PDA

View Full Version : Lakers fans day the darndest things

Clippersfan86
04-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Check out this hilarious 2-3 minute interview of ESPN LA interviewing LA fans on Blake Griffin vs Kobe.

I'll give you a preview...

Lakers fan: "Kobe about to win his 3rd straight MVP!"

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6304309

Ripper Gein
04-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Sweet story son....

Clippersfan86
04-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Sweet story son....

Sorry man.. I know it's embarrassing.

Ripper Gein
04-08-2011, 02:29 PM
of course it is WE have to share staples with the CLIPPERS?!?!?!

shep33
04-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Check out this hilarious 2-3 minute interview of ESPN LA interviewing LA fans on Blake Griffin vs Kobe.

I'll give you a preview...

Lakers fan: "Kobe about to win his 3rd straight MVP!"
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6304309

Well he could win his 3rd straight Finals MVP lol, jk jk.

Laker fans will even admit we have dumb fans out there, no question. But is this really necessary? I actually cheer for the Clips whenever i'm not cheering for the Lakers, but lets both be honest with ourselves, the Clippers are arguably the least successful franchise in NBA history, and I actually feel for them as a Laker fan because I cannot stand Don "Draper" Sterling.

I really dislike talking trash, but I mean its that time of year again when the Lakers are going for another 'ship, while the Clips are gone fishing.

But in likeness to what Robin Williams says to Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting... "it's not your fault Clippers fans", its your management, and once that changes you guys will be a great franchise IMO.

Clippersfan86
04-08-2011, 02:35 PM

Laker fans will even admit we have dumb fans out there, no question. But is this really necessary? I actually cheer for the Clips whenever i'm not cheering for the Lakers, but lets both be honest with ourselves, the Clippers are arguably the least successful franchise in NBA history, and I actually feel for them as a Laker fan because I cannot stand Don "Draper" Sterling.

I really dislike talking trash, but I mean its that time of year again when the Lakers are going for another 'ship, while the Clips are gone fishing.

But in likeness to what Robin Williams says to Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting... "it's not your fault Clippers fans", its your management, and once that changes you guys will be a great franchise IMO.

Ironically I too cheer for the Lakers as a 2nd team and an LA guy... doesn't mean I'm not embarrassed by.. or sick of these kind of Lakers fans. I have friends that are TRUE Lakers fans that I enjoy very much. I also agree... The Clippers are probably the worst franchise in sports history. I just found this particular interview funny because even the interviewer totally clowns these phonies.

Sync
04-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Im dure they do.

Jetsguy
04-08-2011, 02:37 PM
dey dure do

Clippersfan86
04-08-2011, 02:38 PM
of course it is WE have to share staples with the CLIPPERS?!?!?!

In the coming years... You'll like the Clippers when we are tearing it up.. and you guys are in rebuilding mode for 5 seasons. Unlike the Pau Gasol heist.. I don't see another team handing you guys another all star for free to keep you competitive. Not that this is a knock... but a simple truth. Every dominant franchise and dynasty has a rebuilding period. Imagine if the Grizzlies didn't give the Lakers Gasol for nothing? Kobe wouldn't of signed an extension (he was asking for a trade at that time) and the Lakers would still be winning 42 games or less without Kobe and Shaq. Good for the Lakers they have the best owner and coach in pro sports though and can rebound extremely quick.

The Clippers should provide you with a nice 2nd team to watch much like I have with the Lakers when the Clips are perennially out of the playoffs.

shep33
04-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Ironically I too cheer for the Lakers as a 2nd team and an LA guy... doesn't mean I'm not embarrassed by.. or sick of these kind of Lakers fans. I have friends that are TRUE Lakers fans that I enjoy very much. I also agree... The Clippers are probably the worst franchise in sports history. I just found this particular interview funny because even the interviewer totally clowns these phonies.

haha yeah, we have idiot fans I agree, heck I hate Staples Center outside the playoffs... fans are lousy cause they're at the game for the show. That's one aspect of Clippers basketball I admire. True fans at games.

But your right, we do have some pretty bad fans out there, though most of them are pretty good.

