PDA

View Full Version : Which team suprised you the most this season?

six
04-09-2011, 10:56 PM
I'd say bucks. I was expecting them to go deep into the playoffs during the off season, surprisingly they didn't even make the playoffs. You could blame the injury bug.

And Bulls... jumping from the 8th seed last year to the #1 seed. Where they come from? No clue.....

Gators123
04-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Not gonna lie, I thought the Heat would win 65+ games this year.

kingbrentg
04-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Being honest, the Bulls are better than I expected. The Heat have been a little worse than I expected.

Also, I didn't expect the Spurs to be this good either.

marlinsfan24
04-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Bulls are way better then I expected. Heat are right around (win and seed wise) as I thought in the preseason.

pd7631
04-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Utah.....who would've thought that they'd be without Jerry Sloan and Deron Williams right now?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Spurs and Bulls. Both overachieved.

Lim
04-09-2011, 11:11 PM

both will be 2nd round exits. BAHAHAA

Cano4prez
04-09-2011, 11:15 PM
The Bulls, I saw them at a 3rd seed at best and I thought that was pushing it

SA5195
04-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Bulls and Spurs

stawka
04-09-2011, 11:20 PM
both will be 2nd round exits. BAHAHAA

Who the **** is that in your sig?

But back to the topic, DEFINITELY Bulls/Spurs with Denver/New York slightly behind -- for very different reasons lol

roshan3ai
04-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Sixers and Bulls

chicagocubsfan
04-09-2011, 11:21 PM
both will be 2nd round exits. BAHAHAA i'll sig bet you on that one

mzgrizz
04-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Thunder, Nuggets,and my boys the Grizz. Who would have thought Heisley's promise of playoffs by this year would come true?????

stawka
04-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Oh yeah. Memphis too. Fa shoooo'

Lim
04-09-2011, 11:31 PM
i'll sig bet you on that one

i only bet with real money cause im just baller like that

NYK4L
04-09-2011, 11:34 PM

This.

chicagocubsfan
04-09-2011, 11:38 PM
i only bet with real money cause im just baller like that :facepalm: cool story bro

allSUAVE
04-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Bulls by a MILE surprised the **** out of me

Cal827
04-10-2011, 12:57 AM
The Cavs. I knew that they would be a lot worse without Lebron (20-25 wins), but I thought that they would at least still contend for a lower seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs (which as we see, is an absolute disgrace). I thought that his numbers would be somewhat taken up by the other guys. But instead, they went from 60 wins to possibly 65 losses. I feel sorry for their fans, Gilbert used the hate letter to take advantage of a vulnerable fan base (when Lebron departed) and was able to fill his pockets on the hate (attendance is incredibly high for a team that might lose 65 games). It's a shame when an Owner puts their balance sheet over a teams fans. :facepalm:

What baffles me is that he didn't immediately try and use that TPE. Adding another guy that could score and was likely available (E.g. Granger, Iggy). Then the team would likely remain competitive (4-6 seed possibly, the Eastern Conference isn't exactly dominant) and then they could go through a full rebuild (once all of the vet contracts expire, since they have quite a few running past next year).

A team that surprised me (Overachieving) is the Hornets. Their future is in question, they basically have only Chris Paul and a few role players (especially since West is injured), yet they got into the playoffs. Well done.

king4day
04-10-2011, 01:00 AM
The Bulls dramatically improved this offseason so I don't consider it a surprise they are this good. Maybe that they got the 1 seed but if they didn't finish in the top 3 or 4 with that roster then it's inexcusible.

king4day
04-10-2011, 01:02 AM
The Bulls dramatically improved this offseason so I don't consider it a surprise they are this good. Maybe that they got the 1 seed but if they didn't finish in the top 3 or 4 with that roster then it's inexcusible.

I'd go with the Spurs. After a humbling postseason exit last year, I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought their time finally passed them by. Instead they may finish with the top record in the league.

NYKnicksSon
04-10-2011, 01:16 AM
bobcats.u have a guy who brought you a good year and to the playoffs and what do you do?give him away for nothing.I don't see s.Jackson staying either

Maichan
04-10-2011, 01:19 AM
As much as i want to say knicks ( :D ) i guess imma have to go with bulls.. going from 8th place last season to 1st :o ..

kimchi'sworld
04-10-2011, 01:20 AM
Well really since the trade the Denver Nuggets. I thought they were going to implode and not gel so quickly. They just seem to be deep at every position. Definitely a dangerous team.

Mcdoh
04-10-2011, 01:52 AM
bulls being no.1 seed and heat thought they break the jordan bulls win record...

k24magic
04-10-2011, 02:19 AM
I got two teams. First who wouldve thought the Philadelphia 76ers would contend for a possible 6th or 7th seed and be in the playoffs with that roster. They only won 27 games last year with a young roster, a banged up Elton Brand, and were one of the worst defensive teams in the league. This year they started 3-13 and looked like a team that was going to the lottery again. All of a sudden they are playing up-tempo putting guys in roles that they can succeed in. Making Elton Brand a big part of the offense, Thadddeus Young and Lou Williams are great off the bench, Jodie Meeks is great from the outside, Jrue Holiday is only going to get better, Andre Iguodala is playing to his strengths and is the guy they count on to lockdown opposing teams best scorer. Doug Collins is doing a great job with that team he has them playing well using that athleticism his team possess and they are a top 10 team defensively in a few categories. They are going to be a tough out especially if they play a team like Boston who in the past have trouble playing against athletic squads.

The second team is a team that in my eyes has underachieved and that team is the Milwaukee Bucks. I picked the Bucks over the Orlando Magic because the Magic for all their inconsistencies, terrible perimeter defense, D12's technicals, and the big trade they still won 50 games for the fourth consecutive season. Still the Bucks were suppose to be the Bulls after the success they had last season. What happened? Andrew Bogut is not the player he was last season when he should've made the all-star team last season. Brandon Jennings still cant shoot and cant finish close at the rim, the offense is even worse than it was last season, Corey Maggette hasn't helped them at all, CDR doesn't get consistent minutes, and last but not least the team really hasn't been together for long stretches because of injuries. The Bucks in the offseason need more scoring because the last two seasons the one thing that has been constant has been their defense. Thats been their main problem this season is their inability to score because they lost a lot of close games. If they can get Bogut 100% healthy and Jennings learns how to shoot straight and draw more fouls that will be a good start next season because I think they are better than Indiana the team that beat them to the 8th spot.

IversonIsKrazy
04-10-2011, 03:11 AM
Memphis didn't surprise me. Spurs & Bulls def did, being fans of both, I thought they both were going to finish 4th in each of their own conferences. Also, Philly surprised me. Lastly, I really underrated the Hornets and predicted a complete blow-up season, not even making playoffs, I was wrong about that.