PDA

View Full Version : The Timberwolves @ The Draft

JAHRONMON
04-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Seriously they got Rubio and failed
then drafted Johnny Flynn was dumb two point guards, really?
but they didn't really pass up on anyone significant and Rubio stayed in spain. so they were saved from that. Then last year they drafted Wesley Johnson which was a good fit, and back in 2008 they drafted Mayo AND AT THE TIME that was good then they traded for love and again AT THE TIME this was dumb because he came of the bench... but that worked out for them this year anways. Wolves to me are not good in the draft and get lucky a lot of times. but my question would be.

Would the Wolves be dumb enough to draft Kyrie Irving.
(they have Flynn, who is good enough to start for them and they send him to the D-Leauge and i feel they dont use him to his full potential)

If your answer is no,

Would they pull a Detroit (Milliic) and draft Enes Katner.
(Which yes they need a Center because Millic is.....well hes Darko Millic)

You got to love David Kahn

Crackadalic
04-11-2011, 06:32 PM
This is gonna go well.....

They have a lot of options. If they draft Irving what do they do with rubio and flynn? If they Draft Derrick Williams what do that do with Beasley? there both tweeners

SteveNash
04-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Kahn is just an idiot. They draft Rubio and Flynn at 5 & 6. When they could have had Curry, Jennings, Holiday, Lawson (who they drafted then traded), Collison, or Beaubois all vastly superior to Rubio and Flynn. I think Kanter might be too good of a pick for Kahn. He'll probably take Jimmer Fredette.

JAHRONMON
04-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Exactly i mean their past moves have made them skrewed for this draft, blame their scouts for this. This is why i think they will be dumb enough to take Enes Katner high in the draft.

i hope the get S H I T on in the lottery and get a high pick so they dont do anything stupid.

topdog
04-11-2011, 06:50 PM
So this is kind of a bashing thread but I'll set you straight anyway.

1. Learn the difference between the decade of McHale and the 2 year of Kahn: the Love deal was one of the few good McHale moves because Mayo seemed to have some issues, but moreso because it got rid of such horrendous contracts as the Jaric deal

2. The fact that Kahn got the 5th pick is something that is majorly underappreciated. Kahn wanted Rubio and he went out and got him for nearly nothing.

3. Flynn wasn't the greatest pick but there wasn't much of difference between picks 6-20 in that draft.

4. Flynn (though injured) has not performed very well. He is not a surefire starter.

5. You pick the best available, not necessarily based on need (right Portland?). Now, I don't see Irving alone at the top and prefer Barnes/Williams but let's chill with the Wolves bashing. Thanks.

8kobe24
04-11-2011, 06:52 PM
This thread is stupid, as are you. 100 posts to create a thread should be implemented, maybe even 500.

I hope you are not guilty of your own statement:D

They should draft Kemba Walker!

PurpleJesus
04-11-2011, 06:54 PM
williams, barnes or irving in the draft...wolves need an impact player, no matter what the position is, and this draft is short on impact players.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-11-2011, 06:56 PM
a.) What impression did I give you that I believed Michael Beasley could be very successful in the NBA with the Timeberwolves? my picture? I have that picture because I like Beasley as a person, I think he's funny.

b.) Maybe other posters such as myself will take you more seriously if you could spell players names and basic words correctly.
And the fact that it is spelled on the same jersey he had just looked at in your sig.

Kashmir13579
04-11-2011, 06:57 PM
are you serious?

PurpleJesus
04-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Seriously they got Rubio and failed
then drafted Johnny Flynn was dumb two point guards, really?
but they didn't really pass up on anyone significant and Rubio stayed in spain. so they were saved from that. Then last year they drafted Wesley Johnson which was a good fit, and back in 2008 they drafted Mayo AND AT THE TIME that was good then they traded for love and again AT THE TIME this was dumb because he came of the bench... but that worked out for them this year anways. Wolves to me are not good in the draft and get lucky a lot of times. but my question would be.

Would the Wolves be dumb enough to draft Kyrie Irving.
(they have Flynn, who is good enough to start for them and they send him to the D-Leauge and i feel they dont use him to his full potential)

If your answer is no,

Would they pull a Detroit (Milliic) and draft Enes Katner.
(Which yes they need a Center because Millic is.....well hes Darko Millic)

You got to love David Kahn

I know you keep editing your original post to look less stupid, but every time I read it, I think you are more stupid. First off, you claim that Flynn is good enough to start for the Wolves...which is very clearly not correct...second off, you bash the wolves for sending him to the D-League, when they sent him there right after he came back from his injury...it was a rehab stint. Then you wonder if the wolves would be dumb enough to draft a top 3 prospect? If they passed on Kyrie when nothing else was available, that would be stupid.

Sixerlover
04-11-2011, 07:02 PM
People are overhyping Kyrie Irving so much. Your going to be very disappointed in his performance in the NBA.

HT9Canada
04-11-2011, 07:03 PM
At the time I laughed at the whole draft with Minnesota as well. But when you look back, they haven't done a bad job.

Starting around 2007- Selected Corey Brewer. 7th overall. Could have had Joakim Noah. Noah had alot of question marks and the overall draft wasn't that good so they took a risk with Brewer and he really hasn't panned out.

2008- Kevin Love. Say lucky or whatever you want but he's a stud. picked 5th traded to them at 3. rather have him than Mayo.

