PDA

View Full Version : The Top 10 Players This Year

The Prodigy
04-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Now that the season is practically over, not including playoffs ofcourse, who are the top 10 players in the league. Lets keep it clean with no bashing of others opinions and if you don't like the idea of the thread then just don't post, pretty simple.

1.Lebron
2.Wade
3.Kobe
4.Howard
5.Durant
6.Rose
7.Dirk
8.Chris Paul
9.Carmello
10.Deron Williams

DamnGoat
04-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Not sure I'd put Melo or Deron Williams in the top 10 this season.

I think Westbrook & maybe someone like Kevin Love deserve to be mentioned.

P-O-Z
04-09-2011, 07:48 PM
1 . Dwight Howard
2 . Derrick Rose
3 . Lebron James
4 . Dwyane Wade
5. Kobe Bryant
6 . Chris paul
7 . Dirk
8 . Durant
9 . Derron williams
10 . Manu

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Now that the season is practically over, not including playoffs ofcourse, who are the top 10 players in the league. Lets keep it clean with no bashing of others opinions and if you don't like the idea of the thread then just don't post, pretty simple.

1.Lebron
2.Wade
3.Kobe
4.Howard
5.Durant
6.Rose
7.Dirk
8.Chris Paul
9.Carmello
10.Deron Williams

1. Derrick Rose MVP
2. Howard
3. Kobe
4. LeBrick
5. Durant
6. Wade
7. Nowitzki
8. Paul
9. Westbrook
10. Love

drizzy101
04-09-2011, 07:58 PM
lebron
dwight
kobe
wade
durant
paul
williams
melo
rose
dirk

The Prodigy
04-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Not sure I'd put Melo or Deron Williams in the top 10 this season.

I think Westbrook & maybe someone like Kevin Love deserve to be mentioned.

You can make an argument for Westbrook, but not for Kevin Love. If your a top 10 player in the league you gotta have ur team atleast within playoff contention. Yea he puts up good numbers but there are plenty of PF I would take before him, and his play isn't translating to wins. Thats just my opinion on him though

goose15
04-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Lebron
Howard
Kobe
Wade
Durant
Rose
Dirk
Melo
Paul
Love

John Walls Era
04-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Love is a good player, but top 10? No one on a non playoff team deserves to be in the Top 10.

DamnGoat
04-09-2011, 08:10 PM
You can make an argument for Westbrook, but not for Kevin Love. If your a top 10 player in the league you gotta have ur team atleast within playoff contention. Yea he puts up good numbers but there are plenty of PF I would take before him, and his play isn't translating to wins. Thats just my opinion on him though
I get what you're saying, but as far as production he's easily definitely been one of the best players in the league this year. Not sure it's fair to single him out for being a bad team either. There are a lot of really good players on terrible teams.

Khalifa21
04-09-2011, 08:11 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwight Howard
3. Dwyane Wade
4. Kobe Bryant
5. Chris Paul
6. Dirk Nowitzki
7. Kevin Durant
8. Pau Gasol
9. Carmelo Anthony
10. Amar'e Stoudemire

Just on this season:

1. LeBron James
2. Dwight Howard
3. Dwyane Wade
4. Derrick Rose
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Kevin Durant
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Chris Paul
9. Amar'e Stoudemire
10. Carmelo Anthony

The Prodigy
04-09-2011, 08:14 PM
I get what you're saying, but as far as production he's easily definitely been one of the best players in the league this year. Not sure it's fair to single him out for being a bad team either. There are a lot of really good players on terrible teams.

Agreed but how many players in the history of this league have been a top 10 player at any time while there team wasn't in competition to make the playoffs.
Hes a terrific player, definitely in my top 20-30 but no where before that imo

goose15
04-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Love is a good player, but top 10? No one on a non playoff team deserves to be in the Top 10.

Its says top 10 players, not top 10 players on good teams.

drobe86
04-09-2011, 08:18 PM
1. Dwight Howard
2. Lebron James
3. Dwayne Wade
4. Kevin Durant
5. Derrick Rose
6. Kobe Bryant
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Chris Paul
9. Amare Stoudemire
10. Carmelo Anthony

DamnGoat
04-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Agreed but how many players in the history of this league have been a top 10 player at any time while there team wasn't in competition to make the playoffs.
KG comes to mind back when he was on some bad Minnesota teams.

