PDA

View Full Version : Is Chicago this years version of Cleveland?

Pages : [1] 2

acehole
04-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Sorry if the thread title is a little confusing..

But what I mean is that is this years Chicago team like the Cavs team of last year?

Cavs last year won 60 plus games and with today's win, Bulls have also reached the 60 win mark. Both teams are centered around a do-it-all superstar who has the ball in his hands 90% of the time. Both teams cruised through the regular season looking to make a big run in the playoffs.

Cavs were expected to have a deep playoff run last year but they were exposed by the deeper, more experienced celtics in the second round. Chicago has done an excellent job winning games this season and they are sitting top of the east. But I don't see them even making the conference finals.

Honestly I feel like despite beating the Celts and flat out owning Miami in the regular season, they wont make it past either of those teams in the playoffs. I know theres a ton of Bulls/rose homers on this board so I'm not making this thread to piss you guys off but just stating my opinion. I actually am a Rose fan and I love the way Chicago plays defense. But feel free to disagree..but I just think this years Bulls team has a lot of similar characteristics to last years Cavs team.

Once you got past Lebron, you really had no one on that Cavs team that could really create much for themselves. Shaq was old, Jamison showed flashes but nothing consistant. Same with Rose, without him the team is weak. Noah is waaaay overrated IMO. Boozer is a solid player but its not hard to put a body on him and slow him down. Deng doesn't scare anybody. This team will only go as far as Rose takes them, and you saw last year that even Lebron couldn't take his team very far.

Baller1
04-10-2011, 04:02 PM
In my opinion, Deng and Boozer are both better than anyone from last years Cavs team not named Lebron.

And they play incredible defense, while Cleveland's was just good.

mjt20mik
04-10-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm not sure if people are dubbing this years bulls team is expected to win the title.

KG2TB
04-10-2011, 04:03 PM
You're right. We will only go as far as Rose takes us...and I feel great about that.

effen5
04-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Bulls defense this year is one of the best defenses I've seen in a long time, while Cavs defense last year was okay/good.

Also, we don't have an idiot of a coach like Mike Brown.

And our role players have been very good this year.

So no, this Bulls team is better then last years Cavs team.

210Don
04-10-2011, 04:05 PM
yeah bulls support is better than cavs so they can go further but drose has to be superman which he can be

d00d
thread of the year

Baller1
Bulls defense this year is one of the best defenses I've seen in a long time, while Cavs defense last year was okay/good.

No they're not, they're just better equipped for a deep playoff run.

DaBear
04-10-2011, 04:06 PM
This years Bulls team has better defense, a better coach, and much better role players. The only thing better about the Cavs was LeBron, but the Bulls have everything else in their favor. I mean everything.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-10-2011, 04:07 PM
This team is nothing like the Cavs from last year. The supporting cast around Rose in the starting lineup is superior to what Lebron had and the bench is even better. And don't even get me started with the defense and Tom Thibodeau.

Furymaker
Cavs were offense 1st team , Bulls are defense 1st team ... Defense wins championships .

d00d
Is NY Knicks last years version of the NJ Nets?

effen5
04-10-2011, 04:08 PM

Wouldnt that make them a better team?

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-10-2011, 04:09 PM
And the most important thing, the Bulls superstar isn't gonna quit on his team because he's looking forward to free agency, which is exactly what the Cavs superstar did.

n83417
04-10-2011, 04:10 PM
No. Much different. Deng, Boozer and Noah are way better than anyone on Cleveland's supporting cast last year.

Also the coach matchup of Thibs/Brown is in Chicago's favor... Heavily

Also, Rose is a much better team player than LBJ.

Also, in Chicago you have a system and defense designed to highlight the strengths of the entire team, and Chicago has an entire team buying into the same system and playing as a team. They have great chemistry, coaching and play great team ball.

Cleveland never had any of that. They had LeBron James and a bunch of cast-offs and an Idiot coach.

Run&Gun
04-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Yeah I think it's tough to compare Bulls and Cleveland, not really the same team.
Bulls are a much more focused team, their players have a much more set player roles than cleveland had, they are not just random talented players on the same team, they have better chemistry. I think that no one expects them to win it all, especially because I'm not sure if their team is really set up to win 7 games series, but I think as a team they are better than cleveland ever was.

It's gonna come down to the X-factors on the bulls team, players like Deng, Korver and Gibson are gonna be the role players that will really push this team to win in a series.

LOOTERX9
04-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Yes they are cleveland. No real shot at title

acehole
04-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Is NY Knicks last years version of the NJ Nets?

Yes because we won 12 games this year..

:facepalm:

acehole
04-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Yes they are cleveland. No real shot at title

BINGO, thats my main point.

Despite owning the regular season, Bulls dont have a legit shot at a title.

SoxBearsBulls!
04-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Pretty stupid question IMO

effen5
04-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Yeah I think it's tough to compare Bulls and Cleveland, not really the same team.
Bulls are a much more focused team, their players have a much more set player roles than cleveland had, they are not just random talented players on the same team, they have better chemistry. I think that no one expects them to win it all, especially because I'm not sure if their team is really set up to win 7 games series, but I think as a team they are better than cleveland ever was.

It's gonna come down to the X-factors on the bulls team, players like Deng, Korver and Gibson are gonna be the role players that will really push this team to win in a series.

Talk about understatement bro.

I remember Lebron doing nothing but dancing last year with the rest of his teammates just goofing off and ****.

Bulls this year...Serious...and always focused.

d00d
04-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Yes because we won 12 games this year..

acehole is a good nick for you.

you have always been Chicagos ***** in basketball. and you always will be

I love those losers in your sig. man the Bulls butt ****ed starks and ewing

effen5
04-10-2011, 04:15 PM

How do you figure?

Because you compare two completely opposite teams?

Jesus some of you knicks fans man.

acehole
04-10-2011, 04:16 PM
acehole is a good nick for you.

you have always been Chicagos ***** in basketball. and you always will be

I love those losers in your sig. man the Bulls butt ****ed starks and ewing

yet you guys haven't beat us this year..

consider yourself lucky for not facing us in the first round.

Baller1
No. Much different. Deng, Boozer and Noah are way better than anyone on Cleveland's supporting cast last year.

Also the coach matchup of Thibs/Brown is in Chicago's favor... Heavily

Also, Rose is a much better team player than LBJ.

Also, in Chicago you have a system and defense designed to highlight the strengths of the entire team, and Chicago has an entire team buying into the same system and playing as a team. They have great chemistry, coaching and play great team ball.

Cleveland never had any of that. They had LeBron James and a bunch of cast-offs and an Idiot coach.

:laugh2: Jesus Christ...

phantasyyy
lol these bulls are nothing like the cavs team haha.. they are just too balanced in my opinion to be even considered like last years cavs lmao... it may not seem like it but take rose off that team and they still make playoffs in my opinion showing how much depth that team really does have.

d00d
04-10-2011, 04:17 PM
close the bait thread

SoxBearsBulls!
04-10-2011, 04:17 PM

Thatīs your opinion and opinions are like asssholes, everyone's got one.

One thing that isn't opinion is that the NY Knicks organiztion is going on 40 years of FAIL.

Lil Rhody
04-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Only if Delonte West meets D Rose's mom

ManRam
04-10-2011, 04:18 PM
I don't think so. I think they have a supporting cast around Rose that is way more consistent and reliable. They also actually have a competent head coach.

And you know what, we'll find out in a few months.

macc
04-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Chiacago will lose to Orlando in the 2nd round. Book it.

Ray
04-10-2011, 04:20 PM
anyone know what Cleveland's record was against the top teams last year?

killbumdeluxe13
04-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Your analysis is way off. The Cavs last year only had Lebron and some pieces but overall a weak supporting cast. The Bulls probably have the most well rounded roster other than the Spurs, so saying that the team is centered around a do it all player is incorrect. Noah,Boozer,Deng > than any 3 from the supporting cast of the Cavs. This Bulls team is really good, and if anything the supporting cast has been whats elevated Rose's MVP status. Everybody contributes in some way, whether it be Korvers 3 pt shooting, Brewers defense, or Asiks rebounding. So no, this Bulls team is not similar to last years Cavs, they're better.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Why are Knicks fans so pissed off at us? :laugh2: Is it because we're back to being one of the best teams in the NBA whereas their team is still stuck in mediocrity? Yesterday one of their trolls made a thread in the Bulls forum saying we'll regret not trading for Melo :laugh:

JayHunter
04-10-2011, 04:22 PM
The only difference is that nobody expected us to win 60 games (not even me). Cleveland team was predicted to go to the finals

metsfan99999
04-10-2011, 04:23 PM
The key in last year's series between the Cavs and the Celts was clearly Scalabrine's play for the Celts, now he's on the Bulls which makes them pretty much unstoppable...

No but seriously the Bulls are much deeper than the Cavs were and play better defense. I am not saying they are definitely going to make the finals, but I wouldn't bet against them.

MJ-BULLS
04-10-2011, 04:24 PM
The Bulls are not last years Cavs. We are a way better at defense, and derrick Rose is not lebron.

The team is constructed differently also.

acehole
This years Bulls team has better defense, a better coach, and much better role players.

Thibs > Mike Brown

& chicagos defense is impressive but lets take a look at the role players

Varejao (9pts 8 rebs) vs Noah (12 pts 11 rebs)
slightly better in the stats for Noah but they bring almost the same energy, hustle, rebounding and defense.

Jamison (19 pts 8.5 rebs) vs Booz ( 18 pts 9.5 rebs)
Boozer is more of a banger down low while Jamison can post up and also stretch the floor with his shooting, stats are pretty equal

Mo Williams (16 pts 6 asts) vs Deng (17 pts 6 rebs)
Mo was havin his best season last year, clutch shots and Deng is arguably havin his best year for the bulls this season

Now Cavs still had Shaq (12pts 7rebs), Hickson (8pts 5 rebs), Big Z, Anthony Parker, Boobie Gibson who was actually playing decent ball last season.

Bulls this year have Bogans, Brewer, Asik, Taj and I guess Korver.

Are the role players really THAT much better?

allSUAVE
Boston is just not the same anymore Smh .
And Im not even watching the game I know

n83417

Dude, I don't like Chicago at all. But I have seen James take plays off, give half assed efforts in games. And dominate the ball.

Rose is in every game to win. LeBron is in games to win only when it is convenient for his image. Not to mention how humble Rose is and team oriented. Not self-promoting like LBJ.

xbrackattackx
04-10-2011, 04:28 PM

I said the same thing dude, haha.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Chicago fans aren't going to like this thread.

LOOTERX9
04-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Just don't see an undersized Rose leading Bulls to a title. I just cant picture that happening. Those tweener type pg/sg don't lead teams all the way to titles over the top big men and wing players.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Chicago fans aren't going to like this thread.

We're immune to the haters now. We're at a point where we'll just let our team do the talking on the court and then have the last laugh :)

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Just don't see an undersized Rose leading Bulls to a title. I just cant picture that happening. Those tweener type pg/sg don't lead teams all the way to titles over the top big men and wing players.

And what if he does? Will you lose your manhood?

PurpleJesus28
04-10-2011, 04:38 PM
the only similarities i see between us and the cavs from last year is that we each have 1 superstar, #1 seed, and have 60+ wins. im pretty sure you can look throughout history and find plenty of teams that fit that build going into the playoffs.

Bulls bench >>> cavs bench
Thibs >>> Mike Brown
bulls role players >>> cavs role players
bulls defense >>> cavs defense

don't even get me started on the intangible difference b/t the two.

are the spurs like the cavs of last year too? they have 60+ wins and the #1 seed. you can look at any two teams and pull out similarities between the two to try and prove a point, you have to look at the WHOLE picture though.

i OBVIOUSLY don't think the Spurs are like the Cavs, just trying to make a point that many teams have things that are similar b/t the two, doesn't mean that they are going to perform like them though.

Knicks fans really do like running their mouth. worry bout your own team nubs.