Ripper Gein
04-08-2011, 02:40 PM
I actually like the clips a lot they are easily one of the Most exciting teams in the NBA I hope sterling doesn't **** this one up, but he probably will.

RZZZA
04-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Blake really has to step it up next season. Eric Gordon is looking like more of a leader on the floor than Blake is these days

Clippersfan86
04-08-2011, 02:44 PM
I actually like the clips a lot they are easily one of the Most exciting teams in the NBA I hope sterling doesn't **** this one up, but he probably will.

Me too. I already said if Sterling screws this up... it's the last straw for me. If he ruins this young core we have... I'm probably becoming a Lakers fan. I'm already half way there being from LA and living in So Cal as well as watching them as a 2nd team. Since Kobe evolved in about 06 into a more complete player (no longer as selfish usually).. I watch the entire playoffs for them too.

Clippersfan86
04-08-2011, 02:45 PM
haha yeah, we have idiot fans I agree, heck I hate Staples Center outside the playoffs... fans are lousy cause they're at the game for the show. That's one aspect of Clippers basketball I admire. True fans at games.

But your right, we do have some pretty bad fans out there, though most of them are pretty good.

Yea for sure. I know this thread seems to be a taunt to Lakers fans but let me clarify it isn't. I'm not a Laker hater. I just thought this interview was hilarious and sad. I'm sure you guys don't like these idiot fans either.

Clippersfan86
04-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Blake really has to step it up next season. Eric Gordon is looking like more of a leader on the floor than Blake is these days

Hmm... not the last month. EJ was looking like our best player before his injury but this last month Blake has really taken the reigns. He not only passed the rookie wall but he exploded through it.. averaging like 26, 13 and 5 in his last 10 or somewhere around there after averaging only 17 and 10 ish for the month before when Eric was out.

I honestly think Blake is going to surprise everyone next season with the improvements he makes in the offseason. Lately I'm disappointed with Eric Gordon. His game is slumping and all he does all game is cry to refs after every call. He's shooting like 37 percent in his last 10 and he's normally an extremely efficient scorer.

Ripper Gein
04-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Yea for sure. I know this thread seems to be a taunt to Lakers fans but let me clarify it isn't. I'm not a Laker hater. I just thought this interview was hilarious and sad. I'm sure you guys don't like these idiot fans either.

Ehh im also a Dodger fan, not a good time to cheer a team with a questionable fanbase..

shep33
04-08-2011, 02:51 PM

Yeah, I kinda thought it was a hate thread at first, so I apologize. We'll have several of our fellow unreasonable Laker fans come in here and react harshly I think, so please don't be offended.

But yeah, thread is fine, we do have dumb Laker fans, bandwagon fans for that matter too. But the Clips have a nice future, although I would love to see them sell the franchise to another owner, just as most Clipper fans would want to see.

John Walls Era
04-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Learn to spell.

Evolution23
04-08-2011, 02:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wuhl7fuRfA

Clippersfan86
04-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Yeah, I kinda thought it was a hate thread at first, so I apologize. We'll have several of our fellow unreasonable Laker fans come in here and react harshly I think, so please don't be offended.

But yeah, thread is fine, we do have dumb Laker fans, bandwagon fans for that matter too. But the Clips have a nice future, although I would love to see them sell the franchise to another owner, just as most Clipper fans would want to see.

I'm prepared man. As a 12 year Clippers fan.. I'm completely used to the Lakers fans you're talking about that would nerd rage or troll this thread. :) I should of worded the title in a less inflammatory way but oh well :p. Hey meant to ask.. Is Bynum already having knee problems with the surgically repaired knee? Or other injury?

Clippersfan86
04-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Learn to spell.

LOL... Can't edit title now. If you look carefully you might notice the D and S keys are right next to each other ; x...

Sync
04-08-2011, 03:10 PM
LOL... Can't edit title now. If you look carefully you might notice the D and S keys are right next to each other ; x...

Oh I dee I dee.

Clippersfan86
04-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Oh I dee I dee.

:clap:

Purple&Gold24
04-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Yed dey dar! :facepalm:

shep33
04-08-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm prepared man. As a 12 year Clippers fan.. I'm completely used to the Lakers fans you're talking about that would nerd rage or troll this thread. :) I should of worded the title in a less inflammatory way but oh well :p. Hey meant to ask.. Is Bynum already having knee problems with the surgically repaired knee? Or other injury?