Q_bully
04-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Derick rose
Dwight
Kobe
Lebrick
Dirk
Durant
Dwill
Cp3
Stat
Melo

WHODAT8o8
04-09-2011, 08:24 PM

So how is deron top ten. Nets or jazz aren't going to be in the playoffs.

The Prodigy
04-09-2011, 08:26 PM

True, but KG never allowed for the Wolves to have a bottom 3 record in the entire league. Nonetheless I expect a lot from Love and Beas next year if Rubio does happen to play

The Prodigy
04-09-2011, 08:28 PM
So how is deron top ten. Nets or jazz aren't going to be in the playoffs.

Theres nothing he can do about the Nets since he came so late when they already had a horendous record and he was injured, but when he was on the Jazz they were positioned to be somewhere between a 5-9 seed in the tough western conference

abe_froman
04-09-2011, 08:32 PM

yes,but if you read my sig there is an argument to why not.players effect their teams and opponents at all times.so with that being the case,if he's so good should he not elevate the team with his own play.if he isnt doing that than how great can he be considered?

kArSoN RyDaH
04-09-2011, 08:34 PM
1. Howard
2. Rose
3. Wade
4. Kobe
5. Durant
6. Lebron
7. CP3
8. Melo
9. Stat
10. K. Love

Duncan = Donkey
04-09-2011, 08:36 PM
How on gods earth do people have Deron Williams above Steve Nash. Im not even going to argue it, its bullcrap.

sportscrazed
04-09-2011, 08:49 PM
1. Howard
2. LeBron
3. Rose
4. Kobe
5. Durant
6. Wade
7. Melo
8. CP3
9. Amare
10. Dirk

John Walls Era
04-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Its says top 10 players, not top 10 players on good teams.

You can't be a top 10 player if you can't even get wins.

theheatles
04-09-2011, 08:56 PM
1. LeBron
2. Dwight
3. Wade
4. Rose
5. Kobe
6. Durant
7. Chris Paul
8. Dirk
9. Amare
10. Carmelo

AIMelo=KillaDUO
04-09-2011, 08:58 PM
lol if you have Melo below Dirk, CP, & Durant ur stupid.

ackar
04-09-2011, 09:02 PM
1 Rose
2 Kobe
3 Love
4 Dirk
5 Griffin
6 Howard
7 Lebron
8 Wade
9 Durant
10 Stat

John Walls Era
04-09-2011, 09:03 PM

1 Rose
2 Kobe
3 Love
4 Dirk
5 Griffin
6 Howard
7 Lebron
8 Wade
9 Durant
10 Stat

:laugh:

DamnGoat
04-09-2011, 09:03 PM
There's nothing stupid about it.

Melo hasn't been better than any of those players this season.

Swashcuff
04-09-2011, 09:05 PM
1 Rose
2 Kobe
3 Love
4 Dirk
5 Griffin
6 Howard
7 Lebron
8 Wade
9 Durant
10 Stat

:speechless: :laugh: :laugh2:

Swashcuff
04-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Durant>>>>>Melo
CP3>>>>>>Melo
Dirk>>>>>Melo
I don't think I need to explain this.

Melo is a BUM

:facepalm:

This is what Knicks fans talk about when they say that he's being hated on. You guys really don't have a life don't you?

swirl54
04-09-2011, 09:08 PM
1. Rose MVP
2. Kobe
3. Howard
4. LeBron
5. Durant
6. Wade
7. Dirk
8. CP3
9. Stat
10. Love

swirl54
04-09-2011, 09:09 PM
:facepalm:

This is what Knicks fans talk about when they say that he's being hated on. You guys really don't have a life don't you?

Face palm yourself. Did you even read what he said?

swirl54
04-09-2011, 09:10 PM
I would take all three of them no question > Melo wouldn't you compared to them he is second rate

ackar
04-09-2011, 09:12 PM
:laugh:

My opinion if you don't like too bad. Each one these guys have done great this year.

Saad
04-09-2011, 09:12 PM
1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3.Dwight
4.Wade
5. Rose
6. Durant
7. Dirk
8. Cp3
9.Stat
10. Melo

Swashcuff
04-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Face palm yourself. Did you even read what he said?

You called a top 15 player in the NBA and a top 3 scorer a BUM. That is the epitome of foolishness. Borderline baseless hatred.

swirl54
04-09-2011, 09:17 PM
You called a top 15 player in the NBA and a top 3 scorer a BUM. That is the epitome of foolishness. Borderline baseless hatred.