SDBearsFan
04-10-2011, 04:39 PM
yet you guys haven't beat us this year..

consider yourself lucky for not facing us in the first round.

rofl. consider ourselves lucky? we've won 60 games this year with 2 to go, and you guys are what, four games over .500?

SDBearsFan
04-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Shoot, we've won 60 games this year and Noah and Boozer have missed a combined 57.

DamnGoat
04-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Bulls have a better bench (Brewer, Korver, Taj, Asik, Thomas), better 2nd & 3rd options (Boozer, Deng) and a much better coach than Cleveland had.

I've never really understood the Cavs comparison TBH.

SoxBearsBulls!
04-10-2011, 04:43 PM

Yeah because Wade at 6ī4 towers over Rose at 6ī3 and we all know Wade hasnīt ever led the Heat to a championship:facepalm:

Team*Chicago
04-10-2011, 04:45 PM

But what I mean is that is this years Chicago team like the Cavs team of last year?

Cavs last year won 60 plus games and with today's win, Bulls have also reached the 60 win mark. Both teams are centered around a do-it-all superstar who has the ball in his hands 90% of the time. Both teams cruised through the regular season looking to make a big run in the playoffs.

Cavs were expected to have a deep playoff run last year but they were exposed by the deeper, more experienced celtics in the second round. Chicago has done an excellent job winning games this season and they are sitting top of the east. But I don't see them even making the conference finals.

Honestly I feel like despite beating the Celts and flat out owning Miami in the regular season, they wont make it past either of those teams in the playoffs. I know theres a ton of Bulls/rose homers on this board so I'm not making this thread to piss you guys off but just stating my opinion. I actually am a Rose fan and I love the way Chicago plays defense. But feel free to disagree..but I just think this years Bulls team has a lot of similar characteristics to last years Cavs team.

Once you got past Lebron, you really had no one on that Cavs team that could really create much for themselves. Shaq was old, Jamison showed flashes but nothing consistant. Same with Rose, without him the team is weak. Noah is waaaay overrated IMO. Boozer is a solid player but its not hard to put a body on him and slow him down. Deng doesn't scare anybody. This team will only go as far as Rose takes them, and you saw last year that even Lebron couldn't take his team very far.

:facepalm: I was expecting this to come from a heat fan but a knicks fan that made a hateful jealous thread like this had suprised me unexpectedly.

The Bulls are no where near has the Cavs from last year. The Cavs evolved only and heavily on LeBron, that team was more like the LeBronvaliers with no basketball system implanted on their team. The Bulls are like the 1991 Bulls because it's been exactly 20 since the 1st championship and won it against the Lakers and the Lakers will make it to the Finals against the Bulls this postseason.
On the other hand the Knicks are just like the Nugget and the Suns, that team should be called the the New York Sungets because the the Knick don't do anything but still other team superstars and don't even draft or develop their own players.

What?
04-10-2011, 04:53 PM
An obvious bait thread

Deng, Noah, Boozer are all significantly better than ANYTHING on those cavs teams. The Bulls 5-10 is also better then the cavs. Outside of the best player the Bulls are better in every single way outside of the cavs slight advantage on offense

Defensively the bulls are MUCH better
Coach is much better
Bench is better
starters are better

If you put any of Bulls, Lakers, Celtics, Heat in last years season any one of them would have won at least 65 games.

Jezeble
04-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Guess when you have nothing else to talk about, you talk about us! Maybe the question should have been, "Is this year's Knicks team, last year's loser Nuggets team?"

acehole
04-10-2011, 04:55 PM
[/B]

rofl. consider ourselves lucky? we've won 60 games this year with 2 to go, and you guys are what, four games over .500?

how many of those 60 wins have been against the knicks?

oh wait...none.

:rolleyes:

SDBearsFan
04-10-2011, 04:57 PM

oh wait...none.

Fair enough, can't deny that but hey...I'd rather win 60 and lose a couple to the Knicks then be a team that's barely five games over .500...:p

cubswin25
04-10-2011, 04:57 PM
In my opinion, Deng and Boozer are both better than anyone from last years Cavs team not named Lebron.

And they play incredible defense, while Cleveland's was just good.

Exactly anyone who thinks the Bulls are this years Cavs. Doesn't understand how good Boozer/Deng are. Especially compared to what Lebron had the past few seasons. Or understand how good the Bulls defense is. Or the fact that they have a deep bench and really good coach as well.

What?
04-10-2011, 04:59 PM

oh wait...none.

Lol wanna sigbet the game in 2 days?

cubswin25
04-10-2011, 04:59 PM

oh wait...none.

You will see a Bulls win this week, if they feel like winning. The Knicks beat them because the Bulls took them lightly and thought they could coast and win the game. The Knicks actually played well in those games so the Bulls couldn't win playing with little effort. Just like the 76ers, Bobcats, Nets and even Raptors have beat the Bulls this year.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-10-2011, 05:00 PM

oh wait...none.

I mean, if that is the basis for your argument, please stop watching basketball. Seriously. And to make it worse for you, you're talking about those 2 games when the Knicks had a completely different roster. It makes no sense at all. Spare yourself any further embarrassments and just stfu.

acehole
04-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Fair enough, can't deny that but hey...I'd rather win 60 and lose a couple to the Knicks then be a team that's barely five games over .500...:p

60 games is impressive but playoffs are a whole new season

cubswin25
04-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Chiacago will lose to Orlando in the 2nd round. Book it.

LOL yeah I'll book that. It's funny when bias fans run there mouth after a superior team spanked them 3 of 4 times this year.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-10-2011, 05:02 PM

Most teams that win 60 games in a regular season go pretty far in the playoffs.

acehole
04-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Most teams that win 60 games in a regular season go pretty far in the playoffs.

which is original point of this thread in the first place

idk why bulls fans felt the need to turn this into another Bulls vs Knicks/heat/Celts fest.

I'm actually a Rose fan and I love Chicago's defense, the original purpose of this thread was me simply asking a question/stating my opinion.

Bulls fans need to stop taking everything so hard up the ***...lighten up guys

;)

TO to the CHI
04-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Thibs > Mike Brown

slightly better in the stats for Noah but they bring almost the same energy, hustle, rebounding and defense.

Boozer is more of a banger down low while Jamison can post up and also stretch the floor with his shooting, stats are pretty equal

Mo was havin his best season last year, clutch shots and Deng is arguably havin his best year for the bulls this season

Now Cavs still had Shaq (12pts 7rebs), Hickson (8pts 5 rebs), Big Z, Anthony Parker, Boobie Gibson who was actually playing decent ball last season.

Bulls this year have Bogans, Brewer, Asik, Taj and I guess Korver.

Are the role players really THAT much better?

Nice job with the master baiting acehole.

Nonetheless I will take the time to respond.

The difference that you attempt to minimize between Noah and Varejao is actually pretty substantial. Noah is a much better rebounder and is also a better defensive player and a better free throw shooter.

Your use of skewed stats regarding Jamison reflects the fact that you know your argument is garbage. You ignored Jamison's relevant stats -- namely his stats while with the Cavs -- in making your argument. That is cute, but pretty sad. His actual stats were about 15.8 and 7.7 while with the Cavs.

There is also no comparison between Deng and Mo Williams. The stats might be similar at first glance, but Deng contributes far more. He is an outstanding defensive player and helps his team out by taking on steep defensive challenges nightly. Williams was not much of a contributor on defense.

Chicago's defense isn't just important. It is the best in the league. Best. In. The. League. Let's not just skip over that.

The Bulls also have a coach of the year candidate who I think all would agree is a much better coach than Mike Brown.

The Bulls bench is also deeper and more versatile than was the Cavs' bench last year.

Lastly, part of the Cavs' problem last year was LeBron's notable absence during the latter half of the Celtics series. That can't just be ignored. His head was clearly elsewhere. I don't expect that from LeBron this year, but I know that Rose will be giving 100% effort all the way through the playoffs.

Your comparison could have been better made. Please feel free to try again.

TO to the CHI
04-10-2011, 05:12 PM

idk why bulls fans felt the need to turn this into another Bulls vs Knicks/heat/Celts fest.

I'm actually a Rose fan and I love Chicago's defense, the original purpose of this thread was me simply asking a question/stating my opinion.

;)

If someone started a thread stating that they think the Knicks are like the Suns light without a point guard and destined to never make an NBA finals let alone win it all. What if that person explained that they were a fan of Melo and Amare and loved the Knicks' offense, but still thought the Knicks were effectively doomed. Most importantly, what if the exact same thread had been started earlier this week. I suspect that you would respond, would you acehole?

cubswin25
04-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Thibs > Mike Brown

Bulls this year have Bogans, Brewer, Asik, Taj and I guess Korver

As a Knicks fan I know you don't understand how much difference DEFENSE makes. So that factor alone doesn't put the Cavs last year anywhere close to the Bulls. Plus your comparisons vs those Cavs players are way off

Noah>>>Varejao
Deng>>Mo Williams
Boozer>>>Jamison
Korver>>Parker
Taj>Hickson
Brewer>>Gibson
Asik>Big Z
Shaq<<Kurt Thomas

So the Bulls are almost better across the board. When you compare defense and rebounding along with scoring points and field goal percentage. Then you factor in coaching and defense and it's not close. Trying to show someone like Jamisons numbers when he was with a terrible Wizards team for most of the season boasting his stats while getting a lot of shots is also flawed.

cubswin25
04-10-2011, 05:17 PM

;)

Because this thread is stupid and there's a lot more reasons why the Bulls are the 07-08 Celtics or the 06-07 Spurs. Then last years Cavs team. So when a Knick fans is starting this thread when there's no reason to make the comparison it looks like you are trying to start crap with Bulls fans for no reason.

uptown0364
04-10-2011, 05:19 PM

Do you even watch the NBA? How does thinking they won't beat Miami or Boston in the Playoffs correlate with them not making the ECF? They wouldn't even play them until the ECF. So either say Orlando is better or do some research on seeding.

Jezeble
04-10-2011, 05:20 PM

idk why bulls fans felt the need to turn this into another bulls vs knicks/heat/celts fest.

I'm actually a rose fan and i love chicago's defense, the original purpose of this thread was me simply asking a question/stating my opinion.

;)

don't start nothin', won't be nothin'!!!

5ass
04-10-2011, 05:22 PM
LOL yeah I'll book that. It's funny when bias fans run there mouth after a superior team spanked them 3 of 4 times this year.

didnt we blow out the first game by like 35 points? now that was a spanking ;), oh and btw if we had howard today we would've gone 2-2
i believe orlando is a better team than chicago and we can argue as much as u want, it wont matter all i can say is see u in round 2. as of right now bulls are not a superior team, and dont get too excited about ur regular season record, we had the 2nd best record in the league last year too, and we didnt win the championship did we?

KH12
04-10-2011, 05:31 PM
didnt we blow out the first game by like 35 points? now that was a spanking ;), oh and btw if we had howard today we would've gone 2-2
i believe orlando is a better team than chicago and we can argue as much as u want, it wont matter all i can say is see u in round 2. as of right now bulls are not a superior team, and dont get too excited about ur regular season record, we had the 2nd best record in the league last year too, and we didnt win the championship did we?

You did, and then your team went and traded away half it's players so that game really doesn't mean anything since VC, Pietrus, Gortat and Shard aren't there anymore. Not to mention that was Boozer's 2nd game back from injury.

The Bulls are an entirely different team from then, they started off the year 9-8. Now we're 60-20, going 51-12 in that stretch.

Team*Chicago
04-10-2011, 05:34 PM

How the hell you make a thread about the Bulls being a version of the Cavaliers from last year and now say the playoffs is a whole new season. atleast the bulls won't get elimated out the 1st round like the Knicks and will make it to the Finals against the Lakers.

Avenged
04-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Don't see how they go hand in hand at all. The Bulls play an elite defense and are a complete team from their starters, to their bench, all the way to their coaching staff.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-10-2011, 05:39 PM

;)

Not its not. Your point was to make a thread to tell us all that the Bulls won't go anywhere in the playoffs like the Cavs last season.

macc
04-10-2011, 05:43 PM

What makes Chicago the superior team? What has Chicago proved? Besides losing in the first round each year?

