreeing with me), that the knicks are gonna get swept, or they're not a good team.. blah blah blah. how can you not be a good team with melo, amar'e, and billups as teammates? you're obviously jealous or scared.

nothing against you my man. you're like the 2nd heat fan i've ever came across on this site that actually comes to reality. :clap:

SteBO
04-13-2011, 06:44 PM
LMAO...We do???? Why on earth would we think that the Heats would be any kind of favorite???

Where to start....

1) LeBron's numbers take a pretty fair leap from regular season to postseason. You might want to put some blame to Mike Brown, who didn't know how to run an offense, and the supporting cast, who didn't contribute when it was needed.

2) While you're right on the record against the elite in the league, let me ask you this. If this really mattered, what's the point of having the playoffs at all? Might as well hand the chip over to the Bulls since they have a great record against the elites, right? No. Don't you see how silly that sounds? If it doesn't, then I don't know what to tell you. That's why you play the games man.

3) Since when have analysts have been right all the time? Since when has vegas odds had an impact on final results? History is history and things can change. You can't deny this. Otherwise, again, I can't have a legit discussion with you if you can't accept this.

4) Asking if someone's on crack contributes nothing to the discussion. If anything it shows you don't have a real argument, and you feel you just need to revert to calling out other posters to hide that. That doesn't help you here.

SteBO
04-13-2011, 06:45 PM
i'm just tired of hearing heat fans, most of the time and not you in this case (which i was actually surprised to see one comment on my post somewhat agreeing with me), that the knicks are gonna get swept, or they're not a good team.. blah blah blah. how can you not be a good team with melo, amar'e, and billups as teammates? you're obviously jealous or scared.

nothing against you my man. you're like the 2nd heat fan i've ever came across on this site that actually comes to reality. :clap:
Yeah it sounds ridiculous. The Knicks are going to give the Celtics a tough time, and if BOS isn't careful we could very well see an NY-MIA series in the second round. :)

amos1er
04-13-2011, 06:50 PM
If he can take the putrid supporting cast he had to the NBA finals while padding his stats every year, then I'll take that in a heartbeat, and the "Heat can't beat elite teams" has to be the weakest way of arguing against LeBron, including this year. Didn't the the Heat beat the Lakers 96-80 in L.A., and 94-88 in Miami? Didn't they just demolish the Celtics 100-77? Wait,....didn't they blow out the Spurs 110-80 at home as well? Yeah, the Heat "can't" beat elite teams. Right.

I don't where you getting this info from, but nobody in this thread has even come close to saying LeBron is this "unstoppable force". He's the best player in the NBA and has helped stake MIA to a 58-24 record, good for 2nd in the East. I'm sure we're pretty satisfied with that considering this is year one, and the roller coaster season we've had. And regarding this overrused "Heat can't beat elite teams", well, I've already answered that.

Ok, let me re-phrase that...The Heat have a losing record against the elite teams; and its by a pretty good sized margin...Well duh...of course they can grab a win here and there, but overall their record is a losing one...and in the playoffs, a losing record sends you fishing. :facepalm:

Lebron hardly had what you call a putrid squad the last few years...he did lead that "putrid squad" to a better record than he currently lead the Heat to.

His team was not putrid, it wasn't the best supporting cast in the NBA, but is was hardly considered putrid. Now remember, he did have some all-star help...including Jamison, Williams, Illgauskas, and Shaq...His squad was actually pretty decent...not the best, but to say that they were terrible, would be a joke. The only other all-star Kobe had on his team when he won the title was Gasol, and before coming to the Lakers, Gasol was only an all-star once.