He seems to have tweaked his knee against the Nuggets, but he's fine. Haha game after that he had a career high in rebounds... actually it is safe to say that Andrew Bynum has been the lakers best player since the break. If he stays healthy, it'll be the first time in the past 3 years, that we'd have our team basically at 100%.

Clippersfan86
04-08-2011, 06:22 PM
He seems to have tweaked his knee against the Nuggets, but he's fine. Haha game after that he had a career high in rebounds... actually it is safe to say that Andrew Bynum has been the lakers best player since the break. If he stays healthy, it'll be the first time in the past 3 years, that we'd have our team basically at 100%.

Bynum is the key to the Lakers future going forward. IF he can somehow remain healthy from now on... he will be a dominant Center and right there with Dwight for years to come. If Bynum keeps getting injured and having setbacks it won't be good during the rebuilding stage.

Havoc Wreaker
04-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Im dure they do.
:laugh2:

DoubleDragon
04-08-2011, 07:04 PM

well written Shep:clap:
And yes, I believe they must be talking Final's MVP (which isn't a bad thing)
but they probably, in good L.A. fashion, had one too many Big beers to discern between the two.

So, every time some fan says something moronic, we have to designate the entire fanbase moronic? Wow, it's gonna be a busy forum:rolleyes:

BTW, Blake Griffin's a M O N S T E R, and he's an L.A. monster, no matter which side of Staples he's in. Kid's crazy good (Gordon too);)

mttwlsn16
04-08-2011, 07:38 PM

youre not a clipper fan :mad:

**** the fakers :D

mttwlsn16
04-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Me too. I already said if Sterling screws this up... it's the last straw for me. If he ruins this young core we have... I'm probably becoming a Lakers fan. I'm already half way there being from LA and living in So Cal as well as watching them as a 2nd team. Since Kobe evolved in about 06 into a more complete player (no longer as selfish usually).. I watch the entire playoffs for them too.

ya dude DEFINITELY not a clippers fan. im embarassed you have that avatar :pity:

don'tfireNedCo
04-08-2011, 09:56 PM
WTF... a real lifetime clipperfan does not claim the fakers as his second favorite team.

just as a real dodgerfan would never consider the angels as his second favorite team.

ps----

besides, you have rarely even showed up at our little home called the clippers forum, not that I am saying you need our approval or any nonsense of that sort, but if we knew you better we would have your back against any argument that is sound against the fakers, but we barely even know you and you already speak of sleeping with the enemy...

but at the same time, i do see that the intention of this thread is to mock the faker fan base, so I can relate to your enthusiasm. i hope you bring that same enthusiasm to our home forum rather than stirring up controversy in general forums.

LakersIn5
04-08-2011, 10:10 PM
In the coming years... You'll like the Clippers when we are tearing it up.. and you guys are in rebuilding mode for 5 seasons. Unlike the Pau Gasol heist.. I don't see another team handing you guys another all star for free to keep you competitive. Not that this is a knock... but a simple truth. Every dominant franchise and dynasty has a rebuilding period. Imagine if the Grizzlies didn't give the Lakers Gasol for nothing? Kobe wouldn't of signed an extension (he was asking for a trade at that time) and the Lakers would still be winning 42 games or less without Kobe and Shaq. Good for the Lakers they have the best owner and coach in pro sports though and can rebound extremely quick.

The Clippers should provide you with a nice 2nd team to watch much like I have with the Lakers when the Clips are perennially out of the playoffs.

the lakers will always be a playoff team. they are the god damn lakers for crying out loud. they have the winning tradition. im not sure but i think they have only missed the playoffs twice in the last 20+ years. and even before acquiring pau gasol. the lakers were something like 28-11. and even before gasol came kobe was already about the good start of the lakers.

mttwlsn16
04-08-2011, 11:01 PM
the lakers will always be a playoff team. they are the god damn lakers for crying out loud. they have the winning tradition. im not sure but i think they have only missed the playoffs twice in the last 20+ years. and even before acquiring pau gasol. the lakers were something like 28-11. and even before gasol came kobe was already about the good start of the lakers.

fakers getting old, they have another 3 years at best

nickdymez
04-09-2011, 01:08 AM
Lakers fans are allowed day whatever they want! sammit!!