I give the Bulls respect for having a good "regular season" but as any NBA fan with any knowledge of the game at all will tell you the regular season means jack when it comes playoff time.

Congrats on the 3 pt win against Orlando without Howard, Q Rich and JJ reddick. Chicago without Rose would of been hysterical to watch today.

I'm normally not cocky about my team, but I know they would beat Chicago in a 7 game series. If Orlando played Boston or Miami, I wouldn't know who would win that series, against Chicago, I KNOW Orlando will win. Why? Because a pg isn't going to beat the Magic alone.

Chicago only has 3 players who can score 20 + pts any given night in Rose, Deng, Boozer. Orlando has Howard, Nelson, Turk, Arenas, Anderson, Bass & J Rich who can score 20 in any given game. That's 7 players to your 3.

Playoffs turn into a half court game and Chicago just doesn't have enough fire power to get past Orlando.

Rose can be trapped and held to inneficiant games, esp with Dwight in the paint. What can Chicago throw at Howard?

I'll keep you in mind as somone who will lose a Sig bet to me in the 2nd round when we both get there.

The ONLY other time I was this confident in my team beating another elite team was against Cleveland in 2009 when noone gave Orlando a chance. I guarenteed a series victory, and we all know how that turned out.

If Chicago had a decent 2 guard, or just another peremeter player that was a threat then I wouldn't say any of this, but they don't. Magic in 5-6.

DamnGoat
04-10-2011, 05:44 PM
IIRC that was before Orlando shook up their roster & it was also Boozer's first game. I think you're putting a little too much stock into 1 game here.

i believe orlando is a better team than chicago and we can argue as much as u want, it wont matter all i can say is see u in round 2.
Based on what?

The Bulls have a better point differential, defense, head to head record and offensively they're about the same (Orlando averages .8 PPG more).

I fully expect to see the Magic in Round 2, but I'm not sure why you and some of the other Magic fans are so confident that you'll beat Chicago.

5ass
04-10-2011, 05:46 PM
You did, and then your team went and traded away half it's players so that game really doesn't mean anything since VC, Pietrus, Gortat and Shard aren't there anymore. Not to mention that was Boozer's 2nd game back from injury.

The Bulls are an entirely different team from then, they started off the year 9-8. Now we're 60-20, going 51-12 in that stretch.

so u think bulls are a superior team? we played without howard, jj and q-rich today, our center was a barely 6'8 undersized powerforward! where was that 2nd best center in the league u always keep talking about? we could have easily won with howard, and would've been 2-2. we also played chicago when we didnt have any team chemistry

MJ-BULLS
04-10-2011, 05:46 PM
When you are the nba's best team defensively. You will go far into the playoffs.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-10-2011, 05:49 PM
What makes Chicago the superior team? What has Chicago proved? Besides losing in the first round each year?

I give the Bulls respect for having a good "regular season" but as any NBA fan with any knowledge of the game at all will tell you the regular season means jack when it comes playoff time.

Congrats on the 3 pt win against Orlando without Howard, Q Rich and JJ reddick. Chicago without Rose would of been hysterical to watch today.

I'm normally not cocky about my team, but I know they would beat Chicago in a 7 game series. If Orlando played Boston or Miami, I wouldn't know who would win that series, against Chicago, I KNOW Orlando will win. Why? Because a pg isn't going to beat the Magic alone.

Chicago only has 3 players who can score 20 + pts any given night in Rose, Deng, Boozer. Orlando has Howard, Nelson, Turk, Arenas, Anderson, Bass & J Rich who can score 20 in any given game. That's 7 players to your 2.

Playoffs turn into a half court game and Chicago just doesn't have enough fire power to get past Orlando.

Rose can be trapped and held to inneficiant games, esp with Dwight in the paint. What can Chicago throw at Howard?

I'll keep you in mind as somone who will lose a Sig bet to me in the 2nd round when we both get there.

The ONLY other time I was this confident in my team beating another elite team was against Cleveland in 2009 when noone gave Orlando a chance. I guarenteed a series victory, and we all know how that turned out.

If Chicago had a decent 2 guard, or just another peremeter player that was a threat then I wouldn't say any of this, but they don't. Magic in 5-6.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

uptownfan
04-10-2011, 05:51 PM

Haters gon' hate

PurpleJesus28
04-10-2011, 05:51 PM
so u think bulls are a superior team? we played without howard, jj and q-rich today, our center was a barely 6'8 undersized powerforward! where was that 2nd best center in the league u always keep talking about? we could have easily won with howard, and would've been 2-2. we also played chicago when we didnt have any team chemistry

just because you would have howard doesn't mean that everyone else would have played the same and had the same stats they had w/o him. ryan anderson was huge for you guys today because he was playing for howard. can't just assume that if you had the players you were missing that everyone else would performed the same. noah also only played 18 minutes because of his ankle.

macc
04-10-2011, 05:53 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice quote, I love all your "logic" in your comeback. Orlando has been in the finals and ECF lately. What about Chicago......... cricket, cricket

5ass
04-10-2011, 05:54 PM
IIRC that was before Orlando shook up their roster & it was also Boozer's first game. I think you're putting a little too much stock into 1 game here.

Based on what?

The Bulls have a better point differential, defense, head to head record and offensively they're about the same (Orlando averages .8 PPG more).

I fully expect to see the Magic in Round 2, but I'm not sure why you and some of the other Magic fans are so confident that you'll beat Chicago.

cz rose cant play well when howard is on the floor, u can check the stats and basically without rose ur teams offense is rlly bad.. so it all goes down to the bulls defense which is great dont get me wrong, but noah CANNOT guard howard, he actually does a really bad job on dwight, worse than you'd think, u can check the stats on that one too

dont get me wrong the bulls are a great team, all im saying is id rather be facing them in the 2nd round than the heat or celts

KG2TB
04-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Some of you Magic fans are hilarious...and I'll concede the fact that some Bulls fans are hilarious....every fan base has their loons...but if I recall correctly the playoffs are there for a reason...let the best team win...lookin forward to it.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Nice quote, I love all your "logic" in your comeback. Orlando has been in the finals and ECF lately. What about Chicago......... cricket, cricket

Of course, because both the Magic and Bulls had the same exact rosters and teams in those past seasons :rolleyes:

CrazyShawn
04-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Nope, they are more like the Michael Jordan,Scottie Pippen Win CHAMPIONSHIP Bulls

5ass
04-10-2011, 05:57 PM
just because you would have howard doesn't mean that everyone else would have played the same and had the same stats they had w/o him. ryan anderson was huge for you guys today because he was playing for howard. can't just assume that if you had the players you were missing that everyone else would performed the same. noah also only played 18 minutes because of his ankle.

ya u beat us by 3 points without howard, JJ and Q-rich.. r u seriously telling me that we couldn't have beaten u if we had our MVP candidate on the floor? ofcourse anderson wouldnt have had that big of a game, but his numbers were almost regular stats for howard

5ass
04-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Some of you Magic fans are hilarious...and I'll concede the fact that some Bulls fans are hilarious....every fan base has their loons...but if I recall correctly the playoffs are there for a reason...let the best team win...lookin forward to it.

me too, see u in round 2. let the better team win, and if chicago does win i take back everything i said, they would be the superior team

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-10-2011, 06:02 PM
ya u beat us by 3 points without howard, JJ and Q-rich.. r u seriously telling me that we couldn't have beaten u if we had our MVP candidate on the floor? ofcourse anderson wouldnt have had that big of a game, but his numbers were almost regular stats for howard

Dude, you're making yourself look like a 12 year old. The Bulls had NOTHING and I repeat, NOTHING to play for in this game. They clinched the #1 seed in the East and I doubt they really care about the #1 overall seed. They half-assed the whole game defensively while shooting lights out. I don't think you remember the last 2 games where Howard DID play. What was the score in those games? Thats right, 99-90 in Chicago and then holding them to 81 at home in an 8 point win. Thats the Bulls defense you will see in the playoffs. Enjoy beating Atlanta, if that. They are 3-1 against yall this season, so I wouldn't be looking too far ahead just yet if I was a Magic fan.

Young and Stupid
I'll just say this as an objective observer: I'll be very surprised if the Bulls beat the Magic in the second round. Obviously, only time will tell; but I think the Magic have the advantage. We'll see.

As I've said for the past month:

Eastern Conference Finals - Heat vs. Magic
Western Conference Finals - Lakers vs. Thunder

The Finals - Heat vs. Lakers

Heat, in seven.

PurpleJesus28

seeing as though we've beaten you twice WITH your mvp candidate on the floor, yea, that is actually what i'm saying. your saying the magic are better than bulls purely off your own opinion. if rose performs so poorely against the magic with howard on the floor, how come we've beaten you twice this year w/howard playing? if you "neutralize" our best player and we still win, wouldn't that lead you to believe we're the superior team?

macc

Hiliarious why? If I quote somone I back it up with "reasons" why I disagree. The majority of Chicago fans quote with face palms and laughs because they don't have a reason why Chicago will get past Orlando.

Rose is great but Orlando faced a Lebron James averaging 35+ ppg in the playoffs and that still only got them to game 6, would of been game 5 without Lebrons game winning 40 ft shot.

A PG is not going to beat Orlando alone. Boozer plays bad against Orlando (look it up) Noah is basically a non factor against Orlando (look it up). Deng normally has good games against us, but his 14-22 ppg isn't going to be the difference in the series.

Chicago's defense is great, so is Orlando's. That's one thing Orlando has been consistant in the last 5 years. SVG is a defensive genious.

Even with Chicago's great regular season, they're still only a handful of games up on an Orlando team that blew up their team half way through the season and played 3 games before they even had ONE practice together.

Rose can have his MVP and brag about it as Howard passes him in the playoffs.

DamnGoat
04-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Chicago only has 3 players who can score 20 + pts any given night in Rose, Deng, Boozer. Orlando has Howard, Nelson, Turk, Arenas, Anderson, Bass & J Rich who can score 20 in any given game. That's 7 players to your 2.
If this isn't the definition of a homer post then I'm not sure what is.

Turkoglu's scored 20 points exactly 4 times this entire season. Not sure how that equates to "can score 20 in any given game." Arenas has been horribly inefficient all season, so if he scores 20 it's gonna take him 20+ shots so that'd actually work in the Bulls favor. Anderson, while solid, has never been a high volume scorer and has only scored 20+ in 6 games this season. Bass...see Turkoglu & Anderson.

You act like Orlando's some offensive juggernaut. They're scoring exactly 0.8 PPG more than the Bulls.

Trapping Rose hasn't really worked much this season. Not sure why it'd all of a sudden stop him in the Playoffs.

I guess we should just call you Nostradamus then. Why even bother playing the series? It sounds like it's already been decided.

Last I checked, Luol Deng was a perimeter player, so is Kyle Korver.

KG2TB
me too, see u in round 2. let the better team win, and if chicago does win i take back everything i said, they would be the superior team

Likewise brotha. :cheers:

5ass
Dude, you're making yourself look like a 12 year old. The Bulls had NOTHING and I repeat, NOTHING to play for in this game. They clinched the #1 seed in the East and I doubt they really care about the #1 overall seed. They half-assed the whole game defensively while shooting lights out. I don't think you remember the last 2 games where Howard DID play. What was the score in those games? Thats right, 99-90 in Chicago and then holding them to 81 at home in an 8 point win. Thats the Bulls defense you will see in the playoffs. Enjoy beating Atlanta, if that. They are 3-1 against yall this season, so I wouldn't be looking too far ahead just yet if I was a Magic fan.

u just seem dumber by the post man, did u bother reading anything i wrote?

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Awesome response. Just admit I just made your point in terms of what this game even meant, which was absolutely nothing for either team.

KG2TB
04-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Hiliarious why? If I quote somone I back it up with "reasons" why I disagree. The majority of Chicago fans quote with face palms and laughs because they don't have a reason why Chicago will get past Orlando.