Lebron had a decent cast, stop making it seem like he was carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. Throughout Lebrons career, he has been able to crush the weak teams, but has struggled with the elite teams, This is mainly due to stat padding and selfishness. Lebron is not a winner and this is proven because he does not have any rings. He is not the best player in the NBA, because winning is considered a prerequisite and he cannot beat the best teams, so how do you consider him the best? All Lebron has is stats, and regular season wins and the blind allegiance of every Kobe hater in the world. His regular season wins are only a result of him playing in the weakest era of eastern conference in NBA history. He beats the weak and loses to the best. Not the mark of someone who so many nutthugers consider to be the best.

knicks=love
04-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Yeah it sounds ridiculous. The Knicks are going to give the Celtics a tough time, and if BOS isn't careful we could very well see an NY-MIA series in the second round. :)

i wanted it in the first round, but now i'm actually glad we have a better chance to get to the 2nd round. i just feel like the celtics are slipping and the heat are playing their best basketball right now.

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2011, 06:56 PM
. . . We . . . on crack?

Yes you is.

MiamiWadeCounty
04-13-2011, 06:58 PM

Did you read his post? He said that the Heat would beat the Celtics in ECSF, but then put the Celtics in the finals. I wasn't saying he should put the Heat past the Celtics, but rather he had the Heat winning in the 2nd round against the Celtics, so how could the Celtics make it to the ECF?

Heat vs 76ers- Heat in 5

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2011, 07:02 PM
The Heat have a losing record against the elite teams; and its by a pretty good sized margin.

Since March 1st, the Heat are 3-2 against the top 5 teams in the league (including a 30pt thrashing of San Antonio and a 23pt blowout of Boston, and a 1 point loss to the Bulls). During this stretch, the Heat has amassed a +28 point differential against the Top 5 teams in the LEAGUE.

3 and 2 with a diff of +28. That's a WINNING record.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

MiamiWadeCounty
04-13-2011, 07:03 PM

I agree with you about the Knicks being a real threat. I think they could very well upset the Celtics and maybe the Heat if both teams meet up. I didn't want anything to do with the Knicks in the playoffs. When you have two superstars and another all-star they could turn it on at any point and become deadly. Amare or Melo could drop 40 one night and take over a game. That is why I was very happy when I saw that we were playing the Sixers.

amos1er
04-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Where to start....

1) LeBron's numbers take a pretty fair leap from regular season to postseason. You might want to put some blame to Mike Brown, who didn't know how to run an offense, and the supporting cast, who didn't contribute when it was needed.

2) While you're right on the record against the elite in the league, let me ask you this. If this really mattered, what's the point of having the playoffs at all? Might as well hand the chip over to the Bulls since they have a great record against the elites, right? No. Don't you see how silly that sounds? If it doesn't, then I don't know what to tell you. That's why you play the games man.

3) Since when have analysts have been right all the time? Since when has vegas odds had an impact on final results? History is history and things can change. You can't deny this. Otherwise, again, I can't have a legit discussion with you if you can't accept this.

4) Asking if someone's on crack contributes nothing to the discussion. If anything it shows you don't have a real argument, and you feel you just need to revert to calling out other posters to hide that. That doesn't help you here.

I'll answer you questions one at a time:

1) If Lebron was a good leader, his supporting cast wouldn't have had such a decline from the regular season to playoffs. If he was interested in winning, he would sacrifice his personal stats to win games. Stan Van Gundy said that Orlando's strategy for beating him in 2009 was to just let him do whatever he wanted and to just concentrate on the rest of the team. Van Gundy knew that as long as Lebron was allowed to put up big numbers, he would not focus on other key elements to the game...he was right and heavily favored Cavs lost. Lebron was exposed.

2) I know that anything can happen in the playoffs and thats why you play the games. Why don't you look at the other moronic poster that I was responding to and you will see why I responded that way I did. That particular poster stated that everyone secretly knew in the back of their minds that the Heat were the favorites to win it all. I simply corrected him and told him that the Heat weren't the favorites. That doesn't mean that they can't win it all, it just means that they are not the favorites....and I gave sufficient explanations to support why they are not the favorites.

