PDA

View Full Version : Can the Knicks pull an upset in first round?

Pages : [1] 2

Kashmir13579
04-08-2011, 09:46 PM
They will likely be playing against either Miami or Boston in the first round. Feel free to weigh in on either potential match-up.

'Melo has turned it on (defensively as well as offensively) and Chauncey is back to his old self. I might add that the bench isn't looking bad at all. They all seem to be gelling, finally.

What are their chances?

noteworthy: their final 2 games of the season are against Chicago and Boston. These games will be great to measure where they're at as a team.

Please keep it civil. Thanks. :)

Draco
04-08-2011, 09:47 PM
they have a loyd christmas chance of winning but i'll root for them anyway.

albertc86
04-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Melo and Amare would have to play out of their minds. Billups would probably have to play huge too.

ManRam
04-08-2011, 09:54 PM
I don't know.

I think Boston can flip that proverbial "switch".

I think LeBron and Wade can step it up enough to get it done...I also think Miami plays much better defense.

I'm leaning towards no. But either way...their series will be the most intriguing round 1 EC playoff series.

Hoopsadvocate
04-08-2011, 09:56 PM
jesus christ there was another one of these like a few days ago. Knicks fans just because u win a couple games your not all of a sudden good to upset anyone. Next week they will lose a couple and they will go away again and then in the playoffs they will win a game and all of a sudden we will see 2-3 more threads saying they can upset who they are playing.

Crackadalic
04-08-2011, 10:00 PM
They will likely be playing against either Miami or Boston in the first round. Feel free to weigh in on either potential match-up.

'Melo has turned it on (defensively as well as offensively) and Chauncey is back to his old self. I might add that the bench isn't looking bad at all. They all seem to be gelling, finally.

What are their chances?

noteworthy: their final 2 games of the season are against Chicago and Boston. These games will be great to measure where they're at as a team.

Please keep it civil. Thanks. :)

Kash you are well aware its not gonna be civil:D

I think its possible. Our bench has become more productive then i thought. When the trade was made the bench was pretty bad but the last two weeks they have pulled through. Defense will be better just because were not playing anything scrub teams. Ive watch this team long enough that we play better defense against the better teams.

As to who we match up well probably miami but maybe boston. Its basically pick your poison but i still don't believe people isnt scared of a Billups/Melo/Amare trio

Kashmir13579
04-08-2011, 10:02 PM
jesus christ there was another one of these like a few days ago. Knicks fans just because u win a couple games your not all of a sudden good to upset anyone. Next week they will lose a couple and they will go away again and then in the playoffs they will win a game and all of a sudden we will see 2-3 more threads saying they can upset who they are playing.

It was an open ended question. i didn't "(say)" the Knicks could upset anyone. i don't think this thread is out of line.

justinnum1
04-08-2011, 10:03 PM
no

Ray_R
04-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Not likely, they dont play any defense to try to stop either Wade or Lebron.

tyfreaks brotha
04-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Nope

NYK|NYY
The CHI/BOS are irrelevant for next week, fully expect starters to be resting.

bal_ravens
If Douglas and Fields can step it up, I think they can advance.

Fields seems to have vanished since the big trade.

Draco
04-08-2011, 10:09 PM
The CHI/BOS are irrelevant for next week, fully expect starters to be resting.

Maybe Boston but I'm not sure Chicago 'rests'. But limited minutes if there's a healthy lead for sure.

Hoopsadvocate
04-08-2011, 10:10 PM
It was an open ended question. i didn't "(say)" the Knicks could upset anyone. i don't think this thread is out of line.

I didnt mean to imply its out of line just that a new thread shouldn't be made after a couple wins. I mean just a few weeks ago u were all struggling so hard it looked like NY all but gave up on the season and was looking more to establish chemistry and now threads are popping up about being a potential upset in the playoffs, like come on. If u waited till after the chicago and boston game i understand but it seems dumb no offense.

Hoopsadvocate
04-08-2011, 10:14 PM
But the answer is the same as its always been, No.

Why because you play no defense at least not consistently enough to win 4 out of 7 games. Your team is still going through its up and downs figuring each other out and no way everyone all of a sudden just clicks and gets it right during the most maticulous basketball period of the year. No way.

koetravis
04-08-2011, 10:15 PM
i think if they played boston then they would. but they would be creamed by miami!

Slimsim
04-08-2011, 10:17 PM
We do play defense Just not as good as a team like Chicago or Boston.

allSUAVE
04-08-2011, 10:18 PM
WHY the HELL did you start this thread for guy! smh!

mttwlsn16
04-08-2011, 10:19 PM
if they play boston i say they lose in 5, 6 games at most
if they play miami i say they can win it, but i see them losing in 7

Kashmir13579
04-08-2011, 10:19 PM
I didnt mean to imply its out of line just that a new thread shouldn't be made after a couple wins. I mean just a few weeks ago u were all struggling so hard it looked like NY all but gave up on the season and was looking more to establish chemistry and now threads are popping up about being a potential upset in the playoffs, like come on. If u waited till after the chicago and boston game i understand but it seems dumb no offense.

I'm sorry you feel that way. The reality is that the Knicks are currently the hottest team in basketball and back in the playoffs for the first time since 2003. the timing couldn't be better imo. I didn't see any other related threads otherwise i would have thought otherwise.

You didn't have to post in here, yet you did, AND you answered the question in your opinion; thus, the thread served its purpose. Thank you!:)

IamKaiserSoze
04-08-2011, 10:23 PM
sure they can. it's doubtful...but they can. i don't know who you guys would match up better with...but (potential) game 7 on the road is tough...anywhere.

i actually think you guys were better off before the trade. maybe you just lost role players, but every team needs the right role players

Cano4prez
04-08-2011, 10:25 PM
No.

allSUAVE
04-08-2011, 10:26 PM
why did you start this thread

do you think heat fans going to come in hear and say yes yall can

netsgiantsyanks
04-08-2011, 10:27 PM
personally and truly, i don't think they will. the team as a whole needs more time to gel. i may be wrong, but i doubt it.

:laugh2: funny charles barkley commercials

Kashmir13579
04-08-2011, 10:31 PM
why did you start this thread

do you think heat fans going to come in hear and say yes yall can

Why does what the Heat fans say bother you so much? Obviously they will say no just like you would say yes. Its a sports forum, dude. Miami fans are entitled to believe their team will win. If i wanted watered down-homeristic answers i would've posted in the Knicks forum.

Crackadalic
04-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Golden state had the worst defense during the 2006-2007 and beat the mavs who had the 4th best defense that year. Obviously its different for us but don't write us off just yet. #Justsayin

lamzoka
04-08-2011, 10:36 PM
knicks vs heat = knicks in 6http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/images/smilies/applause.gif
knicks vs celtics = Celtics in 7

NYsFinest
04-08-2011, 10:49 PM
sure they can. it's doubtful...but they can. i don't know who you guys would match up better with...but (potential) game 7 on the road is tough...anywhere.

i actually think you guys were better off before the trade. maybe you just lost role players, but every team needs the right role players

Knicks would have 7 home games in a series with Miami.

Role players can be replaced, stars are much harder to get. If the knicks can steal away a big man like marc gasol, deandre jordan, mcgee etc etc they will be a very tough team to beat next year. Knicks actually play scrappy on D and force a bunch of turnovers, the reason their defense sucks is because they got jared jeffries and ronny turiaf currently defending the paint.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
04-08-2011, 10:52 PM
They can but I don't think they will.

Ray_R
04-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Golden state had the worst defense during the 2006-2007 and beat the mavs who had the 4th best defense that year. Obviously its different for us but don't write us off just yet. #Justsayin

Layoff twitter. :D

DoMeFavors
04-08-2011, 11:00 PM
This is like saying can Memphis pull an upset against Lakers.

TylerSL
04-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Can they? Yes, anything can happen in the playoffs. I mean Golden State beat Dallas in 2007.......

Will they? Probably not, they dont play defense, and Miami and Boston do.....

TylerSL
04-08-2011, 11:03 PM

accually Memphis could give anybody trouble.

h2r09
04-08-2011, 11:06 PM
any team with 2 stars can, but they wont because there team mission is completely ridiculous in a playoff series.

netsgiantsyanks
04-08-2011, 11:08 PM

man, just shut the hell up, really.

NYsFinest
04-08-2011, 11:10 PM

As a guy who had a sig of melo with a nets jersey on you shouldn't be allowed to have that current one....

But I'm ok with it since it has to suck rooting for a team who has won 36 of its last 160 games and just traded their 3rd pick, a top 5 pick, another potential lottery pick and a top 10 PG for a star to play 12 meaningless games this year and probably about 10 in next years lockout shortened season before all the deron trade rumors pop up because of speculation of him leaving.... great move.

Kashmir13579
04-08-2011, 11:12 PM
man, just shut the hell up, really.

As a guy who had a sig of melo with a nets jersey on you shouldn't be allowed to have that current one....

But I'm ok with it since it has to suck rooting for a team who has won 36 of its last 160 games and just traded their 3rd pick, a top 5 pick, another potential lottery pick and a top 10 PG for a guy to play 12 meaningless games this year and probably about 10 in next years lockout season before all the deron trade rumors pop up because of speculation of him leavings.... great move.

ignore him and he'll go away. don't fuel the fire.

bringbackfredex
04-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Nope, a squad of 2 stars, an above average player, and bums can't win a first round series against an elite team like the Heat.

Now the Sixers on the other hand, watch out if they get the Celtics, a youthful exciting team that plays at a fast pace against an older team that is on the decline. If that matchup happens you can book an upset, especially with the defense the Sixers have played in the second half of the season.

Evolution23
04-08-2011, 11:14 PM
in the words of KG, "ANYTHINGS POSSIBLEEEE!"

SteBO
04-08-2011, 11:14 PM
The Knicks can absolutely pull an upset in the first round. However, they more than likely won't because of lack of consistent defense. Whether it's MIA or BOS, they better not take them lightly though, otherwise they will get burned.