Rose is great but Orlando faced a Lebron James averaging 35+ ppg in the playoffs and that still only got them to game 6, would of been game 5 without Lebrons game winning 40 ft shot.

A PG is not going to beat Orlando alone. Boozer plays bad against Orlando (look it up) Noah is basically a non factor against Orlando (look it up). Deng normally has good games against us, but his 14-22 ppg isn't going to be the difference in the series.

Chicago's defense is great, so is Orlando's. That's one thing Orlando has been consistant in the last 5 years. SVG is a defensive genious.

Even with Chicago's great regular season, they're still only a handful of games up on an Orlando team that blew up their team half way through the season and played 3 games before they even had ONE practice together.

Rose can have his MVP and brag about it as Howard passes him in the playoffs.

Hilarious, yes. Some of you guys are talking like Orlando is gonna automatically beat us in the playoffs which is laughable. It's not such a sure thing. You can come up with your arguments and talk all you want but talk is cheap. That's what the playoffs are for. Like I said, lookin forward to it. Let the best team win...am I confident that the Bulls will win? Absolutely. Am I gonna blatantly disrespect Orlando on a forum and concede a series win? No. In my head, yes...but it'll be a fun series. Calm down...slow up...and let's all get along. So much hostility on here.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Why are we all acting like Orlando is a lock to go to round 2? :laugh2: Because by these Magic fans' logic of regular season play, the Hawks should beat them in the first round because they're 3-1 against them this season. LMAO I love these hypocrites in here.

5ass
04-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Why are we all acting like Orlando is a lock to go to round 2? :laugh2: Because by these Magic fans' logic of regular season play, the Hawks should beat them in the first round because they're 3-1 against them this season. LMAO I love these hypocrites in here.

cool u can count on the hawks beating us in the 1st round if that helps u sleep at night

DamnGoat
04-10-2011, 06:13 PM
There's plenty of reasons, homers like you just refuse to accept any of them.

Rose played terrible the 2nd time these teams met and the Bulls still won by 9. So the Bulls most certainly have players that can do damage against Orlando if Rose isn't at his best.

Since when is 10 games considered a handful? That's a pretty significant lead.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
04-10-2011, 06:13 PM
cool u can count on the hawks beating us in the 1st round if that helps u sleep at night

id take the hawks over the magic any day and twice on sunday

5ass
04-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Hilarious, yes. Some of you guys are talking like Orlando is gonna automatically beat us in the playoffs which is laughable. It's not such a sure thing. You can come up with your arguments and talk all you want but talk is cheap. That's what the playoffs are for. Like I said, lookin forward to it. Let the best team win...am I confident that the Bulls will win? Absolutely. Am I gonna blatantly disrespect Orlando on a forum and concede a series win? No. In my head, yes...but it'll be a fun series. Calm down...slow up...and let's all get along. So much hostility on here.

thats bcz some bulls fans come to this thread not to make a point, just to disrespect people. if u believe that the bulls will win the series against orl thats fine its ur opinion, i might disagree with it, but ill respect and i wont call u stupid, or a clown for saying that

macc
04-10-2011, 06:16 PM
If this isn't the definition of a homer post then I'm not sure what is.

Turkoglu's scored 20 points exactly 4 times this entire season. Not sure how that equates to "can score 20 in any given game." Arenas has been horribly inefficient all season, so if he scores 20 it's gonna take him 20+ shots so that'd actually work in the Bulls favor. Anderson, while solid, has never been a high volume scorer and has only scored 20+ in 6 games this season. Bass...see Turkoglu & Anderson.

You act like Orlando's some offensive juggernaut. They're scoring exactly 0.8 PPG more than the Bulls.

Trapping Rose hasn't really worked much this season. Not sure why it'd all of a sudden stop him in the Playoffs.

I guess we should just call you Nostradamus then. Why even bother playing the series? It sounds like it's already been decided.

Last I checked, Luol Deng was a perimeter player, so is Kyle Korver.

If players within a system built around Howard are scoring 20 + during multiple games in the season, then YES that means they can score 20 any given night.

Anderson has never been a high volume scorer because he's only been in the league 3 years, not really much of a sample to judge somone. As a fan that's watched 95% of his games, I can tell you he's capable of lighting it up any given night. See today

Did you say Korver was your peremeter threat? Are you kidding me? He can shoot but that's it. I was more/less takling about a player who can create on the peremeter, the ONLY guy who can do that on your team is Rose. Orlando has Turk, Jameer, Arenas who are all capable of creating on the peremeter (in the playoffs, that's kinda important).

With Howard in the games Rose shoots 37% against us (look it up). In past games Rose has been kept under control against us with Howard.

Now that's putting alot of pressure on your defense alone to win a series.

macc
04-10-2011, 06:19 PM

Trust me, I agree, let the teams play and the best team win. That's not going to stop be from making an argument for my team, if it did then what is the point of a forum?

I don't understand why people call me a homer, it's not like I'm saying my team is going to win it all. I really don't think they will, esp without a legit scoring option. I'm rag on my team all the time, ask my fellow Magic fans. When I see a mismatch I defend it.

Can't wait till the playoffs either way.

macc
04-10-2011, 06:21 PM

WHO said the regular season meant anythign? WHO is the hypocrite. I know I said the regular season means nothing when it comes playoff time.

So WHO are you talking about? I see noone put much stock at all in the regular season and I said the exact opposite.

KG2TB
04-10-2011, 06:21 PM
thats bcz some bulls fans come to this thread not to make a point, just to disrespect people. if u believe that the bulls will win the series against orl thats fine its ur opinion, i might disagree with it, but ill respect and i wont call u stupid, or a clown for saying that

Agreed...but like I said, every fan base has their loons...it's important not to fall in into the baiting game. It's hard...but it's important to not stoop to their level. Like my father always says...never get into an argument with an idiot because they'll only drag you down to their level. Not calling you an idiot...it's just a good staple to live by. I'm guilty of falling into it myself. Bulls fans get a lot of flack on here because there's so many of us and thus, more of a likelihood for some ignorance...but trolling these forums for years, every fan base has their bad apples. Nothing but respect from this side. There's a fine line between being a fan and being a homer. I'd like nothing more than to have positive\level headed\subjective conversations with other fan bases on here but it's hard to do because just like in real life, disorder is inevitable.

macc
04-10-2011, 06:22 PM
id take the hawks over the magic any day and twice on sunday

Sig bet on it?

Dnovakovic099
04-10-2011, 06:23 PM
If players within a system built around Howard are scoring 20 + during multiple games in the season, then YES that means they can score 20 any given night.

Anderson has never been a high volume scorer because he's only been in the league 3 years, not really much of a sample to judge somone. As a fan that's watched 95% of his games, I can tell you he's capable of lighting it up any given night. See today

Did you say Korver was your peremeter threat? Are you kidding me? He can shoot but that's it. I was more/less takling about a player who can create on the peremeter, the ONLY guy who can do that on your team is Rose. Orlando has Turk, Jameer, Arenas who are all capable of creating on the peremeter (in the playoffs, that's kinda important).

With Howard in the games Rose shoots 37% against us (look it up). In past games Rose has been kept under control against us with Howard.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You are officially one of the worst posters on here. First of all anyone who guarantees that a team will beat another team is an idiot. You can't guarantee anything, especially when your team lost 3 out of 4 games to the other team and they have a worse record. Oh, and we only beat Miami by 2 points when they didn't have LeBron, and what happened when LeBron played? Your reasoning is soooo flawed it is not even funny. I will say the Magic can be a tough matchup for the Bulls, but your guarantees and reasonings are beyond dumb.

KG2TB
04-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Trust me, I agree, let the teams play and the best team win. That's not going to stop be from making an argument for my team, if it did then what is the point of a forum?

I don't understand why people call me a homer, it's not like I'm saying my team is going to win it all. I really don't think they will, esp without a legit scoring option. I'm rag on my team all the time, ask my fellow Magic fans. When I see a mismatch I defend it.

:hi5:

Dnovakovic099
04-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Sig bet on it?

I will bet you that the Bulls will go further in the playoffs than the Magic. If I am right you delete your account. If you are right you delete your account. If you are soooo positive.

macc
04-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Overall I like the Bulls, and if they can get an allstar/near all star 2 guard then I think they can be arguablly the best team in the league for years to come because of how balanced they are. I watch many Chicago games appx 25 this year. I know what they are capable of. It's going to be a great playoffs with so many elite teams in the East this year.

Jahari Kavi
Yes...Heat Lakers finals....book it

Dnovakovic099

Um, you guaranteed that the Magic will beat the Bulls in 5/6 games.

macc
I will bet you that the Bulls will go further in the playoffs than the Magic. If I am right you delete your account. If you are right you delete your account. If you are soooo positive.

I never bet deleting accounts, wheres the fun in that? I would rather beat somone and have them stick around bearing a sig showing they lost to me. That's much more satisfying.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
04-10-2011, 06:30 PM

turkoglu averages 11.4 in playoffs..J-Rich 19.4, Nelson 15.3 pts and 4.3 AST, D-howard 19.4 ,

in 32 games korver has 41 threes in playoffs ( off the bench), Boozer avgs 20-12 in playoffs, his boards will go up in this years playoffs, deng averages 18 in playoffs and can easily get 20-25 with roses average going from 22-28... so to say turk is a perimeter threat is plain dumb along with anderson, jameer i see how he COULD be, and arenas is just old and not the same, and no way jrich plays like he did today...

Jahari Kavi
04-10-2011, 06:30 PM
I have NO faith in boozer

Dnovakovic099
04-10-2011, 06:35 PM
I never bet deleting accounts, wheres the fun in that? I would rather beat somone and have them stick around bearing a sig showing they lost to me. That's much more satisfying.

The fun will be that I won't have to see a fan of team that has a worse record and has lost to my team 3 out of 4 times and still claim he KNOWS that his team will win. That is just plain dumb. I can't guarantee that Chicago will beat Orlando, but apparently you can so what do you have to lose. It is a win win for you because you KNOW that Orlando will beat Atlanta and Chicago.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
04-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Sig bet on it?

deal

sep11ie
04-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Boozer, Deng, and Noah all say hello.

TO to the CHI
04-10-2011, 06:36 PM

Read it again. Think about it this time.

Hint, his account was never going to be at risk.

macc
04-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Um, you guaranteed that the Magic will beat the Bulls in 5/6 games.

I never guaranteed that. quote me where I said it please. I said I know they would beat them, I said the only time I've guaranteed anything was when Orlando played Cleveland in 2009 and beat them easily.

The playoffs is about matchups. Teams particular strengths against some teams arean't really strengths against another.

If Chicago played Miami in a series, my money would be on Chicago.

If Chiacgo played Boston, I would still prob pick Chicago, though that's about a 50/50 series.

Orlando struggles against great peremeter players, so if Orlando played Miami in the playoffs, I would give Miami the slight edge.

Orlando and Boston would be a toss up to me, esp now since Boston doesn't have Perkins.

So it's not like I'm a homer picking my team or hating on a team for no reason at all. I look at the matchups. Rose shoots 37% against Orlando with Howard in the game. Therefor I think we matchup better against Chicago then we do against a team like Miami. It's no disrespect to any team. It's just how I look at playoff matches.

DamnGoat
04-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Their 20 point outbursts are pretty rare though. Other than Howard, Nelson & J-Rich the rest of the team is mostly role players that can occasionally go off. I wouldn't call that being able to "score 20 on any given night" but if that's how you wanna define it, go right ahead.

Anderson has never been a high volume scorer because he's only been in the league 3 years, not really much of a sample to judge somone.
3 years is more than fair. Anderson is what he is. A very solid role player that can shoot the 3 ball and have an occasional scoring outburst.

Did you say Korver was your peremeter threat? Are you kidding me? He can shoot but that's it. I was more/less takling about a player who can create on the peremeter, the ONLY guy who can do that on your team is Rose.
Yeah, you're right, shooting doesn't matter. Deng's actually been very good off the dribble this year.