3) Again, I'm not saying that odds makers are always right...I'm just responding to that poster who stated that the Heat were the favorites. I just explained to him that they weren't the favorites. I agree that they have a chance, they just aren't the favorites, and I think that any non-homer or non nutswinging Heat fan knows this. To say they are the favorites, is just plain wrong and that guy did not give any explanation as to why he felt they were the favorites. I gave my explanation as to why I felt they weren't the favorites....that doesn't mean that I am counting them out or saying not to play the games, it was just me responding to his foolish statement.

4) I only asked him if he was on crack because he was making such foolish and cocky claims with no evidence or explanation to prove his point. You're right though, I could have found a better way to degrade him that that.

cubswin25
04-13-2011, 07:06 PM
And the Bulls don't "own" the Heat.The refs helped them that last game
in Miami.They barely beat the Heat in Chicago twice also.

:facepalm: If the refs didn't give the Heat tons of calls before the end of the game the Bulls would have won by 10. So stop with those pitful bad excuses. The Bulls didn't own the Heat, but they out played them and beat them 3 times. The good teams win the close games and make the big plays late in the games. There's a reason why the Bulls are 3-0 vs the Heat and the Heat are 0-3 vs the Bulls. It's no bad luck, blaming the refs or any other excuse Heat fans want to come up with. The Bulls were just flat out better, and if the Heat want to beat the Bulls in the playoffs. They need to play better in those games or hope the Bulls play much worse. The Bulls are still deeper, better defensivly and rebound much better then the Heat. They also have a star the Heat won't be able stop defensivly in Rose. So sure the Heat could win that series, but any bias Heat fan saying they are the real favorite. Because of their two and half stars on paper, well just doesn't know a damn thing or doesn't watch the damn games.

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Did you read his post? He said that the Heat would beat the Celtics in ECSF, but then put the Celtics in the finals. I wasn't saying he should put the Heat past the Celtics, but rather he had the Heat winning in the 2nd round against the Celtics, so how could the Celtics make it to the ECF?

It was a typographical error. I have the Heat and Bulls in the ECF. My response to you (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17482173#post17482173) was blatantly sarcastic. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

Jonathan2323
04-13-2011, 07:11 PM
:facepalm: If the Refs didn't give the Heat tons of calls before the end of the game the Bulls would have won by 10. So stop with those pitful bad excuses. The Bulls didn't own the Heat, but they out played them and beat them 3 times. The good teams win the close games and make the big plays late in the games. There's a reason why the Bulls are 3-0 vs the Heat and the Heat are 0-3 vs the Bulls. It's no bad luck, blaming the refs or any other excuse Heat fans want to come up with. The Bulls were just flat out better, and if the Heat want to beat the Bulls in the playoffs. They need to play better in those games or hope the Bulls play much worse.

You can't say the Bulls were better 2 games were in Chicago where they are the best home team and LeBron didn't play the 1st game bosh didn't play the 4th Q, 2nd game Bosh was 1-18 both games came down to the last shot and the game in Miami the refs game you 4 ft's late to win by 1.

I have never hear HEAT players say we have to beat Chicago, its always Boston is the major hurdle.

SteBO
04-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Ok, let me re-phrase that...The Heat have a losing record against the elite teams; and its by a pretty good sized margin...Well duh...of course they can grab a win here and there, but overall their record is a losing one...and in the playoffs, a losing record sends you fishing. :facepalm:

Lebron hardly had what you call a putrid squad the last few years...he did lead that "putrid squad" to a better record than he currently lead the Heat to.

His team was not putrid, it wasn't the best supporting cast in the NBA, but is was hardly considered putrid. Now remember, he did have some all-star help...including Jamison, Williams, Illgauskas, and Shaq...His squad was actually pretty decent...not the best, but to say that they were terrible, would be a joke. The only other all-star Kobe had on his team when he won the title was Gasol, and before coming to the Lakers, Gasol was only an all-star once.