TylerSL
04-08-2011, 11:15 PM

But I'm ok with it since it has to suck rooting for a team who has won 36 of its last 160 games and just traded their 3rd pick, a top 5 pick, another potential lottery pick and a top 10 PG for a star to play 12 meaningless games this year and probably about 10 in next years lockout shortened season before all the deron trade rumors pop up because of speculation of him leaving.... great move.

accually, he has the Knicks losing out on Lebron in his sig.

DoMeFavors
04-08-2011, 11:17 PM
I cant believe the hate im getting! WOOO
All im saying is look at the Heat and their record and then look at the Knicks who wouldnt be in the playoffs in the West.

NYsFinest
04-08-2011, 11:18 PM
accually, he has the Knicks losing out on Lebron in his sig.

Reread what I wrote... he HAD a melo sig but makes fun of knicks fans with lebron signs

Slimsim
04-08-2011, 11:20 PM
I don't care if we don't make it to the second round this year i just want to make it extremely Extremely Hard for the miami heats

yangx620
04-08-2011, 11:21 PM
idk..isnt it knicks vs heat right now? i jsut dont think they can beat the heat..although i want them too...unless wade gets hurt again and melo plays shut down mode on lbj

Kashmir13579
04-08-2011, 11:21 PM
I don't care if we don't make it to the second round this year i just want to make it extremely Extremely Hard for the miami heats

i hear you... i just wanna see competitive basketball one way or another.

sep11ie
04-08-2011, 11:22 PM
I like chicken pot pie.

DoMeFavors
04-08-2011, 11:24 PM
If its Heat vs Knicks
Wade and LeBron will do anything to get the win, and they will be selfish probably 40 pts for each and getting to the foul line everytime.
4 wins for HEAT 0 wins for KNICKS

Slimsim
04-08-2011, 11:26 PM
I like chicken pot pie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdyrwdZMpYg

Crackadalic
04-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Nope, a squad of 2 stars, an above average player, and bums can't win a first round series against an elite team like the Heat.

Now the Sixers on the other hand, watch out if they get the Celtics, a youthful exciting team that plays at a fast pace against an older team that is on the decline. If that matchup happens you can book an upset, especially with the defense the Sixers have played in the second half of the season.

You mean the scrubs that beat your team tonight? We barely played our stars tonight with Amare out. Thought your team would put up a bigger fight in the 4th since we played d-league talent but i guess not.

And you act like we don't play a face pace offense in your argument of the 76ers against the C's. We can more then enough hold our own

oak2455
04-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Look out I hear the TROLL:speechless::speechless::speechless:

danniboi168
04-08-2011, 11:36 PM
If its Heat vs Knicks
Wade and LeBron will do anything to get the win, and they will be selfish probably 40 pts for each and getting to the foul line everytime.
4 wins for HEAT 0 wins for KNICKS

But right now its Knicks 4 Wins, Nets 0 Wins.

_KB24_
04-08-2011, 11:37 PM
I don't think they stand a chance against the C's in a series. Boston just has too much depth for the Knicks. I think a series against the Heat would be a very, very interesting one. Both teams are top-heavy teams who rely on 2-3 players to get the job done on the offensive end. Miami's team defense is far superior but Melo can guard Bron better than anyone in the league and Amare can bully Bosh on the block. Two biggest x factors would be the Knicks role players like Fields and Billups coming through and Wade going off at the weak Knicks defense.

DoMeFavors
04-08-2011, 11:37 PM
But right now its Knicks 4 Wins, Nets 0 Wins.

2001-2008
20 wins for Nets
6 wins for Knicks

danniboi168
04-08-2011, 11:38 PM
2001-2008
20 wins for Nets
6 wins for Knicks

Why don't you stop living in the past?

IversonIsKrazy
04-08-2011, 11:38 PM
I hope they upset Heat lol. Can they, to do so, they'll have to play A LITTLE defense, and Billups has to be a part of a big 3, not a role player

DoMeFavors
04-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Why don't you stop living in the past?

Take Patrick Ewing out of your sig then.

DragonJaii
04-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Take Patrick Ewing out of your sig then.

LOL, its a troll being mad that his team got whooped tonight.

Crackadalic
04-08-2011, 11:42 PM
I hope they upset Heat lol. Can they, to do so, they'll have to play A LITTLE defense, and Billups has to be a part of a big 3, not a role player

o billups will come through. just like his shot over wade last game

Kashmir13579
04-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Yo... are you guys seriously quoting DoMeFavors? you're as bad as he is. be mature and ignore him. enough of this petty BS. all you have to do is ignore him and he will eventually feel neglected and lose interests. how is that not obvious?!

bringbackfredex
04-08-2011, 11:44 PM
You mean the scrubs that beat your team tonight? We barely played our stars tonight with Amare out. Thought your team would put up a bigger fight in the 4th since we played d-league talent but i guess not.

And you act like we don't play a face pace offense in your argument of the 76ers against the C's. We can more then enough hold our own

Everyone has off nights, according to your argument, the Cavs are better than you guys. And you actually did us a favor taking us out of the 6th seed, I want no part of the Heat.

And we have a better chance against the C's because we're younger than you, we're faster than you, and most importantly we play worlds better defense than you.

DragonJaii
04-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Yo... are you guys seriously quoting DoMeFavors? you're as bad as he is. be mature and ignore him. enough of this petty BS. all you have to do is ignore him and he will eventually feel neglected and lose interests. how is that not obvious?!

I quote whoever i want to.

knicks4life33
04-08-2011, 11:48 PM
we definatley can but it will be tough

Crackadalic
04-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Everyone has off nights, according to your argument, the Cavs are better than you guys. And you actually did us a favor taking us out of the 6th seed, I want no part of the Heat.

And we have a better chance against the C's because we're younger than you, we're faster than you, and most importantly we play worlds better defense than you.

Outside of that little run when billups went down we basically own you guys last game. You saw how we played defense and did it well.

We have players 3 times more playoff experience then anybody on your team combine. Good luck handling the C's though.

DragonJaii
04-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Knicks can def pull an upset, i saw the philly vs ny game, and they seem to be coming together.

bringbackfredex
04-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Outside of that little run when billups went down we basically own you guys last game. You saw how we played defense and did it well.

We have players 3 times more playoff experience then anybody on your team combine. Good luck handling the C's though.

If you're really trying to argue that the Knicks play better defense than the Sixers, well then you're just an absolute fool...

RZZZA
04-08-2011, 11:58 PM
sure, why not?

I was doubting the Knicks for a while there, but then they went on this nice 6 game run and I've backed off my criticism of them a bit now. I was waiting for the Knicks to play well consistently and it looks like they may finally have begun to do it.

I was screaming "Don't bet on the Knicks!" to everyone who would listen a while back, but now I've stopped. Betting on the Knicks doesnt seem so dumb any more.

Crackadalic
04-09-2011, 12:00 AM
If you're really trying to argue that the Knicks play better defense than the Sixers, well then you're just an absolute fool...

Never said we play better defense then yall. Don't put words in my mouth. Our offense is good enough to win us games but when need be we know how to turn it on and ive seen this team do it time and time again pre and post melo trade.

NYKnicksSon
04-09-2011, 12:03 AM
the Knicks obviously want to face the heat over celtics.idk if any of you watched the playoffs last year but Boston looked great.the heat don't scare anyone,and Probably half of the heat fans here were cavs fans last year.Melo loves going head to head against lebron,which is why he's won most of the games.and since most of u are former cav fans,I'm sure u remember that J Melo hit in lebrons face last year in ot.

What?
04-09-2011, 12:09 AM
Anythings possible I guess but it would take a Lebron 08 vs Pistons esque performance from Carmelo for it to happen or either Wade or Lebron would need to choke REALLY badly and even if 1 of those things happen I still would put the Knicks chances at 50% at best

abe_froman
04-09-2011, 12:12 AM
unlikely but not impossible.that series will be crazy to watch though

smood999
04-09-2011, 12:14 AM
i think ppl saying the knicks have no chance r a little biased....1) if u have arguably 2 of the top 15 players in the league on ur team u always have a chance...2) if u have the best player on the court u always have a chance(as would be the case w boston)...3)ppl see the knicks losing but dont realize that since the trade theyve mostly lost to lottery teams and mostly beat the good teams...4) what if the knicks have really started to gel...it took mia 17 games or so...this is game 20 something for the knicks and theyre on a 6 game win streak in which most of the games theyve held a 15 plus point lead at one point...5) break down the players piece by piece melo and amare battle tested through the west..both have carried their teams to wcf at one point..billups 6 straight ecf or something like that and one championship....6) knicks weakness size and bench...heat weakness size and bench...celtics weakness if shaq is out, size....7) billups melo stat > garnett allen pierce at this point its just a question of working together which they r showing glimpses lately and although wade bron bosh > melo stat billups mostly cause of wade and bron, imo its not that far off and melo stat own those three head to head through out their careers and we have the clutch factor on our side...idk just my opinion and if for no reason at all just look at the warriors mavs...the 99 knicks...pho last yr who had no business going that far

RangersMets
04-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I would think we have a legit shot at pulling an upset.

What's the fun in even having the first round of the playoffs if there isn't possibilities for upsets?

LOL @ DoMeFavors citing dates that he can't remember because he was breast feeding at that time.

knicks_champ
04-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Of course! People criticize our defense but that's because they put no effort into it. But in the playoffs you will see that effort all game long. Look at how we play defense in big situation games we always bring the intensity.

So I wouldn't be surprised if we upset a team.

king4day
04-09-2011, 12:25 AM
It's possible but I just can't seeing them beating either Boston or Miami. NY has been winning lately but not very impressive wins considering who they've beaten and how much they've given up.
I hope they do though. If they somehow could beat Miami, that would kick off what would likely be a heated rivalry for the next 4-5 years.

