PDA

View Full Version : More Competitive Series? Boston vs New York or Miami vs New York

JordansBulls
04-11-2011, 03:26 PM
In round 1 in the Eastern Conference the Knicks will play for sure either Boston or Miami. Whatever the case, which match would be the better series?

MagicHero3
04-11-2011, 03:35 PM
I dont think NY has a very good chance against either of those teams, but Boston has been playing pretty bad as of late, and Miami is one of those teams that will dominate or be dominated yet they rarely come thru in clutch games.
Either Way, NY has its hands full for the first round!

TylerSL
04-11-2011, 03:37 PM
definately Miami vs. New York. Heat's big 3 vs. Knick's big 3. Knicks also match up better against us than Boston. I think Boston would win in 5 at best. I still say we win 4-2 because we are playing really well right now.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-11-2011, 04:02 PM
I can already Imagine the rating ESPN/ABC would get if Knicks-Heat played

gotoHcarolina52
04-11-2011, 04:04 PM
With the way Boston has been playing lately, a Celtics-Knicks series would be competitive. It could go 6 games or more.

A Heat-Knciks series would be off the charts. It would be the best first round series in the playoffs (at least the most hyped). The teams match up well against one another at their three main positions and the history of the rivalry between these two teams would add to the drama. That said, I think the Heat would take it in 6 games at most. They play much better defense and their scoring prowess is on par with NY.

Celtics-Knicks would entail more games (could go 7). But Heat-Knicks would be more exciting.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Knicks have been able to beat the Heat. I think that would be the more interesting. If it were the Celtics vs. Knicks every single game would end in the Knicks choking in the fourth like the two other games this year and ESPN would call it a "rivalry".

Crackadalic
04-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Knicks have been able to beat the Heat. I think that would be the more interesting. If it were the Celtics vs. Knicks every single game would end in the Knicks choking in the fourth like the two other games this year and ESPN would call it a "rivalry".

Well we could have choke against Philly and Indy last night yet we held or own and pulled out a win. Please don't used that excuse. Reason we choke last game was nobody knew what to do on offense and the game before Pierce had to make a game winner to beat us. If Shaq isnt playing don't expect this to be easy

NYK4L
04-11-2011, 04:11 PM
NY vs MIA.

knicksfan42
04-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Depends are the O'Neals playing? If yes than NY vs Miami, if no than NY vs Boston.

justinnum1
04-11-2011, 04:25 PM
miami ny for sure, to bad they will probably face the celtics because i think lbj would have avg a tripple dbl at the garden

NYK|NYY
04-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Not sure tbh, I find it hard to see us advancing against either opponent. BOS has experience/depth and MIA is firing on all cylinders right now.

CostanzaNumba0
04-11-2011, 04:26 PM
NY matches up well with miami, but imo when they play the celts they have the best player on the court which is big in the playoffs

xxcubs22xx
04-11-2011, 04:27 PM
NY and Miami, easily.

Khri
04-11-2011, 04:27 PM
NY has no chance against Miami, they got lucky as well against the Bulls.

gotoHcarolina52
04-11-2011, 04:29 PM
We can have both, you know. If the Knicks beat the Celtics in the first round and the Heat beat the Sixers, they would face each other in the second round. NY could also beat Miami in the first round and face Boston in the second.

It's not entirely outside the realm of possibility for the Knicks to face both of these teams during the playoffs. They would have to win their first round series, though, which would likely be tough for them to do.

knickerbockerny
04-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Knicks v Heat that simple! Sick of these Heat fans thinking their team is the real deal!!! Knicks in 7! Nothing else to say!!!

AddiX
04-11-2011, 04:33 PM
The only reason I rather play bos, is no one in the nba gets more calls than wade and bron in the playoffs. With that part aside, it doesn't matter who we play, the Celtic are chilling right now, theyll be fine come playoff time.

Big Zo
04-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Knicks v Heat that simple! Sick of these Heat fans thinking their team is the real deal!!! Knicks in 7! Nothing else to say!!!

Yes, the Knicks will achieve that playing their pretend defense. Ok...

