PDA

View Full Version : Which Playoff team has the most pressure to get out of the 1st round?

29$JerZ
04-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Self explanatory.

You have the case for the Lakers being the champs for the last 2 years.
You have the case for the Heat to at least make it out when you have LeBron/Wade on the same team.
You have the case for the Celtics who may be running on its last legs.
You have the case for San Antonio who did real well in the regular season.
Mavericks are a recurring thing.
Chicago is the best team in the East right now.
Thunder finally have a legit C.
How many more years can Orlando keep Dwight if playoff succes doesn't equate to a championship?

kimchi'sworld
04-11-2011, 01:05 PM
I think the Spurs, Celtics and Mavs are definitely in win mode now, and the Heat and Thunder want to win it but they have more time. But the Lakers I think have the most since this is Phil Jackson's last year and they want to win it badly before he leaves.

Ray_R
04-11-2011, 01:05 PM
I was going to say Heat but im pretty sure Heat advance so I would go with the Mavs.

MagicHero3
04-11-2011, 01:06 PM
I feel like they are all under pressure, but speaking of the 1st round specifically, I would say the Bulls bc theyve been knocked out so soon so often the past couple of years, now they are leading the east as the #1 seed, so the pressure is mostly on them for the 1st round.

mikealike305
04-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Lakers followed very closly by the heat

Baller1
04-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Probably the Mavs; they need to remove their ****** playoff reputation.

ChitownSports16
04-11-2011, 01:12 PM
I say magic. I think the ATL is gonna take that one

SoxBearsBulls!
04-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Lakers
Spurs
Heat
Bulls

MagicHero3
04-11-2011, 01:14 PM
yes since playoffs history has shown the Hawks beating the Magic?

Bravo95
04-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Lakers, Heat or Bulls. But a Hawks win would damage Orlando's chances of keeping Dwight, long term.

Klivlend
04-11-2011, 01:33 PM
yes since playoffs history has shown the Hawks beating the Magic?

Ya man, I'm not sure why people are hating on the Magic. I really don't think the Hawks have a chance against the Magic.

FLMeth06
04-11-2011, 01:35 PM
Mavs and Heat.

Jonathan2323
04-11-2011, 01:36 PM
All of those teams should advance, but if I had to pick one it would be the Mavs.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Heat & Mavs

hawksd911
04-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Hawks been sucking.... and im a Hawks fan :/

gotoHcarolina52
04-11-2011, 01:41 PM
If the Miami Heat go down in the first round, it will be a s- storm. Friendships will be challenged. Coaches will be fired. Players will likely be traded. Heads will roll. PSD will erupt in synchronized, jubilant celebration.

The Miami Heat have the most pressure to make it past round one, bar none.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Heat

Pierzynski4Prez
04-11-2011, 01:56 PM
I feel like they are all under pressure, but speaking of the 1st round specifically, I would say the Bulls bc theyve been knocked out so soon so often the past couple of years, now they are leading the east as the #1 seed, so the pressure is mostly on them for the 1st round.

I don't think the pressure of the Bulls vs Indy is anywhere near the level as the pressure the Heat would be facing if they get the Knicks. But, you've been trying to Knock the Bulls as much as possible today, so I see why you would say that.

NYK4L
04-11-2011, 01:57 PM
The Heat of course...They better get past the 1st if they wanna get a jump start on those 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 championships they said they we're gonna get.. they put the pressure on themselves...talking all that smack will come back to haunt them...GO KNICKS!!

haggis
04-11-2011, 01:57 PM
The Heat.

haggis
04-11-2011, 01:58 PM
If the Miami Heat go down in the first round, it will be a s- storm. Friendships will be challenged. Coaches will be fired. Players will likely be traded. Heads will roll. PSD will erupt in synchronized, jubilant celebration.

The Miami Heat have the most pressure to make it past round one, bar none.

I agree with all of this.

Phenomenonsense
04-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Ha, Howard drops 80% FG for a series on the Hawks and now they feel "pressure" to beat them again this year?

Avenged
04-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Mavs and Heat.

Mavs because they're known to choke. They have a whole lot of talent so they should be able to make a deep playoff run..

The Heat because it's Lebron/Wade/Bosh on the same team, a team that was crowned paper champs in free agency.

Jonathan2323
04-11-2011, 02:03 PM
I don't think the HEAT will be challenged enough to feel pressure in the 1st round. The Mavericks will face a good team that could knock them off.

haggis
04-11-2011, 02:05 PM
I don't think the HEAT will be challenged enough to feel pressure in the 1st round. The Mavericks will face a good team that could knock them off.