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 12:26 AM
It's possible but I just can't seeing them beating either Boston or Miami. NY has been winning lately but not very impressive wins considering who they've beaten and how much they've given up.
I hope they do though. If they somehow could beat Miami, that would kick off what would likely be a heated rivalry for the next 4-5 years.

the philly win was impressive. Gave up less than 100. Beat a good team in a close game.

Kashmir13579
04-09-2011, 12:27 AM
If they somehow could beat Miami, that would kick off what would likely be a heated rivalry for the next 4-5 years.

i think no matter who wins that will be the case. Lebron made it so.

TheRunKiller
04-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Knicks could beat Miami in a 7 game series. Both have no size or depth should be fun

oak2455
04-09-2011, 12:30 AM
i think no matter who wins that will be the case. Lebron made it so.

your Sig is sick.........:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: cool ****:D

ewmania
04-09-2011, 12:32 AM
But the answer is the same as its always been, No.

Why because you play no defense at least not consistently enough to win 4 out of 7 games. Your team is still going through its up and downs figuring each other out and no way everyone all of a sudden just clicks and gets it right during the most maticulous basketball period of the year. No way.

ok and miami offense sucks so i doubt they will beat chicago or boston if they get passed philly or new york

yea miami is a great defensive team but they offense is complete doo doo

last time i checked championships result in both ends of the floor

ala LA Lakers for the past 2 years

ewmania
04-09-2011, 12:35 AM
Knicks could beat Miami in a 7 game series. Both have no size or depth should be fun

exactly im not for over rating my team the knicks

but people overrate miami as if they won 8 rings already. these guys havent proved anything just like the Knicks

Lebron has been getting floored by celtics and orlando since 2008 and wade was either missing the playoffs or getting kicked out the first round

for the past 2 years amare and melo got there teams to the western conference finals

this can go either way, knicks and miami are both undersized

knicks lacks strong defense and miami lacks strong offense... it can go either way

TheRunKiller
04-09-2011, 12:36 AM
I'd watch every single game of a knicks-heat series and i hate both teams

oak2455
04-09-2011, 12:37 AM

but people overrate miami as if they won 8 rings already. these guys havent proved anything just like the Knicks

Lebron has been getting floored by celtics and orlando since 2008 and wade was either missing the playoffs or getting kicked out the first round

for the past 2 years amare and melo got there teams to the western conference finals

knicks lacks strong defense and miami lacks strong offense... it can go either way

this is true good post

smood999
04-09-2011, 12:38 AM
IF this does happen i cant wait to see ppls reaction who actually think its that farfetched...IF it goes 6 or 7 games regardless of the outcome i wonder if that will get ppls respect (mostly heat fans)...

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 12:39 AM
I'd watch every single game of a knicks-heat series and i hate both teams

it will be very entertaining. CANT WAIT bart scott voice

oak2455
04-09-2011, 12:40 AM
it will be very entertaining. CANT WAIT bart scott voice

that quote in your sig is funny:D

TheRunKiller
04-09-2011, 12:40 AM

Hell yeah good post

NYKnicksSon
04-09-2011, 12:47 AM
I see DoMeFavors isn't popular amongst knick fans eh?

KniCks4LiFe
04-09-2011, 01:16 AM
LOLs you could say that. But what do you expect from the self proclaimed man watching in hallways w/ the black leather jacket. :laugh2:

Honestly and I'm the least homer out of most Knicks fans, I actually still want D'Antoni fired, but honestly, really? They can knock out any team in the Eastern Conference. Including Chicago and Boston.

It's funny how people forget Stat and Melo in thier respective teams were the ones who threatened most of the Western Conference playoff teams. Kobe Bryant knows how much of a competitor Melo & Stat are when the post season arrives. Tim Duncan knows how dangerous Stat really is. You have both and Chauncey, do you realize, all it takes is if the Knicks go blow for blow and thier bench which is a perimeter threat between Douglas/Walker/Williams they can drop 10 - 15 pts. on a run. If the Knicks play transistion D and rebound just a bit..any team is in trouble.

Because if the game is on the line, last possessions Melo/Chauncey or Stat can all hit a dagger. Can they knock a team out in the 1st rd. most certainly, will they? that's yet to be seen, but highly possible.

DamnGoat
04-09-2011, 01:23 AM
I don't think they can beat either Miami or Boston and unfortunately for them that's who they'd draw in Round 1.

Bulls_fan90
04-09-2011, 01:31 AM
I think they can. Their best chance would be against the Heatles. Knicks in 7.

Fnom11
04-09-2011, 01:55 AM
Can a sub par team takeout a contender? Not likely.

Jewelz0376
04-09-2011, 01:58 AM
I think they can. Their best chance would be against the Heatles. Knicks in 7.

:laugh: at ur sig

smood999
04-09-2011, 02:39 AM

sub par as far as they need more time to gel...fine..mia was in the same boat 9-8 and a long losing streak last month or so...so i guess theyre sub par also.....now sub par as far as talent and potential absoulutely not

latinofire21
04-09-2011, 02:43 AM
The last 3 games of the season are very meaningful. Atlanta is on a serious slide. They have lost 3 straight. Atlanta has 3 games remaining and Knicks have 3 as well. If Atlanta loses all 3 and Knicks win all three they will have the same record with the season series being a split as well. How is it decided who gets the 5th seed by that scenario?

cubswin25
04-09-2011, 02:51 AM
I don't think the Knicks could beat the Celtics. But I do think they have a small chance to beat the Heat. If the Heat allow them to get in their heads with all the hype that series would get and don't play the defense they are capable of playing. That said the Heat will probably beat them in 5-6 games. Knick fans need to stop getting so high and so low with this team. What two weeks ago they hated them and thought they were bums, and now they are gonna win it all again? Not much as changed, they have just played a little better basketball against mostly mediocre teams. Come playoff time they still have no size in the middle, no rebounder and just don't flat out play enough defense. Mix that with not being very deep and well they aren't gonna be a team that goes far in the playoffs.

BradyIsTheMan12
04-09-2011, 03:10 AM
I would guess no, but they certainly have some pieces that could scare their opponent. I doubt a higher seed is chomping at the bit to go against Carmelo, Amare, and Billups..

meloman1592
04-09-2011, 03:14 AM
I think they can if billups plays @ a superstar level.

WHODAT8o8
04-09-2011, 04:29 AM
Anybody can upset anybody, that's the point of it being called an "upset."

KniCks4LiFe
04-09-2011, 04:50 AM

What makes your team above this happening to them? or Chicago or Boston? I don't see a definitive team in the East. Can a sub par team take out a contender..IDK lets see.

http://youtu.be/7V0Hm2Sh_AU

lilojmayo
04-09-2011, 04:50 AM
You better believe they can as Knicks fans have seen the last 2 weeks the hype is real about Carmelo Anthony.

JDMVP
04-09-2011, 06:22 AM
Well the question is if they can pull an upset, YES they can because unlike the other lower seed teams the Knicks have 2 LEGIT superstars and a very dangerous playoff tested PG. So if they pull the upset i would not be shock.

Champology
04-09-2011, 07:00 AM
Great shot against Miami, Boston doubt it. Go Knicks!

Nighthawk
04-09-2011, 07:03 AM
Heres a better question.

Will New York play ANY defense in the first round?

Also, Billups, Melo, Amare...if they win its no upset, lol

Champology
04-09-2011, 07:03 AM
What makes your team above this happening to them? or Chicago or Boston? I don't see a definitive team in the East. Can a sub par team take out a contender..IDK lets see.

http://youtu.be/7V0Hm2Sh_AU

Have you been watching? EVERYBODY WAKE UP..the BULLS are repin the EAST they have NO CHALLENGERS, NONE.

knickerbockerny
04-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Knicks v Heat, NBA make this happen, fix the last copy of games or something. The Knicks have too much offensive firepower for the Heat and in all heart of hearts our best players match up perfectly against theirs (Amare v Bosh, Melo v Lebron, Fields or Billups v Wade).

Now after those match ups who is going to stop Toney Douglas and co. off of the Knicks bench?

Hoopsadvocate
04-09-2011, 09:22 AM
ok and miami offense sucks so i doubt they will beat chicago or boston if they get passed philly or new york

yea miami is a great defensive team but they offense is complete doo doo

last time i checked championships result in both ends of the floor

ala LA Lakers for the past 2 years

Lol our offense is crap huh?

http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/offensive-efficiency

We have a better offensive rating than your Knicks and are only below in offensive efficiency than the spurs and Houston check your facts.

Hoopsadvocate
04-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Knicks v Heat, NBA make this happen, fix the last copy of games or something. The Knicks have too much offensive firepower for the Heat and in all heart of hearts our best players match up perfectly against theirs (Amare v Bosh, Melo v Lebron, Fields or Billups v Wade).

Now after those match ups who is going to stop Toney Douglas and co. off of the Knicks bench?

I'm sorry iv never heard anyone but a knick fan say melo and lebron Matchup well but even more ridiculous is to think billups or a ROOKIE can match up with one of the top 3 players in the game. This is a joke!

sportscrazed
04-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Knicks can pull an upset because they have Carmelo Anthony.

and Amare

mikealike305
04-09-2011, 09:29 AM
lol no no no..... knicks wont win more than 2 games.

29$JerZ
04-09-2011, 09:34 AM
If you're tired of Knick threads don't post in them, stop complaining.
Imo NY can pull an upset. We have the least expectations and least pressure unlike Miami with their "Big 3" and Boston/Chicago/Orlando who are technically in win now mode.

We'll see

knickerbockerny
04-09-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm sorry iv never heard anyone but a knick fan say melo and lebron Matchup well but even more ridiculous is to think billups or a ROOKIE can match up with one of the top 3 players in the game. This is a joke!

Exactly why I can't wait for the two teams to match up! You think Melo can't contain Lebron and I think otherwise. I think Lebron will have a problem defending Melo and you believe otherwise.

Dwayne is about 6'4" at best! He is hard to stop I would admit, but Fields is about 6'8" and will be able to contain him and if not, the defenders will come at him in waves. The last time the Knicks played the Heat Anthony Carter had Wade on smash!!!!