Lebron had a decent cast, stop making it seem like he was carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. Throughout Lebrons career, he has been able to crush the weak teams, but has struggled with the elite teams, This is mainly due to stat padding and selfishness. Lebron is not a winner and this is proven because he does not have any rings. He is not the best player in the NBA, because winning is considered a prerequisite and he cannot beat the best teams, so how do you consider him the best? All Lebron has is stats, and regular season wins and the blind allegiance of every Kobe hater in the world. His regular season wins are only a result of him playing in the weakest era of eastern conference in NBA history. He beats the weak and loses to the best. Not the mark of someone who so many nutthugers consider to be the best.
Boobie Gibson, Donyell Marshall, Sasha Pavlovic, Flip Murray, Anderson Varejao, Big Z. This supporting cast is not good at all.

So LeBron isn't a winner because he hasn't won a ring yet, but Rose is? I've had Roses' name engrained in my head for the past month because people drool over how much of a "winner" he is, how much of a leader he is, etc... According to your definition of the "best in the NBA", winnning is a prerequisite, therefore, Derrick Rose is the best player in the NBA, right? In the regular season, right? The regular season is all we've watched this year so far, so this has to be the case. But wait, has Rose been out of the first round yet? No. So how is Rose a winner, and LeBron isn't. He's been to the Finals and ECF and multiple occasions. Sorry, but even if you're going to include winning in factoring who's the best now, not in the past, then LeBron's still the best. Why?.......Here it is...

STATS
LeBron - 26.7 points, 7.5 rebounds, 7.0 assists, this on about 52% shooting this year.

Rose - 25.1 points, 4.1 rebounds, 7.8 assists(really improved playmaking skills this year), this on about 44% shooting.

WINNING
LeBron - went to the Finals, ECF 2X, though multiple 2nd round exits(bad supporting cast)

Rose - never been out of the first round. (This is just his third year in the league, so I'll cut him slack, but I'm trying to prove something here.)

As you can see, LeBron has Rose beat in both categories. LeBron is still the best player in the NBA to this day, and this shows it.

amos1er
04-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Since March 1st, the Heat are 3-2 against the top 5 teams in the league (including a 30pt thrashing of San Antonio and a 23pt blowout of Boston, and a 1 point loss to the Bulls). During this stretch, the Heat has amassed a +28 point differential against the Top 5 teams in the LEAGUE.

3 and 2 with a diff of +28. That's a WINNING record.

Lets not forget that the "thrashing" of the Spurs that you're referring to happened at the onset of injuries to Duncan and Ginobli. Also, the Spurs weren't really trying their best. They had the best record in the league locked up at that point, so they were not giving it their all. a 3-2 record is meaningless, overall they have a losing record and thats what counts. The + 28 diff came mostly at the expense of the Spurs blow out which was basically meaningless, much like the rest of the points you are making. Sorry, no matter how you stack the dice, they have a losing record to the elite teams overall, and a losing record to Chicago and Boston...both who are teams they will face and have to beat in order to come out of the east. And also what this thread is about. We are talking about Eastern teams here, not a depleted San Antonio team who they will in all likelyness not even face at all. They need to worry about Chicago and Boston....and thats what this thread was about in the first place....Bringing up San Antonio was irrelevant. They have losing records against the top teams in the east and thats a fact

cubswin25
04-13-2011, 07:18 PM
You can't say the Bulls were better 2 games were in Chicago where they are the best home team and LeBron didn't play the 1st game bosh didn't play the 4th Q, 2nd game Bosh was 1-18 both games came down to the last shot and the game in Miami the refs game you 4 ft's late to win by 1.