Q_bully
04-11-2011, 04:40 PM
I love going for the underdogs because they have no pressure, Being a underdog plus having talent like that would scare the heat and Boston, I want a heat Knick playoff series that would be sweet .Never underestimate Melo and Mr.Big Shot #Justsaying! Team UnderDOGS

Da Knicks
04-11-2011, 04:43 PM
I love going for the underdogs because they have no pressure, Being a underdog plus having talent like that would scare the heat and Boston, I want a heat Knick playoff series that would be sweet .Never underestimate Melo and Mr.Big Shot #Justsaying! Team UnderDOGS

Thanks Q_bully, everyone underestimating the knicks will be in for the shocker!lol Melo and Stat could be a handful for any team they face. Me personally i want the celtics first!:D

Kashmir13579
04-11-2011, 04:46 PM
i firmly believe that the Knicks best shot is against Miami. we're not beating the Celtics and Paul freaking Pierce in a 7 game series. they have our number.

on the flip side i could see Miami-New York going to seven games. like many of you know, it all depends on how Carmelo and Toney Douglas shoot the ball. if we're gonna beat em, its gonna be with our offense and a handful key defensive stops. if the Knicks keep playing like they have been for the passed two weeks, a first round upset is not out of the question.

You already know Billups and Amar'e are gonna show up, Carmelo and Douglas' from behind the arc will be the deciding factor. can they keep this up is the question.

PLUS, we got 'Melo for the game winners. ;)

Kashmir13579
04-11-2011, 04:49 PM

i agree.

PAUL PIERCE :mad:

Hangtime
04-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Does anyone know if it is still possible for NY to move into the 5 spot? Do they have the tiebreaker with Atlanta?

MelanconMadness
04-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Based on this season? Knicks Heat is better for the Knicks. For the league, and ratings, your not going wrong either way. Either matchup will get far and away the highest ratings in the first round. No matter what I think the series will go to game 6 with the Knicks losing, but theres always a chance we can upset either. As KG says "Anything is possible"

As a knicks fan i'd rather the Heat because the Celtics are proven in the playoffs whereas the Heat havent played 1 game in the playoffs together yet

gotoHcarolina52
04-11-2011, 04:53 PM

That's right, baby. Them Knickerbockers gonna rape in the playoffs. They've got Amar'e and Carmelo (Stat and Melo, Stat and Melo!) the best two-man team since the Ambiguously Gay Duo. They've got big shot Chauncey at the point ready to snipe those mother bleepers from 3. They've got Landry "Second Round Sleepa" Fields whose gonna turn it up and make Dwyane Wade look like Keith Bogans. And they've got Jared "I'm Back For More" Jeffries ready to light it up with his 2.7 rebounds and 1.5 points per game on 32.1% shooting.

Knickerbockers going ALL THE WAY, baby. ALL THE WAY.

Knicky nation unite! Represent.

knicks=love
04-11-2011, 04:54 PM
i've wanted knicks-heat just because of recent playoff series (game 5 of the '99 playoffs was on last night. got me so pumped). i think they match up well with the heat just because of the two big 3's, but i voted for the celtics just because it would be easier for us right now. the heat look really good right now and it would be a tough series. celtics just look old and worn out and lost without perkins.

danniboi168
04-11-2011, 04:57 PM
being an underdog is great, but i really want heat vs knicks. The atmosphere will be great!

knicks=love
04-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Does anyone know if it is still possible for NY to move into the 5 spot? Do they have the tiebreaker with Atlanta?

as hard as it is, we'd have to win against the bulls and celtics (which would be ****ing awesome) :jumpy: and they'd have to lose to the heat tonight and bobcats on wednesday. then it would go to the season series between the two and it's 2-2. after that i'm pretty sure it's divison record? and if the knicks beat the celtics, then they'll be 11-5 and bobcats will be 9-7. but i'm not sure if that's the next tiebreaker. it probably won't happen, but one can always dream..

go into the playoffs on a 9 game winning streak. LEHHGOOOOOO

gotoHcarolina52
04-11-2011, 05:03 PM
as hard as it is, we'd have to win against the bulls and celtics (which would be ****ing awesome) :jumpy: and they'd have to lose to the heat tonight and bobcats on wednesday. then it would go to the season series between the two and it's 2-2. after that i'm pretty sure it's divison record? and if the knicks beat the celtics, then they'll be 11-5 and bobcats will be 9-7. but i'm not sure if that's the next tiebreaker. it probably won't happen, but one can always dream..

go into the playoffs on a 9 game winning streak. LEHHGOOOOOO

Hawks already clinched the 5th seed.