Clippersfan86
04-09-2011, 02:32 AM
WTF... a real lifetime clipperfan does not claim the fakers as his second favorite team.

just as a real dodgerfan would never consider the angels as his second favorite team.

ps----

besides, you have rarely even showed up at our little home called the clippers forum, not that I am saying you need our approval or any nonsense of that sort, but if we knew you better we would have your back against any argument that is sound against the fakers, but we barely even know you and you already speak of sleeping with the enemy...

but at the same time, i do see that the intention of this thread is to mock the faker fan base, so I can relate to your enthusiasm. i hope you bring that same enthusiasm to our home forum rather than stirring up controversy in general forums.

I'm a moderator at a Clippers forum called Clippers Topbuzz. I don't need to prove **** to you man. 13 years service to my team... test me. As for rooting for the Lakers as a second team you're making the mistake of pretending to have a rivalry when we have 0 championships to their what 16 in 31 finals appearances? The Clippers DO NOT have a rivalry with the Lakers no matter how much some ignorant Clipper fans try to make one. You really think the Lakers have anything to prove?

Until we start meeting them in the playoffs in hallway series it's just a figment of your imagination. So the whole sleeping with the enemy thing is ********. You have to win to form rivalries. Not saying I don't enjoy sticking it to the Lakers on gameday... but to act like this is Lakers/Celtics or something is lame.

As for keeping this in the Clippers specific section... your section is dead. As I said I post my Clippers specific material on a big Clippers forum I moderate on. Same reason I don't use GM's dead Clippers forum. Nobody really posts/chats as much.

I know you probably don't mean any disrespect... but don't judge a book by it's cover. I started in the Keith Closs... Sean Rooks... Olowokandi days in 98-99. I've been one of the most dedicated fans in the world. I miss 5 games a year tops.. this year I missed one. I've put in work spending nights listening to Ralph and Mike on the radio when I had to be up at 5 am. Among other things..

don'tfireNedCo
04-10-2011, 01:35 PM
like i already said...

not that I am saying you need our approval or any nonsense of that sort, but if we knew you better we would have your back against any argument that is sound against the fakers

and i once again respectfully disagree that rivalry needs equal track records. the brooklyn dodgers/bridegrooms had always played fiercely with extra motivation against not only the NY/Manhattan Gnats but with the NYYankees back in the day. did the dodgers ever have the same type of W-L records and numerous WS on their resume against the Yanks back then? nope. they were perennial losers until the very last year of their brooklyn days. you could even say the early brooklyn bridegrooms/dodgers were MLB version of the Clippers.

on the other topic of our forum being dead, not true. it is just very slow.:D

don'tfireNedCo
04-10-2011, 01:42 PM
and oh BTW, kudos to u for being a long time clipperfan. i hope you remember the pre-clipperdarryl days at the dump aka LA sportsarena. there just aren't too many of us.

jiggin
04-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Lakers "fans" are a joke. Most of them, especially the female ones that show up in droves with their purple or yellow kobe jerseys on...are just there because its the trendy thing to be associated with in sports and the NBA.

Its so..."Hollywood".

I was at the Blazers/Lakers game last Friday and decided, for research reasons, to ask 5 Lakers fans and 5 Blazers fans 2 questions.

The first was, what is your teams record right now. NONE of the lakers fans had the correct answer, 4 of the 5 said they had no clue (1 guy guessed and was way off). In contrast...4 of the 5 Blazers fans knew the exact record of the Blazers.

The second question I asked was to name the 5 starters (or at least regular starter) for your team. I wasn't looking to cross reference it with who was actually starting...just wanted to know if they knew who got most of the playing time or the key players that get the nod most of the time.

Every lakers fan new 3...of course Kobe, Ron Artest and the Kardashian sister's husband, Lamar. But after those three, it was a toss up. Two guys rattle off every player on the roster...but the others had no real clue...asking (ending their answer with a question sound) when they named a player like Bynum.