Orlando has Turk, Jameer, Arenas who are all capable of creating on the peremeter (in the playoffs, that's kinda important).
Deng has completely owned Turkoglu this year (look it up), so him being able to penetrate means very little if this series happens. And I'm not sure why you keep mentioning Arenas? He's been awful all season, I doubt he's just going to be able to turn it on and be great again in the Playoffs.

Even with Rose under control the Bulls still won 2/3 and other players (Deng, Boozer) did enough for them to win in some of those games.

It's the best defensive team in the NBA, so I'm sure they'll welcome the pressure.

I don't understand why people call me a homer
Because you come up with outlandish reasons as to why your team is superior and completely disregard or downplay the opponents (in this case the Bulls) strengths.

DamnGoat
04-10-2011, 06:43 PM
I never guaranteed that. quote me where I said it please.
You said it just a couple pages back...:laugh2:

Dnovakovic099
04-10-2011, 06:45 PM

This guy has no idea what he is talking about. Also, he said he didn't guarantee it but he knows they will win. Why doesn't he bet all his money if he KNOWS. The only thing he actually knows is that the Bulls beat the Bulls beat the Magic 3 out of 4 games and that the Bulls have won more games.

Dnovakovic099
04-10-2011, 06:48 PM
I never guaranteed that. quote me where I said it please. I said I know they would beat them, I said the only time I've guaranteed anything was when Orlando played Cleveland in 2009 and beat them easily.

The playoffs is about matchups. Teams particular strengths against some teams arean't really strengths against another.

If Chicago played Miami in a series, my money would be on Chicago.

If Chiacgo played Boston, I would still prob pick Chicago, though that's about a 50/50 series.

Orlando struggles against great peremeter players, so if Orlando played Miami in the playoffs, I would give Miami the slight edge.

Orlando and Boston would be a toss up to me, esp now since Boston doesn't have Perkins.

So it's not like I'm a homer picking my team or hating on a team for no reason at all. I look at the matchups. Rose shoots 37% against Orlando with Howard in the game. Therefor I think we matchup better against Chicago then we do against a team like Miami. It's no disrespect to any team. It's just how I look at playoff matches.

Dude shut up already, and admit you are wrong. You can tell me you think the Magic are better and that they will win and you can argue that, but please don't tell me you KNOW. You don't KNOW anything. I can also say this Bulls team is the best team ever and that Rose is the best player to ever step on the court. I can argue all that, but would that make me right. The only thing you know that is relevant to these two teams is what they have done this season and that is because both teams are significantly different than their teams in years past. In turn, the only thing you KNOW is that the Bulls have a better record and that they beat the Magic 3 out of 4 times.

itsripcity32
chicago fans are too sensitive.

Evolution23
Nah Cavs were garbage. If you take Rose of the Bulls, they're still a playoff team (8th seed).

macc
04-10-2011, 06:49 PM

Picking the Magic in 5-6 means guarenteeing a victory? People pick teams in 4,5,6,7 games all the time, so are you saying they are guarenteeing victories as well?

Picking a team in an appx amount of games is not guarenteeing anything.

macc
04-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Dude shut up already, and admit you are wrong. You can tell me you think the Magic are better and that they will win and you can argue that, but please don't tell me you KNOW. You don't KNOW anything. I can also say this Bulls team is the best team ever and that Rose is the best player to ever step on the court. I can argue all that, but would that make me right. The only thing you know that is relevant to these two teams is what they have done this season and that is because both teams are significantly different than their teams in years past. In turn, the only thing you KNOW is that the Bulls have a better record and that they beat the Magic 3 out of 4 times.

Lol, don't quote me then tell me to stop talking. Besides I'm not "wrong" until Chicago beats Orlando in the 2nd round. If they don't beat Orlando then maybe I have a slight idea of what I'm talking about when it comes to mis matches.

We'll see what happens come playoff time I guess, but I like our chances.

Dnovakovic099
Picking the Magic in 5-6 means guarenteeing a victory? People pick teams in 4,5,6,7 games all the time, so are you saying they are guarenteeing victories as well?

Picking something and claiming you know something is two different things. I can say that Bulls will win the championship, but I cannot say that I know they will.

DamnGoat

I'm not gonna bother quoting your post again, but you basically said "I know the Magic would win..." Sure, you don't say the word guarantee in there, but it's the same thing and you know it.

Dnovakovic099
04-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Lol, don't quote me then tell me to stop talking. Besides I'm not "wrong" until Chicago beats Orlando in the 2nd round. If they don't beat Orlando then maybe I have a slight idea of what I'm talking about when it comes to mis matches.

We'll see what happens come playoff time I guess, but I like our chances.

I respect that you think that the Magic are a good matchup against Chicago. I think they are too, but I think that Chicago is sooo much better then the Magic that the mismatch will be negated, and that is my opinion and the Bulls might go out and lose in 4 to the Magic. Heck, the Bulls might lose in 4 to the Pacers. Anything can happen buddy. So, don't say you know anything because you don't.

DaBear
04-10-2011, 06:58 PM
The Knicks fan is just trying to stir crap up before his team gets swept in the first round. I hope the Bulls play their starters against the Knicks on Tuesday.

macc
04-10-2011, 06:58 PM
I respect that you think that the Magic are a good matchup against Chicago. I think they are too, but I think that Chicago is sooo much better then the Magic that the mismatch will be negated, and that is my opinion and the Bulls might go out and lose in 4 to the Magic. Heck, the Bulls might lose in 4 to the Pacers. Anything can happen buddy. So, don't say you know anything because you don't.

Trust me, I don't gloat about my team, esp with the ups and downs this year. I judge based of mis matches and thats why i'll bet alot of money on the series if it presents itself.

Obviously I can't look into the future and they play the games for a reason. Maybe I'm being a little over confident against one matchup of the playoffs. So I'll agree on that part.

Besides, I respect most Chicago fans because I'm a White Sox fan and normally we're on the same side of the fence at least when it comes to them. :cheers:

ManRam
04-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Here's how I see it...

Chicago was, clearly, the better team this regular season. They have the best defense in the league and were just incredibly consistent.

The Magic were probably the most inconsistent team to finish top 4 in the playoffs. Sometimes they'd look great, I mean, they've beaten LA, Chicago, Miami, Boston, OKC, Denver, Dallas and San Antonio. But then they've also lost to some really bad teams, had losing streaks that were way too long and all that.

They can beat any team in the NBA, they can also lose to any team in the NBA. They're going to need to step it up and play at a higher level than they have all year. They could very well be a better team, but who knows if they can sustain that consistency needed to win a big series or two? They just haven't shown it this year.

I think either team could win this series. Either fan base acting like it's going to be a walk in the park probably is a bit confused. I think Chicago has the right to be more confident, but as a Magic fan, we've seen this before. We played a Cleveland team that was, whether you like it or not, a lot like this team (in terms of record, style of play, etc.). We beat them, so why shouldn't we feel like we can beat Chicago.

If we can find a way to score ~95 points a game, I think we'll win it. If we can't, we won't.

Dnovakovic099
04-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Trust me, I don't gloat about my team, esp with the ups and downs this year. I judge based of mis matches.

Obviously I can't look into the future and they play the games for a reason. Maybe I'm being a little over confident against one matchup of the playoffs. So I'll agreed on that part.

Besides, I respect most Chicago fans because I'm a White Sox fan and normally we're on the same side of the fence at least when it comes to them. :cheers:

Ok, lol, I just hate when people say they know something. Like Knicks fans were saying we know that the Bulls won't be a top four seed. Now look who looks like the dumbass, or Heat fans saying we know we have a better record than the Bulls at the end of the season now look who looks like a dumbass. That being said I do agree with you that the Magic vs. Bulls matchup will be an exciting series, but I think the Magic will have trouble with Atlanta. I love Howard and he is a stud, but Arenas, Hedo, and Richardson all are way too inconsistant. Also, Nelson's quickness gives Rose a lot of trouble on the defensive end.

cubswin25
04-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Haha I can't believe anyone would be picking the Magic to beat the Bulls in the playoffs? How are they going to do that? Rose,Boozer, Noah, Deng >> Howard, Nelson, Richardson, Hedo. Bulls defense is also much better as well. How the heck are the Magic gonna score enough points on the Bulls defense? Especially if Dwight isn't making his free throws. It's just laughable and only some bias homer fan would think other wise. The only way the Bulls lose that series if they beat themselves and turnover the ball or just don't play well. Teams that play defense like the Bulls don't lose in the second round of the playoffs to 50 something win teams. That have done nothing but lost too teams as good as the Bulls in the playoffs the past 4 years and those teams were probably better then this one.

DaBear
04-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Orlando was making 3's today that they'll never make in the playoffs.

macc
04-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Ok, lol, I just hate when people say they know something. Like Knicks fans were saying we know that the Bulls won't be a top four seed. Now look who looks like the dumbass, or Heat fans saying we know we have a better record than the Bulls at the end of the season now look who looks like a dumbass. That being said I do agree with you that the Magic vs. Bulls matchup will be an exciting series, but I think the Magic will have trouble with Atlanta. I love Howard and he is a stud, but Arenas, Hedo, and Richardson all are way too inconsistant. Also, Nelson's quickness gives Rose a lot of trouble on the defensive end.

Oh I know, the Hawks do worry me. Going back to that mis match thing I keep talking about. Orlando doesn't defend well against teams with good/great athletic peremeter players. The Hawks have a few of them in Johnson, Crawford, Smith. So if Orlando lost in the first round to the Hawks, it's not like I would be completely suprised because of Orlando's track record vs teams like that.

Yes our team has been inconsistant. Most shooting teams are, and unfortunetely our shooting has been a make or break for us alot of times this year. Just normally Howard is our great equalizer in that. That's where us lacking that "true" goto 2nd scorer is going to hurt us in the playoffs, that's why I don't see us winning it all this year without one.

JordansBulls
04-10-2011, 07:14 PM
No. Cavs had proven winners already in Shaq (1x league mvp), 3x finals mvp winner and the year before in Ben Wallace.

h2r09
04-10-2011, 07:15 PM

they also played without the 4th best player in the keague and lost by 3.

Baller1
04-10-2011, 07:16 PM

And Rose was making shots in the paint that he'll never even see with Dwight in the game.

I don't know who I'd take in this series, but my point is that you can't make such a completely baseless claim.

Bookey
04-10-2011, 07:19 PM
D.Rose is a great closer, second behind Kobe IMO.

Lebron James terrible closer, by far the worst among superstars.

Thats a huge difference between the teams. We are like no other team in history, we'll have our own destiny.

DaBear
04-10-2011, 07:21 PM
they also played without the 4th best player in the keague and lost by 3.

Yeah because the Bulls have proven they can't beat Orlando with Dwight...:rolleyes:

It was obvious to see no one but Rose showed up for the Bulls today.

abe_froman
04-10-2011, 07:26 PM
thats the hope of everyone here,but prepare to be disappointed nba forum

DaBear
And Rose was making shots in the paint that he'll never even see with Dwight in the game.

I don't know who I'd take in this series, but my point is that you can't make such a completely baseless claim.

Rose will still get his 20+ against the Magic if they meet in the playoffs. And if Howard was in the game, Orlando wouldn't jack up so many 3's to save their lives. I don't know about you, but I don't think Orlando will be shooting 50% from the arc consistently on 20+ 3's. Some of these 3's were just pure luck.

jmcelligott92
How about the Bulls beat the Pacers, and the Magic beat the Hawks before we start talking about that matchup, anything can happen, I mean we all did see the seahawks win a playoff game

Baller1
04-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Rose will still get his 20+ against the Magic if they meet in the playoffs. And if Howard was in the game, Orlando wouldn't jack up so many 3's to save their lives. I don't know about you, but I don't think Orlando will be shooting 50% from the arc consistently on 20+ 3's. Some of these 3's were just pure luck.

Of course he'll get his 20, but much less efficiently. Just look at Rose's percentages in the 3 previous games when Dwight was playing.

Today he was trotting into the lane with insane ease, and getting met by the ever-intimidating Ryan Anderson and Malik Allen (who's like 58 years old). That's all I'm saying; Rose will not dominate the series like he did in today's game.