Umm yes I can? Again what's with the pitful excuses? If Lebron plays the first game, who says the Bulls don't play better defense? The Heat scored 96 points in the game, but with Lebron only scored 89 and 86. Teams have let downs when the stars don't play and that obviously happen here. Just like the game the Bulls had with the Magic last Sunday with Dwight not playing(Lakers/Spurs game last night is another example). Also stop with the Bosh excuses, he missed what the final four minutes? Not to mention where's the credit for the Bulls defense to forcing Bosh to go 1 for 18, In the next game? Bosh was going to have a bad game and didn't have a good shooting night. But a player like Bosh isn't going to struggle that bad unless a team is making him struggle. So a lot of those were tough shots that Bosh had to take. But again if you are gonna go down that route, I can find Bulls players who played badly in those gams as well. So it works both ways, and to actually be making these excuses is just flat out embarassing yourself. The last excuse is the worst yet, how many calls did Wade/Lebron get in that game, that were similar fouls?The Bulls beat the Heat, because they outplayed them and will again if both teams play the same way. You don't win 3 straight big games in the NBA like that on excuses, the Bulls won because they were BETTER on those days. I'm just flat out stunned that you guys would make these sorry excuses. Like saying well I believe my team will play better in the playoffs and that we could beat you in a 7 game series is one thing. But trying to say you only won these games because of this or that is just sad. What if the Heat lose three games in the playoffs like that, then what? What If the Bulls were 58-24 and the Heat were 62-20 and the Bulls went 0-3 against the Heat in the regular season. Then I came to you with this crap? You would laugh at me right?

knicks=love
04-13-2011, 07:22 PM
I agree with you about the Knicks being a real threat. I think they could very well upset the Celtics and maybe the Heat if both teams meet up. I didn't want anything to do with the Knicks in the playoffs. When you have two superstars and another all-star they could turn it on at any point and become deadly. Amare or Melo could drop 40 one night and take over a game. That is why I was very happy when I saw that we were playing the Sixers.

make that 3 heat fans.. :rock:

SteBO
04-13-2011, 07:23 PM
I'll answer you questions one at a time:

1) If Lebron was a good leader, his supporting cast wouldn't have had such a decline from the regular season to playoffs. If he was interested in winning, he would sacrifice his personal stats to win games. Stan Van Gundy said that Orlando's strategy for beating him in 2009 was to just let him do whatever he wanted and to just concentrate on the rest of the team. Van Gundy knew that as long as Lebron was allowed to put up big numbers, he would not focus on other key elements to the game...he was right and heavily favored Cavs lost. Lebron was exposed.

2) I know that anything can happen in the playoffs and thats why you play the games. Why don't you look at the other moronic poster that I was responding to and you will see why I responded that way I did. That particular poster stated that everyone secretly knew in the back of their minds that the Heat were the favorites to win it all. I simply corrected him and told him that the Heat weren't the favorites. That doesn't mean that they can't win it all, it just means that they are not the favorites....and I gave sufficient explanations to support why they are not the favorites.

3) Again, I'm not saying that odds makers are always right...I'm just responding to that poster who stated that the Heat were the favorites. I just explained to him that they weren't the favorites. I agree that they have a chance, they just aren't the favorites, and I think that any non-homer or non nutswinging Heat fan knows this. To say they are the favorites, is just plain wrong and that guy did not give any explanation as to why he felt they were the favorites. I gave my explanation as to why I felt they weren't the favorites....that doesn't mean that I am counting them out or saying not to play the games, it was just me responding to his foolish statement.

4) I only asked him if he was on crack because he was making such foolish and cocky claims with no evidence or explanation to prove his point. You're right though, I could have found a better way to degrade him that that.
1) Fair. That was SVG's strategy. I'm trying to find LeBron's stats in that 2009 ECF series, but Mo Williams, his supposed 2nd best player, didn't take advantage of the looks he was getting, which I'm pretty was about 13-14 shots per game if my memory serves me right.

2) The fact that the Bulls are #1 seed, gives them a reason to be favorites coming out of the east. However, as we all know from the last two years, seed doesn't matter, because all it takes is one home loss, and the series changes. It happened to the Cavs on every occasion in 2009 and 2010. But you can't really judge on who the better team truly is before the playoffs. I only hope the Heat-Bulls meet in the ECF, since I already know that BOS-NY is sorta inevitable, depending on how NY performs.