Make it happen Stern! Miami's talents will not reach the second round this season!

29$JerZ
04-09-2011, 09:37 AM

A Melo and LeBron matchup is ridiculous? Despite LeBron's defense he really isn't a Melo stopper or vice versa, it would be a fun matchup too see.

Miami is clearly a better defensive team but NY isn't an easy knock out. I don't see why people are really saying it would be an easy knock out. It's Billups/Melo/Amar'e who are all good playoff performers vs. Wade/LeBron who are the only legit playoff players on Miami that can light it up. It's going to be a crazy series back and forth, no one is going to go down fast.

knickerbockerny
04-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Heat fans think too highly of their team, lets call it spade is spade, the Heat are at least a season away from being legit contenders as the Knicks. But unlike the Knicks there is no pressure.

I can't wait to see the Knicks space the floor with three 3 point shooters and Amare and Melo on each side of the court.

Missing56&33
04-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Can the Knicks pull an upset in first round?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are their chances?

Please keep it civil. Thanks

Yes, the Knicks can pull an upset in the first round. What are their chances? Their chances of pulling a first round upset is much greater than it was before the all star break. We have Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups in the mix now they bring playoff experience with them that was lacking for the last 7years......we have guys that have been there so i look for a hard fought first round match up .....whether its Boston or Miami. Whats great about this team now is that they are going into the game expecting to win(not just be happy to be there) we have competitive players that know how to close out games.

I'm very excited about our chances!

mikealike305
04-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Knicks can pull an upset because they have Carmelo Anthony.

and Amare

oh good argument there....

mikealike305
04-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Heat fans think too highly of their team, lets call it spade is spade, the Heat are at least a season away from being legit contenders as the Knicks. But unlike the Knicks there is no pressure.

I can't wait to see the Knicks space the floor with three 3 point shooters and Amare and Melo on each side of the court.

lmao heat fans think to highly of their teams says the knick fan.

just feel lucky the knicks are even in the post season

Missing56&33
04-09-2011, 10:03 AM
lmao heat fans think to highly of their teams says the knick fan.

just feel lucky the knicks are even in the post season

Also If the Knicks play Miami we have a huge advantage because the Heat fans are split with Knick fan base. The cheer for the Knicks more than the Heat at times. Atlanta fans as well.

Hoopsadvocate
04-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Exactly why I can't wait for the two teams to match up! You think Melo can't contain Lebron and I think otherwise. I think Lebron will have a problem defending Melo and you believe otherwise.

Dwayne is about 6'4" at best! He is hard to stop I would admit, but Fields is about 6'8" and will be able to contain him and if not, the defenders will come at him in waves. The last time the Knicks played the Heat Anthony Carter had Wade on smash!!!!

Make it happen Stern! Miami's talents will not reach the second round this season!

No actually I think melo will get his he's a dominant scorer like lbj and wade his defense now that is not anywhere near dominant or consistent. So I fully expect melo and lebronto get around 25+. But the difference is nobody in this league anymore plays purely one on one it usually team defense that contains people and nyteam defense isn't stoping or containing anyone for 4 games.

Your reasoning for why wade would be contained by fields just because he is taller is borderline mentally ********. Ifthat were true wade would be held down by 3/4 of the league sg/sf who guard him. And your teams help defense is not stopping him as we've seen plenty of times ur teams defense is one ofthw worst in the league. Anthony Carter played him well for 1 game and now u think he can consistently stop him in a 7 game series? Come on man, come on u don't hear me saying just because Joel Anthony stopped contained amare in one game that amares gonna be a non factor. It's stupid reasoning. If this was like the NCAA tournament I'd agree u guys have a shot but it's a series!! u guys can't win a series.

oak2455
04-09-2011, 10:07 AM

Of course you would say that.....look out Heat...LOL:clap: here come the Knicks!!!!!

justinnum1
04-09-2011, 10:08 AM
If the knicks meet miami in the first round, the series won't last longer than 6 games. We saw what lbj can do at msg. And fields guarding wade? lmfao Sheridan said the other day fields might not even see time in the playoffs, the guys stock has teaken a huge hit lol. If you guys are expecting to be in the 2nd round, you are in for a rude awakening.

knickerbockerny
04-09-2011, 10:09 AM
No actually I think melo will get his he's a dominant scorer like lbj and wade his defense now that is not anywhere near dominant or consistent. So I fully expect melo and lebronto get around 25+. But the difference is nobody in this league anymore plays purely one on one it usually team defense that contains people and nyteam defense isn't stoping or containing anyone for 4 games.

Your reasoning for why wade would be contained by fields just because he is taller is borderline mentally ********. Ifthat were true wade would be held down by 3/4 of the league sg/sf who guard him. And your teams help defense is not stopping him as we've seen plenty of times ur teams defense is one ofthw worst in the league. Anthony Carter played him well for 1 game and now u think he can consistently stop him in a 7 game series? Come on man, come on u don't hear me saying just because Joel Anthony stopped contained amare in one game that amares gonna be a non factor. It's stupid reasoning. If this was like the NCAA tournament I'd agree u guys have a shot but it's a series!! u guys can't win a series.

Tom-maa-toe or To-ma-toe you say that and I say this! Its whatever!!! I pray the two face off in the first round, so the Knicks can send you guys to an early vacation.

Hoopsadvocate
04-09-2011, 10:10 AM
A Melo and LeBron matchup is ridiculous? Despite LeBron's defense he really isn't a Melo stopper or vice versa, it would be a fun matchup too see.

Miami is clearly a better defensive team but NY isn't an easy knock out. I don't see why people are really saying it would be an easy knock out. It's Billups/Melo/Amar'e who are all good playoff performers vs. Wade/LeBron who are the only legit playoff players on Miami that can light it up. It's going to be a crazy series back and forth, no one is going to go down fast.

I never said lebron was a melo stopper. But a all defense sf an a top defense TEAM can stop melo much more than a non all defensive player and his low ranked defensive team won't contain ANYONE especially the number 2 scorer in he league if u forgot.

knickerbockerny
04-09-2011, 10:12 AM
If the knicks meet miami in the first round, the series won't last longer than 6 games. We saw what lbj can do at msg. And fields guarding wade? lmfao Sheridan said the other day fields might not even see time in the playoffs, the guys stock has teaken a huge hit lol. If you guys are expecting to be in the 2nd round, you are in for a rude awakening.

That was when the the Knicks lacked Melo and Billups. We seen what the Knicks can do with those guys in America Airlines Arena. Amare took flight like a jet blue! Pun intended!!!

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/i57.jpeg

NYK4L
04-09-2011, 10:17 AM
I cant believe the hate im getting! WOOO
All im saying is look at the Heat and their record and then look at the Knicks who wouldnt be in the playoffs in the West. :facepalm:

This guys team wouldn't even make a D-League playoff.

justinnum1
04-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Miami would probably set the record for most points in the paint. With amare guarding the rim, might as well roll out a red carpet for wade and lebron.

knickerbockerny
04-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Miami would probably set the record for most points in the paint. With amare guarding the rim, might as well roll out a red carpet for wade and lebron.

And the Knicks would probably set the record for the most three point shots made in a playoff series, you see where I'm going with this?

Hoopsadvocate
04-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Tom-maa-toe or To-ma-toe you say that and I say this! Its whatever!!! I pray the two face off in the first round, so the Knicks can send you guys to an early vacation.

If u wanna think of it that way fine but I'm pointig out facts while ur just spittin out opinions.

Fact: My team plays defense and has all team defensive players so they can stop and have proven to contain players.

Fact: my team has 2 of the top 5 scoters in the league and 3rd highest offside efficiency rating aka we can score against anyone.

Fact: your team doesn't play and isn't ranked well in any defensive category not does it have a ranked all team defensive player. So it's not like they stop regular players not to mention the rediculous claim that they can contain two of the top five scoreers in the league.

Fact: you have scorers and can score well and that's ur obvious strength but we still beat u in many offensive categories.

U can steal a game probably but those are the facts and they point heavily in my favor.

Hoopsadvocate
04-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Alright knick fans since if your so confident that u can upset us put your money where ur mouth is and sig bet me?

BALLER R
04-09-2011, 10:24 AM
if they go into the playoffs on a roll then i believe they can. We seen things like this happen before a team is hot going into the playoffs and then pull out an upset

Badluck33
04-09-2011, 10:26 AM
only way the knicks can pull an upset in the 1st round is if they play someone like Cleveland or Washington who both aren't in the playoff so the answer is NO!

mikealike305
04-09-2011, 10:26 AM
And the Knicks would probably set the record for the most three point shots made in a playoff series, you see where I'm going with this?

they would be the heat have a little trick up their sleve....

something the knicks done know much about....

its defense

justinnum1
04-09-2011, 10:28 AM

No, miami is one of the best 3pt defensive teams, NY has one of the worst defenses around the rim especially, not to mention NY rebounding is a joke.

Wade and lebron are the best tandem wing defenders in the league. Amare and shawne williams guarding the rim is an epic fail waiting to happen. Miami is no perfect team, but compared to NY, they are much better.

29$JerZ
04-09-2011, 10:38 AM
I never said lebron was a melo stopper. But a all defense sf an a top defense TEAM can stop melo much more than a non all defensive player and his low ranked defensive team won't contain ANYONE especially the number 2 scorer in he league if u forgot.

Like I said
Miami is going to clearly be a bigger favorite than NY but NY has shown it can hang with anyone and when your capable of doing that anything can happen.

Do I expect NY to automatically make the 2nd round? No
However I do know it will be a hard fought series and we may actually win.
Not that hard to believe. Billups/Melo/Amar'e are playoff stars essentially, its not like we are an 8th seed who just squeezed in and have no fighting chance. NY is a dangerous team, low expectations but a lot of fire power in yr 1.

knickerbockerny
04-09-2011, 10:42 AM

Okay dude this was the post you are alluding to as facts. You began your first paragraph my using the pronoun "I" which automatically makes what you are saying and opinion, which is the opposite of fact.

