PDA

View Full Version : Miami V Boston

JasonJohnHorn
04-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Miami and Bost have th 3rd and 2nd seed almost lock down (though who know who will get which). Which means, when the playoff roll around, those two will likely face each other in the second round, should they take care of their first round opponents.

My question: If Miami loses to Boston in the second round, like Cleveland did last year, will LBJ's move to Miami look like a lateral move instead of a forward one?

jzero
04-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Miami and Bost have th 3rd and 2nd seed almost lock down (though who know who will get which). Which means, when the playoff roll around, those two will likely face each other in the second round, should they take care of their first round opponents.

My question: If Miami loses to Boston in the second round, like Cleveland did last year, will LBJ's move to Miami look like a lateral move instead of a forward one?

yeh you could argue it was a lateral move
but i would like to believe that, if he doesn't win a championship, lebrons move to miami at least prevents him from regressing just like the cavs have done

FadeAwayLikeMJ
04-11-2011, 09:29 AM
its still a forward move. with the Cavs, even making past Bos and Chi he wasnt going to win a Finals. not against a Spurs or LAL....

itd be CRAZY to say that the Heat wont win a championship in the next few years. its bound to happen... soon.

TO to the CHI
04-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Look, unless you are going to change the premise of this thread to Lebron getting eliminated in the second round for 5 or 6 years in a row, then the thread is a waste of time. No, it is not a lateral move. LeBron's cast in Cleveland was not going to be able to improve much in the next couple of year. This is the first year of the Heat experiment and if they get eliminated in the second round, you can bank on some substantive changes being made. I don't think the move can be deemed lateral with a one year view.

Similarly, if the Knicks get eliminated in the first round, I don't think that means they lost the Melo deal. Teams need time to gell and, as much as I don't want the Heat to win any titles, I understand that they can only be evaluated in the context of a much longer time period.

mikealike305
04-11-2011, 09:38 AM
It was still a forward move, for the reasons stated above. The heat will win a ring, if not this year, next year, it will happen. While he was a mamber of the cavs, i couldnt say that same thing about cleavland

AntiG
04-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Definitely a forward move. He went to a team that has enough talent to win the title annually for the next 5-10 years.

king4day
04-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Still a forward move. They aren't as cap struck as the Cavs made themselves (though this might not be the case after the new CBA).

Also, I wouldn't say NY or Phi are sure series wins either.
Extremely unlikely but it's possible.

Missing56&33
04-11-2011, 12:02 PM
I have to say a lateral move. Miami has potential to win a title but so does Boston and the Knicks in that case. I think if Lebron had stayed in Cleveland and played with the group they currently have now......that Cleveland team would be title contenders......Baron Davis , Hollins, Hickson, Lebron.........they have some nice talent on that team. Mo Williams was not a difference maker like Baron Davis.

Pierzynski4Prez
04-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Still a forward move. They aren't as cap struck as the Cavs made themselves (though this might not be the case after the new CBA).

Umm, big 3 making 43 million this year, 47.5 mil next year, 52 mil in 12-13 season, and 56.5 mil 13-14 season.

When you're trying to fill out a full roster, yes they are just as cap struck as the cavs were. Only difference is the players with heavy contracts are obviously much, much better than the ones in Cleveland. But the Heat are obviously going to be limited to the MLE as the only way to improve their team for years to come, just as the cavs were.

SoxBearsBulls!
04-11-2011, 12:40 PM
its still a forward move. with the Cavs, even making past Bos and Chi he wasnt going to win a Finals. not against a Spurs or LAL....

itd be CRAZY to say that the Heat wont win a championship in the next few years. its bound to happen... soon.

With Wade and LBJ (forget Bosh, overrated, I'd trade him for missing pieces), they can build a team that can win a title or two...this Bulls/Heat rivalry can get interesting the next few years.

SoxBearsBulls!
04-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Definitely a forward move. He went to a team that has enough talent to win the title annually for the next 5-10 years.
lol
When Wade is 39 and LBJ 36:facepalm:

Sly Guy
04-11-2011, 12:43 PM
I can't wait to see the hate in this series.

69centers
04-11-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm not worried about the homecourt with Miami, as the 2-2-1-1-1 series isn't very difficult to win for the road team.

MTar786
04-11-2011, 01:16 PM
wade has 3 great years left in him MAX. he's not the preserve ur body type player.. he wont have that explosiveness and drive by the time he's close to 33. n hes not much of a midrange player. wade will go downhill sort of like in an allen iverson way in 3 and a half years from now. (btw wade is my second fav NBA player)

lebron is 26 or 27? same goes for lebron.. i dont see him having the drive to the rim power and explosiveness by 32. unless he refines his game he'll either start getting nagging injuries or just get injured very badly.. but i see him still playing with greatness for a while. and with lebron its very hard to doubt.. he's a freak. his jumpshot is better than people think too. n i dont even like him. But i know for sure that his prime is from now till 30 if hes lucky.. the type of ball he plays isnt made for a 31-34 year old

now bosh... he will last very long.. cuz he's a jump shooter. but he's overrated anyway... still good though.

the heats championship window will last id say 6 years including this one.. and id call them favorites from next season which is the 11-12 season till the 13-14 season. after that i see possibly, chicago, new york, and OKC as potential favorites.. and LA always being somehwere in the mix even when kobe retires.. cuz hey,, its LA lol

justinnum1
04-11-2011, 01:22 PM
wade has 3 great years left in him MAX. he's not the preserve ur body type player.. he wont have that explosiveness and drive by the time he's close to 33. n hes not much of a midrange player. wade will go downhill sort of like in an allen iverson way in 3 and a half years from now. (btw wade is my second fav NBA player)

lebron is 26 or 27? same goes for lebron.. i dont see him having the drive to the rim power and explosiveness by 32. unless he refines his game he'll either start getting nagging injuries or just get injured very badly.. but i see him still playing with greatness for a while. and with lebron its very hard to doubt.. he's a freak. his jumpshot is better than people think too. n i dont even like him. But i know for sure that his prime is from now till 30 if hes lucky.. the type of ball he plays isnt made for a 31-34 year old

now bosh... he will last very long.. cuz he's a jump shooter. but he's overrated anyway... still good though.

the heats championship window will last id say 6 years including this one.. and id call them favorites from next season which is the 11-12 season till the 13-14 season. after that i see possibly, chicago, new york, and OKC as potential favorites.. and LA always being somehwere in the mix even when kobe retires.. cuz hey,, its LA lol

:facepalm: Can you tell me the correct lottery numbers for this weekend also?