I think that makes their case even stronger. They're not supposed to lose in the first round. They absolutely need to get out of the first round.

Slimsim
04-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Miami/Mavs

Slimsim
04-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Also orlando Then D12 would Surely Go to LA

marlinsfan24
04-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Celtics and Magic. (The Heat are an obvious choice.)

Celtics-Because Doc Rivers may not be back. Allen, KG, and Pierce are another year older. They need to prove the Green trade wasn't a mistake. They may have the toughest first round opponent.

Magic-Dwight Howard and the future.

mikealike305
04-11-2011, 02:29 PM
i think its LA here. 1st of all, they are the 2 time defending champs. can u imagine if they dont make it out of the 1st round? also didnt phil come back JUST to make a push for a 3 peat? so he comes back to win a ring in his last year and him and this team dont even make it out the 1st round? would be crazy. 2nd, what if they dont advance, but orlando does. i think thats going to hurt their chances of getting D12.

so for those reasons, i say LA, followed very closly bu the HEAT

210Don
04-11-2011, 02:31 PM
gotta be lakers. were talking about the playoffs now its not the oh we still have time no! can they turn it on? show us and prove it because you look good for a little but then look like crap.

Lim
04-11-2011, 02:35 PM

lol. u just want atl to win cause ur scared of the magic

kobebabe
04-11-2011, 02:38 PM

Really???

kobebabe
04-11-2011, 02:42 PM
I have to pick the heat: since they put this on themselves and are working on their 1st of 7 championships

danniboi168
04-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Lakers
Boston
Heat

JordansBulls
04-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Heat for sure, followed by Thunder, Bulls, Mavs.

Ray
04-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Orlando-If they dont win, there is a great chance dwight will leave.
Bulls-This may be a surprise, but as a bulls fan, this may be one of our best chances in winning(barring a trade to improve our roster). Miami will only get better in the future.

sep11ie
04-11-2011, 03:17 PM
All of them.

ClipperfanKevin
04-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Heat only because Lebron brought so much attention to them trying to sign.

ClipperfanKevin
04-11-2011, 03:24 PM
I have to pick the heat: since they put this on themselves and are working on their 1st of 7 championships

Jordan is obviously so much higher than Kobe in your sig... Kobe's picture is angled upward, with no rim in sight, while Jordan's picture is more level and you can see the net. Just stopping by to point that out. :)

PhillyFaninLA
04-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Other I choose other....oh wait another poll without an other option.

I choose the Lakers and the Heat....I can't really decide on just one so I take both. The Lakers because they are the champs, have Phil Jackson, and have been battle tested again and again. The Heat because the big 3 and imagine the media and fan response if they lose in the first round.

Young and Stupid
04-11-2011, 03:41 PM
I don't know, you tell me. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9BqUBYaHlM#t=3m30s)

championships
04-11-2011, 03:42 PM
I think it has to be the Heat since the big three promised all those ships and have all of those expectations they hold.

gotoHcarolina52
04-11-2011, 03:45 PM
I don't know, you tell me. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9BqUBYaHlM#t=3m36s)

Vol 2 coming soon

MagicHero3
04-11-2011, 03:45 PM
I don't think the pressure of the Bulls vs Indy is anywhere near the level as the pressure the Heat would be facing if they get the Knicks. But, you've been trying to Knock the Bulls as much as possible today, so I see why you would say that.

um in what way is them being under pressure "knocking on them"? That was a completely different thread about a different topic. If anything, what I said to them was a compliment bc they are the best in the East and possibly the League right now so the expectations are high. In this case, i wouldnt be knocking the bulls. your probably angry bc the points i made in the other forum made you feel...wrong. if not, than ur just hatin for no reason

championships
04-11-2011, 03:47 PM
I don't know, you tell me. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9BqUBYaHlM#t=3m30s)

Heat better get out of the first round after all of that. It would be hard to see the Heat faltering in the 1st though, That would be a fail of epic proportions.

Young and Stupid
04-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Vol 2 coming soon

I agree.

I think we'll see a Heat vs. Lakers final; I believe that the Heat will win in seven.

ECF: Magic vs. Heat
WCF: Lakers vs. Thunder

Missing56&33
04-11-2011, 03:49 PM
The Heat for sure and I know if they get matched up with the Knicks its going to be doubled the pressure to win. Its personal for Pat Riley when it comes to the Knicks.