Then you begin your second paragraph by giving more opinion to try and disprove my opinion. "Fact" of the matter is when the Knicks matched up with the Heat with their new team Anthony Carter and co. held Dwayne Wade to 12 points which was far less than the 40pts he had on the Knicks earlier in the season, without a defender like Carter. Fact

If u wanna think of it that way fine but I'm pointig out facts while ur just spittin out opinions.

Fact: My team plays defense and has all team defensive players so they can stop and have proven to contain players.

Fact: my team has 2 of the top 5 scoters in the league and 3rd highest offside efficiency rating aka we can score against anyone.

Fact: your team doesn't play and isn't ranked well in any defensive category not does it have a ranked all team defensive player. So it's not like they stop regular players not to mention the rediculous claim that they can contain two of the top five scoreers in the league.

Fact: you have scorers and can score well and that's ur obvious strength but we still beat u in many offensive categories.

U can steal a game probably but those are the facts and they point heavily in my favor.

Fact your team only has two all NBA defenders, not a team made up of all NBA defenders. (Lebron and Wade (second team)) Are Wade and Lebron going to defend Amare, the same cat who averaged almost 40pts a game against a Tim Duncan in his prime in the playoffs? Is big Z going to try and defend him to keep Rupaul out of foul trouble?

Fact my team (the Knicks) also have 2 of the top 5 scorers in the league and and are .2 off of being the team league leaders in points per game. So its not we can score against anyone, "we do score against anyone"!!!

Mike D'Antoni does not preach defense we all know that, but the Knicks goal is to outscore their opponent. With that said the Knicks have some good individual defenders. (Jeffries, Carter, Douglas, Derrick Brown, and Turiaf)

The Knicks beat the Heat in ppg, assist per game, free throws, three point field goals, what are you saying. The Knicks own the Heat on the offensive end.

Its going to be a matchup of wills! And I expect the Knicks to come out on top.

mikealike305
04-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Like I said
Miami is going to clearly be a bigger favorite than NY but NY has shown it can hang with anyone and when your capable of doing that anything can happen.

Do I expect NY to automatically make the 2nd round? No
However I do know it will be a hard fought series and we may actually win.
Not that hard to believe. Billups/Melo/Amar'e are playoff stars essentially, its not like we are an 8th seed who just squeezed in and have no fighting chance. NY is a dangerous team, low expectations but a lot of fire power in yr 1.

they shown they can hang with anyone..... in the reg season. a 7 game series is very different. billups isnt doing great. NY isnt a dangerous team. NYs offense is dangerous.

they win 1 game. 2 games max

knickerbockerny
04-09-2011, 10:45 AM
only way the knicks can pull an upset in the 1st round is if they play someone like Cleveland or Washington who both aren't in the playoff so the answer is NO!

And the Knicks are scared of the Bulls. We beat them twice already. The Knicks record out of all the teams in the league is not indicative of potential playoff success. They had a big trade cloud over team for the better part of December and made a big trade in February.

This same roster with a full training camp is easily top 4.

knickerbockerny
04-09-2011, 10:46 AM
they shown they can hang with anyone..... in the reg season. a 7 game series is very different. billups isnt doing great. NY isnt a dangerous team. NYs offense is dangerous.

they win 1 game. 2 games max

And what the hell has the heat shown in the playoffs just yet?! As the Knicks the players are different.

knickerbockerny
04-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Okay SteBO I understand that you are a Heat fan before a mod, but what did I say that was worth editing my post.

save the knicks
04-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Yes

I Can't wait for those sweet Miami heat bandwagon tears

mikealike305
04-09-2011, 10:51 AM
And what the hell has the heat shown in the playoffs just yet?! As the Knicks the players are different.

im sorry i didnt realize i said the heat have shown something in the playoffs.
i must of typed that and didnt notice or something.
maybe a mod changed what i said and put that the heat have shown something in the playoffs.

what i was saying is that so what if NY has shown they can beat some good teams. it means nothing if they cant do it in a 7 game series

knickerbockerny
04-09-2011, 10:53 AM
maybe a mod changed what i said and put that the heat have shown something in the playoffs.

what i was saying is that so what if NY has shown they can beat some good teams. it means nothing if they cant do it in a 7 game series

The same could be said about the Heat, who have a relatively different team from past seasons.

Slimsim
04-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Miami fans are afraid. They rather play Indiana in the first round They have to play either Philly or NY two tough teams in the first round If they make it out to the second round they have to play Boston a team they have yet to beat in the regular season and if they some how make it to the Eastern finals they probably have to play Chicago another team they fail to beat in the regular season. Amazing how Cocky heats fans are.

Slimsim
04-09-2011, 10:56 AM

you can say the same about the heats. First time both these teams are playing a playoff series with their new teams.

mikealike305
04-09-2011, 10:59 AM
The same could be said about the Heat, who have a relatively different team from past seasons.

and u are right. all i was saying is that reg season doesnt mean much going into the playoffs..... for any team.... not just NY... not just the HEAT

mikealike305
04-09-2011, 11:01 AM
you can say the same about the heats. First time both these teams are playing a playoff series with their new teams.

read post #146....

and to your "afraid" post..... lol.... i been PRAYING that the heat get the 2nd seed.... there is nothing id rather see than a Miami vs NY round 1

Hoopsadvocate
04-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Okay dude this was the post you are alluding to as facts. You began your first paragraph my using the pronoun "I" which automatically makes what you are saying and opinion, which is the opposite of fact.

Then you begin your second paragraph by giving more opinion to try and disprove my opinion. "Fact" of the matter is when the Knicks matched up with the Heat with their new team Anthony Carter and co. held Dwayne Wade to 12 points which was far less than the 40pts he had on the Knicks earlier in the season, without a defender like Carter. Fact

Fact your team only has two all NBA defenders, not a team made up of all NBA defenders. (Lebron and Wade (second team)) Are Wade and Lebron going to defend Amare, the same cat who averaged almost 40pts a game against a Tim Duncan in his prime in the playoffs? Is big Z going to try and defend him to keep Rupaul out of foul trouble?

Fact my team (the Knicks) also have 2 of the top 5 scorers in the league and and are .2 off of being the team league leaders in points per game. So its not we can score against anyone, "we do score against anyone"!!!

Mike D'Antoni does not preach defense we all know that, but the Knicks goal is to outscore their opponent. With that said the Knicks have some good individual defenders. (Jeffries, Carter, Douglas, Derrick Brown, and Turiaf)

The Knicks beat the Heat in ppg, assist per game, free throws, three point field goals, what are you saying. The Knicks own the Heat on the offensive end.

Its going to be a matchup of wills! And I expect the Knicks to come out on top.

You dont read well apparently as u jar reiterated why I said. I know we have two all NBA defenders that's what I said and I sad we have a top ranked defensive team on top of that. Aka we are good at defense ad much better than u all.

And okay if ur going to use that logic about how anthoy Carter is going to atop wade then I'm going to say FACT : Joel Anthony contained amare in the first game at msg so that means he will contain him all series long just how u claim anthony Carter will contain wade. Stupid right? Because it's just 1 game Anthony Carter never coatings wade ever b4 on the billion teams he was on.

Oh and my apologies I was Wrong we don't have be only top two scorers in the league we actually have 2 of th top 3 (2 and 3 to be precise) and u guys have 4/5 and last time I checked 2/3 is better than 4/5.

So we beat u in both categories.

But if ur so confident sig bet me I put it out there if urbtruely confident ull have no problem because u won't lose right?

Slimsim
04-09-2011, 11:04 AM
read post #146....

and to your "afraid" post..... lol.... i been PRAYING that the heat get the 2nd seed.... there is nothing id rather see than a Miami vs NY round 1

of course your not afraid. But a true heat fan Would be your suppose to win 7 Championships lets see if they can win 1

knickerbockerny
04-09-2011, 11:07 AM
You dont read well apparently as u jar reiterated why I said. I know we have two all NBA defenders that's what I said and I sad we have a top ranked defensive team on top of that. Aka we are good at defense ad much better than u all.

And okay if ur going to use theologic bag anthoy Carter is going to atop wade ongoing to say FACT : Joel Anthony contained amare in the first game at msg so that means he will contain him all series long just how u claim anthony Carter will contain wade. Stupid right? Because it's just 1 game Anthony Carter never coatings wade ever b4 on the billion teams he was on.

Oh and my apologies I was Wrong we don't have be only top two scorers in the league we actually have 2 of th top 3 (2 and 3 to be precise) and u guys have 4/5 and last time I checked 2/3 is better than 4/5.

So we beat u in both categories.

But if ur so confident sig bet me I put it out there if urbtruely confident ull have no problem because u won't lose right?

And Amare also had a 30pt game on Joel right?

And Amare and Melo can each easily pass Wade in the ppg league leaders with a 40plus game tomorrow. :facepalm:

When do the playoffs start again?!

Hoopsadvocate
04-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Still no sig bets? Come on Ny fans if u truly think we will lose to u then u should have no problem with this bet. Unless of course y'all are just blowing smoke.

metsfanssince05
04-09-2011, 11:09 AM
"When your in the playoffs anything can happen." - Carmelo Anthony

Hoopsadvocate
04-09-2011, 11:11 AM
And Amare also had a 30pt game on Joel right?

And Amare and Melo can each easily pass Wade in the ppg league leaders with a 40plus game tomorrow. :facepalm:

When do the playoffs start again?!

Lol they cam but they won't for now wades on top so it fact ur is just an opinion AGAIN.

So u keep ignoring th sig bet. If your truly so confident then do it. Heck that's why I am and I've never done one before. I'm not sure web they start but Thursday the last game of the reg season so I would assume within 2 weeks from now.