The Hawks could have clinched the No. 5 playoffs seed in the Eastern Conference with a victory. Instead, they had to wait until Philadelphia lost at Boston later Tuesday to lock them into the No. 5 seed.

The Hawks will face Orlando in the first round of the playoffs, with the Magic holding home-court advantage. The Hawks won two of three games against Orlando during the regular season, including an 85-82 victory Wednesday at Philips Arena.
ttp://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/hawks-lose-but-clinch-899855.html

SteBO
04-11-2011, 05:03 PM
BOS-NY is the better series. Everyone of those games this year were tightly contested, and the atmosphere would be just as intense as if it was MIA-NY(which is still possible btw). Both will be good in all honesty.

TO to the CHI
04-11-2011, 05:09 PM
I think either series would be very entertaining and competitive.

I actually think the Knicks have a very real chance at beating the Celtics if that series happens (I think the Knicks are coming on and I am not entirely convinced that the Celts will just turn it on again in the playoffs) and I think the Knicks would push the Heat at least to 6 games. I am very excited about either matchup though, as it will be a lot of fun to watch either way.

championships
04-11-2011, 05:17 PM
New York and Miami. Old Rivals renewed plus there was some pretty close regular season games against eachother. It would be interesting to see these two go at it in the playoffs

knicks=love
Hawks already clinched the 5th seed.

ttp://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/hawks-lose-but-clinch-899855.html

my bad. didn't know that, just over thought it hahah.

airronijordan
NY vs Mia would be the better matchup for NY, because a lot of NY fans live in Mia and if you've seen the 2 games that NY played in Miami this past season, you would realize that it was a pretty much a home game for NY

Melo and Lebron have epic battles when they go against each other (melo is 9-4 against lebron)

With all that being said, I still think Miami would win in 7 because the Knicks defense just isn't good enough to win a 7 game series against a contending team

Team*Chicago
04-11-2011, 05:24 PM
If the Knicks meet the heat in the playoffs then I'll temporarily become a partial Knicks fan in that series because I want miami a--es gone.

gotoHcarolina52
04-11-2011, 05:27 PM
If the Knicks meet the heat in the playoffs then I'll temporarily become a partial Knicks fan in that series because I want miami a--es gone.

:love: :cheer:

Stat&Meloallday
04-11-2011, 05:37 PM
As a knick fan a heat series would be ALOT of fun....but i think we have a better shot at beating BOSTON right now in a series.....we arguably would have the two most talented pplayers offensively on the court for 40+ mins every game.

Gibby23
04-11-2011, 05:43 PM
I think the Knicks have a better shot at beating Boston. The Celtics cant run and gun with the Knicks, but if Miami has to, they can and are better at it than the Knicks. You want to get Boston running in a 7 game series, if you do, they can be beat.

Dankster
04-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Knicks are better off against Boston. They've competed with them very well this year (although we are 0-3, 2 of them went down to the wire.) Especially this current roster in the Post-Perkins era, the Celts have lost a lot of their intimidation in the paint. I can't see Shaq playing a key role in the playoffs, he's way too fragile at this stage in his career. SO the advantage in the paint wouldn't be as enormous as it would've been before they traded away Kendrick.