Crackadalic
04-11-2011, 03:54 PM
the heat has the most pressure. They publicly said they are gonna win 6-7 championships. So they have to win won this season

Tarheels23
04-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Chicago... they are the #1 seed in the East, with the MVP, possibly the COY, home court. And they are playing the worst team in the entire playoffs.

If they lose.....

ChitownSports16
04-11-2011, 04:00 PM
lol. u just want atl to win cause ur scared of the magic

Nope, try again tho...

MagicHero3
04-11-2011, 04:08 PM
No use in trying to get this Chicago dude to swallow his pride. I mean, i wouldnt want to admit the failures in the first round of the playoffs that ive had the passed 4-5 seasons either. If my team lost in the first round that often, and then got a 60win season, Id get an unnecessary big head as well. The kid thinks the Hawks, who were swept by the magic AKA Dwight last year, will, not might, but will beat the magic. This kid obviously doesnt take anything but his opinion into account when hes posting

redwhitenblue
04-11-2011, 04:13 PM
No use in trying to get this Chicago dude to swallow his pride. I mean, i wouldnt want to admit the failures in the first round of the playoffs that ive had the passed 4-5 seasons either. If my team lost in the first round that often, and then got a 60win season, Id get an unnecessary big head as well. The kid thinks the Hawks, who were swept by the magic AKA Dwight last year, will, not might, but will beat the magic. This kid obviously doesnt take anything but his opinion into account when hes posting
We've been the bottom half most of the time. The 7 and 8 seed the last two seasons. First round exits in that spot are expected.

xxcubs22xx
04-11-2011, 04:28 PM
All of those teams should advance, but if I had to pick one it would be the Mavs.

This.

HeatBBall
04-11-2011, 04:43 PM
I say the Heat with the whole bball world wondering if they are capable to win it all this year.

ChitownSports16
04-11-2011, 04:47 PM

:clap: your a cute thing.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-11-2011, 04:50 PM
um in what way is them being under pressure "knocking on them"? That was a completely different thread about a different topic. If anything, what I said to them was a compliment bc they are the best in the East and possibly the League right now so the expectations are high. In this case, i wouldnt be knocking the bulls. your probably angry bc the points i made in the other forum made you feel...wrong. if not, than ur just hatin for no reason

Your points in the other thread contained no substance and lacked any sort of knowledge. Now you are trying to say the Bulls are the best in the heat, but in the other thread you were talking about how they stand no chance against the Magic. I would call that "knocking" them.

The amount of pressure on the Heat is nowhere close to the level of the Bulls, nowhere.

Lim
04-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Nope, try again tho...

well u should be

ChitownSports16
04-11-2011, 04:52 PM
well u should be

LMFAO And Why should I:confused::confused::confused:

Pierzynski4Prez
04-11-2011, 04:54 PM

I shouldn't have even read further in this thread. Your posts have 0 logic in them. Every one that I've seen.

In what way is the Bulls team the last 2 years the same or anywhere remotely close to this year? Who was our coach last year, do you remember? We lost to the #1 seed last year, were we supposed to win? The year prior, as a #7 seed, do you think anyone in Chicago was disappointed in the Boston series?

You want to talk about disappointment, how about making the finals 2 years ago, and then with the same team, not making it back the following year. Seems like last year was a disappointment for the Magic, and to only get the #4 seed this year, damn, even worse.

ChitownSports16
04-11-2011, 04:57 PM
I shouldn't have even read further in this thread. Your posts have 0 logic in them. Every one that I've seen.

In what way is the Bulls team the last 2 years the same or anywhere remotely close to this year? Who was our coach last year, do you remember? We lost to the #1 seed last year, were we supposed to win? The year prior, as a #7 seed, do you think anyone in Chicago was disappointed in the Boston series?

You want to talk about disappointment, how about making the finals 2 years ago, and then with the same team, not making it back the following year. Seems like last year was a disappointment for the Magic, and to only get the #4 seed this year, damn, even worse.

Why bother?

Lim
04-11-2011, 04:58 PM
LMFAO And Why should I:confused::confused::confused:

u seriously think playing the magic will be a walk in the park? i dunno what else to say then

ChitownSports16
04-11-2011, 04:59 PM
u seriously think playing the magic will be a walk in the park? i dunno what else to say then

Way to add words I never said... Good job pal.

Team*Chicago
04-11-2011, 05:00 PM

You still mad that the magic lost the Bulls yesterday, it's only a game and somebody had to win or lose.

I was wondering, how long does it take for you to get over your anger? Seriously, it's not an insult and I only insult heat fans.