2009- Picked up the 2 PG's. obviously a shockey but Flynn showed alot his first year and we haven't seen Rubio but he is supposed to be a stud. Behind them there was alot of PG's to chose from and they picked the 2 they want. Missed out on Derozan, Curry, Lawson and Collison but they obviously knew the guards they wanted. Remember too, these were the 5th and 6th picks. Usually after the top 3 or so your drafting on potential and such so they arent bad picks. Just the same position.

2010 - Wesley Johnson. Good player so far. We will see how he grows but looks like a good pick.

So you look back and they filled every position other than a center and most teams dont have a stud center yet. If these guys all continue to grow together we could say they did draft well.

Add in Milicic and Beasley and if everyone continues to grow, Kahn hasn't done that bad of a job for never really getting a top 3 pick.

Ofcourse its easy to have a great draft when your picking top 5 every year like the Thunder did for a bit but the Wolves haven't done a bad job at all.

PurpleJesus
04-11-2011, 07:12 PM
kahn has had two drafts, and I think they both went OK.

2009, traded two bench scrubs in Mike Miller and Randy Foye to pick #5, which was ricky rubio...who despite what the media claims, has said he will be wearing a wolves uniform next season pending the lockout...also just want to throw out there that the Mn fans would have burned down the target center had the wolves drafted anyone else at that point...the questionable decision of this draft was not rubio, but was flynn...flynn had a mediocre rookie year, then followed it up with a terrible sophomore year...flynn was not the right pick there. Kahn should have drafted a SG to pair with Rubio...probably should have taken derozan there. Most wolves fans will agree that flynn was a dumb decision.

2010, kahn drafts wesley johnson. who knows how that will turn out in the future, but it looks OK right now. This year, Kahn also traded 2 2nd rounders for michael beasley...thats right, two measly 2nd round picks for the guy who was drafted #2 just two years ago. I don't know if you consider that setting the wolves up for failure in the draft if they decide to draft williams if he is available, but I find it to be a very acceptable gamble...seriously...2 2nd round picks for Beasley. Think about that. If the Wolves give up on Beasley, and draft williams to play that position, it was still worth 2 2nd round picks for that gamble.

JerseysFinest
04-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Lol at these Wolves bashing threads. Kahn is doing his thing there, accumulating young talent and building an up and coming squad. I wonder who they take this year, doubt it's Irving, maybe they can trade down and get a guy like Burks and have a pick in the teens as well? IDK, but for example moving forward with Rubio, Wes, Beas, Love, Montiejunas, Flynn, Randolph, and like Jordan Hamilton, and Milicic is the makings of a very talented young team.

allSUAVE
04-11-2011, 07:14 PM
trade Michael Beasley and flynn for Monte Ellis

allSUAVE
04-11-2011, 07:15 PM
People are overhyping Kyrie Irving so much. Your going to be very disappointed in his performance in the NBA.

I Disagree i like Irving, it's going to take time with him.

he's going to be a better louis williams

PurpleJesus
04-11-2011, 07:17 PM
trade Michael Beasley and flynn for Monte Ellis

I would love that so much, but I don't think GS would bite on that at all.

PurpleJesus
04-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Lol at these Wolves bashing threads. Kahn is doing his thing there, accumulating young talent and building an up and coming squad. I wonder who they take this year, doubt it's Irving, maybe they can trade down and get a guy like Burks and have a pick in the teens as well? IDK, but for example moving forward with Rubio, Wes, Beas, Love, Montiejunas, Flynn, Randolph, and like Jordan Hamilton, and Milicic is the makings of a very talented young team.

wolves have a teens pick already coming in from memphis...if the wolves traded down in the draft with their original pick, or just traded in general, I actually hope they wouldnt do it to acquire another pick. I would hope they would do it for a veteran. This team is in desperate need of veteran leadership.
You are right though, Kahn really is doing his thing here. He moves less talented pieces for more talented pieces. Examples are 2 2nd round picks for Beasley, Foye for Rubio, Corey Brewer for Randolph, Brian Cardianl for Darko...etc...etc...He just needs to find a way to sprinkle some veteran leadership in here now.

Sixerlover
04-11-2011, 07:22 PM
I Disagree i like Irving, it's going to take time with him.

he's going to be a better louis williams

Monta Ellis?

aussiepiston
04-11-2011, 07:22 PM
a.) What impression did I give you that I believed Michael Beasley could be very successful in the NBA with the Timeberwolves? my picture? I have that picture because I like Beasley as a person, I think he's funny.

b.) Maybe other posters such as myself will take you more seriously if you could spell players names and basic words correctly.

Don't be too hard on him. It's tough to spell a players name correctly when it is on the jersey in the Avatar he is trashing.

FlakeyFool
04-11-2011, 07:25 PM

Kinda like Evan Turner

ttam68
04-11-2011, 07:41 PM
You dont turn down Kyrie Irving because you have Flynn. Irving is probably a better prospect than Rubio at this point

Crackadalic
04-11-2011, 07:43 PM

He is overhype because he's that good. Before he got injured he was the best player in the country hands down. He can start on most teams right away because he plays the game right and gets his teammates involve unlike some pg's who jack shots all day

jim51990
04-11-2011, 07:50 PM
kantar is going to be very good if he stays healthy youve never seen him play if you dont think so
deff the 3rd best in the draft (irving, Williams ) also i dont get the love for barnes hes just going to be a nother deng solid player but nothing special