I meant comparing to dirk, cp3, and Durant. Isnt that an easy choice?

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 09:17 PM
1. Rose MVP
2. Kobe
3. Howard
4. LeBron
5. Durant
6. Wade
7. Dirk
8. CP3
9. Stat
10. Love

I would swap LeBron and Durant. Other than that :clap:

swirl54
04-09-2011, 09:18 PM
My opinion if you don't like too bad. Each one these guys have done great this year.

Haters gonna hate

Swashcuff
04-09-2011, 09:19 PM
I meant comparing to dirk, cp3, and Durant. Isnt that an easy choice?

He has not been as good as them but even in comparison to them he is NOT a bum. Their really isn't that huge of a gap between them.

swirl54
04-09-2011, 09:20 PM
I would swap LeBron and Durant. Other than that :clap:

I'm good with either way. Only reason LeBron is low is because when he has relied upon to win the games this year he hasn't.

Swashcuff
04-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Haters gonna hate

And putting LeBron James as the 7th best player this season when he has had the best season of any player in the league isn't hating? :rolleyes:

You guys really need to stop with the nonsense.

swirl54
04-09-2011, 09:21 PM
He has not been as good as them but even in comparison to them he is NOT a bum. Their really isn't that huge of a gap between them.

I was being dramatic i have him in my top 15 and like the guy.

Chi StateOfMind
04-09-2011, 09:21 PM
1.)Rose
2.)Howard
3.)LeBron
4.)Durant
5.)Wade
6.)Kobe
7.)Lamarcus Aldridge
8.)Dirk
9.)Stat
10.)Love or Westbrook

swirl54
04-09-2011, 09:23 PM
And putting LeBron James as the 7th best player this season when he has had the best season of any player in the league isn't hating? :rolleyes:

I have LeBron 4th stats aren't everything if they were he'd be first no doubt

ackar
04-09-2011, 09:24 PM

It is my opinion and too me the guys above him done better this year. It is all subjective, i personally thought Lebron should have done better he took a step back to me this year and so did Durant hence the low ranking from ME this year.

also show me one time I hated on Lebron.

Chi StateOfMind
04-09-2011, 09:32 PM
is lamarcus aldrigde not up there or am i just overrating him cuz he's in my top 10 this year

Swashcuff
04-09-2011, 09:32 PM
It is my opinion and too me the guys above him done better this year. It is all subjective, i personally thought Lebron should have done better he took a step back to me this year and so did Durant hence the low ranking from ME this year.

also show me one time I hated on Lebron.

I alluded to the poster calling others haters because they don't agree with you.

I am one of (maybe second next to Hawkeye) biggest Kevin Love defender on here but having him as the 3rd best player this season when he plays for the worst team and is the definition of unclutch is pretty telling to your "opinion". Either you just don't like other players, don't pay attention to them or you are just flat out hating.

I have LeBron 4th stats aren't everything if they were he'd be first no doubt

I never said anything about stats but every time someone starts saying anything about LeBron that's the typical rebuttal. Stats.

The Heat have played their best basketball this season at the same time LeBron has played his best basketball. His sustained high level of play equated to the heat team playing their best basketball. That team has gone where he has carried them in all honesty. His impact this season on the basketball court is matched by none other than Dwight Howard and the fact that he along with Wade are the glue that hold the Miami Heat defense (no inside presence defensively) says a lot about how well LeBron has played this season.

ackar
04-09-2011, 09:42 PM
I alluded to the poster calling others haters because they don't agree with you.

I am one of (maybe second next to Hawkeye) biggest Kevin Love defender on here but having him as the 3rd best player this season when he plays for the worst team and is the definition of unclutch is pretty telling to your "opinion". Either you just don't like other players, don't pay attention to them or you are just flat out hating.

I never said anything about stats but every time someone starts saying anything about LeBron that's the typical rebuttal. Stats.

The Heat have played their best basketball this season at the same time LeBron has played his best basketball. His sustained high level of play equated to the heat team playing their best basketball. That team has gone where he has carried them in all honesty. His impact this season on the basketball court is matched by none other than Dwight Howard and the fact that he along with Wade are the glue that hold the Miami Heat defense (no inside presence defensively) says a lot about how well LeBron has played this season.