Lim
04-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Way to add words I never said... Good job pal.

lol and u wonder why everyone hates bulls fans

ChitownSports16
04-11-2011, 05:04 PM
lol and u wonder why everyone hates bulls fans

So people hate Bulls fans because??? I said you added words I never said:confused: It's a joke right?

Team*Chicago
04-11-2011, 05:06 PM

These magic fans are still pissed off of yesterdays lost and they are taking it out on Rose and the Bulls by expressing their pissed off feelings on the NBA forum instead of their own forum.

SteBO
04-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Hate to admit it, but the Heat have the most pressure, and it isn't close. That being said, you could make an argument for CHI, since they have the soon-to-be MVP in Derrick Rose and they have the #1 seed. Add all that up, and there will be a lot of pressure for CHI to produce.

Fireworld
04-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Dallas for sure. Great team but any of the top 7 teams in the west can pull an upset against them.

ChitownSports16
04-11-2011, 05:10 PM
Hate to admit it, but the Heat have the most pressure, and it isn't close. That being said, you could make an argument for CHI, since they have the soon-to-be MVP in Derrick Rose and they have the #1 seed. Add all that up, and there will be a lot of pressure for CHI to produce.

Fair answer. I'll be honest, the only team I'm scared of in the East is the Heat.

Jonathan2323
04-11-2011, 05:11 PM

Chicago doesn't have pressure because they play a team with a below .500 record they should sweep them and If the HEAT play Philly they wouldn't feel pressure either. If you were talking about the 2nd round then I might agree with you. HEAT and Bulls are not losing in the 1st round.

Chi City23
04-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Magic, OKC and Bulls.

Magic cuz Dwight can become a free agent after next season. OKC cuz they need to prove they are heading in the right direction with their core and that the pieces do in fact work. And Bulls because they're #1 seed and have no excuses anymore about not making it out of the 1st round anymore

SteBO
04-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Chicago doesn't have pressure because they play a team with a below .500 record they should sweep them and If the HEAT play Philly they wouldn't feel pressure either. If you were talking about the 2nd round then I might agree with you. HEAT and Bulls are not losing in the 1st round.
I know that. But the thread title is asking which has the most pressure. Imagine how catastrophic it would be for both the Heat and Bulls to get bounced in the first round! Bulls and Heat fans would cry for real. I wouldn't more than likely, but I guarantee some would.

Jonathan2323
04-11-2011, 05:18 PM
To feel pressure you have feel like a team can possibly beat you.

gotoHcarolina52
04-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Derrick Rose is a wonderland. He's a magical unicorn.

Whenever you have a magical unicorn on your team, you better win. If not, you'll just end up looking goofy as hell.

8kobe24
04-11-2011, 06:45 PM
I choose Heat, then the Lakers. The Heat having the Big 3, they know it's win or bust. With the Lakers, they are pursuing that 3peat so there's a lot of pressure there as well.

Cubsfan365
04-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Derrick Rose is a wonderland. He's a magical unicorn.

Whenever you have a magical unicorn on your team, you better win. If not, you'll just end up looking goofy as hell.
Good one? It will very comical IMO if Miami doesn't make it out of the 1st round. It will also be funny if they only get the 3 seed.

Cubsfan365
04-11-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm really surprised the Mavs don't have more votes. Maybe people just expect them to lose in the 1st round now? :shrug:

TopsyTurvy
04-11-2011, 07:22 PM
My vote is for the Mavs.

I'm really surprised the Mavs don't have more votes. Maybe people just expect them to lose in the 1st round now? :shrug:

That's what I think as well - the Mavs have already been written off.

blastmasta26
04-11-2011, 10:04 PM
I think it's Miami, they just got a big 3 in the offseason plus a lot of hype. If they lost in the first round (unlikely), it would be worse than other teams' failures. The Lakers are coming off of back to back titles, they don't have to prove themselves. The Bulls and Celtics are also close in pressure, Chicago being the first seed and having a possible MVP in Rose, and Boston coming off of a Finals loss. The other teams have pressure, but not to the same extent.

marlinsfan24
04-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Has a team going for a 3-peat ever lost in the first round?

topdog
04-12-2011, 12:49 AM
No Hawks?

HEAT for sure though with all the hype.

what54!?
04-12-2011, 12:55 AM
the mavs....they gotta shed that label

the heat too

John Walls Era
04-12-2011, 01:57 AM
The first seeds, Heat and for obvious reasons the Mavs.