SteBO
04-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Honestly, I don't get why everyone feels they need to underestimate their opponents. NY has two viable scorers, and a clutch performer in Chauncey Billups, but MIA has two of the top 5 players in the league, and a good defensive system. That what in the playoffs, not just outscoring your opponents. But it's silly to count out the Knicks. It will be a pretty fun series. You can count on that.

Hustla23
04-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Honestly, I don't get why everyone feels they need to underestimate their opponents. NY has two viable scorers, and a clutch performer in Chauncey Billups, but MIA has two of the top 5 players in the league, and a good defensive system. That what in the playoffs, not just outscoring your opponents. But it's silly to count out the Knicks. It will be a pretty fun series. You can count on that.
You're silly.

SteBO
04-09-2011, 11:16 AM
You're silly.
ok

Hustla23
04-09-2011, 11:18 AM
ok
You're ok.

Slimsim
04-09-2011, 11:20 AM

I agree

knickerbockerny
04-09-2011, 11:23 AM
Lol they cam but they won't for now wades on top so it fact ur is just an opinion AGAIN.

So u keep ignoring th sig bet. If your truly so confident then do it. Heck that's why I am and I've never done one before. I'm not sure web they start but Thursday the last game of the reg season so I would assume within 2 weeks from now.

"They can, but they won't" is fact on what planet? That is an opinion on Earth man!!

mikealike305
04-09-2011, 11:23 AM
of course your not afraid. But a true heat fan Would be your suppose to win 7 Championships lets see if they can win 1

how about u stop worring about 7 years in the future and worry about your knicks making it out of the 1st round.

Catoblepas
04-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Many may not agree but if they play Miami.. Chauncy will be the X factor mainly for match up reasons.. When the Pistons won the championship against the Lakers, he was great.. Tex Winters thought Richard Hamilton would be the biggest threat that series though..
Another thing is up and down Basketball will hurt them against Miami.. they cant out score them unless they get stops and maybe slow the game down.

Against Boston, i dont think they really have a great chance.
Boston has too much chemistry amongst their team.

latinofire21
04-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Im loving the hostility. I am actually hoping we get Miami because Lebron cant get the media out of his head. Everytime he shows up at MSG he tries to be the man and doesnt get his team involved. Let a couple ESPN Analysts say that Lebron cant win with this team against the Knicks because he commands the ball too much and watch him do that chuck fest he did the last time they lost against us. Taking the last 10 shots when he was off to show he was the man on the team lol.

Why is it that the arguement for NYK is that we have no bench and only have 3 players yada yada yada but that arguement isnt held for Miami as well?

Hoopsadvocate
04-09-2011, 11:35 AM
"They can, but they won't" is fact on what planet? That is an opinion on Earth man!!

... Really? The fact was that we have two of the top 3 scorers in the league right now. And guys have numbers 4 and 5. I was saying that ur opinion was that thu could score 40 and take wades place but as of right now that fact is we have the number 2 and 3 scorers not u.

Get it?

An still waiting on word for the sig bet mr. Confident

allSUAVE
04-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Funny thing is when or IF I must say, we play the heat in the first round we would have home court advantage ..their's allot of knick fans in south beach

allSUAVE
04-09-2011, 11:40 AM
No team's Scared of the heat!

I want to play them over all the teams above us to tell y'all the truth.

knickerbockerny
04-09-2011, 11:43 AM
... Really? The fact was that we have two of the top 3 scorers in the league right now. And guys have numbers 4 and 5. I was saying that ur opinion was that thu could score 40 and take wades place but as of right now that fact is we have the number 2 and 3 scorers not u.

Get it?

An still waiting on word for the sig bet mr. Confident

My brain cells die every time I try to understand your logic. I don't need to sig beat to reassure my confidence in the Knicks.

Teufelshunde4
04-09-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm sorry you feel that way. The reality is that the Knicks are currently the hottest team in basketball and back in the playoffs for the first time since 2003. the timing couldn't be better imo. I didn't see any other related threads otherwise i would have thought otherwise.

The Knicks are 10-10 in their last 20 games.. While Chicago is 18-2 over last 20... Lakers are 15-5 over last 20 games.. Heat are 12-8 over last 20 games..

So what planet are you on where 10-10 is hotter then 18-2?:facepalm:

And for the record "NO" the Knicks wont beat either Boston or Miami... Id like to see them beat Miami just so we can all laugh at the Heat and hear the excuses all the Heat bandwagon fans can come up with..

Go get some role players and have a training camp with a better coach and then the Knicks will get out of the 1st round...

knickerbockerny
04-09-2011, 11:46 AM
No team's Scared of the heat!

I want to play them over all the teams above us to tell y'all the truth.

That's exactly how I feel about the Knicks playoff situation. I wish things were set in stone right now. America Airlines Arena will feel like New York half of their crowd will most definitely be Knick fans, the other quarter will be corporate sponsors. That is never the case in the Garden.

latinofire21
04-09-2011, 11:55 AM
The Knicks are 10-10 in their last 20 games.. While Chicago is 18-2 over last 20... Lakers are 15-5 over last 20 games.. Heat are 12-8 over last 20 games..

So what planet are you on where 10-10 is hotter then 18-2?:facepalm:

And for the record "NO" the Knicks wont beat either Boston or Miami... Id like to see them beat Miami just so we can all laugh at the Heat and hear the excuses all the Heat bandwagon fans can come up with..

Go get some role players and have a training camp with a better coach and then the Knicks will get out of the 1st round...

You can easily manipulate that stat to however you feel suiting to your arguement. They have the longest active win streak and have been one of the hottest teams in the last 10 games. This is important going into the playoffs. I think thats what Kashmir meant.

Hoopsadvocate
04-09-2011, 11:55 AM
My brain cells die every time I try to understand your logic. I don't need to sig beat to reassure my confidence in the Knicks.

Of course u don't need to but it shows what U really think because in all honesty if u were really as confidnt as u say u were ud have nothing to worry about. But now I can see some of te fear in ur subconscious is saying not to so u don't have egg on your face when u lose.

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 11:58 AM
That's exactly how I feel about the Knicks playoff situation. I wish things were set in stone right now. America Airlines Arena will feel like New York half of their crowd will most definitely be Knick fans, the other quarter will be corporate sponsors. That is never the case in the Garden.

- American Airlines will be filled with Knicks fans
- They will chant "MVP" for Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Staudimire
- They will boo LeBron at the free-throw line
- Spike Lee will be acting a fool courtside while donning his hideous ceremonial Knickerbocker vestments.

And the Knicks will lose. In 5. At best.

You will cry. Alone. At night.

You want the Heat? I hope you get the Heat.

justinnum1
04-09-2011, 12:03 PM
- American Airlines will be filled with Knicks fans
- They will chant "MVP" for Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Staudimire
- They will boo LeBron at the free-throw line
- Spike Lee will be acting a fool courtside while donning his hideous ceremonial Knickerbocker vestments.

And the Knicks will lose. In 5. At best.

You will cry. Alone. At night.

You want the Heat? I hope you get the Heat.

Very well said. Im going to laugh at all the knicks fans that paid 5X after they lose in miami, and if im drunk, there might even be a fight in the crowd. Actually, i know there will be fights in the crowd. This miami-knicks matchup is sounding better by the day. Cant wait.

save the knicks
04-09-2011, 12:05 PM
The Knicks have better role players than Maimi

Eddie House? Mike Miller? Big i-cant-run-or-jump-anymore-Z?

Turiaf, Shelden Williams and Jeffries are comparable to Anthony/Z

The Knicks back up PG is better than all of Miamis guards sans wade

Bill Walker/ Fields / Shawn Williams are light years ahead of Mike Miller / Jones / House in terms of combined production

Only real advantage the Heat have is Wade

LBJ vs Mello check out the win/loss
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=jamesle01

theheatles
04-09-2011, 12:09 PM
knick fans say they want the heat because if by some act of god they win they will run their mouths and never let that die, but when they lose, which they will, they have the built in excuse that they weren't ready for this year and it's all about next year and :bla:

justinnum1
04-09-2011, 12:12 PM

Bill Walker/ Fields / Shawn Williams are light years ahead of Mike Miller / Jones / House in terms of combined production

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=anthoca01&p2=jamesle01

sig bet?

save the knicks
04-09-2011, 12:13 PM
sig bet?

Cash bet?

and thats really a poor way to refute what im saying

theheatles
04-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Cash bet?

are we allowed to make cash bets with other members through this forum?

i'll make a str8 up bet heat to beat the knicks in a 7 game series if they meet

brians4919
04-09-2011, 12:17 PM
With all do respect this who Knicks beat on there current winning streak

Mon, Mar 28 vsOrlando W113-106 OT 36-38 Anthony 39 Howard 18 Billups 6
Wed, Mar 30 vsNew Jersey W120-116 37-38 Anthony 39 Humphries 14 Williams 8
APRIL OPPONENT RESULT W-L HI POINTS HI REBOUNDS HI ASSISTS
Sun, Apr 3 vsCleveland W123-107 38-38 Stoudemire 28 Samuels 9 Sessions 8
Tue, Apr 5 vsToronto W131-118 39-38 DeRozan 36 Davis 13 Billups 9
Wed, Apr 6 @Philadelphia W97-92 40-38 Anthony 31 Anthony 11 Holiday 8
Fri, Apr 8 @New Jersey W116-93 41-38 Lopez 27 Anthony

About the only team worth a danm is Orlando

save the knicks
04-09-2011, 12:18 PM
are we allowed to make cash bets with other members through this forum?

i'll make a str8 up bet heat to beat the knicks in a 7 game series if they meet

not going straight up

Hoopsadvocate
04-09-2011, 12:19 PM
still no sig bets with all the knick fans running there mouth!! I don't get it if its such a due thing that by will beat Miami then why not do it u will have to so nothing but humiliate a heat fan and I kno u guys like doing that as u talk all the time.

TheWaterboy
04-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Knick and heat fans fighting over whos bench is better, is like fighting over who is less ********... Your both still ********.

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Knick and heat fans fighting over whos bench is better, is like fighting over who is less ********... Your both still ********.