We also match up decently with Miami, but I can't see us beating them in the 1st round. Wade and Lebron will prob average around 10 FT's per game in the playoffs, and they'll get the calls more often than not.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Why is everyone saying that the Knicks would fare off better against Boston? They have beaten Miami already and have choked against Boston.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-11-2011, 06:07 PM
either way, i think both would be very competitve

SteBO
04-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Why is everyone saying that the Knicks would fare off better against Boston? They have beaten Miami already and have choked against Boston.
I sure hope you aren't basing this off regular season play. BOS doesn't to run for an entire series. That plays into NY's hands, therefore BOS is the better matchup for NY.

Dankster
04-11-2011, 06:12 PM
^^ It's mainly because of how both teams are matched up right now and the momentum (or lack thereof) that's happening with them. Miami is firing on all cylinders and would be a tougher matchup.

If it was based on just beating teams in the regular season than the Knicks should've tanked the last few weeks to fall to the 8th seed and play the Bulls since we're 2-0 against them this year. But there are too many variables to factor in and right now Boston is more realistic to beat because they're just more vulnerable.

That being said, I still think we'd lose to boston in 6.

NYKnicksSon
04-11-2011, 06:14 PM
it's obvious that every1 wants to see us beat the heat

gotoHcarolina52

On average, those making such claims have given reasons for their beliefs. Do you take issue with their reasoning or do you simply dislike their conclusions?

flips333
If boston's recent struggles didn't exist i would say Heat in a heart beat... Cause I could see the heat getting suckered into an up and down game. But with as bad as bostons been.... no I still think the heat will be a more interesting matchup for the knicks.

Kashmir13579
04-11-2011, 06:16 PM
I sure hope you aren't basing this off regular season play. BOS doesn't to run for an entire series. That plays into NY's hands, therefore BOS is the better matchup for NY.

Every Knick fan alive would most likely disagree with you. most of us know we can't beat Boston. Miami on the other hand... now that series could go to 7 imo.

and btw what do we base this on if not the regular season? neither of us know how NY or MIA will react in the playoffs.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-11-2011, 06:18 PM

I'm not just basing it off by the regular season. NY can't just rely on their offense against the number one defensive team in the league.

gotoHcarolina52
04-11-2011, 06:18 PM
it's obvious that every1 wants to see us beat the heat

A Heat-Knicks series would be a vomit fest for most of those on PSD. Most people on here vehemently dislike both Miami and the Knicks, both because of The Decision/The Party/The Hype and the fact that New Yorkers laughably overrate their teams and think themselves the center of the universe.

Masturbatory self-praise doesn't sit well with most people.

Kashmir13579
04-11-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm not just basing it off by the regular season. NY can't just rely on their offense against the number one defensive team in the league.

Dude, i'm telling you, no Knick fan in their right mind thinks we have a better shot against Boston than we do with the Heat. its pick your poison and we have collectively chosen the Heat.

gotoHcarolina52
04-11-2011, 06:23 PM

Very true, but the we're not talking Knicks-Bulls, we're talking Knicks-Celtics, unless your measurement of "best defense" is based solely on points allowed and fails to account for opponent's FG%.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Very true, but the we're not talking Knicks-Bulls, we're talking Knicks-Celtics, unless your measurement of "best defense" is based solely on points allowed and fails to account for opponent's FG%.

The Knicks just go for points. Not FG%. My measurement is based on points and they also said it right before the Celtics Heat game yesterday as well when they said the Celtics have the best defense in the league.

smith&wesson
04-11-2011, 06:37 PM
new york would have a better chance at boston,

-they are older
-have signifigant injuries
-traded perkins
-havent been playing great latley at all.

i think new york has a better chance vs boston, so im gona go with boston being the more compatative series.

8kobe24
04-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Bring back the good ol New York vs. Miami rivarly! Though, I doubt we will see D'antoni grabbing bosh by the legs and be dragged across the floor. lol.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Bring back the good ol New York vs. Miami rivarly! Though, I doubt we will see D'antoni grabbing bosh by the legs and be dragged across the floor. lol.

I think it would be more like Spolestra doing that to Amare. I can picture it now lol.