Once again it is an opinion piece. But because i do not go with the norm of atypical top ten this year selection i am hating or not paying attention. I follow NBA closely and this is my opinion. When putting my list together I said to myself am I going to penalize a guy for not being on a winning team and I said no. so I put a guy who had almost 60 doubles, a great motor, had a few 20 & 20 games third on my list. why because we all bought into the year he was having until he slowed down a bit that is why I ranked him third. the year he had does not happen often. yes he played on a losing team and yes there are more gifted players and yes on a different team he might not achieved what he did but you know he did he is third my opinion.

John Walls Era
04-09-2011, 09:45 PM
is lamarcus aldrigde not up there or am i just overrating him cuz he's in my top 10 this year

Hes up there. So is Westbrook. Not Love or Amare though.

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 09:46 PM
1.)Rose
2.)Howard
3.)LeBron
4.)Durant
5.)Wade
6.)Kobe
7.)Lamarcus Aldridge
8.)Dirk
9.)Stat
10.)Love or Westbrook

LeBron and Wade are too high. Move them DOWN. Also, Kobe is a bit low.

Swashcuff
04-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Once again it is an opinion piece. But because i do not go with the norm of atypical top ten this year selection i am hating or not paying attention. I follow NBA closely and this is my opinion. When putting my list together I said to myself am I going to penalize a guy for not being on a winning team and I said no. so I put a guy who had almost 60 doubles, a great motor, had a few 20 & 20 games third on my list. why because we all bought into the year he was having until he slowed down a bit that is why I ranked him third. the year he had does not happen often. yes he played on a losing team and yes there are more gifted players and yes on a different team he might not achieved what he did but you know he did he is third my opinion.

Ok so since you did not factor in team record in the decision of Love, what is your basis for placing Derrick Rose at #1. I have no problem with it after all he is the MVP but let's say the Bulls had the worst record in the league would you still think he is the best player in the game?

Swashcuff
04-09-2011, 09:49 PM
LeBron and Wade are too high. Move them DOWN. Also, Kobe is a bit low.

Why?

ackar
04-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Ok so since you did not factor in team record in the decision of Love, what is your basis for placing Derrick Rose at #1. I have no problem with it after all he is the MVP but let's say the Bulls had the worst record in the league would you still think he is the best player in the game?

A good question but in order for the bulls not have a winning record Rose would not have been playing at the level he is currently playing at. the question you propose is a paradox: Rose plays the same but the Bulls lose which is were the problem comes in. do when down grade what rose has done or just take wins away from the Bulls but how can you take wins away without it effecting the play of Rose.

But let's say the bulls had the same record as the T-wolves and roses was still spectacular but not dominate somehow. I would not rank him number one. Why? because in order to make it believable Rose could not be dominate just good enough to be an all star but not MVP. So hence he would not be number one whoever is the MVP would be one to me.

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Why?

Because there are other players who have had much better seasons, especially intangibly.

Swashcuff
04-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Because there are other players who have had much better seasons, especially intangibly.

Please explain. The Heat are a top 5 defensive team with ZERO threat in the interior. How aren't those two players considered as having some of the best season's when speaking of intangibles?

And please could you explain these to us these players who have had much better seasons?

Swashcuff
04-09-2011, 10:16 PM
A good question but in order for the bulls not have a winning record Rose would not have been playing at the level he is currently playing at. the question you propose is a paradox: Rose plays the same but the Bulls lose which is were the problem comes in. do when down grade what rose has done or just take wins away from the Bulls but how can you take wins away without it effecting the play of Rose.

Actually no the question I proposed is not a paradox. You sir said that despite record your basis for choice was based solely on individual play.

I am in no way downgrading what Derrick has done he has been phenomenal to say the very least but HE is only one man and if we are basing this solely on individual play wouldn't your basis hold true regardless of team record. Derrick could not have led the Bulls to such a great season if he didn't have such a fantastic staff and supporting cast aiding him in his effort.

But let's say the bulls had the same record as the T-wolves and roses was still spectacular but not dominate somehow. I would not rank him number one. Why? because in order to make it believable Rose could not be dominate just good enough to be an all star but not MVP. So hence he would not be number one whoever is the MVP would be one to me.

Well I see that but I don't agree. I don't think MVP automatically means that you are the best player in the league.

I think you are confused in your logic because you are in some ways playing two sides of he fence.