Exactly. It's like all these people arguing whether Derrick Rose or Dwight Howard should be MVP runner up. They're both still inferior to LeBron--the true MVP.

allSUAVE
04-09-2011, 12:28 PM
The Knicks do have better Role Players just to think about it .wow!

And Heat Fans acting like they are the Lakers or Bulls Smh :facepalm:

theheatles
04-09-2011, 12:31 PM

who cares about role players, miami is a better team than the knicks

koreancabbage
04-09-2011, 12:32 PM

oh please, why is everyone overrating their own team in suggesting upsets? ROFL. last time i checked, out of the two, Lebron made it the NBA finals.

and that Miami Heat are one of the top defensive teams in the league, holding teams to 95 ppg. Knicks have no defense at all, and thats bad when you have, arguably, two of the top 5 players in the league today, playing against you.

Amare is a choke in the playoffs last time i checked, avg 4 rebounds per game in last year's playoffs. Landry Fields has hit the rookie wall. Melo is a blackhole, and the NYK faithful think they are winning as if it was already written.

allSUAVE
04-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Bottom Line Heat Fans! No one is scared of your team.

Prepare for a FIGHT" and hope Lebron don't Turn into Lebrick at the end of close game situations

justinnum1
04-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Knicks have dantoni...im not worried

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 12:37 PM

Prepare for a FIGHT" and hope Lebron don't Turn into Lebrick at the end of close game situations

not being intimidated by the Heat does seem to be the first step to beating them

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 12:39 PM
here's two things about the Knicks that you may not already know: They step up to play the good teams, their record against good teams is actually good.

They can play decent defense when they feel it's important

allSUAVE
04-09-2011, 12:43 PM
not being intimidated by the Heat does seem to be the first step to beating them

Yup ,Carmelo STAT and Billups want the heat also"

They are tough mentally and physically you got to love that!

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 12:47 PM
sig bet or stfu

Hoopsadvocate
04-09-2011, 12:49 PM

Then sig bet!

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 12:53 PM
I'm salivating at the thought of watching the Heat curb-stomp the Knicks in the first round. It's going to be hilarious and delicious.

for the sake of all the fans in the NBA, lets hope this is not the case. NBA needs this series to be close and competitive for ratings, theyre gonna milk it for all its worth

bovice163
04-09-2011, 12:56 PM
I think NY can pull off the upset. Both are just under the contender level and inferior to the elite teams in the East, but I think NY has enough talent to beat Miami.

justinnum1
04-09-2011, 01:01 PM
I think NY can pull off the upset. Both are just under the contender level and inferior to the elite teams in the East, but I think NY has enough talent to beat Miami.

:laugh2:

uprightciti
04-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Miami would be an amazing series it would go to game 7
Boston could go one of two ways knics upset in 6 c's upset in 5
Chicago would be bad

I strongly belive that if the knicks can make an upset happen they would make it to the eastern finals
Most of these teams this year are pretty evenly matched

Its gonna be a fun post season

theheatles
04-09-2011, 01:17 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

NYK|NYY
04-09-2011, 01:19 PM
I love how MIA is acting like it can't happen. I doubt the Knicks win more than 2 games, but honestly, the amount of arrogance the Heat fans have is disgusting.

Ill21
04-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Not likely, they dont play any defense to try to stop either Wade or Lebron.

1/27 - MIA 88 @ NYK 93

2/27 - NYK 91 @ MIA 86

The heat average 102.2 points a game. In there last two match ups the knicks kept them well below that average. But yet they wont step it up in the playoffs and play tight d against them?

NYK|NYY
04-09-2011, 01:22 PM
The Knicks play defense (When they are motivated and lets face it: in the playoffs they will be), it just isn't Chicago or Boston's D.

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 01:27 PM
I love how MIA is acting like it can't happen. I doubt the Knicks win more than 2 games, but honestly, the amount of arrogance the Heat fans have is disgusting.

Can it happen? Sure. Will it happen? Probably not.

Call me arrogant, presumptuous, etc but I don't see the Knicks putting up much of a fight against Miami. They go down in 5, 6 at best.

NYK|NYY
04-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Can it happen? Sure. Will it happen? Probably not.

Call me arrogant, presumptuous, etc but I don't see the Knicks putting up much of a fight against Miami. They go down in 5, 6 at best.

There definitely are some valid reasons why it CAN happen, especially since the MIA crowd is horrible when it comes to games against the Knicks, but unfortunately, I also can't see us getting past the first round. We are playing with house money though, so anything can happen. Pressures all on you guys.

ugotpitsnoggled
04-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Chicago has already clinched the 1 seed in the east so I doubt they play their starters much against the Knicks, but the Boston game should be a good one to measure the Knicks capabilities.

I feel like Boston or the Heat would take out the Knicks in 5 games if the Knicks do not improve their chemistry fast. The main reason is the Knicks do not play ANY defense and that doesn't bode well for them in the playoffs. However, if the Knicks get hot from the 3 point line, they could beat anybody.

juno10
04-09-2011, 01:39 PM

you guys can upset anyone ! everyone knows this don't be sensitive about it. it i don't think you guys will upset miami because they have 2 players who can win a series on their own... but it is possible you guys have a better shot against the bulls because they're are unproven and inexperienced and might crumble like the cavs the last 2 years as the 1st seed.

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Chicago has already clinched the 1 seed in the east so I doubt they play their starters much against the Knicks

You don't know our coach then. The team may not give it 100% this late in the season, but the starters will play.

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 01:41 PM
you guys can upset anyone ! everyone knows this don't be sensitive about it. it i don't think you guys will upset miami because they have 2 players who can win a series on their own... but it is possible you guys have a better shot against the bulls because they're are unproven and inexperienced and might crumble like the cavs the last 2 years as the 1st seed.

jesus christ, if I hear one more person compare the Bulls to the Cavs, I might go postal

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 01:42 PM

Really?! You don't see Knicks putting up much of a fight against Miami.

Because they just rolled over and let Miami butt **** them in the regular season, right? Oh wait, I seem to remember them putting up a pretty decent fight and actually beating you a couple of times.

theheatles
04-09-2011, 01:43 PM
jesus christ, if I hear one more person compare the Bulls to the Cavs, I might go postal

i would say this years bulls are the poor man version of the 2009 cavs

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Knicks will put up one hell of a fight in the first round, you know why? Because they're the Knicks, and they havent been in the playoffs since time immemorial, and they're playing Miami

oh, it will be competitive, you can bank on that

ugotpitsnoggled
04-09-2011, 01:48 PM
You don't know our coach then. The team may not give it 100% this late in the season, but the starters will play.

I'm a Bulls fan, so I do know Thibs. I think it would be stupid to play guys like Boozer and Noah who have had injury problems all year instead of giving them rest. No need to risk Rose or Deng getting injured either. I know he is not going to have them in street clothes, but I hope they all get no more then 25 min as the season winds down

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm a Bulls fan, so I do know Thibs. I think it would be stupid to play guys like Boozer and Noah who have had injury problems all year instead of giving them rest. No need to risk Rose or Deng getting injured either. I know he is going to have them in street clothes, but I hope they all get no more then 25 min as the season winds down

no way will that happen, thibs made a statement just yesterday basically saying the opposite of what you just said.

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Calm down. It's OK. Your Knicks might get swept by the Heat, but at least you still have the Mets!

thats ridiculous, you're just trolling.

I have no idea who will win in a Knicks vs Heat series, but I know for sure it'll be competitive. 6 or 7 games

Purple&Gold24
04-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Nope.

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 01:53 PM
thats ridiculous, you're just trolling.

I have no idea who will win in a Knicks vs Heat series, but I know for sure it'll be competitive. 6 or 7 games

6 games? Sure. 7? No way.

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 01:59 PM
You better hope your team doesn't embarrass themselves.

:up:

justinnum1
04-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Should be a good series

ManRam
04-09-2011, 02:01 PM
This is really close to getting closed. Either keep it civil, or this is going to have to wait until the playoff match up is determined. Last warning.

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 02:04 PM
yeah, keep it civil. keep it in your pants.

It's really arrogant to say your team will sweep the competition. For example, I'm a Bulls fan, were playing the pacers. but I don't say "We're gonna sweep the pacers!"

thats just dumb.

knicks=love
04-09-2011, 02:06 PM

It's really arrogant to say your team will sweep the competition. For example, I'm a Bulls fan, were playing the pacers. but I don't say "We're gonna sweep the pacers!"

thats just dumb.

even though it'll happen and you know it. you're actually a bulls fan i like.

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 02:11 PM
let me guess, by looking at your sig, you think lebron should be MVP? :facepalm:

No. My vote goes to Landry Fields. :up:

knicks=love
04-09-2011, 02:13 PM
No. My vote goes to Landry Fields. :up:

you're jealous you don't have a 2nd round sleeper on your team. it's alright to cry

theheatles
04-09-2011, 02:20 PM

thats just dumb.

the pacers don't have a conceded fan base opening threads about their team upsetting their 1st round opponent...

though i think heat beat knicks in 6

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 02:23 PM
conceited, if you want to be taken seriously I suggest you spell words like an educated adult.

justinnum1
04-09-2011, 02:24 PM
you're jealous you don't have a 2nd round sleeper on your team. it's alright to cry

this guy?
chris sheridan chat
Glenn (Brooklyn)

Chris--I love Landry Fields, but would packaging him and our 1st round draft pick for a center this summer be a plausible idea? We still have wing depth (Bill Walker is like a poor man's Landry Fields with a better 3pt shot) and to get a good center we're gonna need to give up something real.
Chris Sheridan (2:04 PM)

I would say yes if Fields' stock was as high now as it was in February, but it has dropped precipitously. No other Knick has fallen off like he has since the trade, and they haven't found a way to get him back involved. I think the Knicks will try to draft a center, but if none of the ones they like are still on the board when they pick, they are probably going to have to look for a one-year rental on the free agency market to preserve their '12 cap space.