Baller1
04-10-2011, 07:29 PM
How about the Bulls beat the Pacers, and the Magic beat the Hawks before we start talking about that matchup, anything can happen, I mean we all did see the seahawks win a playoff game

:dance:

MJ-BULLS
04-10-2011, 07:30 PM
thats the hope of everyone here,but prepare to be disappointed nba forum

What can you say, the bulls have had a great season surprising everybody in the nba, not bulls fans of course.

like i said, nba forum..... The Bulls are way different team than the cavs from last year, one example, Thibs>>>>Brown. There's more i could put down...

jmcelligott92
04-10-2011, 07:31 PM

ahah i did that specifically for you

DaBear
04-10-2011, 07:32 PM

And I remember Seahawks fans thinking the Bears would be a cake walk because of a fluke season win until they hit reality.

DamnGoat
04-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Of course he'll get his 20, but much less efficiently. Just look at Rose's percentages in the 3 previous games when Dwight was playing.

Today he was trotting into the lane with insane ease, and getting met by the ever-intimidating Ryan Anderson and Malik Allen (who's like 58 years old). That's all I'm saying; Rose will not dominate the series like he did in today's game.
Even when Rose had bad games against Orlando they still managed to win 2/3 and that's with Dwight going insane for 40 in one of those games. IMO people are putting way too much stock into one game.

JB0B0
04-10-2011, 07:33 PM
@the OP. The Cavs had LeBron (obviously superior to any current Bulls players) and solid role players. The Bulls have Rose (superstar but not as good as LeBron) and much better role players.

Boozer/Noah>Jamison/Shaq
Bogans/Deng>Williams/Parker (although very close).
Gibson/Asik/Brewer/Korver/Thomas/Watson>Cavs bench last year.
Bulls defense>Cavs defense

Baller1
04-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Even when Rose had bad games against Orlando they still managed to win 2/3 and that's with Dwight going insane for 40 in one of those games. IMO people are putting way too much stock into one game.

Which is why I haven't made a prediction of that series yet; it's going to be very evenly matched, the regular season games have shown us that.

Baller1
04-10-2011, 07:36 PM
ahah i did that specifically for you

:laugh2: thanks.

And I remember Seahawks fans thinking the Bears would be a cake walk because of a fluke season win until they hit reality.

Of course I was gonna talk ****; it's not like I'm gonna sit there and say "we have no chance, **** it"...

Plus, we won our Super Bowl by beating NO and that's what matters. I've masturbated multiple times to that Marshawn run.

SteBO
04-10-2011, 07:39 PM
@the OP. The Cavs had LeBron (obviously superior to any current Bulls players) and solid role players. The Bulls have Rose (superstar but not as good as LeBron) and much better role players.

Boozer/Noah>Jamison/Shaq
Bogans/Deng>Williams/Parker (although very close).
Gibson/Asik/Brewer/Korver/Thomas/Watson>Cavs bench last year.
Bulls defense>Cavs defense
:confused: How do you measure that? The Cavs were the best defensive team in the league the last years. Rose accounts for 41% of CHI's total offense; LeBron accounted for 42% of CLE's offense. Both are pretty similar, but not the same and here's why....

1) CLE didn't really have another guy that can create for himself off the dribble. CHI does with Luol Deng.

2) While the Cavs had ample size, they didn't have a legit interior threat. CHI at least has Carlos Boozer, and Joakim has shown very little, but nonethless, that he can produce points on the low block.

3) Last but not least, Thibs has them playing a team game on offense. Unlike Mike Brown, who had the Cavs playing 1 on 5 basketball at the end of games. It only worked for a time because he's LeBron James. CHI will have a tough time scoring when teams figure out how to slow Rose, but at least they have Deng, who's shown he can step up in case that happens.

abe_froman
04-10-2011, 07:41 PM

no,no.you see,its like this.the past 2 convincing wins(when they were with howard btw)=doesnt matter,cant read into.but a close game(still a loss though)=read everything into,all thats needed to show everything as it pertains to playoffs and means bulls will lose big time.

just the usual double standard you come to expect

justinnum1
04-10-2011, 07:47 PM
chicagos defense is light years better than cle last season, i just think chi will struggle scoring in the playoffs when teams can game plan.

cubswin25
04-10-2011, 07:48 PM
I think Chicago has the right to be more confident, but as a Magic fan, we've seen this before. We played a Cleveland team that was, whether you like it or not, a lot like this team (in terms of record, style of play, etc.). We beat them, so why shouldn't we feel like we can beat Chicago.

If we can find a way to score ~95 points a game, I think we'll win it. If we can't, we won't.

I will admit I'm pretty confident that most of the games will go down like games 2 and 3 of the Bulls and Magic season series went. Which was basically the Bulls shutting down or containing everyone outside of Howard and holding them too 81 and 90 points. I don't think the Magic will be able to score 95 points on the Bulls very often. While I think the Bulls will be able to score 90 to 100 on the Magic consistently. Those two games where basically the same game with the Bulls shutting down the Magic offense. Also don't discount the home field advantage factor where the Bulls have the home record in the NBA. Also I think the Celtics of recent years are a much better comparison then the Cavs. When you consider there coach, depth, defense and the fact they run the same offense. Heck even a few days ago Doc and a bunch of there players were saying they remain them of the 07 and 08 Celtics. The Magic weren't able to get past a healthy Celtics team and I don't expect them to get past a healthy Bulls team.

DamnGoat
04-10-2011, 07:49 PM
:confused: How do you measure that? The Cavs were the best defensive team in the league the last years.
I see a lot of people saying this about Cleveland in these comparisons. But they weren't the best defensive team in the NBA last year. They were 4th in Opp. FG% & 6th in Points Allowed. They were really good, but not the best and not as good as Chicago is this year (1st in Opp. FG% & 2nd in Pts. Allowed).

TylerSL
04-10-2011, 07:49 PM
no Chicago is wayyyyyy better. They have their superstar (Rose) like the Cavs had Lebron, but Rose has help unlike Lebron last year. Rose has a Boozer (a top 7 PF who can go like 19/9 as a #2), Noah (top 3 defensive Center who can go 10/12), Deng (a guy that can go like 17/6 as a #3), and Korver (a guy who shoots like 42% from 3). The Cavs never had anybody other than Lebron that could average 17 points or more a game. The Bulls have 2 others besides Rose than can do this. Chicago is much better than Cleveland last year. Chicago is they type of team that can win a title because they have so much depth and they are so good on the Defensive end. Im am REALLY looking forward to a playoff series against them. (That is if we can get that far, or if they can get that far because ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs.)

daricoliver
04-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Every team has weaknesses. If I were Orlando and Boston fans, I would be scared to death to see Howard or Rondo at the free throw line with the game on the line. They are brutal free throw shooters. If I am Miami, I am scared to death of being in a close game where I have to have a last second shot to win it at the end because they have proven time and time again that they can't do it. You think the playoffs are going to be any different in that regard. Chicago's weakness seems to be if DRose does not have a big game, they are in trouble. Surprisingly, when they have needed a big game from DRose he delivers. When he has a bad game one night, he dominates the next two. They have not lost more than two games in a row all year including in games where they have played top tiered talent. Chicago is nothing like last years Cleveland Choke artists.

SteBO
04-10-2011, 07:53 PM
I see a lot of people saying this about Cleveland in these comparisons. But they weren't the best defensive team in the NBA last year. They were 4th in Opp. FG% & 6th in Points Allowed. They were really good, but not the best and not as good as Chicago is this year (1st in Opp. FG% & 2nd in Pts. Allowed).
I guess if you put it that way, then fine. But offensively, there are many similarities as I posted in the remainder of my post. The coaching, team play, is what makes CHI much better than CLE.

DamnGoat
04-10-2011, 08:01 PM
I guess if you put it that way, then fine. But offensively, there are many similarities as I posted in the remainder of my post. The coaching, team play, is what makes CHI much better than CLE.
I'm not disagreeing with the rest of your post, just the part about Cleveland being the best defensive team last year.

As a Bulls fan I'm sure there's some bias here but IMO the comparisons between the two teams don't really add up. The Bulls have more overall talent (I have no idea why people forget about Deng & Boozer), better depth and Thibs is a much better coach then Mike Brown ever was.

JB0B0
04-10-2011, 08:11 PM
The only way Orlando beats us is if they shoot 45%+ from 3, like they did today. Otherwise, it'll be very difficult.

king4day
04-10-2011, 08:16 PM
I think the Bulls are deeper and aren't a one trick pony. If they need to post, they have Booer. Rose can be their scorer/passer. Shooters are there. Just a better team. Not to mention great D.

Anon
04-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Ask this question and you get a lot of noise about how the Bulls are better and deeper than Cleveland was. Ask why Rose is the MVP and you get a lot of the Bulls suck, Rose is their only player. Can't be both can it?

JB0B0
04-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Ask this question and you get a lot of noise about how the Bulls are better and deeper than Cleveland was. Ask why Rose is the MVP and you get a lot of the Bulls suck, Rose is their only player. Can't be both can it?

Clearly an exaggeration. The Bulls are a good team but Rose makes them a great team.

Anon
04-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Clearly an exaggeration. The Bulls are a good team but Rose makes them a great team.

No team is great based on the regular season. Ironically I agree more with the Rose for MVP crowd than the Bulls are a legit title contender. One player cannot when you a title. See Cleveland w/Lebron.

nitric
04-10-2011, 08:30 PM

This is so ironic coming from a Magic and that I won't even discuss it. Rose was missing his best players for a good 60 games, that's why he's in the MVP talk. Plus winning 60 games without a full team probably means something as well.

Thefuture7
04-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Definatly not, Chicago has players that comppliment each others well, and they have a great head coach. in my opinion last years the cavs were a team just with talented players that didnt play well together. The bulls play a system where everyone knows there role

Kannon81
04-10-2011, 08:31 PM
No it can't. Rose IS the MVP and if his team wasn't the #1 seed would choose D12. The only reason I think d12 is NOT the MVP is they are not seeded with in the top 7 playoff spots. (both east and west) The whole Cavs = Bulls debate? Well like everyone else says DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS! Something last years Cavs team never knew of.

ragee
04-10-2011, 08:32 PM
Nope... The Bulls right now is not a one man team... Sure, Rose scores hell of a lot of points but that is not the only reason why they are winning... They are winning because they have a great coach who have made them play great defense... The Bulls roster is also not pretentious like the Cavs.... They do have the capability to carry themselves when Rose have an off night...

Iggz53
04-10-2011, 08:36 PM
No similarities at all.

Bulls have a very balanced frontcourt/backcourt situation, something the LeBron Cavs never had. They also have the best defense in the NBA, something Cleveland never was. Not to mention Thibs compared to Mike Brown.

ellesmeire
04-10-2011, 08:54 PM
silly thread, everything has been said

knicks4life33
04-10-2011, 09:07 PM
lol how so. bulls have a much better supporting cast around d rose then lebron so how can u compare

Dawgpound3
04-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Chicago is way better than Cleveland. Cleveland had decent players with Lebron, but not great players, where as Rose has a better supporting cast with Deng, Noah, Boozer, and a decent bench to boot.

Doogolas
04-10-2011, 09:19 PM

How the **** is that not a guarantee?

mania03
04-10-2011, 09:19 PM
any team that finishes first in their conference has a legit shot at winning a title. bulls have the best record at home and top defense in the league, so unless rose or either of Deng, Boozer, Noah gets injured then their chances of making it to the east finals are slim.

Doogolas
04-10-2011, 09:23 PM
:confused: How do you measure that? The Cavs were the best defensive team in the league the last years. Rose accounts for 41% of CHI's total offense; LeBron accounted for 42% of CLE's offense. Both are pretty similar, but not the same and here's why....

1) CLE didn't really have another guy that can create for himself off the dribble. CHI does with Luol Deng.

2) While the Cavs had ample size, they didn't have a legit interior threat. CHI at least has Carlos Boozer, and Joakim has shown very little, but nonethless, that he can produce points on the low block.