I mean if a curve ball is thrown and Dwight is named MVP do you think he is the best player or are you basing your opinion on who you think is most deserving of the MVP award?

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 10:16 PM
Please explain. The Heat are a top 5 defensive team with ZERO threat in the interior. How aren't those two players considered as having some of the best season's when speaking of intangibles?

And please could you explain these to us these players who have had much better seasons?

Defense is measured statistically, as is offense. Intangibles are different, they concern, by definition, attributes which are not readily quantifiable. For instance, Derrick Rose is not having as good a season as LeBron James when measured statistically, that is, in terms of raw offensive and defensive production and efficiency. Yet, for all LeBron's statistical prowess, he cannot hold a candle to Rose's leadership, heart, gracefulness, poise, maturity, and overall passion to will his team to victory. Such qualities must be taken into account in any legitimate inquiry into the players who are having the "best" seasons. And that's why LeBron and Wade fall short to players like Rose, Howard, Durant and Kobe.

The fact that the Heat haven't fared well at all against elite opponents and have a dreadful record in games decided by a handful of points or less attests to this.

Swashcuff
04-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Defense is measured statistically, as is offense.

Oh really?

So you mean to tell me as a Bulls fan your team's great D this season can only be measured statistically?

And not by hard work commitment, tenacity strong leadership, chemistry etc etc

You couldn't be more wrong. I don't need to look at a single stat to see that the Bulls are a good defensive team I just look at Kurt Thomas' commitment and Ronnie Brewer's impact and spark, Luol Deng's determination. I don't need to look at the box score to see that Derrick Rose has molded himself into one of the better defensive players in the NBA.

Intangibles are different, they concern, by definition, attributes which are not readily quantifiable. For instance, Derrick Rose is not having as good a season as LeBron James when measured statistically, that is, in terms of raw offensive and defensive production and efficiency. Yet, for all LeBron's statistical prowess, he cannot hold a candle to Rose's leadership, heart, gracefulness, poise, maturity, and overall passion to will his team to victory. Such qualities must be taken into account in any legitimate inquiry into the players who are having the "best" seasons. And that's why LeBron and Wade fall short to players like Rose, Howard, Durant and Kobe.

I am sorry but none of that makes any sense to me you mean to tell me that LeBron who led a team who may not even win 20 games this season to back to back 60 win seasons is not a leader? Or Wade who has put on some of the greatest post season displays of maturity and leadership aren't leaders? You are telling me that Derrick Rose plays with more heart, gracefulness, poise, maturity, leadership and overall passion to will his team to victory than KOBE BRYANT?

Have you watched any other team other than the Bulls play this season? Both LeBron and Wade have been able to "will their team to victory" on numerous occasions. It takes a great leader to learn how to follow and when to defer. Derrick has shown that this season just as much as Wade, LeBron, Kobe and Dirk.

This is what I am reading that these are what you use as your basis for evaluating players but totally showing bias towards a certain group and dislike to another group? C'mon dude get real.

The fact that the Heat haven't fared well at all against elite opponents and have a dreadful record in games decided by a handful of points or less attests to this.

How about the fact that they assembled this team in the off-season and more seasoned and better teams just flat out beat them. Maybe the fact that they lack an NBA quality starting C and PG has been targeted by their opponents. Maybe it lies on the fact that their interior D has been lackluster. to say the least. I can clearly tell that you haven't payed much attention to the Heat outside of trying to bash them for everything that they don't do at an extremely high level.

Knicks21
04-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Defense is measured statistically, as is offense. Intangibles are different, they concern, by definition, attributes which are not readily quantifiable. For instance, Derrick Rose is not having as good a season as LeBron James when measured statistically, that is, in terms of raw offensive and defensive production and efficiency. Yet, for all LeBron's statistical prowess, he cannot hold a candle to Rose's leadership, heart, gracefulness, poise, maturity, and overall passion to will his team to victory. Such qualities must be taken into account in any legitimate inquiry into the players who are having the "best" seasons. And that's why LeBron and Wade fall short to players like Rose, Howard, Durant and Kobe.