Sounds like he took a major step back, and he barley even plays anymore...who is crying?

theheatles
04-09-2011, 02:30 PM
conceited, if you want to be taken seriously I suggest you spell words like an educated adult.

thank you for the correction, I apologize to the miami heat fan base for spelling the word wrong

bulls fans are a delight, aren't they?:rolleyes:

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 02:38 PM
We're a turkish delight, sweet and gelatin-y.

BSplaya2121
04-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Anthony and Stoudemire can each go for 40 on any given night so is it possible? absolutely, especially when it comes to the playoffs, anything is possible, however, it is unlikely because the Heat have the most talented player in basketball, and the Celtics have the experience. But hey, ya never know!!! : P

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 02:50 PM
well it is nice to have you off our backs for once. It just so happens I agree with Knicks fans on this one, how can I not, when you say ridiculous things like "Heat will sweep the Knicks".

You base this off what, your stellar record against +.500 teams this season or your .500 record against the Knicks in the regular season?

LOOTERX9
04-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Knicks end series with Heat in 6 at the Garden

mjqusoldier
04-09-2011, 03:15 PM
yep a huge chance. Melo owns Lebron and Amare is much better than Bosh. Knicks have a huge advantage at PG and they have and advantage w Wade. I like the Knicks bench better. Celtics will be tougher for the Knicks.

PraiseJesus
04-09-2011, 03:18 PM
The knicks are god awful

jp611
04-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Not a very good chance with the way the play defense... I see the Heat winning this in 5 or 6 games and if they play the Celtics than it will be a sweep or 5 games at most

Redbull
04-09-2011, 03:23 PM
With Amare and Melo on the team you never know but I doubt they can beat the Celtics or Heat in a 7 game series.

Crackadalic
04-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Wow 16 pages of pure hate and other nonsense. The majority of us knick fans are happy to be in the playoffs. the majority of us already know it was gonna be a first round exist because our roster is still incomplete. the majority of us already know our faults on defense is bad. the majority of us know its a long shot. But to say whoever we gonna play is gonna sweep us is just not a smart thing to say.

If anything Im more scared of the Boston Celtics despite their recent struggle because they won a chip and have a ton of playoff experience. The heat has not proven anything that they can go far despite having arguably the best two players in the league. Chris Bosh never been out the 1st round so we have no clue how there gonna perform. If Haslem was back the heat would probably have a better chance but in all fairness nobody is scared of the heat. Also there record against +500 teams as just as unimpressive as the knicks who had two different teams this year

SteBO
04-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Wow 16 pages of pure hate and other nonsense. The majority of us knick fans are happy to be in the playoffs. the majority of us already know it was gonna be a first round exist because our roster is still incomplete. the majority of us already know our faults on defense is bad. the majority of us know its a long shot. But to say whoever we gonna play is gonna sweep us is just not a smart thing to say.

If anything Im more scared of the Boston Celtics despite their recent struggle because they won a chip and have a ton of playoff experience. The heat has not proven anything that they can go far despite having arguably the best two players in the league. Chris Bosh never been out the 1st round so we have no clue how there gonna perform. If Haslem was back the heat would probably have a better chance but in all fairness nobody is scared of the heat. Also there record against +500 teams as just as unimpressive as the knicks who had two different teams this year
That will become completely irelevant come playoff time.

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 03:35 PM
might as well say the entire regular season is irrelevant then. it not irrelevant, it indicates a great deal.

jp611
04-09-2011, 03:37 PM

not necessarily, I know you guys did it in 2006 or whatever year you won the championship, but that was more of a fluke than anything, it doesnt happen that often where teams struggle against better teams all year and than just all of a sudden start beating these teams in the playoffs

SteBO
04-09-2011, 03:44 PM
might as well say the entire regular season is irrelevant then. it not irrelevant, it indicates a great deal.

not necessarily, I know you guys did it in 2006 or whatever year you won the championship, but that was more of a fluke than anything, it doesnt happen that often where teams struggle against better teams all year and than just all of a sudden start beating these teams in the playoffs
I wouldn't call that a fluke, but I see where you two are getting at. However, RZZZA, I could say the same thing vice versa. If regular season meant a great deal, then there would be no point of the playoffs. Might as well hand it to the best team in the league. But we all know that's not happening. It's why we play the games, and having certain team matchups spread out throughout the year with no time for adjustments on a game by game basis, and playing the same team over and over, game to game (playoff series') is completely different. That's why regular season matchups aren't a very good indicator of what's to come.

KnicksFan4Years
04-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Let's not get carried away people, Miami's key to them beating any quality opponent in a seven game series is for their role players to make shots.

Wade, LeBron and Bosh could score 90 points against the Knicks and still lose if the rest of the team scores 10-15 points.

What's really the key will be foul trouble and PG play.

Billups and TD versus Miami defense and Miami PGs versus NYK defense.

I think people also forget about LeCon and his disappearing and propensity to lose trust in his teammates in big moments. A few too many misses by the role players and LeCon will start trying to do it by himself and at that point, the series will be over.

Melo was already a difficult match-up for Miami and the more he has gotten used to D'Antoni's system the better he has become. If the Knicks' supporting cast plays confidently, the Knicks win the series.

Remember that Miami does not have a significant home court advantage in Miami because of the NY fans.

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Well Stebo, I just mean it indicates a great deal, but its obviously not the end-all.

For example, humor me this: Assume the East was so weak this year that the 28-51 Detroit Pistons made it to the playoffs. Would not their record indicate a great deal to you before a single playoff game was even played?

You have to say yes. regular season records are not irrelevant or meaningless

SteBO
04-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Well Stebo, I just mean it indicates a great deal, but its obviously not the end-all.

For example, humor me this: Assume the East was so weak this year that the 28-51 Detroit Pistons made it to the playoffs. Would not their record indicate a great deal to you before a single playoff game was even played?

I didn't really mean it like that. I was only referring to the record +.500 teams. A lot of that was the beginning of the year, which I refuse to get into now, and they were close games to the end, with the exception of the 2nd Boston meeting despite what the score said. Bottom line is, the series' could go either way, and there's no definite winner, especially in the east.

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 03:54 PM

Regular season record is a different statistic than regular season head-to-head against a particular team.

Continuing with your Detroit Pistons analogy: Assume the Pistons made the eighth seed with a 28-54 overall record. Further assume the same Pistons team was 3-0 against the Bulls during the regular season, winning the three games by a combined total of eight points. Would you tell me that the Pistons would be favored in that series against a 62-20 Bulls team merely by way of their head-to-head record against the Bulls in the regular season?

Regular season head-to-head is a very poor statistic from which to extrapolate when attempting to predict playoff success.

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 04:03 PM
but when a team has consistently performed well against elite teams (as in the case of the Knicks) or poorly against elite teams (as in the case of the Pistons) during the season, doesn't that indicate a great deal?

You can say with confidence, yes, the Knicks step up their game against good teams, and the Pistons don't.

Crackadalic
04-09-2011, 04:08 PM

Which is exactly my point. Just how there record is against good teams wont mean anything is the same as the knicks playing at least decent to good defense. The playoffs are a whole different ball game and ANYTHING can happen. All this sweep over teams is nonsense. I can see Indy Philly and NY win a game or 2 especially since its the first time those teams has been in the playoffs for quite a while

If you had told me the last place in points allowed Warriors would knock off a top seeded mavs team in 6 who were 4th in points allowed i would have laugh

If you would have told me a 37 win hawks team would go to 7 games against the Championship contending Boston Celtics i would have laughed.

Im not saying were gonna win a series because frankly i dont think we can but to write us off like were not gonna put up a fight is nonsense

TheRunKiller
04-09-2011, 04:12 PM
I think it's real funny that Heat fans already think they won a championship. LOL

SteBO
04-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Which is exactly my point. Just how there record is against good teams wont mean anything is the same as the knicks playing at least decent to good defense. The playoffs are a whole different ball game and ANYTHING can happen. All this sweep over teams is nonsense. I can see Indy Philly and NY win a game or 2 especially since its the first time those teams has been in the playoffs for quite a while

If you had told me the last place in points allowed Warriors would knock off a top seeded mavs team in 6 who were 4th in points allowed i would have laugh

If you would have told me a 37 win hawks team would go to 7 games against the Championship contending Boston Celtics i would have laughed.

Im not saying were gonna win a series because frankly i dont think we can but to write us off like were not gonna put up a fight is nonsense
Agree 100% with you. I really don't see why other Heat fans say they'll sweep NY. If MIA were to do that, it would be the most impressive thing I've seen this team do. When you have stars that can take over games on your team, you always have a shot. At the end of the day, star power and defense wins in the end. NY is capable of defense, I saw them do it first hand at American Airlines Arena, for I was at that game. It should be a close series, I expect NY to be competitive throughout.

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Which is exactly my point. Just how there record is against good teams wont mean anything is the same as the knicks playing at least decent to good defense. The playoffs are a whole different ball game and ANYTHING can happen. All this sweep over teams is nonsense.

[. . .]

Wait, so ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs! ANYTHING!!!!! But not the Knicks getting swept? No, no. Not that. Never that.

So then at least one thing can't happen in the playoffs, right?!

So which is, then? Can anything happen or can only some things happen?

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Knicks can get swept, its just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very unlikely.

BkOriginalOne
04-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Against Miami they can.
If melo has a great series, and Billups hits big shots.

gotoHcarolina52
04-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Against Miami they can.
If melo has a great series, and Billups hits big shots.

I agree. They can beat the Heat. Most playoff teams can beat the Heat. No one is afraid of Miami. In fact, most teams are secretly hoping they get to face Miami as it'll be an easier road to the next round for them that way. That said, the Knicks probably can't beat the Celitcs or the Bulls or even the Magic. But they can certainly beat the Heat.

RZZZA
04-09-2011, 04:24 PM
nobody is scared of miami because nobody can afford to be scared of miami.

Being scared of miami is how miami was able to go on that ridiculous long winning streak they went on in the middle of the season.