3) Last but not least, Thibs has them playing a team game on offense. Unlike Mike Brown, who had the Cavs playing 1 on 5 basketball at the end of games. It only worked for a time because he's LeBron James. CHI will have a tough time scoring when teams figure out how to slow Rose, but at least they have Deng, who's shown he can step up in case that happens.

Cleveland was 7th in defensive efficiency last year and third the year before that. Neither of the teams were with in 5PP100P of the Bulls defense this year. The Bulls defense this year is just outrageously superior to the Cleveland one last year.

chitown815
04-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Lol have fun, everybody always says the bulls can't blah blah, point is ecf vs heat will be an epic series, I bet ratings will be best ever too

chitown815
04-10-2011, 09:40 PM
And call me crazy but I'm taking ny over Boston

Badluck33
04-10-2011, 09:40 PM

way to contradict urself. them being more equipped and deeper for a playoff run makes them better than the Cavs.

Gram
04-10-2011, 09:43 PM
We'll see.

acehole
04-10-2011, 09:44 PM
so now this has turned into a Bulls vs Magic thread??

Why are you bulls fans so cocky?? You guys have been perennial first round exits for the last 5 years.

So you had a good regular season, means NOTHING.

Relax

effen5
04-10-2011, 09:48 PM

Why are you bulls fans so cocky?? You guys have been perennial first round exits for the last 5 years.

Relax

Umm winning 60 games, being the 2nd best team in the league, being the best team in the east, being undefeated against the elite teams since december, our defensive superiority gives us the right to be cocky...

The Knicks on the other hand ...

effen5
04-10-2011, 09:50 PM

ironic....no?

TO Rapz
04-10-2011, 09:54 PM
:facepalm: This is a very very stupid question..

ManRam
04-10-2011, 09:57 PM

Relax

Why do the last 5 years matter? Remind me...

acehole
04-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Umm winning 60 games, being the 2nd best team in the league, being the best team in the east, being undefeated against the elite teams since december, our defensive superiority gives us the right to be cocky...

The Knicks on the other hand ...

"defensive superiority" hahaha

in that case..our OFFENSIVE SUPERIORITY gives us knick fans the right to be cocky as well

Shammyguy3
04-10-2011, 09:58 PM

Relax

What does the last 5 years have anything to do with this team.
Name one player that was on this team 5 years ago besides Deng.

You can't...
And, look at the Knicks and the last 5 years if you want to use that as part of your argument :laugh2:

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-10-2011, 10:13 PM

in that case..our OFFENSIVE SUPERIORITY gives us knick fans the right to be cocky as well

Yes your "OFFENSIVE SUPERIORITY" and your 4 GAMES OVER .500 RECORD certainly give you the right to be cocky.

I've just about had it with some of these people in here :facepalm:

Chi~TwnHawksFan
04-10-2011, 10:14 PM
way to contradict urself. them being more equipped and deeper for a playoff run makes them better than the Cavs.

2x LOLOLOLOLOL:clap:

Chi~TwnHawksFan
04-10-2011, 10:15 PM

Relax

and correct me if im wron but the knicks FINALLY made the playoffs? :eyebrow:

Chi~TwnHawksFan
04-10-2011, 10:17 PM

LOL ur """offensive superiority""" yeaa u score 110 points but ur still just above .500 lmfaoo and half the time still lose wen u score 100, knicks r a fluke

Chi~TwnHawksFan
04-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Yes your "OFFENSIVE SUPERIORITY" and your 4 GAMES OVER .500 RECORD certainly give you the right to be cocky.

I've just about had it with some of these people in here :facepalm:

lol agreed

acehole
04-10-2011, 10:30 PM
apparently bulls fans dont understand the art of sarcasm either

jzero
04-10-2011, 10:33 PM

your 60 win record against their 66 wins shows that :clap:

DwayneMVPwade
04-10-2011, 10:37 PM
No way, Rose has got better support. Hes got Deng, Noah, Boozer, which is WAYYY better than Mo williams, Jamison, Hickson,Gibson

Shammyguy3
04-10-2011, 10:37 PM
your 60 win record against their 66 wins shows that :clap:

And their 66 wins shows that team was better than the 97/98 Bulls who won 62. :rolleyes:

gotoHcarolina52
04-10-2011, 11:00 PM
The Bulls will be exposed like a tourist in an airport scanner.

Dade County
04-10-2011, 11:09 PM
The Bulls will be exposed like a tourist in an airport scanner.

WHAT! lol

cubswin25
04-10-2011, 11:14 PM

Because Magic fans brought up the possiblity of beating them in the playoffs. Since they beat the Cavs in 2009.

Over the last five years they made the playoffs four times, and made it out of the first round once. We are confident, because we know how good this team is and how hard guys like Rose,Deng and Noah have played in the postseason. Remember two years ago a average Bulls team took the Celtics to 7 games, and even last year when they lost to those Cavs that your speak of. They played very hard in four of those five games and they could have went either way. We just didn't have the talent or coaching to beat them and now we do.. This year we know that this team defense is going to shut teams down. We know that no teams are gonna stop D-Rose, and guys like Boozer, Deng, Korver, Taj, Noah and Brewer are still going to get there points. If you have been watching basketball for as long as I have. You know a pretty good team when you see one. This team isn't the type of team that is going to choke or underachieve in the playoffs. This team is way too talented, way too hungry, way too well coached and plays way too hard to let that happen. Bulls fans been saying this about there team all season long, and everyone has doubted us. But nothing has changed we know we are pretty damn good. Just like how most of us were telling everyone that Derrick Rose was going to have a break out year this season. We all seen what he could do and knew he was going to get better.

Relax

We are relaxed, and we are proud of our regular season. We are just confident that were going to have a great postseason too. We know this team is only going to play better come playoff time. Defense, rebounding and a superstar is what wins in the playoffs. The Bulls have all of that.

clferg75
04-10-2011, 11:25 PM

Do you really want to compare trophy cases?

cubswin25
04-10-2011, 11:28 PM
didnt we blow out the first game by like 35 points? now that was a spanking , oh and btw if we had howard today we would've gone 2-2

Yep different Bulls team today buddy. There's a reason why that team started out 9-8(9-7 at that time) and have gone 51-12 since while going 12-0 against the Magic, Heat, Celtics, Spurs,Thunder, Lakers and Mavs since. That game was Boozer first game back and they were still gelling as a team. Remember they had a whole new coaching staff, and 8 new players on the roster this season. It took sometime to get this team running, and now there the team to beat for a reason.

Hey you can be wrong all you want, all I know is you guys don't stand a chance. Unless we find away to beat ourselves or forget how to play defense. I'm sorry that you guys as as much as playoff chokers as the Cavs have been. That doesn't mean the Bulls will be.

cubswin25
04-10-2011, 11:59 PM

The Bulls are the superior team, because they have better basketball players and play better basketball then the Magic. What have the Magic proved? Besides they choke in the playoffs every year? You guys won 59 games the last two years and couldn't get it done in the playoffs. Now your team has regressed a bit after the trade you made. Now you think you can beat a team like the Bulls? You understand that the Bulls haven't had a chance to prove anything yet. Only 4 players were on the team that lost in the first round last year and they have a whole new coaching staff. The Magic already proved they will fail in the playoffs, the Bulls haven't. Lets look at this history

06-07 swept by the Pistons in 1st round
07-08 spanked by the Pistons in 5 games in the second round
08-09 Made it to finals thanks to Kevin Garnett missing the postseason and the Cavs choking worse then them, but then got spanked by the Lakers in 5 games.
09-10 Spanked by the Celtics in 6 games in ECF

Playoff history seems a bit like the Cavs, but I guess this is the year right? LOL

I agree, but fans like yourself don't realize that this team is built to win in the playoffs. Just as most good defensive, good rebounding and well coached teams with a superstar and good supporting cast are.

Congrats for the Bulls not playing defense or bother to rebound or take care of the ball, so you guys could only lose by 3. You know that kinda happens when you kick everyones butts the last four and half nothing else to play for until the playoffs start.

Well guess what I KNOW the Bulls will beat the Magic in the playoffs. See I can do that, and have a lot more to back that up with then you do. Also not only our PG will beat you, so will our lights out defense, so will our SF, our PF , our C and our good bench.

Chicago only has 3 players who can score 20 + pts any given night in Rose, Deng, Boozer. Orlando has Howard, Nelson, Turk, Arenas, Anderson, Bass & J Rich who can score 20 in any given game. That's 7 players to your 3.

Haha do you not understand how wrong and flawed that is. I'm sorry but that is so bad lol. First of all it's not even right. Because the Bulls have more then 3 guys who could score 20 points in a game. Plus you think most of those guys have any chance of scoring 20 points on the Bulls defense.

How do you guys have more firepower then us again? Here's top 8 scorers on both Magic and Bulls

Derrick Rose 25 PPG
Carlos Boozer-18 PPG
Luol Deng- 17 PPG
Joakim Noah-12 PPG
Kyle Korver 8 PPG
Taj Gibson- 7 PPG
Ronnie Brewer- 6 PPG
CJ Watson- 5 PPG

Total- 98 PPG

Dwight Howard-23 PPG
Jason Richardson-14 PPG
Jameer Nelson -13 PPG
Hedo Turkoglu-11 PPG
Brandon Bass- 11 PPG
Ryan Anderson -10 PPG
JJ Reddick- 10 PPG
Gilbert Arenas- 8 PPG

Total 100 PPG

So two points is much fire power? If you factor in our superior our defense and rebounding is. Well good luck beating the Bulls if they play the way there capable of.

Please tell me when Rose has been trapped and stopped. If it was so easy why isn't done now? The Celtics and Cavs weren't able to do it the past two post seasons. What makes you think anyone will be able to do that now? Why are the Bulls 12-0 against the top contenders, why do these teams just wanna start doing that in the playoffs. There's no magic formal to stop Rose. So just stop and by the way. Well Duh can't we just foul Dwight Howard, since he can't hit a damn free throw? Man do you even read the crap you write and realize how bias and flawed it is?

Why do you think we give a damn about your confidence? Especially when it's pretty clear that your undervaluing what the Bulls have and the overvaluing what the Magic have. Or not paying attention to the results of the Bulls actually shutting down the Magic offense in the two games were the Bulls actually gelled as a team and tried hard to win.

They do have a good SG his name is Kyle Korver.They just do a platoon of all three Bogans, Korver and Brewer for defensive reasons. If you combine the 3 and compare them to the Magic SG it's not as big of a gap as you might think. Plus the Bulls SG are a hell of a lot better defensivly and gonna shut down Jason Richardson come playoff time, just like they did to Ray Allen the other night.

DoJoTheSlasher
04-11-2011, 12:02 AM
No...

Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah are so much better than any of Bron's teammates.

SteBO
04-11-2011, 12:04 AM
No...

Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah are so much better than any of Bron's teammates.
Wade and Bosh :eyebrow: Really?

PurpleJesus28
04-11-2011, 12:20 AM

gonna assume he meant Brons teammates last year.

although, they are better than the ones you mentioned anyway so i guess it doesn't really matter either way.

jk ;)

cubswin25
04-11-2011, 12:20 AM

No but Boozer,Deng, Noah, Taj, Korver, Brewer, Asik, Watson, Bogans and Thomas are better then Wade, Bosh, Dampier, Bibby, Haslem, Miller, Jones, House, Anthony and whatever bum they have playing. :)

clferg75
04-11-2011, 12:21 AM
I really dont know what to think about this thread, or all the ignorant coments by all teams fans. I have been a HUGE Bulls fan for almost 30yrs, and can say that they are talented enough top to bottom to win a championship. Do I think they are last years Cavs, NO! Better team all around, Better coach and better court leadership. Do I think the Bulls will beat Orlando if they match up in the second round, YES! Although the Magic is a tough matchup for us I do expect a BULLS VICTORY, although I would be shocked if the Bulls lost, it isnt out of the question. One injury can hurt either team very bad, and remeber the Bulls have an excellent coach but this is his first time as a head coach in the playoffs. Bulls in 6. As for the Knicks fans, SHUT THE HELL UP! I notice that alot of your sigs say were back. Back to what a sub-par team that has never done ***** in my life time (mainly because the BULLS sent them home every year in the playoffs). CLOSE THIS THREAD PLEASE!