Wow. What a post, Rose is like God to you people. Lebron does not fall short to anyone, he is the best player in the league, period. Look im not a fan of him, but people are underestimating him severly, i would take Lebron any day of the week over Rose. You need to look at the cast around Rose, the team is built better and has a better coach. Rose is having a fantastic season, yes he maybe Number 1. But i am not so quick, nor many of the people on psd to judge a player after he has had one fantastic season. He has had a fantastic season and yes he has a strong case for being at the top this season, but he is not the best in the league. MVP which is quite obvious going to be Rose, Is a measure of who is most valuable to their respected team. I still believe we are yet to see the true Heat.

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Wow. What a post, Rose is like God to you people. Lebron does not fall short to anyone, he is the best player in the league, period. Look im not a fan of him, but people are underestimating him severly, i would take Lebron any day of the week over Rose. You need to look at the cast around Rose, the team is built better and has a better coach. Rose is having a fantastic season, yes he maybe Number 1. But i am not so quick, nor many of the people on psd to judge a player after he has had one fantastic season. He has had a fantastic season and yes he has a strong case for being at the top this season, but he is not the best in the league. MVP which is quite obvious going to be Rose, Is a measure of who is most valuable to their respected team. I still believe we are yet to see the true Heat.

Amen. :clap:

John Walls Era
04-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Why?

You question every single post that isn't the same as yours. People are allowed to have opinions.

Swashcuff
04-09-2011, 11:08 PM
You question every single post that isn't the same as yours. People are allowed to have opinions.

You do know that that poster is a Heat fan who is playing games by going around and posting as fans of another team right?

And isn't this a forum where we all come to debate? Why can't I look for a healthy debate. If you have a problem then don't watch. I am just trying to understand their reasoning there is nothing wrong with that. Its not like I laughed at another posters top 10 I simply asked his reasoning behind it.

Chacarron
04-09-2011, 11:11 PM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwight Howard
3. Dwyane Wade
4. Derrick Rose
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Kevin Durant
7. Dirk Nowitzki
8. Chris Paul
9. Amar'e Stoudemire
10. Russell Westbrook

knicksfan42
04-09-2011, 11:14 PM
You question every single post that isn't the same as yours.

He understands the reasoning behind the posts which are similar to his.

People are allowed to have opinions.

And he's allowed to ask why those people hold the opinions they hold.

Hiphopopotamus
04-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Well if it is this year: Rose, LBJ, Howard, Kobe, Wade, CP3, Durant, Dirk, Manu, pre-Melo Amare

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 11:15 PM
And isn't this a forum where we all come to debate? Why can't I look for a healthy debate. If you have a problem then don't watch. I am just trying to understand their reasoning there is nothing wrong with that. Its not like I laughed at another posters top 10 I simply asked his reasoning behind it.

Yes, this is a place for debate en masse, or mass debate if you will. I must say, you are quite good at mass debating. I appreciate your knack for the art.

John Walls Era
04-09-2011, 11:33 PM
You do know that that poster is a Heat fan who is playing games by going around and posting as fans of another team right?

Yes you're allowed to debate, but the guy clearly isn't looking for one.

Also the :laugh: sparks the debate.

nitric
04-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Why do people have Rose anywhere near top 3?
1. LeBron
2. Dwight
3. Dwyane
4. Derrick
5. Kobe
6. Durant
7. Dirk
8. Amare
9. Chris Paul
10. Keith

LOOTERX9
04-09-2011, 11:41 PM
Lebron
Howard
Kobe
Wade
Durant
Rose
Dirk
Melo
Paul
Love

Cool list but Swap MELO and Wade positions. And Dirk is soft top 10 player

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 11:54 PM
Cool list but Swap MELO and Wade positions.

:no:

xxplayerxx23
04-10-2011, 12:02 AM
This year
1.Rose
2.Lebron
3.howard
4.Kobe
5.Durant
6.Dirk
7Cp3
8.Pau gasol
9.Westbrooke
10.Aldrige
11.stat
12.Melo :D

Avenged
04-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Dwight
Lebron
Wade
Rose
Kobe
Durant
Dirk
Chris Paul
Pau Gasol
Amare

sargon21
04-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Lebron
Dwight
Wade
Rose
Durant
Kobe
Dirk
Amare
CP3
Westbrook

SteBO
04-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Dwight
Lebron
Wade
Rose
Kobe
Durant
Dirk
Chris Paul
Pau Gasol
Amare
In that order?

Avenged
04-10-2011, 12:12 AM
In that order?

Out of the top of my head without looking at stats or anything, for this season, yeah. I was reluctant to leave the [future?] MVP out of the top 3 but his team has a whole lot to do with that.