Sly Guy
04-11-2011, 01:43 PM

I might have agreed with you until you put LBJ in the same mix. LBJ has too much size to be done early barring major injuries. The types of players who have a tough time with longevity are the little guys who throw themselves around like they're big guys.

akagiredsuns
04-11-2011, 02:00 PM

Are you high? :laugh2: You obviously have no idea what the contracts of Wade, LBJ, & Bosh are. They are making around $43 million this year, $47.5M next year, $52M in 2013, and almost $57M in 2014. There's gonna be a new CBA next year that could limit that could be hard for the Heat to be major players in FA. Might not even be an MLE. So how can you say they're not cap struck? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

marlinsfan24
04-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Are you high? :laugh2: You obviously have no idea what the contracts of Wade, LBJ, & Bosh are. They are making around $43 million this year, $47.5M next year, $52M in 2013, and almost $57M in 2014. There's gonna be a new CBA next year that could limit that could be hard for the Heat to be major players in FA. Might not even be an MLE. So how can you say they're not cap struck? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah but Miami isn't Cleveland in the fact that some veterans would actually like to play there alongside Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. We also have MM and Haslem locked up for a while. We hold Mario Chalmers bird rights and Joel Anthony's under contract as well. Dexter Pittman could emerge as potential player to watch for the Heat going forward.

The key for the Heat building championships isn't going to be about who they can attract to Miami though. It will be about the players they can draft. And don't give me the "but they don't have a first round pick bs" they just need solid role players and those can be found in the 2nd round.

ne3xchamps
04-11-2011, 02:38 PM
yeh you could argue it was a lateral move
but i would like to believe that, if he doesn't win a championship, lebrons move to miami at least prevents him from regressing just like the cavs have done

x2. It seems to me like cleveland didn't add enough pieces to put them over the top, hence the reason LBJ left cleveland. He def. didn't move laterally though. He made the right decision IMO.

SoxBearsBulls!
04-11-2011, 02:51 PM
I might have agreed with you until you put LBJ in the same mix. LBJ has too much size to be done early barring major injuries. The types of players who have a tough time with longevity are the little guys who throw themselves around like they're big guys.

LBJ will have a lot of wear and tear by 30 because he came into the NBA at 18...he will have to refine his game like MJ did.

BTW, MJ being the man and delivering championships well into his 30s is the exception, not the rule.How old was Magic/Bird/Dr J/Shaq when they won their last title as the go to guy?Don't say Shaq in 06 because we all know that was D Wade's team.The Heat with LBJ/Wade combo has a 4-5 max year window.

Also Kobe Bryant has lost some of his explosiveness and he's only 32, he doesn't attack the rim like he used to but he's got an awesome arsenal of moves and he can shoot the jumper.LBJ will have to do the same to be effective, he won't be able to bull rush the rim at 32 without throwing out his back, lol.

Gibby23
04-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Umm, big 3 making 43 million this year, 47.5 mil next year, 52 mil in 12-13 season, and 56.5 mil 13-14 season.

When you're trying to fill out a full roster, yes they are just as cap struck as the cavs were. Only difference is the players with heavy contracts are obviously much, much better than the ones in Cleveland. But the Heat are obviously going to be limited to the MLE as the only way to improve their team for years to come, just as the cavs were.

Umm, it is much eaiser to fill out a roster when you already have all the big names and superstars in place. Miami doesn't need to add another star player like Cleveland needed to and made stupid trades for Shaq and Jamison, they just need bit players that can be had at MLE or vet min.

Slimsim
04-11-2011, 03:09 PM

Not if NY or Chicago has anything to say about it

gotoHcarolina52
04-11-2011, 03:15 PM
People are hoping the Heat get old and/or injured soon. Haters clinging on to dear life.

You don't have any better, more convincing material, hater?

SteBO
04-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Goes both ways as well. It's no different from saying that CHI is bound to win it this year, or NY, or OKC. I could come back and say not if MIA or LAL have anything to say about it. Point being, noone knows what'll happen this year, next year, or the next... Just wait and see how things play out.

Big Zo
04-11-2011, 03:43 PM

Chicago "might" have something to say about it, but the Knicks won't be saying anything but: "congratulations on kicking our ***."

blastmasta26
04-11-2011, 09:50 PM
A forward move for LeBron. Even though the Heat has its issues, it's a more legitimate contender than the Cavs were. Besides, even if they don't win, it's only the first year of the Big 3 playing together and they haven't completely learned to complement each other yet. Miami is better now and has more potential to win a title than Cleveland ever did IMO.

jzero
04-12-2011, 01:35 AM
I have to say a lateral move. Miami has potential to win a title but so does Boston and the Knicks in that case. I think if Lebron had stayed in Cleveland and played with the group they currently have now......that Cleveland team would be title contenders......Baron Davis , Hollins, Hickson, Lebron.........they have some nice talent on that team. Mo Williams was not a difference maker like Baron Davis.

knicks arent championship contenders
be real