3) If the statement was that foolish, don't respond to it. It'll make you crazy, trust me ;)

4) Don't worry about it. I just though you could've handled that better.

amos1er
04-13-2011, 07:24 PM
Boobie Gibson, Donyell Marshall, Sasha Pavlovic, Flip Murray, Anderson Varejao, Big Z. This supporting cast is not good at all.

So LeBron isn't a winner because he hasn't won a ring yet, but Rose is? I've had Roses' name engrained in my head for the past month because people drool over how much of a "winner" he is, how much of a leader he is, etc... According to your definition of the "best in the NBA", winnning is a prerequisite, therefore, Derrick Rose is the best player in the NBA, right? In the regular season, right? The regular season is all we've watched this year so far, so this has to be the case. But wait, has Rose been out of the first round yet? No. So how is Rose a winner, and LeBron isn't. He's been to the Finals and ECF and multiple occasions. Sorry, but even if you're going to include winning in factoring who's the best now, not in the past, then LeBron's still the best. Why?.......Here it is...

STATS
LeBron - 26.7 points, 7.5 rebounds, 7.0 assists, this on about 52% shooting this year.

Rose - 25.1 points, 4.1 rebounds, 7.8 assists(really improved playmaking skills this year), this on about 44% shooting.

WINNING
LeBron - went to the Finals, ECF 2X, though multiple 2nd round exits(bad supporting cast)

Rose - never been out of the first round. (This is just his third year in the league, so I'll cut him slack, but I'm trying to prove something here.)

As you can see, LeBron has Rose beat in both categories. LeBron is still the best player in the NBA to this day, and this shows it.

Ok, I cant even argue with you, Lebron did not have as bad as a cast as you are making out...you are bringing up the B squad of the Cavs, yet you are not mentioning that he had Jamison, Shaq, Illgauskis, and Williams...all have made All-Star teams in the past and that year...Not to mention that he had West, who is a pretty decent player as well. Verejao also had the second best +/- in the NBA last year. (well, mainly due to the clout he carried with the refs because he was "on Lebrons team")

Lebron is not the best player in the NBA because he doesn't know how to win. To be considered the best, you must know how to win...All Lebron can do is boast stats and regular season wins against the weaker teams. You bring up his lame little stats like that is supposed to impress me or something. I already know that he has stellar stats and I am not impressed because they do not translate into wins against the NBA's elite.

SteBO
04-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Ok, I cant even argue with you, Lebron did not have as bad as a cast as you are making out...you are bringing up the B squad of the Cavs, yet you are not mentioning that he had Jamison, Shaq, Illgauskis, and Williams...all have made All-Star teams in the past and that year...Not to mention that he had West, who is a pretty decent player as well. Verejao also had the second best +/- in the NBA last year. (well, mainly due to the clout he carried with the refs because he was "on Lebrons team")

Lebron is not the best player in the NBA because he doesn't know how to win. To be considered the best, you must know how to win...All Lebron can do is boast stats and regular season wins against the weaker teams. You bring up his lame little stats like that is supposed to impress me or something. I already know that he has stellar stats and I am not impressed because they do not translate into wins against the NBA's elite.
I'm talking about that year, I'm talking about the cast that went to the Finals in '07. Mo Williams, Jamison, and old Shaq weren't on that Cavs team.

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2011, 07:28 PM
a 3-2 record is meaningless, overall they have a losing record and thats what counts.

Indeed, both records are meaningless. Can't have it both ways.

The + 28 diff came mostly at the expense of the Spurs blow out which was basically meaningless, much like the rest of the points you are making.

The San Antonio game carries zero weight into the differential. They beat us by 30, we beat them by 30. The net is zero. It's a wash.

That +28 statistic was built on beating Boston by 23, Los Angeles by 6, and losing to Chicago by 1.

KnicksorBust
04-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Normally I'd try and catch up on this thread but really don't have the time right now. I just have to say this is probably the most open Eastern Conference in years. You could make a case for a lot of teams making a deep run.

amos1er
04-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Indeed, both records are meaningless. Can't have it both ways.