SteBO
04-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Dude, i'm telling you, no Knick fan in their right mind thinks we have a better shot against Boston than we do with the Heat. its pick your poison and we have collectively chosen the Heat.
They've chosen MIA because they've beaten them once this year. (I say once because we've only played against each other once during the 'Melo-NY era) Also, a lot of your fanbase dislikes our fanbase so they just go on to say we're the better matchup for you guys, when in essence that isn't true, at least in my honest opinion. I respect your opinion a lot, and I'm sure you have logical reasons to why you think you match up better with us than with BOS, for you're one of the few good Knick posters. However, BOS does not want to run up and down the court with you guys, and they struggle against athleticism. MIA has shown they thrive in the open court game, and in fact do it better than NY. Trust me, BOS is the better matchup for you guys. Regular season wins and losses don't tell you anything in the grand scheme of things, regardless is it's all you have to go by.

save the knicks
04-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Both would go to 7

I wanna see Boston.

Melo is better than Pierce
Chuancy can do everything rondo does plus jump-shooting
KG cant hang with Amare

X factor is Allen but all the Knicks shooters probably cancel him out

Why did yall give up on perkins?

Boston is scared

justinnum1
04-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Both would go to 7

I wanna see Boston.

KG cant hang with Amare

No, they would win at most 2 game agasint miami, prob miami in 5.

nycericanguy
04-11-2011, 07:09 PM
BOS is old, at some point their window will close, maybe it can be this year. NY can outrun them and without Perkins they don't really have an interior presence that scares anyone.

MIA has too much firepower and theres no way Wade lets them lose in the 1st round.

Either way NY is not a typical #6 seed and they will give either team an early test. If this team had been together all season NY is probably a 50+ win team and a #4 seed.

save the knicks
04-11-2011, 07:10 PM
No, they would win at most 2 game agasint miami, prob miami in 5.

Miami is like a 7 game home stand.

Y'all actually going to show up this time?

save the knicks
04-11-2011, 07:11 PM
BOS is old, at some point their window will close, maybe it can be this year. NY can outrun them and without Perkins they don't really have an interior presence that scares anyone.

MIA has too much firepower and theres no way Wade lets them lose in the 1st round.

Either way NY is not a typical #6 seed and they will give either team an early test. If this team had been together all season NY is probably a 50+ win team and a #4 seed.

This is truth

What?
04-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Boston always has interesting first rounds I feel like Knicks Miami would be hyped early on but then would go at the most 6

JordansBulls
04-11-2011, 10:23 PM
This can be locked now as it will be Boston vs NY now. It is official.

jzero
04-12-2011, 01:38 AM

dont think ur in the position to insult teams
enjoy hca advantage in the 1st round

ellesmeire
04-12-2011, 01:46 AM
Boston vs NY cuz...wait for it...

NY IS GOIN TO BEAT BOSTON

mttwlsn16
04-12-2011, 01:57 AM
imo, NYK MIA would have been a VERY fun series. likely go 7 games...not to say the celts knicks cant go 7, but i see whoever wins, winning in 5/6 games. i hope i get to see a knicks heat 2nd round matchup.
i was hoping for it in the 1st rd, but now thats not a choice.
since my team is out im just hoping for a great playoffs, west and east
and hope for not another Celts Lakers final...tehyre getting boring watching the same 2 teams battle imo

WHODAT8o8
04-12-2011, 02:59 AM
Both would go to 7

I wanna see Boston.

KG cant hang with Amare

Why did yall give up on perkins?

Boston is scared

:facepalm: to the bolded part.
First off Chauncey is a lot better jump shooter than rondo, but no way in hell can he do whatever rondo does.
He isn't as well of a facilitator or defender as rondo.
Billups doesn't rebound as well and he most certainly doesn't have the speed or atheleticism of rondo.

The Smurf
04-12-2011, 05:52 AM
This thread is so f'in sick. Has a dumber poll existed? Even prior to the matchup being final, is there really any basis for discussion here or is JB once again jerking himself off mentally.

LakersIn5
04-12-2011, 06:56 AM
we'll see come playoff time

celtics vs. knicks in round 1
then
heat vs. knicks in round 2

lets see which series is more competitive...