PrettyBoyJ
04-11-2011, 12:26 AM
They have a better supporting cast then Last year Cavs team.. But Lebron effect on the Cavs cant be matched, Rose has a good team

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-11-2011, 12:27 AM
You haters can rejoice....at least for now.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/4188/rose-bulls-not-yet-championship-ready

So the likely MVP of a 60 win team still believes they need to improve in order to win a championship. I love this kid :D

gotoHcarolina52
04-11-2011, 12:32 AM

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/4188/rose-bulls-not-yet-championship-ready

So the likely MVP of a 60 win team still believes they need to improve in order to win a championship. I love this kid :D

:love:

cubswin25
04-11-2011, 12:36 AM

Yet some people believe he will allow this team to choke in the playoffs. I don't see that happening. Rose isn't gonna quit when the chips are down like another superstar did.

gotoHcarolina52
04-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Yet some people believe he will allow this team to choke in the playoffs. I don't see that happening. Rose isn't gonna quit when the chips are down like another superstar did.

Rose wont quit. He'll go down with a fight. But he'll go down nonetheless. It's all quite admirable, really.

hugepatsfan
04-11-2011, 12:40 AM
CHI has a top 3 PG, a top 10 SF, a top 5-10 PF, and a top 5-10 C.

CLE had the best player in the NBA and then probably not another player you would call top 15 at their position.

No comparison at all IMO.

cubswin25
04-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Rose wont quit. He'll go down with a fight. But he'll go down nonetheless. It's all quite admirable, really.

Good luck with that projection :). Last time we had a really good team and had the MVP who had a will like this to win. Well you know what happen next.

KINGBAIZE
04-11-2011, 12:55 AM
This thread.:facepalm:

Cleveland?....really? All Cleveland did was shoot 3's and watch lebron score...and when the game was close against a top team, hope his superstardom could get to the freethrow line or hit a big shot to get the win.

This team is just that....a complete team. From top to bottom...coaching staff, to leaders, to role players, to superstar. One mindset... a "NBA CHAMPIONSHIP".

Cleveland...smh.:facepalm:

John Walls Era
04-11-2011, 01:04 AM
This thread.:facepalm:

Cleveland?....really? All Cleveland did was shoot 3's and watch lebron score...and when the game was close against a top team, hope his superstardom could get to the freethrow line or hit a big shot to get the win.

This team is just that....a complete team. From top to bottom...coaching staff, to leaders, to role players, to superstar. One mindset... a "NBA CHAMPIONSHIP".

Cleveland...smh.:facepalm:

Really? Cavs shot just as much 3s as their opponents. They also has a team that is top 10 in ORTG and DRTG. LINK (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2010.html)

IMO Bulls D is better and they have a better coach, but that doesn't make the thread -facepalm- worthy.

gotoHcarolina52
04-11-2011, 01:07 AM
Good luck with that projection :). Last time we had a really good team and had the MVP who had a will like this to win. Well you know what happen next.

Shipwreck in Chicago. Coming to a TV near you. Spring 2011.

boolish
04-11-2011, 01:09 AM
the only thing last year's CLE team does better than this year's CHI team is dance.

gotoHcarolina52
04-11-2011, 01:20 AM
the only thing last year's CLE team does better than this year's CHI team is dance.

and don't forget MILF hunting.

Arch Stanton
04-11-2011, 01:24 AM
This feels like another Cleveland hate thread.

cubswin25
04-11-2011, 01:24 AM
Really? Cavs shot just as much 3s as their opponents. They also has a team that is top 10 in ORTG and DRTG. LINK (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2010.html)

IMO Bulls D is better and they have a better coach, but that doesn't make the thread -facepalm- worthy.

Yes it does, because the Bulls have a lot better players then the Cavs did(along with better coach and better defense). Lebron would have loved to have Boozer still on the Cavs while he was there. Or even a player who is as good as Luol Deng.

ChI_ShIzzLe
04-11-2011, 01:36 AM

I don't know man, Noah might have something to say about that :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ3y5hTHuP4

hugepatsfan
04-11-2011, 01:40 AM
CHI to me is better defensively and they have more balance on offense. I don't think they are as solely dependent on Rose as CLE was on Lebron.

JB0B0
04-11-2011, 01:42 AM
CHI to me is better defensively and they have more balance on offense. I don't think they are as solely dependent on Rose as CLE was on Lebron.

This.

naps
04-11-2011, 01:55 AM
And the most important thing, the Bulls superstar isn't gonna quit on his team because he's looking forward to free agency, which is exactly what the Cavs superstar did.

wait, since when the bulls have one of Kobe, LeBron, or Wade? As far as I know they are the only legit superstars in this league.

As for this thread, NO this bulls team is better equipped. They will go farther. They are no one man team. LeBron won 66, 62 games literally all by himself last 2 years. Cavs had nothing to support LeBron.

Arch Stanton
04-11-2011, 02:09 AM
Yes it does, because the Bulls have a lot better players then the Cavs did(along with better coach and better defense). Lebron would have loved to have Boozer still on the Cavs while he was there. Or even a player who is as good as Luol Deng.

Mike Brown was a good defensive coach. His offensive schemes were a bit questionable but he was also dealing with LeBrick.

knicks_champ
04-11-2011, 02:13 AM
Nope... they are a complete team. The Cavs were not, all they had was James. The Bulls have to great big man and star PG and a great role player in Deng.

They are no where near the Cavs.

John Walls Era
04-11-2011, 02:24 AM

But you're forgetting about Lebron. Lebron makes that team really really good (might not be better than this year's Bulls, but who knows until playoff time). Thats why its not facepalm worthy... its not like we're comparing a powerhouse vs. a bottom dweller, both teams got the 1 seed.

Purple&Gold24
04-11-2011, 02:34 AM
Rose is not alone on this team. Everyone plays.

quade36
04-11-2011, 08:31 AM

Relax

Playoffs starting and this Knicks fan cares more about the Bulls losing then their team winning. Are all Knicks fans like this? Just curious because you all should be excited making the playoffs after all the crap you've had the last 10 years. But I've counted over 20 posts by this Knicks fan in this one thread. Sorry man. I am sorry you have such a hatred towards the bulls that you care more about them losing then you winning. I am surprised you aren't saying the Bulls will lose to the Pacers in the first round since you think they are so overrated.

Words of advice. (This may come when you get a little older) Appreciate the things you have instead of the things you don't have in life. Your team is vastly improved. You have two guys that are actual NBA players. You are the 7th seed in the playoffs. Enjoy that. Its a giant step from the Isiah Thomas days.

thawv
04-11-2011, 08:44 AM

...which make them better.

wmudford
04-11-2011, 09:27 AM
bulls have 1 borderline superstar(rose), 2 all-star caliber(noah,boozer), and 1 super role player(deng)

Cavs had 1 superstar and a bunch of roll players

And if they played a playoff series it would be a close matchup. That's how good lebron is

Team*Chicago
04-11-2011, 09:42 AM
People are just plain ******** when they talk about the Bulls that doesn't no anything about them. How the hell the Bulls went from being the Utah Jazz of the east to being the Cleveland Cavaliers of last year, the only team the Bulls are simular to is the 1991 Bulls that made it to the Finals against the Lakers and won.

MagicHero3
04-11-2011, 09:48 AM
I can agree that they are this years "version" of last yrs Clevland team in a couple of ways. This is bc they will not be able to win without Rose on the floor. They just barely beat the Magic (WITHOUT DWIGHT) and Rose had to go off scoring to beat them. Imagine if he was in foul trouble or sprained an ankle: The bulls (just like CLE) would maybe be half as good without him. He is their offense, and hes responsible for 40% of the scoring that happens (scores/assists a bucket 40% of possesions or something).

The only way they are like CLE is bc the high amount of wins based on the high performance of just one player on the team. If you lean too much on one guy, then when hes not available, your team will not succeed as easily.

MagicHero3
04-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Only if Delonte West meets D Rose's mom

nice

MagicHero3
04-11-2011, 10:11 AM
We're immune to the haters now. We're at a point where we'll just let our team do the talking on the court and then have the last laugh :)

uh...im sorry but the only way to be immune to haters is to ignore them and you guys do none of that lol

ChitownSports16
04-11-2011, 10:12 AM
I can agree that they are this years "version" of last yrs Clevland team in a couple of ways. This is bc they will not be able to win without Rose on the floor. They just barely beat the Magic (WITHOUT DWIGHT) and Rose had to go off scoring to beat them. Imagine if he was in foul trouble or sprained an ankle: The bulls (just like CLE) would maybe be half as good without him. He is their offense, and hes responsible for 40% of the scoring that happens (scores/assists a bucket 40% of possesions or something).

The only way they are like CLE is bc the high amount of wins based on the high performance of just one player on the team. If you lean too much on one guy, then when hes not available, your team will not succeed as easily.

But, But, But the Bulls have allstars around D.Rose and thats why he shouldnt get MVP!

And 2nd Bulls played like **** and still won. Anderson got I think 29pts and 4 to 6 from the 3. D12 would have not done that. Sorry pal but we are 3-1 you being with or without D12 vs the magic so stop making excuses. Ya starting to sound like most Heat fans.

MagicHero3
04-11-2011, 10:24 AM
And what if he does? Will you lose your manhood?

thats called baiting and makes you look hostile/ignorant/angry/sad

MagicHero3
04-11-2011, 10:27 AM
the only similarities i see between us and the cavs from last year is that we each have 1 superstar, #1 seed, and have 60+ wins. im pretty sure you can look throughout history and find plenty of teams that fit that build going into the playoffs.

Bulls bench >>> cavs bench
Thibs >>> Mike Brownbulls role players >>> cavs role players
bulls defense >>> cavs defense

don't even get me started on the intangible difference b/t the two.

are the spurs like the cavs of last year too? they have 60+ wins and the #1 seed. you can look at any two teams and pull out similarities between the two to try and prove a point, you have to look at the WHOLE picture though.

i OBVIOUSLY don't think the Spurs are like the Cavs, just trying to make a point that many teams have things that are similar b/t the two, doesn't mean that they are going to perform like them though.

Knicks fans really do like running their mouth. worry bout your own team nubs.

im confused...what makes him better than Brown? Brown has achieved more than him, all Thibs has done is make sure Rose is the one Scoring/Passing the ball. Isnt that all Mike Brown did?

MagicHero3
04-11-2011, 10:27 AM
[/B]

Playoffs are where you prove yourself homeboy. Its a whole different monster than regular season games.

MagicHero3
04-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Shoot, we've won 60 games this year and Noah and Boozer have missed a combined 57.

How many has Rose missed

THE_G.O.A.T.
04-11-2011, 10:55 AM
So what you are saying is that D. Rose is just as good as Lebron was last year? Can you say MVP!

MagicHero3
04-11-2011, 10:57 AM

if our role playing big man can start for Howard and put up those numbers on you guys, you have a little less room to brag about that win and a little more worrying to do about seeing us in the playoffs. Your best player put up 38 and still only won by 3 to a team missing its MVP candidate.
Im not asking you to admit were better than you, im just sayin you need to get off your high horse

Doogolas
04-11-2011, 10:58 AM
im confused...what makes him better than Brown? Brown has achieved more than him, all Thibs has done is make sure Rose is the one Scoring/Passing the ball. Isnt that all Mike Brown did?

How about come in his rookie year as a head coach and take a team that was merely solid defensively last year (11th) and turn them into the best defensive team in basketball, something Mike Brown never did with the Cavs.

prodigy
04-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Is Chicago this years Cleveland? well for bulls fans sake I hope not, that would mean Rose will ditch his home team on national TV.

I know people love to bash Cleveland's supporting cast. But the facts are nobody wins without stars. Lebron was our superstar and he refused to help the Cavs recruit. Kobe, Howard, Wade etc... they all recruited.