The San Antonio game carries zero weight into the differential. They beat us by 30, we beat them by 30. The net is zero. It's a wash.

That +28 statistic was built on beating Boston by 23, Los Angeles by 6, and losing to Chicago by 1.

Again, your talking about meaningless things. This thread is about the "Eastern Brackets", you still have a losing record to Boston, who is not even trying at this point because they are confident they can beat u without home court advantage, and guess what, you still have a losing record to Boston when all is said and done. Overall that differential stuff is BS, it only matters if you win or lose. If you beat a crappy team by 50 and lose to an elite team by one, guess what, you still can't beat the elite teams, and you will have to beat the elite teams to come out of the east. You are 1-2 against The Celtics, and 0-3 against the Bulls....Thats what this thread is about and what you should be worried about.

amos1er
04-13-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm talking about that year, I'm talking about the cast that went to the Finals in '07. Mo Williams, Jamison, and old Shaq weren't on that Cavs team.

Well, lets revisit who he beat to get to those finals now shall we...

The Washington Wizards minus Gilbert Arenas and Antwan Jamison...Their two best players.

The New Jersey Nets minus their starting center and who's starters were plagued by injuries.

A depleted Detriot Pistons team, minus their starting center who imploded on themselves and were on the cusp of rebuilding.

I can say with confidence that was the easiest road to the finals in NBA history. Lets not forget what happened when he played a good team in the finals...He got swept.

theheatles
04-13-2011, 08:09 PM
i would say the heat are favored to win it all over the bulls...4 betting sites odds...3 pro heat 1 pro bulls

http://www.sportbet.com/lines/basketball_nba_championship_2010_2011
http://www.sportsbook.com/livesports/indexmember.php?sportsname=basketball
http://sports.bodog.com/sports-betting/basketball-futures.jsp
http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

amos1er
04-13-2011, 08:22 PM
i would say the heat are favored to win it all over the bulls...4 betting sites odds...3 pro heat 1 pro bulls

WOW...you bring up some backwater sites as your evidence....lol I will bring up the 0-3 record they have as my evidence.

FYI, if you knew anything about how odds are calculated, you would know that those odds are still not final yet and that they are based on how the betting is currently going, not on actual facts. Basically these odds are derived from homers like you who are willing to throw their money away on the propaganda that Nike, Gatorade and ESPN have shoved down your throats for the past seven years.

sargon21
04-13-2011, 08:23 PM
^ that's only because the public will be betting on the heat for their starpower, thus forcing the linesmakers to set the odds lower for them... betting 101... not true odds

amos1er
04-13-2011, 08:23 PM
^ that's only because the public will be betting on the heat for their starpower, thus forcing the linesmakers to set the odds lower for them... betting 101... not true odds

Exactly. :clap:

sargon21
04-13-2011, 08:25 PM
:hi5:

gotoHcarolina52
04-13-2011, 08:48 PM
your talking about meaningless things.

+

[QUOTE=amos1er;17483756You are 1-2 against The Celtics, and 0-3 against the Bulls[/QUOTE]

=

Irony

Your analsisy is underwhelming.

2-15's4-22's
04-14-2011, 12:47 AM
i mean i know the bulls are a great team but my god people act like they straight killed the heat they lost by a tip out 3 without lbj a missed rebound and a dumb *** play by wade i mean im not discrediting the way the bulls have played and beat the heat but lets not act as if the heat wasnt up by 9 twice an 5 by half time in those games when the heat was in their play good in the first half and play flat in the 3rd qtr faze they are both very talented teams, and this is the playoffs lets not act like we havent seen the shi.t that happens in the playoffs especially the way wade, lbj, and rose have played but to say the have no chance is dumb

Sofnr
04-14-2011, 01:12 AM
I havn't seen anybody saying the Heat have no chance. They have an excellent chance. I fully expect the Heat to make the conference finals and they have a very good chance of winning it. I think Bulls fans get annoyed that some Heat fans want to pretend the regular season meant nothing . The Bulls have been the best team in the league since the All Star Break. They have proven they are capable of beating anybody. They are certainly capable of losing. But i think its foolish to think this great defense is just going to go away. To get out of the East you are going to have to go to Chicago and beat them on their court. Easier said then done.