SteBO
04-10-2011, 12:16 AM
Out of the top of my head without looking at stats or anything, for this season, yeah. I was reluctant to leave the [future?] MVP out of the top 3 but his team has a whole lot to do with that.
Oh alright. On that note, my top 10.....

LeBron
Kobe
Dwight
Wade
Durant
Rose
Dirk
Paul
D-Will
Amare
Melo

sargon21
04-10-2011, 12:17 AM

LeBron
Kobe
Dwight
Wade
Durant
Rose
Dirk
Paul
D-Will
Amare

I think you have Kobe too high...

Avenged
04-10-2011, 12:20 AM

LeBron
Kobe
Dwight
Wade
Durant
Rose
Dirk
Paul
D-Will
Amare

That's not to say I think some players ranked higher are better overall, just that for this season, taking into account team success, I would rank them in that way.

As for Kobe, he's a bit high. He hasn't played like the #2 best player in the league this season. I have him higher in the top 5 if anything (for this season). I think Dwight's impact on the defensive end and his improvement offensively has made him the #1. I still think Lebron is the best player overall though.

SteBO
04-10-2011, 12:23 AM
:speechless: I thought this was this decade :facepalm: In that case.....

LeBron
Dwight
Wade
Durant
Kobe
Rose
Dirk
Paul
D-Will
Amare

PrettyBoyJ
04-10-2011, 12:24 AM
If were talking this year the list goes like this...

D. Rose
LBJ
Dwight Howard
Kevin Durant
D. Wade
Kobe Bryant
Dirk
Amare
Melo
CP3

Jewelz0376
04-10-2011, 12:31 AM
For this season only so far I go

1) D12
2) Lebron
3) Wade
4) Kobe
5) Rose
6) Durant
7) Dirk
8) Cp3
9) Pau
10) Amare/Melo

These will change during the postseason for me

nitric
04-10-2011, 12:34 AM
I honestly believe Rose has had a greater season th an Kobe. He's also been the better closer

Crackadalic
04-10-2011, 12:37 AM
:speechless: I thought this was this decade :facepalm: In that case.....

LeBron
Dwight
Wade
Durant
Kobe
Rose
Dirk
Paul
D-Will
Amare

good list

BklynKnicks3
04-10-2011, 12:42 AM
how can someone in their right mind say amare better then melo lol

Swashcuff
04-10-2011, 12:45 AM
how can someone in their right mind say amare better then melo lol

To begin the season wasn't Amare's name being thrown around in the MVP discussion? Wouldn't that in itself attest to how good a season he is having?

gotoHcarolina52
04-10-2011, 12:51 AM
I honestly believe Rose has had a greater season th an Kobe. He's also been the better closer

I think so too. I also think Rose is having a slightly better season than Durant. :shrug:

kimchi'sworld
04-10-2011, 01:16 AM
1.LeBron
2.Rose
3.Howard
4.Wade
5.Kobe
6.Durant
7.Paul
8.Nowitski
9.Stoudemire
10.Anthony

What?
04-10-2011, 02:06 AM
This season
1.) Dwight
2.) Lebron
3.)Wade
4.)Kobe
5.)Durant
6.)Rose
7.) Paul
8.) Dirk
9.) Westbrook
10.)Gasol

sargon21
04-10-2011, 02:20 AM
Rose-Durant is very close.

John Walls Era
04-10-2011, 02:35 AM
This season
1.) Dwight
2.) Lebron
3.)Wade
4.)Kobe
5.)Durant
6.)Rose
7.) Paul
8.) Dirk
9.) Westbrook
10.)Gasol

Wow +1. I'd move Rose to top 3 though... no denying what hes done this year.

k24magic
04-10-2011, 02:50 AM
1. LeBron James
2. Dwight Howard
3. Derrick Rose
4. Dwyane Wade
5. Kobe Bryant
6. Kevin Durant
7. Chris Paul
8. Deron Williams
9. Dirk Nowitzki
10. Amar'e Stoudemire

lakeshow3peat
04-10-2011, 03:37 AM
1. Kobe
2. Rose
3. Love
4. Wade
5. Durant
6. Howard
7. Carmelo
8. Ray Allen - making history has to get the put in
9. Lamar odom
10. Lebron

Kashmir13579
04-10-2011, 03:47 AM
'Melo is going crazy right now. i could fit him in there if i tried.