In contrast every Blazer fan, male or female, that I asked ripped off a list of players, starters and bench...with multiple people saying who their fav was ect...

I ended up telling a colliege of mine that if I were a Lakers fan, I would be a quiet one that didn't devulge that info to ANYONE...because I wouldn't want to be associated with that fan base...if you want to even call it that.

I realize not all lakers fans are this way...but it is embarrassing to know that fans of your team are like this...and misrepresenting in this manner.

PS - Lots of Laker fans were tossed out of that game...with LOTS of police at the stadium that night. I think it was said best when put; some people you don't have to help make ***** of themselves. They do it just fine on their own.

You stay classy Lakers fans...LOL

championships
04-10-2011, 02:12 PM
fakers getting old, they have another 3 years at best

Hahahaha. Clipper fans, jealous of your more successful big brother?

championships
04-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Lakers "fans" are a joke. Most of them, especially the female ones that show up in droves with their purple or yellow kobe jerseys on...are just there because its the trendy thing to be associated with in sports and the NBA.

Its so..."Hollywood".

I was at the Blazers/Lakers game last Friday and decided, for research reasons, to ask 5 Lakers fans and 5 Blazers fans 2 questions.

The first was, what is your teams record right now. NONE of the lakers fans had the correct answer, 4 of the 5 said they had no clue (1 guy guessed and was way off). In contrast...4 of the 5 Blazers fans knew the exact record of the Blazers.

The second question I asked was to name the 5 starters (or at least regular starter) for your team. I wasn't looking to cross reference it with who was actually starting...just wanted to know if they knew who got most of the playing time or the key players that get the nod most of the time.

Every lakers fan new 3...of course Kobe, Ron Artest and the Kardashian sister's husband, Lamar. But after those three, it was a toss up. Two guys rattle off every player on the roster...but the others had no real clue...asking (ending their answer with a question sound) when they named a player like Bynum.

In contrast every Blazer fan, male or female, that I asked ripped off a list of players, starters and bench...with multiple people saying who their fav was ect...

I ended up telling a colliege of mine that if I were a Lakers fan, I would be a quiet one that didn't devulge that info to ANYONE...because I wouldn't want to be associated with that fan base...if you want to even call it that.

I realize not all lakers fans are this way...but it is embarrassing to know that fans of your team are like this...and misrepresenting in this manner.

PS - Lots of Laker fans were tossed out of that game...with LOTS of police at the stadium that night. I think it was said best when put; some people you don't have to help make ***** of themselves. They do it just fine on their own.

This happens with any team that is currently winning and winning often. There is a ton of fair weather, band wagon fans who jump on the hot team. If the Blazers were winning multiple ships, they would have the same type of fans. Blazers haven't won **** and don't have many bandwagon fans. Ask real laker fans those questions and I will bet you, you will get 5 out of 5 correct answers.

lakers4sho
04-10-2011, 02:54 PM

Its so..."Hollywood".

Statistics 101 : Wrong sample.

Piercefan34
04-10-2011, 04:36 PM
i dont think this is an accurate representation of lakers fans. as much as i hate the lakers the real fans know more than that. this bar seemed to be illegal immigrants who do not know the game

Statik1
04-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Im dure they do.

This

GeekInThePink
04-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Derp.

mttwlsn16
04-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Hahahaha. Clipper fans, jealous of your more successful big brother?

jealous of purple and piss? :laugh:

no

lakers4sho
04-10-2011, 06:26 PM
i dont think this is an accurate representation of lakers fans. as much as i hate the lakers the real fans know more than that. this bar seemed to be illegal immigrants who do not know the game

:facepalm:

Clippersfan86
04-12-2011, 07:29 PM
and oh BTW, kudos to u for being a long time clipperfan. i hope you remember the pre-clipperdarryl days at the dump aka LA sportsarena. there just aren't too many of us.

Sorry didn't get back to you sooner. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful.. just a passionate guy and I've put in a lot of work.. so I guess I don't like being doubted as a fan. It comes with the territory though on basketball forums sometimes so I need to relax for sure. I'll try to stop by the Clippers section more often... lately CTB forum is slow too with the season winding down on such a sour note. Not much to talk about.