2-15's4-22's
04-14-2011, 01:25 AM
the only people on here that put the heat beating anybody other than the 76ers are heat fans thats basically saying they have no chance but i get what you mean when you say that people get annoyed when they say reg season means nothing so maybe thats why they talk so much stuff about the heat but everybody had to that these are 2 top teams in the east and playoff play is 100 % diff than regular season maybe thats what they are trying to say

knicks=love
04-14-2011, 10:00 AM
I don't get why people keep saying the regular season means nothing? I guess the heat knew they were gonna make the playoffs when they were 9-8. The regular season is important so enough with all the ******** answers saying it's not.

Shammyguy3
04-14-2011, 10:22 AM
lol i dont know why i even need to respond to this but....
I think the Magic have proven they can play when Dwights not available and play good (which is shooting the lights out). You act like its luck that we make shots. nope. sorry. not just luck.

Take Derrick Rose off the floor and the Bulls lose 40% of their scoring. 40%!!! he is responsible (assists and points) for 40% of the Bulls scoring.
Honestly, the Bulls without Rose are much much weaker than the Magic without Dwight.

That's my point. People were disregarding Rose weeks ago saying "he can't be MVP because he's not as valuable as Howard is to the Magic." So i agree with you.

haggis
04-14-2011, 10:28 AM

Those lines aren't official yet. 'Dems is sucker bets...

EDIT: AMOS and Sargon got it...

mikealike305
04-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Round 1
HEAT vs 76ers- HEAT in 4
Celtics vs NY- Celtics in 6
Orlando vs ATL- Orlando in 6
Round 2
Bulls vs Orlando- Bulls in 6
HEAT vs Celtics- HEAT in 7
ECF
HEAT vs Bulls-HEAT in 7
Finals
HEAT vs LA-HEAT in 6

SteBO
04-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Regular season does mean something and that's seedings and fighting for hca. Other than that, not much meaning to it once the playoffs hit.

flips333
04-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Round 1
HEAT vs 76ers- HEAT in 4
Celtics vs NY- Celtics in 6
Orlando vs ATL- Orlando in 6
Round 2
Bulls vs Orlando- Bulls in 6
HEAT vs Celtics- HEAT in 7
ECF
HEAT vs Bulls-HEAT in 7
Finals
HEAT vs LA-HEAT in 6

If the heat beat the bulls it will be in six... I don't see them winning a game seven on madison.

Sofnr
04-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Regular season does mean something and that's seedings and fighting for hca. Other than that, not much meaning to it once the playoffs hit.

I agree that the playoffs are a different monster and that the regular season doesn't matter anymore. But i think its silly to throw out the info you have gained from watching an 82 game season when trying to predict the postseason. From what i've seen this season Chicago has showed up and played their best games when facing their toughest challenges. I don't see that changing in the playoffs. We will see if that is enough.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-14-2011, 02:49 PM
look at my sig

theres how mine will end up ;)

DLeeicious
04-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Bulls over Pacers
76ers over Heat
Boston over New York
Magic over Atlanta

Bulls over Magic
Boston over 76ers

Bulls over Boston

godolphins
04-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Round 1
Chicago vs. Indiana: Chicago
Heat vs. Sixers: Heat
Celtics vs Knicks: Celtics
Orlando vs. Hawks: Orlando

Round 2
Miami vs Boston: Boston
Chicago vs Orlando: Orlando

Round 3:
Orlando vs Boston: Boston

ne3xchamps
04-15-2011, 10:44 AM

:laugh2: